The Realism Thread

17 minutes ago, AEJ said:

Not only the unrealistic first job was not fixed, but things got worse?

Did you download additional leagues or something?

Nope! I'm running a realism mod such as realistic injuries etc, but no other db changes or additional leagues. I've done some testing on a vanilla game and the same problem is occuring. So bizzare.

Further testing suggests this seems to be related to coaching badges possibly. Upon getting a National A your rep seems to jump up by 3-5000, despite your profile still showing the rep (which in my case was 20% and minimal) as before. Then a failed conference manager gets offered jobs in La Liga and the Prem

Edited by Domoboy23

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started my new save yesterday. Holidayed until mid-December until I got my first job offer from Aberystwyth Town. I wanted to manage in Wales because of the "easy" access to the CL and EL, but starting in the top division straight away seemed very unrealistic and thus I turned the offer down. Stayed unemployed for a few weeks more until Brackley Town hired me.

They're just above the relegation zone, in a completely dire financial situation (spending almost double their wage budget! :eek:), and I'm expected to turn this sinking ship around to mid-table this season, and to a playoff place by 2022/23. Wish me luck, it's gonna be a good one!

On 09/03/2021 at 16:45, Junkhead said:

Not been very active recently, and still not massively deep into an FM21 save due to other commitments. Starting to believe that this version will pass me by a bit. Some do.

With this in mind, started a little higher up than I normally would with Torpedo Moscow. Can't remember the last time I played as such a large club, let alone started at one. That being said they are in the lowest available Russian league.

Not that it matters. I should be top 2-3. I'm not. I'm mid table 10 games in.

Obviously won't last the season so will no doubt end up at a more appropriately sized club in due course :D

Although I am not getting lots of time, I am enjoying it when I can. I hope you are all enjoying your saves too!

Been struggling myself and when I do find time I've been picking teams for no reason who I don't really care about and lose interest. That changes today!!!! Im ready to finally ready to settle into a long term save. 

9 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Been struggling myself and when I do find time I've been picking teams for no reason who I don't really care about and lose interest. That changes today!!!! Im ready to finally ready to settle into a long term save. 

So I have started what will Hopefully be the last save I do on FM21. The club in question is FC Obolon-Kyiv (FC Obolon-Brovar in game which translates to Obolon Brewery) from the Ukraine lowest division. The reasons that I chose this club is I haven't managed in the Ukraine since way back in FM2005/6 when I used to manage Shakhtar Donetsk who now dominate the league alongside Dynamo Kiev on a yearly basis. In fact the league hasn't been won by a team which wasn't either of those two clubs since the first ever edition when a team named Tavria who are no longer in the Ukrainian league system won the title. Obolon have also never won a trophy which is one of the criteria I love when looking for a team to manage. And the fact that they are also from the capital city Kiev means there's gonna be some interesting battles with Dynamo in the game dubbed the Kyiv DV-OK Derby. The club dissolved and reformed in 2013 and the new owners are Obolon CSJC europe's largest brewing company which gives the team its nickname The Beer Brewers. Sadly money at the start is looking bleak were already £90k in the red with projected season end £1.49m in the red so a solid promotion attempt is vital. 

On 21/03/2021 at 21:50, WilsonJuve said:

So I have started what will Hopefully be the last save I do on FM21. The club in question is FC Obolon-Kyiv (FC Obolon-Brovar in game which translates to Obolon Brewery) from the Ukraine lowest division. The reasons that I chose this club is I haven't managed in the Ukraine since way back in FM2005/6 when I used to manage Shakhtar Donetsk who now dominate the league alongside Dynamo Kiev on a yearly basis. In fact the league hasn't been won by a team which wasn't either of those two clubs since the first ever edition when a team named Tavria who are no longer in the Ukrainian league system won the title. Obolon have also never won a trophy which is one of the criteria I love when looking for a team to manage. And the fact that they are also from the capital city Kiev means there's gonna be some interesting battles with Dynamo in the game dubbed the Kyiv DV-OK Derby. The club dissolved and reformed in 2013 and the new owners are Obolon CSJC europe's largest brewing company which gives the team its nickname The Beer Brewers. Sadly money at the start is looking bleak were already £90k in the red with projected season end £1.49m in the red so a solid promotion attempt is vital. 

To say the season has started well would be an understatement. As usual when starting a new save I turn the first transfer window off to keep the squads as close to real life as possible, I also tend not to make any signings upon taking over a new club until I have chance to assess the squad. We started pre season with a 2-1 defeat to top division club Dnipro which I was pretty impressed with, the rest of the games we won 3 and drew 1 whilst I was settling on a tactic for the squad. The board expect a minimum of promotion this season and the media have us predicted to finish 3rd. The first 6 league games finished with 6 victories scoring 17 goals and conceding only 4. This start made me think a first round cup draw against the team predicted to finish 5th in the top division could see us scalp a giant killing. Boy was I wrong despite being at home the squad succumbed to a 5-1 defeat and my squad and ego had been well and truly humbled. They say its not how bad you get beat its how your react to it and I was worried it was gone na effect our form as the next game we struggled all match before managing a very stressful 87th minute winner to keep our 100% record intact. Fast forward to today and were currently 12 for 12 in the league including the last two matches being against second and third in the league who had also managed to remain unbeaten to this point. These are the current standings as you can see we have a 13 point lead to second and 12 to third, a top 3 position grants us automatic promotion. The season is pretty short with only 30 games played. 
3100E19D82F9A1CB98F755CF6827C181F577415D

With a few of the players performing well they are starting to be wanted by other clubs. This could make the January transfer window a very interesting period. I have had plenty of saves where unrest in the squad has led to diabolical form or even worse me losing my job. Its too early to be thinking about an unbeaten season but the last one that I can remember having was a few editions ago. With the finances in the current state it would be my hope to avoid making any signings this season even though we do only have one player who can naturally play AMR. Hopefully the youth intake in March can bring us some cover going forward.

Its the 15th December in my first save with Torquay United and there have been eighteen management sackings across the top 4 leagues already, seven in league 2 alone! Never seen this before, anyone else? Am running Daveincid's realism mods.

Well, now that the new update is on, I'll start a new save, a new journeyman save. Starting unemloyed on the vanilla game. I play very slowly, so this will be my final FM21 save

Unfortunatelly, there really seems to be a problem (bug) with job offers. It's ridiculously easy to start in a decent club. And even after your first job, FM seems to make life easier for us by handing really good job interviews (even when we do not deserve them)

So, to couter this, I decided to set a new restricion for myself. A set of ranges...

I'll create myself: 28 years old, brazilian, sunday league experience, no qualifications. This will give me half star reputation. The two restrictions I'll impose are: 1 adaptability and a set of ranges:

With half star reputation (5%). I'll only be able to take over a half star club only

With almost one star reputaition (15%), I'll be able to take over a club in the range half star - one star 

With one star reputation (20%), I'll be able to take over a club in the range half star - one and a half star.

With one star and a half reputation (30%), I'll be able to take over a club in the range  half star - two stars

With two stars reputation (40%), I'll be able to take over a half star - two and a half stars club

*If I stay put in any of the above ranges for 2 or more years, the clubs available to me will increase half a star*

*From this point onwards, if I am employed and another club comes after me, half a star is added to the end of the ranges here established*

With two and a quarter stars reputation (45%), I'll be able to take over a half star - three stars club

With two and a half star reputation (50%), II'll be able to take over a half star - three and a half star club

With three stars reputation (60%), I'll be able to take over a half star - four stars club

With three and a half stars (70%) reputation, I'll be free to go anywhere

That's it. I'll load all south and north america and all the main european leagues plus the english spoken ones

Edited by AEJ

13 minutes ago, AEJ said:

Well, now that the new update is on, I'll start a new save, a new journeyman save. Starting unemloyed on the vanilla game. I play very slowly, so this will be my final FM21 save

Unfortunatelly, there really seems to be a problem (bug) with job offers. It's ridiculously easy to start in a decent club. And even after your first job, FM seems to make life easier for us by handing really good job interviews (even when we do not deserve them)

So, to couter this, I decided to set a new restricion for myself. A set of ranges...

I'll create myself: 28 years old, brazilian, sunday league experience, no qualifications. This will give me half star reputation. The two restrictions I'll impose are: 1 adaptability and a set of ranges:

With half star reputation (5%). I'll only be able to take over a half star club only

With almost one star reputaition (15%), I'll be able to take over a club in the range half star - one star 

With one star reputation (20%), I'll be able to take over a club in the range half star - one and a half star.

With one star and a half reputation (30%), I'll be able to take over a club in the range  half star - two stars

With two stars reputation (40%), I'll be able to take over a half star - two and a half stars club

*If I stay put in any of the above ranges for 2 or more years, the clubs available to me will increase half a star*

With two and a quarter stars reputation (45%), I'll be able to take over a half star - three stars club

With three stars reputation (60%), I'll be able to take over a half star - four stars club

That's it. I'll load all south and north america and all the main european leagues plus the english spoken ones

I like that plan. Cant wait to see where you end up.

1 hour ago, bruntonpasty said:

Its the 15th December in my first save with Torquay United and there have been eighteen management sackings across the top 4 leagues already, seven in league 2 alone! Never seen this before, anyone else? Am running Daveincid's realism mods.

Seems strange im on November 5th Managing in the Ukraine but with all English leagues loaded and not one manager has been sacked in all the playable leagues there. Currently 8 insecure and 2 precarious amongst all the leagues.

2 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Seems strange im on November 5th Managing in the Ukraine but with all English leagues loaded and not one manager has been sacked in all the playable leagues there. Currently 8 insecure and 2 precarious amongst all the leagues.

In the prem no one got sacked until December/January in real life

3 horas atrás, AEJ disse:

Having decided on rules and setup...

Part 1 of my journeyman:

I started in november 2020. No half stars job at first, but soon a welsh job became available (Llantwit Major). Took a look at the club and decided to apply. Soon after other welsh jobs became available.

And then, out of nowhere, a mexican half a star reputation job becomes available (??????????). It's the Chivas B team club called Tapatío. All other clubs in the mexican second division are at least two stars, but Tapatío is a new club with terrible reputation. The last manager became Pachuca under 20 manager and now is the Pachuca caretaker manager The best part is that the mexican second division for the next six years do not have promotion or relegation. They offered me a lot of money and want me to play attacking football. 

So I said yes. Llantwit Major offered me the job as well but I said no

Now I manage this new B team in this crazy non promotion/relegation league. Loving it already

Edited by AEJ

Well the unbeaten season sank shortly after the post. After winning 12 from 12 we have hit a rough patch a few disallowed goals here and there and the games just don't go our way. Still well on target to get promoted but need to end this rut fast. 
3580CBDCE00F59AF6E640F1A4C035E82598B126F

The draw and 2 defeats have been our last 3 matches. The draw was against the team currently in 3rd and the two defeats were against 14th and 10th. A couple of injuries haven't helped matters but there's no excuse for the recent form. One shining light is one of my strikers has managed 18 league goals in the 17 starts, sadly he is reaching the back end of his career. With the January transfer window approaching there is some big decisions to be made.

Part 2 of my journeyman:

I am playing the closing stage in the Mexican Second Division (2020/2021). 15 games. From january to june

I decided not to drastically change the squad. Only made 3 signings. I am the worst team in the league, but I think I can handle it

And then I lost the first game after winning it til the 88 minute

Yes

Edited by AEJ

Well the poor run of form continues last 4 results have been DLLL never realised before now but we are now on a big season break. No football gets played from the 28th November until the 20th March. This is due to how bad the weather gets in the Ukraine. So hopefully all this time off working on tactics etc will help the team get back to winning ways. It also works out nice for our youth prospects, in march we get the new influx of youth players and depending on there level there may be chance for somebody to get a debut. The club is classed as having Great youth facilities but only average youth recruitment at present, something were going to have to work on once we get more money.

After finding time I often didn't have, I finally finished my first half-season in charge, managing to not go over the wage budget too much, and dragging Brackley kicking and screaming into a 12th place finish. Not bad, considering they were 20th when I arrived, but the football was absolutely soporific (my highest-scoring match was a 2-2 draw!). Let's see what the new season has in store, hopefully I can get into the playoffs with a few additions to the squad, but the most likely outcome is probably still a mid-season visit to the job centre.

Part 3 of my journeyman:

I lost the second game

The board did not want to pay for my first coaching qualification

Players keep coming and going as I am managing a B team. Impossible to build chemestry

And I have to play attacking football, even if I have the worst team in the league. Two games in, already the worst defence

This is going to be a brutal season  :lol:

Edited by AEJ

Quick question - what starting rep do you have when starting a save?

I've noticed the bottom divisions of most countries have a lot higher than sunday league rep for their recommended experience unlike in the UK where it's generally Sunday League/National A or B badge. 

Just wondering if others went with the recommended or go with the lowest to make it a little tougher?

Part 4 of my journeyman:

Two defeats in my first two league games

But I was playing well. I had faith. I decided do make zero changes and stick to the pre season plan. It worked!

Away game. We destroyed the home team, but in the end the score was very close. Does not matter, we won!

The best part? In the mexican second division, an away win is worth 4 points :lol:. This league is crazy

After the win, I was determined to stick to the plan for a long time. Attacking football ftw

3 straight wins followed. 

We are are improving. Morale is high

My team is the youngest in the league, so I am worried about mentality. But for now, things look good

Edited by AEJ

5 horas atrás, twattyatkins disse:

Quick question - what starting rep do you have when starting a save?

I've noticed the bottom divisions of most countries have a lot higher than sunday league rep for their recommended experience unlike in the UK where it's generally Sunday League/National A or B badge. 

Just wondering if others went with the recommended or go with the lowest to make it a little tougher?

Always the lowest reputation possible

6 hours ago, SCCP1910 said:

In the last few months I acquired a habit of deleting the last overwrite backup every so often to avoid save scumming. Lesson learned I suppose

Oh man.. I got used to a 10 save rolling manual save after each match from the older versions that didnt have that last overwritten save file that often also got corrupted on a specific date, lost one of my moat fun saves that way back in the days, heartbreaking stuff!

So I got over the heartbreak and started again, got the Hungerford job in early March this time. We're 7 points adrift in last place with 19 games to go, and the squad is ****, even for 6th tier standards. No half-decent player wants to sign because we're so ****. Turning this around will be a mammoth task if not completely impossible. Man, I miss Brackley :mad:

17 hours ago, AEJ said:

Part 4 of my journeyman:

Two defeats in my first two league games

But I was playing well. I had faith. I decided do make zero changes and stick to the pre season plan. It worked!

Away game. We destroyed the home team, but in the end the score was very close. Does not matter, we won!

The best part? In the mexican second division, an away win is worth 4 points :lol:. This league is crazy

After the win, I was determined to stick to the plan for a long time. Attacking football ftw

3 straight wins followed. 

We are are improving. Morale is high

My team is the youngest in the league, so I am worried about mentality. But for now, things look good

It's a 6 year wait for promotion though, quite a challenge

4 horas atrás, Brother Ben disse:

It's a 6 year wait for promotion though, quite a challenge

It's a journeyman. The plan is to manage this club for another season only. Then I'll probably leave Mexico.

I'll try to win the title this season and/or next season. Then I'll leave to a club that actually gives me freedom (B clubs are very restrictive)

Winning will be difficult. This is not a traditional league. There are a lot of stages and my team is very young. Important matches will destroy them

Anyway I think a B club is the perfect place to start. I was very lucky to have a half star B club with a job available. The objective is to end my time at the club with one and a half star reputation, so that I can manage a two star club (accordring to the set of ranges I determined myself - wich I posted in the forum). But I need to win a title for that to happen

Edited by AEJ

I've decided to binoff my British & Ireland LLM. I've been playing this game for years and never really strayed away from the homeland.

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and flying off to South America to try an LLM there (maybe add the North American countries too), football there has always fascinated me. Anyone tried it?

Not been posting much as still not playing much, but so glad that lots of people have found a home in this thread.

Really enjoying reading about everyone's saves and chatting to kindred spirits.

Keep it up all :thup:

Part 5:

Hello

The Mexican second division has two stages, Opening and Closing stages. Each stage has a league phase and a knock-out phase. Finishing first in the league is hard, but it usually means nothing. The winner of each opening and closing knock-outs play two more matches, the "real" final. Tough league. Right now I am playing in the closing stage of the first season (I took the job in december)

I have one of the worst teams in the league, the youngest by a mile.

After the four straight wins that I mentioned before, we won another four straight! Amazing for our level. We were clear league leaders. 

But, as I said, finishing first means almost nothing. And I was worried about the big matches coming. My squad is too young.

Before the knock-out phase, there were 6 games remaining. It was imperative to keep up the good form. We did not, of course

In the end, three draws and one loss.  We still finished league leaders, but our form declined. And when I say decline, I mean my fowards stopped scoring, losing a thousand goals per match. XG through the roof. One of the draws really hurt, as I played second position away, and destroyed them, with 3,2 XG. The match ended 0x0, of course. And, in the final game of the league phase, I lost. Morale goes down and the knock-outs are about to start. Great

But we were playing well. I still had faith. The knock-out starts. Semi final and final!

But I want you to keep in mind two things. First, I am facing oponents with much better squads at this point, and much older. And I have to play attacking football to please the board, so it's hard. Second, as I am a B team, 99% of the time, some first team player becomes available to me to gain match fitness. It is usualy the same group of players. They help a lot (A LOT!)

In the semi final, we drew the first leg away, but we should have won (of course). The fowards are clearly out of form.

But in the home game, we won 3x1. It was a really good game. Things should get better

Then comes the final. And, of course, not a single first team player becomes available to me, for the first time in the whole campaing. This is devastating for a B team. Of course it would happen in the final. We were facing the same team that we drew 0x0 with 3,2 XG in the league. Cancun is the name. One of the most expensive squads of the division. And again it happened. Away I destroyed them. But, somehow, the match ended in a 3x1 loss. At home we played better then them AGAIN, for the third time, and for the third time we could not win. The dream was over

Now a new season starts. No new players, the same budget. My reputation is still 5%, but I am about to finish my first qualification. For now, I do not see me managing a decent club for a while. The set of ranges I stabilished for myself is tough. But that's the point :lol:

Edited by AEJ

So, decided to up sticks to do an LLM tour of the Americas. As myself, Sunday League experience with no badges. 

1st club stupid enough to give me a job?  Villa Teresa of Uruguay. Trouble is because I started the game in Argentina, we haven't got a game for 6 months! I'm presuming this is because of the pandemic. 

Wish me (or rather them) luck.

Part 6 of my journeyman:

Well, after starting my carrer in december 2020 and taking charge of Tapatio in the mexican second division, I finished second in the closing stage (january - june). Time for the new season

The new season began and things did not look good. Players left, I could not sign anyone. The board kept saying no to my qualifications. And, AGAIN, I lost to that team that I complained before (the one wich I always have higher XG and never win). The team is called Cancun. I hate them. I truly hate them. 

With the board refusing to pay for my licenses and with the team incapable of winning the best teams, will I become stuck in the 10% reputation? 

With 10% reputation, I can only sign for half a star reputation teams. And there is no professional team with such reputation besides Tapatio. I'll have to stay. I'll have to stay and wait for the two years to finish so that I can manage a one star reputation team

I hate my board. I hate Cancun.

6 games in to my Oxford City save and it's going very well so far. Weve played 4 league games winning 3 and drawing 1 and we are in to the FA Cup First Round after winning our two qualification games.

The players are learning to implement my football philosophy fairly well and it means weve hardly conceded any shots or goals, although we arent having as many shots as I'd like. However I know our form wont last long if we dont bring in squad depth as we only have 15 players in the squad. I've also got some complaints from players about the lack of depth.

My DoF is in charge of transfers (all I do is confirm transfers if I'm happy with the player and sometimes add transfer targets for him)  and hes got a big job on his hand bringing in some good players. I currently have 0 left backs in the team and it really shows and I have 0 defensive subs. I asked my DoF for left back suggestions, and added two of them as transfer targets hoping to get one of them. The player I wanted the most rejected our contract so hopefully he can get the second player to join. Also he has signed a young striker who looks to have great potential and hes bought in a player on trial who looks to be great, so hopefully we can sign him too. I'm really enjoying the teamwork when working with the DoF tbh.

Hello everyone, is there any database around that unlocks the Italian lower leagues below Lega Pro?  I've searched for one but couldn't find it, and managing in Britain has gone a bit stale as I pretty much only managed there in FM20 and 21. Thanks in advance:thup:

3 hours ago, SCCP1910 said:

Hello everyone, is there any database around that unlocks the Italian lower leagues below Lega Pro?  I've searched for one but couldn't find it, and managing in Britain has gone a bit stale as I pretty much only managed there in FM20 and 21. Thanks in advance:thup:

The best one by far in my opinion is over at https://www.fmfusion.it/

You'll have to register with the site (which is in Italian) but once you have the download is here https://www.fmfusion.it/showthread.php?tid=685&pid&fbclid=IwAR2nuZdbAyVJNp0DI_YAlRF3M1lOao1-YBqzKeK_f7v4f-cvrIOYSqXQa8s

Part 8:

Well, I still hate my board and I still hate Cancun, but things finally improved. We won the opening stage :kriss:

Our form during the opening stage was really good. We finished first. Only one defeat (as I mentioned before, to Cancun). When we got to the knock-out stages, we were in form and ready (and did not face Cancun :lol:). 

We got two players from the A team that helped a lot. But of course the board made everything difficult. My young striker, my leading scorer, the most important player of the team refused to sign a new contract (I am not the one handling contracts) and the board decided, out of nowhere, during the knock-out stage, to remove him from my team as punishment for not signing a new contract and put him in the A team (?????????????????????) I hate them. But we still won

My reputation now is 20%, so I can manage a one and a half team. But I'll stay at Tapatio to play the closing stage

The problem is that the board keep refusing to pay for my qualifications. That's a huge problem. I do not think my reputation will go higher than 20% in Tapatio. I'll have to move thanks to this insane board. I hope to find a decent professional team with one and a half reputation

Sorry if slightly off topic. In terms of realism, I am 2 thirds of the way through a big media update for Scotland and England in collaboration with majestic. I have Scotland covered, and tested, but for England I don't have the personal knowledge to add local press beyond some that are in majestic's file and some obvious ones e.g. mainstream TV and Website/Newspapers plus local level - Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Evening Standard.

If anyone plays in England or is from an area of England where there are prominent local media in terms of football, feel free to PM me and I will add them in.

The media module is limited in that football media is so varied, so pundits are flooding TV and papers but aren't journalists. I have included them, as think it is better to have them than not have them but it would be more realistic if there was a pundit module, whereby they comment but don't ask questions. The majority of the update is actual journalists/TV presenters/Interviewers with the odd pundit here and there.

Also added a wider range of bookies to add to the variety. 

For Scotland, loads of fan based podcasts/fanzines are going in too. England already has a decent variety but happy to add more.

PM me to request any source or journalist and I will add them in. 

Example is from Hibs, but same would apply in England with English media rather than the Scottish shown below. 

Hibs Example.jpg

Edited by joe5p

Part 9:

Well, as I am a B team, I can play faster and as I don't have to worry about transfer and stuff

Up unti now I have:

- Finished first in the closing stage of the 2020/2021 season. In the knockout, I lost the final of this closing stage

- Finished first in the opening stage of the 2021/2022 season. Won the knock-out stage (my first trophy)

- Starting now the closing stage of the 2021/2022 season

We did not lose in the first 7 games!

And then I was going to face Cancun at home

I was in good form. I had all my players available. I was playing at home, Te media was asking me if I was capable of ending my losing streak against them. One thousand questions about why do I never win against their manager. I was ready to win, finally!

We lost.

Last minute penalty. My xg was 3,5. Their xg was lesser the 1, with a penalty. For the fifth time in a row, I lost to them (having at least double the xg again and again and again) 

2x1. Unbelivable

I don't know what to do anymore

And my board refused AGAIN to pay for my national B license. My finances are amazing, I have an A+. I had the time to study (pre-season). They refused to pay because they don't want to lose me to a bigger team. My reputation will not grow if I stay here

I hate Cancun. I hate my board

Edited by AEJ

Would be great if the game allowed you to manage u18 and u23 teams (without also having to be first team manager) as would be a great place to start in a realistic save. Think I'll add it as a feature request.

Seen a few posts about this and some people have said SI already said they wont do this and that it would get boring.

Edited by francis#17

I won't spam the thread, but sharing one from Reading which came in earlier. If anyone has any others let me know via PM. The source added was 'Get Reading'. Still working on the overall file for a fortnight or so. Real journalists not yet in for all sources. Cheers. 

Get Reading.jpg

Edited by joe5p

2 hours ago, joe5p said:

I won't spam the thread, but sharing one from Reading which came in earlier. If anyone has any others let me know via PM. The source added was 'Get Reading'. Still working on the overall file for a fortnight or so. Real journalists not yet in for all sources. Cheers. 

Get Reading.jpg

This looks great. Must be lots of work though!

Normally, my saves tend to follow a similar pattern: I start well and start to get hopeful for the future, only for things to come crashing down. As such, and because I'm managing in Italy, there was only one man I could honour with my manager profile:
image.thumb.png.0cde43c81d0cc5d7a5bfc207602be1e5.png

Edited by SCCP1910

Part 10:

The closing stage of the 2021/2022 campaing is over!

We finished second in the league. Decent enough. Then came the knockout draw. Which team would I play against?

Cancun, of course

First game, away, they scored quickly. Of course. The team was, as usual, playing well against them, but no goals. 80 minutes and I was ready to give up and move on. Six games without a win against them, 5 loses. But then, my striker woke up! We scored on the 85th ad then in the last highlight of the game we scored again. It was a miracle. 2x1. **** Cancun

The curse was over! Finally. 

We drew the second leg, got through the semi finals and played in the finals again. The problem is that, thanks to the board and to injuries, I lost my 3 main fowards. And the bench was terrible. My main striker, after the previously main striker was taken away from me by the board, was taken away from me by the board in the last two games of the season

Both games were tough. My defence carried me, as the attack was destroyed. The irony is that, after a draw away and a draw until the 80th minute at home, the ****** backup striker, that barely played all season, scored the winning goal. We won!

As we won the opening and closing stage, we were the real champions. My reputation did not change (20%)

It is time to leave Mexico, as the board, for the fourth time, did not want to pay for my new license. **** them. 

In the end:

- Finished first in the closing stage of the 2020/2021 season. In the knockout, I lost the final of this closing stage

- Finished first in the opening stage of the 2021/2022 season. Won the knock-out stage (my first trophy)

- Finished first in the closing stage of the 2021/2022 season. Won the knock-out stage (my second trophy)

Goodbye Tapatio. Goodbye ****** board. Goodbye Cancun

3 hours ago, Big Marv said:

This could be for any version of FM. But why over multiple seasons, do teams in the EPL vary so little. Always 17-20 of the first season EPL clubs in the division.

Makes a difference if you run the 2 tiers below in full detail.  That way teams won't be promoted mainly on reputation alone.

Best way to test this would be to run the Prem, Champ and league 1 active and in full detail vs whatever the default is

Edited by Brother Ben

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I'm currently 4th in the VNS with Oxford City and I'm in April but I'm hoping that there's still a small chance we could win the league as otherwise it's a playoff place and those winning the playoffs needs luck. My DOF has bought in some great players and I was just offered a 2 year contract extension. I think we are doing great for my first season. My DoF has helped me transform the team with signings throughout the season and I'm now happy that we have the personnel to play the type of football I want.

Also we just got my first youth intake and I've honestly got some excellent players, one of whom is already ready to start so I'm hoping they can push us to have a strong end to the season. My long term plan is to make about half the team full of youth graduates with some excellent additions that I bring in from outside the club. 

On 05/06/2021 at 18:44, francis#17 said:

Just an update, I'm currently 4th in the VNS with Oxford City and I'm in April but I'm hoping that there's still a small chance we could win the league as otherwise it's a playoff place and those winning the playoffs needs luck. My DOF has bought in some great players and I was just offered a 2 year contract extension. I think we are doing great for my first season. My DoF has helped me transform the team with signings throughout the season and I'm now happy that we have the personnel to play the type of football I want.

Also we just got my first youth intake and I've honestly got some excellent players, one of whom is already ready to start so I'm hoping they can push us to have a strong end to the season. My long term plan is to make about half the team full of youth graduates with some excellent additions that I bring in from outside the club. 

I'm liking your use of the DOF, it's an interesting way to play the game.  Glad it's working for you, keep us updated  :thup: