• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/11/2020 at 18:34, knap said:

Mate!

(1st of all, sorry for late posting)

This is insane!

Was looking for good underdog tactic. Tried several ones and finally found this.

We are Fresh Div2 winners and marched again into cup final against one of the top team from my country (approx. 5x better value). Nothing changed and/or post-tweak ****.

Thanks!

CRAZY! Behold:

crazycupresult.jpg

Echoes 4231 P111 :thup: 

Doing a little lower league test on what is ranked the lowest playable level in a league where players have amateur contracts and a good player has 30-40 ability!

Brilliant, very happy with it. Cheers

dracs.png

Might be a strange question but how would you all define underdog?  I am starting my Toulouse save and while they not a great side they were relegated last season so they are currently the best side in their league and promotion favourites.

Trying to decide whether to go with an underdog tactics straight away and get them used to it ready for next season when they will, hopefully, be promoted to Ligue 1.  Any ideas?

7 minutes ago, Sith Lord said:

Might be a strange question but how would you all define underdog?  I am starting my Toulouse save and while they not a great side they were relegated last season so they are currently the best side in their league and promotion favourites.

It's relative to the league. Use a top team tactic, or one that works for both :) Normally most underdogs also work for top team. Depends if you want to change if you get promoted... And build another squad.

5 minutes ago, knap said:

@Sith Lord

With Dulwich Hamlet I let the DOF makes transfers and holiday up the leagues. This means the tactic has to be good at top mid or under.

10 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

It's relative to the league. Use a top team tactic, or one that works for both :) Normally most underdogs also work for top team. Depends if you want to change if you get promoted... And build another squad.

Thanks both.  So the status is relative to the league the team are in.

Previous saves tell me that the board do not give any sort of budget when promoted so a major rebuild is not really on the cards.  I will go for one of the better all-round tactics.

@Sith Lord

Normally have to rely on loans and frees

Not tried this recently but if you set up a friendly league tournament with big clubs you can give your finances a boost.

Edited by knap

will start a list of tactics to tweak

343 IF

VENOM 4132 MEZ P101 EC

WARRIOR

MAD AS A HATTER

PARISIENNE WALKWAYS 424 P108 EC CC for 21.6 please ? (TEST)

Venom&FaithKnap41212P100ALLCUPSNOLOSS

FM21.4KASHMIRKnap23230CP102ALLCUPS " in the pipeline?

Edited by knap

@ViperBlade

To be honest there is not a lot of pleasure from using strikerless. If you lok at the Lower League test with Dulwich striker tactics are just as good. Stikerless just appear to be effective with test leagues.

On 02/03/2021 at 09:06, Whufc10000 said:

I only ask because both WB's and the right IF are set to mark specific positions, but the left IF isn't?

Hi knap, I used FM21.5HOLYGHOST FIRE4-5-1  with West Brom, no transfers, just a couple of loans in January due to injuries and with 8 minutes to go in the very last game of the very first season I was Top of the league :eek:

Sadly, halfway through season 2(top after 19 games) results dried up and I've just quit the save with 8 games left.

I was looking for some advice on a "step up tactic" for mid table teams that I could try switching to? I'd prefer the same formation and as many of the same roles as the FM21.5HOLYGHOST FIRE4-5-1 if possible, but if not I'm open to other formations and roles.

I'm a big fan of the IF roles and I'm not a  fan of the IWB roles and I'd prefer a 1 striker tactic if possible.

Looking forward to your reply, cheers.

On 05/03/2021 at 20:18, Dutsinho said:

Hi @knap I use your tactic "Fm21Venom&FaithKnap41212P100ALLCUPSNOLOSS" since November the results are still beautiful even with the updates of the M.E, I wanted to know if there has been an update of this tactic lately ? Thanks for the job

Are you Everton mate? 

@whufc

Itdependsa bit on expectation of what can be delivered by a tactic

If you say 6th would be good it could be a case of good rng followed by back rng - luck levelling out.

The other explanation is reputation and a common held view is that the AI go more defensive due to your good results, and it becomes more difficult to get results..

Tests were carried out with same test team but one with high rep and one with low rep. Tactics performed better with the low rep team despite all other variable kept the same.

If West Brom are 2nd then logic would say a top tactic like Preachin Blues 451 but the question is the team good enough to handle a top tactic..

If you ask me on discord I may give a slightly different answer.

11 minutes ago, knap said:

@whufc

Itdependsa bit on expectation of what can be delivered by a tactic

If you say 6th would be good it could be a case of good rng followed by back rng - luck levelling out.

The other explanation is reputation and a common held view is that the AI go more defensive due to your good results, and it becomes more difficult to get results..

Tests were carried out with same test team but one with high rep and one with low rep. Tactics performed better with the low rep team despite all other variable kept the same.

If West Brom are 2nd then logic would say a top tactic like Preachin Blues 451 but the question is the team good enough to handle a top tactic..

If you ask me on discord I may give a slightly different answer.

@knapdo you have Discord link?