13GB? Are you mad? There's no need for anything like that. Most high end games will run fine on 4GB!

I have 8GB in my current rig (it's 5 years old now). I went for that amount at the time cause I figured it would keep me in step with 'hardware inflation'. I assume gav is simply doing the same. :lol:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any amongst us been doing research for FM 14 this summer and getting a free copy of the game? Last year I did this I got access to the BETA version but I don't seem to have this year. Any amongst us who have?

Hi Salks, Yes I have got Beta access, it arrived on the day everybody else's did. Did you see and reply to the mailing to the researchers sent out asking what format you wanted the game in ? (boxed or digital). If you did, or even if you didn't, then your next step is to get on to your head researcher.

*waves again*

So I'm all set up in Belfast now. Working roughly 17,000 hours per week, but that's the business. Just thought I'd pop along and say hi as I do every few months. Anything interesting happening, or is Mark Wilson the only one writing stories any more?

Hi Salks, Yes I have got Beta access, it arrived on the day everybody else's did. Did you see and reply to the mailing to the researchers sent out asking what format you wanted the game in ? (boxed or digital). If you did, or even if you didn't, then your next step is to get on to your head researcher.

Yes I sent that form off a while ago. I sent an email to SEGA yesterday and who then told me they can only help me with technical support. Half an hour later though I was sent an email with access to BETA. Convenient or what :rolleyes:

*waves again*

So I'm all set up in Belfast now. Working roughly 17,000 hours per week, but that's the business. Just thought I'd pop along and say hi as I do every few months. Anything interesting happening, or is Mark Wilson the only one writing stories any more?

Morning Terk, good to see you visiting you mate. It's quiet round here but there still a few people writing, I'm down to one story at the moment but got a couple in the pipeline., you know what I'm like

*waves again*

Always good to see you drop by Terky.

I have to say, the first goal that Arsenal scored on the weekend was an absolute peach! One-touch football at its best, and the sign of a team confident, comfortable with one another, and enjoying their football. Quite brilliant, surely a contender for goal of the season already!

Always good to see you drop by Terky.

I have to say, the first goal that Arsenal scored on the weekend was an absolute peach! One-touch football at its best, and the sign of a team confident, comfortable with one another, and enjoying their football. Quite brilliant, surely a contender for goal of the season already!

Agree. It had shades of Bergkamp in it. Lovely.

*waves again*

G'day old-timer!

Not much interesting to tell here I'm afraid

I am going to the Emirates this week to see the Dortmund game, but it's going to be weird.

From 1991-95 we followed Dortmund all over Germany, out to Dresden and closer to home to Schalke, and I even called my hamster 'Chapuisat' after their main man back then. We all left Hemer and moved to Fallingbostel before they won the Champions League but Dortmund games as a group of English squaddies was a bit mad; good and bad.

The 91-92 season where we lost the league in injury time was cruel, but looking back: mad. German touts, German alcohol bans within a mile of the stadium bypassed and just the whole time was brilliant. The Westfalenstadion literally bouncing on a Friday night fixture has not yet been matched in any game I've seen since, including the so-called big nights at Anfield or Old Trafford or anywhere in England really.

We're having a bit of reunion in London this week to bore each other of days gone by. One of us is a mad gooner. He's torn, I'm not. :) I don't want to look at any visiting Dortmund fan under 20 years old and think "I was following your team when you were a baby" but I will. Football. Mad eh? :D

Mentioning squaddies, I'm almost finished with my basic training now, just over a week and a half left and I'm done :) strange thing is I've actually found myself with enough spare time to continue writing up more of the story that I'm trying to crack on with!

The goal Arsenal scored this weekend was beautiful. They're looking really good at the moment and I can't wait for them to come up against one of the bigger teams in the league, should be interesting.

Mentioning squaddies, I'm almost finished with my basic training now, just over a week and a half left and I'm done :) strange thing is I've actually found myself with enough spare time to continue writing up more of the story that I'm trying to crack on with!

The goal Arsenal scored this weekend was beautiful. They're looking really good at the moment and I can't wait for them to come up against one of the bigger teams in the league, should be interesting.

Well, Liverpool at home and United away are coming up real fast. Honestly I believe that we're in with a shout of getting maximum points from these two fixtures. Liverpool is in better form and we're shipping goals so I see it as the more risky fixture of the two. On current form, I honestly believe we have what it takes to roll United at Old Trafford.

Before that though, big game against Dortmund in the Champions League. Win and we're in a really good spot for qualifying for the knock-out rounds, while having lost their opening game, Dortmund will really want at least a point, if not all three themselves. Should be a cracker, but I hope we can boss them like we did Napoli (unlikely as that is).

Fair play! What have you joined? I joined in '88 a lifetime ago. To even get near a computer, let alone have energy to.....meh won't send your eyes spinning with boring dits of a croaky "in my day young man...." :D Yeah even back then we were told by the old sweats 'how easy' we had it compared to them in the 60s/70s/80s/the previous year/intake. :)

I am going to the Emirates this week to see the Dortmund game, but it's going to be weird.

From 1991-95 we followed Dortmund all over Germany, out to Dresden and closer to home to Schalke, and I even called my hamster 'Chapuisat' after their main man back then. We all left Hemer and moved to Fallingbostel before they won the Champions League but Dortmund games as a group of English squaddies was a bit mad; good and bad.

The 91-92 season where we lost the league in injury time was cruel, but looking back: mad. German touts, German alcohol bans within a mile of the stadium bypassed and just the whole time was brilliant. The Westfalenstadion literally bouncing on a Friday night fixture has not yet been matched in any game I've seen since, including the so-called big nights at Anfield or Old Trafford or anywhere in England really.

We're having a bit of reunion in London this week to bore each other of days gone by. One of us is a mad gooner. He's torn, I'm not. :) I don't want to look at any visiting Dortmund fan under 20 years old and think "I was following your team when you were a baby" but I will. Football. Mad eh? :D

Blimey. That would make for a great story.

You should write something. :D

Fair play! What have you joined? I joined in '88 a lifetime ago. To even get near a computer, let alone have energy to.....meh won't send your eyes spinning with boring dits of a croaky "in my day young man...." :D Yeah even back then we were told by the old sweats 'how easy' we had it compared to them in the 60s/70s/80s/the previous year/intake. :)

This is probably where our conversation will end because I'm joining the RMP ;). Yeah there are some days where I just don't have the time (this week for example, because we have our pass out parade on Friday, we're on constant drill) but other days we finish at mid-day! And yeah, we're constantly reminded that our beastings aren't as bad as what the Corporals used to recieve :D.

Half day finishes in basic training? What army have you joined? The Salvation one? :) And damn Offspring, could have said you were joining that lot. Changes everything. Goodbye.

....Nah seriously, fair play. Always good to see lads taking the plunge in joining up. If you meet half the...umm....'interesting' mates and have half as....ummm....'interesting' days as I had you'll never forget the days coming your way. Beats civvy street. Just. :D

I was a tankie and to be fair all capbadges or Arms look down their noses at each other, only difference for you is that EVERYONE hates yours. ;)

Be nice to those boys and girls down town in the future, they're only letting off steam! And best of luck. Enjoy it.

No you don't need to repost it. Until Tenthreeleader or gavrenwick approves it the thread will not show. This is to stop people opening several threads and stuff like that....If it hasn't shown up by the end of the day then send gav or tenthree an email

• 2 weeks later...

Typically, because of this board and the story writing, I am still playing FM 12. It's the first time in 20 years I haven't bought the latest version on the day of release.

Is it okay to put a cheeky Movember message? Please remove if not. I wouldn't do stuff like this normally, but it's something I believe in.

For the last few years I have done Movember and this year I've got about 40 workmates and even made some video's to promote it. Not all of them joined my group as they are lazy (hence why they don't want to shave).

For those that don't know, it's to promote men's health. So please check it out if you've never heard of it.

Lastly, if you want to see what I look like; you have a chance to look at my page - http://uk.movember.com/mospace/1635102

I'm not asking for your money (I'd rather it went to the Philippines if I'm truly honest), just raising awareness. We all like football, so it's worth making sure your balls are fit to play.

Is anyone actually playing FM14 or have we discovered hibernation ?

To be truthful I don't think my laptop could cope with FM14 :D

But I do have FM13 going full force with one huge save going off which could take ages to be transferred to a story, my Man.Utd save and a career one eventually

It does however look like there is a state of hibernation going off :(

I have a feeling I might not buy any more future versions of FM. There seems to lots of huge changes with each passing version, so it means wasting more time getting used to things. I still preferred the simplicity of FM07, and I'm actually perfectly happy with FM12.

Also, games (and the computers needed to play them) are expensive. :D

I've been playing 14 and it seems decent enough, a couple little bugs here and there which can be a little annoying but nothing game breaking for me.

I did just get fired though because I agreed to drop a player when talking with the board, but it was at the end of the year and when the new year started he played the first few games, I was a bit annoyed when I got fired because of it, especially when we were leading the tables at the time.

But then I thought hey this board is nuts anyway and went on to continue looking for another club, had a couple of interviews but nothing eventuated for a while.

It's not as hard a learning curve I think the newer ones, the tactics side of things is a bit easier then playing with the sliders anyway.

I like it

I'm another who hasn't bought FM14. I never really got into FM13 though and instead I'm still playing a couple of my best-ever career games on FM12.

I suspect I will buy FM14 after a couple of patches, probably in the New Year.

The Bulldogs finished 11-2 and we just lost in the national playoffs yesterday. Also been down with a viral infection for the last month. It hasn't been fun working six and a half days a week.

Also, I'll confess to a bit of burnout. I needed some time. Ready to get back with things now though -- I have been working on Rat Pack for the last couple of weeks and am energized to carry things forward again. I've been writing continuously for the last five years and it was time to recharge a bit.

Life is good. It just needed to get a little slower. :)

Archived