FM16: Should I Buy/Sell Thread

Ty

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't decide which of these two to get. Both are showing as the same Potential and there's only about £1m in price difference. I play 1 upfront in a 4-3-3.

Depends what role you're playing. I like Fantoni and I think he'd play better as a lone striker out of the two but you'd need to train his stamina and I can't see Henriques getting the same teamwork, technique etc but you could make Henriques into a nice poacher.

2 options for the left back slot:

Player Name: Luis Miguel Ayala

Team: Independiente del Valle

Expected price (scout report): 200K

OR

Player Name: Ludwig Augustinsson

Team: FC Kobenhavn

Expected price (gauging from scout report): 2.5 million

Both seem to have potential. Unsure on Ayala being able to get a work permit though. Would he get it, anyone knows? He is better at Marking, Tackling and Passing, but Augustinsson has somewhat better mental stats, and is great at Crossing/Free Kicks.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Breel Embolo

Your Team: Leeds

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid / Barcelona

Player's Value: £32m

Offer: £60m

Patch: 16.2.0

Season: January 2019

It's a huge amount of money, but he's very special and only 21. I would need a world class AMC / SS / Backup ST as he currently does all these roles.

Player Name: Éder Álvarez Balanta

Your Team: Crystal Palace

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: 9.75M EUR

Offer: 23M EUR total non-negotiable: 14M upfront, 4.1M over 12 months, 4.9M after 10 international matches, 20% profit next transfer

Transfer/Wage Budget: around 1M EUR left

Patch: 16.2

Season: 16/17

I have Shawcross, J. Evans and Scott Dann in the team + some youngsters with around -9 PA. Also I might loan in some quality CB like Mammana. I could use the money for some upgrades, but I wonder if I should keep him cause he might help in CL.

It's a huge amount of money, but he's very special and only 21. I would need a world class AMC / SS / Backup ST as he currently does all these roles.

Nope because you won't be able to replace him.

Offer: 23M EUR total non-negotiable: 14M upfront, 4.1M over 12 months, 4.9M after 10 international matches, 20% profit next transfer

I have Shawcross, J. Evans and Scott Dann in the team + some youngsters with around -9 PA. Also I might loan in some quality CB like Mammana. I could use the money for some upgrades, but I wonder if I should keep him cause he might help in CL.

Don't think it's a good deal at all, I'd want the money upfront.

I'd politely decline then.

I will probably decline it and hopefully bigger offer will come with around 20M upfront, but now I need to somehow pack those four (Shawcross, Evans, Dann and Balanta) to the squad. All of them have similar rating so I have no idea.

Thanks for your insight.

I would for £60,000,000.

Unless you have another CB in mind that is better and/or cheaper, I'd keep him.

Selling

Angel Correa

My team Blackburn Rovers

Buyer: Bayern Munich

Value : 36 million

Offer: 70 million

Season 2020

This guy has been briiliant for me and has just become a star premier league player. Thing is 70 million is a lot of money. At the stage im at i want to be buying marque players so i can push for european glory. Should i keep him as he is one of my leading players or is 70 million a good price?

Selling

Angel Correa

My team Blackburn Rovers

Buyer: Bayern Munich

Value : 36 million

Offer: 70 million

Season 2020

This guy has been briiliant for me and has just become a star premier league player. Thing is 70 million is a lot of money. At the stage im at i want to be buying marque players so i can push for european glory. Should i keep him as he is one of my leading players or is 70 million a good price?

I actually scouted this guy last night as he's flying high on my Portsmouth save but I'd take 70million without a shadow of a doubt. Take it and run!

thanks and sold! on your head be it!

I'll let it be :cool:.

Check where Marco Asensio, Andrija Balic, Marc Stendera, Bernado Silva, Lincoln(Gremio), Rafinha and Moreto Cassama are - they could be your replacement :D.

Heck with the money you have check where Embolo is :).

thanks and sold! on your head be it!

I have eyed up Blackburn but their debt and modest talent levels have scared me away. Not the right place for it but would be curious to read an update of your save.

But I do agree with SpillBlood - that's really good money for a really good player. Very few players in the game are actually irreplaceable. Yeah, big clubs hoard the young talent and may snipe some guys you want, but that can also pay off later if they don't play, get unhappy, and get TL'd. Its just a matter of putting in the time to scout around effectively. If you've built a good scouting network, you may already have some good options like SB listed. And it never hurts to take a Southampton approach and ear-mark potential replacements before you ever sell the player you currently have.

Player Name: Wilfried Zaha

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: 35M EUR

Offer: 47M EUR total: 40.5M upfront, 6.5M over 12 months, 20% next transfer profit

Transfer/Wage Budget: None

He had superb season + he is a HG.. but it's a lot of money...

Offer: 47M EUR total: 40.5M upfront, 6.5M over 12 months, 20% next transfer profit

God yes.

Any replacements? I thought about bringing in Vitolo (25M transfer clause) + Mertens. I have Bolasie and Carrasco already.

EDIT: Alvaro Morata is transfer listed, but 68M EUR is requested. I would bring him in and move Embolo to the right. What do you think?

Yes! I mean if you need HG you could easily replace him with Nathan Redmond.

Any replacements? I thought about bringing in Vitolo (25M transfer clause) + Mertens. I have Bolasie and Carrasco already.

EDIT: Alvaro Morata is transfer listed, but 68M EUR is requested. I would bring him in and move Embolo to the right. What do you think?

I'd say that's a bit expensive.

I mean upfront you could try bring in Andre Silva, Rui Pedro, Jonathan Calleri, Manolo Gabbiadini, Luciano Vietto, Timo Werner, Richairo Zivkovic, Luan(depends where he's moved) and heck you'd probably get Harry Kane for cheaper.

On the right you could bring in Nathan Redmond, Lucas Ocampos, Domenico Berardi, Quincy Promes, Gabriel Barbosa(depends where he's moved) etc.

Morata is a good but not that sort of money.

Buying/Selling: Selling.

Player Name: Romelu Lukaku.

Your Team: West Ham

Buyer/Seller: Manchester City.

Player's Value: £37,000,000.

Offer: £64,000,000.

Patch: Latest.

Season: January 2019.

Bid made.

Lukaku's attributes.

It's only an initial bid so I can probably squeeze a few more pound out of them, just wondering if this would be too good to turn down. He scored 32 goals for me in the league last season, and is good for 18 in 17 appearances so far in the league this season. I've got a young striker that isn't ready yet, and Depay can play up front as I have depth on the wider forward places.

Player Name: theo Walcott

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: 47.5 mil

Offer: 90 mil up front

Transfer/Wage Budget: 120 mil

Patch: x

Season: end first season

Sell. Offering nearly double his value and Theo would be 27 turning 28. Won't have too many more seasons with him, and with that injury proneness rating.

Player Name: theo Walcott

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: 47.5 mil

Offer: 90 mil up front

Transfer/Wage Budget: 120 mil

Patch: x

Season: end first season

Like DavidPengilley said, sell. You could buy almost anyone to replace him and still have cash to burn.

If Man City offered Arsenal £90,000,000 up front for Walcott in real life, they'd be chomping their hands off. Absolute no-brainer :)

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: David De Gea

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: 22.5m

Offer: 22.5m upfront + 44m over 48 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: 43 mil

Patch: 14.2

Season: Apr 2018

Cech is starting to get on a bit and De Gea looks like the best GK in the world. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Have you had a look at whether Scuffet, Donnarumma, Dragowski or Alex Meret are available?

Probably couldn't justify spending £66,500,000 on a goalkeeper, no matter how good he is.

Predrag Rajkovic, Geronimo Rulli, Jack Butland, Jan Oblak, Bernd Leno, Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Timo Horn too name a few more.

100% no. Way too much money on a goalkeeper.

Donnarumma would be 36m, Oblek 17.5m, so I'm leaning towards Oblek. Having said that, GK is the only position I need any investment so I may as well spend all my money there...

Oblek would be a steal for that. Donn has huge potential, he has potiential to be better than Rajkovic on my save who's brilliant. Milan don't seem to help him get to it though :(.

Player Name: Diego Costa

Your Team: Chelsea

Buyer/Seller:Man City

Player's Value: €49m

Offer: €75m -

Transfer/Wage Budget: €50m/1.05 mill left to spend.

Patch: Latest

Background: took over Chelsea midway through first season when JM got the boot. The style of play is not suited for DC and he is very inconsistent - bagging 12 goals in 33 matches. Roman kinda killed the party when he gave me "only" 50m to rebuild the team, when I need to buy some very good defenders etc.

I also received an offer of 77 million for Matic - who'll turn 28 this season. He's exceptionally good, but I can't turn down that? Who would you buy to replace him? I can't find any standout DMs right now.

Background: took over Chelsea midway through first season when JM got the boot. The style of play is not suited for DC and he is very inconsistent - bagging 12 goals in 33 matches. Roman kinda killed the party when he gave me "only" 50m to rebuild the team, when I need to buy some very good defenders etc.

I also received an offer of 77 million for Matic - who'll turn 28 this season. He's exceptionally good, but I can't turn down that? Who would you buy to replace him? I can't find any standout DMs right now.

Pack Costa off, and Matic can follow him too. Thats over 150m for you replace them, actually to hell with that, with 150m I could revamp the entire squad:lol:

For replacement DMs since you have shedload of cash once you sell those 2, look at the usual suspects of Lucas Romero, Blaise Matuidi, or if you want a purely defensive minded one Lars Bender (or his slightly inferior twin Sven) are both excellent as Anchor Mans.

Yup no brainer for me there, that's a lot of cash and you will find replacements who fit the bill. Bender is a great option if he's reasonably priced who will be a good first team player while you continue to scout out young options

Dilemma time...

Player Name: Alex Oxlade Chamberlain

Buyer/Seller:PSG

Player's Value: £33m

Offer: £69m -

ash upfront

Transfer/Wage Budget: £69m left plus this money

Season: 2020

He's just got into the world team of the year and has been outstanding. Can't really find anyone to replace him, Madrid want £90m for Odegaard and City want £100m+ for Sterling.

£69m is an awful lot of money.

He's one of, if not the best English winger in my save. It really is a dilemma.

I wouldn't purely because you don't need the money and he should only be 25/26 which means he's entering his prime.

Yer, I wouldn't. Maybe look to see how Ibe has developed.

He's been magnificent.

Ibe is on the transfer list for a measly £12m, but has hardly played any football and his lack of determination, concentration and bravery put me off.

I think you're right, I'm going to reject it.

Dilemma time...

ash upfront

He's just got into the world team of the year and has been outstanding. Can't really find anyone to replace him, Madrid want £90m for Odegaard and City want £100m+ for Sterling.

WHat about Embolo, Vela, Luan, Ocampos, Gerson? If you can't get any of them cheaper, then I wouldn't sell... You don't really need money, so if you can't make enough profit after getting a replacement, then stick with Ox.

Dilemma time...

ash upfront

No, you couldn't replace him. Only Redmond could come close and he still isn't Ox.

Already got Embolo, he plays AMC.

Vela I won't touch as his teamwork and work rate are non existent, Luan is no cheaper. Gerson lacks determination.

Ocampos is the only one I'd consider...

I'm sticking with Ox.

Well, Embolo works wonders on MR/AMR with Martial infront. You could also check Lincoln from Gremio to play AMC and move Embolo. But yeh it might be too much efford. Better stick with Ox :)

Well... My turn.

Player Name: Andre Gomes

Buyer/Seller: Valencia

Player's Value: 16.75M EUR

Offer: 50M EUR total: 22.5M upfront, 18M over 48 months, 4.8M after 50 league apps, 4.8M after 10 league goals

Transfer/Wage Budget: 49M EUR

Season: 2016/17 January window.

Background: Money is not a problem. I loaned Wilshere in pre-season but he is injury prone and been out for 3 months and managed to play only 5 matches, so I would get rid of him and get offensive minded midfielder, but 50M is a lot. I coudl get Pastore for 37M EUR cause he is transfer listed. Do you think I should go for it or rather check someone else?

Player Name: Jan Oblak

Your Team: Cardiff City

Buyer/Seller: At. Madrid

Player's Value: £4.2mil

Offer: £10-15mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: £150m

Season: Summer 2017.

OR

Player Name: Asmir Begovic

Your Team: Cardiff City

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £11.5mil

Offer: £6mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: £150m

Season: Summer 2017.

I finished 3rd with Cardiff in my second season after winning promotion. I currently have Begovic on loan, as well as Valdes, Alisson and david Marshall. Valdes and Marshall are leaving, but I also have Dragowski as a youngster. Begovic has done well whilst on loan.

Who do I go for? I do I trust Alisson as my number 1 heading into CL?

Archived