New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

hi guys

new to the forum as a poster but i have been following this thread for quite a while now as i am looking to get a new laptop as my current laptop which is nearly 2 years old doesnt run fm2017 how i would like it too anymore . i can just about runt 2 leagues and it really slows downs , its also takes a while to process through days.

@welshace    i have uploaded a screenshot of my current laptop should this be right? also i have shortlisted some of the laptop you have posted so thanks for that i just want to confirm it is my current laptop that is the problem before i go and spend £500 + for a new one

http://d3kvzmgzfe8asw.cloudfront.net/monthly_2016_11/5835fe7cd1c71_Screenshot(2).png.bb0e428cd67edc5f08ab89acb2e77f9f.png

Screenshot (2).png

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Wiseguy08 said:

hi guys

new to the forum as a poster but i have been following this thread for quite a while now as i am looking to get a new laptop as my current laptop which is nearly 2 years old doesnt run fm2017 how i would like it too anymore . i can just about runt 2 leagues and it really slows downs , its also takes a while to process through days.

@welshace    i have uploaded a screenshot of my current laptop should this be right? also i have shortlisted some of the laptop you have posted so thanks for that i just want to confirm it is my current laptop that is the problem before i go and spend £500 + for a new one

http://d3kvzmgzfe8asw.cloudfront.net/monthly_2016_11/5835fe7cd1c71_Screenshot(2).png.bb0e428cd67edc5f08ab89acb2e77f9f.png

Screenshot (2).png

That's not a bad cpu and you have ample ram too ...  honestly, i'd expect you to run 2 leagues with little issue at all... how long does it take you to process days?

58 minutes ago, Welshace said:

That's not a bad cpu and you have ample ram too ...  honestly, i'd expect you to run 2 leagues with little issue at all... how long does it take you to process days?

thanks for your response , a good couple of minutes! is that me being inpatient?

if i run 3d it slows the match down with the minutes or if i do 2d but have the information screen up ie formation and stats etc it still goes slow as soon as i use 2d with no info up just on extended it runs quicker which is strange

i found fm 2016 ran faster for me maybe i am just being inpatient or possibly could do with a clean up as i only use the laptop for internet/itunes/fm only

how long did it take for you guys to get through a season with your current laptop/specs?

46 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Yeah that's a much better spec than mine and I manage 4 or 5 leagues without much of a problem. Maybe I'm just used to the slowness :D

really!!! see i wish i could run 4 or 5 but it just makes my game really slow however from your response and welshace's im hoping its not just me being ungrateful/inpatient ha

Can Dell Optiplex 780 (SFF) Desktop run FM17 smoothly?

Specs:-
---------
Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
CPU Speed: 2-3GHz
Graphics Memory: 4GB
Operating System: Windows 7
System Memory: 4GB
Harddisk: 160 GB

10 hours ago, Elliott J Miller said:

What's wrong with it mate? It was on offer 

Just my opinion here, so take  it with a pinch of salt...  but paying for anti virus is like throwing money into the bin.

Just no need for it.

Free anti-virus like Avast and malwarebytes and you are good to go.

48 minutes ago, RJO said:

Can Dell Optiplex 780 (SFF) Desktop run FM17 smoothly?

Specs:-
---------
Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
CPU Speed: 2-3GHz
Graphics Memory: 4GB
Operating System: Windows 7
System Memory: 4GB
Harddisk: 160 GB

Depends what you mean by smoothly.....but that is a fairly old system that won't get much joy out of fm really.

19 hours ago, nikkif99uk said:

i think this the best will buy today as £200 off as part of black friday deals. is this good enough

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-ay167sa-15-6-laptop-silver-10151312-pdt.html

i think this the best will buy today as £200 off as part of black friday deals. is this good enough

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-ay167sa-15-6-laptop-silver-10151312-pdt.html

I bought it and the game is so much faster. used to take forever to load and go between continue screens now its instantaneous 

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

Depends what you mean by smoothly.....but that is a fairly old system that won't get much joy out of fm really.

Smoothly i.e. navigation from pages to pages, loading of data/page, the 3D match gameplay, all without lagging/sluggish.  I am planning to buy machine with that spec it meets those requirements. Kindly advise.

Just now, RJO said:

Smoothly i.e. navigation from pages to pages, loading of data/page, the 3D match gameplay, all without lagging/sluggish.  I am planning to buy machine with that spec it meets those requirements. Kindly advise.

Gotcha...but that all depends on what size database you like running, how many leagues, what exactly you count as fast enough loading of data/pages etc.. it's the old 'how long is a piece of string' thing

Would also need a budget to work on if you have one in mind.

3 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Do you have any idea when the more powerful 7th gen processors will be out? I'm waiting for an equivalent to the i7-6700hq (which I guess would be the i7-7700hq).

Thanks 

Latest rumours are saying January... but real details on releases are always sketchy.  I'd say late january would be about right.

1 hour ago, nikkif99uk said:

I bought it and the game is so much faster. used to take forever to load and go between continue screens now its instantaneous 

Oh and my old laptop had half a star when having a 75000 database now it has 4 and a half and plays 3D great I didn't bother with mcafee I just use avast too

18 hours ago, Welshace said:

Been linked previously today..

But great price for this tbh:  http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-ay168sa-15-6-laptop-silver-10151313-pdt.html

Hi mate, how good of a deal is this?

FM is the only game i really play wpuld it be able to cope with everything Fm has to offer?

My old Samsung laptop, 2,4 ghz, 4gb ram i5 processor windows 7 64bit really struggles with FM.

Laggy game, fan running non stop.

I think I would like a SSD laptop. Or would upgrading to windows 10 help my old system?

I cant seem to find the reccomnded system set up for FM, only the minimum. I would like s decent Fm experience, with lots of players loaded and fast responsive game.

2 hours ago, nikkif99uk said:

How many leagues and nations do you load?

Just got this Inspiron 15 7556 for £835 plus 7% cashback from Quidco hoping to be able to run the game with at least 5 nations loaded.

Processor
6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English

LCD
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

Memory
16GB Single Channel DDR4 2400MHz, up to 32GB (additional memory sold seperately)

Hard Drive
Dual drives with 128GB Solid State Drive+ 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

Gotcha...but that all depends on what size database you like running, how many leagues, what exactly you count as fast enough loading of data/pages etc.. it's the old 'how long is a piece of string' thing

Would also need a budget to work on if you have one in mind.

Does this mean FM17 actually needs high-end gaming machine? Just for football management sort of game? Sounds like graphic-intensive FIFA17 though. Hmm.  I thought the system requirements as stated in the FM website would suffice.

9 minutes ago, ianshort59 said:

Just got this Inspiron 15 7556 for £835 plus 7% cashback from Quidco hoping to be able to run the game with at least 5 nations loaded.

Processor
6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English

LCD
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

Memory
16GB Single Channel DDR4 2400MHz, up to 32GB (additional memory sold seperately)

Hard Drive
Dual drives with 128GB Solid State Drive+ 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

I imagine you will be able to run many more than 5 nations with that machine. Should destroy FM tbh.

Do you have a link to the offer?

1 hour ago, Chuck_thered said:

Hi mate, how good of a deal is this?

FM is the only game i really play wpuld it be able to cope with everything Fm has to offer?

I bought this yesterday and is so much faster than my old laptop. I have several leagues loaded with 75000 player database I only play as 1 manager on it. But i had half a star on my old computer now shows 4 and 1/2 stars and it plays 3d really well. I only bought the i5 version as well. Someone told me the i5 is actually better for gaming than the i7. not sure how true that is but works really well

1 hour ago, nikkif99uk said:

I play as one team but have most of Europe loaded as well as USA, Argentina, Brazil so around 75,000 player database. I use 3D graphics now and its so much faster as my old laptop

Thanks for that mate, cant decide between the i5 and i7 can anyone confirm if its true that i5 is better for gaming?

25 minutes ago, Harry1412 said:

That would really struggle i'd imagine. I play on the train a small 2 league, 17,000 player game on a Pentium N3540 with 4GB ram which is only slightly behind (according to this comparison: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Pentium-3558U-Notebook-Processor.104915.0.html ) that and it struggles.

If your budget is £200, I'd suggest stretching to this i3 Dell with 8GB Ram available from tomorrow on a black friday deal: http://www.dell.com/learn/uk/en/ukdhs1/campaigns/black-friday-laptops?dgc=IR&cid=Q4_BlackFriday&lid=DPA_homepage:_R_4_C_1_T_0

5 hours ago, Harry1412 said:

Suffice to say, any laptop that is £200 brand new and from the big full price vendors is not going to be suitable for gaming.

2 minutes ago, Harry1412 said:

It would run the game yes.. but it isn't the best price for the spec tbh..

Consider this maybe?  http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/T6N58EAABU-HP-250-G4_1958016.htmlcpu,

I finally found the one I think I will go for. Dell Inspiron 5567, i7-7500u, 8 GB ddr4 ram,  amd r7-m445 4 GB ddr5 graphics, at approx 600 £ (converted).

I am not too sure about the graphics card though. Anyone knows if this card is strong enough to run fm on fairly high detail?

45 minutes ago, Kalnin said:

I finally found the one I think I will go for. Dell Inspiron 5567, i7-7500u, 8 GB ddr4 ram,  amd r7-m445 4 GB ddr5 graphics, at approx 600 £ (converted).

I am not too sure about the graphics card though. Anyone knows if this card is strong enough to run fm on fairly high detail?

It's an entry level graphics card so expect medium graphics for fm really  having said that, it might be fine with high 

Archived