[FM22] England down to Level 10 Now available for download

7 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Added points deductions in for Kendal Town, Cleator Moor Celtic, Bugbrooke St Michaels.

Remove these points deductions; Kendal Town and Bugbrooke St. Michael got deducted points for playing ineligible players and Cleator Moor Celtic got deducted points for failing to fulfil a fixture.

Would be harsh to include these in the game in my opinion.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Remove these points deductions; Kendal Town and Bugbrooke St. Michael got deducted points for playing ineligible players and Cleator Moor Celtic got deducted points for failing to fulfil a fixture.

Would be harsh to include these in the game in my opinion.

They broke the rules thats why they got the points deductions.

If we take them out then we may as well take Derby, Reading, & Dover points out too.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

If we take them out then we may as well take Derby, Reading, & Dover points out too.

But you’re penalising those teams for what they did in games that will take place during the first season of Football Manager; Derby, Reading and Dover got deducted points for off the field issues.

15 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

But you’re penalising those teams for what they did in games that will take place during the first season of Football Manager; Derby, Reading and Dover got deducted points for off the field issues.

Think for integrity sake they should be kept, I get where you're coming from but feel it makes the leagues more interesting as a challenge.

It's a difficult one. If you're not playing as one of those teams then it's perhaps reasonable to assume that things would play out as they would have done in real life. If you play as one of those teams, then you're in control and it's different. I don't think there's a right answer so perhaps best to just leave it to @lionel messi to decide?

As an aside - thank you for putting this together - what would we do without the likes of you? :applause:

3 hours ago, DNZY said:

Think for integrity sake they should be kept, I get where you're coming from but feel it makes the leagues more interesting as a challenge.

The games they’ve got deducted points for have been this season though, not previous seasons like Derby, Reading and Dover with their deducted points.

It’ll seem weird coming up to the games in question if you’re managing in those leagues that they got deducted points for. At the start of the game, everyone will be on 0 points, like they were in real life.

(Unless there’s a way in the game of making them play ineligible players and failing to fulfil a fixture, which I highly doubt there is one)

Edited by FCUtdWill

I'm really looking forward to playing with this file and appreciate the fantastic amount of work you are doing to get it up and running.  

On the points deductions though it would seem completely nonsensical to put in points deductions for offences committed in real life after the FM2022 game seasons have started.  Derby, Reading and Dover deductions relate to offences committed before the 2021/22 season began and are rightly reflected in the game.  But the non league deductions, as I understand it, relate to offences committed during the 2021/22 season.  They therefore do not happen in the FM world.  How can a team have a points deduction for an offence not committed?  It would be nonsensical.  For me it would be a blot on the realism of the game to put these non league points deductions in and would detract from the authenticity of this superb lower leagues add on.  I sincerely hope you will have a rethink on this.

Regardless, though, hats off for your hard work and I can't wait to use this file.

re this points deduction thing ... the database that is being built should be (and knowing LM's diligence, will be) accurate as at the start of the 2021/22 season (25th June 2021 or thereabouts if using the English start date) so every event up to 25th June should be reflected in the game i.e. points deductions for Derby, Reading and Dover.  Although Reading's points were deducted mid November they should still be included because they were for events that occurred before the start of the season.  

Any external events that happen after the 25th June are simply not relevant to the game because as far as the game is concerned, they haven't happened.  If you decide to include Kendal's 1 point deduction for instance then by the same token you have to include every event i.e. fixture/result etc leading up to their 1 point deduction to reflect reality.  That means ensuring all fixtures and results in game are the same as real life.  And let's face it that makes no sense.

And, if we go the Kendal point deduction route then we should also be removing Bottesford Town and Bugbrook St Michaels from the FA Cup as they were eliminated due to fielding ineligible players. The list of "reality changes" could go on an on but realistically we only care about stuff up to 25th June.

Edited by andydick

• lionel messi changed the title to [FM22] England down to Level 10 Now available for download
7 minutes ago, cwattyeso said:

It is indeed a great day, when Lionel Messi drops his database on the Football Manager community. I can now start my long term save at the helm of the Gingerbreads and hope I last longer in the job then Carlton Palmer did this season.

Hope you enjoy the game.

Who are the Gingerbreads?

Hi all, stupid question but loading this file plays havoc with the graphics from my other custom file (presumably because of shared team IDs causing the ones in the second file to change?). How can I force load the original, then have this one come up second. I don't mind if the graphics are a bit off in the extended English file because I just want the teams/players in the background of my main game.

I've tried renaming the files as A or 0 as this has worked for me before when I had a similar issue, but it's not helping with this file.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Supermercado99 said:

Hi all, stupid question but loading this file plays havoc with the graphics from my other custom file (presumably because of shared team IDs causing the ones in the second file to change?). How can I force load the original, then have this one come up second. I don't mind if the graphics are a bit off in the extended English file because I just want the teams/players in the background of my main game.

I've tried renaming the files as A or 0 as this has worked for me before when I had a similar issue, but it's not helping with this file.

Thanks!

I dont know much about the graphics to be honest, maybe someone with more knowledge on this can help you.

21 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I dont know much about the graphics to be honest, maybe someone with more knowledge on this can help you.

Update! Just fixed issue by exporting your file to XML with a name starting with ZZZ. Have been hanging out to have all these leagues in my game, thanks for putting it together.

4 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Update! Just fixed issue by exporting your file to XML with a name starting with ZZZ. Have been hanging out to have all these leagues in my game, thanks for putting it together.

May I ask how you exported the fmf to xml? Was trying to do the same with a real fixtures file to go along with this one without any success. Thanks.

Excited to get started with this tomorrow! Incredible amount of work gone into it - Hat off to you sir! :applause:

It's a question that was asked a little earlier in the thread but I didn't see a response - Any idea if the youth leagues are working fine with the database?

2 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Export the data rather than save editor data as.

Thanks FCUtd Will......unfortunately they xml version still shows as another England file and does not allow the real fixtures to be used with this lovely database....so I'll go with fake fixtures it appears. At least I learned a new trick.

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

No it is fine.

Your welcome.

Enjoy the game.

Wow, I don't think it's recommended.

I overshot my wage budget. Say my wage budget is 100, with all staff and players added, im at 300 = 200 over my budget - ouch.

Also, I'm expected (projection) to lose around 60k (wages takes 40k) at the end of season. Hard to survive at level 10 =)

Edited by Groom84

5 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

Wow, I don't think it's recommended.

I overshot my wage budget. Say my wage budget is 100, with all staff and players added, im at 300 = 200 over my budget - ouch.

Also, I'm expected (projection) to lose around 60k (wages takes 40k) at the end of season. Hard to survive at level 10 =)

Yes you can get into alot of trouble financially at Level 10 if you overspend.

The game vastly overpays generated staff compared to players. This happens in every database I've made with small teams - players scoring 50 goals a year are getting a quarter of the wage of a loan manager that teams at that level shouldn't have anyway. Went some way to solving by messing around with the contract types for particular divisions in the editor and making loan manager, general manager, and any other jobs that miniscule teams wouldn't have (or would have as a voluntary position only) to always be amateur contracts.