Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

@Chuckybrewster99

In prior years, FM Touch used to have a different tactic extension (.tac) compared to the .fmf extension used for PC. Thus, if played on tablet it required you to recreate a tactic from scratch so you would need to set up the team instructions, player instructions and set pieces.

Now (FM20) and in FM19, it uses the same extension and only a few small steps are required to import tactics to FM Touch on the tablet version.

Steps are shared below for those who play Touch on their iPads.

mishyf said:

If using Macbook and it has the latest OS version, iTunes will not be needed. In fact Apple has removed iTunes and splitted it to multiple apps or wants to(from what I know). When you plug the iPad to the Macbook it will ask for a confirmation on it and after that your iPad will be connected to the laptop. You can see it inside Finder app. Select it and go to Files tab and expand FM Touch 20. Drag the dowloaded tactic here. The loading part (One folder up....) is the same.

Steps:
1) Download iTunes and install it
2) Connect the iPad to iTunes and wait for the sync to finish
3) Select the tablet and go to "File Sharing"
4) Select "FM Touch"
5) Click "Add File" and add the desired downloaded tactic
6) Click "Done", disconnect and enjoy.

When you load the tactic inside FM Touch just go one folder up from the tactics folder which is opened by default in order to see the imported tactic.

These steps are for iPads without jailbreak. With jailbreak just download the tactic directly on the iPad, use iFile or any other file explorer and copy the tactic into the FM Touch tactics folder.

Credits to mishyf I just copied their thread and they've provided us more info!

Edited by knap

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, alex1234 said:

Just started a new season with Brighton.Sold around 15 players and bought around 15 players as well to suit the tactics and the pressing style that I was going to try.Before this season the best position  I could get in a proper save was 7th .

Few things that I tried for the first time in this season .

1) Let my assistant took full control of the training(general and individual).Pick someone who's tactical style matches yours if possible and who is good in tactical .Here is mine .

2) I used the attached tactics as my base tactics and made few changes to it like changing the striker to PF.Changed the mentality to balanced .Updated the set pieces.Changed wing backs to fullbacks .Changed wingers to support .

3) For the first time I used OI's in hard matches .I would go to team analyst report and see what players were making most of the key passes ,usually its the midfielders.I would use OI's on them like the screenshot posted.I know some will argue that OIs pull players out of there positions and the tactics shape isn't the same and it leaves gaps.But I know my weaker team is no match for the big clubs if i play  like normal MM there deeper player.So far I have completely shut down city united arsenal and Chelsea using them .

4) Few other changes I make during game are .Change width of defending if I am playing teams like liverpool who loves using there DL DR a lot in attacking to counter some of there crossing.Take away p[lay from back and work ball into box if losing .Take away pass into space ,run at defenders if winning in the last 20 min along with drop LOE and DL to one notch down in last 20 min if winning.

This is how my table looks like in December. 

20200620091136_1.jpg

20200620092302_1.jpg

20200620090624_1.jpg

20200620092737_1.jpg

FM20.4.1FireandWaterVOL24321OXP103EC_1.fmf 45.39 kB · 7 downloads 41221 tweak.fmf 45.41 kB · 5 downloads

20200620135520_1.jpg

7 hours ago, knap said:

FM 20.4.1

VENOM & FAITH  VOL2 4312 SP P104 ALL CUPS

!!!!!FM20.4.1Venom&FaithKnapVOL24312SPP104ALLCUPS.fmf 45.09 kB · 22 downloads

1763167368_Screenshot(1596).thumb.png.33c6a1d09965dc48fd85c29c2838428e.png99656191_Screenshot(1594).thumb.png.187aaf45cad449831e93155ad3c7ad87.png930783527_Screenshot(1593).thumb.png.1f271bd96691a7040d1a07cc6cfa3d00.png1532952180_Screenshot(1595).thumb.png.ce480e7a6fbb726b843f704d8440ca94.png

Hi Knap,

Big fan of your tactic.

Just wondering because I have just been starting with the version 1 for this 4-3-1-2 Venom tactic which you posted few days ago, and it has been doing really well actually.

But now you have posted the 2nd version.

May I know the difference?

Thanks a lot mate

51 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

Yes, easy. Download the 2nd version, put it side by side with the 1st version and see the differences yourself.
Won't take you more than a few minutes

Hi Earnie is God!,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did actually, and I found it almost the same in the results between those two. That's why I want to ask what's the difference maybe in the philosophy. I thought this thread is more about discussion.

But that's alright mate. Don't worry about it then. I'm sorry if you think I'm just wasting your time.

Thanks anyway.

2 часа назад, Stremka сказал:

997592741_!!!!!FM20.4.1VenomFaithKnapVOL241311P105FACCMUP100ALLCUPS

Great result!

image.thumb.png.3774003bd9b8572f271ae84989651839.png

I want to add a new result.

This is my record. I never got 73pts by Krylya Sovetov team. Chances to be champion is 1001-1.

Awesome knap! Good job mate!

image.thumb.png.ddd87ce252dc7f41eaf31eb6cd1a24b5.png

@Theodoros Yiorkas

Difficult to say. KASHMIR with an Elite team can score 255 goals in a season. Venom 442 has most votes. FIRE 4321 maybe most universal and the 41311is best rested over 164 games, and PARISIENNE SKEWED uses the favoured AMR/L

Hi Knap and everyone else, do you guys use IR or actually play games?

With IR, every Knap tactic is godlike, even the ones people criticise will take most top teams to a comfortable title so well done there Knap. When actually playing the games though, it feels a little less powerful, I am currently using Beowulf 4231 and with IR, I would score 4,5 or 6 goals a game constantly with my striker always getting two or more but if I actually play the game, the strikers struggle to score even though we have 25 to 35 shots a game. I am still winning so not complaining but it seems the match engine kills a lot of the chances when you play the game while IR avoids that flaw

1 hour ago, knap said:

@Theodoros Yiorkas

Difficult to say. KASHMIR with an Elite team can score 255 goals in a season. Venom 442 has most votes. FIRE 4321 maybe most universal and the 41311is best rested over 164 games, and PARISIENNE SKEWED uses the favoured AMR/L

So this year there isnt any tactic to break the machine? Is that possible?

@Icondacarver

I don't use IR but there is IR with FMT and an IR skin with full game. Not sure which IR you are comparing.

If you look at reviews FM Scout have played games and used IR.Tookajobs Holiday.I have tested playing compared to holiday and playing is better.I would expect IR to be better than holiday.

The only difference that could happen with IR is that the AI do nor respond in same way regarding tactic changes. I would play a game using IR, and then view the game and see if AI are making usual tactic changes

In my opinion, Kashmir Celtic version is the best tactic so far in this FM. However, this is not plug and play, you need to train hard your players and cleverly build your team around it for few seasons. Once this is done - these screenshots are from 2023/2024 - , what fantastic results! I won the French Championship with 133 goals leaving no chance to Paris and Champions League beating Barcelona, Real, Liverpool and Bayern. These are not Instant Results, I played every game. Thanks Knap for the tactic!

FM20.4.1KASHMIRKnap433MMP106FACCCELTIC227GOALS.fmf

274284761_Sanstitre6.thumb.png.93c12629c43d25555f201c07fc51c589.png

Sans titre.png

Sans titre 2.png

Sans titre 3.png

Sans titre 4.png

Sans titre 5.png

Edited by 007man013

3 hours ago, knap said:

@Icondacarver

I don't use IR but there is IR with FMT and an IR skin with full game. Not sure which IR you are comparing.

If you look at reviews FM Scout have played games and used IR.Tookajobs Holiday.I have tested playing compared to holiday and playing is better.I would expect IR to be better than holiday.

The only difference that could happen with IR is that the AI do nor respond in same way regarding tactic changes. I would play a game using IR, and then view the game and see if AI are making usual tactic changes

Thanks Knap, I meant the IR skin with the full game.

I feel that playing the matches with the 3d engine, the team does not convert the chances that it does when you use the IR (skin). Not an issue with the tactic but more with the games ME

^ On the subject of IR, after 13 years at the same club, I moved on to a different challenge. Was using IR exclusively since the release of the godawful 20.4.1 but my with the new club, nothing was working using Instant Result. Players performing like fish out of water. 

I have (reluctantly) gone back to playing out matches to make adjustments on the fly. The same tactics that are no longer effective using IR are now working but only with tactical adjustments. No more plug & play-the opposite of my previous club. 

Using the TEA FOR ONE UroKnap 4231P101 tactic with Marseille during the 22/23 season. Was at first position until the last game vs PSG, which they've won and then past thru me in the table. Unbeaten in the league until round 34, were we lost to Lyon away...

Very, very consistent tactic despite a totally new team from the beginning of the season. Every player that didn't fit the tactic or was above 27 years of age were sold, and new younger players were brought in. Sticked with POSITIVE mentality throughout the whole season. (No UCL/ EL due to Marseille ended up 12th place the season before). 

Thanks @knap!!

image.thumb.png.12b821c02f30f0b01b69f183f0ac2eb9.png

image.thumb.png.c03428992893795493853f839d05ba15.png

image.thumb.png.a2e5e0128f494917b52ea47f833c9ead.png

image.thumb.png.490fe52cc7e163665d3046cfe07f3f08.png

image.thumb.png.a9b22975fee9947da820afb0bfad2e19.pngimage.thumb.png.16977d32be9efc5cbdef26698d2d50a1.png

image.thumb.png.70dd4c2d3154fcc78d32d18b72caeb14.png

Edited by pilmalm

@knap

Quick question. Are you still going to support FMScout with your tactics considering what's come out about the guy who does the videos for your tactics? Obviously you get paid for the privilege but when it's being used by a dirty piece of work surely a line must be drawn? 

Didn't know anything about it and after searching for a while and seeing some comments on some of their youtube vids, decided it probably easiest to check on twitter, right?

Right.

I've only just started watching the 1hr video within so not sure what to make of it at the moment.
Make your own minds up

7 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

@knap

Quick question. Are you still going to support FMScout with your tactics considering what's come out about the guy who does the videos for your tactics? Obviously you get paid for the privilege but when it's being used by a dirty piece of work surely a line must be drawn? 

6 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Didn't know anything about it and after searching for a while and seeing some comments on some of their youtube vids, decided it probably easiest to check on twitter, right?

Right.

I've only just started watching the 1hr video within so not sure what to make of it at the moment.
Make your own minds up

Stop with this! PERIOD

It`s a thread about knap tactics, not what happened with fm scout team.

@ImDaWeasel

I don't know what the issue is about

I try not to get to involved and only really run this thread and post on MR L Discord. The main point about the YT is to provide instructions for ipad players, and Rober picks the right team for the tactic.. These elements are useful to help play the game.

What happened to FMS, between them, there is little interest or no interest into Knap thread and it's totally of the topic. Nothing to do with Knap. 

В 21.06.2020 в 11:43, Stremka сказал:

I want to add a new result.

This is my record. I never got 73pts by Krylya Sovetov team. Chances to be champion is 1001-1.

Awesome knap! Good job mate!

image.thumb.png.ddd87ce252dc7f41eaf31eb6cd1a24b5.png

one more result.  Norwich

image.thumb.png.24e3cf15509db64b18893d000c45f979.png