[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

25 minutes ago, quee said:

By icons, I meant legends. :lol:

I think Stromberg Stadium or Gian Piero Gasperini Stadium would be the best sounding name.

Though Stromberg Stadium might not sounded Italian enough :lol:

Unless we relocate to Sweden ;) 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here we go the end of season 3, I apologise for the long post but I hope you all enjoy the read.

This is how the table look going into the final day.

268837902_finalday.thumb.png.fa74241523b43fd29e895e700e19ce71.png

We played Udinese away, Juventus had Atalanta at home.

Juventus raced into a 3-0 lead inside 10 minutes, while we looked nervous.

Half time and Juventus were 5-0 up, their game was done, we struggled to 0-0. So at half time Juventus would be champions.

2nd half, and Juventus went 7-0 up, we needed a goal...…. cue the 79th minute.

Lazzari skins 2 defenders, gets to the edge of the box puts his cross in, and there's SMS making a late run and nods it into the bottom corner. 1-0!!!!!!!!! Cue mass celebration.

381113013_titlecelebration.thumb.png.151ddc730c667acd9c4f419a53669fdb.png

The title is ours, after 3 seasons of hard work we finally take the title off Juventus.

1557434429_s3tablechampions.thumb.png.08dac6220a80c92e79e55343da90e34e.png

An excellent season, we brilliant all year and finally end Juventus dominance. We had the best defence in the league which showed in the team of the season.

1086167473_teamofyears3.thumb.png.0d414fde13a5bed9e82e13e9b652cd60.png

Now onto the champs league final against A Madrid.

All in all it was a dull final with barely any highlights, finishing 0-0 and onto penalties.

Almada scores 1-0 lazio

Koopmeiners scores 1-1

Luis Alberto scores 2-1 lazio

Morata scores 2-2 

Immobile scores 3-2 lazio

Fabinho scores 3-3 

Ajer scores 4-3 lazio

Saul scores 4-4 

Gouiri scores 5-4 lazio

Herrera scores

5-5, on to sudden death.

Tonali scores - 6-5 Lazio

Up steps Vitolo….. STRAKOSHA SAVES, an incredible save!!!!! Lazio win the champions league.

595415992_champsleaguewin.thumb.png.682d96ae6aee5880ab8061c7912dd34a.png

This was our run to the final.

48007936_clrun.thumb.png.43b31bf3566345900562cab9804ed706.png

Gouiri won top goal scorer in the champions league, while Strakosha wins his 2nd golden glove of the season.

What a season, incredible. After a decent but mediocre 1st 2 seasons, where struggled and had to fight for everything only winning the Italian cup, we stepped up and deserved what we won.

Here was the overall stats for season 3, sorted by average rating.

1981301815_s3stats.thumb.png.25b254694e8407bb84ea6697dec72405.png

I did try to upload a video of the SMS title winning goal and the penalty save but wouldn't work.

So now onto season 4, can we defend our titles?

I'm not sure what's going to happen transfer wise. Alberto is probably going to leave and Caicedo's contract is up, apart from that I'm not sure.

Hope you all will enjoy the read.

5 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Hope you all will enjoy the read.

Good read, @sedge11!

Double congratulations!

Press Conference time @sedge11:

1) How was that for a season? Your first league title and a with a European double at that! Must be happy?

2) Took you 3 years, is it worth it? This is your 2nd and 3rd trophy with Lazio, must be an enjoyable journey so far?

3) What's next? Will you stay and keep winning with Lazio for the long-term? Or is this a stepping-stone for something greater?

4) You managed to win the trophies with 8 of the players that you started with, how important was it to have that continuity and slowly building the squad?

5) You mentioned a possible departure with Luis Alberto, do you have someone in mind to come in already? What will your transfer strategy be for the coming season? Big names or a Lazio-fit player? Maybe a swiss-army-knife kind of player instead?

6) Finally, your recent Academy graduate, Minardi, was part of the success this season. Is this something you're looking to do more over the coming years?

@sedge11's answers:

Spoiler

Storm out!

:lol:

5 hours ago, sedge11 said:

I did try to upload a video of the SMS title winning goal and the penalty save but wouldn't work.

Did you try export package from the review highlights?

You then need to minimise the size (forum is 9mb max) by using a converter (I used SmartConverter on Mac).

Intense transfer activity in the summer at Inter! It is true that some were pre-arranged deals, like Politano, Pinamonti or Icardi going out and Barella and Sensi going in. But we did some pretty bold moves also. First of all, we cleared out a lot of... wouldn't call them dead wood, but players who were either old, non-italian or didn't figure in our plans: Perisic, Nainggolan, Joao Mario, Lazaro, Gagliardini, Godin, Dalbert etc. The surprise pack is selling Handanovic, which was one year left on his contract and wouldn't sign a new one for less than 10 million. I gambled a bit and sent him away. Despite selling all these players we did not have a lot to work with in buying, as the board would only put 20% of sales into the transfer budget. We had at a moment 75 million in bank and an accepted bid for Pelegrini from Rome. He wanted to come with us but I figured with that much money I can do better, so bought Nicolas Dominguez, Rolando Mandragora and Ricardo Orsolini for pretty much the same amount, together with some rotation options and newly produced regens of high potential.

Now, I know I have taken a big gamble, as our squad seems a bit thiner on paper than last season, but it's a game and I really want to turn Inter into a 100% Italian and academy players team. If we take the current squad in a small analysis:
- In goal we are weaker, as neither Gollini or Radu are close to Handanovici. Have not yet decided who will start and who will be reserve, in the 2 official games so far Handanovici played before selling him. Probably going to favor Radu in the beginning, but it's a compartment we will have to look careful in the future. 
- Defense: the same starting 3 in the middle: Bastoni, de Vrij and Skriniar, and behind them Izzo, Calabresi, Papetti and Pirola. Not a lot of quality behind the 3 starters, but hopefully the young ones will surprise me in a pleasant way. On the left we have Biraghi and Dimarco rotating. On the right we have Candevra and... who else? Now I took another big gamble here, as we brought in Orsolini to play there! He is natural AMR and competent at MC or AMC, can play even at St, but I want to retrain him at RWB and give him a lot of playing time against lesser teams where we won't defend to much.
- Midfield: probably one of the stronger positions, where behind the starting lineup Eriksen, Barella, Brozovic, we already had Sensi and Viviani and added Mandragora and Dominguez. Might be a little to much and Eriksen might be sold in the winter. 
- Attack: best strikers partners in the league Lautaro Lukako with two hot italian prospects behind Esposito Salcedo and I am not worried about our goalscoring capacity.
Looking forward to seeing if we can compete in the current formula, not confident we can win the title again or even Champions League, but I would be satisfied if we keep our position at the top and the CL money while I keep my job and the young players grow.

FC-Internazionale-Milano_-Players42de93d

FC-Internazionale-Milano_-Players-3c52b6

I've finished my first season in Serie A, and it all ended with my Reggina side in third place, which I am very pleased with!

Juventus won the title again, as Lazio drew against Cagliari on the third to last matchday of the season.

Table

Spoiler

JUORnYc.png

Sadly, Dany Mota didn't become capocannoniere, as he scored 21 goals, just as Immobile did. But Immobile did it in one less appearance, and thus won. That feels kind of empty, but still a great year for my Portuguese hitman.

Dany Mota

Spoiler

BA43VC4.png

I've now made it to transfer season, and I have a lot of holes to fill. André Andersons loan is expiring, and with an optional future fee at €17M and a transfers budget of only €14.5M, it looks like a longshot to make that signing permanent. The only other loan player, I would consider making a bid for is Harrison Marcelin, but he looks far too expensive for me.

I have decided that both wingbacks and one of my central midfielders (either my BtB or DLP) needs improving. I doubt I will sign two wingbacks, but especially Pietro Beruatto just doesn't cut it for a club in the Champions League. I have had a look at Fausto Vera for my central midfield. My scouts rate him at a perfect 100, and he is being chased by Chelsea, Manchester City, and Juventus, so I will have to move pretty decisively if I want him, I think. He is an Argentine international, and I suspect I will be able to flip him for a nice profit if he has a good year.

Fausto Vera

Spoiler

m1E2HUK.png

7EG4RoB.png

I am considering going to a 4-2-3-1 next year, both to accommodate Bruno Varano on the left wing, but also to give my self some extra depth in central defence, I just really like my 3-5-2. 

I have brought in Chumi from Barcelona B on a free transfer, so that leaves my with two or three holes to fill, and I have €7M to do so, if I sign Vera. Wish me luck...

Tactical outlook for next year / Chumi

Spoiler

yJebgMX.png

pxQVijg.png

6 hours ago, quee said:

Good read, @sedge11!

Double congratulations!

Press Conference time @sedge11:

1) How was that for a season? Your first league title and a with a European double at that! Must be happy?

2) Took you 3 years, is it worth it? This is your 2nd and 3rd trophy with Lazio, must be an enjoyable journey so far?

3) What's next? Will you stay and keep winning with Lazio for the long-term? Or is this a stepping-stone for something greater?

4) You managed to win the trophies with 8 of the players that you started with, how important was it to have that continuity and slowly building the squad?

5) You mentioned a possible departure with Luis Alberto, do you have someone in mind to come in already? What will your transfer strategy be for the coming season? Big names or a Lazio-fit player? Maybe a swiss-army-knife kind of player instead?

6) Finally, your recent Academy graduate, Minardi, was part of the success this season. Is this something you're looking to do more over the coming years?

@sedge11's answers:

Reveal hidden contents

Storm out!

:lol:

Haha brilliant.

1) Very happy, the champs league win was very unexpected, I actually didn’t get expect to get out of the group stage, and then to beat Liverpool and city at home to go through was amazing. I seem to have a much harder Juventus in my save if you look at points totals, which I quite like makes it challenging and more satisfying when we do beat them.

2) Love the save, have got quite invested in this team.

3) Carrying on with Lazio. The overall aim of the save is to move around to couple different teams, but I want at least 1 more league title maybe more before I think about moving on (dependent on jobs available).

4) I’m not one to buy 7-8 players a season generally or to have a huge clear out so I’m always a slow squad builder. I think I have built a good team without spending too much as well. Plus players like Acerbi, Lazzari and Strakosha have been brilliant with vital contributions.

5) No one in mind yet, not sure what to do transfer wise at moment. Going to take some time to assess the squad. Previous seasons I’ve had a clear plan.

6) I would like to yes, but we have had 2 pretty bad youth intakes in a row, so Minardi and Baldoni will be the only ones coming through for now, along with Armini. But getting the age of the squad down needed doing, as Lazio’s squad did have quite a few older players in it.

Edited by sedge11

1 hour ago, Adzke said:

@Muttley84 Have you had any newgens to speak of? Inter seem to have very good facilities on my game.

We have to keep in mind that I am playing on Touch so my intakes are considerable smaller. However, from the first one with have a ST which our staff rate at 4.5 potential, and a couple of 3s (DC and ST). Will keep them in the reserves together with the ones I bought and see how they develop till they turn 17-18 and then decide if I loan them out or give them game time myself. Oh, and  interesting thing two Chinese guys in the intake (guess Zhang got his boys in there) but they are pretty much useless. 

Season 3 with Roma. Currently experimenting wiht my formation to use Inside Forwards instead of Wingers and it goes pretty good thus far. Managed to smash spurs 5-1 for the Super Cup through a Pellegri brace and a Kluivert hattrick.

Squad currently is as follows:

1447912905_Romasquadseason3.thumb.jpg.8c6448e724e0b1d5ce255dbefd16a13e.jpg

Dodo was for a free, but Tierney became available after so he's now just a back up that will be sold on as soon as I can. Kulusevski has been poor last season so interest from Premier League clubs had me feeling some sort of way but they never really came in. Hopefully he'll perform now with a small formation tweak.

Still not sure if I'm going to commit for a full season again or start a new career at another club or maybe at Inter or something.

3 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Looking forward to seeing if we can compete in the current formula, not confident we can win the title again or even Champions League, but I would be satisfied if we keep our position at the top and the CL money while I keep my job and the young players grow.

Pretty big squad there, will you be able to register them all for Europe?

2 hours ago, Adzke said:

Will you try to make a fresh bid for Anderson? He might be able to come for less than 17m after his loan expires.

1 hour ago, sedge11 said:

Haha brilliant.

Nice one, mate. Just glad no storming out was done :lol:

1 hour ago, turgi said:

Urgent! What happens to the player I DON'T sign?

Still joins usually but they never gave that option before from my experience. So, it might get cancelled?

12 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

Kulusevski has been poor last season so interest from Premier League clubs had me feeling some sort of way but they never really came in. Hopefully he'll perform now with a small formation tweak.

:(

12 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

Still not sure if I'm going to commit for a full season again or start a new career at another club or maybe at Inter or something.

I think you need to set a challenge for yourself before you start a new save. If you always get bored after 2-3 seasons after winning everything too soon, then a tweak in gamestyle might be better for you to get invested and having fun in your saves.

21 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

We have to keep in mind that I am playing on Touch so my intakes are considerable smaller. However, from the first one with have a ST which our staff rate at 4.5 potential, and a couple of 3s (DC and ST). Will keep them in the reserves together with the ones I bought and see how they develop till they turn 17-18 and then decide if I loan them out or give them game time myself. Oh, and  interesting thing two Chinese guys in the intake (guess Zhang got his boys in there) but they are pretty much useless. 

I hadn't thought of that! They have just given Conte the sack on my game, and I really wanted that job, but I wasn't mentioned in the media, and decided not to pursue it. The same goes for Milan as they fired Rafa. Inter hired Diego Simeone, and Milan hired Allegri. Napoli have hired Mourinho. Not a lot of chances for me with names of that caliber.

The club has just had a small reputation boost, and now only seven Serie B clubs enjoy a higher reputation than my Reggina side :D

1 hour ago, quee said:

:(

I think you need to set a challenge for yourself before you start a new save. If you always get bored after 2-3 seasons after winning everything too soon, then a tweak in gamestyle might be better for you to get invested and having fun in your saves.

I mean that's kinda the problem. I try to pay as much money straight up to prevent me from doing crazy transfers and building crazy teams quickly. On top of that, I always try to promote good looking youth players to the first team and I try to not go for the outrageous standard transfers everyone does like Haaland, Mbappe etc. so I've kinda already tweaked my gamestyle.

It also definitely doesn't help that in this edition there are a lot of good clubs to take over each with a different project to undergo. When it goes easy in one save, that causes me to be easily persuaded. Which is a bit annoying.

2 hours ago, turgi said:

Urgent! What happens to the player I DON'T sign?

image.thumb.png.0ae940921c0464493363db94a0ffe6fc.png

As far as I know he joins but you can't register him so you have to loan him out, but I haven't encountered this in FM20, and this part of the game has been very very buggy in recent years.

40 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

I mean that's kinda the problem. I try to pay as much money straight up to prevent me from doing crazy transfers and building crazy teams quickly. On top of that, I always try to promote good looking youth players to the first team and I try to not go for the outrageous standard transfers everyone does like Haaland, Mbappe etc. so I've kinda already tweaked my gamestyle.

As much money up front can also mean not using instalments in the future.

Haaland and Mbappe are more outliers in terms of transfers as they still need huge transfers and wages to get, and as for Mbappe only a handful of clubs could afford him anyway.

But each to their own :D If you want to do a different save, then go for it.

32 minutes ago, Weston said:

As far as I know he joins but you can't register him so you have to loan him out, but I haven't encountered this in FM20, and this part of the game has been very very buggy in recent years.

So does this happen only when they are joining on the same day or something?

Never seen it before.

12 minutes ago, quee said:

Never seen it before.

Had it with my save too so I had to pick Edson Álvarez, over someone else.

2 minutes ago, john1 said:

What happened to the other guy?

Can't believe you guys are not following the non-EU rules :D

Btw, in regards to our Stadium name discussion earlier, I think they should always localised it. So, Stadio Gasperini instead of Gasperini Stadium, for example.

Definitely a feature to improve on in the future.

3 minutes ago, quee said:

What happened to the other guy?

Can't believe you guys are not following the non-EU rules :D

Btw, in regards to our Stadium name discussion earlier, I think they should always localised it. So, Stadio Gasperini instead of Gasperini Stadium, for example.

Definitely a feature to improve on in the future.

It was a kid from Serbia :D  Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets called Gasperini :lol: 

Would like to see something like a voting by fans on what the stadium should be named for next FM version?

5 hours ago, quee said:

Pretty big squad there, will you be able to register them all for Europe?

Now that you mention it, in both season I never got a message for registrating players. Could be a bug of FM Touch?

Otherwise I dont thing it would be such a big problem as we now have enough HomeGrown players and even some trained at the club.

So this just happened!!!!! First I was filled with rage. I hate when you are trying to make a project and the board just sell players above your head

17A86F61DEFA48C7BD8D7BB7AAA370498C2B15F4

Then this........

Spoiler

7E3AD4B72EFFDB2836E673989D61EE9E3045C704 As I mentioned in my update the board seem to love me. Glad that is sorted for the time being. Could have made things really difficult for me.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

73e488ac6b87df934366fb9176f44027.png

Very surprised to see this news, as he stated he would never leave the club when I took over. Currently 165M in the bank.

Suppose it is down to money. Before you joined im guessing they never had a bank balance close to that so in his mind he seen no reason to consider leaving. Now the club has that kind of cash in the bank he knows the club will be valued a lot more than he beleived to be possible. All of a sudden he is up for selling. Money talks.

So I've decided to commit for another season. I always doubt but once I play on, I'll realize I find this too much worth to leave it. It certainly helps I've been wanting to manage Pellegri for like 2 editions already and he's an absolute monster.

New tactic tweak thus far goes great. Hopefully I finally found my standard formation for FM.

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Then this........

Hope you have offered him a new contract now? :D

2 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Now that you mention it, in both season I never got a message for registrating players. Could be a bug of FM Touch?

Otherwise I dont thing it would be such a big problem as we now have enough HomeGrown players and even some trained at the club.

Must be not part of the game for FMT.

7 hours ago, quee said:

Never seen it before.

7 hours ago, john1 said:

It only happens when you have gone over your allotted amount.

Always remember to have one non-EU player you don't care about on-hand to sell abroad each season, which you can achieve by signing one for as little as possible from a domestic club so he doesn't count towards your max.

3 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

So this just happened!!!!! First I was filled with rage. I hate when you are trying to make a project and the board just sell players above your head

17A86F61DEFA48C7BD8D7BB7AAA370498C2B15F4

Then this........

Reveal hidden contents

7E3AD4B72EFFDB2836E673989D61EE9E3045C704 As I mentioned in my update the board seem to love me. Glad that is sorted for the time being. Could have made things really difficult for me.

Kind of feels like an exploit now, but if the board does not agree to cancel the transfer you can get out of it by offering to other clubs. You can't cancel the deal the board agreed to, but the player can to accept a different offer instead, and you're able to cancel the other ones yourself.

On 04/05/2020 at 20:05, quee said:

Welcome to the thread! 5 seasons with Sampdoria, and you're having fun! :D That is more important than winning everything in the first 2 seasons and not having fun :lol:

I hope you will continue your save as I'm sure you're just a few pieces away from completing your squad to win the title.

Can we have a look at your squad now? Hope to hear more updates from you!

I'm sorry to say I left at the end of season 5. The vultures came in to unsettle my squad and take the talent, and I didn't feel like the rebuild. I took the Real Madrid job when they offered it to me and took Bellingham with me. I'm now in 2025 and plan to go into a 4 year spell of international management after the  world cup. Hopefully it works out and Azzurri want me. 

7 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Suppose it is down to money. Before you joined im guessing they never had a bank balance close to that so in his mind he seen no reason to consider leaving. Now the club has that kind of cash in the bank he knows the club will be valued a lot more than he beleived to be possible. All of a sudden he is up for selling. Money talks.

Probably, as we valued at 834M :thup: 

AC Milan - Season 3: January Update

So, as a brief recap, last season we missed out not he Serie A title by 1 point to rivals Inter who came out of nowhere to leapfrog ourselves and Juve i the final two weeks of the season.

We had a terrible Champions League campaign and failed to make it out the group stages, however, this put us in the Euro Cup which we won by defeating Tottenham on penalties.

Transfer-wise we bolstered our already a little overcrowded midfield with the signings of Eduardo Camavinga and Renato Sanches, both from Ligue 1 in France.

Pre-Season

Our pre-season went well with a couple of big wins over Juventus (2-0) and Torino (6-1) so I was full of confidence going into the season.

European Super Cup: Milan 2 - PSG 4

The glories of pre-season were soon forgotten after a tough game versus PSG. We went 2-0 up with both goals coming from new signing Renato Sanches, however it then turned into the Mbappe show as he scored FOUR goals to give PSG the victory. Maybe one of this goals could’ve been saved....the rest were unbelievable.

Serie A: Our first loss game in week 2 when we were defeated 2-0 by Roma - in fairness they did dominate. Vlahovic missed another penalty after also missing one in a week 1 victory.

Franck Kessie notched up a fine hat-trick against Genoa on deadline day, after I’d managed t fend off a couple of offers from Liverpool - who also signed martin Odegaard for £58m

We were up near the top of the league, however back to back draws against Napoli and Parma (who seem to be turning into a bogie team) saw Juventus extend their lead to four points. We soon kicked back into form as Kessie bagged himself another hat-trick, this time against defending league champions, and rivals, Inter in a 6-1 demolition!!!!  (However, last year I beat Inter 4-1 and they went onto win the league!).

The highs were soon met with lows as we lost a crucial game vs Juventus as two early Ronaldo goals and a Sanches sending off saw us fall to a 2-1 defeat, which was then followed up with a 1-0 loss to Fiorentina in which we had a 86th minute equaliser ruled out by VAR and then Chiesa tracked back to put in a last ditch tackle in added time to deny Kessie an open goal. Chiesa scored against me as he always does, and his scouting report says he’s extremely interested in a move to us.....maybe I should be taking a hint....?

After 22 games we find ourselves in 2nd place, four points behind Juventus.

Champions League:

We had a more favourable group this year as we were up against Lyon (again) Besiktas and FK Austria Vienna.

We comfortable despatched OL in the first game in a 3-0 victory which saw two goals from centreback Romagnoli and one from Leao. Besiktas took an early lead but we soon pegged them back and went out to win 3-1. FK Vienna were easy and were well beaten in both games. 

We thrashed Besiktas 4-0 at home and lost 2-0 to OL but we had a team of reserves due to having already won the group. We will face Man Utd in the first knockout tie. Dammit.

January Transfer Window:

Despite lots of interest in Kessie, Leao, Vlahovic and Bennacer we received no serious offers so the team remains in tact. We have pulled off quite a move and managed to capture the signing of Nathan Ake for next season as his contract with Bournemouth is expiring, so he’ll join us at the end of the season. 

Once again, our Youth Intake promises to be very uninspiring..... I definitely need to pay more attention to our academy system.....

F9DEF36D-FAF1-4FE1-B200-7C6E15876A0C.jpeg

F265D79D-2540-4991-A828-077A61F43180.jpeg

Edited by Matt_1979

My transfers spree is all but done. I managed to secure Fausto Vera ahead of Juventus and Manchester City, which was quite the coup for me! He does however take up no less than 25.1 percent of our total wage budget, but his value is also four times that of my second most valuable player. He's still rated at five stars in CA and PA, and I'm not sure I've ever seen that before. Says something about the general level of my players as well, I guess...

Vera

Spoiler

yJZil0K.png

I am staving off some clubs who are interested in Luca Ranieri and Gabriele Rolanda. Udinese came in with an loan offer for Ranieri with an obligation to buy for €8.25M, but I rejected it, as I had paid more myself just a year ago.

Ranieri / Rolando

Spoiler

zS4xFmk.png

ZvHhxW0.png

I have spent my transfer funds, but I have asked my board to sign André Anderson, and they have had a bid of €3M accepted, which looks promising. I just hope they offer him a decent contract, and still manage to beat out Sassuolo for his signature. If not, 17 year old Bruno Varano will be my starting AMC next season. If my board pulls this transfer off, I will have saved €14M compared to the clause in his loan last year, just as @quee suggested!

Anderson / Varano

Spoiler

RTr1SX0.png

1rDWqxy.png

I have signed a young Argentinian named Mateo Palavicini, whom Manchester United were also interested in. So I ended up giving ham quite a salary for an 18-year-old, and to (try to...) circumvent the rules for foreign players, he won't arrive until next summer, as I couldn't clear out a  non-EU spot.

Palavicini

Spoiler

OkrxOFA.png

My assistant has only scheduled a single friendly this summer, so my team is in horrible shape, so I curious as to what their level of play will be once the season starts in a week. I have also changed my captain. Simone Corazza hardly ever plays for me, so I have promoted Eric Garcia from vice-captain to captain, and I have promoted Luca Ranieri to vice-captain.

Edited by Adzke

1 hour ago, Matt_1979 said:

Despite lots of interest in Kessie, Leao, Vlahovic and Bennacer we received no serious offers so the team remains in tact. We have pulled off quite a move and managed to capture the signing of Nathan Ake for next season as his contract with Bournemouth is expiring, so he’ll join us at the end of the season. 

Nice coup that! A great squad on the way with some steals as well.

12 minutes ago, Adzke said:

If my board pulls this transfer off, I will have saved €14M compared to the clause in his loan last year, just as @quee suggested!

Glad to be of help! :D FM is so dynamic that anything can change even after a month!

Is Ranieri the player with all 11s at the start of the game? He seems familiar and I can't recall where I've seen him from before.

14 minutes ago, Adzke said:

My assistant has only scheduled a single friendly this summer

Must be related to WC year since the season is starting earlier?

You actually went ahead of me now as I haven't play for a few days and still stuck in May/early June :lol:

4 minutes ago, quee said:

Glad to be of help! :D FM is so dynamic that anything can change even after a month!

Is Ranieri the player with all 11s at the start of the game? He seems familiar and I can't recall where I've seen him from before.

Must be related to WC year since the season is starting earlier?

You actually went ahead of me now as I haven't play for a few days and still stuck in May/early June :lol:

Yes, I think that's Ranieri. I signed him from Fiorentina, and he may be on loan at Ascoli in the first season. He does a very good job for me as a BPD, and he was my signing and player of the year last year.

I think you are right about the World Cup, hadn't given that a thought. But that must be the reason.

cT0P7Nc.png

I've never used the option to make my board sign a player before, but this is some coup for me! The contract isn't even that crazy (I never give yearly wage rises, but it could be worse at only 5 percent). Now, we are truly ready for the season.

1 hour ago, AceCream said:

Hi guys, I plan on managing Hellas Verona. Any recommended signings and tactics for a team predicted to end up in 19th place in the Serie A?

Welcome! :D

Good choice! Actually Verona should have enough in the starting team to fight away from relegation battle comfortably.

They also have some of the more interesting player in Serie A this year, Kumbulla chief amongst them. In real life, Amrabat is also someone who is very important to their style of play. On top of those 2, Veloso as captain and setpiece specialist, Rrahmani as the more experience defender, Zaccagni as the creative outlet would be the base of the team I think.

My advice would be to just start playing the game and discover it along the way.

As can be seen in this thread, there are a few people who couldn't even start a game because they always waited on inputs from other people to make their decisions. They either ignored any advice given or nobody keep giving them advice on the same repeated question.

Asking for help is great and is what the thread is for. But not essentially letting others play it for you.

So, start the game, spend an hour or so getting familiarise with the game (if you haven't played FM20 before) and with Verona as a club especially.

From what I saw of Verona in real life, they like to use a variation of 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1. Basically a general 3-5-2, with alterations as needed for the bigger games.

9 minutes ago, Adzke said:

I think you are right about the World Cup, hadn't given that a thought. But that must be the reason.

Yeah, if you noticed, your team would have came back earlier in the summer as well? Mine coming back on 27th of June, luckily my youth teams didn't go any further in the end of season competition, so we have a good 5 weeks of holiday this year. Would have been 7-8 weeks on a normal year. This also played a helping hand into my transfer decisions when I resume my save this week :D

4 minutes ago, Adzke said:

I've never used the option to make my board sign a player before, but this is some coup for me! The contract isn't even that crazy (I never give yearly wage rises, but it could be worse at only 5 percent). Now, we are truly ready for the season.

Get in! I actually regretted not getting Anderson now, as left in the AI hands, he seems to be going on-loan only to Serie B clubs and hindering his development in mine. He did changed his mind about declaring for Italy in season 3 though, not sure if he would have more chance with Brazil tbh :lol:

4 minutes ago, quee said:

Welcome! :D

Good choice! Actually Verona should have enough in the starting team to fight away from relegation battle comfortably.

They also have some of the more interesting player in Serie A this year, Kumbulla chief amongst them. In real life, Amrabat is also someone who is very important to their style of play. On top of those 2, Veloso as captain and setpiece specialist, Rrahmani as the more experience defender, Zaccagni as the creative outlet would be the base of the team I think.

My advice would be to just start playing the game and discover it along the way.

As can be seen in this thread, there are a few people who couldn't even start a game because they always waited on inputs from other people to make their decisions. They either ignored any advice given or nobody keep giving them advice on the same repeated question.

Asking for help is great and is what the thread is for. But not essentially letting others play it for you.

So, start the game, spend an hour or so getting familiarise with the game (if you haven't played FM20 before) and with Verona as a club especially.

From what I saw of Verona in real life, they like to use a variation of 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1. Basically a general 3-5-2, with alterations as needed for the bigger games.

Wow thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I agree with you that I should just start and make decisions along the way instead of overthinking things!

I have played A LOT of FM before, especially 07 and 08 and more recently 15, 18 and 19. This will be my first proper FM20 Save. I am familiar with most of the new features such as training, the development center and so on. 

I have a soft spot for Verona after I visited often whilst living in Milan, I even created 3 in-game kits for them where I used their 84-85 kit as inspiration. I will show you them later. 

I will start the career during my lunch break (in about 60-80 mins) and keep you guys updated :)

Just now, AceCream said:

I have a soft spot for Verona after I visited often whilst living in Milan, I even created 3 in-game kits for them where I used their 84-85 kit as inspiration. I will show you them later. 

Nice! Loving the extra effort, can see the immersion already on your part :D

2 minutes ago, AceCream said:

I will start the career during my lunch break (in about 60-80 mins) and keep you guys updated :)

Please do. Despite my advice in the previous post, we do welcome questions if people need any help or advice, just as long as we are not expected to play it for you for every step of the way :lol:

Looking forward to your updates and welcome to the thread! Hope you will enjoy it here :D

I have a soft spot for Verona irl and I'm a fan of Kumbulla and Amrabat as well. Already got Amrabat in my Parma save, and only a waiting game with Kumbulla now :D

11 minutes ago, quee said:

Yeah, if you noticed, your team would have came back earlier in the summer as well? Mine coming back on 27th of June, luckily my youth teams didn't go any further in the end of season competition, so we have a good 5 weeks of holiday this year. Would have been 7-8 weeks on a normal year. This also played a helping hand into my transfer decisions when I resume my save this week :D

Get in! I actually regretted not getting Anderson now, as left in the AI hands, he seems to be going on-loan only to Serie B clubs and hindering his development in mine. He did changed his mind about declaring for Italy in season 3 though, not sure if he would have more chance with Brazil tbh :lol:

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to it. I'm not even sure, I have set a return date, but I propably have...

He's still only a U21 international on my save, so I hope he will have his first call-up while a Reggina player. I'm really looking forward to playing him. I too hate seeing promising players go to waste over the AI not picking them. So good for him that my board knew how to negotiate :D

1 hour ago, Adzke said:

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to it. I'm not even sure, I have set a return date, but I propably have...

Your board didn't set it for you then? Must be my Parma board only then :lol:

1 hour ago, Adzke said:

He's still only a U21 international on my save, so I hope he will have his first call-up while a Reggina player. I'm really looking forward to playing him. I too hate seeing promising players go to waste over the AI not picking them. So good for him that my board knew how to negotiate :D

Yeah, I have the same feeling regarding the Italy national team. Usually it's a race who will get capped first as a Parma player for me. In FM19, Inglese got his before Bastoni.

In FM20, Inglese had one call up at the end of the first season, and Cistana also got one in the latest season. Both didn't get their first cap though. Does look like Inglese won't get his in this version. Would be amazing if my Palmucci get it in the future!

Is it me or are national sides ridiculous with call ups? Kluivert has been unreal for 3 seasons and only got 2 call ups for the Netherlands. Antony has been unreal last season as well and only just now got a call up for Brazil. Meanwhile, Pellegri, despite ridiculous goalscoring form, still hasn't been called up for Italy, and Cristante continues to get ignored hard while playing well.