Most Succesful Strike Pairing??

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
It's not that I don't believe you.

I just find it unrealistic but never mind lol.

But, Messi, Henry and Eto got about 100 between them in all competitions last season so it's not entirely unfeasible.

Roman Pavlyuchenko and Pavel Pogrebnyak in my second season as Tottenham. In my first 8 games, Pav had 7 goals and Pog had 8. Pog got injured for about three months after that so he wasn't scoring and Pav's production went down a bit, but after about 2-3 weeks coming off of Pog's injury the partnership came alive once again. Since Pavlyuchenko is already there and Pogrebnyak isn't too expensive, it's an easy pairing to make as Tottenham and is one I would recommend for Tottenham players.

This save was a while ago so I don't remember exactly, but I think Pav ended with 25 goals in all competitions and Pog ended with maybe 17. I'm sure these figures would have been higher if Pog didn't hurt himself.

On my save (I'm in year 2015) Paris SG has some quality strikers, too. They just have won the Champions League. And the key players were Hoarau and Maurício (brazil player / born: 02.01.1990). They scored nearly in every game.

They remind me of Dzeko and Grafite at Wolfsburg who are the best strike pairing in the history of Bundesliga.

Had a regen called Brunello Pozzi, who on his own would regularly get 50+goals a season, combine that with Aguero getting 20-30 a season and it was unstoppable!!!! Pozzi was my god for the time I played that savegame

I've just finished season one with Glentoran in Northern Ireland. Gary Hamilton scored twenty-three, Michael Halliday got twenty-one. When either was injured, Andrew Waterworth would come in. He scored nine in fifthteen starts.

Vagner Love and Goran Pandev are absolutely ripping it up for my Villa side - 61 goals in all competitions between the two of them by March! They have a great creator-finisher dynamic going, with the only downside being that neither is very good in the air.

My current partners upfront are Mirko Vucinic and Nihat Kahveci.

Vucinic *joined 10.08.2008* scored 25 in 41.

Kahveci *joined 2.02.2009* scored 9 in 10.

I just hope these 2 can be lethal next season. But Mirko is getting interest from Barcelona and ex-club Roma :(

c.ronaldo7

Have you noticed how at the start of the game Paloschi has Balotelli as a favoured personal though? Subsequently they will generally "bond" quicker and be able to work together better (if that is actually possible in-game). I have found them to be a pretty lethal combination as well.

Archived