[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues

• SI Staff
On 08/01/2021 at 21:50, nickname1010 said:

Here is a video example where I was trying to add $95,000p/a salary player to my registration, but game somehow adds $440,000p to my salary cap

I don't think we've seen this specific issue before, and it doesn't appear to reproduce for us in generic save games. If you've still got it to hand and reproducing, could you upload your save to our cloud service please? Thanks

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Regarding the salary cap impact of the $151k p/a player, any transfers costs divided by the length of the contract in years are added to the salary cap impact of said player. Would the transfer fee/agent fee/etc account for this additional $593k p/a impact?

Ok, so you are saying that if the contract is

• $4 million (= $4,000k) transfer fee
  • 4 years long
  • $100k loyalty bonus
  • $151k p annual salary

Then salary impact won't be just $176k/a ($151k/a salary + $100k/4years loyalty). It is actually going to be $1176k/a (but limited by max salary cap which is $744k/year in my case), because 1 million which you get from 4 million / 4 years will be added to the salary cap as well as $25k from $100k / 4years loyalty bonus?

Wow... I didn't know that.. and that does explain what I have posted earlier. I always assumed Salary budget charge would just be sum of player's salary + player's loyalty bonus, excluding transfer fee that my club would pay to the player's previous club.

Since registration page does not show anything about transfer fee, it was difficult to figure out where that extra money was coming from.

Edited by nickname1010

I guess it has already been mentioned : the salary of the players waived on March 1st (registration date February 26 + 3 days) continue to be taken into account in the salary cap (released players salary cap impact). As if the players under guarateed contrat only left the club three days after the regaistration.   

1574552691_MinnesotaUnitedFC_SeniorSquad.png.791e51b58c8077f41be4f2d7b2629be0.png1549428639_MinnesotaUnitedFC_TransferHistory.png.f8ee0d27b6d92777e84c6bc6a73f271b.png

Edited by Aubibeen69

I only HEARD about this bug -- I haven't experienced it myself, so I have no evidence. Another player reported that if you register MLS players for the Gold Cup they don't actually show up, they get stuck 'travelling' to the international squad.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, SaintsCanada said:

I only HEARD about this bug -- I haven't experienced it myself, so I have no evidence. Another player reported that if you register MLS players for the Gold Cup they don't actually show up, they get stuck 'travelling' to the international squad.

Thanks, if you or anyone else experiences such an issue please raise it here and provide a save where to the SI Cloud server where this can be reproduced.

Not sure if this has been answered before, but contracts seemed to be bugged. Every time I start a save at the first available MLS date, no MLS contracts expire at the end of 2020, you're basically forced to run it back with the same team that you would've had before. Instead, every player that would've expired then gets an extra year tacked on. Is there a way to fix this?

• SI Staff
Just now, DZastr22 said:

Not sure if this has been answered before, but contracts seemed to be bugged. Every time I start a save at the first available MLS date, no MLS contracts expire at the end of 2020, you're basically forced to run it back with the same team that you would've had before. Instead, every player that would've expired then gets an extra year tacked on. Is there a way to fix this?

This is intentional. This was a decision taken this year internally due to the unique situation we find ourselves in and having to start a new game so close to the end of the season. 

11 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This is intentional. This was a decision taken this year internally due to the unique situation we find ourselves in and having to start a new game so close to the end of the season. 

Is there any way for me to play without this change, or will contracts always act this way?

Il y a 23 heures, DZastr22 a dit :

Is there any way for me to play without this change, or will contracts always act this way?

If you start in Europe, for instance, in the Summer 2020, many contracts expire in December 2020. Actually, it happened before the updates, with my very first game when FM21 was released. Not sure this is stil the case.

Edited by Aubibeen69

I was just wondering if the MLS roster bug with the expansion draft and new gens signing by their parent club and everything was fixed in the save because i want to start up a MLS save and not sure if these fixes have been fixed or not because i know it was a bug before but didn't see anything in the update so that's why i am asking.. thanks

Le 19/01/2021 à 05:02, Sebastian Szlenkier a dit :

Thanks, if you or anyone else experiences such an issue please raise it here and provide a save where to the SI Cloud server where this can be reproduced.

Summary: Gold Cup bug

Description of Issue: several players are considered travelling when the Gold Cup starts. For instance, Canada has only 18 players ready for playing instead of 23. The missing player in my save are Milan Borjan (Red Star Belgrade), Samuel Piette and Liam Millar (Montreal Impact), Jonathan Osorio and Richie Laryea (Toronto FC). 

Steps to Reproduce: N/A 

Files Uploaded : Aubibeen - Gold Cup Trj

EDIT: impossible to open the cloud... I will try again later.

EDIT: uplaod succeeded on January 22, 21:51 HE

Edited by Aubibeen69

4 hours ago, Style said:

its unacceptable that is almost 3 mounths since the release and the MLS still unplayable. i known all the issues are known but we hope for fix soon.

3 months? It's been like this since about FM15.

Hi, 

i don't know if it's an issue or a something wrong done by this french user but here is his issue.

- First he's playing with Colorado rapids, 

i've to google-translate his post for more precision for you : 

The first was the wage bill that had exceeded the ceiling following the return of an injured player. By lowering the latter's salary through the general allocation, the problem was solved.

BUT

While I have just recruited a free player, I adjust the general allocated funds and lower them to the maximum (1 million euros remaining). I can no longer touch this fund or the salaries of my players. But in the player registration, the validation key "Test modification only" is greyed out and unusable.

I don't see what I can do to validate my recruit's registration and continue my career. I am constantly in "Required Response"...

He attached his save game on the cloud with the name Sébastien - Colorado Rapids.fm

Are you aware about an issue like that ? Or it's the user who done a wrong thing ?

I uploaded a save (name: 'Buy_down_salary_cap_bug.fm') where I can't buy down some players' salary cap. What I have observed is that I was able to reduce salary cap of few high salary players, but wasn't able to buy down salary of low cap players. In the particular save that I uploaded, 'Michael Davis', 'Roberto Carlos Garcia', 'Marcel Ruszel', 'Doug Lee' are some examples where I can't reduce their salary cap. On the other hand, I was able to reduce salary cap impact of 'Diogo Pinto', 'Ahmed Kadhim', etc.

The horizontal scroller is stuck at the left most place, so I cannot reduce it further by scrolling it to the left.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 12.08.28 AM.png

• 3 weeks later...

With the issues surrounding the rest of the game I can't even be bothered to go start a save to test out the MLS fixes. Hopefully the MLS is now properly playable, and continues to be so in FM22. If it is, then well done to those involved in listening to the community and fixing what was broken.

The save will follow.

Two issues:

Charlotte cannot take part to the waiver draft in December 2021. I can pick the players by right-clicking , all of them if I want to, but I cannot access to the list of players. As soon as I click on "Continue", the draft is over. If I click on "Continue" without picking any player, the AI picks players for me.

1691294664_MarkBeaubien_Inbox.png.1ea78d3efda67a38f9718e74cb0783a2.png

99154764_MarkBeaubien_Inbox-2.png.b942c113c8eb1541994321e397ada1d8.png

Second issue: the expansion draft. Even if we are in December 2021, Austin still take part to the expansion draft. FYI, I started the game on 2021/02/15, so the expansion draft of 2020 for Austin did not occur in my game.

789291493_MajorLeagueSoccer_Draft.png.30488c75f2bcc78c7f5bf9746e8f136a.png

Summary: Draft December 2021 bug with Charlotte FC

Description of Issue: the AI picks players for Charlotte in the Waiver Draft of December 2021 & Austin takes part to the expansion draft of December 2021

Files Uploaded : Aubibeen - Drafts issue December 2021

File uploaded on 2021/02/28 - 12:26 PM ET

Edited by Aubibeen69

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, Aubibeen69 said:

The save will follow.

Two issues:

Charlotte cannot take part to the waiver draft in December 2021. I can pick the players by right-clicking , all of them if I want to, but I cannot access to the list of players. As soon as I click on "Continue", the draft is over. If I click on "Continue" without picking any player, the AI picks players for me.

1691294664_MarkBeaubien_Inbox.png.1ea78d3efda67a38f9718e74cb0783a2.png

99154764_MarkBeaubien_Inbox-2.png.b942c113c8eb1541994321e397ada1d8.png

Second issue: the expansion draft. Even if we are in December 2021, Austin still take part to the expansion draft. FYI, I started the game on 2021/02/15, so the expansion draft of 2020 for Austin did not occur in my game.

789291493_MajorLeagueSoccer_Draft.png.30488c75f2bcc78c7f5bf9746e8f136a.png

Summary: Draft December 2021 bug with Charlotte FC

Description of Issue: the AI picks players for Charlotte in the Waiver Draft of December 2021 & Austin takes part to the expansion draft of December 2021

Files Uploaded : Aubibeen - Drafts issue December 2021

File uploaded on 2021/02/28 - 12:26 PM ET

Thanks, this does seem like it was caused by the start date chosen as this does not occur if using the default start date. Thanks, this is now with our team and is under review.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Aubibeen69 said:

Charlotte has only Superdraft round picks for 2023 and 2025, not for 2024.

1720001881_CharlotteFootballClub_ChoixdeDraft-2.png.e4d615e4027dd77b7b7e32d3e10efb85.png

Was this with that same save file where you started using a later start date? Either way, could you please upload a save file and we'll look into it, thanks! 

On 23/02/2021 at 17:04, Mars_Blackmon said:

Looks promising. Curious to see if it’s long term playable now.

I haven't touched the game in a few months since I'm mostly interested in MLS and don't play much outside of that... Is it playable now!? I don't want to start a new save and get my hopes up...

12 minutes ago, Matty86 said:

I haven't touched the game in a few months since I'm mostly interested in MLS and don't play much outside of that... Is it playable now!? I don't want to start a new save and get my hopes up...

Have no idea. Haven’t played since new patch. 

I don't know. I have tried with Charlotte only and it looks worse than before the update 21.3. New issues, difficult to sign good foreign players especially DP.  The reputation of the club seems to remain to low.

5 hours ago, Aubibeen69 said:

I don't know. I have tried with Charlotte only and it looks worse than before the update 21.3. New issues, difficult to sign good foreign players especially DP.  The reputation of the club seems to remain to low.

SI already responded and said the issue is because you stated the game in the future. I don't think games started in 2020 have those issues

Il y a 5 heures, francis#17 a dit :

SI already responded and said the issue is because you stated the game in the future. I don't think games started in 2020 have those issues

I have begun a new game from December 2020. The Waiver Draft and the expansion Draft are now O.K. but it looks difficult to sign DP. Many are interested according to my staff but refuse to discuss when you negociate. Actually, the team building is difficult because the GAM are very low. Charlotte only receive $1.1M GAM but all other league clubs receive $2.68M GAM. Charlotte should receive an extra-GAM as expansion team, instead she gets less than the half of other clubs. And it is difficult to sign DP...

There are new issues unfortunately.

I have a good save initiated before the update that works better, even if I had to modify a little bit the db thanks to the Editor (all staff from MLS and many Americain coaches with 20 as "Depth"). 

Edited by Aubibeen69

10 minutes ago, Aubibeen69 said:

I have begun a new game from December 2020. The Waiver Draft and the expansion Draft are now O.K. but it looks difficult to sign DP. Many are interested but they refuse to discuss when you negociate. Actually, the team building is difficult because the GAM are very low.

Which types of players are you trying to sign? It might just be that they are too good for your club

il y a 3 minutes, francis#17 a dit :

Which types of players are you trying to sign? It might just be that they are too good for your club

Those who are interested, according to my scouts. But the main problem is the GAM: only $1.1M in 2022 instead of 2.68M + extra GAM for expansion.

Anyway, it is more difficult, not so bad finally... :) But the board wants me to spend my budget, which is very difficult indeed.

Edited by Aubibeen69

6 minutes ago, Aubibeen69 said:

Those who are interested, according to my scouts. But the main problem is the GAM: only $1.1M in 2022 instead of 2.68M + extra GAM for expansion.

Anyway, it is more difficult, not so bad finally... :) But the board wants me to spend my budget, which is very difficult indeed.

Ah ok, is that a data issue then? 

Does AI squad building look better?

With my save 21.0, in 2023, most of the team have 27+ players. The minimum is 23. The transferts are good, the team are competitive even of some of them do not succeed (Nashville and Miami especially). I have also included the development of players using the youth system in the vision of each club, to make them include young players to the team and improve the depth.

Not to bad so far but I want to try with the update now... But my game with Charlotte is unpleasant so far... Still looking for better option.

By the way, the schedule for Canadian teams is awful ! With my save 21.0, I am playing the CCL. I play continental games on Tuesdays but have a game on Thursday and another one on Saturday. Four games in eight days ! This is really boring...

Another problem: the AI never trade players inside the league. The exchanges inside the league only concern International Slots and draft rounds, 21.3 update or not.

Edited by Aubibeen69

I'm still experiencing many issues especially with AI trade logic and squad building. AI seems to only be interested in trading for players during a brief window at the end of the season (around mid-december), I usually take advantage of that and amass valuable assets like GAM and picks which I can use for buying down salary impact or make key trades. After that period AI is uninterested in trading for players until next december, though they often try to trade for International Slots. Apart from that same old issues persist, with AI for example trading $1M GAM plus two first round picks for my (decent) goalkeeper Alex Bono in december just to waive him the following march (of course I can easily sign him for free after he clears waivers). GK's in particular are often object of weird transfer activity, such as being signed and immediately released by teams multiple times in the same season. Also, still not sure if youth intakes are working properly in USA (very few players have been created in the MLS academies, and even fewer in non-MLS youth clubs, is that supposed to happen?)

• SI Staff
On 06/03/2021 at 18:09, Aubibeen69 said:

Another problem: the AI never trade players inside the league. The exchanges inside the league only concern International Slots and draft rounds, 21.3 update or not.

Thanks, this is something we'll look into and see where we can fine tune this.

On 12/03/2021 at 22:53, kandersson said:

I'm still experiencing many issues especially with AI trade logic and squad building. AI seems to only be interested in trading for players during a brief window at the end of the season (around mid-december), I usually take advantage of that and amass valuable assets like GAM and picks which I can use for buying down salary impact or make key trades. After that period AI is uninterested in trading for players until next december, though they often try to trade for International Slots. Apart from that same old issues persist, with AI for example trading $1M GAM plus two first round picks for my (decent) goalkeeper Alex Bono in december just to waive him the following march (of course I can easily sign him for free after he clears waivers). GK's in particular are often object of weird transfer activity, such as being signed and immediately released by teams multiple times in the same season. Also, still not sure if youth intakes are working properly in USA (very few players have been created in the MLS academies, and even fewer in non-MLS youth clubs, is that supposed to happen?)

Do you have a save file before the Alex Bono trade? If so, could you please upload a save file to the SI Cloud server and we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

@Sebastian Szlenkier sorry I don't have a save before that trade. Btw I don't think the trade per se was an issue as Bono was valued around $4M and was MLS GK of the year as well as the starting keeper of a team that won MLS and CL (there were a few teams interested so I offered the player for his value and accepted the best offer I received). The issue is his new team (I believe it's NYRB) waiving him at march after investing such assets in a trade just a couple of months earlier.

Edited by kandersson

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, kandersson said:

@Sebastian Szlenkier sorry I don't have a save before that trade. Btw I don't think the trade per se was an issue as Bono was valued around $4M and was MLS GK of the year as well as the starting keeper of a team that won MLS and CL (there were a few teams interested so I offered the player for his value and accepted the best offer I received). The issue is his new team (I believe it's NYRB) waiving him at march after investing such assets in a trade just a couple of months earlier.

Yes of course, it would be more to track as to why they no longer see him as a value asset a few months down the line. If you see something like this again then let us know and we'll take a look into it.

On 13/12/2020 at 02:02, Jawni said:

I've won now 2 MLS cups in a row. It shows up in my milestones but not on any of my players'. Campeones Cup does tho.

Also, as mentioned before, there was no celebration of either the MLS Cups, but there was for Campeones Cup

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-12 180123.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-12 180040.png

Also have the same problem, kind of ruins the experience if your players aren't getting their winners medals. I've always played an MLS save since FM13 and the experience still isn't worth sticking with a team for more than 3 years. At year 2 you'd be dominating the league as all the AI managers have squads with 15 players or less.

Il y a 4 heures, cedsered a dit :

Also have the same problem, kind of ruins the experience if your players aren't getting their winners medals. I've always played an MLS save since FM13 and the experience still isn't worth sticking with a team for more than 3 years. At year 2 you'd be dominating the league as all the AI managers have squads with 15 players or less.

I play a game with Montreal Impact. The game began before the update 21.3. Thanks to the Editor, I gave a 20 for "depth" to all members of staff and board in the MLS, and some other that might become MLS coaches. I also add formation as very important in all MLS club vision. I am in season 3 and almost all the teams have over 25 players, the minimum is 22 players for two teams.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2021 at 08:16, Aubibeen69 said:

I play a game with Montreal Impact. The game began before the update 21.3. Thanks to the Editor, I gave a 20 for "depth" to all members of staff and board in the MLS, and some other that might become MLS coaches. I also add formation as very important in all MLS club vision. I am in season 3 and almost all the teams have over 25 players, the minimum is 22 players for two teams.

I feel like if MLS was setup like the rest of the leagues in the game where teams have a U18 and U23 team, this problem wouldn’t exist in the first place. Hopefully this will be the case going forward since MLS is planning a reserve U23 league and currently with MLS Next. I know academy clubs aren’t run by the parent clubs but this is a case of convenience over realism IMO 

One thing I’ve notice is that a lot of young players are let go. The cause seem to be that a lot of young players don’t have team options. Majority of players that are drafted or signed from academy usually always come with atleast a 1 year team option. 

The contracts for drafted and academy players fluctuate but players usually are under team control for 4 years.

some get 1 year contracts with 3 team options, others get 2 year contracts with 2 year options and some even get 3 years with 1 year team options.

A lot of the young players in the game only get 1-2 years without a team option. 

• 2 weeks later...