The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, pug 407 said:

@Steve Cobble You Have To Win The Play-Off At ļ»æThe End Of The Season In Australia Not The Regular SeasonĀ 

God F*N damn it. But they show as different competitions and shows as a league win? :/

Edit: Also, I'd already resigned when I read thisĀ :(Ā  I took the Gangwon job, purely because of an affinity I garnered due to an old FIFA game wherein I was able to beat all of my friends with them, and love their kit. However, they're 20k over their wage budget, with no transfer budget and 0% of transfer revenue available - to add to this, my two best players got called up for national service. Gangwon were only created in 2008 and have never won anything, so I'll see if I can change that. Worst case, I can improve my reputation and start slamming through some trophies with other clubs, but I've always wanted to give Gangwon a go, so this is a good opportunity.

Edited by Steve Cobble

ulsan.png.1feab980d5b7d51954995505aa991c27.png

Crispypaul
Ulsan
K-League 1

League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - pretty comfortable as we won the title by some distance

AFC Champions League - Table | Fixtures - we were drawn into a group of Heibei of China, Cerezo Osaka of Japan and Buriram of Thailand, which we won comfortably.Ā  Next up Al-Sadd of Qatar in the quarters whom we dispatched 6-0 on aggregate.Ā  Next up Al-Ahli of Saudi Arabia, again another comfortable pair of fixtures.Ā  We then had Perth Glory in the semis and got past them fairly comfortably.Ā  Finally beating Al-Hilal in the finalĀ gave us the Champions League.

KFA CupĀ  - Fixtures - retained the trophy after a win over Suwon Samsung Bluewings in the final

Club World Cup - FixturesĀ - got to the semi finals until knocked out by Man Utd (eventual winners) although we did win the third place playoff

Finances - no problems here

Transfers - chopped and changed somewhat.Ā  Unfortunately lost my best right winger after the summer transfer window to a Saudi side for his release clause.

Squad

Key players -Ā 

Gary McCarter - former Newcastle Jets central midfielder signed on a free after his strange release, became our top performing midfielder

Rene - experienced Brazilian left back continued off from last season

Lee Young-Ki - another solid midfielder with a couple of caps for South Korea under his belt

Jung Do-Hyun - really strong centre back whom I had to fight off a lot of interest over the season

Son Heung-Min - the Tottenham legend was released mid-way through 2026 - although I probably paid him too much for the K-League Ā£25k a week is a bargain for this incredibly good forward

Marcus Tavernier - the English winger was signed on a season long loan deal from Middlesborough and was comfortably one of the best players in the division

As I got the Asian Champions League I needed I resigned at the end of the season.Ā  Now looking for a European job.

iran_national_football.png.bb88ebc3f17e2f25bd95042779aa504c.png

Iran
Asian Cup 2027

I joined Iran knowing that the Asian Cup was coming up not long into the new year.

Group Stages - Table -| Fixtures - An easy group with Turkmenistan, Kuwait and North Korea which we won comfortably

Knockouts - Tree - first up we played near neighbours Syria and stuffed them 5-0.Ā  Next up holders and hosts Australia, and a much closer game as we sneaked past 1-0.Ā  In the semis we played China who folded to a 4-0 win

Final - the final was against Japan - I expected a tough game but we were 3-0 up at half time and grabbed another in the second half to win the trophy.Ā  A great performance and we had 6 players in the All Star XI.

I resigned not long after.

Ā 

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st          		   Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2020	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera B 	  1st				Promoted
2021	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B
2022	Deportes Santa Cruz     Chilean Primera             1st				Cup Winners, Copa Libertadores Knockout, Continental A
2022/23  Pumas		          Mexican Premier Division     1st		Apertura and Clasura Winners, CONCACFA CL winners, Continental Pro
2023/24  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st    		MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank Cup Winners
2024/25  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st            MTN8, Nedbank Cup, African CL Winners
2025     Ulsan               K-League 1                      3rd            Joined 20th July 2025, KFA Cup Winners
2026     Ulsan               K-League 1                      1st            ACL, KFA Cup Winners

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023/24	   Cameroon				African Nations Championship winners, AFCON qualifying group stage
2024/25    Cameroon             		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned 
2026/27    Iran                               Asian Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022; Mexico, Pumas, 2022/23; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2026)
 4/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2025)
 3/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23; CAF, Maritzburg Utd, 2024/25; AFC, Ulsan, 2026)
 0/1 club world championship

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Asia, Iran, 2027)
 0/2 world tournaments 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Crispypaul

Ā 

Season

Team

League

Cup1

Cup2

Cont

Intā€™l

Awards/Notes

2018/19

Home Utd

5th

Winners

Winners

N/A

N/A

Ā 

2019/20

Home Utd

Winners

Winners

Semi Final

Winners

N/A

Int ā€“ AFC Cup, MOTY

2020/21

Melbourne Vic

Winners/RU

Finalists

N/A

N/A

N/A

Lost Cup and Grand Final on pens, MOTY

2021/22

Gangwon/Jeju

7th

Q. Final

N/A

N/A

Winner

U23 Asian Games Winner w/ S.Korea

Jeju

Winners

Finalists

N/A

N/A

Winner

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā 

After joining Jeju midway through the 2022 season, it gave me time to build my squad and tactics in order to mount a challenge for the following year, and that turned out to be (just) the case, after pipping Suwon to the title by a point on the last day of the season. I actually played 2nd place Suwon in the penultimate game, only to find my whole back 4 and DM were on int'l duty... predictably I lost 3-0. Luckily, I scraped through to title glory with a tightly foughtĀ 2-1 victory on the final day.

The cup final saw more farcical situations, wherein the second leg saw me without 5 players due to international call ups. I ended up losing 1-0 on aggregate. I've signed a new contract for another season, and will aim for cup and AFC Champions League glory, but am keeping an eye out for some big jobs in China.

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues -Ā Singapore S-League 19/20 (Home Utd), K-League 2023 (Jeju),

1/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19 (Home Utd)

0/5 club continental championships

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournamentsĀ 

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)

AFC CUP 19/20 (Home United)

Hyundai A-League (Regular Season) 2020/21 (Melbourne Victory)

U23 Asian Games w/ South Korea 2022

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand 2023

Not long after I resigned from Ulsan I looked around and saw the Fiorentina and Stuttgart jobs were open - had interviews with both but it was Stuttgart that offered me the job which I of course accepted

2000px-VfB_Stuttgart_1893_Logo_svg.thumb.png.a4f6f2f9233e8c25446c538b635436c4.png

I joined when they were in quite a poor state, at the bottom of the table 5 points from safety.Ā  I am not sure why as the squad looks to have a lot of good young playersĀ (although some non playing higher earners to shift) in particular centre half Mario BillingerĀ and winger Kodjo Mensah

Finances are fine too.Ā Ā 

First game is away at Bayern Munich - obviously a write off so hopefully we can get some wins on the board after that.

Leagues Loaded:

Asia: Australia, China, South Korea | Africa: South Africa | N. America: USA | S. America: Argentina, Brazil | Europe: England, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain

Season 1

So, after waiting and applying for any and every job, I was finally given the opportunity to manage Witbank Spurs in South Africa. I had really hoped that I would be able to get a job in China, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. I arrived towards the end of January with the club currently sitting inĀ 7th place. I hoped to be able to make the top 3 by the end of the year, but the club was in a real state.Ā 

Finances were terrible, and getting worse every day. We were recommended to have only 4 coaches, we had 7! We have a director of football who is terrible, but I cant sack him because he also happens to be the owner!! Every single player bar one, is scheduled to leave at the end of the season.

Results

Fourth Period Table

Final League Table

Playoff Mini League

End of Season Squad Stats

Transfer History

So overall really happy with how we did in just a short time. The squad is a complete mess! I am very much looking forward to ripping it apart and completely rebuilding while trying to stay in the premiership and improve the finances. Getting Emmanuel Letlotlo in on loan was a massive help. He was clinical most of the time and always seemed to score when we needed him to.Ā 

Lets see what happens in Season 2!

Forums-Progress.png

Edited by Watson156

Season

Team

League

Cup1

Cup2

Cont

Intā€™l

Awards/Notes

2018/19

Home Utd

5th

Winners

Winners

N/A

N/A

Ā 

2019/20

Home Utd

Winners

Winners

Semi Final

Winners

N/A

Int ā€“ AFC Cup, MOTY

2020/21

Melbourne Vic

Winners/RU

Finalists

N/A

N/A

N/A

Lost Cup and Grand Final on pens, MOTY

2021/22

Gangwon/Jeju

7th

Q. Final

N/A

N/A

Winner

U23 Asian Games Winner w/ S.Korea

Jeju

Winners

Finalists

N/A

N/A

Winner

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand

Jeju

Winners

Q. Final

N/A

2ndĀ Rd

N/A

MOTY

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

More cup frustration in 2024, as I lost to Ulsan on away goals in the AFC CL, and they beat me in the KFA Cup as well. Despite winning the league at a canter in the end, I feel it's a missed opportunity. There aren't any jobs going elsewhere atm so might stay one more season to try and crack my cup curse!

2000px-VfB_Stuttgart_1893_Logo_svg.thumb.png.c9284b15038b4d201b182081d7158141.png

Crispypaul
VfB Stuttgart
1. Bundesliga
2026/27

League - TableĀ | Fixtures - we were sitting bottom at the half way mark when I joined - a very lucky win in Munich kicked us off but it wasn't until the last game of the season we stayed up.

Cup - Fixtures - only played one game, a narrow defeat away to Schalke

Finances - a little better once we got the prize money at the end of the season

Transfers - money was a little tight but I made a couple of tweaks here

SquadĀ - a number of older high earners will be shifted in the summer

Key players -Ā 

Ahmet Yildirim - one of the better performers was the young left back from Mainz

Sebastian Olivera - I signed the Uruguyan keeper on a free after his frankly odd release from Racing de Montivideo, and he helped reduce the number of goals conceded.Ā  Later capped for Uruguay.

Kodjo Mensah - as expected the young winger had a pretty decent season - sadly Bayern Munich met his release clause during close season

Mario Billinger - Stuttgart have a pretty decent youth system and this youth product did well in central defence

Future - obviously I have to win the German league however Stuttgart are so far behind financially from any of the big boys it might be too difficult.Ā  I am going to see out the season until my contract expires anyway.

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st          		   Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2020	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera B 	  1st				Promoted
2021	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B
2022	Deportes Santa Cruz     Chilean Primera             1st				Cup Winners, Copa Libertadores Knockout, Continental A
2022/23  Pumas		          Mexican Premier Division     1st		Apertura and Clasura Winners, CONCACFA CL winners, Continental Pro
2023/24  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st    		MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank Cup Winners
2024/25  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st            MTN8, Nedbank Cup, African CL Winners
2025     Ulsan               K-League 1                      3rd            Joined 20th July 2025, KFA Cup Winners
2026     Ulsan               K-League 1                      1st            ACL, KFA Cup Winners
2026/27  VfB Stuttgart       1. Bundesliga                   15th

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023/24	   Cameroon				African Nations Championship winners, AFCON qualifying group stage
2024/25    Cameroon             		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned 
2026/27    Iran                               Asian Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022; Mexico, Pumas, 2022/23; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2026)
 4/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2025)
 3/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23; CAF, Maritzburg Utd, 2024/25; AFC, Ulsan, 2026)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Asia, Iran, 2027)
 0/2 world tournaments 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Crispypaul

Tshakhuma.png.29d022acccca113ca97b0674fc12a23c.png

Season 2018/19 - TshakhumaĀ 

Took me a good 5/6 months to get a first job, had some interviews but never got any until Tshakhmua from the South African 1st Division came calling. Around half way through the season they were 3rd bottom (media prediction of 5th) so they were underachieving somewhat. The team quickly adapted to my system and after the break (I took over on December 28th) we had 16 games to play. We won 11 of those (drawing and losing 2 apiece) and we snuck into 3rd spot on the final day of the season and grabbed the final playoff place. In them we faced an uphill struggle with 4 players missing on international duty (the other 2 sides had 1 player missing between them :mad:) and then injuries and suspensions meant we never found our best form and ended bottom of the mini table. Frustrating but more than we could have hoped for when I took over. Plan for next season is to find a striker (our top scorer had 6) and go again.

Career ProgressĀ 

Ultimate

Season	 Team		Country		League		Position	Notes
2018/19	 Tshakhuma	South Africa	1st Division	3rd 		Lost in playoffs

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations)
0/10 domestic cups ()
0/5 club continental championships ()

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

I still can't work out how to do the code update.... screenshot table will have to do for now.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, lots to update on the way. I finally cracked cup glory with Jeju!!! A successful 3rd title in a row (record setting 97pts), along with the domestic cup and AFC Champions League means I'm now looking to leave this continent for the foreseeable future, and I find myself at Monterrey in Mexico... for a few weeks anyway.

I join Monterrey just as the deadline closes, and the squad is patchy at best, though there are a couple of good players, including Alphonso Davies( more on him shortly), but the squad registration rules mean I just can't play my best players as I need 9 homegrown Mexicans in my squad. I don't really 'feel it' with Monterrey, and after being knocked out of the cup, I resign and focus for now on Canada and the upcoming competitions. I surpassed expectations with the Canucks, and got to the Nations League semi final, where I bestĀ the USA on every stat except the one that counts - goals. A devastating elimination, but the country loves me. Onto the 2026 World Cup, joint hosted by my Canadian side, I again surpass expectations and charge through to the Third Round Ā (There are FAR too many teams in this world cup...) but I lose to Belgium - again, despite seemingly having the better of them, our profligacy in front of goal costs us dear.

I resign from Canada at this point, and with the Dutch and Portuguese leagues now loaded and entering the frey, I wait to see what teams will become available after the inevitable World Cup exodus (Brazil beat NIGERIA in the final!), and eventually accept the Sporting Lisbon and France positions (turning down Spain and Australia)

France are in Nations League B, but it was too good a squad to refuse, with a 4 year plan to win the Euros and World Cup with this squad, by which point Mbappe will be 31. Sporting on the other hand, haven't won the league since 02 - 24 years, so this is the type of challenge I'd normally enjoy on a career save and I may end up holding back on other positions until this one is cracked with. I've signed a veryĀ exciting young French striker, who at 18 yrs old is leading my charge, and I've been drawn in a Champions League group with Liverpool, RB Salzberg, and Partizan, so there's a chance of qualification for me there.

The squad has had a complete overhaul, with nearly 200 mil of outgoing (only keeping 48% for transfers though :() and 102 mil coming in, including the aforementionedĀ Alphonso Davies after his heroic performances for Canada. We lost on penalties in the Portuguese version of the Charity Shield to Porto, and then lost to Man City in the Super Cup aet (Sporting won the Europa League), but got revenge on Porto in the league, winning 3-1 away from home.

Enjoying this team so far so looking forward to seeing where they can be taken. Porto have won the last 9 leagues, so that's got to stop!

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 08.58.52.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 09.15.41.png

Jiangsu_Suning_Football_Club.png

Ā A double!! I managed to win the league and the champions league and resigned right away! Now i will concentrate on Brazil and confederations cup and maybe get a few months long gig if there is some interesting situation in some league where i can win a cup or promotion...

https://imgur.com/a/GDyqTEH

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
31/32   River Plate           1st Primera Div      Won CL
32/33   Celtic                3rd Premiership                      Won Scottish Cup
33/34   PSG                   1st Ligue 1          Won CL          Won Coupe de France & Trophee des champions
2035    Jiangsu               3rd Chinese Super League             CL slot for season 2036
2036    Jiangsu               1st CSL              Won CL          Lost in the Cup final :(

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
2033        Croatia          Failed in Confederations Cup -> resigned
2035        Brazil           Won Copa America

Challenge Progress 18/33

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG, Chinese Super League 2035/Jiangsu)
 4/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool, Scottish Cup 32/33/Celtic, Coupe de France 33/34/PSG)
 4/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate, AFC Champions League 2036/Jingsu)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast, Copa America 2035/Brazil)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)
Edited by yugular

Tshakhuma South African First Division 2019/20

Ā 

My first full season in charge and after missing out on promotion last year I was confident this season. Our finances are pretty bad and when I took over we were Ā£5k a week over our wage budget so in the summer I released many of our higher earners, reduced wages of the ones that would and planned to build the side around a very talented group of young players thatĀ came through our academy but after my squad was settled for the season 3 of the 4 young players I planned to use were sold by our chairman due to our finances. The 4th was sold in January. So me and my now even smaller squad had to use the loan market instead.Ā Ā Transfers

We battled at the top for most of the season, firstly with newly relegated FS Stars who fell away after the winter break. It became a battle between 3 sides - us, Ubuntu Cape Town and Uthongathi. With 5 games to go there were just 2 points between the 3 of us but then Uthongathi blinked with a couple of losses and were out the race. With 2 games to it was between us and Ubuntu, we were a point clear and our next game was away to Ubuntu! A winand we were up, easy! :DĀ We gave away an early penalty which they scored but recovered to go in level at the break, we then took the lead right after HT and were cruising to the title before a break away goal with 90 seconds remaining made it 2-2 and left us a point clear with one to play. All we had to do was match their result and we were up as champions. They lost 1-0 while we won 3-1 and we were winners! Star player was my inside forward Maart who popped up with goals in the run in when we really needed them.

During the course of the season a couple of Premier league jobs came up but I couldn't even get an interview for them, hoping this promotion will be a decent enough boost to the rep to help if one comes up next season as I don't feel like Tshakhuma is the place where I can dominate African football.

Career Progress

2018/19 Tshakhuma	South Africa	1st Division	3rd 		Lost in playoffs
2019/20 Tshakhuma	South Africa	1st Division	1st 		Promoted as champions
Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues ()
0/10 domestic cups ()

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

Tshakhuma South African Premier League Season 2020/21

Ā 

One thing I enjoy about South Africa is how quick the season can go with only 30 league games, so after our promotion last year I set myself the target of 35 points in order to stay up. Over the summer break though the Kaiser Chief's job come up with their manager retiring. They are easily the biggest side in the country but I went for it based on my title winning form. I managed to get an interview and was the bookies favourite, as well as the fans choice for the job. This got me excited so of course they appointed someone else, the fact they wonĀ 6 of the 7 competitions they were in this season (only missing out on the club world cup) means they're probably not too upset about their choice! :D

With promotion meant needing to strengthen our squad so putting my personal disappointment aside (wouldn't be the last time) i hit the transfer market to improve the squad. A solid, if unspectacular, start saw us become a fixture in the top ha;f, a run of form in November/December saw us enter the top 4 race and also briefly the title race before we stumbled over the line due to a lack of goals (our top scorer finished on 8 goals and in fact didn't score at all after the winter break (4 months and 17 games without a goal)) and finished 4th to qualify for continental competition next year. Graph. We ran the top sides close all season and now feel we're just 2 or 3 players away from being able to win the league. Despite this I was again in the running for a bigger job over the winter break as Sundowns were having a shocking season, again got the interview but again they went elsewhere (I must be a horrible person to interview)Ā 

In the cups we managed to make the final of the Telkom Cup but in a poor game we took too long to start playing against the chiefs and soon found ourselves 2 goals down, we pulled one back before the break but couldn't get another in the 2nd half losing 2-1. In the Nedbank we fell at the first hurdle going down 1-0 to Orland Pirates.

Career Progress

2018/19	 Tshakhuma	South Africa	1st Division	3rd 		Lost in playoffs
2019/20  Tshakhuma	South Africa	1st Division	1st 		Promoted as champions
2020/21  Tshakhuma	South Africa	Premier League	4th 		Cup runners up
Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups ()

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

Good luck @darren1983Ā ! Hopefully next season will bring you success! I would still look if there is an opening in the biggest teams even if you are on course for the title as the Champions League is a tough competition and the teams with bigger financial muscle have a better chance of winning it. Also the top teams can get some awesome regens who can be starting XI players at the age of 17.

25 minutes ago, yugular said:

heeey @vikeologistĀ how are the competitions in Mexico? What is the comp i must win?

Unless things have changed, there are 2 league competitions a year. Winning just one counts. You have to win the cup competition at the end. Winning the league stage itself counts for nothing. Not all the teams enter the Mexican cup, but it still counts, because it's the only cup.

Ā 

Nobody has ever managed to explain how continental qualification works in Mexico.

3 hours ago, yugular said:

Good luck @darren1983Ā ! Hopefully next season will bring you success! I would still look if there is an opening in the biggest teams even if you are on course for the title as the Champions League is a tough competition and the teams with bigger financial muscle have a better chance of winning it. Also the top teams can get some awesome regens who can be starting XI players at the age of 17.

Yeah I'll keep on looking but all seem pretty secure for now sadly, got AFCON this summer though so hoping that might shake a job or two loose.

Ā 

After last season's 4th place finish I was confident we could kick on this year again, it did not start well! We were knocked out of the CAF Confederation Cup at the vert first hurdle after winning the home leg 4-1 we then lost the away leg 3-0, we then lost in the first round of the MTN8 cup (a cup for the top 8 sides from the previous season) and also only had 2 points from our first 4 games (and not against any top sides) I started to worry, but as the season grew we started picking up points but I was still on the lookout for a new job and not paying a massive amount of attention to the league table and just before the winter break I was in the running for the Ajax CT job (they were 14th out of 16 teams) and we faced 4 games in 8 days, somehow winning all 4 and going top of the table at the break, though Kaizer Chiefs were 3 points behind with 4 games in hand, I took the risk of turning down the Ajax CT job when offered. The reason for so many games was our run to the final of the Telkom Cup for the 2nd year in a row, this time we faced Orlando Pirates and unlike last year we won our first trophy (well first that counts in this save) Post break our form wasn't as strong as sides won their games in hand but we were 4th just 1 point off 2nd and the Champions League spots when the chance to take over at Orlando Pirates was offered. I couldn't turn them down so it was my first managerial move of my career and start a new job....

1392816724_OrlandoPirates.png.18b449716d1a17191d38202013745fd1.png

So a new job, starting in 5th just behind my previous side and out of both domestic cups, we were however in the quarter finals of the champions league. In our 11 league games we won 9 and drew 2 to finish in 2nd place just 3 points behind the all conquering Kaizer Chiefs. In the champions league we made it past the quarter finals despite losing the first leg 1-0 but winning the 2nd 5-0, in the semi finals we faced those rat bastards Kaizer Chiefs and lost the home leg 3-1, the away leg ended 1-1 so we were out. They would go on to win the cup for the 3rd straight year. We're not too far behind them though, we faced them 4 times in my 15 games and won 1, lost 1 and drew 2 so with a bit of added quality to our side we should be able to best them next season. Over the course of the 2 jobs this season I finally got my first, and then 2nd, coaching badgesĀ 

The Orlando job wasn't my only new role this season as after the ACON in the summer I became manager of the Ivory Coast

873048823_IvoryCoast.png.0eafde45f85bfc265bd0b45875eba2fe.png

When I took over we were 2 games into World Cup qualifying and 2 wins and 2 draws later we were going to Qatar! We also had the African Nations Championship for all domestic based players, we did well in it, smashing teams all over till the semi final where Tunisa took advantage of some suspensions to counter us to death in a 2-0 loss. As the board wanted us to win this my job suddenly became very insecure but they gave me ACON qualification to prove myself and 4 wins from 4 means I can't be caught in the group but it doesn't matter as we're the hosts so we've already qualified :DĀ 

Career Progress

Season	 Team			Country		League		Position	Notes
2018/19 Tshakhuma		South Africa	1st Division	3rd 		Lost in playoffs
2019/20 Tshakhuma		South Africa	1st Division	1st 		Promoted as champions
2020/21 Tshakhuma		South Africa	Premier League	4th 		Cup runners up
2021/22 Tshakhuma		South Africa 	Premier League  4th 		Cup winners, left on 11/3/22
2021/22 Orlando Pirates 	South Africa	Premier League  2nd 		took over in 5th on 11/3/22
International
2021/22	Ivory Coast	World Cup qualifying, Nations Championship 3rd plcae
Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 domestic cups (2021 Telkom Cup - Tshakuma)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Bit of a long update with lots going on here (sorry about that) next season I might break it down as hopefully we'll have a title challenge and Champions League campaign as well as a mid season world cup and then the ACON at end of the season.

1392816724_OrlandoPirates.png.18b449716d1a17191d38202013745fd1.png

Ā 

So my first full season with the Pirates and the plan was to over take the all concurring Kaizer Chiefs that had won the past 4 league titles and past 3 champions leagues. We started off with the Black Label Cup which is a one off game between Pirates and Chiefs where the fans pick the squad, wasn't a classic but after a 0-0 draw we won on pens. We followed that up with the MTN8 cup (for top 8 league sides) and we crashed out to my old side. We also crashed out at first hurdle of the Telkom Cup (that I won last year at my previous side) the final domestic cup (there's a few in Africa!) was the Nedbank Cup and here we got on the way to final where we were unlucky to lose to, who else?, the Chiefs!

The main focus this year though was the league, and here we started brilliantly by winning our first 9 games before our first loss, we were top after 11 games when we broke for the World Cup (more on that later) after the break it soon became a clear shootout between us and Chiefs of course we battled hard but they matched us pretty much all the way and never let us get too far ahead, in the end they ended with a league record 77 points and we ended with an even bigger record of 80 points! Was a tough battle as it always felt like we couldn't drop any points at any stage and the sheer number of games we won in the final 10 minutes was incredible. It was a true battle but we got over the line.

In the Champions league we have a fairly straight forward and easy run to the final where we would of course play those dam Chiefs again! In the first leg we were 2-0 down after 88 minutes and yet somehow we ended up with a 2-2 draw to take back home. This is what I meant with the teams drive in the final minutes of games. In the home leg it was a nervy affair till another late goal secured the 2-1 win and made us double champs.

And with that my time in African domestic football was at an end. Time to move on but first......

World Cup 2022

Ā 

Group Stages

Spoiler

Qatar 0-3 Ivory Coast - first up were the hosts and a comfortable win with early goals from Kouame & Aurier setting us up before a late 3rd from Hamed Traore sealed it.

Ivory Coast 2-1 Poland - a good win against a decent Poland side. Kouame scored early again and the Seri made 2-0 just after the break. Piatek pulled one back for them late one

Ivory Coast 1-1 Columbia - we only needed a point to win the group and we got it thanks to a 3rd goal in 3 games from Michael Kouame and gave us the group win

2nd round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 1-4 England - well that was some reward for winning theĀ group! A Harry Kane hattrick with a 4th added by Marcus Rashford was enough to end out run. Our goal was a penalty to make it 2-1 after about 30 minutes fromĀ Pepe but truth is we were never in this match

Quarter FinalsĀ (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ā 

Semi FinalsĀ (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ā 

Final/3rd placeĀ (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ā 

AFCON 2023

Group Stage

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 5-0 Mozambique - our turn to be hosts and we got off to a great start, a hat trick from Michael Kouame and a goal each for Pepe and Wilf Zaha meant we got our tournament off to the best possible start

Ivory Coast 1-0 Algeria - a tight battle that was settled by an early own goal but we were never really in danger

Ivory Coast 2-0 Gabon - 2 goals from Michael Kouame gave us a a comfortable win

2nd RoundĀ (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 4-0 Togo - Another two goals from Kouame along with an own goal and a late 4th from Serge Aurier saw our run continue

Quarter FinalsĀ (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 1-0 South Africa - a tight affair was settled by an a goal mid way through the first half from Zaha saw us squeak through

Semi FinalĀ (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 3-0 Senegal - a comfortable win as goals from Kouame and Traore added to an early own goal and put us in the our own final

FinalĀ (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 3-0 Nigeria - a goal just before the break from captain Aurier settled some nerves, a first international goal from Drole doubled our lead before a late penalty from Kouame (who ended with 9 goals) sealed the win and us as champions

AftermathĀ 

Well that was an incredible season as with a first league title, first champions league and first international tournament means my rep is 3 stars now and I entered the African Hall of Fame! Sadly though it's time to move on from both club and country and see where this adventure takes me next....

Career Progress

2021/22 Tshakhuma		South Africa 	Premier League  4th 		Cup winners, left on 11/3/22
2021/22 Orlando Pirates 	South Africa	Premier League  2nd 		took over in 5th on 11/3/22
2022/23 Orlando Pirates		South Africa	Premier League 	1st 		League & Champions League winners

International

2021/22		Ivory Coast	World Cup qualifying, Nations Championship 3rd place
2022/23  	Ivory Coast 	AFCON winners

Career Progress

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (2023 South Africa ā€“ Orlando Pirates)
1/5 club continental championships (2023 ACL - Orlando Piartes)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (2023 AFCON ā€“ Ivory Coast)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

Edited by darren1983

• 2 weeks later...

Not been able to play much (nor has anyone else by look of things) lately as moved to a new flat last week. Did get some time recently though.

So after leaving Pirates and Ivory Coast it took around 6 weeks to get a new job, after a couple failed interviews in South Korea I did get a job in China with.....

Guangzhou.png.b032782ac1b5b95359b69113569ee996.png

Ā 

With a motto of "Be The Best Forever" there was no pressure here :DĀ 

I took over in August with the club in 8th place but only 6 points off the top 4 (and champions league) so that was the aim. We went 9 straight games after I took over without conceding a goal, winning 7 of them. The 10th game of that run was away to the league leaders Beijing Guo'an and thanks to a 91st minute own goal we won, we followed that up with a 2-0 win away to 2nd placedĀ Shanghai SIPG and with 2 games to go we were 3 points off the top and in a title challenge with 3 sides (the 4th side was Changcum who we beat 2-0 2 games before the Beijing game) another comfortable win in the next game saw us pull level with Beijing as they continued to stutter but were behind them due to head to head. The final round saw all 4 teams within 2 points of each other. All we could do was win and hope for the best. We battered Shanghai Shenhua nut could only draw 0-0 with me pulling my hair out. However our other 3 rivals all lost (to teams in 11th, 13th and 14th!) in a crazy final round of matches and we had won the league by 1 point!

While this was a fun run it feels kinda cheap, I didn't really do much (though 13 games, 10 wins and only 1 conceded I'm happy with) other than pick the best players to suit my formation and didn't sign anyone but won the league. Does mean I can now focus on the cup and champions league next year though. Should add that Guangzhou were favourites for the title at the start of the season so that obviously helped when we found form.

Career Progress

2022/23 Orlando Pirates		South Africa	Premier League 	1st 		League & Champions League winners
2023	Guangzhou Evergrande	China		CSL		1st 		Took over with 13 games to go. Won league

International

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (2023 South Africa ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2023 China ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande)
1/5 club continental championships (2023 African Champions League ā€“ Orlando Pirates)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

@darren1983Ā - Good work on the Chinese league! Convenient tick box season at least aha. Been struggling to play recently, my 5 year old lil macbook air is struggling now - I'm a few seasons in and it's getting very clunky so it's convinced me I need to upgrade :DĀ Had a successful season with Sporting and will update after my second season ends...

After my time in China I was looking for jobs in top clubs but it seems like none became available for season 2036/2037 so in the end I decided to gain some knowledge in Italy anyway and took a job in SPAL who was relegated to serie b and was struggling. I managed to change the course and in the end we easily won Serie B. Mexican side Tigres became interested in my services and we already made a contract that starts once the season in Italy is over. So next up Mexico :)

Ā 

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
31/32   River Plate           1st Primera Div      Won CL
32/33   Celtic                3rd Premiership                      Won Scottish Cup
33/34   PSG                   1st Ligue 1          Won CL          Won Coupe de France & Trophee des champions
2035    Jiangsu               3rd Chinese Super League             CL slot for season 2036
2036    Jiangsu               1st CSL              Won CL          Lost in the Cup final :(
36/37   SPAL 2013             1st Serie B

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
2033        Croatia          Failed in Confederations Cup -> resigned
2035        Brazil           Won Copa America

Challenge Progress 18/33

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG, Chinese Super League 2035/Jiangsu)
 4/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool, Scottish Cup 32/33/Celtic, Coupe de France 33/34/PSG)
 4/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate, AFC Champions League 2036/Jingsu)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast, Copa America 2035/Brazil)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

2028 - Los Angeles Football Club

1MFl05a.png

Competitions -- Fixtures

Year 2 in Los Angeles, California was a weird year, both a massive improvement and a massive disappointment. We did our job in the transfer market, filled most of the gaps we wanted filled, got a star to lead the team forward... and started the season with a 4-0 defeat against a team bound to finish 16th. Great. It was just a mirage, though, and soon we got a pretty good-looking run going, winning six on the trot and not losing for eleven fixtures. We were comfortably top of the Western Conference and pushing Atlanta for the lead in the Supporters' Shield, both new and old players were doing well, and everything seemed to be headed in the right direction.

And then we imploded. Hard. We won five out of the last twenty-one regular season fixtures, and one out of the last twelve. We started dropping like rocks on the tables, and didn't miss out on the playoffs altogether just because of the huge lead we'd built in the early season. Our defense turned into a joke and our attack into the footballing equivalent of those fake guns you get at fairs and carnivals to win plushies with, ie completely unreliable. Oh, and we crashed out of the US Open Cup at the very first opportunity, in an admittedly quite unlucky away draw to Dallas. In the end we finished 9th overall and 5th in our conference, which didn't exactly fill me with hope for the playoffs. We salvaged a lucky win in the Wild Card stage against Dallas, but Colorado were just too much for us, even though we did have our chances. Worse, no CONCACAF Champions League entry for us, not even close, so we're exactly where we were one year ago regarding the challenge.

Roster

As mentioned, we managed to fill up our roster much better for this year, with adequate (on paper) cover for all positions. In the end, though, most of the rotation and backup players we brought in ended up disappointing and falling out of the rotation entirely, so it came to the starters to deliver the goods. Of course, that also meant that once the form of those starters went to hell, there was no one reliable enough to pick up the slack, and so we entered the vicious circle that led to our eventual failure to impress. Regardless, there were some solid performances overall, particularly in midfield and attack, but our defense was the most absolute of shambles for the most part. I don't think I've ever managed a team that gave up so many stupid penalties in a single season...

We made two big money signings for the season, and both ended up being both the best players of the squad and, simultaneously, the main reason for our failure. Sandro came from Everton after a long career in the Premier League, and his early performances put him as one of the best players in the MLS, if not the best. Then he suddenly went from amazing to unreliable, and finally to a complete liability. He still had rare flashes of genius that made me keep playing him, but in the end he was a ghost of his early season self. His physical drop might have something to do with that, since he was played mostly on the wing, and I'll have to figure a way to keep him involved come the next season. He was still the joint best goal provider in the MLS, though, which speaks volumes of how good he was at first. Our other big purchase was Josh Sargent, American international who'd spent most of his career in Germany and Spain. He came late in the summer, and despite getting dragged in the general disastrous ambience around him, he looked quite solid upfront. I'll be relying on him next year to provide the goals for us.

Assuming I'm still here next year, of course... The MLS and its way too many weird rules aren't sitting too well with me, and staying in LAFC feels like it'll become another Changchun in my career, so if the right position opens up in the following months I'll be sure to go for it. Mexico would be the ideal destination (already failed an interview with AmƩrica), but I'm open to any top South American squad that wants me.

No news in the international front once again, by the way. The Euros did bring some interesting openings, and Denmark did come knocking after I applied to them all, but I decided to wait for Belgium or Sweden, which looked like better options to actually win stuff in the short term. Neither picked me, so in the end I was left nationless once again. Sigh. Let's hope either Mexico or the US fail hard in the 2029 Gold Cup, otherwise it's time to wait for the WC qualifiers or the Confed Cup...

SeasonĀ Ā  TeamĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  LeagueĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Cup1Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Cup2Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ContinentalĀ Ā Ā  WorldĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  OtherĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Notes
=====================================================================================================================================================================================
2018Ā Ā Ā Ā  SelangorĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  2ndĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  3rd roundĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā  Group Stg.Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Joined in the offseason. National C license.
2019Ā Ā Ā Ā  SelangorĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  1stĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  East PlayoffĀ Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Domestic treble! Manager of the Year. National B and A licenses.
2020/21Ā  Melbourne CityĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  1st/WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  2nd roundĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Group StageĀ Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Joined in the offseason. Manager of the Year. Continental C and B licenses.
2021Ā Ā Ā Ā  ChangchunĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  7thĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  QFĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Joined in July, 7th, 11 games remaining.
2022Ā Ā Ā Ā  ChangchunĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  4thĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Continental A license. Qualified to ACL through cup win.
2023Ā Ā Ā Ā  ChangchunĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  3rdĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Group StageĀ Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Super Cup WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā  Continental Pro license. Entered Asian HoF.
2024Ā Ā Ā Ā  ChangchunĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ---Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ---Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Group StageĀ Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Super Cup WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā  Left in June for Hebei with the team 3rd in the league.
Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Hebei CFFCĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  2ndĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Joined with team 15th, expected top half.
2025Ā Ā Ā Ā  Hebei CFFCĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  2ndĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  FinalistsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  3rdĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Super Cup WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā  ACL champions!
2025/26Ā  Kaizer ChiefsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  3rdĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  QFĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  In progressĀ Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Joined in March.
2026/27Ā  Kaizer ChiefsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  1stĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WinnersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  5thĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  CAF Super Cup WinnersĀ  CAF CL champions! Quintuple!
2027Ā Ā Ā Ā  Los Angeles FCĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  23rdĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ---Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Yes, 23rd.
2028Ā Ā Ā Ā  Los Angeles FcĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  9th/CSFĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  4th roundĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  

SeasonĀ Ā  NationĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ContinentalĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WorldĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Final rankingĀ Ā Ā  Notes
======================================================================================================================================================================
2023Ā Ā Ā Ā  Japan/CameroonĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  74th/27thĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Qualified for ANC.
2024Ā Ā Ā Ā  CameroonĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  QFĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  32ndĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Qualified for ACoN.
2025Ā Ā Ā Ā  CameroonĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  QFĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  41stĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Sacked after ACoN.
Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  NigeriaĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  26thĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Joined after ACoN. Qualified for ANC and WC.
2026Ā Ā Ā Ā  NigeriaĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  3rdĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  QFĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  21stĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Qualified for ACoN.
2027Ā Ā Ā Ā  NigeriaĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  1stĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  22ndĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ACoN champions! Resigned afterwards. No new job so far.
2028Ā Ā Ā Ā  N/AĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues (Liga Super Malaysia 2019, Hyundai A-League 2020/21, ABSA Premiership 2026/27)
3/10 domestic cups (Piala FA (Malaysia) 2019, Chinese FA Cup 2022-2023-2024, Telkom Knockout (S.Africa) 2026/27)
2/5 club continental championships (Asian Champions League 2025, CAF Champions League 2026)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa Cup of Nations 2027)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Other titles

Piala Malaysia (2019)
Chinese FA Super Cup (2023-2024-2025)
CAF Super Cup (2027)
Nedbank Cup (2026-27)

2 hours ago, TheFMNewgen said:

Decided to give this challenge a go.

Below is to show I've not disabled attribute masking and also prevented use of editor.

TDfbSJy.png

Here is my manager profile

image.thumb.png.8031c0c2d42eb770cea194c731dbe4c9.png

And afterĀ  months of simming I've eventually got a job.

Image result for felcra fc

I'm starting in Malaysia with 2nd tier sideĀ Federal Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority Football Club,or Felcra FC as FM knows them!

I've taken then job right at the end of the first season, we have 2 games to go and are 9th, we need 1 points to make sure we don't get relegated.

Ā 

Sorry to have to point out your manager's too old. Needs to be 20 (or 19) at start of challenge. I've put it in bold in first post now.

Guangzhou.png.b032782ac1b5b95359b69113569ee996.png

Season 2024 Guangzhou

After winning the title in my first 13 games last season it left me with just the cup and champions league to target this year. Well this turned out to be one of the best seasons I've had on any FM. We didn't spend a lot on transfers, just enough to help make the squad feel like my own. We, as I always do, targeted talented young players rather than the ageing stars you usually find in China. With that in mind we had a slow start as we struggled to break teams down as well as juggling the champions league games. Eventually we stopped drawing games and started winning, opening up a lead at the top that was never threatened and we won the league by 16 points and remained undefeated. However I'm happiest with the fact we only conceded 9 goals all season.

In the cup we had a comfortable route to the final and won it easily. In the champions league we were pretty untroubled on route to the final and a 2-1 away win in the first leg made the 2nd a mere formality and we had a treble for the season. This meant we had my first shot at the Club World Cup, we made it to the semi's but extra time was too much for us as Flamengo won. We did end up 3rd.

That's me done domestically in China and the only game I lost as manager of Guangzhou was the Club World Cup semi final. A 69 game unbeaten run. Nice ;)Ā 

Internationally I had a short spell with Wales

wales.jpg.c4ae998a0abeba777704fcb57e14ced0.jpg

Took over just before a playoff for the Euros's. We drew Montenegro at home and a nice 3-1 win saw us to the playoff final away to Austria. A battling 0-0 draw saw it go to pens and we kept our cool to win 5-3 and make the European Cup finals of 2024

Euro's

Group Stage

Spoiler

Wales 0-1 Netherlands - a tough start against a a good Dutch side. We held our own though which gave me confidence

Albania 1-0 Wales - this really annoyed , we battered them but couldn't break through before they grabbed a 91st minute winner leaving us on the brink of going out

Romania 0-1 Wales - at last a win. harry Wilson's goal saw us finally get a win and meant we ended up 3rd in the group and just about scrape through to the next round

2nd round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Wales 1-0 Italy - well this was a bloody shock! I expected to be battered but a blockbuster from Tyler Roberts saw us somehow beat Italy and set up 1/4 final match

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Wales 2-3 England - so close, we nearly had them. 1 up at HT but also a man down. with 15 to go we were 2-1 up but 2 goals in 8 mins from Kane and Sancho knocked us out. It was a good run

Semi final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ā 

Final/3rd place playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ā 

Aftermath

Left wales and am currently waiting for a decent international post to appear.

Career Progress

2022/23 Orlando Pirates		South Africa	Premier League  1st 		League & Champions League winners
2023	Guangzhou Evergrande	China		CSL		1st 		Took over with 13 games to go. Won league
2024	Guangzhou Evergrande	China		CSL		1st 		Won league, cup and champions league

International

2024		Wales		Qualified for Euroā€™s

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (2023 South Africa ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2023 China ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande)
2/10 domestic cups (2021 Telkom Cup ā€“ Tshakuma, 2024 Chinese Cup ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande)
2/5 club continental championships (2023 African Champions League ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2024 Asian Champions League ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

Ā 

Season				Club				League 	Cups
									1	2	Cont	World
2018 		CHI	Zhejiang Yiteng				11th			
2019		CHI	Zhejiang Yiteng	(2nd Tier)		1st	
2020		CHI	Zhejiang Yiteng				8th	
2020		CHI	Shanghai Shanggang			2nd 				
2021		CHI	Shanghai Shanggang			1st	Won		Won	 
2022		CHI	Shanghai Shanggang			Super Cup Win							
2021-22		FRA	LOSC Lille				N/A
2022-23		FRA	LOSC Lille				3rd 	Won	Won	
2023-24		FRA	PSG					1st	Won	Won		TrophƩe des Champions Won
2024-25		MEX	CD Guadalajara
2024-25		ITA	Juventus				3rd
2025-26		ITA 	Juventus				1st 					Sacked
2026-27		POR	FC Porto				1st 	Won	Won	Won

National:
2020		Morocco		
2021		Morocco		AFCON Runners Up
2021 		Senegal
2022		Senegal
2023		France		Nations League Win
2024		France		Euros Runners Up

Challenge Progress
8/33
Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (China, France, Portugal)
2/10 domestic cups (China, France, Portugal)
2/5 club continental championships (Asian, Europe)
International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

Edited by MattCompton

Started this one as I could manage in a bunch of obscure countries. I've been in a hiatus FM-wise so we'll see how long this lasts. I'll be playing FMT.

I've started with the following leagues loaded: Australia, Chile, China, Columbia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea,Ā Uruguay

Danilo BandiniĀ heads to the first team that offered him a job.

Selangor from the Malaysian Super League. The most winning team in Malaysia. Time to bring back that to the club.

I took over with 2 games to go. And we ended up 5th in the League.

I managed to win my first trophy as we won theĀ Malaysia CupĀ after the season ended. Beating Johor DT in the semifinal.

All in all a goodĀ Season.

Off to strengthening the squad to be able to topple Johor DT in a couple of years :-)

Edited by Muggert

Selangor - Malaysian Super League

Super cup: Winners! -Ā League: Winners! - FA Cup: Winners! Malaysia cup: Quarterfinal

A great season in the books. Unfortunately we had bad luck in the Malaysia Cup and we lost our chance at a perfect season

Squad

Key players:Ā AMRL NyassiĀ -Ā M/AMC Joseph KalangĀ -Ā MC Kang Seung-Jo

Joseph Kalang has been crucial to our succes. Generally our Malaysian players have been doing well. DL Kannan, DC Mohd Sas and AMRL Safari especially.

We'll be replacing Kang Seung-Jo as he is not interested in renewing hos contract

New season

Well... Not much left to win here in Malaysia. I'll try to find a job in a higher league with a better chance at winning a Champions League. If not I'll hunt a few more trophies with Selangor

Career Progress

Spoiler
Season Team League Finish Cup 1 Cup 2 Contin Notes
2018 Selangor Malaysian Super League 5th Ā  Win Ā  Took over with 2 games to go in 6th
2019 Selangor Malaysian Super League Win Win QF Ā  Ā 

Challenge progress

Spoiler

Challenge Progress
Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (Malaysia)
1/10 domestic cups (Malaysia)
International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

Edited by Muggert

LAFC.jpg.4cad3a9a17c4fd7029d02ab91f57d299.jpg

Season 2025

So my first season in LA, took over just before pre-season for the new season so loads of time to set the team up. We were predicted 5th so it wasn't a squad set up like my previous job ready to conquer. With the mental MLS transfer rules that I have never been able to get my head around no matter how many times I manage here I left my transfers to my DoF and safe to say he did a decent job. We started the season with a 2-0 home defeat to Atlanta and I was getting ready for a long season. We won the next 6 straight to settle me down. The season came down to a battle between us and Sporting City Kansas and when they beat us (to complete a double over us) they would win 9 in a row going into the final day 2 points clear of us but they slipped up while we won to snatch the Western Conference by a point. This also meant we won the Supporters Shield by the same margin from the same side.

In the playoffs we had a bye to the semi finals where we would play San Jose and a comfortable 2-0 win had us in the final against a Portland side that shocked Kansas in the semi final. A tight match ended 1-1 and it was penalties where we held our nerve to win 5-3. In the MLS final we would play Columbus Crew who finished 2nd in the Eastern conference. Another tight affair and it was Moussa Dembele off the bench while carrying an injury who popped up with a rocket from 20 yards to win us the trophy.

In the US Cup we had a shocker. We had LA Galaxy 2 and had a men sent off before the break and went on to concede a goal in the 91st minute before losing on penalties. This really annoyed me as not only did we lose to a MLS 2nd side it was our local rivals 2nd team.Ā 

Career Progress

2024	Guangzhou Evergrande	China		CSL		1st 		Won league, cup and champions league
2025	LAFC			USA		MLS		1st 		Won supporters shield and MLS Cup

International

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (2023 South Africa ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2023 China ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande, 2025 USA - LAFC)
2/10 domestic cups (2021 Telkom Cup ā€“ Tshakuma, 2024 Chinese Cup ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande)
2/5 club continental championships (2023 African Champions League ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2024 Asian Champions League ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Halfway through next season is the 2026 World Cup so am hoping for a good international job off the back of that. Hoping for a big country that I can do a whole 4 year world cup cycle with.

Selangor - Malaysian Super League - 2020

Super cup: Winners!Ā -Ā League:Ā Winners!Ā - FA Cup: 2nd RndĀ Malaysia cup:Ā QFinal

After a disappointing middle of the season that saw us knocked out of the FA Cup extremely early, we went on a great run with 16 straight wins. Malaysia cup was a disappointment. We dominted both legs but could get it done.

SQUAD

Key players:Ā DR NamavethanĀ -Ā AM RL Sanna NyassiĀ -Ā DC Taylor Regan

Joseph Kalang has been crucial to our succes. Generally our Malaysian players have been doing well. DL Kannan, DC Mohd Sas and AMRL Safari especially.

A overhaul of our foreign players will happen this offseason. Osei and our Japanese GK will seek new pastures.

New season

I've tried to get a new job... Not much luck. If we do not get into the Champions League group stage I will probably quit. I'm unlocked the International management in another game and hope this will be accepted for this game as well :-)

Career Progress

Spoiler
Season Team League Finish Cup 1 Cup 2 Contin SuperCup Notes
2018 Selangor Malaysian Super League 5th Ā  Win Ā  Ā  Took over with 2 games to go in 6th place
2019 Selangor Malaysian Super League Win Win QF Ā  Win Ā 
2020 Selangor Malaysian Super League Win 2nd QF Playoff Win Ā 

Challenge progress

Spoiler

Challenge Progress
Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (Malaysia)
1/10 domestic cups (Malaysia)
International
0/2 world tournaments ()
Other - 2
Maylaysian Super Cup, Malaysian Cup
Edited by Muggert

LAFC.jpg.4cad3a9a17c4fd7029d02ab91f57d299.jpg

Season 2026 - LAFC

Ā 

After winning the title last season I planned to dominate this year. It did not go to plan. First half of the season we were very good but around the summer time we just stopped playing well, think it was the volume of games. We played 50 games this season and for a squad of our size (just 25 players) it was too much, playing during the world cup also didn't help nor did the injuries. These are all excuses though and the truth was I think I overestimated how good our squad was. In the run in we didn't win a single game ofĀ our last 7 (6 draws) which meant we finished 3rd in the conference and 8th overall. This run of form lead to lots of speculation about my job. In the playoffs we beat Seattle 2-0 and looked good for the first time in 3 months. In the Semi final we played Houston and had a man sent off after 13 mins and another after 65 mins and lost 2-0. This lead to a board meeting where we "agreed" I should resign. Not how I wanted this spell to end.

What made the above even more annoying was the reasons we played so many games this yearĀ  -our run in the cups. In the US Open CupĀ we had a good run and played New England in the final during our poor league form. We ignored the poor form to win 2-0. We also had a good run in the North American Champions League where we made it to the final and played America from Mexico who were looking for their 4th straight title. We got a 0-0 draw away before also drawing the home game 0-0 meaning extra time. The sides woke up and we shared 4 goals with them to run out 3-1 winners to give us a double. We also played in and won the Campeones Cup for whatever it's worth to give us a cup treble and a sacking. What a season.

During the season I got very close to the Boca Jrs job (bookies and fans had me down for the job) but they went elsewhere. Also after the World Cup I got none of the international jobs I went for and I really need to get back on that international treadmill soon. So for now I'm off to hope someone losses their job soon.

Career Progress

2026	LAFC			USA		MLS		8th 		Won champions league and cup

International

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (2023 South Africa ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2023 China ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande, 2025 USA - LAFC)
3/10 domestic cups (2021 Telkom Cup ā€“ Tshakuma, 2024 Chinese Cup ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande, 2026 US Open Cup - LAFC)
3/5 club continental championships (2023 African Champions League ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2024 Asian Champions League ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande, 2026 North American Champions League - LAFC)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

So after leaving LAFC I had to wait 4 or so months for a new job

.Ā 

Ā 

220px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo_svg.png.af1f600911986029cbd2da7899c39ebf.png

Season 2026/27 - Borussia Dortmund

Ā 

A real heavyweight of the footballing world. They had just been knocked out of the Europa League when they sacked Rafa Benitez and lying in 5th place in the league. I had 8 games to try and get into the top 3 and a Champions League place. We started well b y winning our first 3 games but in the final 5 we just couldn't score. Only 2 goals for us as we drew 3 and lost 2 and staying in 5th place. We also had a Cup 1/4 final to play but a mistake from our keeper meant Leverkusen advanced instead of us.

Ā 

The club has a philosophy of singing young players for the first team which is right up my street but the squad I have is full of ageing players on large deals so this summer will be a revolution in the transfer market as we move many players on. In club looks like it can be a real project for me over the next 3 or 4 seasons and that's the plan. Have to make sure we get back into the Champions League next season though.

Career Progress

2026	LAFC			USA		MLS		8th 		won champions league and cup
2026/27 Borussia Dortmund	GER		Bundesliga	5th	 	took over in 5th with 8 games to go

International

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 domestic cups (2021 Telkom Cup ā€“ Tshakuma, 2024 Chinese Cup ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande, 2026 US Open Cup - LAFC)
3/5 club continental championships (2023 African Champions League ā€“ Orlando Pirates, 2024 Asian Champions League ā€“ Guangzhou Evergrande, 2026 North American Champions League - LAFC)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Hopefully a longer update next season :DĀ 

It's been a while since I've been able to get an update, as I've not played for a while, but what a couple of seasons for Sporting Lisbon!Ā 

I took over with them having just won the Europa League, and I signed a young French striker who would fires Sporting to their first league title for over 40 years. I got through a tough CL group stage but lost on away goals to Man City in the first knock out round, whilst losing disappointingly in both domestic cups. Meanwhile for France, I won the Nations League B group to get promoted to the A groups.

The previous battle with Man City was a source of inspiration, as they have dominated England and I took them to the brink with my group of young players, and the following season I led an all out assault on Portuguese football, completing the domestic quadruple whilst also taking a Kylian Mbappe inspired France to European Championship glory defeating holders England in the Semi Final, before dispatching Ukraine comfortably in the final 3-0.Ā 

Having achieved all I can do at Sporting, and with a squad of players who should be playing at far bigger clubs, I resigned and was quickly snapped up by Bayern, who've been lagging behind Dortmund in recent years in the Bundesliga.

Notable occurrences:

> Man City won the league despite being docked 5 points for FFP

> An English club has been in the Champs League final for 9 of the last 10 years.

> Leicester have been taken over by a tycoon and in the 2 seasons since, have spent 300 million on players and won the Europa League.

Ā 

I'm hoping to do a one stop shop with Bayern and tick the league and cup off the list, before moving on to a club that can be more of a two or three year project like Sporting and Jeju have been.

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues -Ā Singapore S-League 19/20 (Home Utd), K-League 2023,2024,2025 (Jeju), Portugal Liga NOS 26/27, 27/28 (Sporting Lisbon)

3/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19 (Home Utd), KFA Cup 2025 (Jeju), Taca de Portugal Placard 27/28 (Sporting)

1/5 club continental championships - AFC Champions League 2025 (Jeju)

0/1 club world championshipĀ 

International

1/5 continental tournaments ā€“ Euro 2028 (France)

0/2 world tournamentsĀ 

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)

AFC Cup 19/20 (Home United)

Hyundai A-League (Regular Season) 2020/21 (Melbourne Victory)

U23 Asian Games w/ South Korea 2022

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand 2023

Taca de Liga Portugal 2027/28 (Sporting)

Supertaca Candido de Oliveira 27/28 (Sporting)

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 15.59.18.png

I typed the complete season review and it wouldn't upload so I lost it. A brief review without screenshots

I won the championship and the Super Cup in 2021 with Selangor. We managed to squeeze into the AFC ChL group stage and managed to get 3 draws. We lost the FA cup final in a game we dominated.

All in all a good season. We signed a great young prodigy inĀ AMR Saleh. A Malaysian player with quality is hard to find in a foreign player driven league.

After the season I resigned. Time to move on to greater pastures in a higher league.

Career Progress

Spoiler
2018 Selangor Malaysian Super League 5th Ā  Win Ā  Ā  Took over with 2 games to go in 6th place
2021 Selangor Malaysian Super League Win RU SF GS Win Resigned after the season

Challenge progress

Spoiler
Club Ā  Ā 
1/10 Top Domestic Leagues Malaysia(Selangor)
1/10 Domestic Cups Malaysia(Selangor)
0/5 Continental Championships Ā 
0/1 Club World championship Ā 
International Ā  Ā 
0/2 World Tournamanents Ā 
Other Ā  Ā 
2 Malaysian Super Cup Selangor
Ā  Malaysia Cup Selangor

Ā 

Edited by Muggert

FC Seoul - South Korean K League 2Ā - 2022

League:Ā Winners!Ā - FA Cup:Ā Winners!

I didn't expect to have this immediate success in South Korea. I expected a league win, and it was never close. We started off 25 matches unbeaten and then we hit fixture congestion and lost a bunch late in the season.

We had a great great cup run. Beating 3 K League 1 teams on the way. What's even better is that we dominated all of them in possesion and shots. Bodes well for next season. Also this means we'll be playing the Champions League next year!

SQUAD

Key players:Ā DL Yong-HoĀ -Ā AMCL SavioĀ -Ā DC Min-Chul

Generally good performances by everybody. We managed to get gametime for many of our youngsters and some of them emerged as regulars as the season went on. 4 of our 5 in the GK/D department are 20 or younger. Looks like the foundation is set.

New season

Might be too early to dream about the Champions League and a Championship, but I believe we will fight for a new Champions League spot either through the cup or through the league. Needless to say my reputation gained a lot in the past year. Might be a perfect time to take on a national team.

Career Progress

Spoiler
2022 FC Seoul South Korean K League 2 Win Win Ā  Ā  Ā  Took over to start the season

Challenge Progress

Spoiler
Club Ā  Ā 
2/10 Domestic Cups Malaysia(Selangor), South Korea(FC Seoul)
International Ā  Ā 
Other Ā  Ā 
Ā  Malaysia Cup Selangor

Ā 

Edited by Muggert

220px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo_svg.png.af1f600911986029cbd2da7899c39ebf.png

Season 2027/28 - Borussia Dortmund

Ā 

After my short spell and the tale end of last season this was my first season at the club. I went about my business of reshaping the squad as you can see with the transfers. We spend a load but also raised lots and actually lowered the wage bill and average age of the squad. Very happy with that. The league went well, we ended up 2nd 7 points off of Bayern but it could and should have been much closer. it took me the best part of 3 months to find my best team and we had a slow start to the season. Once I did though we went 20 games unbeaten and got to within 4 points of Bayern and we played Schalke early with a chance to go to a point of them and pressure them, this was of course where we would lose our unbeaten run. Typical. I have high hopes for next season though.

The cups went ok but could have been better. In Europa I played back up players in every game to save the first team for the league (as Europa isn't a concern for this challenge) and we had a good run till Napoli proved a bit too much for us. In the German cup we were really good and unlucky to lose the semi to RBL. We hammered them with 30 shots to their 5 but all our forwards had off days. We played against 10 men for mist of extra time and even had a pen to win it after 118 mins - which was of course saved.Ā 

So overall not a bad season but one in which we came pretty close. A nearly season if you will.

Career Progress

2022/23 Orlando Pirates		South Africa	Premier League  1st 		League & Champions League winners
2026	LAFC			USA		MLS		8th 		won champions league and cup
2026/27 Borussia Dortmund	GER		Bundesliga	5th 		Took over in 5th with 8 games to go
2027/28 Borussia Dortmuns	GER		Bundesliga	2nd 	

International

Challenge Progress

Club

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Ā 

Files corrupted for my previous save; makes me sad, but I wasn't feeling it so much after I left China.

Ā 

Meet Claudia, she will be my manager for the foreseeable future as a I try to pick back up from where I ended.

newnewnewclaudia.PNG

Ā 

Image result for aberystwyth town

Ā Aberstwyth TownĀ - 2018/19Ā Report

I've writen this twice already, and both times it has deleted itself. Hope this one goes better.

First job: first success story.

I joined Aberystwyth Town who were predicted to finish 6th, but they are a team that starts off with a 5 star leading striker and goalkeeper, so all I had to do was improve the team with a decent defense and midfield. I managed to climb up the table to 3rd, and in the final few games of the season won 2nd place by a single point. Unfortaunely, I was knocked out of the league cup, but was able to win the FA cup on penalties. I would have stuck with the club who are now qualified for Europa League, but because we are hemorrhaging money I decided to leave. Overall, a good start. I am looking forward to what comes next.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018     Aberystwyth Town     Wales            Premier League     2nd                Winner!          1st Round            -             National CBA Badge
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         NA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Leagues
 1/10  Top Domestic Cups (Wales)
 0/5   Continentals Cups 
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments 
 0/2   World Tournaments 

Screenshots below.

Ā 

resign.PNG

cup2.PNG

cup1.PNG

Edited by CaesarXI

FC Seoul - South Korean K League 2Ā - 2023

League:Ā Runners upĀ - FA Cup:Ā QuarterfinalĀ - Champions League:Ā 2nd Rnd

We started of showcasing a team not ready to fight on multiple fronts. Our fixture congestion in the Champions League meant we were 1-7-3 in the league. Including an abysmal 6-1 dismantling by later winners Ulsan. We played great in the ChL but weren't effective enough and lost in an uneven game. After we got knocked out we went on a 9-game winning streak and we managed to squeeze into continental competition. All in all a good season, but our goal was the champions league, and we fell way short.

SQUAD

Key players:Ā AML Bae-JoongĀ -Ā DR Ji-HoĀ -Ā ST Hyun-Woo

A good mix of youngsters and veteran players. The addition of talented youngster Hyun-Woo seemed great, but we never managed to get the best out of him.

New season

We need to build a new tactic getting the most out of talented Hyun-Woo. He's a goal-a-game kinda guy. I'm still on the lookout for a club with an immediate chance at a Champions League trophy, but untill they come calling I'm content at Seoul.

Ghana

I'm not gonna comment too much on this yet. I've managed a single friendly against Turkey

New season

Our World Cup qualifier group consist Cave Verde, Benin and Senegal. Needless to say we need to be at our best in the games against Senegal.

Career Progress

Spoiler
2022 FC Seoul South Korean K League 2 Win Win Ā  Ā  Ā  Took over to start the season, Promotion
2023 FC Seoul South Korean K League 1 Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  ĀØ

Challenge Progress

Spoiler
Club Ā  Ā 
2/10 Domestic Cups Malaysia(Selangor), South Korea(FC Seoul)
International Ā  Ā 
Other Ā  Ā 
Ā  Malaysia Cup Selangor

Ā