The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

La Massana - TheSportsDB.com

FS Massana - Youth intake 2022

So we just had the youth intake and I stole a bit of this from @Cheez3y! So thanks, mate! :D

The preview looked promising with an attacking midfielder being centre stage for the intake to come.

RlVWb1a.png

Here is the intake.

G1qrMpk.png

So a lot of talent, but little ability, as expected. However, Hernández 22d looks very promising.

zizUAKw.png

Great mentals, but I don't agree with the coaches that he is a playmaker. That 5 passing is not enough. I'm thinking about making him a central midfielder, perhaps a Mezzela.

And here is the statistics and maps for those who likes it behind a spoiler tag:

Spoiler

JlEJmV8.png

9fJj7yh.png

5eLyKZM.png

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

Jersey Bulls

Jersey Bulls F.C. - Wikipedia

League Table - We led from start to finish.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We lost just the one game, quite late in the season, which is very annoying as it isn't often you can go undefeated.

F. A. Vase - We reached the third round before going out away to ninth tier side Walsall Wood.

Combined Counties Cup - We made it all the way to the final before losing to Cobham.

Pre Season Friendlies - Mostly defeats as we hosted quite a few league clubs.

Squad - Decent enough squad, though we lack depth.

Squad Dynamics - Very good, as expected.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure as Stephen Vaughan rejected a new contract and left for pastures new.

Youth Candidates - Not a great intake, though the likes of Max Coffey YP23A1 may develop into first team players.

Finances - We are a profitable club, so our bank balance is growing.

Key Players

Bert Kelly - Teenage striker who has been a sensation.  He scored an unbelievable 55 goals in 47 appearances.

Felix Ford - Central midfielder who had a great campaign.

Jack Fisher - A good season from the centre back.

Peter Ralls-Green - Playing on the left wing, he hit double figures for assists.

Ben Symes - This midfielder had a decent year, though he can play better.

Next Season

Another promotion or am I being greedy?

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   National C ↑           5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Fairly basic ↑   Fairly basic ↑↑    Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      47        39        5        3         117              35                 +82

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          47        39        5        3         117              35                 +82              317 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Division One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Division One (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                                                Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Division One        1st          N/a                          N/a           Promoted as champions.  Third round of F. A. Vase.  Runners up in Combined Counties Cup

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Ed Musselwhite YP22O15                    5

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2021/22    Les Burgess YP22K11                          1

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2021/22    Les Burgess YP22K11                         2

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Ed Musselwhite YP22O15                     1

Edited by DazRTaylor

1 hour ago, XaW said:

FS Massana - Youth intake 2022

So we just had the youth intake and I stole a bit of this from @Cheez3y! So thanks, mate! :D

The preview looked promising with an attacking midfielder being centre stage for the intake to come.

RlVWb1a.png

Here is the intake.

G1qrMpk.png

So a lot of talent, but little ability, as expected. However, Hernández 22d looks very promising.

zizUAKw.png

Great mentals, but I don't agree with the coaches that he is a playmaker. That 5 passing is not enough. I'm thinking about making him a central midfielder, perhaps a Mezzela.

And here is the statistics and maps for those who likes it behind a spoiler tag:

Reveal hidden contents

JlEJmV8.png

9fJj7yh.png

5eLyKZM.png

Love it.

FC United of Manchester ; season 2030/31

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table ; A one year cameo in League Two as I get promoted as runner-up. It definitely beats the 8 years that I was stuck in the Conference! I also managed to get to the Third Round of the FA Cup, with a visit to Anfield bringing in about €1m in ticket money.

Squad ; None of the players are ranked as higher than League Two standard so next year might be a challenge. Having said that, none of my players are likely to be poached either.

Starting 11 ; Francis was again the main man; bagging 33 goals this season.

Transfers ; Absolutely nothing of note, which is fine by me.

Youth Candidates ; I am swamped with wingers and no decent defenders in sight. Charlie Taylor is the pick of the bunch.

Next season expectations ; Fight bravely against relegation in League One.

FS Massana - Youth intake 2023

The preview indicates an excellent intake and a goalkeeper is highlighted.

MFoqbbv.png

And the intake was really good. Two excellent players and more great ones.

gEFKNDj.png

Still, almost all of them are central midfielder, so I think I to do some retraining soon. I have too many of them!

8nNTbec.png

Great as a defensive minded midfielder, but also has good technique. Very interesting player.

IIxWuZy.png

This guy is more of a playmaker type player. Should become very useful.

Statistics:

Spoiler

Got in some African countries now, including 2 Zambians, one who is Zambian-Andorran, and I really don't think that's a common dual nationality! Also a Cameroonian-Andorran player!

YaAGU1x.png

I put the Basque flag roughly correct over Bilbao. If I had put it closer to San Sebastian or southern France it would overlap with the Andorran one too much.

hxAbjDC.png

Ht2Ohcy.png

On 31/12/2020 at 00:54, JAwtunes said:

image.thumb.png.71f36a745899da8be0ef96767da2730b.png

Widzew Lodz (FM20)

Season 2 (2021-22) - Review

On the pitch

Starting 11

image.thumb.png.2d5e1546de332fb6fabcbacff88735f5.png

PKO Ekstraklasa – 1st. The polish top division features 16 teams with a regular season of 30 games, before the top and bottom 8 teams split into championship and relegation groups.  We managed to secure a fifth national title for Widzew, the first since 1997.  Our league form was patchy, starting extremely well before crashing in the second half of the season.  However, we did manage to pick up for our last 10 or so games and went into the championship group with a 4 point lead, eventually winning by 8 points.  

image.png.f73c94c05db48685bb767140c2bf8b73.png

image.png.393308d3e37e01eeb5b554c2d9e431e6.png

Polish cup – 1st Round. As defending champions I was hoping to be able to put up some sort of fight in the cup.  Clearly fielding a rotated team for our one and only tie in the cup was an error.  We were held to a 1-1 draw by lower league opposition and went out on penalties - the board were not happy.

image.png.40c3dca433d2a8a28f589c1e039dc751.png

UEFA Europa Conference League – 4th qualifying round. Our success in the Polish Cup last year meant we qualified for the Europe Conference League.  We didn't manage to make it to the group stages but we played very well in our tie with Everton, only losing out on away goals.  Our performances against Everton were very encouraging, particularly when considering they fielded near full strength sides, but Everton just managed to create a few more clear-cut and half chances.

image.png.409b4d5d11ac9c32a22b499348bbc2dc.png

Reveal hidden contents

First leg

image.png.e55d86d70f0f9176c5a4b01d97e768a0.png

Second leg

image.png.b76daf3d19b67bcdc316514025c7c0f2.png

Off the pitch

The board allowed me to complete more coaching badges during this season and sanctioned improvements to the training facilities.  Disappointingly though, there has been no option to request increased academy coaching or recruitment spend.  Our attendance was ~17.5k, putting us fourth highest in the league.

During the season we suffered a few fairly significant injuries, the biggest being that suffered by our eventual player of the season (despite missing the final third of the season) M Mozdzen, a 31 CM who plays as our playmaker.  Mozdzen was comfortably our best CM at the start of the season, but a hip injury (which will keep him out for 4-5 months in total) has already resulted in massive drops in attributes across the board.  We have a real shortage of decent CMs and I can only see Mozdzen declining further next season.  We will be praying to the youth intake gods for a CM next season :)

Reveal hidden contents

Player of the season

image.thumb.png.760e5bfc36c019cf2deb47e9c3c7ca03.png

We have some positive news regarding our 2021 youth intake (i.e. last season's intake).  One player in particular, M Klepczarek, is showing real promise and is starting to force his way into the first team.  M Klepczarek looks like a very capable CD and has already made 9 league starts at the age of 17.  Our most improved player from the 2021 intake is Jakub Budzinski, a striker who... cant shoot.  I am hoping he may be able to replace Mozdzen in the centre of our midfield in a few seasons, but certainly has a way to go to get anywhere near the level of pre-injury stricken Mozdzen.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.fb60c82370d249b6a654d945cd0f4bc8.png

Reveal hidden contents

Most improved from 2021 intake

image.thumb.png.573b5f0ce7ae053b0a78bb546eba7497.png

Summary

image.thumb.png.f7ae82c0da689d7c054761178a457a0b.png

Free tip if you don't know it already - in Poland you're getting a squad reward for playing u21 players (and homegrowns), around 500-600k for the highest amount of minutes in top division.

PS - Check what club your best striker was playing in :D

FS Massana Season 2022/23 review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Okay, I'm either a genius, or the league is very close here. And I actually think it's the last, since I'm only using a very basic 4-4-2 with very few instructions. Anyway, we won it! So we are going into Europe next season in the Champions League! Really amazing, but I'm having so much fun playing here in Andorra.

In the Protecvall Constitució Cup we beat Encamp before losing to Engordany in the Quarter final.

A couple of the youth players were involved this season. Albert Hernández 22d is a regular for the first team already.

RSXBQlS.png

th.jpg.c5f78e18d3292dd5794bb9419294d7df.jpg

ACS Kids Tâmpa Braşov - Season 2022/23

League - We had a great second season in the league pulling of a remarkable second place finish overall and qualifying for the Championship playoff.

Liga II Championships Playoff - With the fantastic finish to the regular league season we looked to bring that form in to the playoff picking up a win, draw and a loss in the first three games. Then my three star players decided they wanted a move to a bigger club great timing they all kicked up a fuss and we managed to go on and lose the remaining 7 games, just falling out of the last playoff spot. With it looking like we may have to move a few on I doubt I will get the same chance next season and luckily all the board want is to avoid finishing bottom again. 

Cupa Romaniei - Knocked out at the first try against lower league opposition again.

Finances were terrible and we were 150K in the red but the chairman pumped 250K in to help with the running cost which was nice although its back down towards the red again

Other Screenshot

Squad - Tactic - League Schedule - Championship Playoff ScheduleTransfers - Finances - Best 11 -  The Accolades 2 - Commercial - Overall Best 11

130280b9e911682dcd942bcc7c2434e4.thumb.png.11998e16f59c36581b16b13cc50d058b.png

19 hours ago, Gbrexiton said:

Can’t you just copy their name in game from the bar at the top, and then paste it?

yes that's a good way but i need to relabel them with the tag(s) so thats why i do it from excell (copy the name with tag)  and paste them in the 'set nickname' field.

Excelsior Maassluis 2039/40 Season Review

10513986250a4c107a1f37702946ee32.png

4e50e4a25328881fda9e12e1d847aceb.png

d13ae778a60796b7a06b30d7cff536e0.png

Picked up the domestic treble again, and I think unless disaster strikes it will be a long time before we lose the league.

a32b80431f57a21c175b011948ada44d.png

14f39ca5e871e3b57b0e08c82b9e2b8a.png

This was extremely disappointing. We finally got a group I thought we could get out of, and then we were smashed at home in our first two games, against St Gallen of all teams. I'm going to have to watch our home matches and see what's going on, because we are getting much better results away from home in Europe. So frustrating.

a862dd7b104ed03d14cd65f34bb5d7c0.png

Glenn Schermer 10A*  -  Alex Smith 9B*  -   Steven Been 12B*

a494ad443bcb7974b79ae024f81e299b.png

Not much has changed in terms of our strongest lineup, except for the fact that our all time appearance leader Selorm Mohammed 5B has been phased out by exciting youngster Shabani. Our CM and other Danish international Sten Toft has also been christened as a wonderkid, meaning we have developed three players given that distinction. 

Record Breakers

ea46a2f151ad2f61e03e1dab1b1e9e22.png

Veterans doing veteran things. Oh, and Witteveen being an absolute freak.

Youth Intake

947df7db2279049104212a23efd820b6.png

Renzo Mbikulu 19A  -  Bob de Jong 19B*  -  Sander de Graaf 19C

I completely forgot to screenshot the intake when it happened, but there's only one player missing which is our 19C. I was told this was a horrible intake. But we have a 5 star promising striker with a horrible personality (he will be subject to fines) and a driven 4* PA midfielder. So if that was horrible, I'd love to see what they think an excellent intake is!

Transfers

94aca0ebc08ae5b4b39b5b01392059ed.png

A few loans, but I think I won't be loaning players out anymore, it's destroying our depth. 

Progress

423dadbad82900a5ff1c928c3c6eafb1.png

11 hours ago, Bigpole said:

Free tip if you don't know it already - in Poland you're getting a squad reward for playing u21 players (and homegrowns), around 500-600k for the highest amount of minutes in top division.

PS - Check what club your best striker was playing in :D

Oh yeah, good spot mate. It's like the Polish FA is doing this FM challenge too!

image.png.c016e92009c0980de6f42235de93b059.png

Do you mean 9. Przemyslaw Banaszak?  I haven't heard of his former teams, but it looks like he's done a Vardy and come up through the leagues.

Edited by JAwtunes

21 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

Never saw anyone since my start in this challenge in Polish league with such amazing 2 seasons and great intake since start of this game even with Widzew which is ofc the best club you can manage in Poland ;)

It's been fun mate but I am slow at getting though the seasons and know nothing about Polish football - but enjoying learning.  I have discovered I hate Lech Poznan as they keep beating me.

My youth intake was great in the first season but poor in the second season, hopefully that was a blip and my new Model Citizen HoYD and some upgrades can help with that.

Forza Widzew!! (I doubt that's something a real Widzew fan would ever say... but i'm still learning :))

21 hours ago, jmonfu said:

Not just in Poland..................anywhere!  Pretty damn good to finish top in consecutive seasons, we have the next Mourinho :)

That's my third season cursed lol.  Tbh, Widzew are a big team out of position due to relegation for financial mismanagement so maybe not as impressive as it looks at first glance - but I appreciate the positive word. Thanks!

Our success is in no small part down to a tactic I built just for this type of 'underdog' save.  I think this sums us up pretty well, loads of fouls/yellow cards and loads of crosses into the box.  Big Sam would be pleased.

image.png.573ce00302bec734aad6460edb03b50f.png

image.png.8e4b3b9a473022584f04107bf433cf1c.png

1 hour ago, JAwtunes said:

Do you mean 9. Przemyslaw Banaszak?  I haven't heard of his former teams, but it looks like he's done a Vardy and come up through the leagues.

I'm a Chełmianka researcher one of his former clubs where he shoot up and was top scorer, and now he's in your club, basically despised and hated in my City :D

FS Massana - Youth intake 2024

The preview tells of a promising left back from Spain, and a talented midfielder.

8sCpdx7.png

So, there are two promising left backs, but I don't know which is the midfielder. Lots of talent here though, albeit mostly very poor personalities.

vHM1Y5Q.png

zET9TFY.png

Aleix 24f is the promising left back. Not bad for this level, I'd say, and he is not far of the first team.

Statistics:

Spoiler

We got in a Romanian and a Malian to add to the statistics, also quite few Andorrans this season compared to what I'd expect.

PidGi6J.png

dW7YZPI.png

DhaYR8E.png

1344.png.00dc55837da68dd0c4cc4ea5059f093f.png

End Of Season Review 2026 - Eliteserien (1st tier)

https://i.gyazo.com/2f45d8f700c7be3e1a7eee73d57fa308.png

And yes, thats a trophy!

Media Prediction

Still 2000-1, nah.

Coaching Badges: Cont. A Licence -> Cont. Pro Licence -> Done!

Transfers: Part 1 + Part 2

More clean up.

Also 2 players our on loan to develop them.

Former Youth Players: Part 1 + Part 2

https://i.gyazo.com/b4c69aa304de849c447bc7fae1f3f7c1.png

2026 Part 1 + 2026 Part 2

Many many debuts over the year.

Also we got an U19 Euro Winner.

https://i.gyazo.com/be2ae553b353814e6acda3bd7fcdf485.png https://i.gyazo.com/e3509aaab06d3063360e0e8c9fccccf8.png

The team picked up some steam in 2nd part of the season.

Games:

League Part 1 + League Part 2

Braathens Cup

https://i.gyazo.com/b9641b77e04e89e1e5a773b3ad967aea.png

https://i.gyazo.com/cc8c8748105e52c2685de52dadc62b93.png

Finally we got a performance analyst.

Yeah...our biggest problem is the defense.

https://i.gyazo.com/531ae729884aa91b940d4877779543bf.png

The best players all on long contracts.

Only Massini is not willin to sign a new one.

But tbh, he can go. He is a midget to be a keeper.

Viggo had his best season.

And Kirkerod and Kosberg played a solid first season.

https://i.gyazo.com/0200372b21eafa3dee5ec4644796ed31.png

Our U19 are Oslo champions again.

https://i.gyazo.com/ce1c9dd04e60b6f6672adafa45a5e521.png

Undefeaded more over 2 years in the league.

https://i.gyazo.com/5205edc3eb9d2559ea6810d7b5c06ba3.png

But this will change, then..

https://i.gyazo.com/a5f4a76479ef4b198a4e2cda2eace2eb.png https://i.gyazo.com/e071770403e4ec332d08254e47788074.png

Lets see how we do next year there.

Top 5 Regens:

https://i.gyazo.com/636183131dbb5eda8cc25bcbb0b54949.png

https://i.gyazo.com/981195bf4fdfacec9a405b5d5ad294ea.png

https://i.gyazo.com/ec07ef96d45efb665b7d46ed2ad53152.png

https://i.gyazo.com/3e685d9f8b2a62d2c73dfc777a2e09a7.png

https://i.gyazo.com/4a6454b59d4c6ff1abb7d1d795f62b89.png

Time for Euro League action next season!

2 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

That's my third season cursed lol.  Tbh, Widzew are a big team out of position due to relegation for financial mismanagement so maybe not as impressive as it looks at first glance - but I appreciate the positive word. Thanks!

Our success is in no small part down to a tactic I built just for this type of 'underdog' save.  I think this sums us up pretty well, loads of fouls/yellow cards and loads of crosses into the box.  Big Sam would be pleased.

image.png.573ce00302bec734aad6460edb03b50f.png

image.png.8e4b3b9a473022584f04107bf433cf1c.png

In Poland in first 5 seasons if you don't win cup and league its quite almost impossible to do something you will strugle to what other teams are buying and to quality of your intake. You can't compare quality of them and at the end basicly its hard to hold your players when foreign clubs will start to get for your players. The seasons are long and that is the bigest problem. In Polish league now PZPN is changing structure so in season 20/21 only one team is relegated from tier 1 and 2 becouse they will change Eksstraklasa league size to 18 teams and remove the promotion and relegation group stage so after update mby in winter you will be able to play faster in Poland.  I mainly have in every FM around 10-12 seasons in Polish league and in fm20 I have bigest success with fanmade database of 6 tiers of league when I get Arkonia Szczecin from bottom of no where to one 2nd place in Ekstraklasa and 2 Polish Cup Winners + 2 quarter finals in Euro Cup :)

FS Massana Season 2023/24 review

We retained the title, but our go in Europe showed me that I'm not the genius as I hoped to say. Still, a domestic clean sweep is a very good season, and it helped out financially as well. I've gotten approved an improvement of the youth facilities that are under construction, and I'm trying to increase everything else as well. Still, the intake this season was worse than before, so I think we need some better players to do well in Europe.

In the Protecvall Constitució Cup we beat Lusitanos, Carroi and Santa Coloma to reach the final. There we beat Atlètic Escalades to claim our first cup win.

In the Champions League we had a very short first stint when we lost to Welsh side TNS in the 1st preliminary round.

Then we went into the Europa Conference League where we lost to Icelandic side Breiðablik in the 2nd qualifying round.

njcABG5.png

37 minutes ago, XaW said:

I just have to say I love the name of one of the Zambian fellows.. Toaster Mayembe is a fantastic name!

whtbIY6.png

I had a youth player....Marvelous Sibanda.....dual England-Zimbabwe national.  I went to look for a recent screen cap of him but he has retired from the game.

1344.png.00dc55837da68dd0c4cc4ea5059f093f.png

Youth Intake 2027

https://i.gyazo.com/126ea38f5d7d2070202c12901ea70cf1.png

Uhhh I really love this intake.

Its seems like we finally gettin players from all over Norway.

And the personalities are gettin better overall.

I think we got a little gem in the portugues guy.

Also we got 2 guys from Follo. @XaW

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/075d7981d14ef975852b3aa33ff22e30.png

https://i.gyazo.com/995f02fc5980a57fb8fc95b75f44eb2a.png

https://i.gyazo.com/51ec7ef8a721d6b95b4fab672b471d6a.png

https://i.gyazo.com/da7851fad19798d016e6aa3de50f54b4.png

https://i.gyazo.com/8f534efd39809a9b04ac96bb1b6b095b.png

https://i.gyazo.com/6dd983975fbc15fc790e27ad3566f35a.png https://i.gyazo.com/369e6b6537bf0724134fc1e586367876.png

https://i.gyazo.com/881c7a4093aa0f2fea1efd1daba31814.png

https://i.gyazo.com/f98f725c43116a7a5707293bd462074e.png https://i.gyazo.com/01cca25a93dcd93f6bd6602f024dc8cf.png https://i.gyazo.com/34b4be5f4f57142d9fbebe7b0ecb6b41.png

We got our 2nd player from Kosovo, but this time born in Kosovo.

Also we got our 2nd South American from Venezuela.

And Finland made his debut.

https://i.gyazo.com/9d42e16df33fe7aabe663d2225b68482.png 

https://i.gyazo.com/9e64e620de1f88f33f9955f77d6ddfad.png

https://i.gyazo.com/00aa132d51e9de0c73dc1a2ebcb20c3c.png

FS Massana - Youth intake 2025

A central defender is something I need, so happy to see the preview showing that one is one the way.

TCgufuf.png

Pretty good potential-wise. Not very good personalities though. I'd change my HoYD if there were any good one available, but there isn't.

DeEwTRf.png

cQAz1D9.png

Javi Sevilla 25f was the promised central defender, and I'm quite happy. Good in the air, great bravery and not horrible technicals, so I'm more than pleased.

Statistics:

Spoiler

Not much new things to show here, only a couple of new cities.

LSKBbKk.png

dW7YZPI.png

DhaYR8E.png

image.png.fffed62601047eb0cdaaaa17215b5497.png

ACN Siena 1904 - 2026/27 Season Review

2042979112_FinalLeagueTable.png.edcbe460675f36cb58f3e16e0c4ae515.png

For the first time in my six year stint in charge of ACN Siena 1904, we finished in the top half of the Lega Pro Girone B, which allowed me to challenge for the right to be promoted to Serie B through the playoffs. We managed to beat Teramo 3-1, but were eventually beaten 2-1 by Pontedera in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Pontedera were beaten in the Semi-Finals by eventual winners Südtirol, so I'm not that concerned by it. We did miss out on the chance to relegation our rivals Sambenedettese, who were eventually relegated anyway, but of the biggest thorns in my sides have finally been dispatched. Which for me is delightful.

380665482_MircoScarpato130627.png.51a3e92a1f7e24b38123b26d0bca247b.png

We had a new player step up to the plate this season. Micro Scarpato has come of age this season after I made the call to drop Rokas Krusnauskas, who despite scoring over 70 goals for me in the last five seasons, I felt wasn't going to get any better and our younger strikers were going to be hindered if I didn't give them a chance in the near future. So I took the risk with Scarpato and he grabbed the opportunity with both hands. Scarpato scored 17 league goals this year and scored 2 goals to help us beat Teramo.

We managed to upgrade our training facilities, our youth recruitment and junior coaching after the end of last season. I just wish I knew how much it would cost to maintain overall though. That wasn't fun.

1549036134_SeasonStats.png.c9d778ae5800b4e6673939981fbede06.png

FS Massana Season 2024/25 review

Woop! Quick seasons are so much fun! And we did another domestic clean sweep, although it was not as easy at it might seem! We were not first for a long time in the league, and it was only because of poor form from Atlètic Escalades that we won it with a nice margin. We still are very poor in Europe though, so we have a lot to work on.

In the Protecvall Constitució Cup we beat At. Amèrica and Engordany to reach the final. There we crushed Carroi to claim the trophy. 

In the Champions League we got thumped by Kazakh side FK Astana in the 1st qualifying round.

Over to the Europa Conference League where we really lost the first leg big to Ararat-Armenia of Armenia. We did just about win the return leg, but overall we lost clearly. So still not much progress in Europe.

8CECEVi.png

Well, I’m for the first time in this challenge having an awkward moment where I don’t know what my best formation is. So it sounds somewhat silly, but I’m at a stage after 6 seasons that most of the original team has been replaced and that I’ve got so many potentially talented players that are trained on positions I don’t use. What an annoying headache for have.