Striking a Match Official

On 11/6/2016 at 14:30, phd_angel said:

"12 game ban for striking a match official." (see below).  I never saw a player striking a referee. Does it happen?!...

aaadirfootsnip_20161106111252.png

I feel like this is not possible in the game and FM just faithfully reprinted the proper rules from the league for realism. I could be wrong though!

Yeah the rules are just a copy of the real life rules. As far as I remember, violent incidents involving players was never designed to be in the game as SI feared legal action if a real life player was involved.

50 minutes ago, grff said:

Yeah the rules are just a copy of the real life rules. As far as I remember, violent incidents involving players was never designed to be in the game as SI feared legal action if a real life player was involved.

No reason why it shouldn't be implemented for regens though.

2 hours ago, Verby said:

What FM was it where there were headbutts? Not against referees but against players 

I remember that, but I think they are still there, sort of - I had a concussion training injury that was described as being 'the result of an altercation' - or words to that effect - which implies a training session fight.

5 hours ago, Verby said:

What FM was it where there were headbutts? Not against referees but against players 

It was back in the time with CM. You had to put the "Arse" command in though. You could have fights on the pitch, players punching other players, players punching the referee, ... Back then it was also regens only. Wish they put it back in. But I'm sure now they don't want to be controversial.

don't really see how there is any more legal threat than my players getting a rating of below 5. Why can't they sue for that? Players in real life to bite, punch, kick, stamp, shove etc. used to be part of the game in CM pre 2000 I don't remember having to use the Arse command.. it was just part of the game. If a player can sue because there is a chance in the game that they might kick someone... why can't they sue if there is a chance they play a 1/10 rating? Or two footed tackles? Why are there no keeper red cards! A whole world of mystery surrounds the explanations from SI as to why these things do not happen.

'due to legal advice' comes under the category ... we don't want to do this because of 'something'.

It's disappointing because the game really lacks individuality of the players. There is no difference between someone like Costa and Giroud in the game but a world of difference in real life. All the things that make Costa one of the most exciting and best players in the Premier league do not exist in FM.

If you can't ask a player to play to the limits of the laws (thereby sometimes crossing the line), then every FM save goes the same way ... signing players mostly based on stats, not on who they are as players.

we should have TI/PI 'wind opponents up', 'dive in box', 'rough up on set plays'... and as a result of these instructions.. yes occasionally it should bubble up and either go too far and be booked yourself, or elicit a response from the opponent.

if  there are legal ramifications, SI should give us an option when using fake players only.

3 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

'due to legal advice' comes under the category ... we don't want to do this because of 'something'.

It's disappointing because the game really lacks individuality of the players. There is no difference between someone like Costa and Giroud in the game but a world of difference in real life. All the things that make Costa one of the most exciting and best players in the Premier league do not exist in FM.

If you can't ask a player to play to the limits of the laws (thereby sometimes crossing the line), then every FM save goes the same way ... signing players mostly based on stats, not on who they are as players.

we should have TI/PI 'wind opponents up', 'dive in box', 'rough up on set plays'... and as a result of these instructions.. yes occasionally it should bubble up and either go too far and be booked yourself, or elicit a response from the opponent.

if  there are legal ramifications, SI should give us an option when using fake players only.

Isnt winds up opponents already in the game?  Fair point though

1 minute ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Couldn't you also complain about a referee in the old CM's? Around 00-01 time. I am positive, although im going back some years, one of my players had something called a Global Ban on that game, for something outlandish like headbutting

yes you could complain about a referee and either be fined because of it, or on very rare occasions have the referee sacked. all adds to the game, especially as I've mentioned in other posts that once you have played 1 season, you have seen everything the game has to offer... so the only variables are your own selections, transfers, tactics. Whereas I'd love playing Cm 98 for 30 seasons because every now and again you would get a weird/rare/exciting occurance happened... that if watsapp had existed at the time you'd probably send your mates a screen shot. Now there is nothing like that. As stated before; I've seen Davids retire in his prime due to injury, I've seen players 'global ban' for 9 months for hitting a referee, 12 matches for headbutt and I've seen brawls result in 4 instant reds.. all in pre-FM.

so did a case actually go to court where a player sued championship manager for this? not according to my google searches.... So where does this 'legal advice' come from?

I think a PPM may exist for wind up opponents ... but what tangible effect does it have if SI have restricted the wound up opponents from being able to retaliate.

8 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Couldn't you also complain about a referee in the old CM's? Around 00-01 time. I am positive, although im going back some years, one of my players had something called a Global Ban on that game, for something outlandish like headbutting

You could complain in CM 01/02 and players were definitely able to punch the ref. I had Kiko get a global ban on two separate occasions for it.

31 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

yes you could complain about a referee and either be fined because of it, or on very rare occasions have the referee sacked. all adds to the game, especially as I've mentioned in other posts that once you have played 1 season, you have seen everything the game has to offer... so the only variables are your own selections, transfers, tactics. Whereas I'd love playing Cm 98 for 30 seasons because every now and again you would get a weird/rare/exciting occurance happened... that if watsapp had existed at the time you'd probably send your mates a screen shot. Now there is nothing like that. As stated before; I've seen Davids retire in his prime due to injury, I've seen players 'global ban' for 9 months for hitting a referee, 12 matches for headbutt and I've seen brawls result in 4 instant reds.. all in pre-FM.

so did a case actually go to court where a player sued championship manager for this? not according to my google searches.... So where does this 'legal advice' come from?

I think a PPM may exist for wind up opponents ... but what tangible effect does it have if SI have restricted the wound up opponents from being able to retaliate.

Thats a point,  are players now unable to retire from injury? Unless theyre newgens

2 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Forgot all about him, he was a free agent on one, im sure.  Ex Atletico, was very good him. IRL too

Yep he was a free agent on 01/02 and was a beast (in every sense of the word)

1 hour ago, Cometdude said:

Yep he was a free agent on 01/02 and was a beast (in every sense of the word)

Kiko, Taribo West and Onesimo - all on free transfer... there's your title winning signings. Done! Any team though ... made 01-02 far too easy, defoe/rvn/crespo/vieiri/henry etc..  as striker could score 60+ every season till they retire haha.

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

So where does this 'legal advice' come from?

Arse-covering corporate lawyers probably - that's normally where this kind of timidity comes from. Someone will have done a risk assessment - decided SI (or Sega) would face huge reputational damage if a player or club attempted to take action (regardless of whether they actually had a case or won) and hugely overestimated, or ignored, the probability of it actually happening. But better safe than sorry ....

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived