[FM21] Realistic Transfer Preferences v2.0 and *NEW* League Reputations - by Daveincid and majesticeternity *UPDATED 1/14/21*

15 minutes ago, Captain Krakatoa said:

what does this mean?

means that they can no longer just scout whoever whenever. That, for example, Uruguay no longer can just have knowledge of Japan. They are restricted to what they are in real life, mainly focusing on Latin American countries, Spain, Italy, Portugal and some others. They can still have that knowledge if they hire staff that know about Japan, but you won't just have every Uruguayan club wanting to snap up unknown Japanese players.

• majesticeternity changed the title to [FM21] Realistic Transfer Preferences and *NEW* League Reputations - by Daveincid and majesticeternity
15 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

Poland - Germany, Slovakia, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Czech. Optional - Spain, Serbia, Netherlands

Spain is a major market for Polish teams recently. I would also get rid of Russia and use Ukraine instead.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb estewu:

Spain is a major market for Polish teams recently. I would also get rid of Russia and use Ukraine instead.

I have just checked transfermarkt.de. I can't see the "major" market there. Either recently, nor in the past.  You can check it for yourself if you want:  https://www.transfermarkt.ch/pko-ekstraklasa/transferstroeme/wettbewerb/PL1/plus/0/galerie/0?saison_id=all&zuab=zu&wid=&s_w=&leihe=0&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

Cheers

Daveincid

6 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I have just checked transfermarkt.de. I can't see the "major" market there. Either recently, nor in the past.  You can check it for yourself if you want:  https://www.transfermarkt.ch/pko-ekstraklasa/transferstroeme/wettbewerb/PL1/plus/0/galerie/0?saison_id=all&zuab=zu&wid=&s_w=&leihe=0&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

Cheers

Daveincid

I would actually look here:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ekstraklasa/gastarbeiter/wettbewerb/PL1/saison_id/2019

Stats from last season. Most foreigners (24) are from Spain.

This season: 6 players signed from Spain so far, last season: 13 players signed from Spain.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb estewu:

I would actually look here:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ekstraklasa/gastarbeiter/wettbewerb/PL1/saison_id/2019

Stats from last season. Most foreigners (24) are from Spain.

This season: 6 players signed from Spain so far, last season: 13 players signed from Spain.

Agreed. The transfer-preferences-file is based on a longer period of data, to avoid short-trends affecting a longterm-save.  But this really seems to be something that is constant since Season 17/18. I will think about it if it's enough for a change and discuss it with @majesticeternity

Cheers

Daveincid

vor 58 Minuten schrieb estewu:

Wait...Maybe I missed the point. You are talking about the Guide which leagues to load, and not the transfer-preference-file itself?

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

Wait...Maybe I missed the point. You are talking about the Guide which leagues to load, and not the transfer-preference-file itself?

My bad, I missed that it's just a guide for league setup, not the actual transfer preference.

Not sure if it's possible @Daveincidbut what would make this mod even better is if players from nations outside top-10 leagues would more easily return to their "home" league or favourite team. It's quite common that say Turkish, Swedish or Polish players return home to reignite their career or to retire. 

Gerade eben schrieb freddieos:

Not sure if it's possible @Daveincidbut what would make this mod even better is if players from nations outside top-10 leagues would more easily return to their "home" league or favourite team. It's quite common that say Turkish, Swedish or Polish players return home to reignite their career or to retire. 

The mod includes this scenario already:)

4 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

The mod includes this scenario already:)

is that new for FM21? Because last years didn't as far as I could tell. All those players went to either Astana or Qarabag - no fail! :lol:

Edited by freddieos

vor 5 Minuten schrieb freddieos:

is that new for FM21? Because last years didn't as far as I could tell.

It was already the case in FM20. It's not a "easy" scenario which always happends. If a player still asking for too much money, they just won't end their career in their home-nation. But usually a Nation has it's highest preferences to player from their own country. In my saves in FM20, it was very often the case that Shaqiri and Xhaka moved to FC Basel at the end of their career. 

Might be because Basel can afford to pay what Shaqiri and Xhaka would be looking for at that stage in their careers. Does this mod include something which means that players are willing to accept lower terms from their favourite team? Or not possible to adjust these things?

Gerade eben schrieb freddieos:

Might be because Basel can afford to pay what Shaqiri and Xhaka would be looking for at that stage in their careers. Does this mod include something which means that players are willing to accept lower terms from their favourite team? Or not possible to adjust these things?

Exactly. But I don't think that for example Gareth Bale will end his career in Wales, or Sadio Manè in Senegal. 

No this mod doesn't include this and it is nothing that would increase realism, more the opposite.  So no plans in this area from my side.

Hi @majesticeternity

First of all; love your work!

I have simulated a big database with 50 countries and 22 countries playable including Netherlands.

But there seems to be something wrong.

Dutch teams ONLY sign Dutch players OR players who are already playing in the Netherlands.

Can you please take a look at it, cause i really would like to start a long save game with FC Utrecht. Last year i discovered the same problems bytheway

Thanks! :D

screenfm21.png

screenfm21_2.png

Hiya there. Great stuff all round, not just in this file :applause:

A minor suggestion, if I may. It's lovely to see Malta being tweaked in such a file - but I'm not sure why you've specifically listed Cyprus as the most important nation because the volume of transfer movement between the two countries is quite low and it definitely doesn't warrant that categorisation. I can think of maybe 10 transfers between clubs from the two countries in the last years. I'd probably even argue that having it in the optional/recommended list would be overkill, let alone as the most important one :)

From the optional/recommended list, I'd also remove Austria, Finland, Greece, Hungary and Slovenia. I can think of maybe 15-20 players in total from these countries who moved here in the past decade or so. On the other hand, I'd definitely add England, Colombia and France to this latter list, and possibly some of the oil-rich countries (Saudi, Bahrain, UAE, Kuwait) who every so often sign a player or staff member from a Maltese club.

Just a friendly suggestion for any potential future releases - keep up the good work :thup:

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Mons:

Hiya there. Great stuff all round, not just in this file :applause:

A minor suggestion, if I may. It's lovely to see Malta being tweaked in such a file - but I'm not sure why you've specifically listed Cyprus as the most important nation because the volume of transfer movement between the two countries is quite low and it definitely doesn't warrant that categorisation. I can think of maybe 10 transfers between clubs from the two countries in the last years. I'd probably even argue that having it in the optional/recommended list would be overkill, let alone as the most important one :)

From the optional/recommended list, I'd also remove Austria, Finland, Greece, Hungary and Slovenia. I can think of maybe 15-20 players in total from these countries who moved here in the past decade or so. On the other hand, I'd definitely add England, Colombia and France to this latter list, and possibly some of the oil-rich countries (Saudi, Bahrain, UAE, Kuwait) who every so often sign a player or staff member from a Maltese club.

Just a friendly suggestion for any potential future releases - keep up the good work :thup:

We work hard on a big update! We collected a lot of data and your feedback will be implemented of course!

It's a huge task and very time-consuming to test the behaviour of our changes, because it's necessary to load all leagues playable to get a valuable result. 

There are some things, we are not 100% sure yet how they work exactly, but we are both optimistic to improve the file further and even add some new features to it! 

It might take some time but I hope it can be released before Xmas!

Cheers

Daveincid

Yes, but im curious with "optional" - when i use this, i have with additional players from other continents (expanded setup) more then 100k plyers, or? Dont know - maybe it was a stupid question :(

17 minutes ago, Conardo said:

Yes, but im curious with "optional" - when i use this, i have with additional players from other continents (expanded setup) more then 100k plyers, or? Dont know - maybe it was a stupid question :(

No, not stupid question.

The guide is just to help you setup well, depending on your computer and play style.

If you add the optional ones as playable, yes, you will have alot more players, but also better transfer market. If you don't load them, there will be alot less players, and less transfer market, but still ok.

You will have to decide your setup, or private message @Daveincid to discuss it in detail.

3 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

No, not stupid question.

The guide is just to help you setup well, depending on your computer and play style.

If you add the optional ones as playable, yes, you will have alot more players, but also better transfer market. If you don't load them, there will be alot less players, and less transfer market, but still ok.

You will have to decide your setup, or private message @Daveincid to discuss it in detail.

I always tried to give this realism to the transfer market since FM 2012, I wanted Brazilian teams to hire free players coming from Europe at the end of their careers, as well as big stars who could come to Brazil (Forlan, Seedorf, Drogba, Kalou) ...
I wanted to make the most precision in the main countries of the world of football, I have a file that I edited at FM 2020: National, Continental and Regional hiring trends. Would you like me to send it to you to evaluate?

9 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

I always tried to give this realism to the transfer market since FM 2012, I wanted Brazilian teams to hire free players coming from Europe at the end of their careers, as well as big stars who could come to Brazil (Forlan, Seedorf, Drogba, Kalou) ...
I wanted to make the most precision in the main countries of the world of football, I have a file that I edited at FM 2020: National, Continental and Regional hiring trends. Would you like me to send it to you to evaluate?

Yes, you can!

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Leon_fogo:

Maybe you can share this file? Im always interested in a good setup :)

Edited by Conardo

4 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Would you guys recommend this file? Considering using it for my long term Man Utd save but just a little unsure. Posted this in the youth ratings thread also so you aren't seeing double :D

Lol. 

We are working on tweaking things, and with this latest update it will also need some minor changes. Also working on affiliates.

so, if it bugs you that so many good young players go to China or US, and other unrealistic transfers, then add it.

if you don’t care about that much, and would rather have a lot of crazy transfers than none at all, then don’t. 

Hello @majesticeternity,

Would you mind to share some screenshots with transfers from different leagues (preferably different levels)? I see in the thread that there is a problem with Netherlands, has it been resolved?

I also have some doubts in starting a new save with the update without some "proofs of the concept".

Anyway thank you very much for your work! Your updates are amazing!

vor 22 Minuten schrieb bsanchezb:

Hello @majesticeternity,

Would you mind to share some screenshots with transfers from different leagues (preferably different levels)? I see in the thread that there is a problem with Netherlands, has it been resolved?

I also have some doubts in starting a new save with the update without some "proofs of the concept".

Anyway thank you very much for your work! Your updates are amazing!

The Netherlands problem haven't been resolved yet, it's a tough one....

One of the main changes is, that there are by default much less transfers in it's own league. This has been changed for all Nations. 

Sometimes the changes seems small, or not noticeable. The transfer-preferences are not generally bad by default, they are just incomplete. So it varies from Nation to Nation. I am sure @majesticeternity has even more examples or explanations.

image.thumb.png.e7343e15d4aa1fe16c05942ca2c542ee.png

With the mod

image.thumb.png.ad35efffb9ff4a966840fcd70f019286.png

image.thumb.png.280c3a02e4f2081efa21e6532a98bdf9.png

With mod

image.thumb.png.061c49e742ed2d05f6a76afbad863ae5.png

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

vor 9 Minuten schrieb freddieos:

thanks for sharing the screenshots @Daveincid - you can see that the mod stops the elite clubs unrealistically buying up all the Scandi talent that aren't anywhere near their level and will be messed around with for years in their U23's and on poor loan deals which stunts their development. 

attention to detail:brock:

On 15/12/2020 at 15:27, Daveincid said:

It might take some time but I hope it can be released before Xmas!

Any eta on the next update? I'm not going to start a new career save until next version.

Thanks for all your work making the game more realistic!

Edited by hehehemann

vor 1 Minute schrieb hehehemann:

Any eta on the next update? I'm not going to start a new career save until next version.

Thanks for all your work making the game more realistic!

Thank you! We are currently in a intensive testing-phase to ensure, it works from Andorra to Zambia. It looks pretty good so far, but we set the focus on quality than on a quick release. But it's definetly not a question of weeks.

I can say it in the way SI says: "It's done when it's done":brock:

Cheers

Daveincid

Excellent news! My list of necessities for the game are yours and majestics mods. I used them in FM20 too. So a big thanks again as I know the amount of work that goes into the editor, skinning and mod making.

I'm just simulating seasons right now with the files you have released in anticipation for your updates and the official start of my next career :)

vor 2 Minuten schrieb hehehemann:

Excellent news! My list of necessities for the game are yours and majestics mods. I used them in FM20 too. So a big thanks again as I know the amount of work that goes into the editor, skinning and mod making.

I'm just simulating seasons right now with the files you have released in anticipation for your updates and the official start of my next career :)

this really means a lot to me! And I am sure for @majesticeternity aswell!

So are you happy with the files in your save? 

I am excited to start my first save too, but I am not at this point yet, my perfectionism isn't helpful:lol:

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

So are you happy with the files in your save? 

I am excited to start my first save too, but I am not at this point yet, my perfectionism isn't helpful:lol:

I only just have FM21 so its simulating time so I can be happy when I start a long term save. I'm a perfectionist too and once I start a career it probably wont end for a few real life years! 

I played FM14 until FM20, same career save all those years! I went to FM20 but just didnt like the match engine. FM21 I hope will provide what FM14 did for me and keep me entertained the next few years. 

On 24/12/2020 at 22:42, Daveincid said:

Thank you! We are currently in a intensive testing-phase to ensure, it works from Andorra to Zambia. It looks pretty good so far, but we set the focus on quality than on a quick release. But it's definetly not a question of weeks.

I can say it in the way SI says: "It's done when it's done":brock:

Cheers

Daveincid

Will there be a better Dutch trasfer system in it as well?

On 21/12/2020 at 13:48, Daveincid said:

The Netherlands problem haven't been resolved yet, it's a tough one....

One of the main changes is, that there are by default much less transfers in it's own league. This has been changed for all Nations. 

Sometimes the changes seems small, or not noticeable. The transfer-preferences are not generally bad by default, they are just incomplete. So it varies from Nation to Nation. I am sure @majesticeternity has even more examples or explanations.

image.thumb.png.e7343e15d4aa1fe16c05942ca2c542ee.png

With the mod

image.thumb.png.ad35efffb9ff4a966840fcd70f019286.png

Really apricate the work done and hope this will bring stability to the game better. But I see the with mod transfers a bit too heavy on big players.

Chelsea buying Felix, Dembele, Belotti to already stacked attacking options - without seeing anyone sold for even a decent fee.

Ofcourse needs to see more transfer activity to make any assumptions why things happen exactly .

Barcelona suddenly selling to PL rather than buying from here is also bit concerning(Or maybe you played around with their financial mess?)

vor 2 Minuten schrieb saihtam:

Really apricate the work done and hope this will bring stability to the game better. But I see the with mod transfers a bit too heavy on big players.

Chelsea buying Felix, Dembele, Belotti to already stacked attacking options - without seeing anyone sold for even a decent fee.

Ofcourse needs to see more transfer activity to make any assumptions why things happen exactly .

Barcelona suddenly selling to PL rather than buying from here is also bit concerning(Or maybe you played around with their financial mess?)

Totally agree! This is mostly down to the messed up finances at the start of the game.

This mod tries to resolve this problem. In my tests it worked quite good:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/544019-more-balanced-finances-for-longterm-saves-by-daveincid/

Cheers

Daveincid