Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

Ramsey came on and automatically we looked much better going forwards and started actually moved us forwards rather than the ineptness of Coquelin and Cazorla. Alexis was easily our best player last night consistently running with the ball well I think his lack of end product was more to do with what was going around him.

The issue though wasn't us going forwards it was our shooting ourselves in the foot which we have done in every game we have disappointed in this season. I struggle to think of a game in which we were outplayed rather we just gifted the opposition either their chances or the win. Errors are obviously the cause of most goals or opportunities in football but we are consistently making very big ones which cause the goals/chances

It was pretty incredible how we were noticeably better the minute he stepped onto the pitch. Didn't even take a few minutes for him to grow into the game.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was pretty incredible how we were noticeably better the minute he stepped onto the pitch. Didn't even take a few minutes for him to grow into the game.

Yeah I think that is a good thing for him though I think that could convince Wenger to play him in the middle which we know Wenger wants to but was put off after the West Ham game.

Oh and I hope we sell Gibbs in the summer the pussy.

Little chance we sell Gibbs- homegrown, English core and competent in a position where that is surprisingly hard to find for a back up

Late to the party but Alexis and Ramsey were ***** yesterday. Ramsey wasted 2/3 opportunities with potshots and Alexis just kept running down blind alleys. Could have had loads more assists if he wanted.

Chambo was actually one of our better players, attacking the left back all game.

We've conceded a deflected corner - marking, a direct corner - goalkeeping, and idk how to explain the last one but I'm putting the blame on Per.

Gabriel/Kos is the way forward I think soon.

**** me, what game was you watching?

I wasn't too impressed by the 4-1-4-1 last time we gave it a run, but the imbalance in our starting XI greatly concerns me. I wonder if it's worth sending Ozil wide right in a 4-1-4-1.

The central midfield of Coq-Caz-Ramsey would actually be pretty balanced with the combination of their talents. It would also solve the problem of wasting Ramsey out wide. He can score goals again once he's back in central midfield.

Ozil wide right can cut into his left foot. It'll open up the right flank for Bellerin, as it should. An effect of this would also be that our plays can no go down both flanks since our two best players are on opposite flanks. Right now, it's natural for OZil to drift towards Sanchez. This might mean we see less of that combination though.

What is it we play now? 4-2-3-1? Why not try 433? Something like:

Cech

Bellerin Gabriel Kos Monreal

Coquelin

Ramsey Cazorla

Ozil Walcott Alexis

The problem I see with it is Bellerin being isolated due to lack of support from Ozil, and not sure Bellerin is up to scratch yet defensively to be doing it by himself down that flank. It does however get Ramsey back into CM, gives Cazorla a bit more freedom to get forward and allows Wenger to keep a playmaker on the wing.

Pretty much what Kawee said..

Sometimes you just can't make players fit together. Maybe we need to drop a big player to create a better balance. Cazorla hasn't been in great form, Ozil only plays well once every 3 or so games Ramsey hasn't played well this season. Why are certain players untouchable? My personal choice to drop is Ozil, I know he can be quality and I know he cost £42m but he isn't good often enough!

What is the alternative though? It's not like the Ox is lighting it up, and we're having to choose between a hot up and coming youngster and the world-class German.

Ramsey is wasted out wide. Ox is very poor defensively. Walcott gets like 15 touches per game when played out wide. The right wing position has been a big head scratcher.

I'm still not having Gabriel and Koscielny as a partnership. We miss Per's distribution, calmness and communication at the back when he's not there.

Whilst I agree about Per's distribution. I think Gabriel Koscielny has the advantage that it means we don't need to protect one CB as with Mertesacker he really struggles in space. Also of the first choice CBs he is the most prone to big errors Koscielny has largely cut that out and Gabriel just seems to get away with it so far

I feel that Gabriel doesn't deserve to be dropped, but his distribution is a huge asterisk next to his name but then again Per is so off the pace it's distressing.

Yeah I agree

Sometimes you just can't make players fit together. Maybe we need to drop a big player to create a better balance. Cazorla hasn't been in great form, Ozil only plays well once every 3 or so games Ramsey hasn't played well this season. Why are certain players untouchable? My personal choice to drop is Ozil, I know he can be quality and I know he cost £42m but he isn't good often enough!

Yeah don't drop our best player. I mean at least Ozil provides control and retention also not sure how that helps provide greater balance. He has been hit and miss this season but other than Monreal who hasn't been?

Cech

Chambers/Debu - Per - Kosh - Monreal

Bellerin - Ramsey - Coq/flam - Ozil - Sanchez

Giroud/Walcott

Id like to see us try that line up for a game or two, i personally think Chambers overall game is wasted as a CB

Bellerin on the wing??? I'm choking at the delusion.

That is an awful lineup. You might think Chambers is wasted as a CB, but he's proven to be an awful RB. Coq playing out of positions there could probably do a better job.

Also, wingbacks rarely make good wingers because they rely so much on the luxury of seeing the landscape ahead of them before making a run from deep.

That is an awful lineup. You might think Chambers is wasted as a CB, but he's proven to be an awful RB. Coq playing out of positions there could probably do a better job.

Also, wingbacks rarely make good wingers because they rely so much on the luxury of seeing the landscape ahead of them before making a run from deep.

I don't agree with the lineup but this is just not true. Incredible hyperbole.

I still think Chambers has the potential to become a decent centre half. He may have scored a couple of own goals but his performances of late haven't been as bad as before.

I don't see Bellerin as a winger. Doesn't have the close control/dribbling skills to play there.

Ox has amazing potential as a winger. His change of pace and willingness to knock the ball past defenders are such great attributes and I can't understand why it's not working for him.

Actually can't wait for Welbeck to come back, god I missed another forward player with Özil who can comfortably keep the ball.

Is that our problem going forward though? Not being able to keep the ball? We've created more chances than anyone in the league, and we've been very wasteful lately.

Wenger: "Nobody analysed the numbers. It's depressing. Yes, the goalkeeper made a mistake, but we could still have won the game."

Wenger repeatedly asked about selection issues v Olympiakos. Gets tetchy: "Look, stop that story, or we stop the press conference."

He's cracked

Wenger: "Nobody analysed the numbers. It's depressing. Yes, the goalkeeper made a mistake, but we could still have won the game."

Wenger repeatedly asked about selection issues v Olympiakos. Gets tetchy: "Look, stop that story, or we stop the press conference."

He's cracked

The leave press conference threat was in regards to a journalist asking about Mourinho's latest comment not selection issues.

the guy from the press was asking him if it was his responsibility for the selection and he went into a cream puff. Although they did also mention Mourinho which is probably another reason why he was tetchy

he should have just came out and said "I saw Olympiakos' record away from home, it's not good so I played Ospina to give Cech a rest. Olympiakos managed to win, the keeper was part of the loss and I hold my hands up for that, it was my fault"

Wenger doesn't conference well under pressure in general. Mourinho is right though, Wenger is the only manager not under the threat of sack. He's like a self employed man who's put his heart and soul into a business and if he fails it hurts him differently. That said, it would seem the only pressure he is under is the pressure he puts on himself.

Wenger: "If you question Ospina, I question your knowledge of football."

Wenger asked about who will play in goal: "You lack creativity in the press. You go along with a bandwagon that is very, very, very boring."

On one level I agree with him if you blame picking Ospina for our defeat you're an idiot and don't know football.

I don't really care what he says about the players in press conference rarely shows what he actually thinks about them as he isn't going to criticise them. Anyone who expects him to do so is again an idiot.

I would of been inclined to join the bandwagon of people questioning him picking Ospina if he(Ospina) had made a mistake where the rest of the team played well, but they didn't, they were awful, with the exception of Sanchez and Walcott, Ospina is a good goalkeeper and i think i would of picked him at home against a team we should really be beating considering the player caliber and how much we spent on them/pay them.

The first goal, Ozil was poor in closing down on the edge of the box, and we was unlucky with the deflection, (we seem to be averaging a deflection/O.G a game lol), that third goal, was just pure utter ***** from the entire team.

I would of been inclined to join the bandwagon of people questioning him picking Ospina if he(Ospina) had made a mistake where the rest of the team played well, but they didn't, they were awful, with the exception of Sanchez and Walcott, Ospina is a good goalkeeper and i think i would of picked him at home against a team we should really be beating considering the player caliber and how much we spent on them/pay them.

The first goal, Ozil was poor in closing down on the edge of the box, and we was unlucky with the deflection, (we seem to be averaging a deflection/O.G a game lol), that third goal, was just pure utter ***** from the entire team.

That deflection wasn't lucky

It deflected off of Ox. He just dangled his foot out, just really weak defending.

It's 'only' Veysey but talk of Ramsey being unhappy. You don't need inside knowledge to know that he's unhappy - what exactly is there for him to be happy about? And why would he want to stay if things don't improve?

What exactly is there to be happy about could be applied to pretty much every player at the club currently. They're not performing as they would want. I think he'll stay as I don't see where he would go which is better and we won't sell to equals

What exactly is there to be happy about could be applied to pretty much every player at the club currently. They're not performing as they would want. I think he'll stay as I don't see where he would go which is better and we won't sell to equals

Wouldn't be so sure, Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Sagna, Adebayor and more recently Van Persie, are evidence that Wenger would sell to a rival, though i do think its way too early to speculate players wanting to leave.

Wouldn't be so sure, Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Sagna, Adebayor and more recently Van Persie, are evidence that Wenger would sell to a rival, though i do think its way too early to speculate players wanting to leave.

Context is different now.

I was glad of the way Wenger dealt with the press conference. They are **** stirrers too often, and it's about time he told some of them to jog on with the Mourinho crap they keep stirring. I also agree with him not airing his dirty laundry in the press conference (which is what Mourinho does) - apparently he ripped into them at the training ground on Wednesday. So that's good to hear too.

I wasn't impressed with us the other night, but Ramsey changed the game in the middle, and I think we need a bit of a change of system to make it work. I think Ramsey coming in alongside Coquelin is the better long term solution. No reason we cannot use Cazorla wider. Chamberlain's form is poor, but he'll learn from it - he's a bit talent and he'll come good. Walcott looks better up front, and Bellerin offers us so much from right back. I think we'll win tomorrow, and there will be a major reaction to midweek.

As for the Champions League - I'll always be disappointed if we don't progress, but I'll support us in Europa League games if we end up in there too. What can you do? Just get behind them and support them. If Zagreb and Olympiakos draw twice in their double header it opens up a genuine chance for us. If we take any points against Bayern it's a help too. We can't afford for either of those 2 teams to win both games in the double header.

Clichy Toure Sagna and Adebayor we were fine with getting rid of and Sagna ran his contract down. Nasri and Van Persie only had one year left so had leverage to get what they want. Also different era

Archived