The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM!! I WON CONFEDERATIONS CUP!

First attempt with Spain they sacked me before the Confederations Cup because of my "poor" Top4 finish in EURO2024. 2033 I failed with Croatia, but 2037 with Brazil was successful. I was down 2-0 against Italy in the final after the first half, but second half we dominated and turned the game :)

https://imgur.com/DzPP7t8

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
31/32   River Plate           1st Primera Div      Won CL
32/33   Celtic                3rd Premiership                      Won Scottish Cup
33/34   PSG                   1st Ligue 1          Won CL          Won Coupe de France & Trophee des champions
2035    Jiangsu               3rd Chinese Super League             CL slot for season 2036
2036    Jiangsu               1st CSL              Won CL          Lost in the Cup final :(
36/37   SPAL 2013             1st Serie B
37/38   Tigres UANL			  season not started yet

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
2033        Croatia          Failed in Confederations Cup -> resigned
2035        Brazil           Won Copa America
2037        Brazil           Won Confederations Cup

Challenge Progress 19/33

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG, Chinese Super League 2035/Jiangsu)
 4/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool, Scottish Cup 32/33/Celtic, Coupe de France 33/34/PSG)
 4/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate, AFC Champions League 2036/Jingsu)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast, Copa America 2035/Brazil)
 2/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain, Confederations Cup 2037/Brazil)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2020-2021 Season Review

1200px-Kaizer_Chiefs_logo_svg.thumb.png.868850fe5a6893990a88abaafd3f9005.png

So after what has to be considered a pretty good season in Scotland, I grew tired of the cold climates and decided that it was time to find someplace warm again. I shopped myself around for something that excited me but it wasn’t until South African giants Kaizer Chief became managerless after Ernst Middendorp retired that I decided upon my next step towards football management world domination.

I was lucky enough to take over the club before pre-season began so had a complete clean slate to work from. The club were defending champions but they were going through a bit of a transition period with a number of aging players losing a step and all of their stars wanting to jump ship to bigger things. In the end, I shipped out 8 players before the season started and another 5 in January and replaced them with a massive 21 players! Not all were players for now but the ones that were would prove to be real difference makers. The fans weren’t happy as we really did lose some huge players; including club captain Itumeleng Khune who went to Feyenoord for a massive 700k; but by the end of the season, I’m pretty sure I won them around

ABSA Premiership: My league season went exactly how I like it and we had the title sewn up with five games to go. Unbeaten until our 16th game, it was pretty smooth running all the way to the title, with the toughest run of results being a back to back draw/lose to title challengers Mamelodi Sundowns and AmaZulu FC. Other than that, we ran roughshod and finished 21 points clear of second place – breaking numerous scoring and win records along the way.

Telkom Knockout: 4 matches, 4 wins and only one goal conceded. A tough quarter-final against Cape Town City nearly saw us knocked out but a extra time penalty from misfiring striker Tokelo Rantie saw us pick up the 1-0 win. We faced rivals Bidvest Wits in the final and was lucky enough to score an early goal and hold out for the unconvincing 1-0 win

Nedback Cup: A first round 2-3 loss to Bidvest ruined our chances of a cup double but freed us up to focus our attentions elsewhere

MTN 8: We made hard work of this whole cup, only managing a close 1-0 in the quarter final before being taken to a replay from our cup sparring partner Bidvest. We managed a 2-1 win in that replay but unfortunately were beaten by Mamelodi Sundowns on penalties in the final.

Be the Coach Challenge: We faced off against Orlando Pirates in this season opener and I got my Kaizer Chiefs career off to a winning start. Goals from Castro, Manyama and Phiri was enough for a very good 3-0 win where we never really looked in trouble.

Orange CAF Champions League: The big one. Qualification was easy with a 10-0 aggregate win in the first round and a 4-2 one in the second saw us grouped with ASC Diaraf, Al-Merreikh and Al-Ahly. It was a tougher group than I’d have liked but the guys did me proud and we won 5 of the six, only dropping points to Al-Merreikh. Next up was league rivals Mamelodi Sundowns and I was confident of securing a result against a team I had beaten several times already. I was right to be confident and we walked away as 4-2 winners over the two games.

We were drawn against the defending champiosn ES Sahel in the semi-finals and I was worried for the first time. Turns out I shouldn’t have bothered worrying and we ran out 7-1 winners with their only goal coming late in the second game. After that convincing win I was less worried about a final against Club Africain and two 1-0 wins was enough for us to life the Champions League and for me to write my name in the history books!

Top Goalscorer: Striker Leonardo Castro walked into my team at the start of the season and he never walked out – scoring 29 goals on the way to finishing top goalscorer

Most Assists: Whilst Castro might have picked up the most goals, I was more impressed by new signing Gift Links who assisted 12 and scored 23 from out on the left. He would have challenged for the top goalscorer title if he hadn’t picked up a mid-season injury

Highest Ave. Rating: 250k signing Gift Links paired his impressive season in front of goal with an impressive 7.60 rating

Most POTM: Links again with 8

International: Whilst I was busy winning the Copa America, world number 2 Brazil was knocked out in the quarter-finals and promptly sacked their manager. Silly to pass up the opportunity, I applied and was quickly offered the job. It has been pretty par for the course since then and we have won 7 of the 8 games played under my management. We will be heading to the World Cup next year and I have high hopes of winning the biggest trophy in international football

Next Season Plan: Well, another season down and another league/cup double completed. That coupled with my Champions League win has made for my best season yet. The only thing left to win would be the World Club Cup but Kaizer Chiefs probably aren’t strong enough to do that. I plan on sticking around for now but will keep a keen eye on the job market this summer

Season       Team             Position         Continental         Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Cobresal         1st              n/a                 Won Copa Chile MTS and Manager of the Year
2019/20      Hibernian        1st              n/a                 Lost in Scottish Cup final
2020/21      Kaizer Chiefs    1st              Winners             Won Telkom Knockout. Lost in MTN 8 Final

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank (Cobresal 2019), Scottish Premiership (Hibernian 2019/20), ABSA Premiership (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21)
1/10 domestic cups - Copa Chile MTS (Cobresal 2019), Telkom Knockout (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21)
1/5 club continental championships - CAF Champions League (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21)
0/1 club world championship -

International
1/5 continental tournaments - Copa America (Colombia 2020)
0/2 world tournaments 

International:
Season       Team                 Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------
2019	     China Under 23s	  Qualified for Under 23s Asian Cup
2019	     Colombia			  ---
2019/20      Colombia             Qualified for Olympic Games. Won Copa America
2020/21      Brazil               Qualified for World Cup. Lost in Olympic Games quarter final

Mexico. All done in one season!

https://imgur.com/sJ1mUL5

There is no cup competition in Mexico? And which league you need to win? I won both Opening and Closing Stages..

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
32/33   Celtic                3rd Premiership                      Won Scottish Cup
33/34   PSG                   1st Ligue 1          Won CL          Won Coupe de France & Trophee des champions
2035    Jiangsu               3rd Chinese Super League             CL slot for season 2036
2036    Jiangsu               1st CSL              Won CL          Lost in the Cup final :(
37/38   Tigres UANL			  1st Mexican First Div Won CL

International:

Challenge Progress 21/33

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG, Chinese Super League 2035/Jiangsu, Mexican First Div 2038/Tigres UANL)
 4/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool, Scottish Cup 32/33/Celtic, Coupe de France 33/34/PSG)
 5/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate, AFC Champions League 2036/Jingsu, COCACAF 2038/Tigres UANL)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast, Copa America 2035/Brazil)

52 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@yugularThere is, or at least used to be, a cup competition in Mexico. It's just that some teams aren't in it. Mexico explained I post 3 of thread.

Ok thanks :) Well im not gonna stay in Mexico for the cup anyways. Off to new challenges :) Germany, Italy and Spain at least to go to!

2023/24 Season - Middlesbrough - English Championship

Image result for middlesbrough

It's been a while! I won't go on too much but it's been a pretty good season albeit trophy-less

Europa League - We had an amazing run, eventually losing to Barcelona in the Semis

League Cup - Another semi final loss, this time in extra time to Man City

FA Cup - Yes you guessed it, a 3rd semi final defeat of the season, this time to Liverpool

Premier League - We managed to end in 7th, an amazing finish seeing as we were predicted to end last. In the end we fell away from the top 6 due to our mass fixture backlog at the end of the season

Badges/Rep - Continental A Licence Learned, Pro Licence being studied for. My reputation is now up to 3.5* (Good)

What Next? - I have made a shed load of young signing and we have a really good squad. I need to prioritise one of two competitions next season. A top 6 push is a must as well. I may however keep an eye on a bigger job.

cu8S7yR.png

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

1/10 domestic cups (English League Cup - Middlesbrough - 2023)

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()

I have a dilemma. I have been offered three jobs and don’t know which to take. 

1) is a semi-high profile role with a decent squad. League title is possible but would need some luck. Still in the running for a cup and has an easy tie in Europa league

2) is a less high profile role but in a league I need to manage in. Club finished fourth last season and predicted to finish 3rd this season. A very very healthy transfer budget and could probably win the league with a couple tactical signings. In the group stages of their continental cup

3) the top rated club in their league, going into the new season as defending champions. One of a few leagues I could visit in this continent that has a chance of champions league glory. Clubs seems to be struggling financially and lacks almost all staff and the wage budget needed to change that

2022 World Cup Review

73214b3cc1c491ba206f50bc035c6f6f.thumb.png.7925e65e5cc280f3c342379eca4dec97.png

After two years in charge of world number one Brazil, it was time for the most important summer of my young career. We went into the tournament as joint favourites and I knew we would need to be at our best to get anything, especially with fellow favourites Spain in our group

Group Stage

Spoiler

We had one of the tougher groups having been paired up against Spain, South Korea and Denmark. Obviously Spain was going to be the most difficult of our matches and unfortunately we had to play them in the first game – giving us no time to gain momentum. Luckily for us, neither did Spain and thanks to an early goal from Jesus and a penalty from Fabinho, we started our campaign with a 2-1 win.

Next up was South Korea who didn’t really put up much of a fight at all. 2 early goals from Coutinho, two from centre back Luiz Felipe and one from wonderkid Rodrygo was plenty to nullify the sole goal from Korea as we strolled to a 5-1 win, setting us up perfectly for a final deciding game against Denmark.

This game proved to be a bit more difficult and despite taking a 2-0 lead within 30 minutes thanks to goals from Jesus and Rodrygo, we were down 3-2 after the hour mark. Luckily, the boys in yellow and blue had enough in the tank and a second from Rodrygo and a last minute winner from Allan saw us claim a clean sweep in the groups

Second Round

Spoiler

Topping the group was enough for us to bypass some of the more tougher teams in tournament as we were matched against Austria. I went into the group confident and was sure we would run out easy victors. I was wrong and it took an extra time goal from Jesus to put us into the next round. A round where we would have to perform better than that to continue our march towards the final

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Our reward for beating Austria was a very tough match against Germany. In form striker Jesus gave us the lead after 5 minutes but that didn’t last long as Sane scored a beautiful sole goal 9 minutes later. Our heads must have dropped as 9 more minutes later we were down 2-1 and suddenly things didn’t look too good for us. Until Coutinho levelled the game, that is. After that it was plain sailing with Jesus bagging his second after half time before completing his hat trick in the 90th to set us up for a semi final showdown. Unfortunately, the hat trick performance would be the final game of Jesus’ World Cup as he picked up a minor injury that would rule him out

Semi Final

Spoiler

Facing Italy in the semi final was never going to be easy and we really did make it hard work in a really good game for the neutrals. In the 12th minute, Firmino – who was only in the starting line up as a replacement for the injured Jesus-  decided to put the ball into his own net to give Italy the early lead. A lead they doubled just before half time thanks to Bernardeschi. Luckily for us, our luck hadn’t fully ran out and Rodyrgo put away a penalty followed by a 45th minute equaliser to make my half time talk slightly easier.

The second half may have featured less goals, but it was no less action packed and I was sure we were destined to lose when the ref awarded Italy a penalty in the 85th. I was wrong to count our chickens and despite his impressive World Cup performance, Pellegri couldn’t convert the spot kick, putting it right into Edersons hands and ensuring the game would go another 30 minutes. We went into the extra time period with a man advantage after Chiesa picked up an injury so we looked to exploit the space and play a bit wider, but in the end it didn’t matter as Davide Calabria fluffed a clearance right into his own net and gifted us a ticket to the final!

Final

Spoiler

The Final against USA would prove to be fairly anticlimactic when compared to the previous two games, but that didn’t bother me. It didn’t take long for us to take the lead when Douglas Costa proved he was a fitting replacement for the injured Coutinho by firing us into the lead. A lead doubled by Rodrygo with ten minutes to go. A brief moment of concern was had when Romain Gall scored with USA’ s first shot on target with five minutes left, but we held on with ease to lift the most coveted trophy in world football!

What Next

Spoiler

I took the Brazil job for one simple reason, the World Cup, and now that we won that I have no reason to stick around. I have already won the Copa and the Conferations Cup is so far away so I might as well move on and keep picking up trophies. Luckily for me, a lot of good looking international jobs became available after the World Cup and I didn't have much issue finding a new challenge - a challenge in the shape of Mexico and the upcoming Gold Cup

2000px-VfB_Stuttgart_1893_Logo_svg.thumb.png.c9284b15038b4d201b182081d7158141.png

Crispypaul
VfB Stuttgart
1. Bundesliga
2028/29

League - Table | Fixtures 1| Fixtures 2 - another great season as we retained the title.

Champions League - Table | Fixtures - had a very comfortable group stage (including a tonking of Man City at home).  Then an astonishing defeat of Real Madrid was followed by a closer defeat of fellow German side Schalke.  Next up was Man Utd whom although we drew at home we got a good win at Old Trafford, setting up an all German final against RB Leipzig.  Sadly, we couldn't take the next step and RB ran out winners.

Cup - Fixtures - usual defeat of lower league opposition in the first round.  We then had a relatively straightforward run to the final where we beat Schalke 3-0.

Finances - comfortable

Transfers - Dirk Adlon and Sebastian Olivera went for huge money in the summer so I quickly purchased some replacements and upgraded a couple of other areas.

Key players - 

Pintado - young Brazilian left winger brought in to improve that side.  Had a great goalscoring season too.

Mario Billinger - signed a new contract and continued to be our key centre half

Diego Facchin - I needed another centre half after Adlon left and the Roma centre back fit the bill.

Laureano Dominguez - I paid good money for the Argentinian winger and he performed excellently

Cesar - our new keeper.  Yes another Brazilian!

Andreas Frischnekct - another prolific season from the striker

Luiz Felipe - Brazilian forward slotted in beside Firschnekct

800px-England_national_football_team_crest_svg.thumb.png.f2f6623114dd3e13e196b69995319fe4.png

England
2028/29

Nations League 2028 - Fixtures | Table - after winning 3 out of 3 (including away to Spain) I thought we would have a good chance of the finals but collapsed at home to Spain who just sneaked past us in the end.

World Cup 2030 qualifying - Fixtures | Table - easy, including a thumping 12-0 over Gibraltar.  

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st          		   Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2020	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera B 	  1st				Promoted
2021	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B
2022	Deportes Santa Cruz     Chilean Primera             1st				Cup Winners, Copa Libertadores Knockout, Continental A
2022/23  Pumas		          Mexican Premier Division     1st		Apertura and Clasura Winners, CONCACFA CL winners, Continental Pro
2023/24  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st    		MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank Cup Winners
2024/25  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st            MTN8, Nedbank Cup, African CL Winners
2025     Ulsan               K-League 1                      3rd            Joined 20th July 2025, KFA Cup Winners
2026     Ulsan               K-League 1                      1st            ACL, KFA Cup Winners
2026/27  VfB Stuttgart       1. Bundesliga                   15th
2027/28   VfB Stuttgart       1. Bundesliga                   1st      
2028/29   VfB Stuttgart      1. Bundesliga                    1st           Cup winners, CL finalist

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023/24	   Cameroon				African Nations Championship winners, AFCON qualifying group stage
2024/25    Cameroon             		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned 
2026/27    Iran                               Asian Cup Winners
2028/29    England

Challenge Progress

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022; Mexico, Pumas, 2022/23; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2026; Germany, VfB Stuttgart, 2027/28)
 5/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2025; Germany, VfB Stuttgart, 2029)
 3/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23; CAF, Maritzburg Utd, 2024/25; AFC, Ulsan, 2026)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Asia, Iran, 2027)
 0/2 world tournaments 

I decided to move on to pastures new and was offered the Spurs job - obviously I couldn't turn it down so am the new Spurs manager!

Finished in a very disappointing 9th place and the trophy cupboard is barer than I would have liked so looking forward to turning that around.

Edited by Crispypaul

What a dissapointment :(

After successful season in Mexico I took the Mexico National Team to World Cup. We were bad and I got fired! There goes my easy chance to win the Gold Cup. Now I pretty much have to either wait a long time and get another shot with Mexico or maybe USA/Canada/Jamaica? Has anyone else succeeded with any other team? Or what teams are even possible to get hired to?

Well since Mexico was finished I took a short few months long gig in my home country Finland where I helped JJK to win the Ykkönen and get back into the top flight. I didn't renew my contract after the season and now I am currently unemployed. Also my reputation is down to 55% which is odd.. Maybe because I took a job in such a low division?

37/38   Tigres UANL			  1st Mexican First Div Won CL
2038    JJK                   1st Ykkönen (Finland)

International:
2038        Mexico           Got sacked due to poor World Cup

Challenge Progress 21/33

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG, Chinese Super League 2035/Jiangsu, Mexican First Div 2038/Tigres UANL)
 5/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate, AFC Champions League 2036/Jingsu, COCACAF 2038/Tigres UANL)

International

@yugular You will probably never be offered the Mexico job again, so you'll need to win it with USA. I think people have won it with Jamaica. Maybe I did once, but obviously USA is your best remaining chance.

You can see which nations are ',manageable' by looking at the job security page. nations can disappear from this late in a save due to insufficient players, which can of course sometimes be offset by adding domestic  leagues.

With N America, Asia, maybe S America, it is entirely possible to run out of viable nations to win a competition with, and thus not be able to complete the challenge. Happened to me with Asia when I had just 2 landmarks left to get.

Edited by vikeologist

2022 Season Review

Jiangsu_Suning_FC_logo2.png.cfb74049dac4c1dd8960d7a2a011d0ba.png

I took over Kaizer Chiefs when they were riding high from winning the league, but having to replace a lot of players who had moved on. I left them 18 months later with them having reclaimed the league and added cup & Champions League trophies to the cabinet. When I walked away on 13th January, Kaizer Chiefs were sitting atop of the league and had snatched the CAF Super Cup away from league rivals Bidwist. Naturally, my replacement couldn’t replicate what I had done and they sunk to a 4th place finish – it didn’t help that they decided to bench the clubs best striker. I guess it was always going to be difficult to replace the 16th most successful manager to ever work in Africa.

For me, it was time to up sticks and head to my fourth continent and Chinese club Jiangsu Suning were my destination. The club were predicted to finish 4th but had a £40m warchest to push for the top spot – so it was a handsome proposition for me. It took a while to get used to the new rules (100% tax on marquee signings, limit to over 21 year old Chinese signings), but in the end it proved to be a wise move

Chinese Super League: We started as 4th favourites but we soon claimed the top spot for our own as we laid wake to everyone who stood in our way. That was until  October when a run of three games with no wins saw us drop to 3rd, with Guoan and defending champions Evergrande overtaking us. It was neck and neck (and neck) between the three of us until the final three games, where a 3-2 win over Guoan saw them dip out of the race. Unfortunately, and perhaps undeservedly, we would concede the league by drawing the final two games; allowing Evergrande to claim back to back league wins.

Chinese FA Cup: This one wasn’t so difficult, with a great run of performances right up until  the final where we faced Shanghai Shenhua in what should have been an easy cup victory. We made it hard for ourselves by letting Shenhua claim a 2-1 win in the first leg, needed a stroke of luck to even get the consolation goal. The second leg was no less nerve-racking, where even an early goal from Liu Ruofan wasn’t enough to stop the rampaging Shenhua who scored two more to lead 4-2 on aggregate. However, sometimes luck goes your way and Ruofan chipped in with another in 87th before centreback Zhunyi scored a header in the 94th to make us champions by away goals.

Chinese FA Super Cup: It is always nice to start your reign with a trophy and that is exactly what we didn’t do when we matched up against Evergrande who took the 1-0 win with a 39th minute goal.

AFC Champions League: Whilst winning the league would have been nice, this was the competition I really wanted to win. We got off to a perfect start; winning all of our group games before finally being knocked down to earth by Melbourne Victory when they put two past us during a busy 7 minutes that also saw them have a player sent off. With luck on our side once again, the second leg couldn’t have been any more of a polar performance as Liu Ruofan scored three goals to put us into the next round.

The quarter final saw us face another team from Melbourne – this time City being our opponents. The first leg went slightly better than against their neighbours, as a late goal secured the home draw, but it turns out we really like a trip down under as evidenced by the two goals that gave us a 3-1 aggregate win and a place in the semi-finals. In what had almost become tradition, we faced off against our third Australian team in a row – this time in the form of Western Sydney Wanderers. Our trip down under proved to be much more of a boring affair this time, as we only managed to snatch a 0-0 draw in front of our 312 travelling fans, but back at home we proved to be too strong and picked up the 2-1 win despite playing 45 minutes a man down.

After the three tough Australian games it was nice to play someone a bit different and Iranian team Sepahan fitted that bill perfectly. After facing three of the most difficult teams in the competition, playing Sepahan in the final seemed almost anti-climatic, but maybe they would surprise me and take advantage of our lack of concentration. They didn’t. Two goals from Alex Teixeira and one from summer signing Oxlade-Chamberlain gave us an easy 3-0 win before goals from Jin Jingdao, Erpan and two more from the Ox saw us win 7-0 on aggregate.

FIFA Club World Cup: Entering off of the back of our Champions League win, I was keen to top the 3rd place finish I had achieved the year before with Kaizer Chiefs. Unfortunately, despite beating Auckland in the first game, we were downed by Man City who put six past us. The third placed playoff wasn’t much better as Flamengo beat us on penalties to relegate us to 4th place

Top Goalscorer: Signed for £3.5m from Shandong Luneng, striker Lio Ruofan repaid that faith by scoring 21 goals in 27 starts. Honourable mention to winger Oxlade-Chamberlaine who chipped in with 15 goals

Most Assists: Not too surprising that playmaker Alex Teixeira takes the crown with 16 assists and 12 goals. Another honourable mention goes to the Ox who had 15 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Another one for Teixeira who finished with a 7,41

Most POTM: Three in a row for Tex, who managed 9 POTM awards

International: As per my last post, I guided Brazil to another World Cup victory before leaving to take over at Mexico. It is definitely a much harder challenge, but we have a chance at Gold Cup glory in six months so that is what we are focused on

Next Season Plan: Despite a cup and continental double, I am really annoyed that we lost the league from such an advantageous position. I have applied for two interesting jobs but I might have to stick around just to make up for the league slip-up

Season       Team             Position         Continental         Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Cobresal         1st              n/a                 Won Copa Chile MTS and Manager of the Year
2019/20      Hibernian        1st              n/a                 Lost in Scottish Cup final
2020/21      Kaizer Chiefs    1st              Winners             Won Telkom Knockout. Lost in MTN 8 Final
2021         Kaizer Chiefs     -                 -                 Left 13th Jan '22 with the club top of the league. Won CAF Super Cup & MTN 8
2022         Jiangsu Suning   2nd              Winners             Won Chinese FA Cup.

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank (Cobresal 2019), Scottish Premiership (Hibernian 2019/20), ABSA Premiership (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21)
3/10 domestic cups - Copa Chile MTS (Cobresal 2019), Telkom Knockout (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21), Chinese FA Cup (Jiangsu Suning 2022)
2/5 club continental championships - CAF Champions League (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21), AFC Champions League (Jiangsu Suning 2022)

International
1/5 continental tournaments - Copa America (Colombia 2020)
1/2 world tournaments - World Cup (Brazil 2022)

International:
2020/21      Brazil               Qualified for World Cup. Lost in Olympic Games quarter final
2022         Brazil               Won World Cup
2022         Mexico               ---

Edited by Danny_H22

• 3 weeks later...

I've not been playing fm for a few months as I've been playing real life FM and getting my coaching badges :) Just loaded game up for first time in a while and realised I hadn't updated my previous season at Madrid. To keep it very short, I ticked off the Spanish league and cup double, but lost in the Champs League final on penalties to Chelsea and devastatingly lost the AFCON final to Cameroon as Ivory Coast :'(  

Having resigned from them both, I've left Europe and taken over River Plate with a squad that should be winning the league, and is already in the Copa Libertadores Quarter Finals.

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues - Singapore S-League 19/20 (Home Utd), K-League 2023,2024,2025 (Jeju), Portugal Liga NOS 26/27, 27/28 (Sporting Lisbon), Bundesliga 2029/30 (Bayern Munich), La Liga 2030/31 (Real Madrid)

5/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19 (Home Utd), KFA Cup 2025 (Jeju), Taca de Portugal Placard 27/28 (Sporting), DFB-Pokal 28/29 (Bayern Munich), Copa Del Rey 2030/31 (Real Madrid)

2/5 club continental championships - AFC Champions League 2025 (Jeju), European Champions League 2028/29 (Bayern Munich)

1/1 club world championship – 2029/2030 (Bayern Munich)

International

1/5 continental tournaments – Euro 2028 (France)

2/2 world tournaments – Confederations Cup 2029 (France), World Cup 2030 (France)

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)

AFC Cup 19/20 (Home United)

Hyundai A-League (Regular Season) 2020/21 (Melbourne Victory)

U23 Asian Games w/ South Korea 2022

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand 2023

Taca de Liga Portugal 2027/28 (Sporting)

Supertaca Candido de Oliveira 27/28 (Sporting)

DFL Supercup 28/29 (Bayern Munich)

Supercopa de Espana 30/31 (Real Madrid)

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 19.44.55.png

Edited by Steve Cobble
typo

2039/40 –Manchester City

240px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Manager Profile – Fixtures 1 – Fixtures 2 – Fixtures 3
Competitions – Player Stats – Transfers

It's been almost a year since I last played at this save, but I've finally picked it up again. And I think this resulted in one of my best seasons of this save, if not the best. Couldn't win the league, which turns out to be a near impossible task no matter where I manage on this save, but improved a lot from last year and I'm hopeful for next season.Only conceding 16 goals and a league record on 25 clean sheets makes us the best defensive team in the league, and offensive we're not far behind Chelsea. If we improve a bit offensively I hope we can get that winning goal out of some of the matches we now draw to really compete for the title next year.

That being said, we had an amazing run in the Champions League this year. Went through the group stages undefeated only to meet Barcelona in the knock-out round. Not the kind of draw you want, but got an incredible 0-4 win from the away game followed by an insane 6-4 win ay home making it 10-4(!) in total. Then we beat Juventus 4-1 over the two games in the quarter finals, before we played a new crazy match-up against Real Madrid. Thrashed them 5-1 at home almost securing my spot in the final, and secured it by a 4-3 loss away, making it 8-5 in total. Really nerve-wrecking game but we got through to play Chelsea in the final. Got behind both 0-1 and 1-2 in the match-up, only equalising to 2-2 in the 94th minute, bringing the game to extra time. In the extra time we got the lead for the first time in the final, but it only lasted a few minutes before we were tied back up again, 3-3. Got to penalty shoot-out, and won it 4-3 after Chelsea missed their last 2 penalties. So in other words, I won the European Champions League!

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana
2029      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores
2030      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League
2032/33   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       1st        1st round                N/A               Italian league!
2033/34   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       2nd        1st                      Group stage       Italian cup! Qtr final of Europa League
2034/35   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2035/36   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    12th       Semi final               N/A               Took over 11th after 21 games
2036/37   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    6th        3rd round                N/A               Qualified for Europa League
2037/38   Manchester City          English Premier League        6th        1st                      N/A               Left Schalke halfway through, took over in March, FA Cup and Europa League qualification
2038/39   Manchester City          English Premier League        4th        5th round/Qtr. final     N/A               CL qualification, Qtr. final of Europa League
2039/40   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/Qtr. final           1st               Won Champions League and FA Cup, 90+ points in league

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2021     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2022     New Zealand   N/A                      N/A                
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2027     Nigeria       1st                      N/A                Won the ACON
2030     Australia     N/A                      N/A                
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2032     Australia     N/A                      N/A
2033     Australia     N/A                      Group stage        Knocked out in group stage of Confederations Cup
2035     Brazil        1st                      N/A                Won Copa América
2036     Brazil        N/A                      N/A
2037     Brazil        N/A                      3rd                Sacked after the Confederations Cup

Challenge Progress (13/33)
Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA;)
5/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG;)
3/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA; Manchester City, ENG)
0/1 club world championship ()

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; Copa América, BRA; )
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

Season     Team/Nation                Trohpy
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong League Cup
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong Sapling Cup
2018       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2019       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2020       Geylang International      Singaporean League
2023       Mexico                     North American Gold Cup
2025       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Asian Champions League
2026       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Chinese FA Super Cup
2026       Bahia                      Brazilian Bahia State Championship
2027       Nigeria                    African Cup of Nations
2029       SC Internacional           Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship
2030       SC Internacional           Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship
2030       SC Internacional           Copa Libertadores
2032       Girondins de Bordeaux      Coupe de la Ligue
2033       FC Internazionale          Serie A
2034       FC Internazionale          Italian Cup
2035       Brazil                     Copa América
2038       Manchester City            English FA Cup
2040       Manchester City            English FA Cup
2040       Manchester City            European Champions League

Edited by Skogmus

Gato's Great Managerial Gamble

Image result for geylang int

Geylang - 2018

Played 3 matches to end the season and won 2 of them. We are 2k/week over the wage budget, so a culling will be needed going into next season. 

Singaporean Premier League In 3 games, got nearly 30% of our season points total.

League Cup - Before my time.

Singapore Cup - Also before my time.

Transfers - Not mine.

Squad - Lots of dead weight and wages.

Key Player Profiles:

Fumiya Kogure - Looks good, but has been injured. 

Barry Maguire - Our 2 foreign players and central midfield looks sorted.

Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

Club

Season        Nation/Club          League                            Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       SIN/Geylang              9th               Took over with 3 games remaining, in 9th

International

Season        Nation          Highest Ranking                            Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 Season Review

Jiangsu_Suning_FC_logo2.png.74819d20ec48b5605fee13c4cd1942ca.png

After throwing away the league on the last day last season, I had revenge on my mind. I couldn’t leave China without claiming a league victory so with that in mind and the AFC Champions League to defend; I was prepared for another action packed year

Chinese Super League: I was devastated after losing out on the league last season as I really felt like we deserved to win it. I was so annoyed, in fact, that I rejected job offers in order to stay in China and make amends. And make amends I did! We didn’t leave it so late this season and 22 wins from 30 games was enough to finish the season top with a 7 point gap. Interestingly, 4 teams scored more league goals than us, but it was our defence who won us the league – conceding just 21 in 30 games. Redemption

Chinese FA Cup: Remember how we won this last season? Well back to back FA cups were not on the agenda as we crashed out in the semi-finals to eventual winners Evergrande

Chinese FA Super Cup: Evergrande stopped me from winning my first trophy as Jiangsu manager last season, but we got a morsel of revenge when we beat them 2-0 to start this season

AFC Champions League: Against all odds, we somehow won the Champions League last season and winning back to back would really show that we belonged. However, with our attentions elsewhere (the league) we really struggled in the Champions League this year.

Finishing second in our group behind Melbourne City, was enough to earn us a match against Japanese team Kawasaki Frontale. A comfortable 3-1 away win in the first leg meant we could take our foot off of the gas in the home leg and settle for a 0-0. Up next was league winners Melbourne City who were always going to be tough. First leg, away at Melbourne, finished with a 1-0 win to the home side. The reverse leg saw the same result, as we ran out 1-0 winners. Penalities were on the agenda and they did not go well for us. The defending champions crashed out in the quarter-final, much to the annoyance of the fans and the board.

Top Goalscorer: Liu Ruofan found himself again topping the scoring charts, but only managed 16 this season

Most Assists: Veteran winger Zhang Xizhe claimed the title from Teixeira with 8 assists.

Highest Ave. Rating: Teixeira did enough to keep hold of this one, though, finishing with a 7.13

Most POTM: Somehow, 4 POTMs was enough to finish top and Ruofan managed just that

International: Winning the World Cup with Brazil was my goal last season and after leaving to take over at Mexico, my goal was to follow it up with the Gold Cup. We got off to a good start by beating El Salvador, Martinique and St Kitts to claim three wins from three in the group. The quarter-final wasn’t much harder and we beat Haiti 3-1 to set up a game with USA; a game that we struggled with, but ultimately won 1-0. It was much the same in the final as we put two past Panama to win 2-1 and ensure that my stint as Mexico manager was a short one.

Next Season Plan: With league redemption complete, and the cup and Champions League medals already in my cabinet, I will be looking for a new challenge now the season is up. Hopefully I will get a chance to head to South America next.

I will also be stepping down as Mexico manager. We have won the Gold Cup so they have nothing else to offer me.

2021         Kaizer Chiefs     -                 -                 Left 13th Jan '22 with the club top of the league. Won CAF Super Cup & MTN 8
2022         Jiangsu Suning   2nd              Winners             Won Chinese FA Cup
2023         Jiangsu Suning   1st              QF                  Won FA Super Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
4/10 top domestic leagues - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank (Cobresal 2019), Scottish Premiership (Hibernian 2019/20), ABSA Premiership (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21), Chinese Super League (Jiangsu Suning 2023)
3/10 domestic cups - Copa Chile MTS (Cobresal 2019), Telkom Knockout (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21), Chinese FA Cup (Jiangsu Suning 2022)
2/5 club continental championships - CAF Champions League (Kaizer Chiefs 2020/21), AFC Champions League (Jiangsu Suning 2022)

International
2/5 continental tournaments - Copa America (Colombia 2020), Gold Cup (Mexico 2023)
1/2 world tournaments - World Cup (Brazil 2022)

International:
2022         Brazil               Won World Cup
2022         Mexico               ---
2023         Mexico               Won Gold Cup

Edited by Danny_H22

images.jpg.22b2818a2f151a914f1a785dad134134.jpg

Crispypaul
Tottenham Hotspur
English Premier League
2029/30

League - Table - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - after a disappointing 9th finish last time out I would be happy with just European football.  However we had an astonishing season and lifted our first title since 1961.

FA Cup - Fixtures - destroyed Bournemouth but ended being knocked out by Man City in the quarters

EFL Cup - Fixtures - at least we did well here after sneaking past Man Utd in the semis on penalties we beat Championship Cardiff in the final.

Finances - not too bad but European football would be nice

Transfers - Squad - the squad was a mess - full of overpaid older players like Julian Brandt at 32 and £200k a week, plus other rubbish.  We were also going to fail FFP so I offloaded a lot of players and bought sensibly in.

Key players - 

Julio Astorga - solid Chilean centre half

Aser - got a bit want-away early on but then settled down and the Spanish right back had a good season

Harry Kane - the veteran was a bit part player in his final season but still chipped in with a few goals

Ivan Brcic - a £27m signing from Mainz, the Croatian had an astonishing season on the left and ended up as PFA Player of the Year

Diego Lopez - I managed the Mexican striker earlier on with Pumas and he was as good now as then

Luis Paixao - the Portugese right winger had a great season on the other flank

800px-England_national_football_team_crest_svg.thumb.png.f2f6623114dd3e13e196b69995319fe4.png

England
2029/30

World Cup 2030 Qualifying - Table - Fixtures - an easy run in the end as we comfortably won the group.  I will post about the World Cup in another post.

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st          		   Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2020	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera B 	  1st				Promoted
2021	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B
2022	Deportes Santa Cruz     Chilean Primera             1st				Cup Winners, Copa Libertadores Knockout, Continental A
2022/23  Pumas		          Mexican Premier Division     1st		Apertura and Clasura Winners, CONCACFA CL winners, Continental Pro
2023/24  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st    		MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank Cup Winners
2024/25  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st            MTN8, Nedbank Cup, African CL Winners
2025     Ulsan               K-League 1                      3rd            Joined 20th July 2025, KFA Cup Winners
2026     Ulsan               K-League 1                      1st            ACL, KFA Cup Winners
2026/27  VfB Stuttgart       1. Bundesliga                   15th
2027/28   VfB Stuttgart       1. Bundesliga                   1st      
2028/29   VfB Stuttgart      1. Bundesliga                    1st           Cup winners, CL finalist
2029/30   Tottenham          EPL                              1st           EFL Cup Winners

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023/24	   Cameroon				African Nations Championship winners, AFCON qualifying group stage
2024/25    Cameroon             		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned 
2026/27    Iran                               Asian Cup Winners
2028/29    England
2029/30    England              Qualified for WC 2030

Challenge Progress

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022; Mexico, Pumas, 2022/23; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2026; Germany, VfB Stuttgart, 2027/28; England, Tottenham, 2029/30)
 6/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2025; Germany, VfB Stuttgart, 2029; England, Tottenham, 2029/30)
 3/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23; CAF, Maritzburg Utd, 2024/25; AFC, Ulsan, 2026)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Asia, Iran, 2027)
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by Crispypaul

Getting a new laptop at the end of the week so will start this challenge then.

I'm thinking the best place to start would be Asia, Malaysia or maybe Singapore to build up a bit of a reputation then challenge for the Asian champions league with a Chinese or Aussie club.

Image result for eldense

Eldense - 2019/20

None of my players at Geylang had their contracts running out at the end of the year, so I couldn't change my squad at all since nobody would buy them either. Halfway through the season, I took a job in the Spanish 3rd division and had an entire preseason to build my squad. Board wanted to fight against relegation, but halfway through the season we were sitting in 2nd position. I then changed the expectations to a top half finish. We then proceeded to fall apart and have a terrible second half, finishing 12th out of 20 teams. Despite our expected relegation and my signing of a new contract mid-season, the board decided to sack me after the final match. 

Spanish Second Division B3 - A tale of two halves.

Spanish Cup - Lost in first round.

Federation Cup - Should have won the first round.

Transfers - The loan signings proved to be invaluable.

Squad - Started with a small squad, and happy how I left the club.

Key Player Profiles:

Javi Pazos - Second top goal scorer in the league. 

Javi Martinez - Second best striker named Javi on the team, got most of the assists.

Ismael Iglesias - Great stats, but didn't quite perform to them.

Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

Club

2018       SIN/Geylang              9th               Took over with 3 games remaining, in 9th
2019/20    SPN/Eldense		    12th              Avoided relegation, sacked after last game

International

2018/19          
2019/20

2040/41 –Manchester City

Finally have time to post this update, as it's been a couple of days since the season ended. Won't make it a long update, but I'll get down the important notes.

Community Shield: Obviously we met Chelsea, and what a game it was. Took an early lead 0-1 only to find myself down 4-1 after the hour. Pushed a lot more for attacks at that moment which payed off since we managed to get 5(!) goals the final 30 minutes. 6-4 in the end, and one of the craziest game I've played on FM.
Premier League: Again it's a two horse race against Chelsea, and again we fell short. Ended at 90 points, 4 points behind Chelsea, but I feel we should've won it this year. Dropped some points far too easy in the additional time, and lost some matches due to poor finishing. Really frustrating seeing this one slip, but we were closer this time around.
FA Cup: No problems in getting to the 3rd final in this competition in 4 years, but meeting Chelsea in the final saw us losing  0-2. 
Carabao Cup: Once again we play our way to the final without any big problems. There we met Chelsea (surprise!), and even though we got a late red card we took the game into extra time with 0-0. Early in the 2nd half of extra time we got our goal and defended well to see it through.
European Super Cup: Having won the Champions League the year before we had to meet Europa League winners Tottenham. We had a terrible performance and lost 2-0.
Champions League: Won this cup last year and had other priorities this season. Easily through the group stage but went out against Monaco in the quarter final.
Club World Cup: Probably the most important one this season, as I didn't know when I'd get to play this cup again. Did not disappoint and won the trophy comfortably.

For next season I'm gonna clear out some dead meat from the squad and invest in a quality striker. This team is the one I'll win the premier league with on this save, and I don't believe I'll get a better shot at it than I have now (and have had the last two years). Hopefully it's my turn soon, because this challenge still needs 10+ seasons to be completed.

In addition, I got the job as manager of Spain. Won my group against Portugal and Poland in Nations League, but fell short in the finals ending 4th. In the middle of World Cup Qualifications now, and hope to pull that one off next summer. 

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana
2029      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores
2030      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League
2032/33   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       1st        1st round                N/A               Italian league!
2033/34   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       2nd        1st                      Group stage       Italian cup! Qtr final of Europa League
2034/35   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2035/36   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    12th       Semi final               N/A               Took over 11th after 21 games
2036/37   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    6th        3rd round                N/A               Qualified for Europa League
2037/38   Manchester City          English Premier League        6th        1st                      N/A               Left Schalke halfway through, took over in March, FA Cup and Europa League qualification
2038/39   Manchester City          English Premier League        4th        5th round/Qtr. final     N/A               CL qualification, Qtr. final of Europa League
2039/40   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/Qtr. final           1st               Won Champions League and FA Cup, 90+ points in league
2040/41   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/2nd                  Qtr. final        Won Club World Cup, Carabao Cup and Community Shield, 90+ points in league

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2033     Australia     N/A                      Group stage        Knocked out in group stage of Confederations Cup
2035     Brazil        1st                      N/A                Won Copa América
2037     Brazil        N/A                      3rd                Sacked after the Confederations Cup
2040     Spain         N/A                      N/A                4th in Nations League

Challenge Progress (14/33)
Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA;)
5/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG;)
3/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA; Manchester City, ENG)
1/1 club world championship (Manchester City, ENG)

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; Copa América, BRA; )
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2040       Manchester City            Community Shield
2040       Manchester City            Club World Cup
2041       Manchester City            Carabao Cup

Image result for kitchee

Kitchee - 2020/21

I eventually took a job with Kitchee, since they are traditionally a strong side in Hong Kong. It's a step backwards in terms of pay, but had a higher chance at trophies. We made a few decent signings and had a successful year, unfortunately Eastern went undefeated on their path to the league title. We managed to defeat them in the finals of one of the cups, so we at least got a trophy. 

Hong Kong Premier League - Decent season, but Eastern were unstoppable.

Senior Shield - Not a good performance.

FA Cup - Our first trophy.

Sapling Cup - Unfortunate loss in penalties to Eastern.

Transfers - There are so many Brazilians willing to go to obscure Asian leagues.

Squad - Next year will try and replace some of the foreign players who didn't perform enough.

Key Player Profiles:

Emerson Maranhão- Best player on paper and had an excellent season. 

Chang Ho Yeung- Scored goals and not much else.

Lo Kong Wai - We relied on other positions to create goals this year.

Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups (Hong Kong)

International

0/2 world tournaments

Club

2019/20    SPN/Eldense		    12th              Avoided relegation, sacked after last game
2020/21    HNK/Kitchee              2nd                           Won FA Cup

International

2018/19          
2019/20
2020/21

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdlZboGqqXYQquR6s1qeD

Season 2041/42

Barcelona

I finally landed a job in Spain, and it was certainly worth the wait. However, things weren't as rosy as they should have been. Barca haven't won the league since 2019, a full 21 years ago! The title hadn't left Madrid since then, alternating between Atletico and Real. Barca has scraped into the Champions League on the last day of the season last season, so at least there was that to look forward to this season. For long-time readers, you may remember that I stupidly resigned as manager of PSG after winning the Champions League, forgetting that I needed to win the Club World Championships as well.

An assessment of the squad made me realise that change was needed, but there wasn't much available in terms of transfer funds, so it was very much having to seel before we could buy. Twelve fringe players / B team players went out on loan (bringing in a total of £2m a month), as well as four players for a total of £54m. Six players came in, three on free transfers, including Joseph Nwankwo, who would go on to be our top scorer this season, after only being brought in to provide cover.

We started the league season well, with five wins and two draws, before Real brought us crashing back to earth with a 3-0 mauling. It probably should've been six or seven. We responded with a 9 game unbeaten run, before a surprise 1-0 defeat to Elche. We then picked up an astonishing 37 points from the next 39 available, taking us clear at the top of the table. 10 points clear at the top, a 4-2 defeat away at Getafe, and then a 2-2 draw against Real Sociedad and a 3-2 defeat to Atletico meant our lead was down to 2 points with two games to go. Thankfully, a 4-0 thrashing of Elche was followed up by a 5-0 drubbing of Vallecano to seal the title, and tick off my final league needed for the challenge!

In the cup, we had a fairly easy run to the semi-final, where we faced Bilbao. A 2-2 draw at home was followed by an absolutely bonkers return leg, which finished 4-4 and meant we had somehow got through to the final to face Atletico Madrid. We produced one of our best performances of the season, and in particular Nwankwo, who hit all three goals in our 3-1 win, adding a second trophy to the cabinet for the season. However, it wasn't our final game...

We had reached the Champions League final, despite losing twice in the group stages and only getting past Chelsea in the first knockout round on penalties. We beat Atletico 4-2 on aggregate in the quarter finals, before a semi final with my former club PSG. The first leg was absolutely phenomenal, thrashing them 4-0 and heading to Paris confident of progression to the final. We lost the second leg 1-0, but it was enough to take us through to face Sporting Lisbon. Right winger Cesar Perez was our star man, grabbing a brace to seal a 2-0 win and complete a fantastic treble! There will be no resigning early this time!

Player-wise, Nwankwo hit 27 goals and 10 assists from 37 appearances, but Perez was brilliant, with 20 goals and the same number of assists, and an average rating of 7.65. The central defensive partnership of Angelo Carvalho and Jordy Cortie both averaged over 7.50. However, we played our best football when Luis Casado was paired with January signing Iker Vazquez in central midfield. January was a critical time for the squad, as we brought in another 5 players, four of whom were Spanish, as there was a dwindling number of home grown players in the squad.

So what's next? I'm going to obviously stay at Barca to try and win the Club World Championship. I'd like to complete the squad revamp, and see if I can build a squad capable of dominating in the way the two Madrid sides have for the last two decades. I'm also very much cheering on all of the non-South American clubs in the upcoming World Cup, as I'm hoping that a job might come up so I can have a crack at the Copa America...

Oh, and can I go back on the active list now?

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2018            Sligo Rovers    1st             League winners!

2019            Tianjin              1st             League winners!

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2021            Montreal         4th            League (MLS Cup) winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2023            Montreal          N/A          NACL winners!

2023            Palmeiras        9th           Brazilian Cup winners!

2024/25      Ajax                  1st            League winners!

2025/26     Unemployed

2026/27     Orlando Pirates  8th      Took over with 10 games to go.

2027/28     Orlando Pirates  4th      SA Knockout Cup winners!

2028/29     Orlando Pirates   2nd    SA FA Cup winners!

2029/30     Orlando Pirates   1st     League Winners! SA FA Cup winners!

2030          Orlando Pirates    1st     Champions League winners!

2031          Unemployed

2031/32    Stoke                      17th   Left after two months five points clear of the drop zone

2031/32    West Ham              9th     FA Cup winners!

2032/33    West Ham              5th     Europa League winners!

2033/34    West Ham              1st     League winners!

2034/35    Juventus                 1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

2035/36   Leverkusen             1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

2036/37   Shakhtar Donestsk  1st   League winners! FA Cup winners!

2037/38   Unemployed

2038/39   Paris St Germain    1st     League winners! FA Cup winners! League Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2039/40   Unemployed       

2040/41   Unemployed

2041/42   Barcelona                1st    League winners! FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

Country

2021           Ivory Coast         Qualified for the World Cup

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2023          Ivory Coast         African Cup of Nations winners!

2024          Unemployed

2025          USA                     Qualified for World Cup

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2027          USA                     North American Gold Cup winners!              

2028          USA                     World Cup qualification is going well

2029          USA                     Lost in Confederations Cup Semi Final (finished 4th)

2030         Unemployed

2031         South Korea       East Asia Cup winners!

2032         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2033         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2034         South Korea       Knocked out of the group stage of the World Cup

2035         South Korea      Asian Cup of Nations winners!

2036         Unemployed

2037         Italy                    Failed to get out of UEFA Nations League group. About to start qualification for World Cup.

2038         Italy                    World Cup winners!

2039         Italy                   Finished top of UEFA Nations League group. European Championship qualifiers have started well.

2040         Italy                   European Championships winners!

2041         Italy                   Confederations Cup winners!

2042         Unemployed

Challenge Progress

Club

10*/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine ((Shakhtar Donetsk) - doesn't count towards the challenge), France (PSG), Spain (Barcelona)

10/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine (Shakhtar Donetsk), France (PSG), Spain (Barcelona)

5/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact), African Champions League (Orlando Pirates), Europa League (West Ham), Uefa Champions League (PSG and Barcelona)

International

4/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027), Asian Cup of Nations (South Korea 2035).European Championships (Italy 2040)

2/2 world tournaments - World Cup (Italy 2038), Confederations Cup (Italy 2041)

I doubt i'll finish the challenge either (still need to win all but one international tournament, the Copa Libertadores, the European Champions League and Club World Cup, and the French, Spanish and Italian Leagues plus a couple more cups) but its been one of my most enjoyable careers in recent FMs.

Image result for kitchee

Kitchee - 2021/22

A couple more foreign player signings pushed us over the top and we thoroughly dominated the league, only losing to Eastern who slipped up elsewhere. For now, the plan is to stay with Kitchee until a job opens up. We aren't quite at the reputation to get hired for the second tier in Spain or Portugal. There's no chance Kitchee can win the Champions League against the money of the Korean and Chinese sides.

Hong Kong Premier League - Only conceded 6 goals all season.

Senior Shield - Beat Eastern 3-0 in the first round and won 7-0 in the final.

FA Cup - Beat Eastern 5-0 in the quarter finals.

Sapling Cup - Eastern got their revenge and beat us on penalties in the final.

Champions League - Made it to extra time before losing out to the Australian side.

Transfers - The Brunei midfielder and the young South Korean striker were invaluable to our team this year.

Squad - Shouldn't change much barring any departures, not sure if we can loan the Korean striker again.

Key Player Profiles:

Emerson Maranhão- 14 assists in 31 matches from left back and set a league record.

Yeom Sang-Hoon- 28 goals in 29 matches and also set a new league record.

Mohd Fadhlullah Metassan - All around midfielder with a 7.77 average rating.

Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (Hong Kong)

1/10 domestic cups (Hong Kong)

International

0/2 world tournaments

Club

2021/22    HNK/Kitchee              1st                      Won FA Cup, Senior Shield

International

2018/19          
2019/20
2020/21
2021/22

Image result for tianjin fc

Tianjin - 2023

Halfway through the Hong Kong season, a job opened up in China and I ended up at Tianjin. Their league runs by calendar years so I was able to make some transfers before the season started and got rid of some high earning foreign players. You can only have 3 foreign players in the match day squad, so I had to be picky. Very successful year, only finishing 2 points off the league title when we were predicted mid-table. Won the FA Cup as well. The plan is to see how far we get in the Champions League next year and take it from there.

Chinese Super League - 76 goals scored in 30 matches.

FA Cup - Their final is two legged which was odd.

Transfers - Luiz Gustavo and Gerardo Pilas were great foreign player signings.

Squad - Lucas Mendes will probably be sold or loaned out and Balanta may be replaced as well.

Key Player Profiles:

Zhang Guoqing- 11 goals and 16 assists in 34 matches is a great return for the left winger.

Gerardo Pilas- Only played the second half of the season, but still scored 15 goals.

Reinaldo - 14 assists and 6 goals from the playmaker spot.

Progress

Club

2/10 domestic cups (Hong Kong, China)

International

0/2 world tournaments

Club

2021/22    HNK/Kitchee              1st                      Won FA Cup, Senior Shield
2023       CHN/Tianjin              2nd                           Won FA Cup

International

2018/19          
2019/20
2020/21
2021/22
2022/23
2023/24

1927.png.000eb2ecb030b91814a0cf9f80e6694a.png

2017/2018 Season Review - Aberystwyth Town

The 17/18 season was some what of a disappointment for the Welsh team finishing in  place in the JD Welsh Premier League, Aberystwyth Town played no competitive matches in the year and instead hemoraghed money from the overall bank balance.

Goals Scored: 32 goals

Goals Coneded: 32 goals

Signing of the Season: Ryan Fox

Fans favourite player:

1-05-18.thumb.png.7a08eaa182ef63ae0e3dfa971795a933.png

48 minutes ago, myles_lb said:

1927.png.000eb2ecb030b91814a0cf9f80e6694a.png

2017/2018 Season Review - Aberystwyth Town

The 17/18 season was some what of a disappointment for the Welsh team finishing in  place in the JD Welsh Premier League, Aberystwyth Town played no competitive matches in the year and instead hemoraghed money from the overall bank balance.

Goals Scored: 32 goals

Goals Coneded: 32 goals

Signing of the Season: Ryan Fox

Fans favourite player:

1-05-18.thumb.png.7a08eaa182ef63ae0e3dfa971795a933.png

Why have you not played any competitive matches? Is it a bug, or are you using some kind of custom league?

5 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Why have you not played any competitive matches? Is it a bug, or are you using some kind of custom league?

I set my game to start in Peru, start of 2018, unfortunately, I got offered a welsh job as they were the only one that wanted a no qualification coach

Edited by myles_lb

I'm going to give this another go but I'm thinking of putting a twist on it. I'm only going to take the jobs at clubs who have never won their domestic league. I may look at the same sort of thing in the international competitions as well.

After failing miserably on my first attempt, im back with another attempt.

Appointment

Manager Profile

Handed the reigns with just 2 games remaining in the league, sitting in 6th positions means we wont be getting a easy title and will have to focus on next season. We are however in the cup semi final, our first game being the first leg and we lost 1-0 to Persib Bandung who currently top the league.

Bilderesultat for real madrid logoBilderesultat for brazil football federation

Season Update

Real Madrid & Brazil 2037 - 2038 

Real Madrid

My last post on this challenge was January 15th. I got a little bit tired of constantly moving clubs and lost some of my FM motivation. I took up and got hooked on the Youth Academy Challenge, and having spent 19 season completing that, it was good to get back to this save! 

I got back into the save in October 2037, 10 games into the La Liga season with Real Madrid, having taken the job after leaving Juventus with a Serie A title months before. Madrid hadn't won La Liga in 5 years, but they had won 3 out of the last 5 Champions League finals. We had a really good team, and we ran away with the league in the end. A team with a very talented squad, but also a crazy high wage bill. This was the kind of team you want to win with fast, because you do not want to re-build! 

We also won the Champions League and Club World Cup, but I have won those before. 

Only dissapointment was not winning Copa del Rey

24.thumb.jpg.d23e47214c3338d536b94ff9be62478f.jpg25.thumb.jpg.d6b6b6551e23dabf0f02c570565f9604.jpg26.thumb.jpg.e328946dfd77cbbb3d2697e97cf58ef1.jpg

27.thumb.jpg.2836f483cab0cc186eade3086df64c06.jpg28.thumb.jpg.147cf1604a15deda0361fd85732118b5.jpg29.thumb.jpg.d4001935ac8c1bd1cb7fdc3c064f2844.jpg

Brazil - Copa America

Naturally, we had an easu qualification to Copa America, Brazils attacking talent is unreal at this point, and we are basically playing with 4 attackers. We drew Peru, Colombia and Mexico in the group stage. 4-1 over Colombia, 6-1 over Brazil and 2-1 over Peru saw us through to the knock out stage. We beat Equador and Uruguay 3-0 on our way to the final, and naturally, Argentina was our last hurdle. A tough game, but luckily we got the the better of them, winning 3-2. 

30.thumb.jpg.1d1d93193386e1f98d7d74caedb9b847.jpg31.thumb.jpg.6ab19f126edc08b7370a58f66038b2c0.jpg32.thumb.jpg.5902db68513b3d63c6b7e50e23b684c9.jpg33.thumb.jpg.b33cf0e967a17a280765f87fd9308d68.jpg34.thumb.jpg.27b2a9a77b2abf43836fb5ce0bfabbbb.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup                         | Continental 	  	 | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Asker             | Norway             | 1st    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2019    | Asker             | Norway             | 2nd    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2021    | Haugesund         | Norway             | 1st    | Winners                     | Group Stage EL
2022    | Angers SCO        | France             | 4th    | None                        | None
2023    | Angers SCO        | France             | 1st    | Winners Coupe de la Ligue   | Qtr CL
2024    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | FA Cup runner-up            | Won Europa League              
2025    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | Won CL
2026    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | Won Club World Cup
2027    | Juventus          | Italy              | 1st    | Coppa Italia winners        | Won Europa League
2028    | Real Madrid       | Spain              | 1st    |                             | Won CL/CWC

INTERNATIONAL
Season  | Nation            | Titles           
------------------------------------------------
2024    | France            | 1st Euro 2024
2025    | France            | 1st Confederations Cup 
2026    | France            | 1st World Cup 
2027    | Brazil            | 1st Copa America

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

5/10  Top Domestic Leagues
4/10  Top Domestic Cups
1/5   Continentals Cups
1/1   Club World Cup

International

2/5   Continental Tournaments
2/2   World Tournaments

TROPHY LIST (only trophies that count towards the challenge, trophies won twice are not listed)

Norwegian Premier Division (Norway)
Norwegian Cup (Norway)
Ligue 1 (France)
Coupe de la Ligue (France)
Premier League (England)
Euro 2024 (France)
League Cup (England)
UEFA Champions League
Confederations Cup
World Cup
Club World Cup
Serie A
Coppa Italia
La Liga
Copa America

Image result for tianjin fc

Tianjin - 2024

This was supposed to be the season of success in Asia but, after a decent start, the team lost its goalscoring form and we limped across the finish line. The board issued an ultimatum of 11 points in 5 matches for the beginning of next season, but I decided to let my contract expire instead. That decision was also backed by our finances being 5 million in the red.

Chinese Super League - Ended up in a disappointing 6th.

FA Cup - Lost in the semis in our run of bad form.

Champions League - Threw away a first leg win in the quarter finals 

Transfers - Helegbe looked to be a steal, but never performed to his stats.

Squad - Abass Helegbe is better than Pilas on paper, but did not do enough scoring this year for his stats.

Key Player Profiles:

Zhang Guoqing- Not as good as last year, but double digit goals and assists is still superb.

Gerardo Pilas- 24 goals in 42 games wasn't bad, but he needed to carry the rest of the side in terms of scoring and didn't do enough.

Reinaldo - 4 assists and 9 goals this year, much worse than his 14 and 6 last season.

Progress

Club

International

0/2 world tournaments

Club

2024       CHN/Tianjin              6th                       Let contract expire

International

2018/19          
2019/20
2020/21
2021/22
2022/23
2023/24
2024/25

2041/42 –Manchester City

New season done, and it is one to remember! Difficult times with lots of injuries on key players, but we pulled out a great year. New signings came through, and some of the youth prospects that were in the team when I arrived are starting to compete for a spot in the starting 11. Will just keep the update simple like last time, so here's how we did.

Community Shield: Close game, but lost in the end 2-1 to Chelsea. Match not at exciting as it was last year, but it was a good final game before the season started.
Premier League: We're again up against Chelsea in a duel for the league win, but seeing us winning over them early in the season gave us a small lead from the start. Pulling a great sequence of results together means we stay in front for most of the season, and Chelsea only winning 1 of the final 4 games gives us the title with a comfortable lead.
FA Cup: No problems in getting to the 4th final in this competition in 5 years. Chelsea again the opponent in the final, but this time we got the win 2-0.
Carabao Cup: Semi-finals, up against Manchester United. Lost 2-0 in game 1, won 2-0 in game 2. Went all the way to penalties, where we lost.
Champions League: This was not a priority, but annoyed with how we lost it. Got through the group stages in a rough way, ending 2nd in group behind Porto. Up against Bayern Munich in the 1st knock out stage, and got a 2-0 win from the first leg. 2nd leg was going good for a while, being only down 1-0, until 90+ minutes and they scored twice. Early exit and some disappointed players that wanted more from this cup.

Having won the Premier League there is nothing else for me in Manchester City, and I'll resign and look for a new job. Want to stay in the top leagues of Europe, so has to be Germany, France or Spain next. But before I can concentrate on that, there's the World Cup in the summer, and I'll try to take Spain to the title.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2040/41   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/2nd                  Qtr. final        Won Club World Cup, Carabao Cup and Community Shield, 90+ points in league
2041/42   Manchester City          English Premier League        1st        1st/Semi final           1st KO round      Won Club Premier League, FA Cup, 90+ points in league. Done with all achievements in England

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2040     Spain         N/A                      N/A                4th in Nations League

Challenge Progress (15/33)
Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; )

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

2042 – World Cup

320px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

While managing Manchester City, I took over as Spain manager as well. In 2040 we ended 4th in Nations League, and 2041 we spent qualifying for the World Cup by winning all qualification matches. World Cup 2042 takes place in neighbouring Portugal, and we are among the favourites for the win. 

Group stage

Spoiler

Spain 5-1 New Zealand
Spain 4-2 Ivory Coast
Spain 2-1 Sweden

Easy first game against New Zealand, before we found ourself in deep trouble at half time agains Ivory Coast. Fought back, and turned the game around from 0-2 to 4-2 in second half, before we secured the third win of the group stage against Sweden. We qualified for 2nd round with 9 pts.

2nd round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Spain 2-0 Serbia

Met Serbia, whom we played a friendly against just a week before the World Cup. Match was practically over after 15 minutes at 1-0 and Serbia being one man down. Scored the second one to secure the win, and we're moving on to the quarter finals.

Quarter finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Spain 4-0 Peru

Lucky draw, as we were much better than Peru. 4-0 to half time, and just saw the game ending at that. Next up is the semis, where we will face up against England (and some of my former Man. City players).

Semi finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Spain 3-1 England

To quick goals half an hour in gave us the 2-0 lead. Went to half time with 2-1, and under heavy pressure in second half we countered in our 3rd goal just before the whistle went. Close on, but we're moving on to the finals!

Final / 3rd place play-off (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final: Spain 1-0 Italy

Great performance, not allowing Italy too many chances. We got the goal, and won the World Cup!

Man of the tournament: Miguel Mateo. Scored 10 goals, making him top scorer in the tournament. This includes a hat trick against England, and several more game-changing goals.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2041/42   Manchester City          English Premier League        1st        1st/Semi final           1st KO round      Won Club Premier League, FA Cup, 90+ points in league. Done with all achievements in England

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2041     Spain         N/A                      N/A                Qualified for World Cup
2042     Spain         N/A                      1st                Won World Cup

Challenge Progress (16/33)
Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; )

International
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup, SPA; )

Trophies:

Spoiler

2040       Manchester City            Community Shield
2040       Manchester City            Club World Cup
2041       Manchester City            Carabao Cup
2042       Manchester City            Premier League
2042       Manchester City            English FA Cup
2042       Spain                      World Cup

Edited by Skogmus

Image result for fc porto

Porto B - 2024-25

I landed on my feet quickly, and took a job with Porto's B side in the second division of Portugal. Managing a B side puts me in an interesting position as I can't get promoted nor sign players, but I felt like this job could eventually lead to the main Porto job or another first division Portuguese job. I came in with half of the season remaining and a goal to fight against relegation. Luckily a couple of away wins in our final 3 matches saw us avoid the drop by a single point. A fall from grace for Portimonense to fall to the 3rd tier.

Portuguese Second League - Avoided relegation.

Squad - Not many players, but that's out of my control. Not having a GK wasn't great.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Balbuena

João Pedro Mendonça

Bruno Lopes 

Progress

Club

International

0/2 world tournaments

Club

2024       CHN/Tianjin              6th                       Let contract expire
2024/25    POR/Porto B              16th                      Avoided relegation

International

2018/19          
2019/20
2020/21
2021/22
2022/23
2023/24
2024/25

Managed to get a bit of time to put into this over the last week or two which has been great fun. Since leaving Real Madrid I've gone on a 🏆 haul across the continents; racking up a league and copa libertadores at River Plater (but not the main domestic cup, which stung) - I did win the Club World Cup again, beating the Chelsea team that had beating me in the European Champions League Final the year before, so that was sweet revenge.

I then left to join Orlando City, realised I still have absolutely no clue how the transfer system works and left after 34 days, and then at the end of the season picked up the Kaizer Chiefs job, in which I won everything except one cup, which I lost in the final of. Only one league defeat all season - so close to the unbeaten year :( 

Come March, I had agreed to take over as Ajax manager at the end of the season, as I still needed one more non-big 5 league cup competition, however I've realised that I will need to go to Mexico anyway to win the North American Continental Cup (can't remember the name right now), and so I might leave early doors. I turned down the Brazil job to take over a surprisingly talented South Korea team, as the continental tournaments box is my big gap atm. 

I make it currently 21 out of 33, though I don't expect the remaining leagues and domestic cups to present too many problems....

Challenge Progress

Club

7/10 top domestic leagues - Singapore S-League 19/20 (Home Utd), K-League 2023,2024,2025 (Jeju), Portugal Liga NOS 26/27, 27/28 (Sporting Lisbon), Bundesliga 2029/30 (Bayern Munich), La Liga 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Argentinian Primera Division 2031/32 (River Plate), ABSA Premiership 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

6/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19 (Home Utd), KFA Cup 2025 (Jeju), Taca de Portugal Placard 27/28 (Sporting), DFB-Pokal 28/29 (Bayern Munich), Copa Del Rey 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Nedbank Cup (SA) 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

4/5 club continental championships - AFC Champions League 2025 (Jeju), European Champions League 2028/29 (Bayern Munich), Copa Libertadores 2031/32 (River Plate), Orange CAF Champions League 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

1/1 club world championship – 2029/2030 (Bayern Munich), 2031/32 (River Plate) 

International

1/5 continental tournaments – Euro 2028 (France)

2/2 world tournaments – Confederations Cup 2029 (France), World Cup 2030 (France)

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)

AFC Cup 19/20 (Home United)

Hyundai A-League (Regular Season) 2020/21 (Melbourne Victory)

U23 Asian Games w/ South Korea 2022

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand 2023

Taca de Liga Portugal 2027/28 (Sporting)

Supertaca Candido de Oliveira 27/28 (Sporting)

DFL Supercup 28/29 (Bayern Munich)

Supercopa de Espana 30/31 (Real Madrid)

Supercopa Argentina 2031/32 (River Plate)

Recopa Santander Sudamericana 2031/32 (River Plate)

Telkom Knockout 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Orange CAF Super Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Be The Coach Challenge Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Johan Cruijff Schaal 2034/35 (Ajax)

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 10.19.04.png

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 10.20.36.png

Edited by Steve Cobble
typo

Relatert bilde

Season Update

Boca Juniors 2038-2039

After winning La Liga and Copa America with Real Madrid and Brazil last year, I only have Bundesliga left of the compulsory leagues. With Bayern and Dortmund both occupied by other managers I left for Argentina and Boca Juniors. Boca had finished second behind River Plate last year and the job opened up.

We had a really good year, with a really good team. But we lacked a few players in key positions, and I started the job just as the season started. We struggled a bit in the beginning, but after some adjustments we really hit our form and never looked back. We ran away with the league and we also won the Copa Libertadores, beating Colo-Colo 5-0 in the final. 

The Legue Cup in Argentina is played over the summer, and unfortunately Boca was already knocked out when I took over.

35.thumb.jpg.15b2a97a51007fa6b14f4c1e38cdf267.jpg36.thumb.jpg.99c460b7ed4ae8ea412a9f30321a8eae.jpg37.thumb.jpg.69a9fa24351da52e782394dcaa087b86.jpg38.thumb.jpg.5df1ede029b85b937eccbce314c2f63b.jpg39.thumb.jpg.b257a9b4a0405e9057585b3c647bfd50.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup                         | Continental 	  	 | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Asker             | Norway             | 1st    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2019    | Asker             | Norway             | 2nd    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2021    | Haugesund         | Norway             | 1st    | Winners                     | Group Stage EL
2022    | Angers SCO        | France             | 4th    | None                        | None
2023    | Angers SCO        | France             | 1st    | Winners Coupe de la Ligue   | Qtr CL
2024    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | FA Cup runner-up            | Won Europa League              
2025    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | Won CL
2026    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | Won Club World Cup
2027    | Juventus          | Italy              | 1st    | Coppa Italia winners        | Won Europa League
2028    | Real Madrid       | Spain              | 1st    |                             | Won CL/CWC
2029    | Boca Juniors      | Argentina          | 1st    |                             | Won CL

INTERNATIONAL
Season  | Nation            | Titles           
------------------------------------------------
2024    | France            | 1st Euro 2024
2025    | France            | 1st Confederations Cup 
2026    | France            | 1st World Cup 
2027    | Brazil            | 1st Copa America

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

6/10  Top Domestic Leagues
4/10  Top Domestic Cups
2/5   Continentals Cups
1/1   Club World Cup

International

2/5   Continental Tournaments
2/2   World Tournaments

TROPHY LIST (only trophies that count towards the challenge, trophies won twice are not listed)

Norwegian Premier Division (Norway)
Norwegian Cup (Norway)
Ligue 1 (France)
Coupe de la Ligue (France)
Premier League (England)
Euro 2024 (France)
League Cup (England)
UEFA Champions League
Confederations Cup
World Cup
Club World Cup
Serie A