Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Lloydey1 said:

I have been looking for a tactic with one up top, AMR/L and MC plus DM (so the MC can be creative/attacking). I was using Davy’s tactic pre testing with some success (but scraping wins not playing superbly well and against top clubs it wasn’t defensively sound) and have just come across 451 Preachin Blues which looks great and ranks well in tests. I am starting a new save with Man Utd. A few questions re adjustments to Preachin blues for Knap if that’s ok-

1. I have used Rashford to great effect as a IF but on At duty - views on that?

2. I like that you have a CM A and MeZ S - the latter I plan to fill with a Bruno Fernandes. The former I will use Pogba for but he is better as a AP A. How much difference would this make (as both attack duty)? I am guessing a CM is more defensive than a AP even on A duty? On my prior save on Davy’s formation my favourite part was the AP A and MeZ S combo which led to Pogba getting 20 goals, perhaps as an offset reduce the DM to D rather than S

i guess this sounds like simple tweaks but I don’t want to mess up the way the tactic fits together 

3. In reality can I change the PF to AF - and up their pressing urgency. I am basing this on Martial/Rashford being good AF but less at PF

(as a side note would be interested to hear how you use the role suitability on your saves as many of your formations have MR and ML and also MC where there can be difficulty finding a player “green” for that role - do you just ignore and play someone good (eg Salah on your recent Liverpool save) in MR/L and basically they act as AMR/L)?

I have started the season now with a 2-1 home victory vs Chelsea, which I dominated and should have had more - so far so good. Would be good to get feedback on the above though!

1 hour ago, knap said:

SEE Screenshots and answers above. I also discussed lst night on discord a lot of the background.

Hey, do you have a discord server? url?

P.S: Is there a tactic with 2 strikers and wingers to recommend for an underdog team?

Thanks in advance Knap

Had great success with sympathy , beowulf and Sicilian . won both EPL and UCL 3 seasons in a row 

This season decided to test the new sympathy P108 however  things are not going so well and things like this keeps happening ...

any thoughts ?

Captura de ecrã 2020-01-10, às 17.15.33.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-01-10, às 17.24.11.png

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-5 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 6-11 in League

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

12 minutes ago, knap said:

With Chelsea you can always use home and away tactics.

Oxford may not be that good away as a fairly open tactic.

Please, please recommend one tactic for home, one for away...after lots of failure I don't trust my judgement no more 

sometimes i really do not understand this game. 

This is a screen of retourn match of 1st knockout round of europa League first season, my team is AZ

The first match has ended 3-3, with plenty ccc for both teams but in the retourn match I simply cannot contain my opponent, they started with long ball since the beginning and everytime the forwarders were alone against my goalkeeper.

I've started with simpathy 108 as starting tactic, then switched sicilian, then i've lowered the mentality to balanced, then to cautious then to defensive but there was no way to stop the long balls 

cop en.PNG

On the other hand the only tactic that allows me to play away against strong or stronger opponents with attacking mentality is wuld 4132 106 pt, the screen below shows how i've dominated PSV away.

psv eng.PNG

Edited by radetzky

13 minutes ago, radetzky said:

sometimes i really do not understand this game. 

This is a screen of retourn match of 1st knockout round of europa League first season, my team is AZ

The first match has ended 3-3, with plenty ccc for both teams but in the retourn match I simply cannot contain my opponent, they started with long ball since the beginning and everytime the forwarders were alone against my goalkeeper.

I've started with simpathy 108 as starting tactic, then switched sicilian, then i've lowered the mentality to balanced, then to cautious then to defensive but there was no way to stop the long balls 

I'm testing this out, not sure if it works yet: 

Hi Knap,

Thank you for the tactics. May I ask.. For FM20.2 SICILIAN P101, do you prefer more conventional DMs (Defensive) like Dier/Kante or technical DMs (DLP role) like Ruben Neves? Will a defensive/ tech combo work well to compliment with each other?

13 ore fa, Augustin1979 ha scritto:

I'm testing this out, not sure if it works yet: 

many thanks for this tip.

It's very interesting, i've tried to apply the Tpalan's suggestions to wulf4132 106 pt and this was the result….a clear win away against Benfica.

They had no chances coming from long balls.

ben eng.PNG

Tested 4132SympathyVol2P108, 2nd season RMadrid (2030/2031). 3 losses: 1 in league - reserve team(away 2-0) and 2 in UCL - reserve team in group stage(away 1-0) and 1st semi-final vs MCity (home 0-1). No OI's. Good tactic, TY Knap! Will test BVB.

sumpathy.png

any advice? my own tactic went stale and had a look at argus 3322 and decided to give that a go. Tweaking as necessary based on strength of opps (moving down to balanced or cautious, DL line down, etc) but im 19th in form table. Losing to teams I should be beating (this is my easiest run of games all teams bottom half and I'm Crystal Palace cemented myself as a EL team 3 season in). Most chances created but strikers couldn't hit a barn door to save their children (Haaland and Gabriel Jesus) I would try some of the others but i only have the players to play some varirant of 352 currently. None of the 352s have yielded any success and my own tactic while very slightly better is still stale and i'm in dire need to save my season!

Been playing FM/CM for nearly 20 years and never ever been stumped this bad before 

56 minutes ago, erzet17 said:

Tested 4132SympathyVol2P108, 2nd season RMadrid (2030/2031). 3 losses: 1 in league - reserve team(away 2-0) and 2 in UCL - reserve team in group stage(away 1-0) and 1st semi-final vs MCity (home 0-1). No OI's. Good tactic, TY Knap! Will test BVB.

sumpathy.png

Did you play the games, or was it on holiday mode/instant result? 

12 minutes ago, Bardzie said:

any advice? my own tactic went stale and had a look at argus 3322 and decided to give that a go. Tweaking as necessary based on strength of opps (moving down to balanced or cautious, DL line down, etc) but im 19th in form table. Losing to teams I should be beating (this is my easiest run of games all teams bottom half and I'm Crystal Palace cemented myself as a EL team 3 season in). Most chances created but strikers couldn't hit a barn door to save their children (Haaland and Gabriel Jesus) I would try some of the others but i only have the players to play some varirant of 352 currently. None of the 352s have yielded any success and my own tactic while very slightly better is still stale and i'm in dire need to save my season!

Been playing FM/CM for nearly 20 years and never ever been stumped this bad before 

I'm having the same experience as you. I need someone to recommend any tactic or strategy for 3D play..