Need Help with In Debt West Ham

due to my reckless transfers the club is in real danger of going into administration.

what will be the club's future? 

will i somehow maybe see the club get sold to a billionaire? is that even an option atm? 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 23.49.10.png

So first you spend 350M on buying players with money you don't have and then you hope some sugar daddy will help you and buy the club?

I would say, sell players for 350M and let's hope you keep at least 11 players to put in the squad.

Good luck ;) curious who you bought.

42 minutes ago, Forza#8903 said:

So first you spend 350M on buying players with money you don't have and then you hope some sugar daddy will help you and buy the club?

I would say, sell players for 350M and let's hope you keep at least 11 players to put in the squad.

Good luck ;) curious who you bought.

I cant sell anyone.. because what i wanted to with West Ham was a complete overhaul- their current squad... well it sucks! :) (no offense to their fans)  

so i basically cleaned up the ENTIRE team, just kept Cardoso, Anderson and Rice, thats it. 

the team i created will easily dominate the league in a couple of years so i am really comfortable with the team (we finished 3rd first season) the only issue now is WHAT TO DO WITH THIS GIANT DEBT?

in the previous versions, the owners used to step in, and clean up the debt, and as far as i could see from the editor, the owner is indeed an underwriter sugardaddy.

that being said, nobody stepped in yet, and a warning appeared saying we are on the verge of administration! 

SO, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WILL HAPPEN? (considering i wouldnt sell anyone)  :eek:

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 00.40.59.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 00.44.41.png

Edited by CapaJr

1 hour ago, mattmccready said:

Wow!!!! That’s some pretty good work!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Put a strict wage structure in place, get rid of anyone earning over each wage bracket.... and hope for some Champions League action very soon?

no need to sell anyone! :lock:

i just fast forwarded the game into december, and the club makes an agreement called the company voluntary agreement, basically we will be paying that debt at 600k a month for the next 30 years :D so we are all good, the ffp threshold is green once again!! 

*i will now go back to my original date, september and resume my save from that point, i just wanted to see what would happen 6 months later so i went on holiday.  

to conclude the debt gets restructured and 6 months later everything is all good!! thank you FM20 :D

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 04.14.52.png

Edited by CapaJr

1 hour ago, Phillybear said:

140M spent to sign 2 players for the bench. SMH.

You are talking about Paulinho & Boadu, right?

Those deals are part of my short to long term strategy. 

Paulinho and Boadu were only 18 when i purchased them. 

at that point, I already invested heavily on the youngsters at other positions in my starting eleven so for a healthier balance, i planned %60 F.Anderson %40 Paulinho rotation at the left wing for 2 seasons. 

hopefully after two years, i will be selling Anderson hopefully for a good amount, and Paulinho will then be 20/21 years old and be ready to rumble with more experience and improved attributes. 

the same with Boadu, Edouard from Celtic will now provide short term results for me while i improve Boadu on the side.

so just like the Anderson & Paulinho swap, after two seasons when Boadu is 20/21 years old i'll sell Edouard with great profit & replace him with an improved Boadu :brock:

Edited by CapaJr

And on this day in history we all learnt how not to manage West Ham.

@CapaJr I wouldn't be surprised if you found yourself sacked. 

I just see a slippery slope. Players wages can not be paid. Players become unhappy. Players fail to perform. Form plummets. Manager sacked.

Credit if you get away with it.

7 minutes ago, anagain said:

And on this day in history we all learnt how not to manage West Ham.

@CapaJr I wouldn't be surprised if you found yourself sacked. 

I just see a slippery slope. Players wages can not be paid. Players become unhappy. Players fail to perform. Form plummets. Manager sacked.

Credit if you get away with it.

that could be possibility, but so far we are storming the league- and if it continues like this, i dont think there is a reason why i should be sacked. 

*ofcourse its still too early to be certain, i am experiencing something new so anything could happen 

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 08.23.29.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 08.27.39.png

Edited by CapaJr

I can honestly say you are not a good negotiator. Spent way to much on certain players. Could have save millions. but this is by far the funniest and best post ive ever seen on any forum ! I love it. the place is on fire and your just wearing some ray bans chilling managing the football team to some wins. lol 

On 02/02/2020 at 01:46, anagain said:

@CapaJr So, how you getting on with this crazy experiment? I'm really interested to know if it all fell apart, or if you managed to carry on the good form.

although i started with -9 points, i finished 5th (i would have finished third) + semi final at CL 

then when it looked like there is a light at the end of the tunnel, something unthinkable happened

AGAIN :rolleyes:

you guys will not believe but i have the screenshots to prove. 

so the season ended and before it did, i just randomly pressed "buy the stadium" option (we were renting the stadium) 

so West Ham did go ahead and purchased the stadium and it was no longer rental.

the next season started...

BUT NOW I HAD AN EXTRA 1,500,000,000 euros of extra debt , written under ground maintenance section  at the expense list. 

football wise, i still was pretty good, unbeaten after 10 games and i was 1st in the league, but again the club was in even a bigger debt because of that stupid stadium purchase value.

and guess what happened.

ADMINISTRATION AGAIN... 

-9 POINTS

AGAIN

:mad:

Edited by CapaJr

now, here is my question..

okay the transfer debt is %100 my fault, i spent the money the club didnt have so the club went under administration..

i cant say anything about that first -9 points 

BUT

sometimes when i ask for an improvement at training facilities etc.. the clubs often yes but if the financial details doesnt work at the end of the season, they cancel it. (i am sure you guys had this experience)

the question is, how can the club agreed to buy and spend 1,500,000,000 for a stadium purchase

a)without telling me how huge that debt amount would be

b)since the club didnt had that kind of money to purchase the stadium,  why the hell the board did not cancel the purchasing action just like they do with the training facilities 

THIS MUST BE A BUG RIGHT? :mad::mad::mad:

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 16.47.24.png

Edited by CapaJr

On 02/02/2020 at 08:06, Gross_Ballon said:

I can honestly say you are not a good negotiator. Spent way to much on certain players. Could have save millions. but this is by far the funniest and best post ive ever seen on any forum ! I love it. the place is on fire and your just wearing some ray bans chilling managing the football team to some wins. lol 

those players have random potential attributes so what amount we pay depends on their randomly generated potential ability. 

so lets say you spend 40m for boadu or wague, thats probably because his PA is randomly generated at 152 in your save, however in my version the club didnt accept anything less then lets say 70m thats because his PA in my game was 178, which is basically Messi level. 

Edited by CapaJr

Well, the board did appoint you, tolerated the debts, administration, and 9 points reduction, which would no board ever tolerate (not a single thing) if it was manager's fault for that. Why are you surprised if they, again, comply with YOUR request? :lol:

6 minutes ago, vukigepard said:

Well, the board did appoint you, tolerated the debts, administration, and 9 points reduction, which would no board ever tolerate (not a single thing) if it was manager's fault for that. Why are you surprised if they, again, comply with YOUR request? :lol:

yeah but if the stadium purchase will cost 1,500,000,000 euros surely there must be sort of a warning before + the bord always scrapped off training facility improvements if the finance is bad.. why not stadium purchase? i am screwed. now i have 1,000,000,000 debt.

West Ham is literally going bankrupt :rolleyes:

Edited by CapaJr

8 minutes ago, johnstonpickle said:

Brilliant! This thread just typifies everything that is wrong with the modern game :lol:

In reality i'm sure the penalties for such ridiculous spending would be far greater!

Yep, the club would go bankrupt and cease to exist, with a phoneix club most likely starting up down in the non-league system. So basically the debt is wiped and the owners changed (possibly to being fan-owned), but the stadium and all training facilities are lost, all players and staff are released, and you're relegated ~5 divisions or so. But that can't happen in FM.

8 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

But that can't happen in FM.

I wish it could. I'd love to engineer a save like this guy's and then start a new career with the phoenix club. I didn't realise how far you could take it until I saw this thread and tbh I'm tempted to do the same with a big club and try to rebuild them from non league once they've fallen.

4 minutes ago, jsx7ste said:

How did they allow you to make these signings? Didn't you have a transfer budget?

48 months payment system allows you to far exceed that budget. 

you keep the front payment 4m and purchase someone for 40m, only 4m deducted from your first budget. 

11 hours ago, CapaJr said:

yeah but if the stadium purchase will cost 1,500,000,000 euros surely there must be sort of a warning before + the bord always scrapped off training facility improvements if the finance is bad.. why not stadium purchase? i am screwed. now i have 1,000,000,000 debt.

West Ham is literally going bankrupt :rolleyes:

How can a new stadium cost 1.5 billion euros?

The most unrealistic part of this whole episode is that it seems that the OP managed to sell Mark Noble without causing a major riot. 

This whole thing reminds me of when we almost went into administration a few years back when our Icelandic billionaire owner went bankrupt. 

Edited by DementedHammer

3 hours ago, Filrom said:

1492006300_ScreenShot2020-01-31at23_49_10.png.f2cd1133bc904fe4df14b850250a8b89.png

I did not edit anything if thats what you are claiming, if i had manipulated my financials, i am not a masochist, i would have put money in, not take it out.

I have FMRTE installed for finding regens, that could be why thats there. 

Edited by CapaJr

5 hours ago, GuitarMan said:

The recently built Hotspur Way was £1billion.... 

I just have one question.

when we ask for training facility or youth facility improvement, the board agrees but a couple of months later, if its no longer possible due to financial reasons, the board often cancels it- i am sure many of us here have witness that.

the question is, how can the board doesnt cancel such an unbelievable amount for a stadium purchase? 

its 1,500,000,000 euros!! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

The most unrealistic part of this whole episode is that it seems that the OP managed to sell Mark Noble without causing a major riot. 

This whole thing reminds me of when we almost went into administration a few years back when our Icelandic billionaire owner went bankrupt. 

when you have Bailey and 15 other wonderkids within your squad, IRL even you would have ignored Noble leaving.. 

1 hour ago, CapaJr said:

I just have one question.

when we ask for training facility or youth facility improvement, the board agrees but a couple of months later, if its no longer possible due to financial reasons, the board often cancels it- i am sure many of us here have witness that.

the question is, how can the board doesnt cancel such an unbelievable amount for a stadium purchase? 

its 1,500,000,000 euros!! :rolleyes:

I agree that the board shouldn’t probably have let that decision go through... I’d be annoyed to.

it was more the suggestion that 1.5billion euros was over the top for a stadium, putting the numbers in context. 

id be raising it as a bug that the board let him do it personally. 

Unless the game has been edited with the in game editor to allow you the massive transfer budget then this must surely be a bug? No way a club should allow you to spend £600mil+ on players in one season even if you manipulate the future payment system. The fact that the in game editor is installed makes it more likely that's the reason!

It's a funny experiment though, I might give an AI team (that I don't like) a ludicrous budget and see what they do with it!

31 minutes ago, Scott Jackson said:

Unless the game has been edited with the in game editor to allow you the massive transfer budget then this must surely be a bug? No way a club should allow you to spend £600mil+ on players in one season even if you manipulate the future payment system. The fact that the in game editor is installed makes it more likely that's the reason!

It's a funny experiment though, I might give an AI team (that I don't like) a ludicrous budget and see what they do with it!

for the last time.. I did not edit!

i dont see any fun at having 1,500,000,000 debt after third season and having two consecutive -9 point seasons. 

and also i dont think its a bug- i basically found a loophole and exploited it- for every 40 to 80m player, i only paid not more than 5m upfront and the rest was always paid in future payments, meaning it did not effect my current transfer budget that much at all.

no matter how weird all these sounds like, all of this actually did happen :rolleyes:

the club did allowed me to buy players with majority of its payments done later, which resulted in consecutive point reductions. 

btw: if i really wanted to edit, i would erase the debt now or reduce the potential ability of the players before i began this massive transfer campain..  that way, i could have them for cheaper (and then revert back their PA again) this is %100 what happened. i exploited the front/future payment system and had my first -9 points because of the massive debt. then for the last season, i had an extra 1,500,000,000 debt for purchasing the rental stadium. 

Edited by CapaJr

3 hours ago, CapaJr said:

for the last time.. I did not edit!

i dont see any fun at having 1,500,000,000 debt after third season and having two consecutive -9 point seasons. 

and also i dont think its a bug- i basically found a loophole and exploited it- for every 40 to 80m player, i only paid not more than 5m upfront and the rest was always paid in future payments, meaning it did not effect my current transfer budget that much at all.

no matter how weird all these sounds like, all of this actually did happen :rolleyes:

the club did allowed me to buy players with majority of its payments done later, which resulted in consecutive point reductions. 

btw: if i really wanted to edit, i would erase the debt now or reduce the potential ability of the players before i began this massive transfer campain..  that way, i could have them for cheaper (and then revert back their PA again) this is %100 what happened. i exploited the front/future payment system and had my first -9 points because of the massive debt. then for the last season, i had an extra 1,500,000,000 debt for purchasing the rental stadium. 

Curious to know the reaction of the game makers. Sounds like you find a smart way to go arround the transfer budget.

Although it sounds strange to me because that would also mean you can buy players with a very low salary to stay in you budget and give them 300% salary increase after 1 played match.

As for the stadium, are they building a totally new one or buying the London stadium? I hope they aren't spending 1.5 billion on the current ground because that really would be a disgrace :lol:

1 hour ago, ajt said:

As for the stadium, are they building a totally new one or buying the London stadium? I hope they aren't spending 1.5 billion on the current ground because that really would be a disgrace :lol:

Unfortunately 1.5billion of debt is just for the owner rights of the existing stadium. 
I was already in deep financial trouble as i have said during my first messages because of my transfer spree, and now on top of that now i have an extra 1.5billion to deal with😃