How to sell players

1.How to sell players  that don't play anymore in your team so it's like mostly noone is interested in them but still they are worth good amount of money?

Sometimes even if I put them on loan and transfer list noone is interested.

2.If I will put them to reserve team will the value decrease if I want to get rid of them so I need to lower their morale ?

3.Can I offer them to specific club that I choose?

Sometimes it says like Club "AA" is interested in a player but he wants to leave to club "BB", but "BB" is not sending the offer and he reject offer from "AA"...

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

Offloading some players can be truly painful. Especially if they have relatively high salary related to their skills. I had one defender in Catania. I was playing Serie A and he was Serie B player. I offered him to the clubs with 0€ and none was interested.

As for your question I don't have any tools. You can't offer the player to specific clubs (correct me if I am wrong). All you can do is to transfer list him, set his status as "not needed", set reasonable (usually lower than his "value") asking price, offer to the clubs, ask him to make couple of phone calls and hope for the best.

It could also be that his wage is far to high for a suitable club to pay. You could try adding a 'Selling Team Wage Contribution' clause when you offer him to other clubs. It's always a frustration having to pay part of the wage of a player who's no longer with you, but try to think of the money saved over if he were to just see out his contract!

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You can offer them out to all clubs or you can target specific clubs.

Can I target a club who is not interested yet ?

I was using the option offer to clubs but it offers probably to that ones that are interested

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

Just now, LukasZ_VCF said:

I don't think so, but that doesn't matter. Just offer him out. It'll go to all clubs, including the club you want to offer him to.

3 minutes ago, gossy7 said:

It could also be that his wage is far to high for a suitable club to pay. You could try adding a 'Selling Team Wage Contribution' clause when you offer him to other clubs. It's always a frustration having to pay part of the wage of a player who's no longer with you, but try to think of the money saved over if he were to just see out his contract!

Well I am signing players with high value on free transfer in January and then when they come after season end I am selling them so I want to get as much money I can get so don't want to contribute to the wage ;P

And I am always taking the ones with low salary so it would be easy to sell them but I don't receive enough offers not sure if their reputation goes up in my club and lower team don't see them like a possible transfer?

30 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Clipboard04.jpg.36435a09348e02b77d9f44e7

So on that screenshot you were able to offer player to club that is not even interested because there is like 0 bids made and 0 clubs interested

You can target any club you want even if its not interested. Btw @gossy7 excellent advice dude. That's how i usually sell most of the unwanted players. @LukasZ_VCF follow that advice above by offering to participate in a percentage of the players wage demands. Some players even demand you to do that in order to leave your club and go somewhere else. If that doesn't work then think this through well, and try to decide which of the options you have will entice not only him to leave but also another club to bid for him.

Edited by xBarçax

11 minutes ago, xBarçax said:

You can target any club you want even if its not interested. Btw @gossy7 excellent advice dude. That's how i usually sell most of the unwanted players. @LukasZ_VCF follow that advice above by offering to participate in a percentage of the players wage demands. Some players even demand you to do that in order to leave your club and go somewhere else. If that doesn't work then think this through well, and try to decide which of the options you have will entice not only him to leave but also another club to bid for him.

Yea but sometimes it's better to have less money than to have more but pays salary for like 3 years left etc I always calculate how much I will have pay until the end of the contract and if it's worth it :)

1 minute ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Yea but sometimes it's better to have less money than to have more but pays salary for like 3 years left etc I always calculate how much I will have pay until the end of the contract and if it's worth it :)

Do what you want. We don't dictate how you play so that's irrelevant to me. You asked how to sell players and we answered.

7 minutes ago, xBarçax said:

Do what you want. We don't dictate how you play so that's irrelevant to me. You asked how to sell players and we answered.

I know thanks :)

I will try this evening when I get home to offer than to clubs that I will choose I wonder if someone will pick up an interest :)

I know thanks :)

I will try this evening when I get home to offer than to clubs that I will choose I wonder if someone will pick up an interest :)

Good. Let me know how this goes. Im sure there are other options as well. But i don't know the details of your case so i can't speculate.

It can be very frustrating if unable to offload a player; especially when they are good enough to potentially warrant some nice funds to reinvest in club. Farther up global pyramid you are, the harder it can be bc smaller pool of clubs able to make appropriate offer and can afford wages. 

One thing I’ll do is try offering player as soon as a transfer window opens for a league with potentially interested clubs. More often than not, lack of bids is a result of inadequate number of teams with proper transfer funds available. 

Offering wages is one way to offload, but you can also offer loan with wages paid, which essentially nets you zero on your books. Try again next year.

I don't even bother anymore with trying to maximize the fee I get for unused players. For example, I'm managing Arsenal. I decided to sell Ozil. I didn't even attempt to get the 40 odd million he was worth. I simply listed, him set his price at half his value. 

Same thing with Mustafi, same thing with Calum Chambers. All 3 went for between 10-20 million.

The difficulty level of getting in a decent fee for an unused player is simply not realistic. Of course IRL an out of favor player (i.e. Ross Barkley) won't go for a fortune. But there's plenty of examples of out of favor players still going for very decent money simply based on their reputation. 

Try selling a player or even a free transfer in the Conference South. It's like pulling teeth.

My Dartford team has 6 strikers of a similar level and high wage, when I play a 1 striker system. Can't shift the others, loan them or mutually terminate. Yet 2 or 3 of them would walk into 75pct of other teams of a similar reputation.

Nobody ever buys my players in LLM, yet so many clubs have ingoings and outgoings.

Edited by KulaShaker
Spelling

5 minutes ago, KulaShaker said:

Try selling a player or even a free transfer in the Conference South. It's like pulling teeth.

My Dartford team has 6 strikers of a similar level and high wage, when I play a 1 striker system. Can't shift the others, loan them or mutually terminate. Yet 2 or 3 of them would walk into 75pct of other teams of a similar reputation.

Nobody ever buys my players in LLM, yet so many clubs have ingoings and outgoings.

This is the case IRL too. You don't see clubs really buying players at all. These clubs rely on free transfers. In the case of you offering them for free, they're still not "free". A club can be satisfied with their squad as is. They also could lack the wage budget.

21 hours ago, xBarçax said:

Good. Let me know how this goes. Im sure there are other options as well. But i don't know the details of your case so i can't speculate.

I think it will work, got some clubs interested...almost loaned 1 player but he refused to move permanently and they changed future fee to optional from mandatory so I canceled it... but other ones are talking about contract, and I think now I will manage loan players too, easier than before.. one of them have high salary like 465k euro /month so I moved him to reserve team to lower morale and get him to leave I wonder if it will work, any ideas how to make player move without affecting 1st team?

The best way to sell a player for a decent fee is to play him and exact some good performances. When it's impossible to play him (due to terrible stats/traits), I simply attempt to release him so as not to disrupt the rest of the team and the wage structure.

28 minutes ago, Ein said:

The best way to sell a player for a decent fee is to play him and exact some good performances. When it's impossible to play him (due to terrible stats/traits), I simply attempt to release him so as not to disrupt the rest of the team and the wage structure.

Yea it might work I played them in Spanish Cup and they got 1-2 clubs interest but this are different clubs that when I chose offer to like England,Italy,Spain etc all the countries all there

I will try to offer to USA and China(sold already Parejo there for like 46,5 mln euro so they have cash), from what other countries ("not that well known") they can buy players with bigger value ?

BTW. can I reduce the time of them thinking about offer (AI) or players talking about contract with them? it's taking so much time and sometimes the transfer is cancelled and the transfer window close before I am able to try sell them again...

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

This is the case IRL too. You don't see clubs really buying players at all. These clubs rely on free transfers. In the case of you offering them for free, they're still not "free". A club can be satisfied with their squad as is. They also could lack the wage budget.

Yes I agree that teams of that level generally stick to free transfers, but when I see the transfer summary of the league I see a lot of movement so it becomes frustrating!

Also that players refuse loans or mutual terminations and the like, when they are 6th in the pecking order for a position and the board refuses to terminate the contract (for example I have 150k in the bank, and they refuse a 7k termination).

The frustration being if you are very light in one or two positions (I only had one RB and limited CM) and you can't persuade the board to free up wasted wages.

Unless I play my Target Man at RB and my Poacher at CM... 

Not saying it's game defining at that level, but it can make it slow to overhaul an unbalanced squad. IRL I think there may be more pragmatism, especially when the unwanted players are fairly decent.

Edit- is part of the problem that a player can't drop down leagues if the league you are playing is the lowest being simulated? I don't recall an offer ever coming from a regional league team, yet IRL these teams Lian and hoover up unwanted conference players .

Edited by KulaShaker

45 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I think it will work, got some clubs interested...almost loaned 1 player but he refused to move permanently and they changed future fee to optional from mandatory so I canceled it... but other ones are talking about contract, and I think now I will manage loan players too, easier than before.. one of them have high salary like 465k euro /month so I moved him to reserve team to lower morale and get him to leave I wonder if it will work, any ideas how to make player move without affecting 1st team?

Threaten him from the start that you will put him on a transfer/loan list if his wage demands/attitude/performance doesn't change. Putting him immediately without informing him with him getting mad in the process was the only thing that was gonna happen.

1 hour ago, xBarçax said:

Threaten him from the start that you will put him on a transfer/loan list if his wage demands/attitude/performance doesn't change. Putting him immediately without informing him with him getting mad in the process was the only thing that was gonna happen.

I meant when I put him to reserve team I was hoping his morale will decrease a lot but it's still good but he is worried about future so I wonder if he will go to another club and agree to earn less there just to leave my club ?

Offer to clubs > Place on Transfer List ticked option > Value LEAVE AS UNSPECIFIED. This will tell you what other clubs value your players at. Rather than placing an exact value, you get fielders and can negotiate!

RE Free Transfers. I agree sometimes it's hard when on high wages. I would recommend loaning them out with the loaning club paying 100% of the wage.

I meant when I put him to reserve team I was hoping his morale will decrease a lot but it's still good but he is worried about future so I wonder if he will go to another club and agree to earn less there just to leave my club ?

You don't know that for sure, he could decide to see out his contract and make you pay him even if he doesn't play. There are players like that unprofessional and outspoken enough to destroy the team mentality as well. So try not to do that in the future. Your first step should always be to threaten and then and only then depending on his answer, can you decide to punish him. Maybe he will cooperate at the beginning without you having to place him on the reserves, but also act like i said at the beginning and you don't want that trust me...

28 minutes ago, xBarçax said:

You don't know that for sure, he could decide to see out his contract and make you pay him even if he doesn't play. There are players like that unprofessional and outspoken enough to destroy the team mentality as well. So try not to do that in the future. Your first step should always be to threaten and then and only then depending on his answer, can you decide to punish him. Maybe he will cooperate at the beginning without you having to place him on the reserves, but also act like i said at the beginning and you don't want that trust me...

It's Phil Jones, I sign him on free transfer in January while he had 6months left of his contract and he join me after the season and now is in my club for like 6 months so he doesn't have big influence and played maybe like less than 5 games I am signing players like that with good value to sell them quickly or loan them, not sure why I accept so high salary it's first player that I have problem with salary while moving to another club :) so now I will know, I am still learning since I didn't play since like 2012 and even then I was more like Fifa Manager player

Now with option to offer to clubs will be easier probably :) have more incoming offers than before, because before probably I was targeting clubs that are interested...

Is there a way to speed up negotiations (like I want the answer right away- take it or leave it) ? and players to talk about contract with club that want to buy him ?

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

31 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Is there a way to speed up negotiations ? and players to talk about contract with club that want to buy him ?

Usually the better the offer the less time they spend deliberating.

2 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

It's Phil Jones, I sign him on free transfer in January while he had 6months left of his contract and he join me after the season and now is in my club for like 6 months so he doesn't have big influence and played maybe like less than 5 games I am signing players like that with good value to sell them quickly or loan them, not sure why I accept so high salary it's first player that I have problem with salary while moving to another club :) so now I will know, I am still learning since I didn't play since like 2012 and even then I was more like Fifa Manager player

Now with option to offer to clubs will be easier probably :) have more incoming offers than before, because before probably I was targeting clubs that are interested...

Is there a way to speed up negotiations (like I want the answer right away- take it or leave it) ? and players to talk about contract with club that want to buy him ?

1 hour ago, Baodan said:

Usually the better the offer the less time they spend deliberating.

True that but you can also offer a 12 hour deadline when you offer or they offer. But you gotta remember that issuing deadlines the interested team might either choose to neglect it or might not even have the money till that time to make an offer sufficient enough to acquire the player.

EDIT: So you gotta be lenient and allow some flexibility

Edited by xBarçax

2 hours ago, headshothitman said:

Offer to clubs > Place on Transfer List ticked option > Value LEAVE AS UNSPECIFIED. This will tell you what other clubs value your players at. Rather than placing an exact value, you get fielders and can negotiate!

I second this. I've found it 10x easier to offload players since I've started offering them as unspecified rather than for a fee!

On 16/01/2019 at 11:20, xBarçax said:

Managed to sell,  loan or loan with mandatory option to buy to other clubs unwanted players :)

Just don't know why some of them had mandatory option changed to optional...  are AI using optional ? it depends of what?

When you buy players, they will resist all transfer moves for a while. So signing players on a free and then selling them on doesn't always work as sometimes they are prepared to wait for over a season before agreeing to leave again.

1 hour ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Just don't know why some of them had mandatory option changed to optional...  are AI using optional ? it depends of what?

It depends on the player agreeing to transfer to the new club at the end of the loan. If the player does not agree, then the mandatory option to buy becomes optional. This all gets dealt with before you're asked to approve the deal.

Btw. I want to buy Trent Alexander-Arnold and he says : Valencia is my prefered club that I want to join etc but I can't unsettle him he have low salary there and want to join my club but morale didn't change like at all...I was making bids even like 3x his value just to try to change that and they refuse and his morale didn't change

I know I keep banging this drum but is it a case of too few leagues too large a database effecting the transfer market or is FM19 better in this regard?

Edited by bennytee

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can see further you are with your save - harder it is to sell or loan out players...

I had offers from my players coming over and over and I didn't want to sell them I had to reject all of them all the time and now even if they are still my first team players the offers are not coming and when I offer them they want to play like half of their value for key player that is not transfer listed...

I wanted to sell my players that are getting old like 30-32 like I was doing before and it seems like I can't...

I wanted to loan 2 players 3 stars CA, they had just have debut in Argentinian National Team and for no fee I just wanted them to play and no offers not even one interested...

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

29 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

From what I can see further you are with your save - harder it is to sell or loan out players...

I had offers from my players coming over and over and I didn't want to sell them I had to reject all of them all the time and now even if they are still my first team players the offers are not coming and when I offer them they want to play like half of their value for key player that is not transfer listed...

I don't see the problem here. I'm in January 2034 and these are the sales in my current season.

56Mcko5.png

I'm a newly promoted PL team and all of these are my youth players that have not made the cut. Some are quite good, but not good enough for me, while other are pretty horrible. Anyway, selling them to other clubs aren't much of an issue. Most of these are sold for around their value, but some are sold simply to get rid of the wages.

A couple of seasons ago I had a clearance sale to get rid of talents I didn't have enough faith in.

Oreeeqq.png

I were playing in the Championship at this point, so I got a lot of good money in for quite average players, and very few of these players were worth what I sold them for.

@bennytee  might have had a valid point though. The size of a database compared to active leagues can influence how hard it is to buy or sell players. If the market is saturated with too many players, it will be easy to buy and hard to sell. And vice versa if the is a shortage of players compared to the number of leagues.

Maybe because prices are low I was talking about key players that I won CL in last season with them...they are worth like 20++MLN I had bids coming all the time over and over it was unsettling them and now it's like noone want them or want to pay half price weird :)

AI might consider my club and player to be too "pro" if I reached max reputation ?

On 16/01/2019 at 21:49, LukasZ_VCF said:

I was using the option offer to clubs but it offers probably to that ones that are interested

Yes, you can individually target any club, or multiple clubs, but if they aren;t showing an interest why bother?

Have a look at the transfer rumours page to see which clubs are looking for the positions and target some of them.

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

Yes, you can individually target any club, or multiple clubs, but if they aren;t showing an interest why bother?

Have a look at the transfer rumours page to see which clubs are looking for the positions and target some of them.

too bad there is no option to choose nation when you want to sell players...its weird because you can do it when you want to loan the player but you can't when you want to sell...

3 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

too bad there is no option to choose nation when you want to sell players...its weird because you can do it when you want to loan the player but you can't when you want to sell...

That could be useful.

7 hours ago, Snorks said:

That could be useful.

But till last season I was able to sell players at age of 31...and for little more than their value but in this one I coudn't... Neto, Paulista, Coquelin they are great players and till the end of last season I was getting offers over and over again but I needed them for this season so I thought I will do the same like always - setting that they will leave after the season, there are clubs interested but don't want to pay their value even if they still play at my club

I have the same problem in the Swedish 4th tier. 6 players being offered out and no interest. Wages are low but their  quality is probably a division below (which is unplayable in the game). I think I should have attempted to offer them new non-contracts before marking them as not needed but now they’re annoyed and looks like I’m stuck with them for another year! And I’m over my wage budget too so could be a tough season ahead!

Just now, milamber said:

Can you offer a player for loan only to your club's league? Often I want to send a young player on loan but not to a foreign club because I don't want to delay their home grown status.

Yes. Choose to exclude foreign clubs under "Targets".

• 8 months later...

@HUNT3R I have offered a player of mine (Fred - United - in starting second season) to clubs with 0 transfer fee and selling wage contribution of 100% by me (just as a test) and I received no offer. Does it mean that some smaller clubs want him and he is not interested? 

In these scenarios, does it help to bring his moral down? Morinho style :) .  I know transfer listing and being "Not needed" can help, but I was thinking to criticise him for stupid things. Does it make him to leave? :) 

Generally players that are happy to sit out and see their contract through. Any suggestion to get rid of them?

1 minute ago, Milad06 said:

@HUNT3R I have offered a player of mine (Fred - United - in starting second season) to clubs with 0 transfer fee and selling wage contribution of 100% by me (just as a test) and I received no offer. Does it mean that some smaller clubs want him and he is not interested?

That's the most likely reason, I'd say. If he's happy at the moment, there's no reason for him to consider leaving. Did he approach you after you offer him out? You can explain he's not wanted etc, so that should change his willingness to stay.