FM09 Demo - injuries

I though I downloaded the wrong game, this look like Hospital Theme, 2 game and 3/4 of my squad are injured for months, LOL what an epic fail SI, before put in all this new gizmo fix the game 08 had the same problem when was relise, you guys didnt learn from the past mistake ?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I have the same issue.. 5 players injured after 3 games and my lyers will be out for a period ranging from 1 to 5 months.. I'm Arsenal and I already have 4 players injured from the start.... How am I supposed to try the game if I have no team? :( Is there an editor like FMM or something already available to correct this while we wait for the first patch? (since this trend is present in the demo I presume it will be in the full game as well....)

Miles, in the hope you read this thread, wrt to the known issues sticky. I think the issue isn't so much we're getting lots of injuries, it's the length of them. A lot of these injuries are for 1 month or longer, and I've already had two 5 month injuries.

Guest josh9393

Managing Man Utd, just played Community Shield, so not even started league season, and I've already got six injuries, three of which are for two months. Playing Chelsea at home next, and I haven't got a chance, missing Ronaldo, Berbatov, Carrick, Nani, Fletcher, Giggs, and Anderson's at the Olympics! :mad:

And now I've just lost Vidic for .... 2 months.

During the match, I lost Rooney and Scholes, plus I lost 1-0. I now officialy manage a reserve team, champions of europe!

Half of my Man City team are injured.

Tried to sign Ronaldo but he's injured for 6 months. Tried to sign Kevin Nolan but he's injured for four months. Tried to sign Darjo Srna but he's injured for 6 months as well.

So instead I had to buy Dean Windass, just to get a first team out! He was pretty much the only player not injured in the whole game!

I'm at Inter, i have like 8 players injured from the start, and despite having a medium training workload, and wasting time set to high in my tactic, i get 4-5 players injured per match, 2 of them for 2 weeks-a month. Every 2 weeks i get another 2 players injured, it's just not stopping, seems very wrong to me, 10-12 players injured permanently..

This is ridicolous just read the thread where there is a comment from SI...BUT surely when you buy a buy a game thats all you need...And you can take it home and be happy...You shouldnt have to download a patch...What happens if i a buyer of the game doesnt look at this site and takes it home to play...Not acceptable!

I just don't understand how the testing team didn't pick up this injuries issue. It was obvious within 30 minutes of starting the game. Do they even have a testing team? I agree that not everyone uses these forums, I fear for the experience of the unpatched user (again, for the 6th year in a row).

i agree, not everyone checks for patches and updates games, the fact the bugs got passed even a one person playing it for 2 mins i would be amazed, but a whole QA team ? lol seriously

next year have a beta out, even if it was a ingame month, that way we can tell you what to fix before you waste time and money pressing a game thats buggy out of the box..

if si want people to forgive them and try and salvage some sales i would seriously try releasing a demo ASAP with a quick injury fix,

i want to play but i cant even play for longer than 20mins,

if si want my money, release a new build of the demo, if not, ill play FML and pick up FM09 sometime next year

I have been a buyer of CM/FM for about 10 years and I have to say that there is NO way that this kind of injury bug, much less the 3D view "goal displaying before it actually goes in" issue, should EVER get through beta testing. The fact that SI are issuing a release day patch leads one to believe that they were fully aware of this problem. You have to give them credit though, SI does support their product, but I would have more respect for them if they just came out and said, "We are aware of these problems and will have a solution come release day, but we didn't want to keep the game from you."

Again, i hate to criticise SI, as they work very hard in producing IMO the best football management simulation available, but the injuries bug has become more than a joke now. Currently managing Forest and i have 15 players out injured! I'm having to field u18's now just to be able to play a game! I am a dedicated customer to the CM/FM games since they were first released back in 1992 but i feel i cannot play this anymore, there is no alternative but to uninstall it :-(

Hi all - long time CM/FMer since 95/96 - first time poster.

Have downloaded the Strawberry demo and started as Arsenal. Have found that Fabregas is out for 2 months straight from the off which was not the case in real life.

Have started 4 games as Arsenal to test this and he always has the same injury.

At that point I decided to set up a friendly against my reserves on the 9th July - game starts on the 8th - by the end of the game 6 players were injured with periods out for between one month and five months.= despite everything set up for light tackles and relaxed play.

This, on top of Cesc's non-existent injury, means I'm concerned that the injury coding is a little OTT as it was pre 8.0.1 patch last year and 7.0.1 the year before.

Anyone else having similar injury issues?

(Rest of it seems good though my lappy won't do 3D - anyone reckon I could move a save game between desktop and laptop on a memory stick so I can use 3d on desktop but rattle through some games on the lappy so I can sit in the lounge with the wife?)

Cheers

Herbie

Interesting as I am having major problems with my FC Barcelona side as well.

Players seem to be injured left and right. Seems to be 4 weeks injuries most of the time.

I seem to recall this very thing being a problem in the previous release as well.

Jorge andrade is actually injured IRL, his career might be over. So far I have played all of my preseason games and had 2 injuries both from Training. Are you checking the condition of the players during a game? If your not that might be a cause for so many players to be injured, I have been using my reserves a bit so I am not overplaying a player.

I totally agree, last night when I played as Man U I had 12 injuries in pre-season, 9 of which resulted in a player being out of action for a month or more... beggars belief that a testing team didn't notice such a profound error in the game, and as for the suggestion made by SI to compare the data with that held by physioroom.com, I'm fairly certain that such a high volume of injuries within a first team squad of 25 players isn't normal by any stretch of the imagination. I really think that they need to have serious words with their testing teams because they seem to get it wrong year in year out, the game only becomes playable after the first patch and enjoyable after the second patch, why??

Absolute joke.

How did this pass testing? Even the most amateur of FM players could see that this was a joke.

The demo is unplayable. Why release it?

This is what shocks me most of all. Its just so noticeable so quickly, surely there must be a testing team who play the game and feedback, rather than just using a list of generated statistics and comparing them to physioroom.com stats?

It doesn't need a patch for injuries, just needs you to space out your preseason friendlies...

um, the only friendlies i played were the ones set by default at the start, and there was over a week between each of them. i still had my squad decimated

it's a very obvious bug that si have apparenty acknowledged, it's nothing to do with the spacing of friendlies

ok well ive restarted lots of times and i still get this over and over :

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35144165uy0.jpg

so i start managing with no injurys on the "8th of July", and 32 days later i have 9 injurys all for around 2 months.....

you seriously cannot be telling me SI that " ohh we thought it was correct, we will check the real life stats again"

how on earth did it not show up on QA, 9 injurys in 32days and thats just 1st teamers !!!!!!

rather silly...

Archived