sedge11

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chapman7 said:

What are people doing for the no. 6 role or DM as its known forĀ 

Signed Rice on my first save but am slightly regretting it. He is excellent in the game but am thinking I should have signed more of a passer (ala a Carrick for the role)

Long term I'm going to bring Garner through for it.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Ferdy5 said:

Signed Rice on my first save but am slightly regretting it. He is excellent in the game but am thinking I should have signed more of a passer (ala a Carrick for the role)

Long term I'm going to bring Garner through for it.

Ā 

I was thinking Rice but like yourself i want a pass recycler who can play all types of a passes across the pitchĀ 

2 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Always look for a destroyer as a DM so i went for Ndidi, only cost me Ā£45mil.

Good price but would like a player to recycle possession around so may need someone bit more technically strongerĀ 

Good price but would like a player to recycle possession around so may need someone bit more technically strongerĀ 

Ruben Neves might be your guy then, he is a bit more pricey tho.

26 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

Ruben Neves might be your guy then, he is a bit more pricey tho.

Yeah was looking at him think I may have to try and unsettle him maybe unless they are relegated then may manage to get him at a cheaper priceĀ 

51 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Yeah was looking at him think I may have to try and unsettle him maybe unless they are relegated then may manage to get him at a cheaper priceĀ 

Which season you are in? I know you can get him for around Ā£62mil at the start of season one tho.

27 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

Which season you are in? I know you can get him for around Ā£62mil at the start of season one tho.

Just restarted on the update after finishing the first season on first full release. Yeah it's bit much with the budget you start with lol. Managed to Sergio Busguets for Ā£7.75million after being transfer listed as a stop gap until I find a suitable replacement long term. Looking at getting Nico from Barca also, but Ā£16.5- Ā£20million seems steep for a 19 year old whos not really played much first team footballĀ 

8 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Just restarted on the update after finishing the first season on first full release. Yeah it's bit much with the budget you start with lol. Managed to Sergio Busguets for Ā£7.75million after being transfer listed as a stop gap until I find a suitable replacement long term. Looking at getting Nico from Barca also, but Ā£16.5- Ā£20million seems steep for a 19 year old whos not really played much first team footballĀ 

His Barca team mate I think is probably one of the best options available in DeJong.

18 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

What are people doing for the no. 6 role or DM as its known forĀ 

I try with Kessie at the start of the game but he was poor. In season two Nicollo Rovella was 4 months best Young Player, he is very cheap at the start of game but I let him to spend first season in Genoa (on loan) because I want to give a proper chance to Kessie.
With quite good Rovella Kessie plays only 6 games in PL so he want to leave and I will sell him.

TBH my first choice was Tonali and we make fee agreement with Milano but he wasn't interested in joining us.Ā 

As I already say in matches with weaker opponents I try with Pogba on DLP and McTominay BBM and Bruno AP/MEZZ in front of him. Worked quite well.Ā 

On 02/01/2022 at 09:56, milan_manutd said:

I try with Kessie at the start of the game but he was poor. In season two Nicollo Rovella was 4 months best Young Player, he is very cheap at the start of game but I let him to spend first season in Genoa (on loan) because I want to give a proper chance to Kessie.
With quite good Rovella Kessie plays only 6 games in PL so he want to leave and I will sell him.

TBH my first choice was Tonali and we make fee agreement with Milano but he wasn't interested in joining us.Ā 

As I already say in matches with weaker opponents I try with Pogba on DLP and McTominay BBM and Bruno AP/MEZZ in front of him. Worked quite well.Ā 

Pretty sure he's been loaned out in real life so will have to see if I can get a deal for him to join in the following summer if he's as good as that he is for youĀ 

Why is Bobby Chartlon the record holder when Rooney broke that record? Also to keep my self motivated im trying to get a player to beat Ryan Giggs all time appearance record with a 17 year old goalkeeper i bought for Ā£93million from Man ****** lol

10 minutes ago, jackripper said:

Why is Bobby Chartlon the record holder when Rooney broke that record? Also to keep my self motivated im trying to get a player to beat Ryan Giggs all time appearance record with a 17 year old goalkeeper i bought for Ā£93million from Man ****** lol

Rooney has the overall goals scored record with 253 in total with Charlton second on 249 goals. However Charlton has 199 league goals. Rooney has 183.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_United_F.C._records_and_statistics#Goalscorers

Worth going for this deal for Tuanzebe? I have 100 Mn in the bank and my transfer business for this window is done. My current other CBs are Varane, Araujo and Maguire. I already have de Ligt coming in next season. Tuanzebe had about 16 appearances last season, mainly in the Cup and early CL group stages.

Any recommendations on a backup for him?

image.thumb.png.c8fe865fa7df6136b83fda0e52bdc65b.png

Ā 

This is how Tuanzebe was last season.

image.thumb.png.7f871bce89d10775d6b75f2907337ab0.png

4 hours ago, Sherkey said:

Worth going for this deal for Tuanzebe? I have 100 Mn in the bank and my transfer business for this window is done. My current other CBs are Varane, Araujo and Maguire. I already have de Ligt coming in next season. Tuanzebe had about 16 appearances last season, mainly in the Cup and early CL group stages.

Any recommendations on a backup for him?

image.thumb.png.c8fe865fa7df6136b83fda0e52bdc65b.png

Ā 

This is how Tuanzebe was last season.

image.thumb.png.7f871bce89d10775d6b75f2907337ab0.png

I would sell if it was me infact i think i sold him cheaper than that to Leicester but not on my save to clarify.

For that money for a squad player, I'd sell. You're getting a few more million than he's actually worth. You look like you have 10 homegrown players, soon to be 9 perhaps so if you have a youth player to promote into his place or want to invest the money from Bayern in a better option, go for it.

I started a new save and this is the PL at the end:

image.thumb.png.4eedb635ac53961724f6fb94c80d5b04.png

Quite frustrating as I felt it was one of my better seasons on FM in a while. Lost it at Leicester at the end of April with a 2-0 defeat, just before another loss at Liverpool. After that we weren't in control anymore. We won all remaining games, but so did Liverpool.

Ā 

On the other hand:

image.png.52c17f098b6b9522f735a8d3abf4833d.png

So we won the CL on penalties against Dortmund. Together with the League Cup, it's a weird double to win.

I had a big summer transfer window

image.png.214b02bbf75e36958b228035ca0e921c.png

And managed to get rid of some surplus players too (Mata ā‚¬850k, Bailly ā‚¬30m, Lingard ā‚¬7.5m, Pereira ā‚¬9.5m, Telles ā‚¬45m and Chong ā‚¬2.8m). Didn't manage to sell Fred though.

Anyone know if there is a minimum age for mentorees I can't seem to get my 16-18 other than one which is Hannibal. Tried having them in First team, adding to First team training units but don't have the option to add themĀ :onmehead:

5 hours ago, MjMalone79 said:

Anyone know what's the best role and instruction for CR7? I just can't get him performing i have tried all roles.

I had him playing Deep-Lying Forward/Pressing Forward/ Complete Forward and excelled in all roles on the full release but since the update when i restarted been a struggle to get him scoring but going to wait for him to be 100% familiar with tactic before i change his role/instructions as he come back quite late from his holiday after Euros he isnt able to play as many friendlies to get himself in good enough condition or able to get a decent familiarised level before start of seasonĀ 

13 hours ago, MjMalone79 said:

Anyone know what's the best role and instruction for CR7? I just can't get him performing i have tried all roles.

Poacher all the way! Been banging them in the second season, 33 in 20, won the ballon d'or second year running. Playing Bruno as an AP-s behind him.

Near the end of season 3. I sell Pogba to Arsenal and bring Bellingham. Like in FM21, Bellingham is a phenomenal but he was 3 months out with injury so I drop some points in PL and Liverpool (without loss) is 6 points off.Ā 

If anyone have doubts on him, please don't, just change him with Pogba and everything will be fine.

On 25/10/2021 at 12:06, Jamie Cortez said:

Problem is, with the talent in the squad this isn't going to be a difficult save.

Centre of the park i think i would be looking towards the youth team. Hannibal deserves some game time, and progression.

Maguire is going. Varane needs a decent partner, with a bit of pace ( probably look at Kounde here).

I signed Pau Torres in the January window as Varanes new partner and am trying to get rid of Harry. Went on a crazy winning streak in January only loosing one league game. I won the league,league cup &FA cup. Got knocked outĀ  of the champions league at the semi final stage. not bad for season 1. Ive also been playing Donny regularly

On 07/11/2021 at 23:25, Sanityfm said:
On 07/11/2021 at 20:40, CKMK32 said:

Are United broken on this BETA?

Ive been playing the game since it was called championship manager and in my experience Manchester United have always been over powered. The FM version of united are way better than the real thing

**DISCLAIMER**
Forgot to turn the editor off - hasn't been used.

Ā 

Ā 

Manchester United - It would be Jude not too! (He's my main target)

It's been a while since I did a career with Utd.. FM21 was Hertha Berlin as I used to own a Sebastian Diesler top from back in the day and FM22 ended up being Dortmund from a random pick of 6 leagues.Ā 

Being a Utd fan since the early 90's, I wanted to bring a smile to my face while supporting this team.. it's been a while since that's happened on a regular basis.Ā 

Leagues loaded:

Ā 

Leagues.jpg

Ā 

I turned transfers off so January wasn't very busy either.Ā 

Sold: Martial - Spurs Ā£31.5mĀ 

Signed: Mbappe on a free to replace Cavani leaving for Juve in the summer.Ā 

Formation:

Ā 

formation.jpg

Ā 

TITLES

Ā 

titles.jpg

Ā 

SQUAD

Ā 

SQUAD.jpg

database.jpg

Edited by shades_of_war84

Juat finished the second season. Won the league and FA-Cup, knocked out in the semis of CL. Ronaldo was insane! Scored 50 league goals in 32 matches, 63 overall in 42šŸ¤Æ

Coming into the third season I am trying to incorporate as many homegrown players as possible. This is my squad at the moment. As you can see, I have not bought that many.

SWK-S: De Gea/HendersonĀ 

FB-A: AWB/LairdĀ 

BPD-S: Maguire/MilenkovicĀ 

BPD-C: Varane/Mengi

WB-S: Shaw/WilliamsĀ 

BWM-S: Kessie/McTominayĀ 

DLP-D: Bennacer/GardnerĀ 

IF-S: Sancho/DialloĀ 

AM-S: Bruno/Hannibal

IF-A: Rashford/ShoretireĀ 

P-A/AF-A: Ronaldo/GreenwoodĀ 

Ronaldo will probably retire after the season. I will then use Greenwood as the main striker and Elanga as backup.Ā 

I also have Alvaro Fernandez out on loan who looks really promising, as well as some newgens coming through the ranks.Ā 

I really recommend playing this way as it becomes a tiny bit more challenging and it is also quite fun to see so many reach their potential.Ā 

The only regret I have so far is selling Tuanzebe for 60m to Arsenal.

Ā 

Edited by Vizzini
Grammar and spelling

End of season 3 - won everything, even catch up Liverpool in PL. Satisfied with squad, no more new players, want to give a proper chance to youngsters. Halland is available on free, and Ronaldo decided to retire, but I will pass him too. One position is "critical" - GK- because DDG is 33 and Henderson is unlikely to improve to his standards. It seems that Donnarumma is the only one who can replace him but I don't wanna pay 300mil for him.

My list is as long as I'm playing with lower league club :lol:

Mengi is playing well in his loan at Sunderland. Problem is they were predicted 1st in League One(one of the reasons I accepted the loan move offer) but are currently in a relegation fight now in 21st. Question I have is should I recall in January if things don't improve and try for another loan move to a club that could be further up the league or even in another league.Ā 

Teden Mengi_ Profile-2.png

Teden Mengi_ Form.png

On 06/02/2022 at 22:39, Chapman7 said:

Mengi is playing well in his loan at Sunderland. Problem is they were predicted 1st in League One(one of the reasons I accepted the loan move offer) but are currently in a relegation fight now in 21st. Question I have is should I recall in January if things don't improve and try for another loan move to a club that could be further up the league or even in another league.Ā 

Teden Mengi_ Profile-2.png

Teden Mengi_ Form.png

(bit late, sorry) Why recall him when he's doing a good job? The aim for sending young players out on loan is give them first team playing time so they can develop. Doesn't really matter if he gets his playing time while playing for a top team or a relegation candidate in the league, as long as he gets his playing time at a playing level suited to him.

That's my take on it, others might disagree.

On 06/02/2022 at 16:39, Chapman7 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, duvels said:

(bit late, sorry) Why recall him when he's doing a good job? The aim for sending young players out on loan is give them first team playing time so they can develop. Doesn't really matter if he gets his playing time while playing for a top team or a relegation candidate in the league, as long as he gets his playing time at a playing level suited to him.

I'm also of the mind if the player is developing well, leave him where he is.Ā 

Ā 

I also think of loaning players as "helping out" other clubs.Ā  I look to loan players to clubs that I want to see succeed to make the save more enjoyable for me.Ā  I'd be more inclined to leave him at Sunderland beacuse I'd want them to stay up.Ā  I actively look to loan players to Sunderland as I'd like to see them promoted.Ā  I do the same with loaning to other EPL or top flight clubs.Ā  I'll even loan players to rivals (both club rivals and clubs or managers I personally dislike) to keep them in the EPL or in hopes they get promoted to make the game more interesting for me.Ā  For ex I will look to loan to Leeds becaue I WANT that Roses derby!Ā Ā 

I'll be starting a Manchester United save once the Winter update is out, I've run out of steam with my current Glory Hunter save about 10 seasons in, don't know if it's the current ME or what but seeing tons of high-scoring games (AI too, not just me), regular AI 7-0, 8-0 wins, I won twice consecutively 7-3 away at Manchester City with my Newcastle United team in the EPL and FA Cup and that sort of stuff ruins immersion for me. Hoping the new patch will be tweaked and I can settle into a save with the club I support.

One thing I'll probably do is use the editor to move Ralf Rangnick upstairs before I start so I can work with him.

Edited by stevemc

On 10/02/2022 at 08:46, duvels said:

Ā 

On 10/02/2022 at 10:12, DominicForza said:

Ā 

I'm also of the mind if the player is developing well, leave him where he is.Ā 

Ā 

I also think of loaning players as "helping out" other clubs.Ā  I look to loan players to clubs that I want to see succeed to make the save more enjoyable for me.Ā  I'd be more inclined to leave him at Sunderland beacuse I'd want them to stay up.Ā  I actively look to loan players to Sunderland as I'd like to see them promoted.Ā  I do the same with loaning to other EPL or top flight clubs.Ā  I'll even loan players to rivals (both club rivals and clubs or managers I personally dislike) to keep them in the EPL or in hopes they get promoted to make the game more interesting for me.Ā  For ex I will look to loan to Leeds becaue I WANT that Roses derby!Ā Ā 

Wasn't so much thinking was something needed to do but coaches had started to suggest so and then media were questioning if hes out grown Sunderland so wondered if anyone had felt would be beneficial to recall or not. Think they only struggling as only playing an 17 & 19 CB pairing which Tengi is thriving in but other player isn't playing to well from what I have seen on his ratingsĀ 

17 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I would remove him personally.Ā 

I wanted to start a new save prior official release but with him still in game until said release is out couldnt bring my self to play it. So had to download a unofficial one which ive only done 1/2 times in the 15 years ive played šŸ˜‚ and wasnt always a fan of some peoples versions as would adjust certain players back then but luckily doesnt look like its the case this timeĀ 

Ā 

On 14/02/2022 at 15:32, Matty89 said:

Starting a private United save and im in a dilemma of what to do with greenwood after the recent newsĀ 

Ā 

On 14/02/2022 at 16:53, Cunego said:

Play him, probably not able to use him after new patch (or ever again)

Ā 

19 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I would remove him personally.Ā 

Ā 

16 hours ago, Katsuo10 said:

I started a save without greenwood, you can find a data update without him on FMscout

Besides with all the loans, not easy to start a save without making a single transfer.

Ā 

I wanted to start a new save prior official release but with him still in game until said release is out couldnt bring my self to play it. So had to download a unofficial one which ive only done 1/2 times in the 15 years ive played šŸ˜‚ and wasnt always a fan of some peoples versions as would adjust certain players back then but luckily doesnt look like its the case this timeĀ 

Ā 

If you are starting a new game and DONT want him in it you can use the Pre-game editor to give him a ban.Ā  You can set the ban for whatever duration you want.Ā  Ā  If you also have the in-game save editor you could then have the option of REMOVING the ban if you wanted to (either for IRL developments or just because it's YOUR game and you can play it anyway YOU want).

Ā 

As for upcoming db update - IF he's removed from it and you WANT to add him, it doesn't take long to manually create a player in Pre-Game Editor.Ā  Ā Pretty much every year I add managers who haven't official retiredĀ  (or have but I just want them in the game) but have been omitted from DB (Wenger, Heynckes, Guidolin, Van Gaal, Prandelli and others in recent years) or for one last hurrah with a recently retired player (ex Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic).Ā  I just got back to most recent in game version of them and manually input it in current db.Ā  Takes about 5 minutes (unless you want to input all their career history).Ā 

Wanted to share custom kits I've been using in current save.Ā 

They were made by DCarozzi87 at sortitousi.Ā  He gave permission to share this with others but did ask that I give him credit for his work.Ā  I dont think this violates the SI forums guideline/rules about "advertising," if it does please remove

Ā 

manutd_1.png.6fc604620cd5aa5a1280b19b73e2f3be.png

Ā 

manutd_1b.png.cd0dec32210c5720c0053abc8ad5e76c.png1231626146_manutd2022blackandblack.png.49b5f87419ecef3fc79b076425373df2.pngmanutd_3.png.ac2603d8f494373a88aa478f12347e5e.pngmanutd_2.png.53b3de9eddcf4d38ccdd8699b426eb7b.png858579899_manutd2022greenyellow.png.b93e51a87cc3e8c97200de6db6277ce4.png2130699807_manutd2122plain2.png.a0e1231d984cb64b7564fb9ec8040a5a.png719806624_manutd2122plain3.png.ed168deee4b70d5803af5e02d0abb67f.png