[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

1 hour ago, Stackalee said:

Is your 5221 narrow or wide? Related; how did you decide to try and use Traore in the end? 

image.thumb.png.155e37a641d1d78aff08342652022653.png

Traore play as one of the two up front.

For the u20 he mainly play as AF.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, turgi said:

Ilicic took Gomez's role in midfield after he second one stopped to perform, so now my highest earning player barely plays.

How is the new trident? Do you like it more than the original-3?

I would presume Vlahovic is a different type of player to Ilicic, but Ilicic should be able to play in the same style as Gomez.

I am liking it though, physically Vlahovic and Ilicic are almost similar. Loved that you're keeping the trident alive by keeping the same formation and just changing players.

32 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Ooh, okay that's what I've always known as a 5-3-2 but fair. Yeah I could see him coming good in any of those positions - probably best to pick which one you like him for and train for it!

Yeah I suppose.

5212 or so.

For me 532 is more of three midfielders in CM.

22 minutes ago, quee said:

How is the new trident? Do you like it more than the original-3?

I would presume Vlahovic is a different type of player to Ilicic, but Ilicic should be able to play in the same style as Gomez.

I am liking it though, physically Vlahovic and Ilicic are almost similar. Loved that you're keeping the trident alive by keeping the same formation and just changing players.

Ilicic is great at AM, Vlahovic is alright I suppose. Started really bad and now contributes way more.

Meanwhile Traore killing the kids:

image.thumb.png.2fa6b232dfedb4773c1a026724c17626.png

14 hours ago, quee said:

It is 2020 even with the latest update. I had a quick check earlier.

It is not a problem, though, as they have been able to renew his contract without a fuss. Someone who might not be aware of it might potentially lose out, though.

What surprised and interest me is how this was not picked up earlier by the final update, that's all :lol:

Yeah I was shocked at the start of the game. Especially since he had just moved. Always tends to be the case though italian contracts seem to get prioritsed less than Premier League etc.

The Juventus job is still unavailable, with Sarri still the Serie A manager who has been with his club the longest, narrowly beating my own tenure at Bari. Despite his position becoming insecure after losing the scudetto on the final matchday, he remains. So I remain at Bari again as well.

image.thumb.png.90a10a0bbfc0ed0278472cb8aaa16d4c.png

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised/bitter at missing out on both Manager of the Year and Manager's Manager of the Year despite putting in the best performance both seasons, relative to both my media prediction and board requirements. Oh well.

To sum up transfers, for which I was given a frustratingly low budget, here is the one out and the one in I am most excited about / proud of:

image.thumb.png.9ea25f4af037ec5fb9d5f1bf8261ec19.png image.thumb.png.4bdd6ee5ea94662714db345ed1f2b816.png

Gravenberch is a very talented lad who was continuing to grow and was rated very highly. But he wasn't putting in performances that were *that* impressive, his position is overloaded (I got more than one free agent coming in who can play the same role), and he was starting to show rumblings of wanting to leave for a bigger club. So why not get him out for the highest fee possible while I could? I broke my previous record with this fee, and there's still about 15m in clauses to be added on dependent on national team performances, among other things. He initially wasn't interested in China, but then I told him how much money he'd make, and he was quickly convinced.

image.thumb.png.b5bec67d522f5e3953619f258f23803e.png image.thumb.png.e4a166ae5d6d5957c69296db1fa00246.png

The money helped me sign this lad. He didn't want to join and I had to do a lot of coaxing, including attending a match (before I knew how to skip the actual match!), but wow is he great looking. I'm training him to place his shots and knock the ball past the opponent. He made me absolutely break the bank on wages (the next highest wage I have in my squad is between 1/3 and 1/2 that), take #10 from my principino Gaetano and give it to him, among other things. But hopefully it's worth it. He's also got Italian dual nationality, and his one Belgian appearance was a friendly, I think, so I'm harboring slight hope he switches to Italy and plays for Gli Azzurri, but I highly doubt it.

Here is what I'm up against competition-wise:

image.thumb.png.0f93d996bfb97e598c04ec44ac119549.png

Shockingly low board expectations, and I frustratingly can't even get the squad to aspire for more either. But I guess that's better than the other way around. Won our first match against a bit of a bogey side for us in Udinese. To show you how bad things collapsed in the second half of last season, when my other striker scored his goal it was his first in 16 matches. Nothing like an entire summer break to snap you out of a losing streak, I suppose.

Not expecting to win the league, but with some luck we may finish closer to challenging for it. I'd be happy with 3rd, I think. The Champions League could've been worse, but I'll be lucky to get 3rd there as well, who knows.

Avanti!

Edited by Weston

8 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah I was shocked at the start of the game. Especially since he had just moved. Always tends to be the case though italian contracts seem to get prioritsed less than Premier League etc.

I went through the data issue thread, and I didn't see Viganto's name anywhere. I guess it was not discovered and thought to be wrong. At least the £5k p/w + 3 years can be a thing for Vignato now :lol:

I also discovered from the thread that Hernani's loan was supposed to be made permanent, but in the game it is only optional.

7 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Im the same too paranoid that one change will effect the save down the line leading to a potential crash or something haha

Like-minded :D

jXZiaV0.png

Anybody know why there are doubles for Player of the Month and Manager of the Year?

And Player of the Year, I'm not sure on? Is AIC and Serie A supposed to be different awards or it is another doubles?

Edited by quee

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

AIC is Italian Player Association as far as I know, so that one and the Serie A Player of the Month might be separate awards.

So safe to assume Player of the Year is also the same.

What about for Manager of the Year? Miglior Allenatore AIC and Panchina d'Oro.

I've never seen different people won each of the similar awards, that's all :lol:

Thanks for the info!

26 minutes ago, Weston said:

There are awards given by the associations and then by the players / managers themselves, is my understanding.

Beats the point, tbh, if it's always the same people. Have you guys seen different people winning it in the same year?

In England, both similar awards can be won by different people at least.

24 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Someone managed to get a new Stadium?

@n1mez had the new Crespo Stadium coming up in his Parma save, not sure if he gets there yet.

As I said previously, it should definitely be Lucarelli Stadium instead :D

58 minutes ago, quee said:

So safe to assume Player of the Year is also the same.

What about for Manager of the Year? Miglior Allenatore AIC and Panchina d'Oro.

I've never seen different people won each of the similar awards, that's all :lol:

Thanks for the info!

Different winners in my save.
5895F6334FFABEFD95ACF94A7BB7D7410DF2B161EC751E960C3766FC09DC62F39610579DB3DCB06D

Kulusevski's first free-kick goal for Parma :D

As I said in update 16, my Assistant Manager always recommended him to be set as a free kick taker, a week later to take him off, then repeat. Now, hopefully he won't be indecisive anymore!

Don't you love it that you will know which one Kulusevski is by his hair alone? :lol:

This is why I'm disappointed Mejbri doesn't have his Afro-hair shown in the ME, tbh. Anybody have seen how Fellaini, David Luiz, Witsel are represented in the ME - hair-wise? How do they look like?

f0xupvp.png

5m2VRsR.png

As can be seen in mine, there's no 2018/2019 for the AIC, but maybe because it is the first year for the Serie A award?

33 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

has ronaldo winning  one that year and icardi the other.

1 minute ago, quee said:

As can be seen in mine, there's no 2018/2019 for the AIC, but maybe because it is the first year for the Serie A award?

Yeah that seems strange. In my game it was the one awarded first season which Chiesa won in game. Might be how your game is showing the years for awards. If you look at mine one is showing the single year eg 2019 the other is showing 2019-2020 where on your game there both showing as the latter.

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah that seems strange. In my game it was the one awarded first season which Chiesa won in game. Might be how your game is showing the years for awards. If you look at mine one is showing the single year eg 2019 the other is showing 2019-2020 where on your game there both showing as the latter.

Why is it different, though?

I only used name fixes, didn't download any DB changes.

You are right, I'm missing Chiesa's one in 2019 (should be the 2018-2019 season? So before FM20?)

It seems my next season (2022/2023) will also where the bug will appear? Alex Pritchard on yours. Or is it where Hataboer won it currently?

I think Weston also had the same bug for the same year, I believe?

Also, some awards are missing entries for the Month of May. Usually Goal of The Month, Player of The Month, Young Player of The Month.

Is it because of the lack of games played?

2 minutes ago, quee said:

Why is it different, though?

I only used name fixes, didn't download any DB changes.

You are right, I'm missing Chiesa's one in 2019 (should be the 2018-2019 season? So before FM20?)

It seems my next season (2022/2023) will also where the bug will appear? Alex Pritchard on yours. Or is it where Hataboer won it currently?

I think Weston also had the same bug for the same year, I believe?

I have no clue why it is different must be down to the different name fix files. By mine only having one year in the first award it carries on as normal. And My chiesa one was an in game Award seems to be halfway through the first season in game (see image). Im guessing its to get the award back on track. He has stats from that season and vote points. And I beleive Prithchard is the season after Hataboer.

32AE2C565D4F5B9510AEEE2DAE3D99F46E332BC1

15 minutes ago, quee said:

Also, some awards are missing entries for the Month of May. Usually Goal of The Month, Player of The Month, Young Player of The Month.

Is it because of the lack of games played?

Had to go to an older save too where it was at season end but im getting player and young player winners in may so no idea.

9757424929B22528FCF4F716C1089667A6E1824132F0873A3FAA0F1974648A916B56E965577B79AC
Bear in mind this season has no august because it was a season where only 1 league game took place in that month 26/08/2023

@quee these monza ones show all months.

CA4D1F1697E30C5AF27FB5845A407A3F9CDD4F50ED9DC818375F116360745AC1DC9905A0200C0773

Edited by WilsonJuve

9 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

name me something more infuriating than scoring only for VAR to spoil your day. Makes it worse when trying to come from behind.

Passing it into the GK's hand when 1v1 :lol:

Does VAR doesn't show the Hawk-eye tech in FM20?

I never got any lines or a closed up of the ball compared to FM19. Is it because of I'm watching it on the Director's camera?

18 minutes ago, quee said:

Passing it into the GK's hand when 1v1 :lol:

Does VAR doesn't show the Hawk-eye tech in FM20?

I never got any lines or a closed up of the ball compared to FM19. Is it because of I'm watching it on the Director's camera?

It shows the goal line angles etc if the ball may have crossed but thats all I have seen. And @Kaiduss I have a pretty similar record to you 7 games in. Mine is 4-3-0 so far including a 2-0 victory over napoli. Man Utd, Man City and Tottenham are already interested in Dijks with Solskjaer tunring up to his last 2 games.

Summer is done and season 3 is underway.

Here are my transfers.

2113817105_s3transfers.thumb.png.4c0f0a799f2f3972414957d9cb76e04b.png

Alphonso Davies was the wingback I wanted, and though I paid a little more than wanted I got him. Bailly and Perin come in as back ups as I realised I was short of players, both come in for a decent cheap price. Correa was the only big out, I have changed the formation slightly so he was just not going to fit.

In other transfer news, Inter lost Lukaku, Martinez and Chiesa, so for me as a title rival that is great news.

So onto my tactical change, I decided to ditch the no10, as it just wasn't working and changed to a flat midfield 3.

738007771_s3tactic.thumb.png.17f24d38170e07d5189b0d576f7a2609.png

It can look slightly defensive, but with the wingbacks thriving so far for me, especially Lazzari, it can easily be turned into quick attacks.

We won our 1st 2 games against Parma and Sampdoria, 2-0 and 1-0. We then got drawn in this champs league group.

1389875191_champsleaguegroup.thumb.png.cff6f4404c0f4a532ee56ac80ad4827c.png

Its tougher than I like, though I should at least have the comfort in a guaranteed 3rd and Europa place if things go wrong.

Lets hope for a successful season and finally toppling Juventus, Ronaldo has scored 4 goals in the 1st 2 games though so looks like gonna be another good season for him, which will make them difficult to stop.

36 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Summer is done and season 3 is underway.

Nice looking team that. Davies looks perfect for you, good spot!

Where would Almada and Gouri play without AMC/wingers?

I like your squad building style :brock:

As always, a massive fan of Italian football and loved reading this thread! I had a 2 year save with Pescara which was really challenging! Promoted in the first season, had 2mil to spend in the second season and finished 18th with 30 points. With the relegation and a lot of my squad in on loan due to leave, I don't fancy another Serie B challenge with a brand new squad, so.... I have decided to start a fresh game with either Torino or Sassuolo. 

Who has any experience with Millico or Raspadori? Both look like fantastic prospects but neither really developed in my game... has anyone seem then turn into real world beaters? Does anyone have any advice on either team??

Edited by FMbeginner

6 minutes ago, quee said:

Nice looking team that. Davies looks perfect for you, good spot!

Where would Almada and Gouri play without AMC/wingers?

I like your squad building style :brock:

Yea Davies is a player I quite like, previous saves Bayern just waste him so he doesn't develop. This formation is perfect for him so had to take an opportunity to get him early enough in the save, and to finally use him.

Gouiri is going to back up striker, that's where I mainly used him during his initial loan. Almada is a tough one not sure where he fits at the moment, might try to retrain him as a mezzala to be back up to SMS.

Thanks :thup: the 5-3-2 is new to me, created for this team and save, and I enjoying trying to build a team around it and tweaking it to hopefully de throne Juventus.

2 minutes ago, FMbeginner said:

As always, a massive fan of Italian football and loved reading this thread! I had a 2 year save with Pescara which was really challenging! Promoted in the first season, had 2mil to spend in the second season and finished 18th with 30 points. With the relegation and a lot of my squad in on loan due to leave, I don't fancy another Serie B challenge with a brand new squad, so.... I have decided to start a fresh game with either Torino or Sassuolo. 

Who has any experience with Millico or Raspadori? Both look like fantastic prospects but neither really developed in my game... has anyone seem then turn into real world beaters? Does anyone have any advice on either team??

Welcome! :D

Can't say regarding Millico or Raspadori as I'm only 3 seasons in, but Millico seems to be more on the right trajectory in my save.

Torino have a good team, headline by a great striker. Sassuolo have a more key group of players (Locatelli, Berardi, Boga) and a generally younger team. Personally I would go for Sassuolo as they do play nice football in real life. Depends on what you want from the save, though.

Also, whilst Raspadori is an exciting talent, I think Traore is the bigger talent and have something more to offer straight away and in the long-term.

Let us know what you will decide! Looking forward to your updates!

8 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Yea Davies is a player I quite like, previous saves Bayern just waste him so he doesn't develop. This formation is perfect for him so had to take an opportunity to get him early enough in the save, and to finally use him.

Gouiri is going to back up striker, that's where I mainly used him during his initial loan. Almada is a tough one not sure where he fits at the moment, might try to retrain him as a mezzala to be back up to SMS.

Thanks :thup: the 5-3-2 is new to me, created for this team and save, and I enjoying trying to build a team around it and tweaking it to hopefully de throne Juventus.

Anybody else in the youth teams that you're excited about apart from Armini and Anderson? I'm not familiar with Beldoni and Minardi, so have no idea how old they are :lol:

1 hour ago, sedge11 said:

So onto my tactical change, I decided to ditch the no10, as it just wasn't working and changed to a flat midfield 3

I’m giving the AMC role until the January transfer window as I’m also struggling with it. 

1 minute ago, Matt_1979 said:

I’m giving the AMC role until the January transfer window as I’m also struggling with it. 

I think it is a known problem involving the ME, mate. Even in FM19 many people shy away from it in the end as it just wasn't performing.

20 minutes ago, quee said:

Anybody else in the youth teams that you're excited about apart from Armini and Anderson? I'm not familiar with Beldoni and Minardi, so have no idea how old they are :lol:

Baldoni and Minardi are both regens, Minardi is the better of the 2 and hoping to really develop him in my midfield 3.

This is Minardi.

minardi.thumb.png.76b398e2a943ad6ea46ba4c7c3210fa7.png

They have a youngster called Raul Moro, looks pretty good, he's mainly a winger but can play as a striker, so hoping to involve him at some stage. Otherwise their youth really isn't that good to be honest.

15 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

In the 1st season Alberto was really good in the AMC role, but during season 2 I just couldn't get anyone to really perform. So made the decision to ditch it.

As quee said must be an ME thing.

1 minute ago, sedge11 said:

Raul Moro

Forgot about him being a Lazio player, he's on-loan at Bologna in my save. Good player, always dangerous when I played against him and scored a few as well. So much that I might even consider him myself :lol:

Minardi is looking solid, good regen that for that early in the game.

2 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

In the 1st season Alberto was really good in the AMC role, but during season 2 I just couldn't get anyone to really perform. So made the decision to ditch it.

As quee said must be an ME thing.

Maybe the Atlanta boys can let us know how their AMC is doing, since @turgi is using one for his save still.

He did say he was going to update us how the trident was working before, but haven't heard about it since :D

10 minutes ago, quee said:

Forgot about him being a Lazio player, he's on-loan at Bologna in my save. Good player, always dangerous when I played against him and scored a few as well. So much that I might even consider him myself :lol:

Minardi is looking solid, good regen that for that early in the game.

Do it he looks pretty good if developed right.

Yea got Minardi in my 1st youth intake, along with Baldoni, then in the 2nd season I probably had the worst intake I've ever had, it was dreadful :D.

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

2113817105_s3transfers.thumb.png.4c0f0a799f2f3972414957d9cb76e04b.png

My boy Gouiri! Treat him well, excited to see how he does for you. We had some beautiful years together - with 69 goals in 101 league appearances across 3 divisions, he's definitely the best striker I've managed in this career.

image.thumb.png.9f6accb600c650cee600261d9be6eec6.png

Edited by Weston

Hi, I am into my 3rd season - started managing Cavese in Serie C3. Managed to get promoted through the play offs but struggled in Serie B as I had no money for new players and the wage money went down! I quit before being fired in November 2021. Was unemployed for a couple of months before Modena gave me a call. I took over with them in 18th place in Serie C2. I took them to 8th but couldn't get into the play offs. In the summer I went after a Cavese player I thought would do well as he had previously. Signed Andrew Russotto on a free. Good left winger who scores too. Second season with Modena took them to the top and stayed there although had a wobble as the season ended. Now it's time to get some new talent to keep us in Serie B 😀

20 minutes ago, Unforced error said:

Hi, I am into my 3rd season - started managing Cavese in Serie C3. Managed to get promoted through the play offs but struggled in Serie B as I had no money for new players and the wage money went down! I quit before being fired in November 2021. Was unemployed for a couple of months before Modena gave me a call. I took over with them in 18th place in Serie C2. I took them to 8th but couldn't get into the play offs. In the summer I went after a Cavese player I thought would do well as he had previously. Signed Andrew Russotto on a free. Good left winger who scores too. Second season with Modena took them to the top and stayed there although had a wobble as the season ended. Now it's time to get some new talent to keep us in Serie B 😀

Nice! And welcome! :D

Not many continuing with their save after getting sacked/relegated, so I like it a lot that you're still on the same path.

Hopefully your previous experience in Serie B will help you the 2nd time around. Keep us posted!

2 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

Actually, on the newest ME i'd say the AMC position is OP. Before update it was DMC. However AM Att is the best one, and it seems only AP works of the other roles.
I had a Atlanta games with Ilicic and Gomez where Ilicic scored 28 goals from there.

3 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Actually, on the newest ME i'd say the AMC position is OP. Before update it was DMC. However AM Att is the best one, and it seems only AP works of the other roles.
I had a Atlanta games with Ilicic and Gomez where Ilicic scored 28 goals from there.

What was the pre-update DM situation?

I only played after the Winter Transfer Update.

54 minutes ago, Unforced error said:

Love that you stuck out the career even after hitting the rough patch, that's what adds flavor and realism to all of this and it's not easy to do! Excited to see how you make out.