More balanced finances for longterm-saves by Daveincid

This file set's the bank account from all clubs to zero, except the ones which are in debts already, they still will be.

There might be concerns that it will imbalance the game completely, because it really sounds extreme. But no worries, clubs won't struggle much later ingame, but they will face challenges. 

By default, I experienced that following things happend very often, which isn't realistic to me:

• Clubs will have way too much money in the future
  • Clubs (especially outside of top5 leagues) are spending much more money for transfers and wages than IRL. I have seen smaller Nations which paid double the money for wages per average for their Top-League-Teams after 4 years

What should happen: (happend in my test-save but haven't made too many tests to be 100% sure)

• More realistic transfer-fees
  • Teams focus more on their youth
  • No inflation of wages
  • Teams like Barca do have financial problems, but they will be able to deal with it of course
  • Better financial balancing for longterm-saves

My theory is, that the money teams are havining at the start, is actually in most cases not there IRL. So it's kind of "Inflation-Money". Only after a couple of months ingame, The big teams already have 50mill again (Due ticketing, merchandise, TV and stuff).

The file is still in BETA, feel free to test it and give some feedback!

HOW TO INSTALL:
Place the file in:
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/editor data

NEW SAVEGAME IS REQUIRED

Feel free to support my work

Patreon PayPal

Cheers

Daveincid

More balanced finances for longterm-save by Daveincid.fmf

Edited by Daveincid

this sounds very promising as I agree with you that finances can get out of hand a few years in. Top 5 league transfer expenditure and salaries are accurate however, the EPL transfer expenditure is about 1.2bn euros a year and the other 4 nations at about half that. And remains around that level throughout a long save from memory. Salaries are similar to real life too and remain realistic in a long term save imo. In fact you could argue that it's strange there isn't more inflation built into the game as top players have similar salaries in 2040 to 2020. Transfer fees for elite attackers remain between 100-150m typically. 

What do you think is causing the transfer fee and wage increases in the leagues below the big boys?  

vor 9 Minuten schrieb freddieos:

this sounds very promising as I agree with you that finances can get out of hand a few years in. Top 5 league transfer expenditure and salaries are accurate however, the EPL transfer expenditure is about 1.2bn euros a year and the other 4 nations at about half that. And remains around that level throughout a long save from memory. Salaries are similar to real life too and remain realistic in a long term save imo. In fact you could argue that it's strange there isn't more inflation built into the game as top players have similar salaries in 2040 to 2020. Transfer fees for elite attackers remain between 100-150m typically. 

What do you think is causing the transfer fee and wage increases in the leagues below the big boys?  

The salarys in the big leagues won't change much, so there won't be much changes in this regard. Implementing inflation isn't realistic IMO, because it's pure guessing. 

But the problem is downwards, so the salarys are rising outside the top leagues. This is IMO connected with the high amount of money clubs have. So top clubs will spend much more for talents outside their top league. Theese teams receive more money as they would IRL. This leads to the increase of salarys over there.  

So with this file I "solve" theese problems, as far as my test-results have shown.

Cheers

Daveincid

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Junkhead:

This looks interesting and I play without first transfer windows active anyway.  How is it looking in the lower leagues of Italy, @Daveincid? In my experience they often start with decent money but end up massively in the red.

the game won't allow teams to go bancrupt. So they might struggle more, can't renew contracts or only sign free agents. So it is a challenge for AI-Teams but also for the human player

• Daveincid changed the title to More balanced finances for longterm-saves by Daveincid

Been thinking a bit more about what may cause the finances of clubs in leagues 6-15 (ish) to skyrocket like they do. Just had a look and compared Celtic's real salaries now compared to my save in 2027 and salaries have more than doubled - mostly for squad players. Players that earn 1m euro IRL earn 2-2,5m euro in my save instead. I don't know the accuracy of sponsorship income or prize money for Scottish league, but assume they are close to real figures. Instead, it's the transfer fees that has gone absolutely bananas. They sold players for 255m euros one year in my save, ludicrous! Their top sales are similar to real life (25-30m), instead it's the squad players they are selling for about 3-4x as much as in real life. Most sales are to England. So removing the cash balance at start, at least in the EPL, is probably a good move. What kind of results are you seeing Dave?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb freddieos:

Been thinking a bit more about what may cause the finances of clubs in leagues 6-15 (ish) to skyrocket like they do. Just had a look and compared Celtic's real salaries now compared to my save in 2027 and salaries have more than doubled - mostly for squad players. Players that earn 1m euro IRL earn 2-2,5m euro in my save instead. I don't know the accuracy of sponsorship income or prize money for Scottish league, but assume they are close to real figures. Instead, it's the transfer fees that has gone absolutely bananas. They sold players for 255m euros one year in my save, ludicrous! Their top sales are similar to real life (25-30m), instead it's the squad players they are selling for about 3-4x as much as in real life. Most sales are to England. So removing the cash balance at start, at least in the EPL, is probably a good move. What kind of results are you seeing Dave?

Same experience here. Well you will still see quiet a increase overall, but not that extreme by default. But I am currently working out a project which might help reducing it a bit. But currently it's just a "think-tank" in my head:lol: As soon as I am able to get my idea together I will PM you.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb dillonbarrett1997:

Any problems with this yet? Want to use it for a long term save but just don’t wanna get too far in while it’s still in beta. Appreciate it!

nope. no beta anymore. I haven't noticed any problems in several tests:)

Cheers

Daveincid

vor 17 Stunden schrieb freddieos:

might worth a try to test it out:):

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/544916-improved-market-values-by-daveincid-beta-or-even-alpha/

Cheers

Daveincid

14 hours ago, Daveincid said:

nope. no beta anymore. I haven't noticed any problems in several tests:)

But what are the results in those tests? Differences compared to vanilla? 

What's Celtic's average salaries like? Is Benfica still buying players for 64m euros in 2027?

Edited by freddieos

vor 2 Stunden schrieb freddieos:

What's Celtic's average salaries like? Is Benfica still buying players for 64m euros in 2027?

I will post some screens as soon I have time. I am involved in so many projects right now, so I need to coordinate it a bit. The goal is that all files together are leading to the best result in the game.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb freddieos:

The project as a whole isn't there yet where it has to be. Portugal is difficult to solve, because they sell high (IRL) but spend less. Due the high reputation of Portuguese league this is difficult. But I had the focus more on smaller Nations. Belgium worked quite good. Dutch even better. Dutch league by default had  a lot of ingoing transfers between 25-32m until 2025. With the file there was only one 30m and the 2nd highest was already "only" 18.75m. This is the difference:

Default: 

369633025_ohnefiles.thumb.png.7bd6d2673b6a50790171211df97272bc.png

WIth all files:

657577782_Belgien3rdfile.thumb.png.b7d2bcdf9ffb138127b2a58b659038f3.png

So for Belgium it already has a good impact, because they were massively OP in default game.

Celtic wages are less in total, but this is still too much, but it's goin into the right direction:

Default:

1344620323_Celticdefault.thumb.png.df7864123e270c422dfb5ebf4885bac8.png

With all files:

1256055434_Celticallfiles.thumb.png.a15f15ddd46c6a88db07ba65d17522cb.png

Portugal:

360804645_Portugaldefault.thumb.png.45005f0aafbb9130d49eeb9008c9dbf0.png

With all files:

887483048_Portugalallfiles.thumb.png.ef82c565862adec232f98f9abf445f71.png

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

50 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

The project as a whole isn't there yet where it has to be. Portugal is difficult to solve, because they sell high (IRL) but spend less. Due the high reputation of Portuguese league this is difficult. But I had the focus more on smaller Nations. Belgium worked quite good. Dutch even better. Dutch league by default had  a lot of ingoing transfers between 25-32m until 2025. With the file there was only one 30m and the 2nd highest was already "only" 18.75m. This is the difference:

Default: 

369633025_ohnefiles.thumb.png.7bd6d2673b6a50790171211df97272bc.png

WIth all files:

657577782_Belgien3rdfile.thumb.png.b7d2bcdf9ffb138127b2a58b659038f3.png

So for Belgium it already has a good impact, because they were massively OP in default game.

Celtic wages are less in total, but this is still too much, but it's goin into the right direction:

Default:

1344620323_Celticdefault.thumb.png.df7864123e270c422dfb5ebf4885bac8.png

With all files:

1256055434_Celticallfiles.thumb.png.a15f15ddd46c6a88db07ba65d17522cb.png

Portugal:

360804645_Portugaldefault.thumb.png.45005f0aafbb9130d49eeb9008c9dbf0.png

With all files:

887483048_Portugalallfiles.thumb.png.ef82c565862adec232f98f9abf445f71.png

Cheers

Daveincid

This is great!

Do you also have an screenshot for Dutch transfer?

Example Denmark

Top ingoing Transfer League per year:

2021 - 850k

2022 - 2.1m

2023 - 7.25m

2024 - 8.75m

2025 - 5.5m

With file

2021 - 675k

2022 - 1.4m

2023 - 1.1m

2024 - 3.9m

2025 - 9.75m (Odense seems to have a Sugar daddy:lol:)

Cheers

Daveincid

Gerade eben schrieb nkunku:

Thanks!

Too bad there are only Dutch based (or Dutch competition history) players incoming in the Eredivisie :(

I raised it in the bug-forum. There is really no way to change this via editor. It seems hardcoded or a bug, I'm afraid