FM22: Manchester United: Never ending transition

sedge11

could not refuse this free transfer for next season, I had him whilst managing PSG was unreal. seems to be natural replacement for Cavani who has been unreal.image.png.d28519260ca96ebb7188c6696f4dd0f3.png

just had this fantastic result in the manchester derby despite being down to 10 men for large part of game.

image.png.1d02fc834a624ea5ae2afbbf20a06544.png

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, wwffan2 said:

I have finally sold fred for 18 million now look what he is worth, surely this cannot be right.

image.thumb.png.1a4e0ec1e3a3907a2490e721a07e6f1c.png

It's just what he is worth to them after just signing for them wont stay too high for long I doubt 

1 hour ago, Chapman7 said:

It's just what he is worth to them after just signing for them wont stay too high for long I doubt 

There's no logic in that amount though, imagine having a valuation of that? he'd never reach that ever :D

13 minutes ago, BigV said:

There's no logic in that amount though, imagine having a valuation of that? he'd never reach that ever :D

Think that begs the question of the club and well it is Arsenal afterall who signed Willian from Chelsea to only release him a season later :lol:

3 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

How much do people pay attention to the grade of scouting reports, before going on to get a full report that is

Has anyone had problems with certain players fitness or just me :lol:

From the demo, the grading seems quite decent compared to last year. Almost lies within the stars so its a pretty decent indicator. However I do think it's almost useless for youngsters unless they're already first team intergrated or have hype around- your bellinghams, your almedia's etc. 

Finally got 1st season completed and ended with the league (won on last day) fa cup and extra time win in champ league final v Pool.

Going to focus alot on youth, academy minus ahem Mbappe I brought in for next season- only actual in was Keisse for 15m

Was largely helped due to Ronaldo ending the season with 60 goals!

Edited by pizzachips

2 hours ago, pizzachips said:

Finally got 1st season completed and ended with the league (won on last day) fa cup and extra time win in champ league final v Pool.

Going to focus alot on youth, academy minus ahem Mbappe I brought in for next season- only actual in was Keisse for 15m

Was largely helped due to Ronaldo ending the season with 60 goals!

I honestly can't turn down the opportunity to sign Mbappe on a free, I'll definitely be going for him :D

What happened with Kessie? He's another player I want, but you can get him on a free can't you?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

2 hours ago, pele10 said:

How long does Ronaldo last?  I was going to replace him for season 3 but he's started great

season 1 34 games 42 goals

season 2 36 games 39 goals

season 3  11 games 21 goals

Yea I’m still using him in the 3rd season as well, still scoring loads. Will be his last season for me though.

14 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Yea I’m still using him in the 3rd season as well, still scoring loads. Will be his last season for me though.

He's refusing a new contract so it might be his last

Who caved in and went for Mbappe? I will be going for him, I don't care about his wages as I'm planning to offload De Gea, Maguire and Pogba :D

Also, anyone else prefer the overall attributes of Henderson over De Gea this year? De Gea has been hit hard this version, so I'll most likely be using Henderson as 1st choice. Oblak or Donnarumma would be my number 1 GK target, but I'll be going for Onana as his attributes are brilliant and basically as good as Unai Simon but much cheaper. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

2 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Who caved in and went for Mbappe? I will be going for him, I don't care about his wages as I'm planning to offload De Gea, Maguire and Pogba :D

Also, anyone else prefer the overall attributes of Henderson over De Gea this year? De Gea has been hit hard this version, so I'll most likely be using Henderson as 1st choice. Oblak or Donnarumma would be my number 1 GK target, but I'll be going for Onana as his attributes are brilliant and basically as good as Unai Simon but much cheaper. 

Henderson definitely has more well rounded attributes, and couple of De Gea’s are quite poor, but De Gea is still quality for me, 3 seasons in and he’s still 1st choice.

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Henderson definitely has more well rounded attributes, and couple of De Gea’s are quite poor, but De Gea is still quality for me, 3 seasons in and he’s still 1st choice.

I'll give them both a chance then, see who performs better. Whoever performs worse will be let go and Onana will be brought in regardless.

Can De Gea play as a sweeper keeper though? I like to play them, usually on support duty. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Could not wish for better start of new save :D

Now just to find the one to replace. Rice is to expensive, Barella maybe around 70mil, Kessie around 30 and Tonali up to 25mil wich sounds most reasonable. 

I just found Lucas Romero, he was a real beast couple FMs ago. 

fred 25mil.jpg

12 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'll give them both a chance then, see who performs better. Whoever performs worse will be let go and Onana will be brought in regardless.

Can De Gea play as a sweeper keeper though? I like to play them, usually on support duty. 

I have De Gea play as Sweeper- Attack and well comes in and out of form just like real life and has starting crying as Henderson is getting chances over him

1 hour ago, milan_manutd said:

Could not wish for better start of new save :D

Now just to find the one to replace. Rice is to expensive, Barella maybe around 70mil, Kessie around 30 and Tonali up to 25mil wich sounds most reasonable. 

I just found Lucas Romero, he was a real beast couple FMs ago. 

fred 25mil.jpg

Wish I had tried to sell him on save I made since full release along with Martial. Martial couldn't hit a barn door and on £200k or £250k a week is insane. Now both want to leave on loan but would rather sell as Fred doesn't suit my set up and Martial well what use is a striker who can't hit a barn door let alone score on his wages 

5 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

I have De Gea play as Sweeper- Attack and well comes in and out of form just like real life and has starting crying as Henderson is getting chances over him

I'll give De Gea a chance, but Henderson is my preferred choice in this version going by attributes. 

And now Tonali is not interested, Ugarte is not interested, :rolleyes:...

Kessie arrive for 25mil + 5mil after 50 league and 20 national appereance but he is 2months out. Now chacing Rovella or/and Ricci. 

Jones, Mata, not for fee but for big wages and Lingard because his contract running out next summer is on transfer list. Thinking to sell Pogba also and to bring in Sergej Milinković Savić.

2 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'll give De Gea a chance, but Henderson is my preferred choice in this version going by attributes. 

Henderson I think has been the more consistent of the two. I'll probably keep De Gea around for between 1-3 seasons until he either decides he wants a new challenge or unhappy at playing time to find a suitable deputy to Henderson to be the new No. 1 keeper as from what I remember we don't really have a keeper kicking about in the 18's or 23's that is likely going to be good enough to step up to first team 

2 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

And now Tonali is not interested, Ugarte is not interested, :rolleyes:...

Kessie arrive for 25mil + 5mil after 50 league and 20 national appereance but he is 2months out. Now chacing Rovella or/and Ricci. 

Jones, Mata, not for fee but for big wages and Lingard because his contract running out next summer is on transfer list. Thinking to sell Pogba also and to bring in Sergej Milinković Savić.

I need to think on what role I want to use beside Bruno in my possession tactic, as been using Pogba as Box to Box and has really disappointing as usual think has 1 goal and 1 assist and just reached January, which going by his attributes isn't good enough for a return of. 

1 hour ago, Chapman7 said:

Henderson I think has been the more consistent of the two. I'll probably keep De Gea around for between 1-3 seasons until he either decides he wants a new challenge or unhappy at playing time to find a suitable deputy to Henderson to be the new No. 1 keeper as from what I remember we don't really have a keeper kicking about in the 18's or 23's that is likely going to be good enough to step up to first team 

I'm going to most likely sell De Gea and bring in Onana as he's like an improved version of Henderson in the game.

Just as I take over at United and Ole is gone, so I don't have to feel bad about it :D

51 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'm going to most likely sell De Gea and bring in Onana as he's like an improved version of Henderson in the game.

Just as I take over at United and Ole is gone, so I don't have to feel bad about it :D

To me it's like signing another Henderson apart from a few attributes differ between them which is my reasoning for a youther player over someone to come straight in lol

2 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

To me it's like signing another Henderson apart from a few attributes differ between them which is my reasoning for a youther player over someone to come straight in lol

Yeah that's fair enough :) If we all made the same transfer decisions it would be boring I suppose, everyone is different :D

I will give both keepers a chance, but most likely will go in for Onana just because he looks like he would be good value for money as I don't think Ajax would be looking for much. If he's too pricey then yeah, I'll probably go down the same route as you. The only 2 keepers I would pay big money for is Oblak or Donnarumma.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

14 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

So you extended his contract then instead of letting him go on a free? 

No, I start new save and I'm still in pre season. First move, after selling Fred, need to be solve Pogba and Lingard situation. Neither is good enough to offer new contract and I think that Lingard even don't want a new contract. So sell them before they left on free. 

12 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

I need to think on what role I want to use beside Bruno in my possession tactic, as been using Pogba as Box to Box and has really disappointing as usual think has 1 goal and 1 assist and just reached January, which going by his attributes isn't good enough for a return of. 

SMS is good enough as B2B or as mezzala. I think that there is no problem to match him with Bruno.

So season 3 is over.

Lets start with the domestic cups, we lost to chelsea in the quarter final of the fa cup and they went and won it. We also lost to Arsenal in the carabao cup final, which was disappointing and meant we had lost our last 3 finals.

Now onto the league and champs league. Last season we won the league, beating Liverpool to the title by 1 goal, this season the rivalry continued as we were the top 2 in the league and faced each other in the champs league final, but who would come out on top.

So the league.

1126063949_season3league.thumb.png.c9a9318bff6b394266b5fe2810474470.png

94 points and we didn't win the league, not much I can say, how often on fm will you get that points total and not win the title. As you can see though Sancho was great and he won the player of the year.

So with Liverpool getting revenge on us by taking the title off of us, and our poor record in finals could we stop them doing a double and get our 1st champs league win.

128883120_champsleaguewins3.thumb.png.d69bb02cae06a208ea4bbcb31d43102a.png 

We did it, we win the champions league, it was such a tight game in which they were easily the better team, but captain Bruno came up with the winner in extra time. De Gea man of the match and will take alot of credit for saving us throughout the game. So in Ronaldo and Cavani's final game before they retire we win the big one and send them away as champions of europe.

Have to say, saves with the big teams can be very easy at times, but I'm loving this battle with liverpool, hopefully the battle continues overt next couple of seasons.

This was our run to the trophy.

1120832648_champsleagues3run.png.a41f6757a5762ee0972bc5d6b8ffe629.png

Not many clean sheets, but 3 vital ones at the of the run.

Here are the player stats for season 3.

1539505753_s3stats.thumb.png.9390ca63ab377e13cec9e751af585a0c.png2112589949_s3stats2.thumb.png.37fddc0adf8558461ddda484639beae7.png

Sancho our best player, had a great season and continues to get better. Ronaldo again with over 30 goals, in the 3 seasons he has scored 30, 34 and now 33, a great 3 seasons and he will be missed. Mason and Vlahovic took up the striker role, both doing very well, Vlahovic in particular as he was 2nd choice, just quietly having a great season.

Bruno having a poor season by his standards, though a champions league winning goal makes up for it, Donny and Neves picking up the slack though and both producing good numbers.

Again defensively we had loads of injuries which meant the backline changed a lot, but Mengi stayed fit and really cemented his starting place during the 2nd half of the season. Going forward he will keep his place as Baku is out for another 6 months.

Onwards to season 4, Ronaldo and Cavani are retiring. We want that league title back, but we will miss Ronaldo's goals.

I have 1 main target and that is Bellingham, I may also get a left back as though Shae and Telles both perform well, I'm sick of both getting injured all the time. I also have 2 regen's coming in which I will share in the next update, though Darren the winger from Sevilla I believe I shared before.

One thing I would like in the 4th season is a good start, in all 3 seasons we have been very slow starters.

Edited by sedge11

7 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

No, I start new save and I'm still in pre season. First move, after selling Fred, need to be solve Pogba and Lingard situation. Neither is good enough to offer new contract and I think that Lingard even don't want a new contract. So sell them before they left on free. 

I will be stuck with them because I disable the first window :D

@sedge11 Unlucky mate. As you said, 94 points and still not winning the title is crazy. Glad that you gained revenge in the CL though.

Been reading on these forums how easy the game is, but this is proof it's maybe not as easy as some people say. 97 points is a massive points haul from a AI controlled team imo. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@sedge11 Unlucky mate. As you said, 94 points and still not winning the title is crazy. Glad that you gained revenge in the CL though.

Been reading on these forums how easy the game is, but this is proof it's maybe not as easy as some people say. 97 points is a massive points haul from a AI controlled team imo. 

It probably is easy on some people’s saves, but I’m loving the battle and prefer it this way, makes the save more interesting.

17 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

So you're telling me the secret is  £1 p/w wage contribution.  Eureka!  

Valencia offering 7,5mil with me paying 8k£/w for 2 years but I set price to 7mil and try with 1£ contribution. And it works. 

17 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

It probably is easy on some people’s saves, but I’m loving the battle and prefer it this way, makes the save more interesting.

Yeah it's good to have a challenge, makes you more determined to win it next time.

What tactics are you running with?

10 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah it's good to have a challenge, makes you more determined to win it next time.

What tactics are you running with?

Been using 4-3-3 throughout, occasionally used a more defensive 4-4-2/3-5-2 hybrid but haven’t used it in a while.

1 hour ago, pele10 said:

@sedge11I see your 94 points and raise you.

3rd season as well 

Untitled.jpg

Bloody hell, not much else you could done really, 97 points. Sometimes just got to hold your hands up and say fair play AI challenge accepted ha.

Nice 50 goals for Ronaldo as well.

Edited by sedge11

A fantastic first season at the helm. An unbeaten run in the Premier League saw us finish with 100 points. A famous night in St Petersburg saw us outclass Liverpool to win the Champions League, having already claimed the Carabao Cup by beating Arsenal in extra time.

City turned us over in the FA Cup Final after Luke Shaw was sent off just 30 minutes into the game. 

Cristiano Ronaldo finished as top scorer but waned towards the second half of the season. He dropped off so much in fact, that replacing him in the starting XI with Mason Greenwood was the masterstroke that saw me through a wobble in form. 

Outstanding performers: Mason (27 goals, 8 assists), Bruno (13 goals, 24 assists), Ronaldo (33 goals, 6 assists), Varane (7.36 average rating, 5 big goals from corners and free kicks). 

2022/2023 will be much tougher. City look to have locked up Haaland, while Liverpool are already active in the market too. 

Pogba, Lingard, Cavani and Mata will all be leaving on frees. Bailly is being sold and a couple might join him in the departure lounge.

Targets for the summer: A new striker (possibly Vlahovic) to complement Greenwood and Ronaldo. Targetting a DM (DLP) and hoping to see if there's anyone slightly better than Weigl about. A right-back with more attacking qualities than AWB would also be ideal but isn't a priority at this point. Shaw and Telles have performed well so I've no problem seeing how they get on for another season. 

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 10.00.55.png

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 10.01.03.png

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 10.02.13.png

12 minutes ago, iloveoov said:

Forgive my newbieness, what is everyone doing for staff? Board says we have too many scouts, do I just mutually terminate their contracts? Should I be recruiting stronger coaches?

I tend to put the scouts' attributes into an Excel spreadsheet (their name, their rating for judging player ability and their rating for judging player potential. I then sort by highest to lowest and those scouts with lower ratings (say 14/14) get terminated whilst those with higher ratings (say 18/18) get kept. I also remove anyone who has a significantly higher rating in one are than the other (say 18/12) as I want them to be fairly similar in both. The annoying thing is that after a couple of seasons you can ask for more scouts and some of the better ones I had to let go that I want to get back have either gone to another club and won't come back because I fired them or they haven't found another club and won't come back.

Then with the coaches you need to look at the training areas to see which categories you've got the lowest stars in. I think with the starting coaching team you can get 4* in most areas, sometimes by moving people around and using some of the weaker coaches to reduce the workload. Then if there's an area you can't get 4.5/5* from using your existing coaches then it's time to go searching. You can find the formulae you need to work out a coach's star rating. It's depends on their main coaching area/ability but it's a their specific area + another area (sometimes) multiplied by a number and then their motivation, discipline and determination scores added together and multiplied by 2 and added to the primary skill to get a final number. I think for 5* coaches you're looking for a score of 270 at a minimum.

Getting 4.5 across the board is pretty easy. I find getting 5* in fitness and GK areas quite easy but the other areas is quite tricky. I think it depends on having loaded enough countries and having a big enough database to then have a wider pool of coaches you can find who will a) offer 5* and b) sign for you. Juventus/Milan/Inter often have quite a few 4.5/5* staff but they a) don't want to leave their club or b) aren't a coach and don't want to become a coach.

https://theresonlyoneball.com/2020/01/04/5-star-coach-calculator-for-football-manager-2020/

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-coaching-staff-star-rating/

Edited by Marc Lister

16 hours ago, iloveoov said:

Thanks. Would you say the AI staff is competent enough if I delegate training and doing contract stuff to them?

No. The training especially needs to be done by you. The game will put staff who are poor in their best areas rather than use them to cover higher workload areas. Always best to get the training under your control so you can make sure you're getting as many stars across the board as you can whilst also making sure the workloads are as light as possible.

When it comes to contracts I look after first team player contracts and leave the reserves/U18s to the AI staff. All staff/coaches I control their contract renewals and not delegating that to the technical director.

So summer window for season 4 is quickly done. This is what we did.

1267651573_s4transfers.thumb.png.943ae2dbd5702dc160df886ec9f158b6.png

So the ins - Bellingham was my main target, chelsea and Liverpool both put bids in but he joined us. Left back was the next area, it was a tricky one, I had 1 bite at Hernandez and couldn't agree a contract as his demands were ridiculous, after a few weeks I went back in and got in, managed to get his demands down but still were more than I wanted to pay really.

Now I know you can see it :lol:, Martial is back. I needed a back up wide player, couldn't find one at a decent price, then saw Martial was transfer listed by PSG, so for 13 mil I thought why not.

Darren and Cruz are 2 regens, and I also have another joining in Jan.

The outs - Mctominay and Garner were nothing more than back ups and I just didn't see the need to keep them. Telles had done really well for me, but I wanted a new left back and Shaw is just a little bit better and younger than him.

These are screenshots of Darren, Cruz and Kashindi who is joining in Jan.

darrne.thumb.png.ec4d2753fe599a327f2d398220a539ef.pngcruz.thumb.png.d2bf4f48989715876baf3eb2d0ed6e4f.pngkashindi.thumb.png.ec764859af7842824d8e7a62244d62f1.png

Cruz looks the best of the bunch, and may find himself in the 1st team fairly quickly.

So 4 seasons this is my best 11 and squad.

325011960_best11andsquad.thumb.png.b25f33979fc04e0850f34c875d3ac044.png

I'm quite happy with my team, decent depth with a few regens coming through. Baku will be my 1st choice right back when he is back, he's still got 6 weeks out of his 8 month layoff, Mengi though has been excellent and is developing.

I may still need another striker or wide player to complete the team and to replace Ronaldo, but I want to see if I can develop Shoretire and Diallo before committing to a big signing.

Edited by sedge11

@sedge11 I would be worried about Darren's natural fitness. Cruz looks a great find though.

Diallo and Shoretire look like great prospects this year so I reckon you could get them to perform. Bellingham is my main target this year, I'll be moving for him earlier than you have though, £74m is a really good price.

Started my full save now. Not made any signings in first season but finished 2nd in league and runners up in Fa cup and UCL!!

Summer Window- have already decided my main targets, Rice and Soucek from West Ham to fix any misfield issues. Fofana from Leicester and Bellingham also long term targets but think they might have to wait til next summer. 

I’m hoping Greenwood can take over from Ronaldo, has anyone had him develop that well? Looks like Haalands going to city so I’m going to have to find a different striker. Anyone got any suggestions??

38 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@sedge11 I would be worried about Darren's natural fitness. Cruz looks a great find though.

Diallo and Shoretire look like great prospects this year so I reckon you could get them to perform. Bellingham is my main target this year, I'll be moving for him earlier than you have though, £74m is a really good price.

Natural fitness can improve through training and mentoring I believe. One or other or another way but does manage to improve and being 18 enough time to get it up to a decent number