Where Is The Announcement?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope that this "silence" doesn't mean any bad news for us...

If there had been a delay we would have heard about it, likely silence means that, at present, there is simply nothing to say beyond what we already know - release on friday, activation starts on friday, patch hopefully released friday.

If there had been a delay we would have heard about it, likely silence means that, at present, there is simply nothing to say beyond what we already know - release on friday, activation starts on friday, patch hopefully released friday.

But Matt said, that there will be some sort of announcment yesterday or today... SEGA have to realise that this community is "special" - many users hang on to every word of officials. It's a compliment to them that they've built such a loyal and enthusiastic fan base, but sometimes we can also be a pain in the ass

Still no answer on this? Very impressive customer service as usual. Here we are 3 days from release and their are still questions like this. What a joke.

Well, so far the news is release and patch on friday. Untill SI/SEGA make a different announcment I'll go with that.

You people with hard-copies may feel very lucky on Friday. I thought they were allowing download from steam 48 hours prior to activation so as to reduce server load? If the patch is delayed till Friday, there might be a healthy, passionate, impatient crowd watching the download bar creep past that day. Those downloading the entire game will be doubly screwed.

Of course, I'm in the US and they are forcing WWSM on us and delaying the release till the 17th (though I pray this changes.)

Well, so far the news is release and patch on friday. Untill SI/SEGA make a different announcment I'll go with that.

According to Steam though that is not the case. Those of us based in the US (and elsewhere I think, but cannot say for sure) are being quoted Nov 17th for when we can download.......

Apologies - I did say I'd post today but haven't been able to get all the information I need. I'd rather make sure it's all nailed on and correct.

It's now highly likely to be tomorrow. I'm really sorry.

Said it was "highly likely" didn't say is was 100% definite that it was gonna be today.

I'd sell it on Ebay.

I'll probably put it in the back of my wardrobe somewhere, completely forgetting about it, only to stumble across it when i'm doing a massive clear out in like 10 years time. THEN I could sell it on ebay!

Matt as some explaining to do.

The phrase "shot himself in the foot" springs to mind. Most of what SI have said & done in November so far has been a poor PA exercise (lessons to be learned chaps!), though the game I think looks amazing so they can still pull their collective nuts out of the fire if Friday doesnt go pear shaped!

I'm more concerned about the patch now.

I can't see any possibility of activation not being in the early hours/morning at the latest of the 14th.

What I refuse to do though is take the day off work and have to sit around waiting for the patch before I start my game.

Should I cancel my day off??

I'm more concerned about the patch now.

I can't see any possibility of activation not being in the early hours/morning at the latest of the 14th.

What I refuse to do though is take the day off work and have to sit around waiting for the patch before I start my game.

Should I cancel my day off??

My advice from past experience with Steam: if you don't have to work the weekend, cancel it

Apologies - I optimistically assumed that I'd be able to get all the info I needed and simply post it. Not quite the case, as it's transpired. The 3 different auth systems are good in the sense of providing options, but a challenge to organise across multiple territories in a consistent fashion.

I've also asked about why the Steam pre-load hasn't started and will try and respond as soon as I can. Given that I expected that to be yesterday - all I can do is ask for your patience and I'll update you as soon as I can.

Apologies - I optimistically assumed that I'd be able to get all the info I needed and simply post it. Not quite the case, as it's transpired. The 3 different auth systems are good in the sense of providing options, but a challenge to organise across multiple territories in a consistent fashion.

I've also asked about why the Steam pre-load hasn't started and will try and respond as soon as I can. Given that I expected that to be yesterday - all I can do is ask for your patience and I'll update you as soon as I can.

Heard that before:rolleyes:

At least update us and don't disappear this time Copperfield.:p

I respect the fact that it's a challenge, but I would of assumed all avenues be explored and mapped out way before the 14th of November, so there shouldn't be any need whatsoever to leave the announcement to the last minute.

Sega really lacking any organizational skills at the moment....

Thanks for the update Matt :thup:

Hi, do you think that its realistic that the patch will be ready on friday? :rolleyes:

Archived