dafuge's FM22 challenge

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.thumb.png.ec53d07d5d9d0d1d21645ab236906aed.png

I didnt do a post before. Not going to super detail my game in here but Im giving it a crack with Met Police. took awhile for us to find our footing with new tactics, but we were pretty unstoppable once we got going. Oxford City won the league with weeks to go and were the only team to beat us towards the end of the season. 

On 22/10/2021 at 08:21, dafuge said:

logoi.png.9c0e01d06b71256458ba1cad72554f4b.png

Dafuge Challenge FM22

Here is the club i have decided to be for this Year's challenge Lancaster City wish me luck as i try to take this to the top and bring it some glory.

1337064027_LancasterCity_.thumb.png.7a83059673ad0c04174d7ddd960de9b9.png

Here's my Manager profile 

860845803_DanielSommerville_Profile.thumb.png.91201dbeec7ec57cc0c00cef15e2bcca.png

On 29/10/2021 at 19:07, Gersdude123 said:

was thinking that myself just not sure to start or wait will probably just start it, what is the bug you have found in it 

just things like incorrect player or board unhappiness that have caused issues, and there'll be more as well that's bound to be fixed in the main game release

12 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

just things like incorrect player or board unhappiness that have caused issues, and there'll be more as well that's bound to be fixed in the main game release

Okay not came up against them yet just started to play my save as Lancaster City

FCUM.thumb.png.b22be6158f28cc7d68eaf1b06565e8e7.png

SEASON 3 REVIEW

Another great season for the club, we made some solid signings and clawed our way to a 3rd place finish in the league somehow. We have been very good in the transfer market for the first 3 seasons and have had almost every signing pay off in someway or another. 

Again though did pretty much nothing in all cup competitions but that sits fine with me at the moment. We now gear up for a League One Campaign with a transfer budget of 500K but will again find ourselves unable to pay big wages or attract the top end players of the league but i'm hoping my shrewd transfer market acumen will stand me in good stead

League Table: 

1402042322_SkyBetLeagueTwo_Stages.thumb.png.49a96421bb9c066e0bbd1816661ecc52.png 

Best player of the year for me was Nyal Bell, i actually signed him as a back up striker but he scored 5 goals in his second game and went on to top score for me this season with over 20 goals in all competition 1118910584_NyalBell_Profile.thumb.png.39fe75e2d294d030b105dc2cfbda496d.png

spacer.png

Mickleover F.C. 2022/23 Season Review

League Table    XG Table    Playoffs    Squad    Transfers    Finances

I guess some things just ain't meant to be. :rolleyes:

Can't complain about much besides the fierce competition. We play surprisingly well—especially in defense, something I normally take a long time to get right. Heck, we were 1st for a good 23 of the 46 rounds. Ultimately all I think we lack is that last bit of attacking quality, and no I don't just say that because we lost the league on goal difference, but maybe with a dozen more scored we would've been 1st and in the National League now. Just sayin'.

Naturally, we were immediately eliminated in the playoff semi final. It's okay, this only happened eight times last time around. I'm numb used to it.

Aim for next season: Spend everything on two forwards and hope for the best.

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2022/23   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff Semi Final

1 hour ago, Scab said:

spacer.png

Mickleover F.C. 2022/23 Season Review

League Table    XG Table    Playoffs    Squad    Transfers    Finances

I guess some things just ain't meant to be. :rolleyes:

Can't complain about much besides the fierce competition. We play surprisingly well—especially in defense, something I normally take a long time to get right. Heck, we were 1st for a good 23 of the 46 rounds. Ultimately all I think we lack is that last bit of attacking quality, and no I don't just say that because we lost the league on goal difference, but maybe with a dozen more scored we would've been 1st and in the National League now. Just sayin'.

Naturally, we were immediately eliminated in the playoff semi final. It's okay, this only happened eight times last time around. I'm numb used to it.

Aim for next season: Spend everything on two forwards and hope for the best.

That's rough mate, having such a good season only to fall at the last hurdle

On 31/10/2021 at 04:04, Gersdude123 said:

logoi.png.9c0e01d06b71256458ba1cad72554f4b.png

Dafuge Challenge FM22

Here is the club i have decided to be for this Year's challenge Lancaster City wish me luck as i try to take this to the top and bring it some glory.

Good luck with Lancaster! I tried to retain the original squad and ended up getting sacked/relegated by a few points.

A promising Centre Back left in first week for League 2 side and few older guys physicals fell off a cliff  :seagull:

Edited by Dan_987

image.png.2ed1e8b3232f5a3dff70a064d4595bd0.png

Season 2 over and we finish.... exactly the same points as last season.  Team was better, felt much stronger all season but again we fell apart during the last 1/4 of the season.  Really need to push on next season and get at least Playoffs unless I was to do a complete rebuild.

FCUM.thumb.png.5b3ac85e962788a26347a286591fb0c9.png

SEASON 4 REVIEW

Another great season for us as we lifted the Papa Johns Trophy as well as just scraping a 6th place finish to make the League One play-offs and we only went and bloody won it !!!!!!

This is my greatest start to the challenge ever over the last 5 or so years of attempting it. 

Here is the league table 

1012058529_SkyBetLeagueOne_Stages.thumb.png.438dcbb6cbc445e907ba6bad674e30e5.png

Our top goalscorer this year was Kian Harratt with a decent tally of 13 in the league and an overall tally of 18 :744037866_KianHarratt_Profile.thumb.png.171851d6ad54ccb49102a3eace555b05.png

We have started our championship campaign and let me tell you we are S T Ruggling. I am in for a long hard season i think with us having a wage budget less than most players in this league now .

KLFC_logoSM.png.f98af1aa5a8f58893cccb37595ec5793.png

Our season in VNL went well. We hit the 100 point mark thanks to an early season signing of Swedish AMRL,MR,AMC,SC Edwin Andersson after Chelsea released him.  The Board refused to allow me to sign any 2-year contracts, so he is a one-hit wonder for us as he signed with Swedish club Degerfors for next season, but he was brilliant while here and keyed our promotion.

image.png.2657090a140fbafc46577ff991d6267c.png

The other key two keys to our success were Zach Awe (who has already agreed to join us on loan again from Watford for next season.

image.png.8ea07dc7ca63fb93c996d8d05fe0967d.png

And Charlie Cooper, who easily broke the VNL assist record for the season.

image.png.078a4bc120563f7e2e5f0297f161b8ad.png

The Board's refusal to sign two year contracts also cost us Michael Forbes (moving to Crusaders next season), Elian Quesada-Thorn (moving to FC Ilves in Finland), Jordan McEneff (moving to Linfield) and Henry Jeffcott (who we were more or less forced to sell to Southend during the season).  We did manage to retain key GK Aaron Maguire (for now at least, the Championship clubs were trying to pry him away all season), DC Taylor Foran, DL Franklin Domi, DR Danny Imray, Cooper, MC Tim Iroegbunam (had 9 goals this season), SC Dylan Parker (our leading scorer with 21 goals, but we certainly have a lot of holes to fill moving to League 2. Still, we did turn Professional so that is bound to improve our lot in attracting players and our wage bill is low, because we have so few players under contract for next season. 

image.png.02f9d2d11e98e8d6724e2cde6e6fbe7c.png

Struggling for a beta save so I thought I'd get the challenge underway early. If I don't get sacked (or relegated), I'll play this alongside whatever save I end up with next week. So here's the new manager of South Shields:

image.thumb.png.8752999de200b0293fa8f230e6b28ae6.png

spacer.png

Mickleover F.C. 2023/24 Season Review

League Table    XG Table    Squad    Transfers In    Transfers Out    Finances

That's more like it! One point less than last season but this time it was enough. Extremely similar stats across the board, actually, despite numerous player changes, so hopefully I'm on to a nice and consistent system here.

A lot of the credit will have to go to Harker and Lloyd who were responsible for over 40 goals forward, not to mention Holmes who's thrived in the pocket between midfield and attack. I usually don't know what to do with older skillful players lacking athleticism, but he's been brilliant in this link-up role. Also retiring at the end of the season, so eh, I guess that's the end of that. I basically picked our system to fit him in, but with these results I'm hesitant to change much of anything! 

One candidate for slotting right into the same role might be Riley Hirschowitz, a young Fijian from this year's youth intake who's… actually pretty good? I'm not so sure he'll improve much at our lowly facilities, but he sure looks promising. I may need to actually invest some money into better coaching staff.

Speaking of money… Ehem. Things could be better? I've been given increased budgets so maybe cash injections are coming? …Please?

Aim for next season: Stay up. Renew contracts without going (more) bankrupt.

2023/24   Vanarama North      1st      League winners

Season 3: 2024/25

image.png.d313e0cf436460e79049109a8b822cda.png

image.png.ddf3711dfa62d20e70f1b4047f98f1ed.png

We did it! A really really good season.  Gateshead were far too strong and we never really got close to them, I think we'd have won any other season.  Play-off final we played just about as bad as we have all season, but who cares!  

Player of the season by far is Fabio Tavares: -

image.png.b87c5c4631458d9cce5840aff17190f7.png

I think even without changes we should be OK to survive in the conference, but I'm looking to strengthen our defence and maybe a GK replacement.

24 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

When is the date for when teams are decided?

I tried saving on May 31st and May 30th, and then holidaying until June 25th. On both saves, the same teams showed up. So it seems the date is before May 30th

I had a feeling someone might ask this as I had a similar issue.

I am saved currently at May 24th and holiday all the way through to June 25th each time. The teams will 100% be different then for you.

2 minutes ago, ShaunG95 said:

I had a feeling someone might ask this as I had a similar issue.

I am saved currently at May 24th and holiday all the way through to June 25th each time. The teams will 100% be different then for you.

Cool. Will try that. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

When is the date for when teams are decided?

I tried saving on May 31st and May 30th, and then holidaying until June 25th. On both saves, the same teams showed up. So it seems the date is before May 30th

The youth challenge states that may 29th is the right date.

Looking forward to starting this on Tuesday

I usually save my seed on May 25th, then you can click holiday till next month and end on Jun 25th (saves keystrokes).  Adds up after a couple thousand saves.  Oh, and @ShaunG95Check out the list on page one... I believe Radcliffe was the new team I added just an hour or so ago.

FCUM.thumb.png.70bdb71fca4deea102002e3a4dcbabf6.png

SEASON 5 Review

Another positive season as we finished the year strong after a slow start that saw us 21st at our lowest point. We ended up finishing 9th in the league. Nothing to talk about during the cups as we lost in the early rounds in both League and FA Cup. We have improved our training and youth facilities and are in the process of expanding our stadium to 6000 capacity due to finish next year.

876883616_SkyBetChampionship_Stages.thumb.png.420ad9bce4a484df1112a29d8bb911bc.png

Had lots of signings but only few played well, i see me letting around 40% go to strengthen our squad to try and push on from our 9th placed finish.

One good signing became our top goalscorer by the name of Reo Griffiths

1891081981_ReoGriffiths_Profile.thumb.png.5f6ecf554755cbbc80d72c451276f616.png

I have already started pre season for next year and we have seen lots of better players now keen on signing on with us so i hope we can attract them with wage budget availability in mind. 

VIVA LA FCUM !!!

As I haven’t had much luck with FM22 yet, I have spent the last four days playing as Newcastle to try and get to grips with the match engine and tactics.  I think I am there.  I know it will need tweaking  with the full release, but I am ready to go.

Tomorrow, I start.

Back to try and probably fail again. Usually get to Prem and then fail to break through there so gonna try to combine this with another long-term I usually do where I try to win some European league with only players of that nationality and help the NT grow. Done it in the past with Slovenia and N. Ireland, this time the plan is to try it with Wales by taking over Merthyr.

Squad starts in a good position to accomplish this goal with all but 1 player having Welsh first or second nationality.

All signings will need to have Welsh eligibility, though I think I will probably relax my usual condition to only have staff of that nationality as well since I made my manager American (it's only fair to the other staff I guess). Squad predicted 24th at time of taking job as usual.