Rediculous! An Injury Per Match!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, start of second season and now I have one or two injuries per match. Always severe injures = away from 1-5 months.

Needs to be tuned, unless the teams in The Championship really have this insane rate of injuries in real life, which I doubt they do.

I thought everything was fine until I had one match where I had FOUR starters injured, three of them in the first half. I had to play the last 20 minutes of the match a man down since I had no more subs left.

That seemed to trigger something, because ever since then, I've had no less than two starters out at any given time.

And yes, I am using the patch.

I cant work out for the life of me why they needed to change it from FM08...it was perfect it that version, now its just a mess again...its at the stage now where im taking players off below 80% just because i dont want them injured...thats just silly when you're palying twice a week and players are starting games between 90-95%.....its not enjoyable anymore, seriously considering going back to FM08 which is a shame because its a good game, i like the 3d.....hopefully they'll put it back to how it was in FM08 in patch 2 if its that easy to do...if not i fear FM09 will be the first version im not gonna play

Yep I have also stopped and will wait for the patch,I am going to watch Match of the Day tonight and I think there are 5 matches on,If so then if FM09 is supposed to be realistic then I should see somewhere between 15-20 players injured,around 5-8 goals that have the comment"we could be seeing that goal for sometime" and the keepers all having an assist.

Something tells me that wont be the case,tbh could be the end of the road with me and my FM career,I have bought them since 97/98 and the last few years have just felt very flat.

I will put my faith in the patch but I am more hopeful than expectent.

I remember in FM07 I bought Elano and after only a few games with the squad he got injured in training. He broke his back and was out for a year.

That was the point I stopped playing it. A ridiculous injury given it happened in training! I've had three injuries in 5 games so far on this one but not long-term. My brother is fuming with his save game because he has loads of injuries to his best players (he went Bayern) and they are all long-term! Given their debt in this game its left him in a difficult situation!

I suppose the example above could happen though!

im new to these forums but have been playing this game for a long time now all the way back to champ man 3. i opted to go with fm as its seemed to have all the better ideas. the only one i didnt get was o8 but still played 07.

this though is the worst one i have played to date and i dont enjoy playing it. i play as blackburn and every game i have 3-4 injuries. each injury is usually a month or there abouts. i can never make a tactical substitution so if im 1-0 down with 10 to go theres little i can do.

i also had to spend £50 on a graphics card to play this game as well as the £30 for the game so up to now its £80 of garbage.

i was playing as arse nal and adebayor and van persie both tore their calfs and both were out for 5months

this happened in the same match with bou 15min in the difference

and i have the patch

have never had less then 6players injured

im in november

I think the training related injuries are ok, but way way too many players pick up knocks or are stretchered off in matches. Iv lost count the amount of times iv had to:

use all my substitutes to take off injured players, had to sub substitutes when they've barely been on the pitch because they're injured, and finish matches with 10, 9, even 8 men due to players having to come off injured.

With Juventus, 3 games in a row i finished with 10 men, because 4 players were taken off injured! A little much wouldnt you say ?

wasn't going to say anything...injuries are part of the game, sh@t happens..blah blah.

in the last two games i lost deco, lampard, van der vaart, drogba, terry and bosingwa to long term injuries. apart from these, every other game has couple of injuries that puts them out for a week or two...if im lucky.

yes, i have the new patch

what is annoying that this wasn't much of an issue in the previous game i started ...still had quite a few injuries but they seemed acceptable but this is bs.

annoying...to say the least.

I reckon the injuries are quite realsitic , yes there are injuries in games , but it adds to the challenge and realism of being a football manager.

So you would say 6-7 first team long term injuries in the first four games of the season is realistic?

im arsenal and have 8 players out ,not had a chance to play my best XI yet , and i just played bolton and had both my centre backs get injured plus a striker

i now have only 1 cb which is'nt injured (djourour)

injured centre backs : toure (3weeks) silvestre (1month) naldo (3 months)

and im using the latest patch

I get the same thing with Chelsea. Keep having to play Di Santo upfront on his own. Not surprisingly I'm struggling, lol.

I too am sick of these injuries. My plagued Javier Chevanton got a green (playable) injury during a game (which I get at least 1 or 2 of per game) and before I could sub him, it turned red. He's now out for a month. Why? Gashed leg. Erm...hello!! One month for a gashed leg? If a gashed leg is enough to take someone out of the game (surely it isn't), what on earth did he suffer when he had a green injury thingy? A scratch?

Also, on this note, Chevanton was originally a loan signing that I managed to make permanent. In his loan spell he scored a lot of goals and the fans thought he was a great loan signing. Now he has managed 2 in 6 and the fans are getting on his back. Why? Because every time he starts, he gets 'injured'. All this is very annoying and according to my physios and coaches, Chevanton isn't a Kieron Dyer or Darren Anderton of injuries.

do you have to start a new game in order for the patch to take effect? I am still playing with my pre-patch save... :(

It's totally up to you

I think so that the patches are save game compatible,and 95% of the problems are fixed if you carry on the save game.only things which arent fixed are data updates etc

A quick update for those interested. I started again and am now manager of Bradford (doing well in top spot). The injuries thing isnt as common, however still is far more regular than Id like and I still think its too often to be realistic.

I just had 2 players injured, except the game didnt tell me about 1 of the injuries, so I was playing someone with a condition of 25%!!!! I always keep an eye on the condition but missed this one, I think the game should either pause or make it clearer that a player isnt fit enough to continue, this injury could of cost me points.

A quick update for those interested. I started again and am now manager of Bradford (doing well in top spot). The injuries thing isnt as common, however still is far more regular than Id like and I still think its too often to be realistic.

I just had 2 players injured, except the game didnt tell me about 1 of the injuries, so I was playing someone with a condition of 25%!!!! I always keep an eye on the condition but missed this one, I think the game should either pause or make it clearer that a player isnt fit enough to continue, this injury could of cost me points.

That's infuriating. How can someone even walk with a 25% condition? I'm absolutely livid with these injuries. How on earth does such an experienced game-maker such as FM manage to make SUCH a school boy error. What do your testers do? How did nobody pick this MASSIVE game flaw? I would suggest that on average I get 2 to 3 injuries per game and that's not exaggerating. I have installed the patch which either hasn't been able to take effect because I'm playing with a game that I have otherwise enjoyed or it just hasn't worked. It ruins the way you manage a club. Right now, I'm searching for a decent 6th choice striker. For real. Normally, I don't like to rotate 3!!! The lack of player selection consistency hinders match momentum and harmony is never optimised. All my fringe players, which is about half the squad in retrospect, are sick of playing 17 games a season (not bad for a fringe player). Come on, FM gurus. What's your excuse for this nonsence. I expect this from Championship Manager, but not you lot.

I'm very, very disappointed and am seriously considering writing a letter of complaint and my money back. I'd sooner rather play a bug-free champ 99-00.

That's infuriating. How can someone even walk with a 25% condition? I'm absolutely livid with these injuries. How on earth does such an experienced game-maker such as FM manage to make SUCH a school boy error. What do your testers do? How did nobody pick this MASSIVE game flaw? I would suggest that on average I get 2 to 3 injuries per game and that's not exaggerating. I have installed the patch which either hasn't been able to take effect because I'm playing with a game that I have otherwise enjoyed or it just hasn't worked. It ruins the way you manage a club. Right now, I'm searching for a decent 6th choice striker. For real. Normally, I don't like to rotate 3!!! The lack of player selection consistency hinders match momentum and harmony is never optimised. All my fringe players, which is about half the squad in retrospect, are sick of playing 17 games a season (not bad for a fringe player). Come on, FM gurus. What's your excuse for this nonsence. I expect this from Championship Manager, but not you lot.

I'm very, very disappointed and am seriously considering writing a letter of complaint and my money back. I'd sooner rather play a bug-free champ 99-00.

I have to say its spoiling my enjoyment of the game. Injury's dont bother me, its part of the game and it shouldnt be uncommon for the odd injury crisis. What i do find bizzare is have to make 2 or 3 subs EVERY GAME to replace injured players....thats not realistic. 9 times out of 10 they're ok for the following game, its just there's way too many 'knocks' during a match where players need subbing.

Why wasnt it left the same as FM08? It was fine.....never fix something that isnt broke!!!

I have to say its spoiling my enjoyment of the game. Injury's dont bother me, its part of the game and it shouldnt be uncommon for the odd injury crisis. What i do find bizzare is have to make 2 or 3 subs EVERY GAME to replace injured players....thats not realistic. 9 times out of 10 they're ok for the following game, its just there's way too many 'knocks' during a match where players need subbing.

Why wasnt it left the same as FM08? It was fine.....never fix something that isnt broke!!!

i agree if its not broken dont try and fix it.. so upset.. bbut still goin to keep trying..

This is getting beyond a joke, I'm now (rightly) expecting at least 1 injury per game. I agree that some teams in real life can suffer an injury crisis of this proportion, but look at the amount of people in this thread alone (fully patched aswell). It's ridiculous. It's even more infuriating than my Bordeaux team's love of throwing 2-0 leads away whatever I do (but I'm taking the blame for that ;)) The worst thing is, it's these green injuries that can easily go unnoticed for a while in a game, and when you get to the physio report, they are seriously long term injuries. In my first real season game, one of my strikers got a red injury and had to go off, and had a 5 month calf tear?! I know it's a bad injury, but half a year? Now comes the worst one, my second striker gets a green injury, rating of 60%, so I take him off, and the physio report says "Bruised head: 2 months." It was at this point I turned the game off with the x out of anger, and came here, to find this thread. At least I'm not suffering alone. This is the first time a game has made me physically hit a table out of frustration; there's challenging, but that's too far. Add this sort of unnecessary problem to the fact I have to revise to play (but still fail), there's just no fun left in this game any more.

I don't think the frequency of injuries has been a problem from what I have seen in FM09 (although it's early days for me at this point in time), but I have been very surprised by the length of each injury as they occur.

Arsenal starts the game with Fabregas, Diaby, Eduardo and Rosicky all injured long-term. Eduardo is about right (4-5 months), Rosicky is ambitiously early (4-5 months, yeah, right :p), Diaby is also about right, although Fabregas is too long (2 months out, he was back playing within the first 2 weeks of the season IRL).

In the first two months of the game, I have had Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie, Bendtner and Eboue all injured. Nothing too drastic or surprising there, although they are all key players, which is a bit of a bummer.

I was however, quite shocked to see the lengths of the injuries:

Adebayor - 2 months (he has only just returned to first-team action)

Nasri - 2 months

Van Persie - 2 months (with a twisted knee??)

Bendtner - 1 month

Eboue - 2 months (not that I really care, to be honest!)

I forget exactly what all their injuries were, but they did seem on the 'lengthy' side of things given what the injuries were (no pulled hammies or broken bones, mostly all twists or bruises). And when you take into account that a player out for 1 month usually needs at least 2 weeks to get back to match fitness, these injuries all end up lasting for about 2-3 months in total (a long time to have a player out).

Obviously I'll have to play further to see if this 'lengthy injury time-out' continues, but it certainly caught my attention thus far.

the other thing ive noticed is that injured players return to fitness sometimes days or even weeks before they're estimated to be back, its like they're back fit but the game still thinks they're injured hence the constant knocks and general lack of fitness

I'm playing the game from Steam, patched obviously.

In the dutch second division and i'm getting between 1 and 3 knocks per game. Some of them are loanees so i dont know the extent of injuries etc. But it is unusual considering it never happened like this in previous versions. I thought it might be down to the fact i'm at a lower club with poorer facilities, but looks like other people are having the same problem.

It has put me off the game for now, hopefully it is something that will change in the next patch, once it has gone then it will be back to enjoying the game

Yea there are a lot of injuries especially during games...I founda that lowering strength training helps a bit but then their stamina falls (at least for a low league team). But in life you could actually have situations like that, just look at Real Madrid...their players are falling like flies :p

Now comes the worst one, my second striker gets a green injury, rating of 60%, so I take him off, and the physio report says "Bruised head: 2 months." It was at this point I turned the game off with the x out of anger, and came here, to find this thread.

LOL

I know injuries like that annoy the hell out of you but I couldnt help and laugh at that one, thats just rediculous.

On FM 07 I had 24 injured players on 28 total players owned.

I posted the picture on the forum and then, after relaxing with tea and cookies, I thrown the game out of the window without caring about humans and animals walking on the basement.

I have to say, the amount of injuries is just killing the game for me. I'm Betis and in my first 5 games I had 3 people injured in a match on 3 occasions as well as at least one significant injury and a couple of minor ones in the other games. And all injuries have put people out for a minimum of a month, max 5 months.

I've scanned the responses above but haven't seen anything from any mods or SI, have they commented on this at all? Every game I'm just looking more at whether my star players are getting injured then at the actual score. It's just not fun.

I have given up until the new patch. I played most games of the games in a season - games 9 (9 games in when I joined) to 37 of a 38 game Brazil league season - and it's a joke. Every game I have had to make a sub for injury/knocks. Sometimes I have to use 2 or 3 subs. In my 37th game, which I needed to win to finish 13th and qualify, I had to make 2 subs in the first half and the 3rd with 6 minutes of the restart, hardly realistic. Sometimes (shock, horror) I may actually need to make a sub for tactical reasons, but it's hard to do this when you know you'll probably end up with 10 men as one will be carried off, or a few on the pitch will have "knocks" and be useless, or a combination of both......

And yes, I have been rotating my massive squad

If SI want my save game (which I want to continue when the next patch is released because, despite everything going against me, I was doing quite well) I can upload it

LOL - Ok, all new levels of rediculous has just happened, I mean seriously, what the hell is this all about?!?!?!?:

injuryfakenessnq6.jpg

Woops, gotta edit this as the fun didnt stop there:

injuryfakenesscontinuedyo5.jpg

If anyone dares to tell me this happens in football then quite simply you know nothing about football, sorry but this just does not happen in real life, Ive never witnessed anything like this in any football match after many years of watching the game.

LOL - Ok, all new levels of rediculous has just happened, I mean seriously, what the hell is this all about?!?!?!?:

Woops, gotta edit this as the fun didnt stop there:

If anyone dares to tell me this happens in football then quite simply you know nothing about football, sorry but this just does not happen in real life, Ive never witnessed anything like this in any football match after many years of watching the game.

Thats nothing lol... 3 "light injuries" that probably turn out to be nothing... big deal... Sporting had like 7 of those in the last 3 matches IRL... (I cant seem to be able to write without "..."s)

Thats nothing lol... 3 "light injuries" that probably turn out to be nothing... big deal... Sporting had like 7 of those in the last 3 matches IRL... (I cant seem to be able to write without "..."s)

Big deal?!?!? Both my strikers had to be subtituted within 2 mins of each other!!!

Big deal?!?!? Both my strikers had to be subtituted within 2 mins of each other!!!

And Sporting was out of defenders IRL :p (both D Rs were injured)

BTW in my Benfica save I only had 2 injuries in 5 months and the affected players were 2 crappy reserves...

What three injuries in a match?

I was at Hillsboro on Tuesday night, 2 of our players were taken off in the first 30 minutes and a third had to be taken off late on. We had to finish the match with ten men.

What three injuries in a match?

I was at Hillsboro on Tuesday night, 2 of our players were taken off in the first 30 minutes and a third had to be taken off late on. We had to finish the match with ten men.

Sigh. :(

NO! Look at my pics, I mean 2 injuries in the same position within 2 minutes of each other! Doesnt happen! Never has in the history of football in any country in any league! lol

NO! Look at my pics, I mean 2 injuries in the same position within 2 minutes of each other! Doesnt happen! Never has in the history of football in any country in any league! lol

Sporting ... 1-2 weeks ago... both right full backs... so it did happen ;)

AHH, I see. I would like to point you to the condition of both Bart and Noel-Williams.

Archived