Official Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 Feedback Thread

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your reply Lucas.

By the way ... if you guys are open to advice ... :) i think open this possibility would be amazing because bearing in mind is tablet i think people will just add pictures and logos that really need ... for example i will add with pleasure the ... logo of that teams they play in that rich league in UK :D ( just because i don't want to say the real name of the competition)

Anyway is just an advice. :)

M

Streaming video on Sky Go and doing lots and lots of number crunching and rendering graphics for the Match Engine whilst doing a lot of animations and calculations are two completely different things.

As with any PC game, there are various system hardware requirements that need to be met in order for the game to run.

I understand, but again, why not base it off the CPU/GPU, Screen size/resolution of the device. I'm pretty sure that the PC version of FM is not restricted to the manufacturer type of hardware.

Sorry, I know I sound like a broken record right now, but I don't see what the problem is here. If you look at the specs of my tablet, I have the following:

Chipset: Nvidia Tegra 4

CPU: Quad-core Cortex-A15

GPU: ULP GeForce

Screen: 10.1", 2560 x 1600 pixels (~299 ppi pixel density)

RAM: 2Gb

I am almost certain there is at least one tablet on your list that has a very similar spec, but ah well... there's not much else I can say. We will have to see what happens in the future.

• Administrators
Could you go into anymore detail? Would be interested to know and make it more understandable.

What it means is that it's needed in order for the game to provide save restore points where they are needed due to system resources.

Thank you for your reply Lucas.

By the way ... if you guys are open to advice ... :) i think open this possibility would be amazing because bearing in mind is tablet i think people will just add pictures and logos that really need ... for example i will add with pleasure the ... logo of that teams they play in that rich league in UK :D ( just because i don't want to say the real name of the competition)

Anyway is just an advice. :)

M

Again if it were possible it isn't supported or advised at the moment, as extra pictures increases memory demands.

What it means is that it's needed in order for the game to provide save restore points where they are needed due to system resources.

Again if it were possible it isn't supported or advised at the moment, as extra pictures increases memory demands.

Sorry to bother you :D

thank you anyway

• Administrators
Hello I am on ipad mini and I can see the game and download it. What will most likely happen when I open it?

If you have an iPad Mini 1 the game will not run. If it meets the minimum spec (Mini 2 or Mini 3), then it will run.

Looking at the Android FAQ, looks like the minimum Android OS supported is 4.4 Kitkat, so that ends my hopes of playing the game then as I know Toshiba won't be updating my tablet from 4.3 Jellybean. It just gets worse, lol. My FM drought continues.

Just to confirm, on Android you do need to be running at least 4.4 (KitKat).

Anything higher than that (including 4.4.2, Wizard boy) is fine - assuming your device is on the compatible list ftbl.ma/fmcdev

Thanks. I'd still like to know how well it will run on mine before i downloaded it. At least with pc i know but tablets are completely different.

I can't seem to be able to make a quick substitution in-match. I tap on the leftmost of the small icons in the top right of the screen during a match and the screen pops up but tapping, tapping and holding or trying to drag a sub over a currently playing person does nothing, tapping anywhere does nothing.

The ability to tap on a player and move him over another to swap them would be great. Apart from that the game is fantastic.

I'm finding this a problem as well on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. If I press for a quick sub I can't do anything - I have to go into tactics. Even in tactics selecting a player is a bit clunky - drag and drop doesn't seem to work with the player icons on the formation picture, and the screen isn't big enough to show all the squad, so it's tricky for instance to replace a DR with substitute 7+ in a friendly. Not a gamebreaker, but a little irritating. Everything else looks great.

I'm finding this a problem as well on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. If I press for a quick sub I can't do anything - I have to go into tactics. Even in tactics selecting a player is a bit clunky - drag and drop doesn't seem to work with the player icons on the formation picture, and the screen isn't big enough to show all the squad, so it's tricky for instance to replace a DR with substitute 7+ in a friendly. Not a gamebreaker, but a little irritating. Everything else looks great.

You should be able to drag the same way as the rest of the game - start the drag action horizontally until you see the drag has been recognised.

Is this game supported by updates and further enhancements in the way that FMH is?

Thanks.

If there is going to be any updates to bugs etc in the coming months it would be good to know. I'm sure people will not want to buy this and then have no bugs fixed as SI are developing the next version.

No definite plan just yet, but updates are certainly a possibility.

I would expect there to be some updates, even if they were just to fix any bugs within the game. I have no problem with paying the price SI/Sega have set for this game especially as it has been billed as a 'like PC quality' so therefore it should also receive the type of support PC games are accustomed to having.

I imagine a game this complex will encounter a few bugs on release.

The game will boot in the same language as your tablet (if we support that language, otherwise English).

To change the language once you've started the game, you need to go to Preferences and tap "Reset to Default", then close the game down fully and change the tablet's language, then boot the game again.

But actually, what i've done was:

1) Go to preferences, tap the "reset to default"

2) Close the Game

3) Change my tablets language to english

4) Open the game

5) the game is in english now

6) go to preferences and change something, so that not all options are in default

7) Save the game, and leave

8) change my tablets language back to portuguese (my native languange)

9) Open the game... and the game is still in english! :)

So, problem solved!!

But actually, what i've done was:

1) Go to preferences, tap the "reset to default"

2) Close the Game

3) Change my tablets language to english

4) Open the game

5) the game is in english now

6) go to preferences and change something, so that not all options are in default

7) Save the game, and leave

8) change my tablets language back to portuguese (my native languange)

9) Open the game... and the game is still in english! :)

So, problem solved!!

Good work :)

• Administrators
When will cross-save and cloud saving be available?
There are currently no plans for cross-save and cloud saving at the moment.

You can't add a second manager. If you've seen that somewhere, then it's a mistake - though I can't see it anywhere. That option only becomes available when you retire the current manager in game, so you have 0 managers.

I can't see any player's face except those who have real pictures. I have selected the option "show pictures of players who have been generated ...", but the pictures are still blank, does this feature work for anyone else?

OK, so took the plunge and brought it for my Lenovo tablet (technically a work device but he ho). Like what I see so far. The saving of the game before and after each match is slightly bothersome but it takes a lot less time to do this than on the Vita version. Also, the larger screen size (than the Vita) helps with my sausage fingers. The database is up to date - my club, Leicester, is all present and correct. It's a shame I can't see Esteban Cambiasso's beautiful bald head with no player pictures. I'd rather it showed no picture at all on the player profile screen rather than the standard blank head.

Had a small problem with the initial data download which crashed everytime the screen went off so had to disable the screen auto off while it installed but other than that all good.

How come the LG GPad 8.3 is supported but its successor GPad 10.1 isn't?

10.1 is smaller in system memory (RAM), and has weaker screen properties, but the processor differences aren't that big.

Could it be that it was somehow overlooked?

Here are my thoughts so far. In case you wanted to know, I’m using a Sony Z3 Compact Tablet (which is fantastic tablet by the way).

The speed of the game is better than I expected, and I have England selected all the way down to Vanarama Conference, plus La Liga and Serie A.

Throughout my player searching and match playing, I’ve not come across any massive annoying slowdowns.

It’s quite impressive how much has been squeezed in, this is exactly the FM game I’ve wanted on a tablet. FMHandheld does nothing for me!

If I had to touch on any negatives, I find scrolling through players on player search a bit annoying, likewise when I want to make a substitution during a match and I’m trying to scroll down to my subs.

It’s a bit fiddly and doesn’t feel that intuitive. It feels like I'm spinning the wheel on The Price Is Right. However, there’s probably some settings of which I can alter sensitivity? I don’t know, I should probably check it out.

No negatives so far in terms of the actual game, but again I’ve not exactly played through a whole season. If I had to pick and be real fussy, I wish there was a few more players (even though there are still a good amount) but I understand there are limitations considering the platform.

All in all, quite impressed so far! Matches are great, impressed with the 3D engine and the whole matchday feel.

If I had to touch on any negatives, I find scrolling through players on player search a bit annoying, likewise when I want to make a substitution during a match and I’m trying to scroll down to my subs.

It’s a bit fiddly and doesn’t feel that intuitive. It feels like I'm spinning the wheel on The Price Is Right. However, there’s probably some settings of which I can alter sensitivity? I don’t know, I should probably check it out.

+1.

This is something that needs some fixing.

I'm playing in a Ipad Mini 3, it's a small screen i know, but when i try to scroll down in the player search screen, easily i skip many players because the scrolling don't stop and it's too fast.

Why not? Device like ipad and Android can support external file like FmH. Please add this feature in future

Because it increases memory demands on tablets which are already being pushed by other elements of the game. There have to be compromises made in order to get the game working on these devices.

• Administrators
Another Bank Boost question.......

Is this money protected? E.g I have the 50m one.... Do I need to spend it all this season? When the season ends can the board take this money away or will the remainder that I don't spend still be available in the next season?

It's held separately by the game and is protected. That does mean though, that you can end up plunging your club into debt, so you should spend that money wisely.

Archived