FM09 Demo - injuries

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem that is causing the injuries seems to be just that the preseason friendlies are generally too close together so the players get knackered and injure themselves. Then again, even with them all (and more) I haven't managed to reproduce (despite several attempts) the kind of numbers some people are coming up with here.

I have tried getting rid of half of the friendlies and am now starting EPL with a fully fit squad.

While I don't like the bug at all, I disagree with those who say it makes the game unplayable. It will undoubtedly be fixed in a patch or directly in the retail version, so why should it affect your pre-order?

Just because there is a possibility that it will be fixed in a patch in the future, it does not mean that the game/demo is not unplayable at the moment.

It just shows how much 'effort' the SI QA team put in, or simply how little time they had. Or maybe they still retained their new QA manager (who was hired since fm08) despite the extremely poor QA for fm08?

Retail version is a gold copy of the demo so it won't be.

My point is that it will ultimately be fixed in a patch, as it always is. There are always bugs, however annoying, and I for one think it's better they're found early in the demo so SI can get to working on the patches quickly, perhaps in time for release day (give or take two weeks).

This is a gamebreaker for me in a big way.

I'm am more than a little miffed to say the least. I've cancelled my pre-order and have no interest in playing a management game if three-quarters of your already small squad are on long-term injuries before the season kicks off.

Stupid stupid stupid.

I would have to say I agree to a certain extent.

Using Man Utd, I already start out with Ronaldo, Park and Hargreaves injured (but with Berbatov signed). I proceed to cancel half my friendlies, setting them up so that I have at least 5 days between games. In the end, I still lose Fletcher, Evra, Gary Neville and Giggs by the time I open the league campaign against Chelsea (2-1 to me!), though I managed to get by the next few games with the helm of new signings.

One of them (Aguero), of course, gets injured for a month 6 minutes into his debut.

Hi all - long time CM/FMer since 95/96 - first time poster.

Have downloaded the Strawberry demo and started as Arsenal. Have found that Fabregas is out for 2 months straight from the off which was not the case in real life.

Have started 4 games as Arsenal to test this and he always has the same injury.

At that point I decided to set up a friendly against my reserves on the 9th July - game starts on the 8th - by the end of the game 6 players were injured with periods out for between one month and five months.= despite everything set up for light tackles and relaxed play.

This, on top of Cesc's non-existent injury, means I'm concerned that the injury coding is a little OTT as it was pre 8.0.1 patch last year and 7.0.1 the year before.

Anyone else having similar injury issues?

(Rest of it seems good though my lappy won't do 3D - anyone reckon I could move a save game between desktop and laptop on a memory stick so I can use 3d on desktop but rattle through some games on the lappy so I can sit in the lounge with the wife?)

Cheers

Herbie

Yep, I cannot believe the number of injuries Arsenal start with and I have picked up about 6 more since, about 12 all up, however the game is excellent IMHO

Hahahaha, this is ridiculous.

Just had Toure get a "virus" and will be out for between 2-3 weeks, or a month if I don't send him home!! What has he got, freaking bird flu????

Stupid injuries in this game, SORT IT OUT !!!

I haven't had a problem, my players are fit from a sensible preseason and they don't seem to be getting injured.

Edit: Also, all of the arsenal injuries were like that IRL in july, as far as I can remember...

Cesc was uninjured but tired after Euro's - was the last player to come back to training cos he was given a nice long rest

Not injuries which is concerning me alot,

Its the typing error, it comes out like this when your typing in a player:

Say if i wanted one of my fav players from the last 08 it'd go like this:

Aaallann Kaarrdecc

FIX IT, really annoys me.

injuryie6.th.png

Everything went well til the 80th minute, then i get 4 injurys in the space of 7 MINUTES!

Gudjohnsen - 2 months

Eto - 4 months

Hleb - 2 months

How the **** is this even possible?

Not a GOOD start SI! Really disappointed that this big bug made it through. There even was a reporter that did a review of this game, and highlighted the easy injurys which Miles himself denied was a problem. And now we get this?

Shame on you!

Good game overall, but needs alot of fixing, just take the 2D, how can you even **** up this? The 2D is the thing that should still be the best thing in the game. Now the names under the dots are all like half mile away from the actual dot, something similar to when a player gets injured in the 2008 game. Also the 2D Classic stutter its way through the game, i actually play on the new 2D because the game floats way much better though i dont like it.

Also the Match speed thingy needs fixing in 2D Classic mode, the last step on it is way to fast, and the one before its to slow. It can be that much difference.

Didn't FM08 have an injury plague? And FM07? And .. well you get my gist. Suffice to say none of us should be surprised.

I reckon the FM testers spend all their days just going "Wooo I'm testing the next version of FM. Wooo" and high-fiving each other.

Because they sure as heck aren't playing the damn game.

VB

Hahahaha, this is ridiculous.

Just had Toure get a "virus" and will be out for between 2-3 weeks, or a month if I don't send him home!! What has he got, freaking bird flu????

Stupid injuries in this game, SORT IT OUT !!!

hahahahahhaa, this has got to be one of the weirdest injuries in the demo so far :D :D

Good shout Pelican - original post at some awful time of the morning after downloading it then backed myself to have called it right after reading your first post.

2 months ain't quite right though.

(couldn't get your link to work so searched through the arsenal forum I post on)

Knowing SI, they took a tested version of the game, without any issues, then some bright spark decided to "tweak" something onto the release candidate, which had a side effect of causing a dozen injuries a month. Last year that was how the closing down bug started, someone decided to tweak some settings, and it caused miles of problems for SI and players.

injury bug maybe occur because friendly match or any type of non-official match.

i have injury problem when my team play in friendly match.so i try cancel every friendly match and start first match with UCL qualifying.

4 matches so far and got only 1 injury player from international friendly(!?).

maybe it's because i'm very lucky or programmer made a big mistake while they code injury chance for each match type.

friendly match type should set injury chance to "very low" but they set it to "ultra very super high".

i'll play a bit more for see the result that i'm just lucky or it really because friendly(bloody) match.

I'm sorry but this is totally unacceptable from SI. I really don't want to say anything negative about them because they are a great team who work very very hard. However, when the game was finished did no-one even bother to play it for a few hours first? Had they done so we wouldn't be having these problems.

It's not like they didn't know about it either; when that Polish preview was released a few weeks back (think it was Polish) it was noted there were too many injuries, but SI brushed it off. Until this problem is address then FM09, in my humble opinion, is unplayable and as such I've uninstalled the demo.

So, we all KNOW there is a problem. The question is what will be done to correct it and WHEN?

Archived