Thread for Italian Football 15/16

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think 17 league goals is ever "quite poor."

Below expectations? Sure. But poor? Nah.

He has passed that with ease this seaon. With the quality of players they have and the domination they have, that really is poor imo. Costa was said to have gone on a dip towards end of last season yet he got 20 goals in 24 starts in a much stronger league.

I don't understand how he spent all summer offering Nagatomo and Di Ambrosio out to anyone that would take them, indicating that Montoya and Santon were he preferred pair. Then in January he ships Montoya out and tries to offload Santon. Ridiculous. Always liked Santon, should never ship him out, even just for the fact he is home grown. I'm genuinely concerned that Mancio will force Icardi out the club, ridiculous

It's just Mancini, he's one of us, as in FM players.

Shaqiri - brought in and benched within a couple of months.

Podolski - same.

Kovačić traded for Kondogbia who has rotation status at best. Biggest signing in years completely ruined by Mancini.

And then there are the amazing rotations of players not playing in months, just to start very important games, like Santon in the derby.

Full back status:

Montoya - defensive disaster. Didn't play in months then he gets 3 games in a row. Benched again after that and sent back to Primera.

Santon - lethargic and bad. HG player, but he should go, offers nothing. He plays like he's 50yo.

Nagatomo- every year the first thing I do when FM releases is selling him. Ticking bomb, you never know when he's gonna have a meltdown and cost you the game. His best spell was under Mazzari in 3-5-2 formation.

Juan - he played a lot as LB this year and he's done well. Except for the fact that he's useless in attacking phase.

Telles - By far the best Inter's fullback this season, solid player in every aspect on the game and the youngest, so he has potential to be great. But then you have to ask Mancini why isn't Telles playing every game.

D'Ambrosio - decent player, can play both flanks and even in the centre. Good backup, useless in attack.

Mancini doesn't wanna get rid of Icardi, he's just a spineless c**t that has to blame his players after every game and never admits his mistakes.

Mazzari's system was terrible, but at least he has one. This thing we're witnessing under Mancini isn't a system, it's like 10 random people sent on the field. And god Handanović behind them to save Mancio's ass every other game.

It's pretty obvious that 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 will never work. Melo and Medel are incapable of playing together. I'd say Medel is completely incapable of anything that resembles football, he's more of a rugby player if you ask me.

Brozović and Kodnogbia played badly whenever they were paired with one of those two as central midfielders in 4-2-3-1.

It just can't be a coincidence that every player in the squad is playing badly under Mancini.

Oh well, the best thing that we can hope for is him getting 3rd by some miracle and getting the national team job after EURO.

Then hope for The Father to come back or even Simeone by some miracle, who has already said he'd like to manage Inter one day.

Another realistic option that would do great imo is Favre.

Just looked at the top scorers list. Massimo Maccarone still going strong :D

As he said the other day, he'd have more chance of getting in this Milan squad than when he was 20.

Big Mac is a legend.

It's just Mancini, he's one of us, as in FM players.

Shaqiri - brought in and benched within a couple of months.

Podolski - same.

Kovačić traded for Kondogbia who has rotation status at best. Biggest signing in years completely ruined by Mancini.

And then there are the amazing rotations of players not playing in months, just to start very important games, like Santon in the derby.

Full back status:

Montoya - defensive disaster. Didn't play in months then he gets 3 games in a row. Benched again after that and sent back to Primera.

Santon - lethargic and bad. HG player, but he should go, offers nothing. He plays like he's 50yo.

Nagatomo- every year the first thing I do when FM releases is selling him. Ticking bomb, you never know when he's gonna have a meltdown and cost you the game. His best spell was under Mazzari in 3-5-2 formation.

Juan - he played a lot as LB this year and he's done well. Except for the fact that he's useless in attacking phase.

Telles - By far the best Inter's fullback this season, solid player in every aspect on the game and the youngest, so he has potential to be great. But then you have to ask Mancini why isn't Telles playing every game.

D'Ambrosio - decent player, can play both flanks and even in the centre. Good backup, useless in attack.

Mancini doesn't wanna get rid of Icardi, he's just a spineless c**t that has to blame his players after every game and never admits his mistakes.

Mazzari's system was terrible, but at least he has one. This thing we're witnessing under Mancini isn't a system, it's like 10 random people sent on the field. And god Handanović behind them to save Mancio's ass every other game.

It's pretty obvious that 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 will never work. Melo and Medel are incapable of playing together. I'd say Medel is completely incapable of anything that resembles football, he's more of a rugby player if you ask me.

Brozović and Kodnogbia played badly whenever they were paired with one of those two as central midfielders in 4-2-3-1.

It just can't be a coincidence that every player in the squad is playing badly under Mancini.

Oh well, the best thing that we can hope for is him getting 3rd by some miracle and getting the national team job after EURO.

Then hope for The Father to come back or even Simeone by some miracle, who has already said he'd like to manage Inter one day.

Another realistic option that would do great imo is Favre.

The management of young players at Inter has been terrible for years. No reason to get rid of promising youths like Caldirola, Donati or Benassi and replace them with cloggers. I do like Telles, think he has done well. Mancio has a ridiculous rotation policy that seems to prevent the best performing players getting time on the pitch.

I thought he had done ok in his last spell at the club, now I'm not sure he has a clue what he is doing

Yea, he's done really f**king great in his last spell. Vieri, Adriano, Martins, Cruz, Recoba, Figo upfront and he hoped for them to make something out of nothing every game.

Then he suddenly got by far the strongest team in he league and barely won the title in the second season after calciopoli, with injured Ibra saving his ass when he came on the pitch in 60th minute against Parma that got relegated.

In Europe he got knocked out by Villarreal and Valencia, Liverpool after that.

Just look at today's game ffs. 2 corners and one corner-like set-piece and 3 goals conceded. Eder being invisible for 90 minutes and he brings Ljajić, only creative player in 90th minute.

He has only 4 midfielders now. Two of them being Medel and Melo. But it's important to buy another striker every transfer window.

Whatta damn clown.

I guess preparation for another year zero begins.

Also, still winless in games they get behind.

Yea, he's done really f**king great in his last spell. Vieri, Adriano, Martins, Cruz, Recoba, Figo upfront and he hoped for them to make something out of nothing every game.

Then he suddenly got by far the strongest team in he league and barely won the title in the second season after calciopoli, with injured Ibra saving his ass when he came on the pitch in 60th minute against Parma that got relegated.

In Europe he got knocked out by Villarreal and Valencia, Liverpool after that.

Just look at today's game ffs. 2 corners and one corner-like set-piece and 3 goals conceded. Eder being invisible for 90 minutes and he brings Ljajić, only creative player in 90th minute.

He has only 4 midfielders now. Two of them being Medel and Melo. But it's important to buy another striker every transfer window.

Whatta damn clown.

I guess preparation for another year zero begins.

Also, still winless in games they get behind.

Just awful. He's like an overactive kid, he cannot decide on a team!

Routine win for Juve one would say.

Napoli didn't have the courage to try and win it in the last 10mins.

4 points win btw, because Juve now has better h2h.

Still, there's a lot to be played, nothing's over.

For tonight, I expect Mancini to get some lucky win in his typical style and start talking about tactic, even tho he has no clue what he's doing.

Also, with 15 wins in a row, Juve is 2 wins away from Inters 17 wins in a row record from 06/07.

And Juve-Inter is in two weeks.

Don't think Juventus deserved to win at all. Napoli were slightly the better side, but there was a lack of ambition for certain. I think Napoli have to not let this get to them, the next game is against a Milan side who are very tricky to play right now. Have to pretend last night's game never happened, and keep winning games.

Also, Juventus does have the head to head, Napoli won 2-1 at home and Juventus won 1-0 at home. Juventus have the away goal then, if I understand the rules correctly.

Garbage refereeing.

Borja wasn't offside, but 3 other players were, and they certainly didn't show any signs of "not wanting to participate" because they're in offside. And at the time of the cross, both assistant referee and the defenders have to know they're not trying to actively participate.

And now clear penalty not given for Fiorentina.

Also, some ridiculous yellow cards early on in the match for inter.

Referees in calcio have never been worse, it's this bad whole season long.

As for the game, completely expected from Mancini.

One goal from one attack basically, hasn't hpapened in a while, and then everyone behind the ball.

70mins in and he's still keeping Ljajić, Jovetić and Perišić on the bench, while it's obvious that Palacio is dead out there and Eder hasn't done anything.

That was Handanovic fault though. A point would not have been bad at all.

What did Zarate get sent off for btw?

Ball bounced right in front of him.

Whatever, point wasn't good enough because next two away games are Juventus and Roma.

After lead on HT it was supposed to be an easy win, but Mancini managed to f*** it up per usual. Lazio, Sassuolo, Carpi and now Fiorentina scoring in 90+.

Highest paid coach in the league, well done Thohir, true premiership-style, overpay for the overrated.

3-3-5 in last 11 games, 3-0 losses to Juve and Milan and he hasn't even given a hint of admitting some of it is his mistake.

That was Handanovic fault though. A point would not have been bad at all.

What did Zarate get sent off for btw?

He kicked the ball away and some of the Inter players weren't satisfied by that and shoved him away. After that he took a kind of stranglehold at Murillo. Idiotic behaviour all around :rolleyes:

Mancini without a bottomless wallet is a useless, if not downright harmful, manager.

He's actually harmful because if Inter doesn't qualify for Cl this season, which probably won't happen now, paying for all the players that haven't been paid for will be extremely hard.

And if Icardi leaves, everyone in the club is an imbecile pretty much.

If you've watched some games, whenever the camera shows Mancini he's really nervous, and that obviously translates to players, and this happens pretty often now.

In two weeks a brutal beatdown will happen.

And he has 0 man managing skills, Ljajić and Jovetić haven't played at all in 4 games now and nothing good can come out of that because it's obvious that Ljajić is the only creative player atm.

It's like deja vu now, exactly the same situation occured after he got knocked out by Liverpool in 2008 and he completely lost it, barely winning the league after throwing away a big lead.

Just to compare when Mourinho had a bad string of games he always put the blame on himself and made it easier for the players, and now Mancini's pointing fingers after every game.

It's worth remembering Mancini only started to win with Inter because of Calciopoli...

Before that, it was more or less the same situation he's currently in... Player coming and going from the Starting XI and from the club as if there was a revolving door, new faces at every transfer session with no clear plan.

It took Mourinho AND a remarkable lack of domestic competition on the market to build a winning side with an identity. And it didn't outlive its creator...

Let's face it: Inter has ALWAYS been a bit of a strange case in Italian football. With the exception of the Mourinho years and Trapattoni's miracle year in 1989, continuity had never been their strong suit, with too much hysteria and too little direction on the pitch and on the market.

To put it bluntly, Mancini is too much of an incompetent primadonna to be a useful manager in a less-than-stellar setup.

I already wrote about it a couple weeks ago I think. It was the same, in 2004-06 period, just that he had one of the best strikers in the world at the time Adriano and a lot of other attacking players that could produce something out of nothing.

In 2005-06 season he also crumbled, losing to Fiorentina and then Juve two games in a row, then against Milan and the bad run continued and he finished like 15 points behind Juve.

Same goes for this Juve then, pretty similar to Mourinho's Inter, they won the 2011-12 title because Inter completely crumbled and Milan also played way worse than the season before. Then the rise started.

Inter's been like that since mid 70s. Some good seasons and that's it. Milan wasn't any better before Berlusconi came.

I'd say the hectic period in Inter came at the start of Moratti's era, he just wanted to replicate his father's succes overnight and spent mad money every season.

The thing is there were 5 other clubs doing the same. 97/98 was stolen from Inter basically, in 2001/02 they lost to Chievo couple games before the end and then Lazio happened.

As for Mancini, he somehow managed to get the managerial spot because Thohir doesn't know anything about football and is typical EPL style foreign president that just wants the business to go well.

And Mancini won't be fired simply because he has a big salary and Inter's still paying Mazzarri, rofl.

He'd be long gone if Inter had the money to fire him.

Inter's playing even worse than last year and Mancini has way stronger squad than Mazzarri did.

Someone like Favre or Bielsa would turn this Inter team into a great team with high pressing and direct attacking.

Silenzio stampa from Inter. I wanted to hear what Mancini has to say so bad.

I already wrote about it a couple weeks ago I think. It was the same, in 2004-06 period, just that he had one of the best strikers in the world at the time Adriano and a lot of other attacking players that could produce something out of nothing.

In 2005-06 season he also crumbled, losing to Fiorentina and then Juve two games in a row, then against Milan and the bad run continued and he finished like 15 points behind Juve.

Same goes for this Juve then, pretty similar to Mourinho's Inter, they won the 2011-12 title because Inter completely crumbled and Milan also played way worse than the season before. Then the rise started.

Inter's been like that since mid 70s. Some good seasons and that's it. Milan wasn't any better before Berlusconi came.

I'd say the hectic period in Inter came at the start of Moratti's era, he just wanted to replicate his father's succes overnight and spent mad money every season.

The thing is there were 5 other clubs doing the same. 97/98 was stolen from Inter basically, in 2001/02 they lost to Chievo couple games before the end and then Lazio happened.

As for Mancini, he somehow managed to get the managerial spot because Thohir doesn't know anything about football and is typical EPL style foreign president that just wants the business to go well.

And Mancini won't be fired simply because he has a big salary and Inter's still paying Mazzarri, rofl.

He'd be long gone if Inter had the money to fire him.

Inter's playing even worse than last year and Mancini has way stronger squad than Mazzarri did.

Someone like Favre or Bielsa would turn this Inter team into a great team with high pressing and direct attacking.

Silenzio stampa from Inter. I wanted to hear what Mancini has to say so bad.

Bielsa would create an awesome team that would dominate till Xmas then fall away. He's not suited to long seasons, he works the players too hard Complete fantasy football would probably see Simeone come in but I don't think that it will realistically happen

Simeone said himself he wants to manage Inter and Argentina at some point.

I don't think he's going anywhere from Atletico yet, tho.

Ranieri was also always marked as a loser up until now and look what he's done with average Leicester team.

Yes, average. 2-3 great players, some overperformers and some one season wonders.

They're not beating Milan.
Napoli always beats big three on San Paolo. Unless Napoli underperforms, Milan has no chance.

But now you just throw in a random post and you'll come back if Napoli doesn't win and be like "I told you so".

If Napoli wins, you won't post about it again.

:D :D :p

Can see where Gunman is coming from about Mancini a little. Was checking your game with Sampdoria. Although the 3-1 scoreline sounds emphatic, the stats show they dominated the game unless it hides the true story but they had 19 shots compared to your 6 while they completely dominated possession. 2 of Inter's goal came from set pieces IIRC as well. However it is the win that counts. Looking forward to Sunday's game :thup:

2-0. Quite a solid performance at the end. Bonucci with a great volley, Morata with solid skills. Hernanes played well; by no means great, but solid enough.

I would add more fuel for Mancini critics here, but I have to say that he probably should have played 4-3-3. He had Perisic and Eder on the bench. Jovetic is also a fantastic player.

Archived