dafuge's FM21 challenge

51 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I had AFC Rushden & Diamonds come through yesterday @Jimbokav1971when I was looking for Kings Langley.  I saved it thinking they were rare.  Feel free to download.  I have no extra leagues added but do have all players from UK & Ireland loaded, around 41,000 in total.

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/908261/AFC%20Rushden%20(1%20Nation,%206%20Leagues).fm

I bloody love you. :applause:

Spent 2 hours re-loading last night with no luck

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

I had AFC Rushden & Diamonds come through yesterday @Jimbokav1971when I was looking for Kings Langley.  I saved it thinking they were rare.  Feel free to download.  I have no extra leagues added but do have all players from UK & Ireland loaded, around 41,000 in total.

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/908261/AFC%20Rushden%20(1%20Nation,%206%20Leagues).fm

Something's not quite right here. 

I have entered my correct email address but the link hasn't been received. (Yes I have checked all folders). Maybe it takes a while for the email to be sent, but that's not how these things usually work. 

Now I'm thinking this means that I should finish by Brondby IF save 1st....... :confused:

41 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Something's not quite right here. 

I have entered my correct email address but the link hasn't been received. (Yes I have checked all folders). Maybe it takes a while for the email to be sent, but that's not how these things usually work. 

Now I'm thinking this means that I should finish by Brondby IF save 1st....... :confused:

Check your messages, I gave you an alternative link to get the file ;) 

So here I go again, with my favourite club for this challenge.  I am doing a full dafuge Challenge with this one, so I can buy players without issues.  I love to have a focus on youth though, so will be tagging young players I will be using as I go and recording the records for academy players each season.

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

The Manager

This is me.

poQnBm8.png

mVGctcQ.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

1027011639_craybadge.png.f0ca0e3f17c4f6a5c3a3683824d9d82b.png

End Of Season Review 2021/22

Competitions

Vanrama National South - League Table     Results 1    Results 2    Results 3

An absolute storming season as we claimed the title with a record points total. This being my second attempt at the challenge I had a rough idea who to sign already. The real challenge begins next season. 

FA Cup - Results

A good cup run can really help kickstart the clubs finances and we done pretty well. We national league side Dulwich Hamlet before really giving Sutton 2 tough games before bowing out on penalties.

FA Trophy - Results

I wanted a good run in this but we fell short early on. 

Playing Squad

Squad    Best 11

For this level we have a cracking squad, all young and with potential to improve even further. We will need to bring in some better players though over the summer, as the step up I found massive on my 1st attempt. We have a decent core already though, and that is a good start. My 3 key men this season were:

Sean O'Brien -  The Irish ST signed on a free after his release from Millwall was absolutely scintillating. He scored an incredible 42 goals in 40 league games, and bagged 15 in 7 cup games. Lets hope he can keep that up next season.

Alex Mitchell -  Another youngster signed after being released by Millwall, the centre back had a solid season for us.

Herson Alves -  The Winger was already at the club when I joined and is easily one of our key men. 13 goals and 15 assists this season.

Finances And Facilities

Finances    Facilities

Financially I can see us struggling next season unless our crowd numbers jump up massively, or we get a decent cup tie.

Youth Production

Intake

Nobody to scream home about, and with no finances it will be a while before we can upgrade anything.

Other/Next Season

Manager Profile

In my first attempt we finished 17th in our first season in the National League, I want to at least better that.

My Chesham United game hit a sour note early on, and after 20 games or so we were failing miserably. I believe I signed too many young prospects and not enough quality. 

I have restarted the challenge as Lancaster City, and things have started much better. I’ll update at some point once I’m sure the game is here to stay. For some reason I really have always found the Conference North much easier than the South. Anybody agree?

Kingstonian-FC.png.f958d34c913de3d18947073722c0831d.png

Started this years save in the Beta, Picked Kingstonian.                                                               

First season we went up by goal difference !!!

557865632_LeagueTable20-21.thumb.png.efc982a8c30973bc258614a875ac0c3b.png150579631_TopGoalscorer.thumb.png.e95be275c95931bb091ace3b6a1e3e59.png

Had a few signing but the biggest i've ever signed in my FM history banged 52 goals in all competitions !!!

Hopefully we can mount a challenge next season and get a few back to back promotions like me FM20 save.

8 hours ago, jeaku14 said:

I've just started a Youtube Dafuge's Challenge, planning to release an update every other day for now.

Looks like there's a couple of people doing Needham saves so far :)

Half way through your second vid, really enjoying it! I hope you keep it going.

30015287.png

image.png.3aed5bd1618efd80786eebccfad0faff.png

Not seen anyone pick this team yet, and as they are my most local team from the available options, I decided to embark upon a journey that is hopefully as successful and enjoyable as my FM19 save with Salisbury. I must say, I quite like the contrast of the Yellow and blue for a full length jacket

Manager Profile

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.591f9fd841fe0b8cb88cb567b7fbfa19.png

Looking at our squad, it's extremely thin on numbers, so first priority will be bringing in players on trial to assess them, and bolster the squad throughout.

Squad depth

Spoiler

image.png.3d9e15083eadab350dbd3ade4fbdd799.png

The one saving grace is that one of our players is included in the Media Dream Team, so I will be looking to build the team around our midfield maestro.

Media Dream Team

Spoiler

image.png.3c78b7f766a261dd62650678ae376703.png

Louis Dunne

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5489bbab1541314fa14a42a7c5107563.png

Edited by Abaddon879

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were in a three way battle for the title for most of the season, though both Altrincham & York City fell away in the home straight.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We were exceptional for most of the season.

F. A. Cup - An excellent cup run all the way to the third round, before losing away to top flight Leicester City.

F. A. Trophy - Another decent cup run, making it to the fifth round before losing away to Aldershot Town, who play in the division above.

Pre Season Friendlies - A disappointing pre season, with quite a few defeats.

Squad - We now have a very strong squad and one that, with the right additions, could go up again next season.

Squad Dynamics - Very good, despite the player turnover.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I brought in plenty of new players, mostly on free transfers and loans.

Transfers Out - I shipped out those that I felt didn't make the grade.

Youth Candidates - A decent enough intake, with Matthew Howe YP22B2 looking like the best of the bunch.

Finances - Very healthy indeed, largely down to a good cup run.

Key Players

Corey Evans - Northern Irish international veteran who plays in defensive midfield.  A cracking free transfer signing.

Josh Ruffels - Left back who had a fine season.

Will Russ - Young forward who scored a phenomenal 50 goals in his 52 appearances.

Ludwig Francillette - French centre back who was superb for the whole season.

Admiral Muskwe - Zimbabwean international who can play either up front or on either wing.  Signed on a free transfer, he slotted into the team effortlessly.

Next Season

I think we are good enough to go up again.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation          Qualifications         Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)   None                     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑ National B ↑↑            7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑↑          Average ↑↑         Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      57        43        5        9         147              52                 +95

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          57        43        5        9         147              52                 +95              323 days

Trophy Haul

2021/22    Vanarama National League North

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2021/22)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  Fifth round of the F. A. Trophy.

2021/22    Ben Bright YP22A1                         3

2021/22    Ben Bright YP22A1                      1

2021/22    No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

ViCvU3T.png

Chesham United 2021/22

Chesham United reveal their newest coach! 

tSr29oA.png

The Managers stunning credentials show why he is perfect for the job;

wwac1gW.png

Media Prediction

mZSSwt9.png

The last trophy Chesham United won was back in 1997! Back when the Spice Girls were zigga-zigging and Sunny D had yet to turn children orange. 

geI0H7I.png

I haven't done a Dafuge challenge in a while so this might be a toughy. I expect to be stuck in a relegation battle most of the season. If i can survive the first season, i can build on something good i hope! 

56 minutes ago, omgwtfbbq said:

ViCvU3T.png

Chesham United 2021/22

Chesham United reveal their newest coach! 

tSr29oA.png

The Managers stunning credentials show why he is perfect for the job;

wwac1gW.png

Media Prediction

mZSSwt9.png

The last trophy Chesham United won was back in 1997! Back when the Spice Girls were zigga-zigging and Sunny D had yet to turn children orange. 

geI0H7I.png

I haven't done a Dafuge challenge in a while so this might be a toughy. I expect to be stuck in a relegation battle most of the season. If i can survive the first season, i can build on something good i hope! 

I'll be keeping a keen eye. I struggled with them on my save, hence my restart. Be interesting to see how differently you approach it and how you get on.

7 minutes ago, goonergez said:

I'll be keeping a keen eye. I struggled with them on my save, hence my restart. Be interesting to see how differently you approach it and how you get on.

I'm worried about it already. Didn't realise how threadbare the squad was! 

Season 3: Worthing - Vanarama South - 1st

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Wo...

Season 3 we finally put together a complete season and we were sitting in 1st from matchweek 3 to matchweek 46 (with 1 exception in week 9)

We also had a deep FA Cup run, beating L2 Burton, Van. National Barrow, and then a draw at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium (RIP) before being crushed by QPR in the replay. Still, going toe-to-toe with a Championship team was incredible for my own morale and for the finances, even if we were absolutely lucky to even finish the first 90 minutes level.

YOixO4R.png

We've had our first two newgens come into the first team: Scott Wilson who was released by Arsenal and as a supporting target man scored 21 and assisted 11 in the league, and Jamie German (from Tottenham) who is a giant at 6'7" and I played him as the link between defense and attack rather than his more natural CB position. He will probably slide back next season. I'll refrain from posting screens of my other key players as most are still real players.

We need to shore up the defense next season, but with a +56 GD and the fact that we beat two teams in higher leagues we should be able to avoid a relegation battle.

League Table -

Squad Stats -

Transfer History -

League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets May balance Total wages
Vanarama South 1st FA - 3rd round, FAT - 2nd round Basic Poor Average Adequate 1200 (4500) Continental B 6 - 5 (£0) Harry Warwick - 44 (48) Charles Sagoe - 15 (17) Harry Warwick - 7.41 (50) Tom Smith - 19 (23) £88k £7.4k p/w
Vanarama South 5th FA - 2nd round, FAT - 4th round Basic Poor Average Adequate 1310 (4500) Continental C 15 - 6 (+£26k) Connor Hall - 15 (Powell - 23) Jesse Starkey - 11 (12) Aarran Racine - 7.49 (44) Tiernan Parker - 5 (5) £138k £6.2k p/w
Vanarama South 7th FA - 1st round, FAT - 3rd round Basic Poor Average Adequate 1123 (4500) National B 14 - 4 (£0) Euan Pollock - 26 (34) Jesse Starkey - 10 (11) Aarran Racine - 7.48 (51) Tiernan Parker - 20 (23) £14k £5.1k p/w
Edited by CMU Chips

22 hours ago, joehelsing1 said:

Half way through your second vid, really enjoying it! I hope you keep it going.

Thanks mate! Glad you enjoyed it. 

Episode 3 below in which our new 37 year old Goalkeeper becomes an assist king.

Needham Market
220px-Needham_Market_FC.PNG
Season Review 24-25
Sky Bet League 2

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Injuries - Accolades - Financial Overview - Data Report - Moments to Remember - Season to Remember - Financial Report

Started the season not expecting too much. It did go much better than expected - most of the season that is. After 39 matches we topped the league. End of january board decided to accept 2 bids on 2 key players. Ian Perry went to Bristol City and Rob Defty went to QPR. A little month later we lost our keeper 6 weeks to an injury, as he came back after the injury, he got injuries again for a little week. His injury was followed by many small injuries across the board. At this time we were in the finals in Papa John's Trophy. This we lost on penalties to AFC Wimbledon. The remaining 7 games of the league resulted in 5 losses and 2 draws, loosing the automatic promotion spot and dropping to 5th position. Over the 2 games for promotion, where we played Hartlepool. We lost 2-1 away and drew 1-1 at home - Ending a suprise season with a disappointing end. Had a change from previous 5 defenders to 4 defenders and a DM, suited the current players better this season.

The Cups were ok considering the teams we were playing. In the Carabao we lost in 2nd round to Crystal Palace, same for the FA where it was a 2nd round exit to Sheffield Wednesday.

Biggest highlight of the season, has to be our first upgrade to training facilities.

A few players worth mentioning:

Remy Mitchell - Surprise keeper previously at Arsenal. Was amazing until his injury.
Dougie Pitt - Allround defender previously Chelsea. Played majority of the season and was rock solid.
Ethan Dekel-Daks - Previously Crawley. Our most high profile player. Great midfielder.
Joe Haigh - Previously Chelsea. All round midfield and IF positions. Scored 8 goals, but played with consistency.
Ben Voisey - Previously Bournemouth. Seems like a future star in the attack. 
Yoane Zohore - Still first choice striker, but had some injuries and despite scoring 16 goals, he had a bad season.

Season League Position Ch.Leag Eu.Leag FA Cup Car. Cup PJT FAT
24-25 L2 5th * * 2nd rnd 2nd rnd Final *
23-24 VN 1st * * 2nd rnd * * Final
22-23 VN 10th * * 3rd rnd * * S.Final
21-22 VNN 3rd * * 1st rnd * * Q.Final

image.png.fb679a131f46a633eeebe30ecc59a306.png

We got off to a good start and were top of the table in League 1 at midseason.

image.png.c87d6954132871c282fc65511ded4704.png

I had four Championship level players that I was trying to hang onto, but when Premier Level Swindon came calling - I lost one of them- Shayne McKeown. He had missed three months with a hip injury and I was hoping he wouldn't draw interest at the transfer window, but it wasn't to be.

image.png.131110e196cace6495f8a2dea4ace32a.png

We built up a slight lead at the top of the table, which it turned out we needed as we faltered a bit in February and March.  Middlesbrough was especially impressive as they sold six players for 72 Million and still surged into 2nd on the Table.

image.png.bc001406521f7797081b1625c23d8cc3.png

We played well in our final stretch and finished top of the table with one match remaining. On to Champions League with the same wage budget that we had in League 1, so it will be a challenge as usual.

image.png.64cb95971c2d6243add72a6769487739.png

After a failure with Chesham United, I have restarted and am the new manager of Lancaster City FC.

1149209367_LancasterCity_.png.8f683136b6fbdf6727a1441c6744d179.png

I've played through over half of the first season, and will return at the end of the campaign with a more detailed update on our progress.

2000058258_GezSaunders_Profile-7.png.8ee864363acfce307442950c61e7e103.png

Edited by goonergez

1132114938_LancasterCityCrest.png.e50c744f427f9e1dad7c97eac6323d80.png

Lancaster City FC: 2020/21 Season Review

So my first season at the helm of this club is over, which means its time for me to update you all on my progress. I'll start with a quick background on the club though, as clubs at this level aren't the most well known. Lancaster City FC are a semi-professional non-league football club based in Lancaster, Lancashire. They were founded back in 1917, and are nicknamed 'The Dolly Blues'. This is taken from the dolly blue washing tablets and bags which were manufactured in the town in the early 20th century.
The side play their home games at the 'Giant Axe' and have done since they were established. It has a capacity of 3,500 with a seated area of 519. The club's main and oldest rivals are Morecambe Town, but very few games have been played between them since the 1980s after Morecambe's rise up the league pyramid. The Dolly Blues played the 2019/20 season in the Northern Premier Division before its abandonment due to Coronavirus. In game I have taken over the club after their promotion into the Conference North. The club have reached the FA Cup proper on two occasions, with a 1980s Third Round appearance a club record. In the FA Trophy they went as far as the Fourth Round back during the 2004/05 season. Ill be looking to rewrite both of these club records during my time at the helm.

My first season in charge was a pretty decent one, although we faded off significantly towards the end. My arrival at the club had prompted a lot of activity, as I looked to stamp my style on the team, and make my intentions clear. We brought in a whole new staffing unit, with former Burnley defender Tyrone Mears becoming my assistant manager. On the field the most notable arrival was experienced central midfielder Hope Akpan, after his release from League Two side Bradford City.

2129816852_HopeAkpan.png.64cb2cd93f80dfd5f940cec5be6f4574.png

The most exciting signing was 16-year old winger Sonny Wake, from Berwick Rangers of Scotland on a free transfer. My scout recommended his signing, and he performed well for us during pre-season. He would go on to be a promising member of our squad, and could have a very exciting career here. He only popped up with a couple of goals over the campaign, but showed a lot of promise throughout. Young striker Faisu Sangare was our top scorer for the campaign, scoring 17 league goals as we completed the season in a highly respectable 15th position. For a first campaign at this level, I am left pretty happy. Defensively we were better than going forward, as my quick tempo route one style came to fruition. Towards the end of the season that changed, but defensively we were solid throughout. Veteran long time servant Andy Teague formed a superb defensive partnership with Owen Bray (18-year old who arrived after his release by Leeds United). His campaign prompted him to be shortlisted for the league player of the season award. He didn't win it, as that honour went to Guiseley FC forward Kaine Felix. Unbelievably he scored a truly ridiculous 51 league goals for them in just 45 league appearances. In contrast we managed to find the net 56 times during our league season, and conceded just 58. Goalkeeper Scott Moloney proving a very good and reliable signing on a free after his release from Barrow.

309939760_Table2020-21.png.b44dd0ac2958e46f43323fd6bc10bb3a.png

It was at the end of the campaign was where things dropped off for us though. At the midway point and turn of the fixtures we were strongly in the top half, and potentially chasing a play-off spot. Unfortunately just the one win in our last thirteen fixtures saw us drop right off the pace and into mid-table obscurity. We were never in danger of dropping towards the relegation zone, but it was disappointing to watch us fade off. We were by no means losing heavily, but struggling for goals saw us miss out regularly by the odd strike. Hopefully we can rectify that next season.

The cup competitions didn't bare much fruit for us, although we comfortably achieved the results needed to meet the board visions for the season. In the FA Cup we calmly progressed through the Second Qualifying Round with a 3-0 victory at home to Kirkley & Pakefield. The next round gave us Barwell, and a 1-1 draw away gave us a replay which we won 2-0. The final qualifying round saw us take on FC Halifax of the Conference National, and potentially a very good scalp. We should've won the tie, but conceded a stoppage time leveller for a 1-1 draw and the requirement for a home replay. We couldn't perform as well though, and a 0-2 defeat saw us miss out. In the FA trophy we met Ashton United of our division in the Second Round. A disappointing 1-1 draw after extra time at home meant yet another replay. We simply didn't perform, and despite taking the game to extra time we lost out 1-2 to crash out t the very first hurdle.

All in all i am fairly pleased with our first season, although it could have been better. 15th place isn't bad, but leaves us with room for improvement. Pleasingly we were never in danger of relegation though, which was an initial fear. Off the field things are looking decent. 

1755894208_newstadium.png.1779cf08a140a626b283c6c4e05dd1d2.png

I'm not sure how I feel about this, although I don't see it happening anytime soon. High running costs for a run down old stadium the reasons cited for the plans. My worry is that if the board progress with this the financial situation of the club could significantly deteriorate. We don't really have the funds to be building a new stadium. The club funded a coaching course for me which was pleasing, although the financial situation could be better. We're losing money, although a cash injection from the board kept us just above the red as the season drew to a close. There isn't much I can do, as I am comfortably below the wage budget, and we're barely spending £4,000 per week on player wages. There is a busy summer ahead, but an exciting one. I'll return before the start of next season.

662489881_LancasterCityCrest.png.14dd28038d19dca89095f55a9e9823f8.png

Lancaster City: 2021/22 Season Preview

My time at the helm here started fairly well, with a solid mid-table finish capping off a decent campaign. 15th placed is a position I would've taken at the start of the season, especially as we didn't have to worry at any stage about dropping into a relegation battle. A disappointing end to the campaign put a slight dampener on things, but all in all I was left content with our efforts. Ambitions for my second campaign here are similar, with the board happy for another season of avoiding a relegation battle. I would like a bit of improvement, and will also be looking for us to progress a little more in the cup competitions. Financially this club is heading the wrong way, and the money from a good cup run would help us to fund the new stadium that the board want to build.

The summer was a busy one, with a number of faces heading both in and out of the club. Goalkeeper Scott Moloney refused to sign a new deal with us, and we also lost both our first choice central defenders. Owen Bray completed his free transfer to Waterford United, and Adam Long was released after refusing to discuss a new deal.
We picked up two promising youngsters from our youth intake though. 16-year old Icelandic attacking midfielder Hrafn Einarsson, and Congolese born English central midfielder Paulop Mbayo.

692365535_PaupolMbayo.png.66a73dac81a1c888f2000b33d3b315bc.png

Mbayo really excites me, and is very highly recommended by our coaching team. I'll be looking to get him some game time this season, although that may involve a loan deal away from the club. Hopefully we can bring him through, and he can be the start of a core of our squad coming through the youth system here.

Ten players came into the club, and I am excited to welcome all of them. The biggest task of the summer turned out to be finding a new goalkeeper to replace Moloney. In the end two new keepers arrived here. 19-year old Irishman Arlo Doherty will be number one here (signed after his contract ended at Leicester City), with young Archie Brown arriving as number two after being released by Barnsley. Moloney will be hard to replace, but I am confident we have brought in two solid options. The biggest known arrival was saved until last though. Shortly after the season kicked off we completed a signing that should be a right coup for us.

223282068_ZachClough.png.9762ad8ef49ef6e29368fbc5878c9da4.png

What a huge signing for the club?! I felt that despite 17 goals, Faisu Sangare isn't a viable option up top if we want to make progress. To snap up a player who's been on the books at Bolton Wanderers and Nottingham Forest is huge for us. Hopefully he can find the net regularly and help us move forwards. At his age he has a few years left yet, hopefully successful ones in a Lancaster shirt.

I'm feeling pretty confident in our chances for progress this season, after a successful summer in the transfer market. We lost some players I didn't want too, but replaced them pretty well and as I say I feel really excited for this season. We're predicted by the media to finish in 15th place, but I am hoping to at least break into the top half this time around. The low expectations from the board please me, as it means as long as we don't get embroiled in a relegation battle my job security will be perfectly fine. I've enjoyed the challenge so far,  but my journey has only just begun.

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Vanarama National League South - 2021/22

Our media prediction was to finish 23rd, so this wasn't going to be an easy season.

League Table - we started brilliantly but just couldn't keep it up as we slid down the league.

FA Trophy - just the one match where I rotated the side a bit.

FA Cup - we had a decent run but came up short against league opposition.

Squad - we've got a few decent players but our squad is very thin on talent.

Transfers - the early transfers turned out to pretty poor, but we needed numbers badly.

Finances - not great, I've gone over budget which might cause problems next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Jack Mazzone - our top scorer was a player already at the club.

Camron McWilliams - one of our best players, but he's not interested in staying for next season.

Ollie Robinson - our club captain.

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21     National League South        14th                
Next Season:

Promotion seems a long way off at the moment, so a top half finish next season would be decent.

That's a pretty solid opening season there @dafuge.  A very similar campaign to mine actually, with a solid mid-table finish. Hopefully you'll push on in your second campaign. Out of interest why is the challenge named after you? Did you complete it before anybody or came up with the concept?

1 minute ago, goonergez said:

Out of interest why is the challenge named after you? Did you complete it before anybody or came up with the concept?

I started the challenge back on FM06. Initially it was just an idea for me to try out managing in the lower leagues as I'd never really done it before.

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We were at or around the top of the table for the whole season and we clinched the title and promotion, with two games to spare.

League Fixtures 1, & 2 - For most of the season, we were pretty solid.  We lost two games 5-2, back to back, which were a wake up call.

F. A. Cup - Another excellent cup run before being beaten by Manchester City.  Gutted we were drawn at home though, as the match income would of been terrific for an away game!

F. A. Trophy - We reached the same stage as last season, before Leyton Orient beat us in the fifth round.

Pre Season Friendlies - A fantastic pre season campaign with just the one loss.  The 4-1 hammering we gave Ipswich Town is the obvious highlight.

Squad - A very strong squad and one which, with the right additions, can challenge for promotion again.

Squad Dynamics - Very good as you would expect.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - Quite a lot of new arrivals, mainly young players and loans, some of which have proven to not be good enough.

Transfers Out - I shipped out those who were not up to National League football, raising over £200,000 in the process.

Youth Candidates - Another good intake, with Harry Goodwin YP23A6 not far off the first team already.

Finances - Very healthy, thanks again to a strong performance in the F. A. Cup.

Key Players

Keziah Poutney - Costing just £5,000 from TNS in Wales, the teenage goalkeeper is already attracting the interest of Premier League clubs.

Mitch Clark - Right back signed on a free transfer from Leicester City.  Had an okay campaign, but can definitely play better.

Marios Dimitriou - Also signed from TNS for £5,000, the teenage central defender had a fine campaign.  Now a full international for Cyprus, though only in friendlies.

Di'Shon Bernard - Signed on a free transfer, he excelled at the back with Dimitriou.

Niall Ennis - Signed on a free transfer, the striker proved to be far too good for this league, returning 18 goals from his 24 appearances.

Next Season

Another promotion is the goal.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation          Qualifications         Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)   None                     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑ National B ↑↑            7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (2.25*) ↑ Continental C ↑↑         9 ↑   8 ↑   3 =   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  14 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑↑          Average ↑↑         Local = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑↑   Exceptional ↑↑↑    Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2021/22      57        43        5        9         147              52                 +95
2022/23      54        38        8        8         138              54                 +84

Overall Career Record

2021/22          57        43        5        9         147              52                 +95              323 days
2022/23         111        81       13       17         285             106                +179              667 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    Vanarama National League

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League (2022/23)

Career Overview

2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  Fifth round of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  Fifth round of the F. A. Trophy.

2022/23    Harry Goodwin YP23A6                      8

2022/23    Ben Bright YP22A1                      1

2022/23    Harry Goodwin YP23A6                    1

2022/23    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

Episode 4 now up.

I'm really struggling with this save in a way that I haven't for a while! Can't buy a win at the moment, and without using the pre-set tactics I'm sinking far quicker than I would've hoped.

This save might end up being on the shorter side :lol:

1628539041_LancasterCityCrest.png.ff5a7677c961e136d5e7f01b3c53af40.png

Lancaster City FC: 2022/23 Season Review

My second season has drawn to a close, and it was a season in which we performed solidly enough without being spectacular. We flattered to deceive and would have to settle for another season of mid table mediocrity. I should be happy enough, but it would have been nice for a little more. The season actually started horrifically as we failed to find the net in any of our first three games and picked up just a solitary point. We finally scored in our fourth match of the campaign, but it would take us a further two matches to find our first win of the season. At this stage we moved to bring in Zach Clough, as we looked to a solution for our goal scoring issues. Clough wouldn’t be the answer to that, but Faisu Sangare did his best to show me up. I said over the summer I didn’t believe in his ability to score regularly, and he proved me wrong with a superb 28 league goals. His goals helped us constantly keep our spot within mid-table, and he's earned himself a longer stay at this football club.

After a poor start we found form over the next couple of months. A really good run saw us climb as high as 8th, and we looked much much better. Unfortunately it was a bit of a what if season really. We constantly hovered about 6 points off the play offs spots and never really got particularly close to sneaking in. A bad run towards the end of the campaign again derailed us, and we faded off pretty badly. Again we were never in danger of the drop, but we also didn't get close enough to push for a play-off berth. I shouldn’t be too disappointed though. I said in the pre-season I would be happy with progress, and we did it. More points and a higher league finish than last season should leave me happy.

931733891_2023finatable.png.5540d8cb0c168a34aec87de86d9478bb.png

The cup competitions didn’t provide much relief for us, although we did manage to achieve the minimum requirements from the board. In the FA Cup we beat Peterborough Sports FC (2-0) and Nantwich Town (6-1) both at home. Unfortunately that’s where our run ended as we were beaten 1-3 away at Guiseley, who at the time were top of our division. And had the ever dangerous striker Kaine Felix. Speaking of who, he added to his 51 league goals last season with another 41 this time around. Truly remarkable. In the FA Trophy we beat Farsley Celtic and Altrincham Town, before losing 0-3 away to Dartford in Round Four.

I have to be fairly pleased with our season. Although I can’t help but feel a little bit down about it. We’ve made progress on last season, but I would’ve liked a bit more really. Hopefully next season we can push on a bit and maybe begin to start looking towards the play off places. Faisu Sangare has earned the right to play as our main goal scoring threat, but our most impressive player was probably winger Ahmed Salam. He signed on a free last summer after his release by Wolves and went on to score 13 goals and lay on 11 assists. A superb breakout campaign, and I look forward to seeing if he can do it again next time around.

1456067549_AhmedSalam.png.7631b2cf1c4c100fc530bbce816e48ca.png

Our financial situation is beginning to go sour. I have kept myself well below our weekly wage budget, but we’re losing money at an alarming rate. We may need a promotion soon just to keep the financial situation under control. I feared we would lose our strongest centre back, but we managed to convince him to sign a one year extension to remain at the club. We did however move to sell the young Scottish winger I waxed lyrical about last season. Sonny Wake was sold on to Plymouth Argyle for £20,000 in January, after an impressive 8 goals for us during the first half of the season. They sent him back to us on loan, but he failed to impress as the season drew to a close. We added a twenty percent sell on clause into the deal though, so hopefully at some point that will prove significant for us on a financial basis.

Next season I want some more evident progress, and will be looking for us to be more competitive towards the play off places. We’re going to have to be efficient in the transfer market, but I am confident that I can improve our squad without too much. Financially I need to look after this football club, but we also need to look to move forwards and not just get stuck at this level long term. We've completed one signing for next year already. 38-year old former Premier League striker Leon Clarke has agreed terms on a one year deal to join us. I'm excited to get him involved with some of our younger players, and hopefully he can help some of them to progress into better players by passing on some of his experience.

Already played one season with Morpeth - got relegated. 

Trying again and feel I have a better team this time. But, I'm still struggling.. How are you guys setting up tactically?

No matter what I do they just one or two passes to get a 1v1. Even with a low LOE.. 

1299993690_LancasterCityCrest.png.b5d70029dcc5dc0904a8787c81f93a25.png

Lancaster City FC: 2023/24 Season Preview

We've had two pretty solid campaigns so far here, but now feels like it has to be the time to start moving upwards. Financially the club is beginning to struggle, and promotion to the Conference National would help massively with the added funds. We allowed a number of players to leave the club, as I aimed to strengthen our squad on a shoestring. After spending the end of last season on loan with us, Sonny Wake went back to his parent club Plymouth Argyle. Contract expirations saw another five players depart, including players who had featured regularly last season. Winger Max Woltman and keeper Arlo Doherty were the most recognisable, as I looked to clear room on the weekly wage budget.

Arrival wise we welcomed a number of new faces, all whilst keeping our weekly expenditure on wages similar to last season. Veteran striker Leon Clarke completed his pre-arranged transfer from Shrewsbury Town, as did youngster Lamine Balde from Wolves. Hopefully the experience of Clarke can really help Balde to develop as he looks to have a ton of potential. Defensively we lacked quality in the full back positions, so I moved in that section of the market. Adam Gyamfi joined after his release from Leicester to play right back, but left back we found some real quality.

1683539894_MarkClifford.png.29ecd7c6426d440fc6b21210b23f64d0.png

I am extremely excited by the signing of Clifford, and fully expect him to add some real quality at left back. He looks really impressive for this level, and should prove a real bargain for us.

I found the hardest position gap to solve that one between the sticks, as I spent all summer chasing a new goalkeeper. Arlo Doherty should've been a solution last season, but he was really disappointing and I didn't feel he was worth a new contract. His backup Archie Brown was snapped up for another season, but I saw him more as a number two than a main first team starter. In the end we brought in 18-year old Ryan Pardo-Roques on a free transfer after his release from Leeds United. He looks a little bit raw, but I am hoping that early exposure to first team football will help him to fulfil his potential quicker.

We're predicted to enjoy a decent season, and the media predict us a 12th placed finish in the league. The board want a safe mid-table finish, a slight increase in the previous two campaigns. I'm happy enough with that, as after two seasons of safety I would expect a little more on my team myself. I feel we are more than capable of a mid table finish. Personally I want us to push more towards the play-off places, and we have the quality in our ranks to do it.

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Vanarama National League South - 2022/23

Our first season was unspectacular and with a growing debt it looked like we were in for another tough year.

League Table - we lost a lot of games but no other team really made a challenge for the title.

FA Trophy - we had a couple of good wins but lost out to the National side.

FA Cup - the finances from this saved our season, even without a big money making tie.

Squad - I kept a smaller squad this time to try and keep everyone happy.

Transfers - the standard of players this season was so much better than last, and cheaper too.

Finances - we cleared the debt, but we'll have the same issue next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge - easily our best player, although he didn't score quite as many as Mazzone last season.

Jake Askew - it made a big difference having a decent goalie.

Matthew Carson - one of a few players who I'm keeping for next season.

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22     National League South        14th           
2022/23     National League South        1st          Promoted as champions
Next Season:

I've no idea how we will do next season, it may depend on the players I can sign.

image.png.53daf4e4ef6d30ce30484e15ff396f2e.png

The life of a small market club in Championship.

image.png.32033e57a0c4b045855c70aaeabdb694.png

First third of the season done and we are middle of the pack. We have suffered two close losses with players being redcarded in the first 2 minutes of play and our defensive backline has been an issue all season.

image.png.4ab7fb81e17a48ebfc7929fd20acd75d.png

Needham Market
220px-Needham_Market_FC.PNG
Season Summary 2025-26
Sky Bet League Two

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Injuries - Accolades - Financial Overview - Data Report - Moments to Remember - Season to Remember - Financial Report

Needham Market finished the season as champions! Changed back to my original 5-4-1, as none of the current DM's seemed solid enough. We kept a really strong defensive record (28ag), on the other hand, we didn't score as many goals(69for).

There wasn't much doubt as the season progressed, that we would end in top 3. We signed a couple of defenders and midfielders, but was content with the forwards and didn't need to attempt to sign "better". Signed Gabriel Osho from Oxford. He joined in January and played most of the remaining season. His stats are great and hope his second season will be even better.

The cup runs were ok. Not impressive and not bad. In the FA, we reached 5th round, with the highligh of winning away vs Reading in 3rd round, before exiting in 5th round at home to Man City. Only loosing 4-2 was pleasing. The Carabao Cup was a disappointing 2nd round exit to Oxford and in Papa John's Trophy we exited in the quarter finals to Peterborough.

In terms of transfers we kept signing youth rejects with L1/CH potential. Giving them first team footie and aiming to sell them to CH teams has been the major source of income. Alloy Kibiru signed from Bournemouth and sold to Aston Villa. John Herrero signed from Chelsea and sold to Brentford. Declan Taylor signed from Leicester and also gone to Brentford. Finally Ishaq Chigozie from Chelsea and sold to Nott Forest.

The income from the sales were reinvensted into facilities. We also had our first fan day, which luckily ended with thumbs up, as Boston was defeated.

Other players worth mentioning:

Remy Mitchell - GK - Kept impressing and was almost injury free this season. Fended off a potential sale to Aston Villa and managed to give him a longer contract.
Joe Haigh - IF - was our best midfielder, consistent in his matches.
Matthis Fiedler - IF - previous Man Utd. Promising right winger.
Ben Voisey - SC - Wasn't as good as last season, still this seasons best striker.
Yoane Zohore - SC - Had a disappointing season. He still has the most goals scored for the club and will get a chance to revenge his efforts next season.

Season League Position Ch.Leag Eu.Leag FA Cup Car. Cup PJT FAT
25-26 L2 1slt * * 5th rnd 2nd rnd Quater *
24-25 L2 5th * * 2nd rnd 2nd rnd Final *
23-24 VN 1st * * 2nd rnd * * Final
22-23 VN 10th * * 3rd rnd * * S.Final
21-22 VNN 3rd * * 1st rnd * * Q.Final

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

League Table - We dominated from start to finish.  We were promoted with seven games to spare and clinched the league with four games remaining.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - No real issues all season and the 9-0 away win against promotion chasing Harrogate Town being the obvious highlight.

F. A. Cup - What a chance we blew.  For the third year running, we made it to the third round but were beaten away to non league Torquay United.  What a chance to raise some funds wasted.

Carabao Cup - Premier League Norwich City scraped past us, overturning a two nil deficit to knock us out 3-2 at Carrow Road in round two.

EFL Trophy - We finished runners up in our group and qualified for the knockout stages.  I had high hopes of lifting the trophy, but Chelsea Under 23's had other ideas, playing the likes of Callum Hudson-Odoi against us in the last four, as they hammered us 6-1.

Pre Season Friendlies - The best pre season to date, going unbeaten and thrashing Middlesbrough (7-0) & Huddersfield Town (6-3) in successive games.

Squad - Very strong indeed.  I am hopeful I can keep hold of most of them - they are tied down to long term deals - as long as we continue to rise.

Squad Dynamics - Exceptional as you would expect.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I brought in a lot of youngsters and free transfers as well as loans.  We spent a total of £140,000.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - We have had our first big sale, with Marios Dimitriou being sold to Stoke City for an initial £2.6m.  We raised over £4m in transfer fees.

Youth Candidates - I am quite disappointed overall, as I was promised a "Golden Generation".  Decent enough I suppose but certainly not golden.  Ade Ibe YP24C13 looks like the player who will be first team ready the earliest.

Finances - The sales shown above have helped to maintain a constant cash flow, meaning we have a very healthy bank balance.

Key Players

Keziah Poutney - We managed to keep hold of the teenage goalkeeper, turning down a £950,000 bid from West Ham United.

Adam Lewis - At home at both left back and central midfield, he signed on a free transfer from Liverpool and had a fine season.

Zech Medley -Versatile in that he plays at both left back and centre back, the 23 year old signed on a free transfer from Arsenal.

Harry Goodwin YP23A6 - My "project", the academy produced central defender played most games this season, usually from the bench and he continues to improve.

Paul Glatzel - German striker signed on a free transfer from Liverpool, he also slots in nicely on either wing or in central midfield.

Next Season

Promotion again.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (2.25*) ↑ Continental C ↑↑         9 ↑   8 ↑   3 =   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  14 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑
2023/24    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑ Continental A ↑↑        11 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   2 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   7 ↑   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑

Club Facilities

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Below average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑↑          Average ↑↑         Local =    (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑↑   Exceptional ↑↑↑    Local =    (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

2022/23      54        38        8        8         138              54                 +84
2023/24      59        46        5        8         138              34                +104

Overall Career Record

2022/23         111        81       13       17         285             106                +179              667 days
2023/24         170       127       18       25         423             140                +283            1,045 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    Vanarama National League
2023/24    Sky Bet League Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2023/24)
1 x Vanarama National League (2022/23)

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  Fifth round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third round =               Second round      Promoted as champions.  Semi Final of EFL Trophy.

2022/23    Harry Goodwin YP23A6                      8
2023/24    Harry Goodwin YP23A6                     54

2022/23    Ben Bright YP22A1                      1
2023/24    Ben Bright YP22A1                      1
           Harry Goodwin YP23A6                   1
           Ade Ibe YP24C13                        1

2022/23    Harry Goodwin YP23A6                    1
2023/24    Harry Goodwin YP23A6                    4

2022/23    No one                                     0
2023/24    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

So my third season in charge of Lancaster City is drawing to a close and should be completed this evening. It looks like being a season of disappointment, but hopefully I can turn things around over the past 5 matches. I’ll update you when I’ve finished my campaign.

Getting towards the end of my first season at Needham Market and sitting rock bottom in 24th place :). Not too many points to make it impossible, but not looking great either.

I have brought in some new players though and I'm feeling optimistic.

Episode 5 below!

1 hour ago, jeaku14 said:

Getting towards the end of my first season at Needham Market and sitting rock bottom in 24th place :). Not too many points to make it impossible, but not looking great either.

I have brought in some new players though and I'm feeling optimistic.

Episode 5 below!

I am slowly working my way through your career videos with Needham. Fingers crossed you stay up buddy.

It started so well i thought I was going to bring immediate success. this is my first time managing at such a low level i think i'm out of my depth, i've signed a couple youngsters to try bolster the squad and im trying a simple 4411 route 1 no nonsense approach my defence always seem to get good ratings but im lacking going forward craetively.

Enfield Town_ Fixtures.png

62134024_LancasterCityCrest.png.c4887b5508ef6a5dfec88b2a830eb987.png

Lancaster City FC: 2023/24 Review

So my third season in charge of this football club has come to an end, and to be honest it proved to be a season of what could of been rather than a season of success.
We should be happy really though, with a club record high league finish as well as the club record for points gained in a season at this level. It just feels a little sour, as it appeared for a fair while that we were in for a much better season than we actually managed.

We actually started the season really well, as the addition of goalkeeper Ryan Pardo-Roques and left back Mark Clifford made us much better defensively. We won four of our first six league games, and it wasn't until our fifth game of the campaign in which we would taste defeat. This was the longest unbeaten run we'd made to a season under my leadership. After that we sort of faded into insignificance. We went on no long winning run, or run of defeats, and just sort of floated along quite nicely. We were comfortably in the hunt for a play-off spot and everything seemed to be going quite nicely. Up front summer signing Lamine Balde had found form, and we were much better defensively too. January and February allowed us to think positively, as a good run of form saw us climb at one stage to a high of 4th position. Unfortunately from March things went sour. We failed to win any of our final thirteen league matches, and suddenly seemed to have lost the ability to play any sort of football. Really disappointing, and also a little worrying.

2066019519_EndTable.png.b423ad67fe4083558c37554370c99894.png

I should be relatively happy really, and I guess that I am. We made some more progress, and we were definitely closer to making the play-offs this time around than during the previous two campaigns. It's just infuriating that a poor run of form at the end of the season shattered our dream, and prevented us the chance to extend our season for a shot at a promotion. The brightest point in our season simply has to be striker Lamine Balde. The youngster was sensational, and his 27 goals nearly fired us to our dream during his breakout campaign. Defensively we were much much better this time around which is pleasing. We conceded a few during our poor run in, but for the most part we were only narrowly being defeated. Ignoring the humiliating 1-5 defeat away to Chester that is.

Again the cup competitions were a bit of a disappointment too. Financially this club is in a real bad way, and we really could do with a significant cup run in the near future. The FA Cup saw us reach the Fourth round of qualifying, and then come unstuck. A much changed side needed a replay to get past Leiston in qualifying round two, before we beat Kettering Town 2-0 away in the next round. Our run ended at an away trip to Gateshead though, as we lost out 0-2 to miss out on a spot in the proper stage of the competition. In the FA Trophy we defeated AFC Telford 1-0 at home in the Second round before losing at home to Ashton United 1-2 in a truly shocking display.

A disappointing end to a campaign that at one stage looked like it could've been really promising. At one stage we had a real shot at reaching the play-off places, but in the end we fell a considerable distance short. Perhaps a case of inexperience in my side playing a part in our collapse. We broke all sorts of records though, and at least looked considerably more competitive this time around. I'm happy, but I could've been happier.

It's going to be a big summer for us, as now it has to be time to push this team forwards. We need to start looking at promotion, not just for the improved competition, but on a financial basis too. The club is leaking money, and there isn't much I can do about it. We're about £100,000 in the red now, and it would've looked even worse had the board not injected £80,000 to help out. There have been significant rumours of a potential change in ownership, but so far nothing has come to fruition. Watch this space for sure.

Disappointingly two key members of our defence have already agreed deals to leave the club. Centre back Jamie McDonnell is going to Glentoran, and impressive young left back Mark Clifford rejected a deal from us and will leave to join Bohemians. It leaves two big holes in our defence, and they will have to be filled in the market as a priority. I anticipate a few more departures too. Zach Clough has disappointed over two seasons for us, and club record goal scorer Faisu Sangare (47 league goals for the club) is unlikely to be offered a new deal. It'll clear significant room on our weekly wage budget, but means a busy summer lies ahead as I look to improve our squad for a play-off push. I'll return at the end of the pre-season with an update on how we got on.

1983891515_LancasterCityCrest.png.191519b3a9087a1a24bb7a277e45e745.png

Lancaster City FC: 2024/25 Season Preview

We're now three seasons into my journey in charge of this football club, and three mid-table finishes have provided a steady base upon which to work forward from.
This is probably the season in which we need to make a slightly bigger step up though, and preferably start looking towards a potential promotion into the Conference National. Keeping this club afloat at this level has been a success, but three years in we should be looking at a significant improvement now. Off the field the club could do with promotion too. Despite a fairly small weekly wage bill, crowds of around 400 for home games isn't helping the finances. We're losing significant amounts of money, and the club needs to start making some money. I would look to be shrewd in the summer market, aiming to strengthen our squad without spending loads of money. I also looked to try and trim the wage bill by getting rid of some players who weren't key figures, or some higher earners I felt could be easily replaced. I would have to focus my summer activity around signing younger players with potential, and steering clear of the more expensive experienced players.

At the start of pre-season it was all about trying to clear some money from our weekly wage bill. The clubs balance sat at around £160,000 in debt, and I felt we simply had to reduce some expenditure this summer. Luckily for us the expiration of a number of player contracts seriously helped. High earners Ahmed Salam, Faisu Sangare and Alex Lacey were all allowed to leave the club at the end of their deals here. More reluctantly we allowed central midfielder Hope Akpan to leave the club. He was my first signing here after taking over, and departed after more than 100 league appearances for the club. 
Veteran 39-year old striker Leon Clarke joined us last season on a free transfer, but opted to retire when he realised I had no intentions of offering him a new contract. He arrived here with huge excitement, but he only managed 3 league goals for us, and didn't justify his £200 per week wage to be a fringe player.
We lost one of our first choice centre backs and brilliant left back Mark Clifford on there pre arranged transfers, but were unable to shift Zach Clough out of the club. His £575 per week wage proving a stumbling block to any potential suitors.

Arrival wise we were quieter than in previous years, but we did manage to fill the gaps that had appeared in our squad. 23-year old Divin Baningime was picked up on a free transfer after his release by Wigan, and looks a more than useful backup to striker Lamine Balde. He scored 29 goals at this level on loan with Nuneaton over the last couple of seasons, and hopefully will bring some of that pedigree with him to us.
Defensively we picked up a number of young prospects, with 18-year old Jean-Claude Matondo the most exciting.

2127234750_Jean-ClaudeMatondo_Profile.png.c4bf73d369476bb0cda40e1f97d346db.png

The Congolese youngster looks a superb pickup for us, after he was released by Nottingham Forest at the end of his youth deal there. He looks like the best player on our books at left back, centre back and holding midfield which is quite remarkable. Towards the end of last season I changed our system to a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, meaning we desperately needed a quality defensive midfielder to sit in front of the defence. He will predominantly play their, but his versatility provides plenty of options for us.
18-year old left back Ray Melligan also joined after his release by Leeds United, and looks like a more than able replacement for the departed Clifford. Were predicted to have a similar season to last time around. The board want a mid-table finish, and the media predict us a 9th placed finish. I want a top-half finish as a minimum, but desperately want us to compete more towards the play-off places. I'd love us to add a good cup run into the mix too. The club needs the funds of a good run, and it would just be a nice boost for us. With any luck it would also help us to get some increased crowds in, which in turn would be a financial benefit.

Think it might be time to have another crack at this. Had a few years away from the challenge (and a dwindling playtime in FM in general) after I could never recapture the love and magic of my mammoth FM12 Kendal save (which IIRC I documented here on my old account). Hopefully I can get into this one! Torn between Morpeth, 10 miles from my hometown, or Warrington, the closest available club to where I live... 

Edited by ecco

BREAKING NEWS

791275515_Screenshot2020-12-02at02_15_06.thumb.png.d4491503f97ed978f1636e12cc88604c.png

In a shock announcement, newly promoted National League North club Warrington Town have hired former American Football coach Ted Lasso as their new manager. 

The appointment has been met with confusion and criticism from the media, however Warrington fans are optimistic that their new boss will hit the ground running and help them avoid relegation.