The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Pug's Update Season 2025-26

4Am3MYJ.png

So after winning what I needed with AC Milan I applied for and got the managers job at Newcastle. Contract OfferJobExpectationsTitle OddsTransfers .

So with a active transfer we didn't get off to the best of start's, with a 0-1 loss in the Community Shield. Result . Also a 1-3 hammering by Everton.

Then we went on a run of winning the next 7 games before we got beat by Chelsea. Over all we won 32 drew 2 and lost 4 games to win the league by 18 points above Man Utd. Results 1Results 2Table . In the League Cup we made in to the final, with some good wins over Liverpool and Arsenal with a Extra-time win

over Man City. League Cup Results . In the FA Cup again we made it to the final but this time Tottenham beat us 3-5. FA Cup Results .

In the Champions League again we made it to the final to face Tottenham again, but this time I got revenge with a 9-4 win. Job HistoryEnd Of Season Awards .

VGmXgx2.png

With Australia and the Con-fed cup we were drawn in a group with Holland Brazil and USA. I surprised myself by beating USA and Holland, to win the group

by goal difference over Holland. Con-Fed Group . In the Semis we played Mexico and a 2-1 extra time defeat. In the 3rd place play-off was a 4-1 win against

France. Results . The World Cup Qualifiers final stage was 5 nice easy wins, with me giving a chance with a few youths. Results .

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                       -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Soihull Moors       Won                                                     Won Vanarama League
2018/19    Mthatha Bucks       Won                 Won                                 Won ABSA Premiership/Telkom
2019/20    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won                                 Won All Domestic Trophies
2020/21    Kaizer Chiefs                                  Won                          Left After Champions League Win 
2021/22    Puebla              Won            Won                                      Won Cup And League                  
2022/23    Puebla              Won  Won                   Won                          Won Apertura/Clausura/Champ League  
2022/23    Pohang Steelers     Won                                                     Won The League
2023/24    Pohang Steelers     Won            Won         Won                          Won The Treble
2023/24    AC Milan
2024/25    AC Milan            Won            Won                                      Won The Double
2025/26    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won    Won                          Won The Treble
2026/27    Newcastle Utd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                   INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                   --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                         World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2020/21   Nigeria
2021/22   Nigeria                                                    Won
2021/22   Chile                                                                                       Sacked After 4 Games
2022/23   Australia
  Challenge Progress.
  -------------------

Club
----
5/10 Top Domestic Leagues(South Africa-Mexico-South Korea-Italy-England)
5/10 Top Domestic Cups   (South Africa-Mexico-South Korea-Italy-England)
4/5  Continental Cups    (Kaizer Chiefs-Puebla-Pohang-Newcastle Utd)
0/1  Club World Cup      ()

International
-------------
1/5  Continental Tournaments (Nigeria/ACON)
0/2  World Tournaments       ()

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2025/26 - Kaizer Chiefs

93bvH8P.png

Took a couple of months and a few failed applications at American clubs along the way (Sao Paulo ignored me altogether, Tigres at least offered an interview), but I finally found a job where I most wanted it: South Africa. And it happened to be with the arguably most reputable team in the country and the continent, Kaizer Chiefs! Of course that comes with the pressure of high expectations. Like, the win-'em-all-or-else kind of expectations. Sheesh. At least they only want me to reach the final of the Champions League...

Competitions -- Fixtures

I joined in March, so I only had two months of actual season to work with. The team was first in the league, but it was a fake position since basically everyone else in the title fight had several games in hand over us. In the end our performance wasn't good enough to make up for that, even though we only lost one league game, and we finished in a very disappointing 3rd position, out of the next Champions League. Which means I'll really have to win it on my first go, since otherwise I'd have to wait two seasons and a half for another shot at it. No pressure...

The Nedbank Cup was the biggest disappointment, though, with all the big teams out of it we went out to Platinum Stars in quarter finals in injury time, although to be fair we didn't deserve any better. At least we're doing fine in the Champions League, and we've topped the group with ease (not pictured in the Competitions screen above) despite having to play half of it with the team in preseason mode and with three of our best players in the World Cup. ES Sahel await in the quarter finals come September.

Thankfully, the board didn't feel like I was guilty of this season's failures, so I get to try again. Actually I was on the verge of being sacked for a week or two, but for a different reason: former chairman retired and sold the club barely two months after my arrival, and the new board wanted to install their own manager. Thankfully they thought better of it, but I'm sure I'll be on a short leash starting now. Crossing fingers.

Roster

One of the main reasons for our poor performance so far has been the horrid lack of balance in the squad. When I arrived I found we had two full backs and three center backs total, and one of the center backs was injured and another was retiring in three months. I had to recall a loanee right back just to have enough bodies to field an actual line of four at the back regularly. There's also only one real defensive midfielder (the rest can play DM but can't tackle worth a damn), and on the other end we have like a million right wingers and attacking midfielders between first teamers and reserves/loanees. Some serious transfer activity is to be expected next summer.

From the current squad, the stand-out names are probably three youngsters who've been playing quite well so far. Number one is left winger Nkosinath Tshabalala, who's been our most consistent performer in our attacking line since I arrived, and who's also been picked as the Young Player of the Year. Second is Sibusiso Mkhatshwa, aka That Forward With The Unpronounceable Name. Scored lots last season, although he faded away suspiciously as soon as I arrived. Might not fit my tactics, dunno. Hopefully he'll stay with us and start doing what he was doing before I arrived. Lastly, goalkeeper Themba Teyise has made a good job as our starter, but he's very likely to leave for Europe next transfer window, since there's big clubs like Monaco tailing him.

As for Nigeria and the 2026 World Cup, I'll be detailing that in an upcoming standalone update, since now club seasons and natural years don't line up with each other. And also because vike-style international tournament reports are fun. :D

Season   Team                         League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    World         Other                Notes
=====================================================================================================================================================================================
2018     Selangor                     2nd                  3rd round      Group Stg.    N/A            N/A           N/A                  Joined in the offseason. National C license.
2019     Selangor                     1st                  Winners        Winners       East Playoff   N/A           N/A                  Domestic treble! Manager of the Year. National B and A licenses.
2020/21  Melbourne City               1st/Winners          2nd round      N/A           Group Stage    N/A           N/A                  Joined in the offseason. Manager of the Year. Continental C and B licenses.
2021     Changchun                    7th                  QF             N/A           N/A            N/A           N/A                  Joined in July, 7th, 11 games remaining.
2022     Changchun                    4th                  Winners        N/A           N/A            N/A           N/A                  Continental A license. Qualified to ACL through cup win.
2023     Changchun                    3rd                  Winners        N/A           Group Stage    N/A           Super Cup Winners    Continental Pro license. Entered Asian HoF.
2024     Changchun                    ---                  ---            N/A           Group Stage    N/A           Super Cup Winners    Left in June for Hebei with the team 3rd in the league.
         Hebei CFFC                   2nd                  Winners        N/A           N/A            N/A           N/A                  Joined with team 15th, expected top half.
2025     Hebei CFFC                   2nd                  Finalists      N/A           Winners        3rd           Super Cup Winners    ACL champions!
2025/26  Kaizer Chiefs                3rd                  QF             N/A           In progress    N/A           N/A                  Joined in March.

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (Liga Super Malaysia 2019, Hyundai A-League 2020/21)
2/10 domestic cups (Piala FA (Malaysia) 2019, Chinese FA Cup 2022-2023-2024)
1/5 club continental championships (Asian Champions League 2025)
0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

Other titles

Piala Malaysia (2019)
Chinese FA Super Cup (2023-2024-2025)

Edited by Dalbeider

2017/18 - Thanda Royal Zulu FC

image.thumb.png.504f80be6446be1d5265c4090a23ea13.png

After leaving Braga B, I hung out for a while applying to any and every job and got offered a bunch in India, but South Africa came calling and it was a team with a higher rep and I figured would give me a better chance of clearing the challenge faster than plugging away in India. So off I went!

When I got there, the team barely had 11 players - I think there were like, 9 or something? Which was nice for me because i basically just ran riot in the transfer market looking for all the positions and the depth I needed, with loans and everything. Which also meant that I got some pretty good deals on players who turned out to be pretty good, or at least according to my coaches. I had a good feeling about it because the season preview had me tipped to win the league (also my expectation), and that I was really competitive in the friendlies, which were against teams in the Premier League.

Had what I thought was an okay start to the season, but everyone around me was floundering so very quickly rushed to the top of the table and never left. I don't know if it's because I'm too used to playing FM in the EPL, but the teams really just kept losing when winning would've kept the pressure up on me. Ended up winning the title with 5 games to spare.

Meanwhile, was in the South African FA Cup? Which I don't think counts for this challenge but anyway, got some really, really good luck with the draws, either getting smaller rep teams (some not even playable) in the first three rounds, and then got the higher rep teams in QF and SF but with home advantage. Beat Ajax CT 2-1 in extra time, then (then) bottom-placed Chippa Utd in the SFs to face Orlando Pirates in the finals. Defence pulled off absolute heroics to keep the ball from going in the net (all 4 defenders got ratings of 7.0 or higher), and then clawed back from 2 down in the penalty shoot-out to win 6-5 and win the trophy! Also means we qualified for the African Confederations Cup, which isn't the African Champions League so doesn't count but...we could use the cash.

So it was a really good season, but I imagine the Premier Division isn't going to be nearly as straightforward. Might have to jump ship to Kaizer Chiefs or something if the job opens up if I'm gonna win it and move on with the challenge. On the bright side, I'm now up to the Continental C badge, so the added boost to the reputation has helped. I think. I don't know if getting your badges helps your reputation but it certainly seems so. 

Season   Team                     League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    World         Other                Notes
=================================================================================================================================================================================
2017     Braga B .                4th                  N/A .          N/A .         N/A            N/A           N/A                  Joined in December 2016. National C license.
2017/18  Thanda Royal Zulu FC     1st (NFL)            Won (SA Cup) . N/A           N/A .          N/A .         N/A .                Joined July 2017. National B license, National A license, Continental C license.

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues 
1/10 domestic cups (SA Cup - Royal Thanda Zulu FC)
0/5 club continental championships 

International

0/5 continental tournaments 
0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by womble248

48 minutes ago, Dalbeider said:

@womble248 The South African FA Cup/Nedbank Cup totally counts for the challenge, so congrats on your first trophy! According to the rules, cups count as long as all the top tier teams take part in it.

Oh brilliant. Thought it had to be the top cup or something. Have updated accordingly. Thanks mate :)

Having a go at this on this version.  Never tried it before.

Suspect I will give up early though - awful at the game, and constantly starting again due to being so indecisive, but we will see....

Seems ok.  Have just applied for all jobs (75) and been offered 12 interviews and some clubs haven't come back to me yet.

Frustrated at not getting an interview for the single job available in South Africa though!

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

Seems ok.  Have just applied for all jobs (75) and been offered 12 interviews and some clubs haven't come back to me yet.

Frustrated at not getting an interview for the single job available in South Africa though!

I think getting as good a first job as possible is important, even if you need to wait. Was the club in the S African top division? 

2026 - Nigeria (World Cup report)

G4Mp22e.png

2026 was a seriously busy year for Nigeria, all things considered. The World Cup in summer was the obvious standout, but before that we had to deal with the African Nations Championship, aka The Annoying Cup That Doesn't Really Count For Anything. Thankfully we had a decent bunch of Nigeria-based players to use, and despite some hiccups along the way, we did well enough to please the FA: 3rd place, and only a 1-0 extra time defeat to Guinea in the semis kept us from facing eventual champions Senegal in the final. Not a bad warmup.

But the Big Thing (TM) was the 2026 World Cup, to be held in Canada of all places. As mentioned earlier, we'd been handed a relatively easy group with the hosts, Poland, and Uruguay. All but Canada were higher in ranking than us, but eh, rankings are lies anyways. I was hopeful of getting past the group stage, probably second behind Uruguay, and then cross fingers for a decent match up in the second round.

Squad

We have a quite strong squad with few weak points. Our forward line stands out in particular, with the likes of Iheanacho, Efebo, and Onyekuru coming in great form. Wilfred Ndidi is our all-terrain midfielder who can also make a very passable central defender, while Yusuf Aliyu will do his best to keep our sheets clean. We don't have too many youngsters, but the average age is still well below 30, so this team should be able to remain mostly unchanged for the next couple of major competitions.

Group stage

Spoiler
  • Nigeria 3-3 Uruguay: a crazy match to begin with. We were on top most of the game, but two lapses of concentration at the start of each half put us 3-1 down. Iheanacho's brace and an own goal by Uruguay in injury time gave us a point we probably deserved.
  • Nigeria 2-0 Poland: a much calmer affair. We took the early lead this time (Iheanacho again), doubled it after half time (Iheanacho again), then proceeded to put the game to sleep. A key win.
  • Nigeria 2-0 Canada: ...and then Iwobi got himself sent off five minutes into what was supposed to be the easiest match of the group stage. Sigh. Still managed to take the lead soon after in a corner kick, but then Taiwo decided 10 vs. 11 was too easy and got another red. Nineteen minutes in. Siiiiiigh. We still managed to survive until the Canadians returned the favor via double yellow to one of their midfielders. We kept holding on, and in the last minute got gifted a penalty kick for the final 2-0. What madness.

Top of the group thanks to Uruguay's draw with Poland. Austria next.

Second round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Nigeria 1(2)-1(1) Austria: terrible finishing on both sides throughout the match. We scored early thanks to an own goal, and Austria pulled level 11 minutes before full time. Extra time only brought more missed chances, so penalties it was. And true to form, both teams missed their first two attempts. We scored the next two, Aliyu stopped Lazaro's fourth for Austria, and Onyekuru missed the chance to seal the deal, because of course. Thankfully Aliyu did it again in Austria's fifth and we were in the quarterfinals just the same. Too much drama.

Good news: we're through. Bad news: Iheanacho is probably out for the tournament with a pulled hamstring. In any case, time to finally face the big guys: Belgium next, after they squeaked past Venezuela. In other second round news, Spain is out after losing to Germany, France beat Croatia 6-1 in extra time, current champions England (haha) fell to Argentina on penalties, and Ukraine shocked Brazil.

Quarterfinals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Nigeria 0-1 Belgium: they were without De Bruyne due to injury, and for most of the first half it looked like that'd be enough to keep them at bay. No such luck, and we went 0-1 down only two minutes before the break. We pushed them back during all the second half, but couldn't find the goal in the end. Close but no cigar.

Oh well, can't complain. We did ourselves proud and anything further would've required some of the luck we spent against Uruguay and Austria. Semifinals: Belgium-France and Portugal-Italy. No surprises this round.

Semifinals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Nope. France destroys Belgium 5-1 and Italy beats Portugal 2-0.

3rd place playoff/Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Nada. Portugal got third place (1-0 in extra time), and Italy stole the World Cup from the favorites France in extra time for a 2-3 win.

After the tournament + challenge progress

Spoiler

Obviously the FA were delighted, and so was I. That means that I'll be in Ivory Coast with Nigeria one year from now trying to lift the African Cup of Nations. And seeing how the other African teams did in this World Cup (all out in the group stage, only South Africa managed a win), we can be confident in our chances. We were selected as the overachievers of the tournament, too.

Nigeria fixtures

Season   Nation                       Continental           World              Final ranking    Notes
======================================================================================================================================================================
2023     Japan/Cameroon               N/A                   N/A                74th/27th        Qualified for ANC.
2024     Cameroon                     QF                    N/A                32nd             Qualified for ACoN.
2025     Cameroon                     QF                    N/A                41st             Sacked after ACoN.
         Nigeria                      N/A                   N/A                26th             Joined after ACoN. Qualified for ANC and WC.
2026     Nigeria                      3rd                   QF                 21st             Qualified for ACoN.

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (Liga Super Malaysia 2019, Hyundai A-League 2020/21)
2/10 domestic cups (Piala FA (Malaysia) 2019, Chinese FA Cup 2022-2023-2024)
1/5 club continental championships (Asian Champions League 2025)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Other titles

Piala Malaysia (2019)
Chinese FA Super Cup (2023-2024-2025)

10 minutes ago, fmgrandtourer said:

So it turns out it's a lot harder this year to get a job! All Asian leagues loaded and a few others and after many interviews over 18 months I've not had a single job offer!

I got a job in the 2nd tier of the Chinese league after about 7 months of game time.  Seems similar to last year from my perspective.

2 minutes ago, fmgrandtourer said:

Maybe it was just my interview technique

I usually stick to what they want to hear.  Particularly if they have any philosophies they like.  The club I took over had just been relegated from the Super League and didn't have any so was a bit fortunate there.

And also say the budget's are fine and no changes needed...try to come across as not making wholesale changes and such.

Edited by blackdevil

2018/19 - Thanda Royal Zulu FC

image.thumb.png.504f80be6446be1d5265c4090a23ea13.png

Having now been promoted to the Premiership, I set about re-organising my squad to be competitive in the league. I didn't think I'd get much out of the season - figured I'd end up somewhere around mid-table and slowly push for more.

How wrong I was. I got lucky with a lot of decent unhappy players in other clubs - goalkeepers not getting enough playing time, midfielders who needed exposure or also weren't getting enough playing time and so brought in a few really good players on loan. Also arranged to sign a lot of people when their contracts expired, the star in particular being Keagan Buchanan, who scored more than 25 goals for me all season in all competitions. In addition, Kaizer Chiefs had an absolutely dreadful start, which meant that they had a lot of catching up too - too much, as it turned out. As the season drew to a close it was a race between myself and Sundowns, who were doing really well and at one stage had a 3 point lead with a game in hand. 

Except that they bottled it. Slowly as it progressed somehow, despite drawing a few games and losing one or two as my squad got stretched completely thin by the African Confederations Cup (from last year's SA Cup win) and the SA Cup, Sundowns did even worse. The deciding game was Sundowns playing away at Kaizer Chiefs (funnily enough), needing to win to take the fight to my next match where a draw would've done it. They went 1-0 down, pulled it back to 1-1 but on 82 minutes conceded a second to also concede what I thought (and so did the media) was an incredibly unlikely prospect. So I've now won my first league of the challenge!

Cup-wise was also another miracle. The SA Knock Out cup saw me face Sundowns away in the first round, immediately after getting smashed 3-0 in the league by them. Yet somehow, with a slight change in tactic, we went there and whacked them 4-1. Quarter-final was against the Premiership's whipping boys Jomo Cosmos, who we beat 5-3 in a game of epic proportions. Semi-final was a 5-0 thrashing of Milano United (again, no idea how that happened but I was definitely not complaining), before strolling to a 3-0 win in the final to win another domestic cup.

As for the SA Cup, I'm renaming this the extra-time cup for me. First round was a breeze against some Regional League team, but every game from then on pushed me to extra time. Stellenbosch were my big bogey team last year, and this year we went 2-0 up before bottling that, and then scoring a third in extra time. Moved on to the QFs, drawn against Bloem Celtic, once again throwing away a 2-0 lead and having to win 3-2 in extra time. SFs saw us face Kaizer Chiefs away, in the midst of difficult league fixtures, and qualifying rounds for the African Confederations Cup. This one went much differently - we went 1-0 down, pulled it back to 1-1, then conceded in the 80th minute to drop to 2-1 and then equalised in the 82nd to pull it to 2-2 and extra time. Then we scored to win 3-2 (again) to make it to my second consecutive final. 

The final was even more insane. We conceded in the 2nd minute and were getting positively dominated at that point. Managed to equalise in the 22nd minute, but then lost my captain and best defender to injury in the 28th minute. As the match bumbled on I lost my vice-captain to a "bruised head" in the 68th minute, and had my right back exhausted to below 50% before the 70th minute so pulled him off as well. Just as I was contemplating pushing forward, I then lost the substitute midfielder to injury, leaving me down to 10 men with 5 minutes to go. I figured I didn't have anything to lose so didn't really change much except putting up a Counter mentality and having one of my 2 remaining midfielders go box-to-box and hoped for penalties.

Somehow, against the run of play, my brilliant striker Puleng Tiolane scores in the 102nd minute, and from there we just about hang on to take the cup. I still don't know how that happened.

So yeah, rather unexpectedly, I've won the treble this season and actually managed to pull my club's finances out of the red! Which also means I've actually got a transfer budget now (which is decently sized, I might add) and a slightly bigger wage budget, which should help with strengthening. Especially because that final took out two of my best players and I've got to go and play the Confederations Cup group stage without them for the time being. 

By the way, I am completely confused by the African Continental Competitions. Why am I playing the group stage in June??!?!?!

Also, looking for an opinion - given Kaizer Chiefs' rotten season, manager Zico inevitably got the sack. The job might open up - interim manager at the moment - should I jump ship to their (comparatively) riches, or stick with Thanda and build the team to hopefully win the African Champions League at some point or when a better team comes along? 

On a side note, I'm now also the manager of Ivory Coast. To add to my wonderful luck, we're hosting the next African Cup of Nations, so I don't even need to bother with qualifying! 

Although now I've said it, I bet I'm getting sacked next season...

Season   Team                     League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    World         Other                Notes
=================================================================================================================================================================================
2017     Braga B .                4th                  N/A .          N/A .         N/A            N/A           N/A                  Joined in December 2016. National C license.
2017/18  Thanda Royal Zulu FC     1st (NFL)            Won (SA Cup) . N/A           N/A .          N/A .         N/A .                Joined July 2017. National B license, National A license, Continental C license.
2018/19  Thanda Royal Zuliu FC    1st                  Won (SA KO)    Won (SA Cup)  In progress .  N/A           N/A                  Continental B License
2018/19  Ivory Coast .            N/A                  N/A            N/A           N/A            N/A           N/A .                Played only one game. 

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (SA Premiership - Royal Thanda Zulu FC)
1/10 domestic cups (SA Cup - Royal Thanda Zulu FC)
0/5 club continental championships 

International

0/5 continental tournaments 
0/2 world tournaments 

Others

SA KO Cup - Royal Thanda Zulu FC

I'm pretty keen to give this challenge another go on FM19. I've been trying to do a dafuge challenge this year but haven't been able to play as much, definitely been missing this challenge. Hopefully I can wrap that one up soonish and get going on this one! Last time I started during the FM17 beta and finished about a month before the beta for FM18 came out so hopefully i'll get on it soon.

2018 Season - FC Borneo - Indonesian Division One

4 months, 22 games, 6 wins! We started in the bottom 4 and unfortunately we were dreadful and relegation was confirmed in the final match!

fm_2018-10-26_14-23-07.png.ab19de2bc27686918d3910210b72a045.png

fm_2018-10-26_14-23-14.thumb.png.039c8613a6ad5d7551aac7f62837d172.png

Not the best start to the save but hey we can rebuild for next season can't we?

Errrrr maybe not!

fm_2018-10-26_14-23-48.png.77e32bfddc61caed33fd419e0a78d7ce.png

Sacked after 4 months, guess it's time for a new job hunt!

In some good news however the board has agreed for my first coaching badge to be learnt around 2 months before getting the boot!

fm_2018-10-25_20-41-11.thumb.png.5b905850a93e0f027faf3cb80ef5fd70.png

Oh dear!!!! 

4 hours ago, fmgrandtourer said:

Sacked after 4 months

Oh dear, that didn't go so well.  Hopefully you'll finish off the coaching badge whilst un-employed which would be helpful....hopefully.

I've been distracted by Counter Strike so not played for a few days and now I've been enticed by Red Dead Redemption 2 so might be a while before I finish my first season in China.

Edited by blackdevil

2 minutes ago, blackdevil said:

Oh dear, that didn't go so well.  Hopefully you'll finish off the coaching badge whilst un-employed which would be helpful....hopefully.

I've been distracted by Counter Strike so not played for a few days and now I've been enticed by Red Dead Redemption 2 so might be a while before I finish my first season in China.

Luckily I've continued studying it! Getting a few interviews and job offers, just delaying until I see if any better jobs come up!

December 2018 - New Job

Well it hasn't taken too long, 5 weeks to be exact and I have an offer. It's actually not a bad one either!

Welcome to Singapore and welcome to Tampines

Image result for tampines fc

They ended the 2018 season 3rd in the Top division of Singapore which means because Niigata Unicorn ended 2nd and cannot play in Continental Comps we get a spot in the Asian Confederations Cup!

fm_2018-10-26_18-55-52.thumb.png.2a7f354ac679513e9199404af92941e5.png

Fingers crossed this job goes better than the last one!

Edited by fmgrandtourer

So I loaded up my old FM18 dafuge save and was greeted with a 5-2 thrashing immediately so i've decided to give up on that one and transition to FM19 and back to this challenge! I'm going to set a few rules for myself to make it different to my first completion which are: no managing of the same clubs as last time (although for a few international teams this may be unavoidable as I think I had a stint managing every country in Africa at least once) and no starting the same way as last time which was in South Africa. I have loaded up leagues in all countries in South America and a smattering of countries across Europe that could be interesting, I would love to try to start in South America if it's possible, especially as I managed to complete the challenge last time without ever setting foot on the continent (club-wise that is, I managed Brazil for quite a while). My goal is to finish faster than my last attempt which was in the year 2063 if possible while managing an entirely different set of clubs.

Manager profile:

xxq6iRd.png

I will update when I find a club job!

5250445.png.44cd817523dc470fa49c6d25949f7101.png

Curico Unido 2018

Manager Profile

406978225_Crowy_MyProfileProfile-2.thumb.png.5ede5940af7415b3f798ccf5c46d98f5.png

League Table

305238451_CampeonatoNacional_OverviewStages.thumb.png.ce92b3ba7a1365eb071af10a852d2c01.png

I'm excited to be starting at this team, my first team is a team in the top tier of Chile that's set to be relegated. It should give me a good chance of promotion in my first season, I've never started as a team set to get relegated and I've also never managed in Chile so I'm looking forward to starting here. They also have 39 players and I like a squad of around 25ish so I should be able to re build the squad to the way I want.

Edited by Crowy

I'm going to be starting this challenge right now. As I'm over 20 in real life, I'd like to introduce you to my randomly generated manager, Gerda Albrektsson.

763633756_GerdaAlbrektsson_MyProfileProfile.thumb.png.12710b13c8b0126813baed5b1440a33c.png

I've decided to start in Malaysia (no idea why). Wish me (or should I say Gerda) luck!

Edit: It didn't take long to get a job... As of December 31st 2017, Gerda Albrektsson is manager of Kelantan in the Malaysian Super League.

Edited by viney

Glad to see this thread is alive and well!

I’m still going on my game, but real life has made it slow going. Domestically I’m not too far from finishing, but internationally it’s going to take a bit longer. I’m not buying 19 until I’m a double challenge completer! I’m still playing 17, which shows how long this save has taken me so far...

19618927_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.53b920bd9370b4297aaa35a7948d79f6.png

So that was a bad start to my save, I'd improved the financial side of things with the club and the level of play in Chile's second tier is actually not shockingly bad. I felt I could get this team straight back up with the players they had and I added in a few loans for depth. The Issue was accepting the job straight away instead of asking to start it at the end of the season, as through the whole of the transfer window I was getting blamed by players for bad dressing room atmosphere and I'd only had one game in charge, sp this was going to always be a struggle from the start.

Tactically as well I just could not get anything to work in this country, if i tried to press they'd punt it over top and create lots of chances that way. If I sat deeper we conceded slightly less but constantly gave the ball away in dangerous areas, of the 33 goals I conceded 20+ were from set pieces.

On a brighter note this is the Ultimate FM Challenge whilst getting sacked is not ideal, I'm able to continue my save and search for another club, let's see where I end up next!

Challenge Overview

Spoiler

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019     Curico Unido          Chile       Primera Division B       10th                -                 -                   -             Sacked after 17 games
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Leagues
 0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

CAREER STATS
                                                     ------------

Curico Unido       - P 17 W 4 D 7 L 6 GF 24 GA 33  GD -9  WR 23%  Days in Charge: 214
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall            - P 17 W 4 D 7 L 6 GF 24 GA 33  GD -9  WR 23%  Days in Charge: 214

Edit: I'm a sucker for punishment, it took me until August to get another job and it's a team in the same league that currently sit 8th :D Top 6 qualify for play offs though so that should be attainable depending on my poor tactical decisions again! The main issue is their finances are 350K in the red so still no coaching badge for me as of yet

Edited by Crowy

Fortaleza_CEIF_logo.png

Fortaleza 2019 Season Report

First season of the challenge is complete! I took over right after the 2018 season finished so I had to wait the entire offseason before even playing a game but I think I have made a pretty decent start. This team was predicted to finish 12th in the league and had a strange squad with a decent amount of talented youngsters so I was reasonably optimistic. 

League- Colombia has one of those Opening + Closing stage style leagues with playoffs for each as well as an overall table for some reason. We had a pretty rough start but slowly improved and managed a 6th place finish in the opening stage meaning we made the playoffs where we actually scraped a 2-1 aggregate win over Real Cartagena before being knocked out 2-1 on aggregate by Cortulua. The closing stage saw us go even better and finish 2nd, just ahead of a couple others on goal difference. We did somewhat choke in the playoffs though, losing 4-3 on aggregate to Deportivo Pereira in the quarters.

Copa Colombia- We easily won our group containing Real Santander, Llaneros and Orsomarso all from our division before drawing Atletico National in the second round, one of the best teams in the country. We performed admirably with a 0-0 draw at home and a 1-1 draw away, which I thought might mean a win for us but unfortunately away goals aren't a thing here. We lost the ensuing penalty shootout as I had guys with pen taking attributes of about 6 taking my attempts.

Best Players: Top goalscorer- Sebastian Acosta (17) Pretty embarrassing for the strikers that our left midfielder managed to top the scoring charts. 2 of the main strikers are on massive goalless streaks and I will definitely try to improve that area next year.

Most assists + Highest avg. rating- Hamilton Valencia (7, 7.03) The right midfielder was one of our better players this season, although that is a pretty low total to top the assists chart.

Most POM- Acosta, Camilo Blanco and Santiago Garcia (4) another low total but always good to see a defender (Blanco) get into the end of season awards.

Transfers Results Results 2

The good news is I have managed to complete my first 3 coaching badges and increase my reputation up to 25% which is really good progress for my first season. I have also taken charge of Argentina under 23s as they seek to qualify and compete in the Olympics next year which could be a reputation booster as well as giving me some knowledge of the country.

Season       Team             Position         Champs League      Top Goalcorer        Highest avg rating    Notes and Achievements     
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Fortaleza        6th + 2nd              -            Acosta (17)          Valencia (7.03)       National A,B,C licenses complete

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues ()
 0/10 domestic cups () 
 0/1 club world championship ()

International
 0/2 world tournaments ()

Bilderesultat for asker fotball

Will be giving this challenge a go at FM19. I started last wek at the beta, and after a few months looking for a job I got the position at Asker, in the Norwegian 3rd tier (I'm Norwegian myself, so a good fit). We were in the relegation zone when I took over, but a really talented squad so there was no need for it. We won most of our remaining games, and actually finished pretty close to the promotion play off zone.

Next season we strengthened the team quite heavily, and really ran away with the title, losing only 3 games, winning the league with 11 points. 

Our first year in the 1st division (2nd tier), and we won back to back promotion!! I think I replaced 9 players from the starting 11, and it took some time to make the team function, but when we did we were impressive. We sealed our promotion spot in the last round, beating 3rd place Bodø/Glimt 2-0 at home. 

Asker is ready for Eliteserien (1st tier), but I am not sure if I am. The club wont let me take any badges, and going from semi pro to professional status will cost a lot. If any better club comes in for me, I'm ready to take on another adventure. 

1.thumb.jpg.859eba3c82b1bb587c1f3f12dcb1d5a1.jpg2.thumb.jpg.02f033040e9f8deb5edda4898f1a02de.jpg3.thumb.jpg.8fe7c89e4857c066750b1aaa4a8acd32.jpg4.thumb.jpg.b58099473dc82dd46592f69d48cf66c0.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup                         | Continental 	  	 | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Asker             | Norway             | 1st    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2019    | Asker             | Norway             | 2nd    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 

INTERNATIONAL
Season  | Nation            | Titles           
------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

TROPHY LIST (only trophies that count towards the challenge, trophies won twice are not listed)

None

I've had a shocking start to my career, almost got sacked twice by two teams in the same division, not much to update on as I weren't able to make any transfer etc, I'll do proper league updates when (IF) I complete a full season. I don't think I've ever struggled quite this much on a challenge in FM but I'm enjoying it. I'm hoping this club gives me the chance to bring my own players in over the break and have a full season at it. I could still get sacked yet.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
2019     Curico Unido          Chile       Primera Division B       10th             1st Rd               -                   -             Sacked after 17 games
2019  Deportes La Serena       Chile       Primera Division B       11th                -                 -                   -             Took over in 8th

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

CAREER STATS
                                                     ------------

Curico Unido       - P 17 W 4 D 7  L 6  GF 24 GA 33  GD -9  WR 23%  Days in Charge: 214
Deportes La Serena - P 13 W 3 D 4  L 6  GF 13 GA 16  GD -3  WR 23%  Days in Charge: 102
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall            - P 30 W 7 D 11 L 12 GF 37 GA 49  GD -12 WR 23%  Days in Charge: 316

Edited by Crowy

Barito_Putera_logo.png

PS Barito Putera - 2018 Report

Hello and welcome to PS Barito Putera, an Indonesian First Division side presently languishing in the relegation zone. Barito Putera has a very interesting story. They're named after a former (now deceased) club chairman, and enjoyed lots of success in the mid to late 90's, but are now struggling. This is my first attempt at the Ultimate Challenge in FM19, and I hope that it may be my only attempt! I have decided to only load the divisions in Asia to start, partly due to it being where I plan to start and also to save the life of my PC.

Squad:  I would be lying if I said that our team is good because it is quite awful. We start with ZERO fullbacks because the previous manager sold them in the transfer window, my star Central Midfielder received a season (and likely career-ending) injury during the pre-season, and there is a shortage of depth in every position. Not pictured, however, is an Under-21 team full of 5* potential players who will most likely be playing first-team football before the season is over.

Finances: Finances at Barito Putera are far better than I predicted them to be. FM rates them as "okay", but with 600k in the bank and a transfer budget and wage budget big enough to buy some Malaysian wonderkids, I have nothing to cough at. Unfortunately, the club will not fund my first coaching badge because of how poorly we're faring in the league. Hopefully I can remedy this before I get the sack, or the season ends.

Ambitions: The board wants us to finish mid-table, as the team is currently doing in real life. Unfortunately, the media predict us to finish dead last, and I happen to agree with the media on that front. After drawing 1-1 with a team we absolutely need to be winning against, my hopes for the team are quite limited, at least for this season. My goal is survival and also to pick up as many coaching badges as possible.

PS Barito Putera is going to be quite the challenge: but what beginning club isn't? The next update from me will be either the end of the season or the point I get sacked and hired by a new club.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2018     PS Barito Putera      Indonesia         Liga 1 (Top)     TBD             -                  TBD               -             

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Borrowing the code from Crowy, hope you don't mind. UTV.

start.PNG

meet the club.PNG

manager.PNG

Edited by CaesarXI

Welcome to the challenge @CaesarXI the only thing I mind about your post is that you used UTV in it! Good Luck in Indonesia, I've never managed there but would imagine it's a tough place to start.

@Fadedaf nice start to your challenge nice to see you challenging for europe already, having a first club where you could get your first 3 licenceses must of helped, what are your manager stats like?

@vikeologist, I see now, after three seasons, that I did a mistake when loading up the game. My manager age was set to 24 years old (I know I choose 20 at first, and I'm 31 IRL so very weird). It must have happened with a bit back and forth beta testing of the profile interface. Really enjoying this save, and I would say I got no advantage having the extra 4 years when applying for jobs. But I really dont want to continue playing to later be excluded from the challenge (although its obviously my fault). I would think, and hope, that other players on the challenge wouldnt consider this cheating. Am I allowed to continue the challenge even with that error? 

46 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

@vikeologist, I see now, after three seasons, that I did a mistake when loading up the game. My manager age was set to 24 years old (I know I choose 20 at first, and I'm 31 IRL so very weird). It must have happened with a bit back and forth beta testing of the profile interface. Really enjoying this save, and I would say I got no advantage having the extra 4 years when applying for jobs. But I really dont want to continue playing to later be excluded from the challenge (although its obviously my fault). I would think, and hope, that other players on the challenge wouldnt consider this cheating. Am I allowed to continue the challenge even with that error? 

it's fine with me for you to continue . 

220px-Warriors_F.C._Logo.png

Warriors FC - 2019 Report

Well - let's just say that Indonesia didn't exactly go to plan. After playing (and losing) my first few games, the transfer window opened, much to my excitement. However, like moths to a cliff-face, my players attempted to leave in droves. Although I was able to secure quality first team signings, the dynamics never seemed to recover and after the season-ending injury of my star signing, Barito Putera quickly went downhill. I had no choice but to resign, though of course, I was given my first badge on the way out.

At first, I was at a loss. The only teams who actively sought my signature were those in the second tier of Indonesia and Malaysia, both locations I did not wish to return to. After two months of job searching (I resigned in October), the decision of who to manage came between two clubs; Tampines Rovers and Warriors FC in the Singapore Premier League. I came to the conclusion that Warriors FC was the better decision, strictly because they had won the league the year previous and were guaranteed a spot in Champions League qualification.

Squad:  When I first took over the club, there was one word you could use to describe the squad: large. The club was filled with so many awful players that it was like the purge once the transfer window opened. After doing some whittling and introducing new blood: I have built a squad sufficient enough to win the league, or so I hope I do.

Finances:  Although the champions of the Singaporean Premier League the season before, Warrior's FC is sufficiently poor. I have had to do some major bargain hunting in order to find players that fill positions well, and was unable to sign the best (and free Agent) Singaporean striker due to the wage demands I couldn't afford. If I decide to stay with Warrior's FC past this season, I fear debt and bankruptcy may be on the horizon.

Ambitions: Unlike Barito Putera in Liga 1, Warrior's FC is poised to win the league, and, if I try hard enough: the domestic cup as well. That is my only goal with Warriors: win the league, win the cup, and get some coaching badges. Hopefully, I can use that to jump to Korea, Australia, or China. Staying here more than one season would definitely be a mistake: but I guess we'll just have to see how the league crumbles.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2018     PS Barito Putera      Indonesia         Liga 1           18th               -               2nd Round               -             National C Badge
2019     Warriors FC           Singapore         Premier League   TBD                -               TBD                East Asia Playoff 

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

201741060_newclub.thumb.PNG.b4cd90e3f840f4d5f585754b5fcaabae.PNG

squad.thumb.PNG.36de677b4fe6fc9ba4cebc77d1aa94c0.PNG

me.thumb.PNG.f982929ab818ea3899aa7857bbc1a719.PNG

1253740879_thestuff.thumb.PNG.3552f94eca526e30acb3d3f1601ac2f5.PNG

I was all set to give this a try on FMT. Loaded the game with South Africa and China, thinking I'd start in SA & after a few years maybe able to get a Chinese job, simmed until I got offered a job, and was offered one within a day!  With Shandong Luneng no less!  I then realised I cannot start with no reputation in FMT, which has spoilt the effect for me...  Ho hum will have to find something else.  I've no chance of completing this in full fat due to the time required

1 hour ago, barsiem said:

I was all set to give this a try on FMT. Loaded the game with South Africa and China, thinking I'd start in SA & after a few years maybe able to get a Chinese job, simmed until I got offered a job, and was offered one within a day!  With Shandong Luneng no less!  I then realised I cannot start with no reputation in FMT, which has spoilt the effect for me...  Ho hum will have to find something else.  I've no chance of completing this in full fat due to the time required

don't know anything about FMT,  but you're allowed to do challenge,  if you want .  just explain what differences are clearly if you want me to clarify instructions at start of thread .