Its now time to start thinking of who your going to pick in the Fantasy Football League...I have started a thread which will show once one of the Mods approve it.

To join up follow the link : Fantasy League

The code for our League is 392456-100959

Could I ask that when you sign up please let me know your team is just for future purposes

We will be going head to head again to see who can de-throne current Champion PaulHartman71

Roll of Honour:

2010 - Panpardus

2011 - Docklanders

2012 - Balthazars

2013 - PaulHartman71

2014 -

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody else get seriously downhearted when their side takes forever to sign anybody in the transfer window and then they panic buy late in August? Oh yeah, just Newcastle do that.
kinda makes it even worse watching Sunderland wrap up transfer business faster when they're being managed by the "mad hatter"...

Its now time to start thinking of who your going to pick in the Fantasy Football League...I have started a thread which will show once one of the Mods approve it.

To join up follow the link : Fantasy League

The code for our League is 392456-100959

Could I ask that when you sign up please let me know your team is just for future purposes

We will be going head to head again to see who can de-throne current Champion PaulHartman71

Roll of Honour:

2010 - Panpardus

2011 - Docklanders

2012 - Balthazars

2013 - PaulHartman71

2014 -

Let's have another go at ritual humiliation: My team name is: Last Bus To Chester

Does anybody else get seriously downhearted when their side takes forever to sign anybody in the transfer window and then they panic buy late in August? Oh yeah, just Newcastle do that.

*cough*Arsenal*cough*

Forgot about you guys in red down south. My heart goes with you.

This has been a thoroughly painful transfer window for Arsenal fans, for an entirely different reason. This time there is definately money, but the club is dithering on buying anyone. And we decided to make the bitey guy the prime transfer target, embroiling ourselves in yet another messy transfer saga. *facepalm*

I'd cry but it feels like laughing is somehow the more appropriate response.

This has been a thoroughly painful transfer window for Arsenal fans, for an entirely different reason. This time there is definately money, but the club is dithering on buying anyone. And we decided to make the bitey guy the prime transfer target, embroiling ourselves in yet another messy transfer saga. *facepalm*

I'd be quite happy for you guys to take the bitey guy off of us. He's proving far more trouble than he's worth and is really going against everything Liverpool FC and Brendan Rodgers stands for. We've actually played better without him and style of play that BR wants us to play works much better without him in the team. Pre-season results and the back end of last season showing so. The only catch would be that it would be better if he went abroad but Madrid want Bale more now so I can't see that happening. If Arsenal don't sign anyone significant between now and 31st August I can see them making a panic £50M bid for him which I think we would take.

At least you didn't make a move to sign a player, who turned you down for a relegation certain side, on loan.

I'd be quite happy for you guys to take the bitey guy off of us. He's proving far more trouble than he's worth and is really going against everything Liverpool FC and Brendan Rodgers stands for. We've actually played better without him and style of play that BR wants us to play works much better without him in the team. Pre-season results and the back end of last season showing so. The only catch would be that it would be better if he went abroad but Madrid want Bale more now so I can't see that happening. If Arsenal don't sign anyone significant between now and 31st August I can see them making a panic £50M bid for him which I think we would take.

I was very against our interest in him in the first place. Sure he's an excellent player and would improve our team, but the baggage he comes with isn't worth such a huge transfer fee to my mind. I also honestly don't want him at the club ruining our image, because if he becomes our player, we'll have to defend him and his highly questionable conduct. Nightmare scenario. The problem is, having dithered over Suarez we've now lost out on Higuain (who would still have cost almost £20m less than Suarez will cost if we do sign him) and basically any other major striker who was open to moving. I hate to say it, but Suarez might be the only option Arsenal has left.

So yes, I could see that £50m or £55m bid materalising. Not sure if you'll accept it though, your owner is talking tough regarding selling him.

Let the crying/laughing commence.

At least you didn't make a move to sign a player, who turned you down for a relegation certain side, on loan.

I will admit, being a Newcastle fan has to be one of the toughest gigs in football at the moment. I thought Ashley had turned a corner recently and cut out the really stupid stuff, but appointing Kinnear has been a disaster. If he's the man handling all of the transfers I'm not surprised a lot of people are being put off!

Well, on today's form, looks like we don't need no damn stinking signings. :p

I remain of the opinion that our best XI is certainly competitive with the three teams that finished above us, and our more immediate competitiors for the Champions League and European spots. The team that started against City plus a bench of Giroud, Rosicky, Carzola, Vermalen and Monreal (the last two obviously injured at the moment) and some promising youngsters around is not bad at all.

The problem is beyond that there is literally no one anymore. We've let something like 12 players go this season, either on loan, released or sold. We have a first team squad of only 18 or so players, of which (given U21 don't have to be registered) only 14 or 15 are even registered! You can't go into a season where you expect to play close to 50 games with such a small number of players. It's bonkers. We've hit a stage where Arsenal simply needs more bodies, pure and simple. I desperately hope we sign some players now. Desperately.

I think the problem at Arsenal is cash, that's not necessarily a bad thing if they are merely keeping on a long term sustainable budget. A lot of Gooners laugh at the cash line, but hear me out. Despite their assurances every transfer window there's money to spend; talk is cheap. The evidence indicates there is a problem and selling your best and world class players in quick succession (RVP and Fabregas) and not replacing them or even competing for big signings shows all is not well at Camp Emirates if they want to remain in the top 4.

Whether the owner (who let's face it probably couldn't have found Arsenal on a tube map before he bought the place, much less cared) is in it purely for profit or the new stadium mortgage is an albatross around the neck I don't know.

If the former, then I'm guessing he's content as long as they keep qualifying for the Champions League and the cash cow grazes every year, but Arsenal have only just made the Champions League in the past two seasons and their rivals, the obvious three and Spurs, have strengthened considerably, so I honestly think Arsenal will get found out at last this season.

For their fans sake (I have a soft spot for them and was at the Emirates Cup last weekend) maybe missing out this season and falling behind Spurs will be a wake up call for the board because if not Arsenal could be the next Liverpool; a slow, long winded death as a superpower club that may already be 8-9 years in to fruition. :(

But then what do I know! :)

Final Call. If you want to be a player in the 5m1w reboot, please shoot me a message. Name, position, nationality, and preferred club (MLS or EU countries. ENG down to the lower Blue Square divisions, rest of the EU usually top two divisions).

Age/CA/PA will all be randomly determined, but you would most likely be 15-18 years old, and most likely be a "solid" player, with a shot at stardom.

Haha thing is, I knew we'd lose. Don't think Arsene believed his boys would!

Aye suppose it's a bit different losing against one of last year's relegation strugglers compared to title candidates.

Rather impressed with City tonight, going to take something special to beat them at home this season though it has to be said Newcastle were poor. Clearly 3 or 4 players short of a good team. Going to have to be a busy few weeks for Newcastle and Arsenal. Hope Newcastle hold out for £30M for Cabaye. Wenger will eventually learn he has to pay to sign players. Though i'm not convinced Arsenal have as much money as they say they have. Still have large debts if I recall. Looks more like a show to me to keep the fans happy. Bids for Suarez and Cabaye seem more in hope than in expectation to me.

It's a marathon, of course, but City, United, and Chelsea all look to have a shot at being quite good, and quite good to watch to boot. If Bale stays, I would pick Spurs for the fourth spot; if he goes, then that is wide-open. It may be, anyway, as with all of the teams, a key injury could change an awful lot.

If Spurs manage to sell Bale for the deal that's currently being bandied about (80M + Coentrao) and sign Willian and Lamela, we'll be there or therabouts. Maybe need another centre back (shame we sold Caulker tbh)

I thought he was living the good life on the continent these days? It can't be that relaxing, given these days whenever he pops his head in here he's insulting people! :p

Think he's headed for Belfast though, so that would explain it lol

I would like to have a thread where I can post very short updates, including screenshots, of 5m1w related stuff. Most of this will be easter-egg type things, updates on players/coaches drawn from FMS lore, etc. What is the best way to do this without breaking the "verboten images" rule from the House Rules?

Archived