Too, I've been taking a bit of time with my son before he leaves for boot camp. His graduation party is Saturday, Father's Day is Sunday here, and then we only have two weeks before he ships out to Fort "Lost In The Woods" (Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri) on 1 July.

As I've mentioned, he'll be gone for six months so I'm trying to get in as much Dad time as I can. After that you guys are stuck with me.

I can start calling you 'dad' and asking you for money, if you think it'll help? :D

(I jest, hope you enjoy your time with your son before he ships out 10-3!):lol::lol:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already have a daughter who does that, thanks :p

But thanks for the good wishes. Trying to figure out where the last 18 years of my life went, and so far that's not a very fun exercise, I can assure you.

Creepy thread-lurker, working the overnight and planning a family trip to Texas next week. Last Griswald Family Vacation before the eldest daughter goes off to university (okay, she's living at home and the university is 8 blocks from the house, but still...). Trying to figure out how to survive FM withdrawal for a week, wondering if my wife will allow me to bring along my other daughter's netbook that has FM'11 loaded on it...just for a little light play in the hotel room, evenings. It's either that or self-medicate with a 6-pack of Texas finest suds.

Oh, and happy father's day weekend, everyone.

Could one of you kind mods please add the following links to the FMS Archives please.

Possiamo essere eroi - We can be Heroes Markwilson27

Play Up Pompey: The Renaissance of Portsmouth F.C. qpontiac

Hitting The Bar mistahc

An Englishman in New York - a short story mistahc

The Outcast WLKRAS

Hey, Nineteen (The Saga of FMS FC) tenthreeleader

The seven deadly sins (Short) Panpardus

Is there anyway I can add future stories to the archives one PM's posts without having to hassle you mods

And now I'm not feigning being hurt. It's a ridiculous appointment by a ridiculous club. Sadly they're my choice of club for all my sins and crimes in a former life.

I hear what you are saying Gav, that Newcastle's woes are a punishment for the sins of a former life, but for god's sake man, what ? what on earth could you have done in a former life that could possibly make Newcastle as much of a laughing stock as they currently are ??

Just one question, does it involve animals ? ;)

I hear what you are saying Gav, that Newcastle's woes are a punishment for the sins of a former life, but for god's sake man, what ? what on earth could you have done in a former life that could possibly make Newcastle as much of a laughing stock as they currently are ??

Just one question, does it involve animals ? ;)

Probably several animals.

Hi all. Hope you're enjoying Wimbledon. I know I am. Really fun tournament this year.

Without your beloved Federer Scott??

Actually not enjoyed it as much this year. Sure seeing Nadal and Federer going out early is a nice change, but going to make the latter stages less interesting. Has a Djokovic - Murray final written all over it but will be interesting to see how Djokovic can get past Berdych and Ferrer/Del Potro.

Without your beloved Federer Scott??

Actually not enjoyed it as much this year. Sure seeing Nadal and Federer going out early is a nice change, but going to make the latter stages less interesting. Has a Djokovic - Murray final written all over it but will be interesting to see how Djokovic can get past Berdych and Ferrer/Del Potro.

Lisicki has brightened it up!!

Shame about today though.

Can anybody help, I've posted this in the editor forum but no one has replied yet, I'm trying to add a manager into the game via editor. Its accepted the manager whilst in editor but when I load the database and game it doesn't show the manager...any ideas lads

Can anybody help, I've posted this in the editor forum but no one has replied yet, I'm trying to add a manager into the game via editor. Its accepted the manager whilst in editor but when I load the database and game it doesn't show the manager...any ideas lads

the start date and contract date has to be earlier than the season start date. It defaults to July normally, so put it as January.

Oh, and it depends on reputation of the club/manager, nationality, etc as well. you can load the database retaining all of a certain nationality.

Is the league playable?

You mean an unemployed manager, or one at a club?

If unemployed, then what mistahc said.

If at a club, then it should show up.

there wouldn't be a contract date for unemployed. Seem to recall that if you use minus fields to indicate a range (i.e -8) they don't appear.

Try a test and custom the database and retain all people of the nationality. I would expect that would make it appear.

Also, I noticed you put the post in the bugs forum editor forum. Editor's hideaway would give expert users a chance to answer, only SI look at the bugs section.

If you can't figure a way round it, start a new game, find a manager on it who is unemployed and in the game and just change him to match your needs in the editor. It's not a fix but it's a solution! :D

If you can't figure a way round it, start a new game, find a manager on it who is unemployed and in the game and just change him to match your needs in the editor. It's not a fix but it's a solution! :D

Never thought of doing it that way. Cheers Gav

*blows dust off account*

Evening, all. How's everyone doing?

An update on my apparent globetrotting. I'm moving again. The company I came to work for in France is relocating to Belfast, so come October I shall be back in the UK. I reckon if I can go six months there without moving somewhere else I'll be pretty happy.

You've probably solved this already ... BUT there are two ways to do this

* One is to do what you've done, but to pay close attention to the nations that you are loading. It's a bit of a nightmare, honestly: you have to sort of hit the sweet spot between reputation, nationality, the size/depth of database. The best results are if the manager is of the nationality where you want him to manage. The problem is that if you set the reputation too high, you won't get the career you want to follow.

* Another way is to go the rename route. BUT, if you want to do that, use an .ldc file to actually rename someone--that way they will show up correctly throughout searches, etc. I have a post somewhere that details how to do that--if you need it, I'll dig out the link.

*blows dust off account*

Evening, all. How's everyone doing?

An update on my apparent globetrotting. I'm moving again. The company I came to work for in France is relocating to Belfast, so come October I shall be back in the UK. I reckon if I can go six months there without moving somewhere else I'll be pretty happy.

I'm sure that's not the real reason you're moving. You just miss Gav. :p

Archived