Could we be about to have a World Cup Eve TWIST?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is completly mental :D 

Surely I understand teh Spanish FA being really mad over Lopetegui not telling them until the last moment. But sacking a well liked and respected manager two days before the first game? Christ, think what's the best for the teams World Cup chances and not about being offended that Lopetegui signed for Real Madrid.

8 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

This is completly mental :D 

Surely I understand teh Spanish FA being really mad over Lopetegui not telling them until the last moment. But sacking a well liked and respected manager two days before the first game? Christ, think what's the best for the teams World Cup chances and not about being offended that Lopetegui signed for Real Madrid.

Spain aren't a minnow. They need to set the right example for the future too.

I'm sure it would have been different if he'd been honest about it.

1 hour ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Oh and so petty of Real Madrid to announce it now too.

Yeah they could have waited until after the World Cup but they seem to think they're immune from any consequences. We'll see soon if the Spanish FA have the bottle to punish them. But then again, they might not want to upset the Real Madrid players in the squad so may end up waiting until after the team go out to do anything.

8 hours ago, ryan045 said:

Is that a sackable offence? I’m not so sure. They could at least talk things through 2 days before a WC. Van Gaal is another example. He was pre agreed with United and took Holland quite far.

Of course it is, it’s breach of contract ffs :D

This has nothing to do with him wanting to leave and doesn’t even matter that he’s just signed a contract. It has everything to do with him not even telling his boss before it was announced.

Breach of contract and completely and utterly disrespectful. Completely deserved sacking.

11 hours ago, Mr Adam said:

Of course it is, it’s breach of contract ffs :D

It's not a breach of contract though, is it? The contract literally contains a clause for this eventuality, which Real Madrid are activating.

18 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

It's not a breach of contract though, is it? The contract literally contains a clause for this eventuality, which Real Madrid are activating.

Indeed, but it was the unprofessional way it was announced. It was done at the wrong time, just before the World Cup.

19 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Apparently, Pique had to hold Ramos off from hitting Rubiales.

Going to be a really interesting game tomorrow.

Quite funny considering Pique is the Catalan separatist that has a track record of getting on the wrong side of the Spanish FA.

Doesn’t look like its effected the players too much? Deserved to win if not for Cristiano’s brilliance, played peak Spanish football at points. Nor can I see the world’s best keeper making such an error again.

I like their prospects again, should calmly dispose of Iran and Morocco and then if we’re to judge group A on Uruguay’s performance today, I don’t think Spain would care too much about playing them or anyone else in that group. My expectations is that they will be calmly reaching the semis. However, it has to be said Spain looked vulnerable on the counter today, could be the death of them to a Brazil or Germany.

What I disliked about Spain today is Thiago’s omission, this should not be allowed imo. I was also excited/interested to see Rodrigo up top but that definitely isn’t happening now. Can’t complain about sluggish Diego too much today though.

Archived