FM20 Training Planner Spreadsheet

Training Planner FM20 v1.5 spreadsheet (dropbox link, excel sheet, no macros)

@FMathlete (Blog Here) did the initial version of this spreadsheet for FM19, he has given permission for me to share it here.  I have updated it for the added modules in FM20.  I've also added some "tweaks", which maybe used or ignored as you wish.  Please note the disclaimer at the top of the Read Me page:

This workbook was prepared independently of SI and FM. It is entirely my own interpretation of how I understand the training modules to work and i could very well be completely wrong! I am continuing to test it's success and will make adjustments to the maths as I learn more about the true impact of training sessions on player attributes. Please feel free to use the data as you see fit, and share your comments or suggestions for improvements with the community.

Here is the current list of updates and features tweaks.

Current updates:
Added Bravery Attribute
Added Attacking Overlap
Added Defend from the Front
Added Play from the Back

Current tweaks:
User Input page: 
You can now enter your League Reputation (0-5 stars) for a baseline training regime guide of intensity.  
You can now enter your squad's average attributes for Natural Fitness, Stamina, Work Rate, and Determination for a custom training regime guideline.  (These attributes have been selected because they seem most applicable to the visible traits to how hard you can push your squad in training, disregards personalities)
You can select up to 10 CORE DNA attributes.  These will be highlighted on the Tactical Planner page for your convenience.

Tactical Planner page:
Added a Type for each DAY's training regime.  This will quickly show the training intensity level (should be comparable to the ingame intensity) as well as the Tactical Periodization training type.
Added a scale for intensity colors and a definition section for the Tactical Periodization terminology.  Along with brief suggested usage.  
As noted above, the Core DNA attributes you have selected will be highlighted in the table.

Read Me page:
Moved notes around.
Added change log
Added To Do list

Read Me.jpg

User Input.jpg

Training Planner.jpg

Love the idea of this but is it working correctly? According to the in-game description of, for example, Attacking Patient. For the attacking unit It should train Finishing, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Composure, Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball, Vision, Teamwork.

Untitled-1.jpg

When entering Attacking Patient in the spreadsheet it doesn't train Finishing, First Touch, Passing, Technique.

Untitled-1.jpg

@Tiger666

Ugh, had a wrong call up error for the attacking technical attributes.  Thanks for the heads up.  It is fixed now.

I'll be travelling for the rest of the week, but should have an update over the weekend for Set Pieces and a verification that all attributes are accounted for in each training module.

This is really impressive. The tactical periodisation stuff is exactly how some coaches plan their training in real life and I've never seen anyone bring it to FM before.

Going to give it a try, have a play about and see how I get on.

Don't suppose there is a Mac version (numbers)? @Pedroig @FMathlete

Tried opening it in Numbers but the formulas don't carry across.

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

@TheInvisibleMan I've been PC since I got off C64...  So don't know about Numbers.  As a random guess I'd bet it has something to so with the formulas looking at different sheets in the workbook.  I'll see about putting it all on a single sheet and/or saving in Numbers format and throwing it up as an alternative, IF you promise to test it to see if it works..  ;)

56 minutes ago, Pedroig said:

@TheInvisibleMan I've been PC since I got off C64...  So don't know about Numbers.  As a random guess I'd bet it has something to so with the formulas looking at different sheets in the workbook.  I'll see about putting it all on a single sheet and/or saving in Numbers format and throwing it up as an alternative, IF you promise to test it to see if it works..  ;)

Sounds like a deal! :thup:

Don't worry if it's too difficult. I had a play about with it on Numbers but it was a bit beyond me as how to fix it and make it work.

On 09/12/2019 at 12:27, h3nrique_SEP said:

it's missing the possesion overall training

Got called away this past weekend.  Will take a look into it, and get it corrected.  Thanks for the heads up!

@Danwolf I've merely updated @FMathlete's original work, who gave me permission to post my modifications here.  If you would contact him. for permission to post on your site, that would be proper channels and all. ;)

Link file has been updated, should just need to go to same link and re-download.

Added Possession to Training Planner.  (All formulations were there, just lost the selection drop down)

Formulated Set Pieces.  This is not PRECISE.  I defaulted to using the same general groups GK/DEF/ATT and then derived relevant attributes from it. 

Added Set Pieces to the Training Planner so they don't break everything else now.  The Modules should be Pink.  Overall daily sessions they should appear as Technical sessions if you were to do a whole day of them with either Recovery or Activation.

Edited by Pedroig

@LandoManSmash and @alexcelsior y'all are correct.  

So good news:  It's been fixed.  File updated, link the same.

Bad news:  Going to reformat the dropdown list so it is in the same order as in game.  This is going to take a while.

Still going through verifying the data matches up FM20 from FM19.  Have found a couple of slight differences, and am working through them.  Lots of Alt Tabbing on the laptop.

Thanks for all the double-checks and reports to all.  (I really checked the modules I use all the time, and the others were under less scrutiny)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 03/12/2019 at 20:06, Tiger666 said:

Yup working like a dream now. I am absolutely obsessive about details as you can see from my own spreadsheets:

Untitled-1.jpg

This is a brilliant tool, saves me having to work it all out manually. Thanks a lot for taking the time to update it.

Can you please upload/send me this spreadsheet, good man?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as i know i have the latest version but after months of using it i've just noticed their is an issue with defensive shadow play, it's meant to hit Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork for the defensive unit but when i input it into the planner it is giving a value to "off the ball" and not "positioning" ???  is their a newer version or is their any way we can correct this ourselfs in the planner??? Thanks

Edited by Robbo4891