[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues

3 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

image.thumb.png.860c083e1b2e4382c0107e7d22ab73a3.png

Also there is clearly still no expansion draft when Austin FC enter the league. They have 4 players, 18 games, 18 losses. 

I think this will continue to happen unless they make USL a playable league. Not sure why it’s not in the game. I’m sure if they needed researchers, it wouldn’t be hard to come by.

But I do remember having those lower leagues active help this in some cases. There still was the problem of the AI team not knowing how to register teams to the MLS club from the USL club though.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

image.thumb.png.860c083e1b2e4382c0107e7d22ab73a3.png

Also there is clearly still no expansion draft when Austin FC enter the league. They have 4 players, 18 games, 18 losses. 

What start date did you use? Did you use one which bypassed the Expansion Draft?

On 14/11/2020 at 21:51, Zebu Nation said:

It's what we deserve for playing in MLS. No joy.

The cool thing about playing in the MLS is that the SuperDraft newgens often go on to be the best players in the world. Not sure why that is but I find it to be accurate in all my FM20 and FM21 saves.

On 21/11/2020 at 19:13, Aljarov said:

The 2020 MLS cup winner hasn't been decided.  We will add the record after the final.  In the short term this will mean a gap, but should be corrected when ready.  I'm updating MLS Awards etc as we go.   Just a 2020 quirk for now though.

Thanks

I am playing as Atalanta FC and I am £27,000 over my budget I was given a notice from the board saying they could use some General Allocation Money to get my pay down my overspend on the wage bill, yet when I submit my team I get a message saying I am over my maximum squad salary.

It still seems that USL Championship (and even USL League One) should be included in future updates or versions of the game.  There are plenty of players that move up through the system, and a lot of MLS teams have what are essentially their academy team playing in lower leagues.  Not sure why these teams which include a lot of sides that have even made Lamar Hunt Open Cup runs in the past are not included.  Would make a lot of sense to make the second tier in USA playable as the best teams rival the skill of the poor MLS sides.

Summary: Players waived prior to contract guarantee date still count against salary cap in any registrations after the initial MLS squad registration.

Description of Issue:  Waived players (who do not have contract guarantee clause) are counting against budget after initial registration. During the first registration of the season, any waived players are excluded from salary cap, but as soon as any re-registration needs to occur, these players have their salaries counted within the "Released Players Salary Cap Impact" section. As stated in the Adam Buksa screenshot, these contracts "will not impact the salary cap".

Steps to Reproduce: Waive players during first registration of MLS season. Budget will work properly. Then sign another player or trigger any item that requires updating MLS squad registration, and the bug will occur.

878018707_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.da721d8766176787ef87d8e794dc4a59.png300646479_Contractguaranteebug.thumb.PNG.354c6b9af2f751711f2b10473f58c2e5.PNG

Thank you!

• SI Staff
On 28/11/2020 at 16:52, Tim2 said:

I am playing as Atalanta FC and I am £27,000 over my budget I was given a notice from the board saying they could use some General Allocation Money to get my pay down my overspend on the wage bill, yet when I submit my team I get a message saying I am over my maximum squad salary.

Could you please upload a save file where this is present using the instructions in the link below? Thank you

20 hours ago, NewcastleRevs said:

Summary: Players waived prior to contract guarantee date still count against salary cap in any registrations after the initial MLS squad registration.

Description of Issue:  Waived players (who do not have contract guarantee clause) are counting against budget after initial registration. During the first registration of the season, any waived players are excluded from salary cap, but as soon as any re-registration needs to occur, these players have their salaries counted within the "Released Players Salary Cap Impact" section. As stated in the Adam Buksa screenshot, these contracts "will not impact the salary cap".

Steps to Reproduce: Waive players during first registration of MLS season. Budget will work properly. Then sign another player or trigger any item that requires updating MLS squad registration, and the bug will occur.

878018707_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.da721d8766176787ef87d8e794dc4a59.png300646479_Contractguaranteebug.thumb.PNG.354c6b9af2f751711f2b10473f58c2e5.PNG

Thank you!

Thank you very much for raising this. This is an issue we are aware of and is currently with our team.

There is no Draft in March for the players that are not registered. So many very good players are left by teams at the registration, and many other very good ones later... Once again, the AI cannot build a good team it seems... 

4 hours ago, Aubibeen69 said:

There is no Draft in March for the players that are not registered. So many very good players are left by teams at the registration, and many other very good ones later... Once again, the AI cannot build a good team it seems... 

There isn’t a waiver draft in March. Unregistered players hit the waiver wire.

With MLS a announcing a MLS U23 league that could start as earlier as 2021, I think it’s about time to make this whole MLS youth setup simple in FM...The current system doesn’t work as is and the AI struggles to build a roster.

Just treat MLS clubs as any other team in FM and give each team a basic U18 and U23 team..

MLS teams are expected to leave the USL leagues.

Il y a 13 heures, Mars_Blackmon a dit :

There isn’t a waiver draft in March. Unregistered players hit the waiver wire.

O.K. Thanks.

Sounds weird... So many players are available just after registration. I could have waited until March to build a very good team with Austin... In fact, the problem comes from the struggle the AI encouter to build a good roster team, as you mentioned. Very good players are available in the beginning of the season.

Sorry if I do not use the right words (waiver and so on). from Quebec I always play in French. :) 

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

With MLS a announcing a MLS U23 league that could start as earlier as 2021, I think it’s about time to make this whole MLS youth setup simple in FM...The current system doesn’t work as is and the AI struggles to build a roster.

Just treat MLS clubs as any other team in FM and give each team a basic U18 and U23 team..

MLS teams are expected to leave the USL leagues.

Uncle Sam on here is probably the best for that, but as for SI I think they need to focus on fixing the current issues with the league rather than planning for any upcoming league changes in future FM’s. Yes having an U23 League would probably help the AI registration problems, but if it doesn’t come into effect until 2022 then there is no point discussing it as SI surely won’t implement something now that doesn’t come into existence for maybe 2 years. Furthermore, we don’t know exactly which teams are going to participate, there may be some that don’t, so nothing can be done with it until everything regarding the new league is set in stone. 

5 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Uncle Sam on here is probably the best for that, but as for SI I think they need to focus on fixing the current issues with the league rather than planning for any upcoming league changes in future FM’s. Yes having an U23 League would probably help the AI registration problems, but if it doesn’t come into effect until 2022 then there is no point discussing it as SI surely won’t implement something now that doesn’t come into existence for maybe 2 years. Furthermore, we don’t know exactly which teams are going to participate, there may be some that don’t, so nothing can be done with it until everything regarding the new league is set in stone. 

It starts 2021. They’ve been trying to fix it since 2013. It’s time to move forward.

3 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

It starts 2021

Have you got a link to where this is 100% confirmed? I can only find sources that have no official confirmation of this, only rumour that it will come into effect in 2021. Either way, until the league and it’s teams are fully settled SI will have no reason to add it into the game. 

7 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Have you got a link to where this is 100% confirmed? I can only find sources that have no official confirmation of this, only rumour that it will come into effect in 2021. Either way, until the league and it’s teams are fully settled SI will have no reason to add it into the game. 

It’s broken in its current state. That’s enough reason.

Besides, USL is not even a supported league 

6 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

It’s broken in its current state. That’s enough reason.

Besides, USL is not even a supported league 

Or just work to fix it and then add the league when it’s official, so that the game reflects real life, which is what FM is about. The Pre-Game Editor is there for things like this. 

2 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Or just work to fix it and then add the league when it’s official, so that the game reflects real life, which is what FM is about. The Pre-Game Editor is there for things like this. 

It’s been almost 10 years...

adding USL in the editor doesn’t fix the problem of B teams signing their own players to fill out its roster or knowing how to register its players for MLS squad.

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

It’s been almost 10 years...

Believe me, I know. But I think now more than ever there are calls for it to be sorted. It is disheartening when new FM’s are released with the same broken MLS, or when fixes come out with no mention of it. The playerbase who want to play in the MLS feel a little robbed by SI, but fixing it is better than making it unrealistic in my opinion. If they can’t fix it I’d rather they remove it from the game until they can release it in a playable state, and then we can download editor files with it however we want it in the meantime. 

On 29/11/2020 at 23:08, NewcastleRevs said:

Thank you!

+1 to this bug ! ruined my save.

I play with Austin. I am in the middle of the first season. I have checked the other teams and most of them blow the salary cap without any problem. Then I created a new coach and took control of Chicago in the middle of the first season. Everything is fine until the first match : I have to modify the registrated team as the salary cap is blown, but the guaranteed contracts' impact is higher than the salary cap. The game is in a loop: even if I remove all players of the registration, the impact is over $5.21M. Impossible to go any further... 

Once again, MLS is unplayable... and as a fool I continue to buy this game year ofter year hoping that the MLS will be better... It is worse and worse year after year...

Edited by Aubibeen69

• SI Staff
On 05/12/2020 at 21:53, Aubibeen69 said:

I play with Austin. I am in the middle of the first season. I have checked the other teams and most of them blow the salary cap without any problem. Then I created a new coach and took control of Chicago in the middle of the first season. Everything is fine until the first match : I have to modify the registrated team as the salary cap is blown, but the guaranteed contracts' impact is higher than the salary cap. The game is in a loop: even if I remove all players of the registration, the impact is over $5.21M. Impossible to go any further... 

Once again, MLS is unplayable... and as a fool I continue to buy this game year ofter year hoping that the MLS will be better... It is worse and worse year after year...

Could you please upload your save file to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions in the link below? Thank you!

I have uploaded the file "MLS Registration". 

Version is 21.1.3

I took control of Chicago Fire in May 2021. The guaranteed contracts are over the salary cap, so even if I unselect all players, the salary cap is not respected. I have signed a Senior player and I am required to register him. But this is impossible as the salary can't be respected. The game seems to be in a loop. If I go on vacation, the player I signed is placed in the waiver list and I can go on. As soon as I do not change anything in the registration, it looks like I can go on...

I hope it helps... :) 

How much GAM does a team get each season ? It looks far too high in the game... 

According to the MLS website, each team got $1,525M in 2020, plus some primes (CCL, not in the playoffs...). I checked Impact Montreal Impact. In 2021 they had no GAM anymore, two year later they have more than $5M... No transfert outside MLS... 

Links to the MLS rules: https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/mls-roster-rules-and-regulations#allocation-money

Edited by Aubibeen69

first of all sorry for my weak english, hope u listen and understand
I simulate few times gamebase 10 years and more and I'll be shocked that USA nation team and clubs always degradated in level, BC of Draft system - its works pretty BAD for AI.

There is so much academies with talents MLS level 120-140 PA, but BC of AI who is terrible in drafts and finding them. they wasted whole career in academies.
Guys, if you cant do workable draft system, make instead default transfer system for USA with U21 / U18 teams for all MLS.  (or atleast make option in editor to playing without drafts. When i was testing - i make update with turn off drafts, but looks like transfers hardcoded in USA nationg or something that i dont understand, but AI teams almost dont do youth transfers )
AI teams now terrible at building squad for the future and its makes whole MLS unplayable, so sad. I dissapointed
Wanna play your game, but cant 

Edited by nepejke

I'm having issues with the salary cap. I'll get a squad approved sometimes even a million under the cap but 2 or 3 games into the season I get a player returning that is well with in limits of the cap and somehow I'm now a million over the cap. When I go to release a player and try and lower it back down the amount won't change. It stays fixed at me being over budget. I thought I was doing something wrong but sometimes I'll re-load the save and it works no issues and allows me to progress. It also only happens with players returning from injury, so I'm fairly certain it is a bug. 

I've won now 2 MLS cups in a row. It shows up in my milestones but not on any of my players'. Campeones Cup does tho.

Also, as mentioned before, there was no celebration of either the MLS Cups, but there was for Campeones Cup

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-12 180123.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-12 180040.png

Summary: Can't register players signed for MLS team in the middle of the season.

Description of Issue: I'm having registration issues in the MLS. Playing as New York City FC and just signed Phillip Sandler on loan from Man City. Now I cannot register him, instead of "confirm" it only says "Testing Changes Only". I have a game coming up and cannot play it since I must respond to the news item and register Phillip. However when I try I cannot register him. What to do? I cannot continue to my match since I cannot register the player. I'm under the wage limit and as well.

Steps to Reproduce: Sign a player in the the middle of the season and try to register them

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Playing the latest version 21.1.3. I've uploaded a file just before I confirm the transfer of Phillip, file is called "Shevigol - New York City FC.fm"

Edited by shevigol

Summary: Semifinal of the MLS playoff does not generate and therefore cannot advance to it.

Description of Issue: I'm heading into the playoffs but for some reason cannot advance to the semifinal. Nothing happens when I press continue. It seems that my match against New York Red Bulls has not been generated in my fixture schedule, even though it is generated in the playoff view of the MLS.

Steps to Reproduce: Win the supporters shield. Advance to the semifinal. Game does not generate. 

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Playing the latest version 21.1.3. A save game has been uploaded called "shevigol - New York City FC - 2"

Edited by shevigol

On 13/12/2020 at 21:48, shevigol said:

Summary: Semifinal of the MLS playoff does not generate and therefore cannot advance to it.

Description of Issue: I'm heading into the playoffs but for some reason cannot advance to the semifinal. Nothing happens when I press continue. It seems that my match against New York Red Bulls has not been generated in my fixture schedule, even though it is generated in the playoff view of the MLS.

Steps to Reproduce: Win the supporters shield. Advance to the semifinal. Game does not generate. 

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Playing the latest version 21.1.3. A save game has been uploaded called "shevigol - New York City FC - 2"

Update: I quit the game and loaded up my save again. Now I can suddenly continue and the game has been generated in my fixtures. Still a bug though that I have to restart the game.

Edited by shevigol

So I got a dat are from the editor section of which I am in February 2021... I know the expansion draft has already taken place and I know it’s a bug up until the expansion draft... my mls team only has 16 or so players signed... as the season gets closer for 2021 does the mls teams sign more players or this bug still or there..

4 hours ago, Aubibeen69 said:

I acquired Anthony Jackson-Hamel just before the transfer deadline but I cannot register him, not before the deadline, not after the deadline. I cannot confirm, the button is now "Testing changes only".

952960608_AustinFC_Registration.png.7ff82058f5428b387cd85ec603b8809e.png

It seems to be a general issue then. I just described the exact same bug a couple of posts up.

I had to reload an earlier save and cancel the transfer to be able to proceed to the next match. Very annoying not being able to sign players. I’m now at the start of the new season and button still says “testing only”. Afraid that I’ll not be able to register my squad when the season starts.

• SI Staff
On 12/12/2020 at 18:02, Jawni said:

I've won now 2 MLS cups in a row. It shows up in my milestones but not on any of my players'. Campeones Cup does tho.

Also, as mentioned before, there was no celebration of either the MLS Cups, but there was for Campeones Cup

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-12 180123.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-12-12 180040.png

Do you have a save file from just before one of the MLS Cup wins? This would allow us to look into both issues mentioned here. You can upload them to our SI Cloud Server using the instructions attached below. 

• SI Staff
On 12/12/2020 at 20:03, shevigol said:

Summary: Can't register players signed for MLS team in the middle of the season.

Description of Issue: I'm having registration issues in the MLS. Playing as New York City FC and just signed Phillip Sandler on loan from Man City. Now I cannot register him, instead of "confirm" it only says "Testing Changes Only". I have a game coming up and cannot play it since I must respond to the news item and register Phillip. However when I try I cannot register him. What to do? I cannot continue to my match since I cannot register the player. I'm under the wage limit and as well.

Steps to Reproduce: Sign a player in the the middle of the season and try to register them

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Playing the latest version 21.1.3. I've uploaded a file just before I confirm the transfer of Phillip, file is called "Shevigol - New York City FC.fm"

This seems to be because the window is currently listed as having closed after the roster freeze date. We assume that the roster freeze date would still be around 1st September like it was scheduled for this year.

Should all transfer windows close before the roster freeze date every year in that case @Aljarov? Similarly, do you expect the roster freeze date always to be around this time of year? 

Thanks

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This seems to be because the window is currently listed as having closed after the roster freeze date. We assume that the roster freeze date would still be around 1st September like it was scheduled for this year.

Should all transfer windows close before the roster freeze date every year in that case @Aljarov? Similarly, do you expect the roster freeze date always to be around this time of year? 

Thanks

Roster freeze is typically 15th September, that's the close of the window effectively.  Next window is post-season.

12 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Do you have a save file from just before one of the MLS Cup wins? This would allow us to look into both issues mentioned here. You can upload them to our SI Cloud Server using the instructions attached below. 

I just uploaded a file called "MLS Cup Milestone Bug.fm"

It's saved a couple of days before my second MLS Cup final

Hi, 

Here is a french thread where the user explain he has an issue with injured player who have their salary count in the salary cap.

They are in grey and he can't unselect them.

I don't understand very well MLS's rules so, i ask myself if it's a bug or not.

He attached 2 screenshot & a link of his savegame.

Do you need more information ? Is it a bug or not ?

If needed i translated his message with deepl.com : 

Citation

Good evening to all! As you know, recording in MLS is a real headache in terms of contracts and salary cap! After having spent a whole afternoon doing my mercato, indeed I record recruit after recruit to be sure that it passes at the fateful moment to validate his team. Now, a wave of wounded people is coming, and I have calculated that if you add the salary of the 7 wounded people, it's 208 000€/m, which is the value already cut from my salary cap!

Knowing that at the base I didn't want to retain a good part of these injured players, but I can't remove them, they are automatically considered in the ceiling. As a result, I have very little left to register the rest of my full complement. Without a solution to this problem my season is not even worthwhile. 

Attached is the more detailed MLS rules and regulations as well as my blocking squad. I also share the save for those who want to try directly in the game, you will see that it is not possible to add or remove injured players.

SAVE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10J9iYssW1W3ypRmafmFFG609eozqGOha/view?usp=sharing

11 hours ago, Aljarov said:

Roster freeze is typically 15th September, that's the close of the window effectively.  Next window is post-season.

Hi, I found this information from the MLS regarding freeze date and roster registration:

“This season's MLS Roster Freeze is the same day as the Secondary Transfer Window's deadline day, which is Oct. 29. Both dates were pushed back after the league was suspended for a few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are typically a few weeks between the end of the Secondary Transfer Window and the Roster Freeze date, though the 2020 season has been anything but typical.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/13/what-know-details-around-2020-mls-roster-freeze-date%3Famp

Il y a 13 heures, Akasha a dit :

Hi, 

Here is a french thread where the user explain he has an issue with injured player who have their salary count in the salary cap.

They are in grey and he can't unselect them.

I don't understand very well MLS's rules so, i ask myself if it's a bug or not.

He attached 2 screenshot & a link of his savegame.

Do you need more information ? Is it a bug or not ?

If needed i translated his message with deepl.com : 

J'aurais pu te répondre mon pote... Les blessés ne peuvent pas être libérés et comptent donc dans le plafond salarial (les joueurs ne sont pas fort protégés en MLS où on peut les licencier pour un oui ou pour un non, mais le syndicat protège les joueurs blessés) . C'est râlant mais c'est comme ça. Moralité de l'histoire: éviter de conserver des joueurs en vue de les libérer "s'ils ne conviennent pas" au moment de l'enregistrement... Ou alors, les mettre au repos assez tôt pour éviter les blessures.

Il faudrait que je passe plus souvent dans la section francophone...

Latex lover... :)

EDIT:

My reply: as far as I know, an injured player is protected and can't be fired, that's why he still remains in the salary cap but not in the squad registration. He can be waived after recovery and then be removed from the salary cap if under non-guaranteed contract. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Aubibeen69

On 13/11/2020 at 06:58, AlexTheTall said:

Can someone explain me why I play half the season in the month of March and April in 2022, it was the same in 2021... I fallow the MLS in real life... And for the Impact it never, never happens! I have games every 2 days... Come on now.

WTF schedule.jpg

I was running into the same problem and I think I've found a way to fix this. I was clicking around in the pre-game editor and for some reason there's a month and a half break built into the MLS in the middle of summer.

To fix it, go into the pre-game editor. At the top, click on rules - add nation rules - add lower divisions and cups to existing structure - select USA as the nation. 

From there - click on rules again - convert to advanced rules - look for Mid-Season Breaks on the menu on the left side of the screen and click on that - click on the enabled box in the top right corner. 

Go back to rules again - test rules - all. Once it's verified you'll be able to select it from the list of custom databases when you start a new save.

It sucks that you'll have to start a new one, but hopefully it will be more enjoyable/realistic. I'm new to the editor and perhaps not great at describing the steps. I've attached a screenshot that shows where in the advanced rules you can find the mid season break, and a screenshot that shows the schedule after making the changes. Good luck!

midseason break.PNG

schedule.PNG