Thread for Italian Football 15/16

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did the play some of the games today so early? Is it some national holiday in Italy or what?

Sixth of Januray games, played on the Catholic holiday Epiphany or Three Kings (idk how's it called in English really, I suppose that's it) are a tradition, something like boxing day in England. That's a non-working day in Italy so games can start earlier.

This matchday was so predictable for anyone that's following the league more closely. Bologna's picked up some form under Donadoni and Milan's terrible for their standards. It's really sad to watch a club like that embarrass itself. Mihajlović has a lot of blame on him, but there's so much he can do. He can't go on the field and score a goal since Niang and company are so incompetent.

Roma will always be a small team with no winning mentality and having a terrible coach doesn't help, either. On top of that their defense is atrocious, can't win anything with players like Rudiger.

Lazio... not much to say, just that they always manage to play well against Inter. Usual bad performance from them.

Mancini's back to his uno-zero basta ways. I don't think Icardi has missed a chance in last 3 games he played against Udinese, Lazio and Empoli.

Still, Inter really struggles when opposition starts pressuring them and they desperately need a playmaker. Kondogbia played well today, finally showing his potential, but he's no playmaker.

Lol@Sassoon

Typical, he basically scores goals for Frosinone last week and now he has to redeem himself by making couple dozen class saves.

Mancini's at it again. Two subs after 85th minute mark has passed, Palacio coming on before Jovetić, not playing Telles who's been the best left-back whole season long and so on.

But there's one unexplained phenomenon I'll never be able to explain. How can Nagatomo, the worst full-back in history of Inter play in starting 11 under 4 different coaches? He's absolutely atrocious in every aspect of this game we call football.

Yesterday Roma and Milan have shown they'll get nowhere this season, EL spots is their maximum. Unless Roma sacks Garcia and brings in someone instead of Rudiger, who's been garbage in every single game he played. Yea, he scored yesterday, but he's a centre back and he fails at his duties every single game.

Lazio continues in their usual form. Beating favorites and not scoring against likes of Carpi. Fiorentina will go down to EL spots it seems.

Oh well, was a fun season until it lasted. If Juve wins tonight, that's it. Napoli and Inter are too prone to terrible games and have shown that they can't string more than 5 wins in a row like Juve can.

Lol@Sassoon

Typical, he basically scores goals for Frosinone last week and now he has to redeem himself by making couple dozen class saves.

Mancini's at it again. Two subs after 85th minute mark has passed, Palacio coming on before Jovetić, not playing Telles who's been the best left-back whole season long and so on.

But there's one unexplained phenomenon I'll never be able to explain. How can Nagatomo, the worst full-back in history of Inter play in starting 11 under 4 different coaches? He's absolutely atrocious in every aspect of this game we call football.

Yesterday Roma and Milan have shown they'll get nowhere this season, EL spots is their maximum. Unless Roma sacks Garcia and brings in someone instead of Rudiger, who's been garbage in every single game he played. Yea, he scored yesterday, but he's a centre back and he fails at his duties every single game.

Lazio continues in their usual form. Beating favorites and not scoring against likes of Carpi. Fiorentina will go down to EL spots it seems.

Oh well, was a fun season until it lasted. If Juve wins tonight, that's it. Napoli and Inter are too prone to terrible games and have shown that they can't string more than 5 wins in a row like Juve can.

Haha predictive text as you can imagine!

So in the last few days, Ballardini had a row with the players before Zamparini himself told him who should play. :D The president called Iachini to bring him back before disagreed with him about the transfer strategy. Ballardini was sacked after around two months, and Barros Schelotto has been appointed.

Pallotta also sacked Garcia, and Spalletti has returned to the capital.

That was inexcusable. Carpi were down to 10. Icardi is taking the brunt of it from Inter fans because they think he is so limited.

Nobody who actually follows Inter closer will say anything bad about Icardi.

It's Mancini who's always been a limited coach who relied on individuals and huge amounts of luck which gave him "top tier coach" reputation.

He took over Inter a year and 2-3 months ago and there are literally no improvements in attacking play or anything that resembles his ideas. Just basic attacks which work only if an individual produces something.

Then all the rotations and some terrible player choices in both transfer window and matchday selections.

For example he basically traded away Kovačić, Inter's only creative midfielder, for Kondgobia, one season wonder so far. Kondogbia's been terrible and Inter need a playmaker desperately.

What's even worse, Allan from Udinese was basically a done deal, but Mancini insisted on spending huge money on Kondogbia instead.

Now Kondogbia is basically a benchwarmer in every important game and Allan's been absolutely amazing for Napoli this season, one of the best midfielders in league atm. And he costed 10mil€.

As for today's game, he substitutes out one of the best performers, Telles, at half time, only to bring in Miranda who was supposed to have a rest before Juve and Milan games. He switches to 3-5-2 and the game falls apart for inter.

After 20mins of that horror show, he substitutes out another full back, Montoya for Nagatomo and goes back to 4-4-2. Then at the end he brings in Jovetić for Palacio. Icardi stays on the pitch even if he had a bad game.

And then the typical horror show in stoppage time, third time in a row on Meazza.

Icardi basically had one chance to shoot today and defender caught up with him. Another one after a corner and that's it. It's ridiculous for your no9 to have less than 4-5 decent oppurtunities to shoot against a side like Carpi.

He scored 2 from 2 shots against Udinese, 1/1 against Lazio and Empoli. He literally has no service upfront.

Basically what Mancini needs is a player who'll carry the entire team on his back, like Ibra or Aguero, because he can't organize a team to play good attacking football unless he has 3-4 world class attacking players. Which is pretty weird if you ask me, because he was one of the best trequartistas of his time and never lacked on the pitch intelligence.

Nobody who actually follows Inter closer will say anything bad about Icardi.

It's Mancini who's always been a limited coach who relied on individuals and huge amounts of luck which gave him "top tier coach" reputation.

He took over Inter a year and 2-3 months ago and there are literally no improvements in attacking play or anything that resembles his ideas. Just basic attacks which work only if an individual produces something.

Then all the rotations and some terrible player choices in both transfer window and matchday selections.

For example he basically traded away Kovačić, Inter's only creative midfielder, for Kondgobia, one season wonder so far. Kondogbia's been terrible and Inter need a playmaker desperately.

What's even worse, Allan from Udinese was basically a done deal, but Mancini insisted on spending huge money on Kondogbia instead.

Now Kondogbia is basically a benchwarmer in every important game and Allan's been absolutely amazing for Napoli this season, one of the best midfielders in league atm. And he costed 10mil€.

As for today's game, he substitutes out one of the best performers, Telles, at half time, only to bring in Miranda who was supposed to have a rest before Juve and Milan games. He switches to 3-5-2 and the game falls apart for inter.

After 20mins of that horror show, he substitutes out another full back, Montoya for Nagatomo and goes back to 4-4-2. Then at the end he brings in Jovetić for Palacio. Icardi stays on the pitch even if he had a bad game.

And then the typical horror show in stoppage time, third time in a row on Meazza.

Icardi basically had one chance to shoot today and defender caught up with him. Another one after a corner and that's it. It's ridiculous for your no9 to have less than 4-5 decent oppurtunities to shoot against a side like Carpi.

He scored 2 from 2 shots against Udinese, 1/1 against Lazio and Empoli. He literally has no service upfront.

Basically what Mancini needs is a player who'll carry the entire team on his back, like Ibra or Aguero, because he can't organize a team to play good attacking football unless he has 3-4 world class attacking players. Which is pretty weird if you ask me, because he was one of the best trequartistas of his time and never lacked on the pitch intelligence.

Inter fan I guess? Surprisingly I have been reading this all on Forza Inter. Mancini has actually taken majority of criticism and fans are angray at him with the lack of atttacking impetus and the Kondogbia situation you mentioned. Kondogbia is young though and hopefully proves his worth with time. Agree about Allan though, quality player. Maybe it was because of Kondogbia size which influenced the signing.

Regarding Icardi I think he is a great goalscorer but I do agree that he is very one-dimensional. Yes, he does not get as much chances as he would like but when he is not scoring he just looks really poor because he does not offer much else. There is so much divided opinion on him there though. When things are going bad, fans really vent their frustration out on him and Mancini.

The only credit I give to Mancini is I really expected Inter to be in a worse position at this stage of the season.

Anyway, bring on the Milan derby next week :thup:

Saw someone say this btw. Made me laugh: :D

"Last night Maccarone equalized Milan. Today Lasagna equalizes Inter.

Pasta wrecking the **** out of the Milan clubs."

Pointless criticising Mancini. In fact, I'd argue those doing so are clueless. He has no creative midfielders to work with, and it wasn't his decision to get rid of Kovacic. Pretty sure that was dictated by financial reasons, because there's no way you'd willingly lose a player like that.

The mistake was allowing Hernanes to leave. He's not top level by any means, but he offered something different. Now they have Kondogbia, Felipe Melo, Guarín, Brozovic and Medel for central midfield. What's Mancini meant to do with that? He's doing exactly what you'd expect him to given that set of players - playing to their strengths, setting up defensively, and hoping Ljajic or Jovetic (if he plays) create something.

It was never going to be a strategy that would continue to be successful throughout the season. So the dodgy results are expected.

I'd say he's done really well to get that team to 3rd/4th, given the competition. Still only 6 points off 1st, and well within reach of the Champions League.

Nobody expects Inter to play some fancy, amazingly creative football with 5-10 clear chances per game.

But it's simply inexcusable to play this badly throughout the season, with couple of good games.

Best Inter game this season attack-wise was against Sassuolo.

He got rid of Kovačić because he wanted Kondogbia. It was pretty much a 1:1 trade on financial aspect. Kondogbia even got a bigger salary.

He always preferred physical type of midfielders. From Vieira, Cambiasso and Stanković in Inter, to Yaya in City.

Hernanes sale was the best deal Inter has made over the past 5 years. 13mils for a completely finished player that declined and was completely useless in last 6 months before he left. Just look at his Juve performances, he was dreadful.

Thing that fans resent him the most are ridiculous rotations and player selection. For example Montoya doesn't play a minute in 3 months, then he's suddenly a started in 3 games in a row, then he doesn't play for 4 games after that.

Or his beloved Nagatomo who directly lost like 30 points for Inter over the past 4 years.

Even a blind man sees that Telles is by far Inter's best performing fullback this season, but he likes his Nagatomo so much.

Then insisting on Jovetić just to bench him in most of the games.

Icardi is one dimensional, but not that one-dimensional. He's the top u23 goalscorer in Serie A history. More goals than Del Piero, Totti, Ronaldo and so on. He simply has no service and Mancini expects him to score from each shot he takes. It worked in a couple of games, but it can't continue forever.

Nobody expected anything more than a struggle to get 3rd, but the thing is that this team is playing worse and worse. Defense that was great in first 10 games is suddenly looking terrible against the likes of Atalanta and Carpi. There's literally no progress in the gameplan, just formation and squad changes every game that lead nowhere.

There's literally no improvement and no reason for optimism. I've watched every Inter game this season except for one against Torino and even when they score 4 against Udinese it's because 3 goals were gifted.

As I said earlier, Mancini wants every striker to be Ibra and create goals for himself while 9 other players run around mindlessl

Inter lost points at home against Lazio who had a terrible run prior to the game, they lost points against Atalanta that was on 4 games losing streak, now he loses points against Carpi.

Yea, they're still 3-4th, but only because Fiorentina doesn't have the capacity for anything more and Roma played terribly over the last months.

And now Inter has away games against Milan, Fiorentina, Juventus and Roma upcoming. We'll see how that goes.

If Inter doesn't qualify for CL this season, everything falls apart because all signings except for Kondogbia were brought in with delayed payment option. Payment which is supposed to come from CL money.

In the end, thing that annoys me the most is how Inter hasn't won a game where they conceded first.

Financial Fair Play...

Also, Mancini said that he needs another striker yesterday.

He already has Icardi, Jovetić, Palacio, Ljajić, Perišić and Biabiany for 3 attacking positions.

But now he'll get Lavezzi and his big wages and expect him to create chances for himself.

How typical.

Oh look, my post about Mancini and his so called game plan was comletely accurate.

He's playing like I do in PES, 8 defensive players with good physical attributes and two upfront to try and make something happen out of nothing.

Ridiculous, biggest fraud in top tier football.

EDIT:

Ok, the thing he just said in press conference is literally the last straw.

"I don't recall a single save from Handanović."

1st goal - perfectly taken penalty.

2nd goal - mistake from his beloved Melo who gave a free shot to Morata from like 5m.

3rd goal - Tons of space and free shot for Dybala from edge of the box. He could've saved it based on his recent performances, but can't realy classify it as a mistake.

After Carpi he was like "I, a 50yo, would score the chance Icardi missed."

Icardi has the best shot conversion ratio I dare to say in any of the top leagues among players with more than handful of goals and after on missed sitter he just disgustingly attacks him like that.

And now he's talking negatively about Handanović, guy who literally single handedly gave Inter at least 10 extra points this season. Witohut him Mancini would already be on the verge of sacking.

He has by far the best save percentage and by far the most "imporant" saves in the league if you look at the stats. And he's playing for CL contender. There's no way a team that high on the table should concede so many shots.

He basically expects Icardi to have 90% conversion ratio and Handanović to perform miracles every game.

Whatta spineless c*** and a clown.

I hope he losses against both Milan and Chievo and gets the boot.

You won't really be supporting Milan againt your own team now :rolleyes:

Of course not, but I'd take a loss anyday if it meant Mancini gets sacked.

You have to look at the bigger picture, this is leading nowhere.

I'd compare him to Van Gaal at United. Pretty similar situation. They both got the players they wanted, game plan is nowhere to be found, yet they're still relatively high on the table because of amazing goalkeepers and a lot of lucky victories.

Only difference is that Van Gaal doesn't hide behind his players and admits he's doing bad.

Some of the football Juve played was breathtaking :applause: Could of been into double figures. Amazing what a goal does to boost a player's confidence. Morata 4 in 2 now.

When the CL draw was made I would of said Bayern to go through for sure. Now... really don't know. Boateng prob out for season and Juve going from strength to strength.

Mancio is at it again. Santon hasn't played a minute in like two months and now he's suddenly in the starting eleven for the derby.

Icardi benched second game in a row. <.<

Hoping for a good game, but it'll most likely be a terrible with lots of individual mistakes from both sides.

Mancio is at it again. Santon hasn't played a minute in like two months and now he's suddenly in the starting eleven for the derby.

Hoping for a good game, but it'll most likely be a terrible with lots of individual mistakes from both sides.

Icardi does not fit into Mancini's style. I never expected Mancini to drop him out and put Eder CF just like that.

Icardi does not fit into Mancini's style. I never expected Mancini to drop him out and put Eder CF just like that.

You know what's mancini's style? There's no style.

Putting 8-9 defensive players that can run all day long and one or two ibra/aguero type players and hoping for the best.

Complete clown, look at that midfield duo today, on serie C level. And he cried for perisic whole summer long and guy's useless.

I'm not wathing a single game until he's gone. I've watched every game except for one this season and my eyes can't take this anti-footall anymore.

One positive thing is that people are coming to realize whatta clown Mancini is and I don't think he'll be getting another chance in a big club any time soon.

Fortunately for him, Inter doesn't have the money to get rid of thim and he doesn't have the decency to admit it's his fault and leave.

He single-handedly ruined team's chemistry and players' confidence.

And his signings which he wasted huge amount of money on, are all atrocious.

One positive thing is that people are coming to realize whatta clown Mancini is and I don't think he'll be getting another chance in a big club any time soon.

Fortunately for him, Inter doesn't have the money to get rid of thim and he doesn't have the decency to admit it's his fault and leave.

He single-handedly ruined team's chemistry and players' confidence.

And his signings which he wasted huge amount of money on, are all atrocious.

Mancini has always been vastly overrated...

He wasn't even qualified to be a manager when he started at Fiorentina, but it was handed to him and he has since acted as if he's God's gift to football management.

All thanks to Calciopoli and to his streak at Inter, a streak that was built on dodgy ground and that needed Mourinho to gain the desired international depth, albeit for a short and glorious time.

Mancini moved on to richer pastures at City, where he almost managed NOT to win, despite spending insane amount of money. Still, completely useless in European Cups as well.

His second stint at Inter is just the summa of his previous tenures... The transfer market is a revolving door, there's no clear pecking order for the Starting XI, there isn't even a clearly preferred tactical plan. It's amateurish at best, almost the way a 13 years old would play Football Manager or PES Career mode... Let's keep on buying players regardless of the team's weaknesses and needs.

And let's gracefully gloss over his style... Whiny as hell, while still retaining all the snobbery that his pedigree barely justifies... He can be rude, brash and sanctimonious, but he expects other people, colleagues and pundits alike, to treat him like a royalty.

His ideal setting is PSG... bottomless wallet and zero domestic competition... So he can keep on raking in league titles that way any decent Championship manager would, while still failing in Europe, where competition is tough.

I don't understand how he spent all summer offering Nagatomo and Di Ambrosio out to anyone that would take them, indicating that Montoya and Santon were he preferred pair. Then in January he ships Montoya out and tries to offload Santon. Ridiculous. Always liked Santon, should never ship him out, even just for the fact he is home grown. I'm genuinely concerned that Mancio will force Icardi out the club, ridiculous

Archived