Manager picture!!

nikolaosaek

Definitely agree with this. It's a shame it got patched out, because other than not being able to use a manager picture, this has been one of my favourite FM titles. Without being able to choose a picture I find the generated avatar spoils the look of the game alongside using the facepack, which really hampers my enjoyment of the game. There seems to have been a lot of support on the forums for bringing back the manager picture before the workaround was discovered, which makes it fairly puzzling as to why they patched it out. 

On 3/6/2017 at 08:07, nikolaosaek said:

I really dont understand why you replaced this option and leave us only with the regen photo of ourselves.

Maybe it has something to do with the new 3D software they are using for those awful regens?

On 10/03/2017 at 20:42, wkdsoul said:

I kinda buggered up my skin or regen face pack and now wherever the 3D face is supposed to be is blank. A vast improvement. 

Any idea how you did this?

Blank would be infinitely better than the Frankenstein's Monster I now have! :-)

1 hour ago, Fidney said:

Any idea how you did this?

Blank would be infinitely better than the Frankenstein's Monster I now have! :-)

There is an option in preferences to turn off generated faces. It is there for ages actually. 

On 15/03/2017 at 23:53, Haiku said:

There is an option in preferences to turn off generated faces. It is there for ages actually. 

Yeah, thanks mate, I'm well aware of this.

I don't want to turn of regen faces altogether, just get rid of the generated manager face (and ideally go back to being able to use your own photo).

11 hours ago, Fidney said:

Yeah, thanks mate, I'm well aware of this.

I don't want to turn of regen faces altogether, just get rid of the generated manager face (and ideally go back to being able to use your own photo).

Vitrex skin has manager picture mod that allows using your own real image.

• 1 month later...

It would be nice to have the option to do one or the other I agree!!! Also it would be nice if it was made a lot easier. I vaguely remember battling with past games to get my manager profile picture to work!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-3-6 at 05:07, nikolaosaek said:

I really dont understand why you replaced this option and leave us only with the regen photo of ourselves. Bring back the option so we can put our photo instead.

The manager pic should have at least at side the 3D face version. 

Ok I just tried to start a new game, but now I've just read that with patch 17.3 they went OUT OF THEIR WAY to disable the workaround to upload a manager photo?  Even after the asinine Gumby manager figure has been ranted about in thread after thread??  I am flabbergasted.  

The removal of this is non-sensical. Adding a player picture really added a new dimension int terms of immersion, sadly it was one of my favourite features. I would create a fictional manager and (i know this is sad), but make a cut-out of an actor I thought would fit the manager and player as him.

I made an older Austrian tactical manager, who was played by Cristoph Waltz.

Good times... no so much now though :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived