• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: sergi samper

Your Team: portsmouth

Buyer/Seller: liverpool

Player's Value: Around £21 million

Offer: £50 million (£13 upfront £37 million over 12 months + 20% profit )

Transfer/Wage Budget: £42 million in transfer and wage budget off £670kpw

Patch: Latest

Season: January 2020

i really cant decide if to sell him or not i got him a year earlier for £9 million

i really cant decide if to sell him or not i got him a year earlier for £9 million

Sell Sell Sell..... £50m is a lot of money! You can get more than sufficient cover to replace him with that amount.

Can you replace him? Are you okay selling to a rival?

You're getting alot of money but weird there's 20% profit on as it'll never make any. Personally I'd sell. Is Grujic still at Liverpool?

Can you replace him? Are you okay selling to a rival?

You're getting alot of money but weird there's 20% profit on as it'll never make any. Personally I'd sell. Is Grujic still at Liverpool?

In the end after some hard thinking i did sell him the offer off £50 million i decided was to good and i replaced him with George Thorne for £10 million

i looked at grujic and he actualy just transfered to valencia this window for £8 million

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Josh King

Your Team: Sheffield United

Buyer/Seller: Bournemouth

Player's Value: £2.1 million i believe

Offer: Currently got on loan with a £2.5 mill future fee agreed

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not sure until season finishes

Patch: 16.2 something, defo not 16.3

Season: 1/2

Just wanted to gauge a few reactions on this one, see if anyone has had any experience with the player etc. Got Josh King on loan with about 10 games left on the season in League 1, and agreed a future fee on £2.5 million to buy. Stats won't blow the socks off anyone for sure, except for pace, which is explosive to say the least. Scouts go wild for him, but they would as i'm technically only a League 1 team still (promotion confirmed but 2 games left of season). He hasn't done much in the 8 games he's played but he's mostly be a sub and has still managed to pop up with the odd goal.

Now i have no idea what my budget is going to be for the new season, i may not get near the 2.5 million mark, and his wages might be an issue yes. But say i could finish the deal, is he worth picking up to help my Championship push?

Player Name: Josh King

Your Team: Sheffield United

Buyer/Seller: Bournemouth

Player's Value: £2.1 million i believe

Offer: Currently got on loan with a £2.5 mill future fee agreed

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not sure until season finishes

Patch: 16.2 something, defo not 16.3

Season: 1/2

Just wanted to gauge a few reactions on this one, see if anyone has had any experience with the player etc. Got Josh King on loan with about 10 games left on the season in League 1, and agreed a future fee on £2.5 million to buy. Stats won't blow the socks off anyone for sure, except for pace, which is explosive to say the least. Scouts go wild for him, but they would as i'm technically only a League 1 team still (promotion confirmed but 2 games left of season). He hasn't done much in the 8 games he's played but he's mostly be a sub and has still managed to pop up with the odd goal.

Now i have no idea what my budget is going to be for the new season, i may not get near the 2.5 million mark, and his wages might be an issue yes. But say i could finish the deal, is he worth picking up to help my Championship push?

I'd say not. That's too much money for one player. There's going to be a few released players, listed etc. Unless you're playing to his strengths and he's going to win you the league which he isn't I'd say otherwise. Infact I've just checked him up on my Rotherham save. I'm in 2021, he's 29, valued is 195k and plays for Tromso. In 93 games for different clubs he's scored 13 goals. His ratings are all below 6.61 apart from one season for Wolves he got 6.82 which is the only season he has assists, a whopping 2 in 24 games. There's a tactic somewhere that will suit King down to the ground due to having beat offside trap but to me he isn't going to be worth it.

There's enough threads on here that'll get you alot better players for better value that will have resale value.

Apologies if that was a bit long winded. I think King is an alright player irl but hoping to talk you out of any deal on FM for that sort of money.

I'd say not. That's too much money for one player. There's going to be a few released players, listed etc. Unless you're playing to his strengths and he's going to win you the league which he isn't I'd say otherwise. Infact I've just checked him up on my Rotherham save. I'm in 2021, he's 29, valued is 195k and plays for Tromso. In 93 games for different clubs he's scored 13 goals. His ratings are all below 6.61 apart from one season for Wolves he got 6.82 which is the only season he has assists, a whopping 2 in 24 games. There's a tactic somewhere that will suit King down to the ground due to having beat offside trap but to me he isn't going to be worth it.

There's enough threads on here that'll get you alot better players for better value that will have resale value.

Apologies if that was a bit long winded. I think King is an alright player irl but hoping to talk you out of any deal on FM for that sort of money.

Yup, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. I can hear my common sense screaming at me not to spend all my budget on someone like him but i just needed my thoughts backing up. :lol:

Appreciate the answer, and appreciate you going into your save to see his progress. :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

Player Name: Lucas Romero

Your Team: Marseille

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £30.5m

Offer: £50m straight up, 8.25m over 12 months +20% profit

Transfer/Wage Budget: £21.5m/ 180k spare

Patch: 16.3

Season: start of season 6

Notes: Romero takes 8.75m as sell on fee, and CEC take 10.5m as profit clause :/

He's a definite first teamer, vice captain, and plays a pretty important role for me. Have got a few young guys who are able to come in and replace him. Don't want to say goodbye though

Notes: Romero takes 8.75m as sell on fee, and CEC take 10.5m as profit clause :/

He's a definite first teamer, vice captain, and plays a pretty important role for me. Have got a few young guys who are able to come in and replace him. Don't want to say goodbye though

Don't sell. You'll lose 20mil just as a flat sell. He's too important too you. Young players won't do his job yet.

It depends

Do you need to money to keep the club going?

How long time do he have left of his contract? Is he willing to sign a new one with terms that you are willing to honor?

Do the young guns that are able to come in and replace him need first team football this season at Marseille to fulfill their potential, or would it be better for them to play backup before being thrown to the wolves

etc etc

and never, never never give the selling club a sell on fee, the same goes for the player

Player Name: Eric Dier

Your Team: Tottenham

Player's Value: 36M

Offer: 22M + 68M next 12 month = 90M

Season: 2nd (summer)

Is this too good to turn down?!?!?!

£90m?! For Eric Dier?!!? How bloody desperate are they? :lol:

Tell them you'd personally drive Eric Dier up to Manchester, all wrapped up in a box with ribbons. :brock:

What!? I want a screenshot of that! :eek:.

Sell :lol:.

It depends

Do you need to money to keep the club going?

How long time do he have left of his contract? Is he willing to sign a new one with terms that you are willing to honor?

Do the young guns that are able to come in and replace him need first team football this season at Marseille to fulfill their potential, or would it be better for them to play backup before being thrown to the wolves

etc etc

and never, never never give the selling club a sell on fee, the same goes for the player

Took the advice of the previous answer and rejected, probably would've accepted if it weren't for the sell on fees.. Realised how much I was getting screwed by the sell on fees after ther first season, they never get anything like that now

Any offer where you're getting >50m is almost always worth accepting. For that money, you could buy a very suitable replacement so I'd go for it.

Player Name: Ayoze Perez

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: 33m

Offer: 65m up front

Transfer/Wage Budget: 77m 2.1m p/week

Patch: 16.3.1

Season: July 2018.

Just splashed the cash on Harry Kane as I think he's overall a much better player for the position. Perez did score 26 goals in 33 in the league last year.

Player Name: Ayoze Perez

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: 33m

Offer: 65m up front

Transfer/Wage Budget: 77m 2.1m p/week

Season: July 2018.

Just splashed the cash on Harry Kane as I think he's overall a much better player for the position. Perez did score 26 goals in 33 in the league last year.

Are you seriously asking if you should sell a back up player for £65m???

Just wanted opinions, ended up selling for 75m.

you should put on the black tie tomorrow not the blue one, and eat oaks for breakfast do not - I repeat DO NOT, eat cereals, anything else you want help with?

you should put on the black tie tomorrow not the blue one, and eat oaks for breakfast do not - I repeat DO NOT, eat cereals, anything else you want help with?

Awww bless did someone wake up on the wrong side of then bed? there, there.

Player Name: Matic

Your Team: Chelsea

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: 28.5M

Offer: 20.5M + 5M next 12 months + 6.5 = 32M

Season: 1st

If he's a player that you're trying to offload, then that isn't a bad offer. If he's a vital part of your team and you want to hang on to him, probably not. That said, you can still probably replace him with someone cheaper.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if I should accept this offer for Assane Gnoukouri?

He has been pretty damned good for me as you can see by his stats for the last season. As well the AI controlled seasons beforehand.

There isn't many world class players that I could sign to fill the void for less money so I am really in a dilemma.

Any help is appreciated.

I'd accept it. £65m is an insane amount of money for him. There are plenty of players in this game - you should be able to replace him I would say.

But it also depends: do you ned the money, are you flush for cash? I've had this before with teams making big bids & if I'm happy finaicially, I just reject it. He;s still really young and won't even hit his peak for another 4 years or so - so those could be reasdons why you say no.

Buying: Man United

Player Name: Paul Pogba

Your Team: Man United

Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £56M

Offer: £94M

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer - £140M. Wage - £1.4M p/w available

Season: July 2016

And

Player Name: Javi Martinez

Seller: Bayern Munich

Player's Value: £27.5M

Offer: £33M

Had already posted a seperate threrad in here on it before I saw this post. Basically I'm baulking at the thought of paying almost £100M for a central midfielder who doesn't operate in an AM position. Unless he's getting insane high Avg. Ratings & a decent truck load of goals & assists, I just can't justify that spend - different if he was an AM ir ST. I'm seriously considering taking Martinez instead.

Thoughts? Pogba is obviously a better player than Martinez - no argument. Its the transfer fee & the position he plays on the pitch thats the problem for me.

Player Name: Paul Pogba

Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £56M

Offer: £94M

And

Player Name: Javi Martinez

Seller: Bayern Munich

Player's Value: £27.5M

Offer: £33M

Had already posted a seperate threrad in here on it before I saw this post. Basically I'm baulking at the thought of paying almost £100M for a central midfielder who doesn't operate in an AM position. Unless he's getting insane high Avg. Ratings & a decent truck load of goals & assists, I just can't justify that spend - different if he was an AM ir ST. I'm seriously considering taking Martinez instead.

Thoughts? Pogba is obviously a better player than Martinez - no argument. Its the transfer fee & the position he plays on the pitch thats the problem for me.

Martinez will more than likely be good enough to be a first teamer for Utd, Pogba will be the star of the midfield. That extra bit of quality comes at a cost.

It might be worth putting a fair chunk of fee as a 50 goal clause, maybe 20-30m and see if they'd take that, because it'll take an age for him to reach that many goals.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if I should accept this offer for Assane Gnoukouri?

He has been pretty damned good for me as you can see by his stats for the last season. As well the AI controlled seasons beforehand.

There isn't many world class players that I could sign to fill the void for less money so I am really in a dilemma.

Any help is appreciated.

If your club is financially sorted, I'd reject it. Unless its the whole load of £65m upfront I wouldn't bother. Theres £15m alone depending on him getting 10 international appearances, while that seems little what if he gets a serious injury and never picked for his national team?

Martinez will more than likely be good enough to be a first teamer for Utd, Pogba will be the star of the midfield. That extra bit of quality comes at a cost.

It might be worth putting a fair chunk of fee as a 50 goal clause, maybe 20-30m and see if they'd take that, because it'll take an age for him to reach that many goals.

I went with Martinez. I'd have probably ended up throwing myself off a cliff paying that kind of money for Pogba. No way I can justify it.

Player Name: Emre Can

Your Team: Liverpool

Player's Value: €35m

Offer: €60m

Transfer/Wage Budget: €36m/€150k

Patch: 16.2

Season: First, January transfer window

I don't really want to sell him. I know money is good but I'm not fan of selling whole team and buying FM stars to replace them. Already sold Lallana to Arsenal for €50m on deadline day because he wanted to move to a bigger club. Now she thing with Can, he asked to leave after i declined offer from Bayern.

Player Name: Emre Can

Your Team: Liverpool

Player's Value: €35m

Offer: €60m

Transfer/Wage Budget: €36m/€150k

Patch: 16.2

Season: First, January transfer window

I don't really want to sell him. I know money is good but I'm not fan of selling whole team and buying FM stars to replace them. Already sold Lallana to Arsenal for €50m on deadline day because he wanted to move to a bigger club. Now she thing with Can, he asked to leave after i declined offer from Bayern.

What position are you playing him in, and what players are available at the position, and would the sale of Can be able to finance 2-3 players that would strengthen your team

if you lets say play Can at DC and you are able to bring in Stones and one more player that would get into your starting 11, it would IMO be foolish not to sell him

Buying

Tom Thorpe (DC/DMC/MC) of Rotherham. Age 22

OR

Jorrit Hendrix (DLC/DMC/MC) of PSV. Age 20.

Budget is 5-ish M euros. My club is Celtic.

I am slightly geared towards Hendrix, because he can also do left back. Which of these 2 is better, though?

When do you buy or sell, age wise?

I am Barcelona and just finished the 3rd season. At the end of my first season, I sold Mascherano and Mathieu, bedause they where both 32 and I could still cash for them. My 2nd season started out with less points in La Liga, and I think that was because I lost experience in my team. I now have the follwing players:

Age          Name
34            Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben, Andres Iniesta
33            -
32            Thomas Vermaelen
31            Louis Suarez, Arda Turan, Gerard Pique
30            Lionel Messi, Ivan Rakitic

These ages are at this moment. So in my 4th season that is about to start (3rd ended a few days aga) they will all gather another year.

I do not want to sell Messi or Suarez, because they are too important for me. But what about the others? They are all good players and I think I can cash on them. I alse think they are not as good as they where (Iniesta, Van Persie) or repeatedly unhappy due to little playing time (Robben, Turan, Vermaelen). Suarez, Rakitic, Pique and Messi are first team playes.

How do you decide if you keep using a player out of respect/fanship/necessity and when to sell him, even if it is a player like Iniesta that belongs to the heritage of the club?

Some tips regarding this would be nice! :thup:

When do you buy or sell, age wise?

I am Barcelona and just finished the 3rd season. At the end of my first season, I sold Mascherano and Mathieu, bedause they where both 32 and I could still cash for them. My 2nd season started out with less points in La Liga, and I think that was because I lost experience in my team. I now have the follwing players:

Age          Name
34            Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben, Andres Iniesta
33            -
32            Thomas Vermaelen
31            Louis Suarez, Arda Turan, Gerard Pique
30            Lionel Messi, Ivan Rakitic

These ages are at this moment. So in my 4th season that is about to start (3rd ended a few days aga) they will all gather another year.

I do not want to sell Messi or Suarez, because they are too important for me. But what about the others? They are all good players and I think I can cash on them. I alse think they are not as good as they where (Iniesta, Van Persie) or repeatedly unhappy due to little playing time (Robben, Turan, Vermaelen). Suarez, Rakitic, Pique and Messi are first team playes.

How do you decide if you keep using a player out of respect/fanship/necessity and when to sell him, even if it is a player like Iniesta that belongs to the heritage of the club?

Some tips regarding this would be nice! :thup:

Iniesta been at the club all the while so I guess you can keep him around for sentimental reasons, the first teamers will also obviously stay. So sell the rest (RVP, Robben, Vermaelen, Turan). Its not rocket science :brock:

I'd only keep club legends around if they were products of the academy, or have been a one-club man. For the rest, if a suitably big offer comes in its sayonara.

Player Name: Kingsley Coman

Your Team: Brighton

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: 25M

Offer: 45M All up front

Transfer/Wage Budget: 115M

Season: Summer 2019.

Currently have Diogo Jota and Theo Bongonda on the wings tearing it up both high avg rating of 7.7+, Is Coman worth it?

Buying

Tom Thorpe (DC/DMC/MC) of Rotherham. Age 22

OR

Jorrit Hendrix (DLC/DMC/MC) of PSV. Age 20.

Budget is 5-ish M euros. My club is Celtic.

I am slightly geared towards Hendrix, because he can also do left back. Which of these 2 is better, though?

Hendrix by a mile. Had him on an old Brighton save and played Half back avg about 7.5 for 5-6 seasons in a row. Like you say can also fill in at left back if needed

Think I bought him for around 4m and sold on after 6 years for about 20m+

Player Name: Kingsley Coman

Your Team: Brighton

Player's Value: 25M

Offer: 45M All up front

Transfer/Wage Budget: 115M

Season: Summer 2019.

Currently have Diogo Jota and Theo Bongonda on the wings tearing it up both high avg rating of 7.7+, Is Coman worth it?

Depends how well developed he is, I've seen varying degrees of development from the AI for Coman as some play him and some just let him rot on the bench.

Depends how well developed he is, I've seen varying degrees of development from the AI for Coman as some play him and some just let him rot on the bench.

Without screens of how all 3 of them have develloped over the years. It isn't possible to say. But most likely you will be better of sending that kind of money on some really talented newgens that will progres and be better than either of them. 3 years into the game I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a player that I wasn't 100% sure would take my team to another lvl with impact results

• 3 weeks later...

Player Name: Marco Verratti

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: £27mil

Offer: £52mil + 20% of profit from next sale

Transfer/Wage Budget: £98+mil

Season: end of first season

---------OR------------

Player Name: Leon Goretzka

Buyer/Seller: Giesenkirchen

Player's Value: £12.5mil

Offer: £25mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: 

£98+mil

Season: end of first season

• 3 weeks later...

Player Name: Paulo Dybala

Your Team: Manchester United

Player's Value: £31mil

Offer: £40mil + £60mil over 48 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £80mil + £3.82mil

Season: Pre-Season First Season

I'm looking to buy a prolific goalscorer who has years ahead of him. The reason I'm unsure on this one is because (A.) I have Zlatan Ibrahimovich who fits the mould of prolific goalscorer and is my first choice. (B.) £100mil for a player is a hell of a lot of money. (C.) Will he be worth the money?

It's also worth mentioning that I'll need him to play as a False Nine, is that something he is capable of?

Selling

Julian Draxler

My team: Wolfsburg

Buyers: Gelschirken

Value: £16.5m

Agreed Fee: 23m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 14m/ 1.5m (Transfer Budget will be 34.5m after the sale).

Promised to sell him and he doesn't want to be here. Some teammates may be annoyed that I sold him though.

Season: 17/18

If I do sell him though this is what I plan. 

Buying

James Ward-Prowse

Sellers: Southampton

My team: See above

Season: “ ”

Value: About 13m I think

Agreed Fee: 25m

I probably won't get him as Arsenal are showing interest but should I sign him if he is interested? And, if he isn't, any recommendations?

Been away from FM a while (managed to kick the addiction for 18 months or so after several thousand hours of play time since FM09) but getting back into things with Newcastle.

Selling

Either Sissoko or Anita

To? N/A

Season 4 (coming up to summer 2019)

I'm currently sat in April 19 having just won the title again, so I'm looking at prepping for next season. I play a 4-4-1-1 and think it's probably time one of the two above moved on. Anita has been a solid utility man while Sissoko has been awesome since season 1, while he has been club captain since Colo left in the window before season 2. Not sure what either will sell for really as I think their prices are a little inflated thanks to being title &CL winners a couple of years on the bounce (this year isn't looking likely with my main keeper injured for 4 months and the next best a youngster rated as championship quality, with Real Madrid in the Quarter Finals).

Why am I looking at selling either? Well, I don't think Anita can really cut it at the highest level. He's been treading water as backup and relying on just being used to fill gaps, but I'm at the stage now where I want my youngsters to be doing that. Sissoko plays well, but had a long stint out injured this season so has fallen down my pecking order in the RM slot. I also want to start playing Sasa Nikolic, regen I picked up after season 1 for a couple of million from Red Star Belgrade. After a season getting a work permit he's spent the season partnering Renato Sanchez and Benfica so I think it's time for him to slot into my rotation, probably in the center. If that happens I'll move Ward-Prowse to the right hand side so I don't mind who goes really.

Should I keep the club captain for another season and hope he's happy as a bit part player, or try and get rid of Anita, who is already backup? Money isn't really a problem, it's more about keeping everyone happy and giving the next generation playing time.

Rambling will finish... now.

Player name: Clas André Ueland

My team: AGF (a Danish side)

Buyer: Watford

Player's value: €13,75k

Offer: €850k

Finances: A balance of €8,6870,000

Season: The start of my second season.

I had this bloke come through my youth intake in my first season. He was one of five Norwegian players coming from the same club, which stand to gain 5 percent from the sale of him. Watford came in to bid for him, and I rejected them. This caused my player to become unhappy, and I told him I would accept an offer which matched my evaluation of him, which meant he of course heard me say that I would sell him as soon as an offer came in... Watford have now returned with a bid. I don't really need the money. My finances are very healthy, and I have just qualified for the UEFA Cup group stage. I think Clas André can become an incredible player at my club's level, but I hate to have a disgruntled player in my team. What to do? I value him at around €5M, but I fear no one will make a bid at that level. What kind of offer would you guys try to put together (I imagine I'd be wise to include some future percentages?)?

Archived