dafuge's FM22 challenge

On 07/11/2021 at 17:51, Mr_Demus said:

When is the date for when teams are decided?

I tried saving on May 31st and May 30th, and then holidaying until June 25th. On both saves, the same teams showed up. So it seems the date is before May 30th

I thought I had the 31st working when testing it out, but I’ve changed it to the 29th to be safe. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

RiltsNh.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Been struggling to figure out who to manage this year, and needed an excuse to step away from Norway, so I thought I'd give this challenge a go.

Downloaded one of the saves here for convenience and found Hitchin which seemed like a good place to go.

Couldn't get the image URL to work, so uploaded the photo instead. Hope that's ok.

Profile FM22.JPG

I am going to try this challenge. My first thought was going for FC United of Manchester but there will be several people that will chose this club.

There is another club in my mind that would be a possibilty but that probably will be more difficult to chose as I have no idea how big the chance will be that Rushden will win promotion. So I will be running the game a few times and see what is going to happen and what teams will win promotion. Once I do have found the right club, I will start this challenge and  keeping you all updated.

Hopefully Rushden is lucky. If not I will have to chose another team.

Speak you all soon, I hope :)

Edited by Patrick69

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

We secured 115 points.  ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN!  Yet we didn't win the league title and were forced into the playoffs.  Thankfully, we won said playoffs and secured promotion to the fifth tier.  Lifting the F. A. Trophy was the icing on the cake.

Season Details

League Table - Ourselves and Chesterfield were so much better than everyone else, though they proved too strong to overhaul.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We went thirty seven leagues without defeat.  We came second in the league.  We couldn't do any more.

Promotion Playoffs - A comfortable victory over Chester in the semi final set up a clash with Chorley for a place in the National League.

F. A. Cup - We were knocked out in the first round proper, losing at home to National League side Notts County in front of a full house.

F. A. Trophy - We gained a little revenge on Chesterfield by beating them in the final and lifting our first trophy.

Pre Season Friendlies - A successful pre season where we only lost two of our ten matches.  We picked up some big scalps.

Squad - We are strong all over though there is always room to upgrade.

Squad Dynamics - Everyone loves everyone else.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I completely overhauled the squad and I signed a plethora of free transfers, who were supported by some quality loans.

Transfers Out - A few fringe players left, all on free transfers.

Youth Candidates - A poor intake with right back David Spillane YP23A1 looking like the best of a bad bunch.

Finances - We have a very healthy bank balance, largely down to our cup runs and good attendances.

Key Players

Callum Hulme - Versatile, though largely deployed on the right wing, he had a combined goals and assists tally of forty six.  Incredible.

D'Mani Mellor - The striker is simply a goal machine.

Conor Lawless - Central midfielder who dictated many games all year.

Finlay Armstrong - Young English left back who dominated on the left hand side.

Zac Williams - Teenage central defender signed on loan for the campaign from Crewe Alexandra and was an absolute rock.

Next Season

I think we should aim for the playoffs and perhaps, a second successive promotion.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Average ↑        Adequate ↑↑        Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      61        49        8         4         180             55                +125             80.33%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2022/23          61        49        8        4         180              55                +125               80.33%            332 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

1 x F. A. Trophy (2022/23)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        2nd       First Round                     N/a           Promoted via playoffs.  F. A. Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Hi everyone, long time follower of the challenge from other versions of the game, decided to create an account and give it an official go for the first time on this FM!

Thanks to G_D_K for the files. I am now officially Banbury's new manager.

Banbury54b3b0c04542a7ad.jpg

Banbury United 2022/23 - "The Puritans"

Manager Profile

1097937105_BanburyUnited_.thumb.png.b6272f5911feb6665d1ad6f39c629c57.png

Let's see how far we can go.

spacer.png

Mickleover F.C. 2024/25 Season Review

League Table    Title-Deciding Match    FA Trophy Final    Squad    Transfers    Finances

Hey, look! 99pts was enough to win the league this time! :D

Southend sure gave us a run for our money though; getting to the top of the table was a long grind. Ultimately a 12 game win streak starting around February let us make up ground, and the very final game of the season would fittingly be against—yes, you guessed it—Southend. They needed a win to overtake us and looked up for the task after an early penalty, but we're hard to break down and after another 83min of chasing, fighting, and scrapping for set pieces the scoreboard said 1-1. The trophy goes to Mickleover!

Speaking of set pieces, they've really been the key to this season's success. I play a very defensive 4-2-3-1 and the only reason this works is the staggering 46 goals scored from set pieces, 35 of them from corners. Add 12 penalty goals and a handful of long throws to that and, well, open play ain't exactly how we're getting things done.

As if the season needed to get any better we were also facing Notts County in the FA Trophy final. We're tied for most clean sheets in the league (22) so I knew it was going to be a tight affair, and, lo and behold, a single goal was all the 46 308 strong Wembley crowd was treated to. Fortunately that was for us, slotted home late by Harker from a driven cross from O'Rourke, and another trophy goes to Mickleover! In addition to the sporting success, the whooping £426 006 gate receipts means we're out of debt! Not a bad financial bump before turning professional.

Aim for next season: Get everyone on F/T contracts. Figure out training. Dare I say mid-table?

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2024/25   Vanarama National   1st      League winners, FA Trophy winners
2023/24   Vanarama North      1st      League winners
2022/23   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff Semi Final

South Shields F.C. - Wikipedia

1548354045_ManagerProfile.jpg.f65f43f53f42fb5074c2a4a830d4b9ba.jpg

Decided to take the plunge and give the challenge ago, went with the first run and South Shields was who i went with...

Just a quick question, when players are giving out about training with the following statement

"They are generally unhappy with the low level of training they are getting"

Is that just the quality (star ratings of the coaching) or the type of training i am assigning?

Started as Cray Wanderers, but came across an issue so have to restart as someone else - for some reason they didn't move back into their home ground on 30/6 as they were meant to, and instead relocated to Flamingo Park, in Miami (FL). Quite a long way to travel to play VNN games!

11 hours ago, columbouk said:

Started as Cray Wanderers, but came across an issue so have to restart as someone else - for some reason they didn't move back into their home ground on 30/6 as they were meant to, and instead relocated to Flamingo Park, in Miami (FL). Quite a long way to travel to play VNN games!

Can you confirm the Unique Id of the stadium as 108927 ?

Just had a gander in the Researcher DB and it seems there is 2 ground called Flamingo Park, One in Miami and another in Sidcup

14 hours ago, tremor said:

Anyone got any good logo pack suggestions... I've installed a couple of the normal ones but most of the lesser clubs still don't have their badges. Or does anyone know how to import a specific badge for a specific club?

The Metallic Pack on sortitoutsi is the one I have, seems to cover everything 

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

We were by far the best side in the league and comfortably secured the league title and promotion to the Football League.

Season Details

League Table - We dominated from the first game and won the league title with three games to spare.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were so consistent, winning game after game.

F. A. Cup - A good run that was ended at the third round stage as we were convincingly beaten at home by League One side Charlton Athletic.

F. A. Trophy - A great run and we nearly retained our trophy, but lost at Wembley to Notts County in the final.

Pre Season Friendlies - We lost four games as we struggled against the bigger clubs.

Squad - We have some quality, though more is needed to challenge again.

Squad Dynamics - It is still rather lovely, isn't it?

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I broke the clubs transfer record by spending £100,000 on a player, as well as bringing in a large number of free transfers and loan.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - A large number of departures, on nominal fees, free transfers and loans.

Youth Candidates - A decent enough intake with five players, including standout striker Ellis Harrington YP24B3, being offered professional terms.

Finances - Our bank balance remains healthy as our attendances continue to rise.

Key Players

D'Mani Mellor - It was another season full of goals for the striker.

Alex Pritchard - Veteran midfielder who only joined in December.  Slotted straight into the team and has been excellent for us.

Jacob Bedeau - Signed on a free transfer in the summer, the central defender was far too good for this level.

Oliver Green - Playing in either the holding role of in central midfield, the free transfer acquisition was superb.

Jake Leake - Young defender who signed on loan from Hull City for the year and was one of our best players.

Next Season

I feel we can achieve yet another promotion.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (1.75*) ↑   National A ↑         7 ↑   7 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑  14 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑

Club Facilities

2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Average ↑        Adequate ↑↑        Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Excellent ↑↑↑      Local = (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

2022/23      61        49        8         4         180             55                +125             80.33%
2023/24      58        47        6         5         143             57                +86              81.03% ↑

Overall Career Record

2022/23          61        49        8        4         180              55                +125               80.33%            332 days
2023/24         119        96       14        9         323             112                +211               80.67% ↑          701 days

Transfer Purchase Record

27 May 2023        Chris Lamb                Striker                York City                    England                       £100,000

Transfer Sale Record

6 June 2023       Riley Harbottle           Central Defence        Eastleigh                    England                           £525
 9 June 2023       Liam Waldock              Central Midfield       Bromley                      England                           £575
14 July 2023       Jack Bearne               Right Wing             Southend United              England                         £9,500
18 July 2023       Conor Lawless             Central Midfield       The New Saints               Wales                          £21,500

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    Vanarama National League

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League (2023/24)

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        2nd       First Round                     N/a           Promoted via playoffs.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A Trophy runners up.

Edited by DazRTaylor

15 hours ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Can you confirm the Unique Id of the stadium as 108927 ?

Just had a gander in the Researcher DB and it seems there is 2 ground called Flamingo Park, One in Miami and another in Sidcup

Yep, that's the one 

Harrowborough.png.5f19abdcfe68a3429ce9c0627e2852d4.png        

Crispypaul
Harrow Borough

National League South
2022/23

League - Table - we started off ok and gradually got better, were sitting comfortably top until February until 3 defeats in a row led to the gap with Boreham Wood narrowing.  It went all the way down to the wire, a 2-1 over Welling giving us the title and promotion.

FA Cup - Fixtures - a great run to the 3rd round where giants Aston Villa beat us 

FA Trophy - Fixtures - knocked out in the 3rd round at Woking

Finances - ok for this level

Transfers - usual massive turnover for this level

Squad

Key players:

Callum Ebanks - decent loanee from Swindon

Will Russ - really good ex Leicester striker, no intention of signing a new contract though sadly

Christian Saydee - excellent ex Bournemouth striker

Junior Robinson - solid young right back

Michael Kightly - the veteran winger still had it in him until injuring himself and missing the last couple of months

Ben Tricker - good solid centre half, on a rolling contract which he won't renew

Future - the board decided to build a new stadium so we're off to Leyton for a couple of seasons.  It has made our financial situation insecure already..

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2022/23     	VNS     	  1st         3rd round		-			-		League winners, promoted

On 11/11/2021 at 02:10, Cloudbreaker said:

Hi everyone, long time follower of the challenge from other versions of the game, decided to create an account and give it an official go for the first time on this FM!

Thanks to G_D_K for the files. I am now officially Banbury's new manager.

Banbury54b3b0c04542a7ad.jpg

Banbury United 2022/23 - "The Puritans"

Manager Profile

1097937105_BanburyUnited_.thumb.png.b6272f5911feb6665d1ad6f39c629c57.png

Let's see how far we can go.

Don't suppose you still have the save for Banbury? I must have reloaded 300 times with no success and I've ended up taking over at Matlock. 

Just now, theleebarnes said:

Don't suppose you still have the save for Banbury? I must have reloaded 300 times with no success and I've ended up taking over at Matlock. 

I might have a save where they are promoted, but I am totally not sure. Will check later

Whitby_town_fc_badge.png.1048c195b8e181f9e17b630242b4b0bd.png

Season 2022-23 Review

Season Expectations - Fight Bravely Against Relegation

Season Outcome - Finished 16th - 56pts

We started the season brightly, and finished poorly.

Much to my surprise I found I had inherited an OK squad, with probably only the Left Back area lacking cover. Money as always in the first season was tight, but I came across a couple of cracking Defenders in Sraha and Debrah - who both contributed well to my excellent start. 

I really struggled to find any decent loanees and the signing of Monks on Loan from Wigan was probably a desperation signing, and turned out to be the worst performing signing of the season.

Capture.thumb.JPG.49aab820b0608daa4dda7bd777dddd70.JPG

I set off the season with a Custom 4-3-2-1 DM Tactic - very possession based, but with a higher defensive line and with a (mostly) positive mentality. Not ideal for lower league teams in theory, but it did very well in the first months, particularly against the higher placed teams in the league. It wasn't so successful against the teams below me.

Eventually the results dried up and I found myself constantly tinkering with instructions in an attempt to replicate my early season form. I managed to get 36pts on the board by the end of December - but only scraped 4 pts from March onwards. So I'm approaching next season with the feeling we may be in for a long hard season.

From a development side I attained the National C License and just started the B course as the season ended.

Youth Intake was poor with just  a Couple of 4* PA's to show, and a refusal from the board to increase any aspect of the Youth side, I'll look at getting this kicked off next season.

image.thumb.png.52e9861717149d787ed5c5cc7c3ecf97.png

Edited by TheMadMonk

KLFC_logoSM.png.3eb8e79ad2a0c4f279f2ada6574cdfd4.png

2024-25  3rd Season - 1st season League 2

Now that we are a Professional club I have more control over contracts and can avoid the fiasco of losing 3 of our best 4 players on free transfer because I couldn't offer at least two-year contracts. It was another busy off season as we had to bring in many players. Once the players are bedded in to the club and into the tactics, I am optimistic we can be a solid club, but there are definitely early season struggles ahead before we the squad gets comfortable.

In: 

Kyle Hudlin- SC 30K (Solihull Moors)
Scott Moloney GK 12.5K (Barrow)
Armstrong Oko-Flex MR/AMR/SC Free Transfer (released by West Ham)
Aiden Mesias MC Free Transfer (released by Morecambe)
Callum Gribbin MRL Free Transfer (released by Cambridge)
Ayo Tanimowo DR 5K (from Chester)
Victor Sodeinde 64K (from Gloucester City)
Modou Faal Free Transfer (Chelmsford City)
Ryan Sibson DLC Free Transfer (Liverpool)
Kamel Meguenni MR Free Transfer (Burnley)
Caden Collins MC Free Transfer (Liverpool)
Mason Leslie DL Free Transfer (Leicester)
Lee Farrell MC Free Transfer (Aston Villa)
Dele Lawrence DC Free Transfer (Manchester United)
Cameron Jessup DR Free Transfer
Isiah Cornet MC Loaned from Middlesbrough for season

Out:

Jordan McEneff (free transfer to Linfield)
Michael Forbes (free transfer to Crusaders)
Edwin Andersson (free transfer to Degerfors IF)
Elian Quesada-Thorn (free transfer to FC Ives)
Marcus Ifil (free transfer Accrington Stanley)

Season 1 - Vanarama North - 20th

image.png.7dc6a07eccd2e3570716a136f4433cac.png

Well that was mostly miserable. I thought I'd have a decent pool of Welsh players to pull from, but almost all refused to even negotiate. We had a very weak squad and my assistant wouldn't stop suggesting English players that are better than what we have; I guess he didn't get the club vision that we are only signing Welsh players. We won 1 of our first 8, but eventually pulled ourselves out of the drop zone after a run where we played a lot of bottom half teams. We finished the year with 6 losses in a row, but thankfully had enough points to survive regardless. Pretty much everyone will be leaving this summer; I'm only keeping my top player (CB), my GK, a CM, and a RB along with the youth players who came in at the end of the year and also played terribly even though they are basically as good as my other players in terms of attributes. I'm hoping that as Swansea and Cardiff start releasing U18/U23 players I'll have better players to choose from but this may be a short save.

League Table -

Season Stats -

Transfer History -

106580c3ac74b7106a7aa8.png

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2023/24

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2024

Key Players: Jaden Williams ~ Jake Forster-Caskey ~ Junior Mondal ~ Kit Elliott ~ Andy Smith

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

LEAGUE TABLE

Vanarama-National-League-North_-Stages89

Results: National League North I ~ National League North II ~ FA Cup ~ FA Trophy

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2024/25

Manager Profile: Crowy 2025

Key Players: Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain ~ Jaden Williams ~ Kyle Semple ~ Ryan De Havilland ~ Andy Smith

LEAGUE TABLE

Vanarama-National-League_-Stages7fa21cbf

Results: National League I ~ National League II ~ FA Cup ~ FA Trophy

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2025/26

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2026

Key Players: Adam Pugh ~ Andy Smith ~ Isaac Fletcher ~ Jaden Williams ~ James Norris 

LEAGUE TABLE

Vanarama-National-League_-Stages342c77ae

Results: National League I ~ National League II ~ FA Cup ~ FA Trophy

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2026/27

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2027

Key Players: Aden Baldwin ~ Andy Smith ~ Isaac Fletcher ~ James Norris ~ Jay Stansfield

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-League-Two_-Stages2a3a1d2623ffbf

Results: League Two I ~ League Two II ~ FA Cup ~ Carabao Cup

Apologies for the cramped four season update but I've been stuck in bed for a week or two and prefer to do my updates when I have more than one monitor. I'm really enjoying this save, restrictions I've set myself to only signing UK & Irish players have made this difficult due to most of their wage demands. So I'm going to have to be patient with this squad and hopefully, slowly but surely some better players will join us over the next two or three seasons. For next season the board have doubled my wage budget due to a good FA Cup run and a 250K bonus for competing in the FA Cup which has helped us massively, now I have the wages to spend there are just not any quality worth getting at the moment which is rather frustrating.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

579450055_CareerProgress.thumb.png.7cf28fdbf33b1bedc1fe34d8471bad23.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1023540089_CareerStats.png.0a710fd1c5cf4a4704cf81d57f1138af.png

spacer.png

Mickleover F.C. 2025/26 Season Review

League Table    XG Table    Squad    Transfers In    Transfers Out    Finances

In a strange repeat of last year's Vanarama National, Southend and us—the two newly promoted teams—fought it out at the top for most of the season. I thought I'd finally lost out when they took a sizable points lead going into 2026, but their form dropped massively in March-April and come the final round we had everything to play for, a situation that now included Swindon who'd shot up the table late. Unfortunately we blew it by giving away a last-minute penalty while Southend and Swindon both got their jobs done, meaning that—to no amusement among either Southend or Mickleover fans, I'm sure—the title goes to The Robins!

In player news, Will Lankshear had his big breakout season, keeping Harker on the bench and earning himself the League Two Top Goalscorer award! Not bad considering he apparently still has potential to improve. Speaking of potential, Hirschowitz is steadily improving and is now basically getting playtime as often as his fitness allows. Also saw our first decently big transfer out with Ben Nelson heading off to Bolton for an (eventual) £425K. Between that and the solidarity payment scheme the finances are looking surprisingly healthy. Nonetheless, it seems the chairman may have had enough, so fingers crossed whoever comes in next isn't looking for major change. At least not in the management department...

Aim for next season: I keep thinking we'll barely manage and we keep doing really well. Top half?

Season    League               Finish   Notes
2025/26   Sky Bet League Two   3rd      Promoted
2024/25   Vanarama National    1st      League winners, FA Trophy winners
2023/24   Vanarama North       1st      League winners
2022/23   Vanarama North       2nd      Lost in Playoff Semi Final

Did anyone had Rusden & Diamonds in the reloads ? Desperately looking for them. Tried 200 times now, had almost every team with reputation 1750 and higher but never lower. I'm even trying to do a holiday for 2 seasons. I have got Hayes &Yeading now for the first time but..never Rushden.

Hey guys, I’m doing this save for the first time! Got a fair amount of LLM experience but do people think FC United are too easy? Got predicted finances of in the green and going up to 700k after 3 years! 

Also considering Chesham who have worse finances but seems more a challenge (not sure they’ve ever got into VNN/VNS before

Edited by lampard80

Haringey are up. Pretty easy in the end, honestly didn't think we were that good in the league (certainly not 100 point good), and the xG kinda reflects that. We seemed to be even-ish in most games but had the best firepower. Went with a 4-3-3 narrow for most of the season as my two best wingers were stolen from me early on in the league while we seemed to have good strikers available. Other news, we are renting Leyton Orient's ground now and Kingstonian came up with us from the playoffs.

Edited by yellowforever

spacer.png

Morpeth Town - Part 1 - Early Years

Morpeth have had a great past couple of years, earning promotions in 2013, 2018 and 2019 to reach the Northern Premier. Surprised how high the reputation is considering they've effectively come out of nowhere to become 1 step below FM. I'm excited to finally have a Northumberland team to play this as (other than Blyth, which is pretty much Tyne and Wear anyway).

My previous attempts are Kettering (FM13ish, didn't even make it through a season), Blyth (FM18, got to League 2 before finding out a bug in the game meant I could never have a youth team) and South Shields (FM20, succeeded).

Season 1 - 2022/23 - National League North - 3rd - Promoted via playoffs

Table - Best XI

My first pre-season as manager was overall a success. It's all one year deals and free transfers at this level anyway, so aside from keeping a few key players I overhauled the squad entirely to assemble a squad which was predicted for upper-mid-table. We finished with a 100% record, admittedly against much weaker teams other than Rochdale.

Game 1 proper began alright, at home to one of the stronger sides in the league Gloucester City we went into half-time at 1-1. However, within a minute of kicking off after the break, Liam Noble was sent off, and we eventually fell to a 2-1 defeat. We only had to wait 3 days to get our first win though, as late strikes from Lewis Warrington and Sam McClellan saw us come from behind at Tamworth.

The season progressed pretty steadily, we stayed in and around the playoff positions for most of the year before ending the season unbeaten in 12, a run that elevated us to 3rd and crucially got us a bye to the playoff semis. We were drawn at home to Chester, the only team to do the double over us, the team we conceded the most goals to, the only team to beat us by more than 1 at home (2-1 and 3-1 losses). Disaster. But, the transfer window had re-opened, and in came striker Rob Harker. He had a storming game and bagged himself a goal in a 3-0 win, setting up a final against the team we lost to on the opening day.

To be honest, I thought we didn't stand a chance, Gloucester had 100 points and by far the best GD in the division and had missed out on the title by 1 point. We went down there and were behind inside 7 minutes. But then Liam Noble redeemed himself for the opening day red card, whipping in the perfect corner which was nodded in by Jeff Henderson. A stoppage time own goal meant we went into half time in front, somehow. We grew into the game more in the second half, but it wasn't until Matthew O'Neill's 78th minute goal that it really felt like we were up. Final score 3-1.

Despite the great final run, the team never really clicked in the way it did in the following seasons, and we were somewhat lucky to gain promotion at the first attempt. 3 players were tied for top scorer on 12, someway short of Gateshead's Martell Taylor-Crossdale's 41, who finished top scorer. It was largely a season of great defensive performances from centre back Lucas Gamblin, who helped us become the 2nd best defence in the league.

Financially we were OK, as every time we went into the red chairman Ken Beattie would invest some extra cash.

Effort in the cups has so far been minimal in this save, though we did alright reaching the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, only to lose to Grimsby.

Season 2 - 2023/24 - National League - 1st - Promoted

Table - Best XI

Promotion to the national league meant saying goodbye to Craik Park, which wasn't suitable for this level. We took up residency at Kingston Park in Newcastle, home of Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club, 10,000 capacity (this shouldn't be allowed since it is an artificial pitch, but the game incorrectly has it listed as grass...). We again made some good moves in the transfer market and braced ourselves for a relegation battle. After a mixed pre-season, we began very slowly, winless in the opening 7 (4 draws 3 losses).

The tide turned with a 3-0 win away at Chesterfield, kicking off a 6 game winning run that included putting 7 past Boreham Wood. Honestly we absolutely pissed this league, but the start made it interesting and almost had to go into the playoffs. The squad gelled incredibly and largely remains intact a few years on. We were again built on a solid defence with new signing Adam Long being the pick of the bunch, but this time we were also a threat going forwards. Rob Harker scored 25, missing out on league top scorer by 1.

The finances took a turn for the worse this season as the club was sold to McKenzie King, who no longer is clearing our debts. Despite this, he thought it wise to begin planning for a new stadium, with a smaller capacity than the one we were paying minimal rent for. An FA Cup 3rd round visit to Premier League Stoke offset this a little bit (saying Premier League is generous as they matched Derby's 1 win and 8 draw record season, though with 10 better GD).

Season 3 - 2024/25 - League 2 - 3rd - Promoted

Table - Best XI

This season was set up to be a struggle due to the large debt we'd accrued. I managed to get a few signings in before the 1st of July, when the promotion wage rises kicked in and wiped away my pretty meagre budget and then some. I was just about able to get all my first team players onto full-time contracts without having to cut anyone important, and my DoF handled all the staff. Luckily, the team was more than equipped to handle this league. With everyone fit, we were comfortably the best team in the league, but due to lack of budget out depth was atrocious and we really struggled during stretches of having 2 games a week, so ultimately settled for 3rd place. Automatic promotion, though we could've really done with a trip to Wembley and the ticket money that brings.

In the FA Cup, we were knocked out immediately by League 1 side Wycombe.

Debt continued to be an issue, and so naturally it was announced at the end of the season that we were taking out a £5m loan to begin building the new stadium, meaning the following season would be our last at Kingston Park.

Season 4 - 2025/26 - League 1 - 16th

Table - Best XI

Despite the debt, I was given a little bit of extra wage budget to bulk up the squad, though our new signings were disappointing and the starting 11 remained largely the same, at least depth was less problematic. We struggled for wins but never got too close to the relegation places. We were OK going forwards but far too leaky at the back, finishing with the 4th worst defence (behind 2 relegated teams and, bizarrely, 1 promoted team).

The season was ultimately a bit of a slog, the only truly notable game being another Premier League team drawn in the cup - Brentford battered us 3-0 at home, but we got a huge 9502 crowd, more than doubling the previous record.

Rob Harker got 20 goals, this time 3 behind the league leader.

The Future

We moved into the Ken Beattie Stadium in June 2026. Financially, we are still in a poor situation, but are starting to show signs of recovery - the projection has us still in the red, but less so than the current balance (and financial projections in FM tend to be overly pessimistic in my experience). I was able to free enough budget to be able to scout all of England, where previously I had only been able to afford the package for our division - this will mean we are finally able to find good loan opportunities, an area I feel has held us back considerably. I've also made some key several to the team (with more to follow before the window shuts) which I'm a lot more confident in than last summers lot, though it does mark the end of the era at Kingston Park and of the squad that played in it.

5659 fans attended the opening game at our new home, where we came back to win 2-1 against promotion favourites Preston, and Rob Harker scored the winner.

Rob Harker - Adam Long - Lewis Warrington

12 hours ago, lampard80 said:

Hey guys, I’m doing this save for the first time! Got a fair amount of LLM experience but do people think FC United are too easy? Got predicted finances of in the green and going up to 700k after 3 years! 

I've found clubs like FC United, South Shields etc. wouldn't say too easy.. I still struggle, but definitely easier in the first few seasons than a team only getting a few hundred to home games.

When managing teams only getting say 100-300, found myself intensely watching Cup draws and hoping to break even. Where with my FC United save would have a few $M in the bank and be in position to upgrade facilities and fill my staffing level quota's.

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Another season of triumph as our climb up the leagues continues.  An away win at Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup topped off the season.

Season Details

League Table - We dominated from start to finish and secured promotion with six games remaining.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We only lost once before the New Year so our promotion challenge was never in doubt.

F. A. Cup - A decent enough run that was ended at the third round stage as we narrowly lost away to Premier League side Fulham.

Carabao Cup - An excellent run as we made it through to the fourth round before being well beaten by top flight Southampton.  The win away to Newcastle in the previous round is the highlight of the save so far.

Papa John's Trophy - I fielded reserve teams throughout the competition, which saw the club eliminated at the group stage as we finished third in our group.

Pre Season Friendlies - With just one defeat in our eleven games, it was an enjoyable pre season campaign.

Squad - We have a good first team, though I do require more depth.

Squad Dynamics - It is as lovely as always isn't it?

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I once again brought in a lot of free transfers and loans as well as breaking our transfer record a couple of times.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - A lot of loans departed as well as some players for transfer fees.

Youth Candidates - A good enough intake with left back Lewis Garner YP25C9 looking like a bright prospect.

Finances - This is not so good.  We are losing money and I can see my budgets being cut and players being sold.

Key Players

Liam Walsh - Experienced central midfielder who arrived on a free transfer from Swansea City and became one of our best players.

Paul Osew - Ghanaian left back who joined midway through the season and made an immediate impact.

Ellis Baldock - Teenage striker signed on loan from Arsenal and was sensational.  I would love to renew his loan but the finances are tight.

Carl Allsopp - Central defender signed on loan from Nottingham Forest who played exceptionally well.

Kris Moore - The other half of my dominant centre back partnership, the Leeds United loanee was equally as good as Carl Allsopp.

Next Season

Another promotion or am I being greedy?

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (1.75*) ↑   National A ↑         7 ↑   7 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑  14 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑
2024/25    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental B ↑↑    10 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  18 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Average ↑        Adequate ↑↑        Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Excellent ↑↑↑      Local    = (1.50*) ↑
2024/25    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Exceptional ↑      Regional ↑ (1.50*) =

Season Record

2023/24      58        47        6         5         143             57                 +86             81.03% ↑
2024/25      56        42        7         7         130             37                 +97             75.00% ↓

Overall Career Record

2023/24         119        96       14        9         323             112                +211               80.67% ↑          701 days
2024/25         175       138       21       16         453             149                +304               78.86% ↓        1,050 days

Transfer Purchase Record

27 May 2023        Chris Lamb                Striker                York City                    England                       £100,000
 1 January 2025    Jeffrey Esseboom          Goalkeeper             Cliftonville                 Northern Ireland              £150,000

Transfer Sale Record

6 June 2023       Riley Harbottle           Central Defence        Eastleigh                    England                           £525
 9 June 2023       Liam Waldock              Central Midfield       Bromley                      England                           £575
14 July 2023       Jack Bearne               Right Wing             Southend United              England                         £9,500
18 July 2023       Conor Lawless             Central Midfield       The New Saints               Wales                          £21,500
10 June 2024       Charlie Wellens           Attacking Midfield     Swindon Town                 England                        £50,000
 2 July 2024       Daniel Stacey             Central Midfield       Stoke City                   England                       £130,000

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    Vanarama National League
2024/25    Sky Bet League Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2024/25)
1 x Vanarama National League (2023/24)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round ↑                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A Trophy runners up.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round =               Fourth Round      Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy group stage.

Edited by DazRTaylor

1177935002_granthamlogo.jpg.6ad2d6abfc325f7799aaf4f94798ed80.jpg

Season 1: 22/23
Media prediction: 23rd  Finished: 9th

The Season    League Table

The first 4 months of the season was all or nothing when it comes to results, only drawing once along the way. Every win was followed by a loss or two, reaching a low early on in September where we went on to a 4 match losing streak. By late November, our form was starting to pick up, ending the year with a hattrick of victories. We carried straight on into the new year, bagging a respectable 8 out of 12 points to be collected. However, we were hit with a couple (I seem to remember 3) of postponements in mid-late January, causing the next 3 months to be quite congested. Our form started to falter, and indeed got quite abysmal. Between mid February and mid April, we only managed to record 1(!) very narrow win. Where we had found ourselves only points away from a playoff place in the beginning of the year, we had now dropped down to 10th place, quite a few more points away from any place allowing us to battle for promotion. Our schedule returning to a more humane rhythm of matches, we managed to recapture our form of before, managed to convincingly win our last three games of the season to finish 9th. We did not play a role at all in either cup competition we entered, being knocked out in both in the first round we entered.

Analysis

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed after this season. If we didn't have that huge slump from February to April, we would've made the play offs, I am sure of it. However, I can't blame the calendar, these things happen, and the cause is clear: my squad size was just too small. I need at least a handful of decent players more so I can rotate. My players were dragging themselves through the games, but I just had nobody to rotate with for many positions. Fatigue cost us big time, and I'm just thankful we didn't get hit by any big injuries because of it. All things considered though, I have to be satisfied by our performance compared to expectations at the start of the season.

Players

Rowan McDonald - I managed to snap this guy up on a free while we had already played our first two games of the season. Manchester City youth product, no idea how I got him to join us. Rated as a good player for Vanarama National and potential to be a good League Two player! It took him a month or two to adapt, but after that, there was no holding him back. Absolutely dominated with his passing, providing twice as many assists as the next best, and contributed with a further 6 goals. He lead the league in passes attempted, on 90% accuracy too boot, and was 3rd in the league in key passes with 175 delivered. By January, I realized I had to do everything in my power to keep this guy, as he only had a one year contract. I stretched way beyond what I should've, with tons of promises and bonusses, but managed to tie him up until 2025. However, he now wants to leave as I've broken some promises. I'll cooperate with a transfer to avoid complete destruction of my club atmosphere , but only if a damn good one comes in. I really hope nobody comes in with an offer, he ends up backing down and staying.

Dave Stephens - Rock at the back. Joined the club on a non-contract and recorded the highest average rating of any player at Grantham. 31 years old, almost slow enough to be nicknamed "The Immovable Object", but smart enough to compensate for his lack of speed to know exactly where to position himself. His agent is pushing for a part time contract, but given his age I am reluctant to offer one. The player seems to be happy with the current arrangement though!

Next Season

The club wants me to fight bravely against relegation again, but I've set my ambition higher. If I can manage to bring in enough decent players to be able to fully rotate my squad, and get some extra quality in on the fullbacks, I reckon we should be able to challenge for a play off spot.  Surprisingly, after I went a little (1k£ a week) over budget trying to keep important players tied to the club and our finances being not at all healthy, the board decided to give me quite a nice increase in wage budget, so I feel like there's definitely more possible. I'd also really like to get a round further in the cups. 

On 16/11/2021 at 06:12, Dan_987 said:

I've found clubs like FC United, South Shields etc. wouldn't say too easy.. I still struggle, but definitely easier in the first few seasons than a team only getting a few hundred to home games.

When managing teams only getting say 100-300, found myself intensely watching Cup draws and hoping to break even. Where with my FC United save would have a few $M in the bank and be in position to upgrade facilities and fill my staffing level quota's.

I'm in this situation in my save. Averaging at around 340 and hemorrhaging money despite having had the 3rd lowest wage spending. At this point I'm surprised we can keep the lights on tbh! It *seems* like this year compared to last year's FM, it's a bit easier to get some money from away friendlies against bigger clubs in pre-season, but I'll have to pay some more attention to that in my preparation for the next season. 

Whitby_town_fc_badge.png.77409c123bf79804692c8dc381d2d01e.png

Season 2023-24 Review

Season Expectations - Avoid Relegation Battle

Season Outcome - Finished 7th - 82pts
(Won Play Off)

Another fast start to the season - with mixed results mid season, but a rally in the last few months meant we got the last play-off place with a couple of games to spare.

We took up an affiliate with Hartlepool town, who supplied a couple of C rated loanees, but outside of those we couldn't attract much else in from the loan market. So we continued to scour round for decent Free Transfers. Everyone we take on seems loaded with potential ability, but limited in actual ability - its a real struggle to entice anyone to come to Whitby at the minute, hopefully the promotion will make us a better prospect.

In fact things were so desperate in the early months, I actual gave a contract to "Kian Monks" the loanee I moaned about being terrible last season. :idiot:

392094393_WhitbyTownFC_TransferHistory.thumb.png.c37897a9a619dace64cafb40fd9dc097.png

Tactics wise we again started off 4-3-3 DM Wide, short passing and low tempo as we did last year, with again decent results - the wheels began to fall off again around the end of the year, but this time we turned to a combination of 4-4-1-1 and 4-4-2 then reverted back to 4-3-3 DM Wide in the later months, albeit with slightly more expansive passing.

We finished 7th but, were never in any real danger of falling out of the play offs.

All 3 play off games were very tight affairs - winning the 1st game and the Semi Final both on penalties, and in the final coming back from 2-0 within the first 30 minutes to take the game to extra time and win it with our 3rd goal in the 120th minute !!

image.png.60276e56b899648a5c370b57f4085a33.png

The youth intake was abysmal, and still the board wont provide finance for Junior Coaching or Youth Facility improvements :(

I did however get another badge and ended the season studying for level A license. Next season will be a real challenge if we cant attract a better grade of player, better options in the loan market would be a start. We went out early in both cups and our finances are also in a bit of a state, even though I've been under wage budget all season and spent nothing in the transfer market.

Stats below - on a side note,+ you've got to wonder what "Jake Hackett" has to do to please the fans -Top Scorer,Most Assists, Most MOM ...... Player of the Year "Jason Sraha" :onmehead:

image.thumb.png.7b9cc9753327ad656930da0755980c44.png

First season with Matlock Town is drawing to a close, it has gone way better than I ever thought, 7 points clear at the top with 5 games to play (...does the game seem easier this year or have I somehow got good at it?! haha)

A lot of it has been down to an immense defensive unit, never been 10 games in a row without conceding before ... managed to get to the 82nd minute of the 10th game! Arrrghh

https://imgur.com/a/ta9MCed

defence run.png

Edited by theleebarnes

2 hours ago, theleebarnes said:

First season with Matlock Town is drawing to a close, it has gone way better than I ever thought, 7 points clear at the top with 5 games to play (...does the game seem easier this year or have I somehow got good at it?! haha)

A lot of it has been down to an immense defensive unit, never been 10 games in a row without conceding before ... managed to get to the 82nd minute of the 10th game! Arrrghh

https://imgur.com/a/ta9MCed

defence run.png

How are you set up...That is some impressive defensive solidity 

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2027/28

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2028

Key Players: Brandon Austin ~ James Norris ~ Jay Stansfield ~ Keston Charles ~ Andy Smith

Squad:  Overview ~ Match Stats

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-League-Two_-Stages9bb0139c2f6c65

Results: League Two I ~ League Two II | FA Cup | EFL Cup | EFL Trophy

Such a frustrating end to this season, we had a good solid season putting some good runs together throughout the campaign, but we lost the games in crucial moments as it was in our hand due to our games in hand. We just couldn't get those important matches over the line. However I felt confident going in to the play-offs as I thought our form against the "bigger" teams had been decent this season and a 4-1 win against Crewe away from home only gave me more belief. We somehow managed to throw it away at home though losing 5-1!?!?!?! We missed a penalty at 2-0 down and just knew it was going to be one of those days, still not sure how we lost that semi final and it will still sting for some time. We did well in the domestic cups too getting another good away draw against a "big" side in the FA Cup to help our finances and we did manage to get our hands on some silverware this season winning the EFL Trophy.

Off the field however things have changed as we have had a takeover late on in the season not much has changed finances wise however the new owners seem more willing to improve the facilities which I'm pleased with. They also agreed to sign two players for a combined fee of £500K+ which had me worried as our finances were just above that at the time, thankfully both players rejected us, not sure if those budgets come out of our finances or if I'd of been able to cancel the deals but they were worth no where near that much to us as a club.

One last thing that I'm sure people aren't too bothered about but I'm doing this save where I can only sign UK & Irish players and some may notice Brandon Austin is American, just wanted to point out he was English when we signed him. The fact he is the best goalkeeper in the league imo, it's going to sting when I have to sell him in the summer.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1882645569_CareerProgress.thumb.png.dc08f73a670f8780bb06377a21e7e86f.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1342671326_CareerStats.png.44a6836aa14cc4995d63b7b5ebf38b1b.png

Edited by Crowy