dafuge's FM15 challenge

Unlucky mate. I think trying again is the best thing to do, and I have a fair experience of getting sacked!

I would suggest continuing the same manager instead of restarting the gameworld, I found that help keep my interest in the save.

Good luck next time

Cheers, EvertonBlokes! Your success through persistence has inspired me to keep on going, holidaying to June 2017 now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skelmersdale United

Season Summary 29/30

Premier League

Final Position 1st

The League:

Season started of with us winning the Community Shield in a boring 0-0 vs Man Utd, where we won on penalties. Despite not scoring in regular play time, it was pleasing not to concede to Man Utd. As the season went on, it was a race between Chelsea, Man Utd and Skelmersdale. Late season I was sure Man Utd would take the title, but they had a very poor run in their 5 last league games, where they only managed to win 2, draw 2 and lost 1, seeing us overtake them and winning the title in round 37. The season had a few disappointing games, but most where good games with fair amounts of goals. The highlight of the League, was a 6-0 trouncing of Man City.

The Players.

It was a season that saw a few regulars being more or less sidelined. Despite us getting a few pretty good young english players in, they only had limited play time, but I am sure they can develop really good. Two of last seasons regular players weren't delivering as I had hoped and we managed to sell them for a nice sum. Maggiolo will be joining Atlético for 22mill and Nthingila will play for Real Madrid next season in a 37.5mill deal. Despite Nthingila being a really good player, he also is very inconsistent, so this was a really pleasing deal. At the same time, we have a more than capable replacement coming in. Paulo Eduardo will be joining on a free from Monaco and he looks like the DC we have been missing.

The rest of our players are more or less the same as previous season:

Goalie - Juliano is still doing a great job and even won 3 more caps.

Defense:

DL - Stewart Caton is playing well, but also did leave our left side vulnerable often. He looks as if he is declining a bit as footballer, Messi has told me, that he quite often is lazy in training.

DC - Almirón is the current first choice, but he is having good competition by our other dc for the key lineup and with Eduardo coming in for next season, he could be 3rd choice.

DC - Arroyo has been progressing extremely well and I just feel I have to play him more.

DR - Radic has started to become great in offense, in fact so "great" that he is often offside :eek: Despite that, with 11 assists as DR his efforts are encouraging.

Midfield:

DM - No contest for this place, Efanjer owns that area.

MC - Ferri and Duhamel more or less placed our other midfielders in the reserves. They were both lethal in the offensive in terms of goals and assists.

AML - This one is a hard one as Moha is playing really well, but Gaúchos stats are alot better.

AMR - Duca has won the first choice over Larkin, yet in the important games, Larkin is the better choice as he just relishes those big matches and often score in them.

Attack:

SC - No one has been able to challenge Babo for that spot. He didn't score as many goals as last season, but 43 goals and 17 assists in 55 games still won him League top scorer, ECC Golden Boot Runner up and ECC best player.

In terms of new players we could do with a more consistent DL and a better AML.

The Cups:

Capital One is easy to speak of. A disappointing 4th round exit to M'boro. Seems they are just not our cup team.

FA Cup: Entered in 3rd round and hammered Peterborough 5-0. 4th round was a 3-1 win vs Exeter. In the 5th round we drew 1-1 with Arsenal away and then killed them 5-1 home. 6th round was a 2-0 vs Southampton and in the Semi we were lucky and beat Man United 2-1. At Wembley we played this years most lethal league team Chelsea, but managed to close them down and won 2-0, winning us our first FA trophy.

ECC: In the group play we were playing Besiktas, SLB and Barcelona. We got revenge on Barca in the first game and won 2-1 then they got even and beat us 2-0. Besiktas was no challenge and we beat them 7-3 away and 4-1 home. SLB also suffered 2 losses as we beat them 2-0 home and 3-2 away. Moving onto the first knockout we played Valencia 1-1 away and won 1-0 home. In the Quarter we beat Everton 2-1 away and took a narrow loss 1-0 at home, thus progressing on away goals. Same story unfolded in the Semi Final where we had Man Utd. 2-2 away and 0-0 home saw us progress to the final. Funny how "bad" Man Utd plays in our cup games and how brilliant they play in the league. Moving on to the Final - We almost had same scenario as last season drawing a top spanish team. We battled Real Madrid in Germany. We were down 2-0 by half time, 3-0 in the 77th minute and despite scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes, we lost the final again, for the second year in the row. :(

The Extras:

We had 2 players in the ECC dream team, with not much surprise Man Utd pretty much had all the defense.

Board finally decided to clear our small 7mill loan debt.

We were represented with 2 players in the Players English Division of the Year.

Was also pleased at winning Manager of the Year for the second time.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!
18/19	Conf	9th	None	None	2nd Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd None
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
20/21	L2	12th	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None
21/22	L2	1st	None	None	5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi F	None	Promoted!
22/23	L1	3rd	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Qtr F	None	None
23/24	L1	2nd	None	None	3rd Rnd	Final	1st Rnd	None	Promoted, Capital One Runner Up
24/25	CH	4th	None	None	6th Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None	Promoted via playoffs
25/26	PRM	12th	None	None	6th Rnd	4th Rnd	None	None	None
26/27	PRM	5th	None	None	6th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winner, Euro Qual
27/28	PRM	2nd	None	2nd Rnd	5th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winnder, CL Qual
28/29	PRM	1st	Final	None	6th Rnd	Qtr F	None	None	PRM winner, CL Final
29/30	PRM	1st	Final	None	Final	4th Rnd	None	None	PRM Winner, CL Final, Com Shield Winner

I've just won promotion for the third straight year with Hereford. Not sure I'll continue with this, all seems a bit silly. I like the idea of building a small club up slowly. I might start again with a smaller rep side next time. I'll probably keep the save going, but I might apply for another job somewhere or add in some more countries and try my luck abroad.

Or I might just continue, not sure.

michaeltmurrayuk what you're doing is absolutely ridiculous. Are your skinning abilities causing the game to fear your team? :D

It's felt sorry for me after having to do pre-season three times a couple of seasons ago thanks to some dodgy skinning crashing the game twice :(

Though expect the Championship will be tough as we are expected to finish rock bottom even after spending over £500k on new players, being able to scout Europe is a quick way to spend money :)

Is anyone else finding the Conf. South easier/weaker than the North? In my Hereford save I am currently sitting in 2nd place in North, but my number of points would put me in a 17 point lead in the South :/

I'm not doing this challenge but I am playing in that division (as Leamington) and the North seems to have the strongest teams. Hednesford sign some excellent players, Harrogate and Barrow are usually good and Hereford and FC United generally come up and immediately challenge too.

BZUbf57.png?1

Hereford United - Conference North - Mooing on up

Final position: 2nd

Competitions.

A long, hard-fought season came to an end. In the end, it was only us and Barrow, but Barrow came out on top. We played Breadford PA in the playoff semis, and managed a 5-2 win. Southport awaited in the final, and we cruised to a 3-0 victory to seal promotion into the Conference national.

Transfers.

A fair few deals as expected.

Squad.

My players performed admirably, but strengthening is needed if we are to compete in a higher division.

Year	League	   Pos.	 	Achievement
15/16   Van N	   2nd          Promoted via playoffs

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

2020/21

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started this season a bit slowly with the team being unable to score enough. A 8-2 away win over Grimsby followed by a 5-1 away win over Macclesfield set this right and from then until about mar the team was in the playoff spots. By Mar the teams poor away form told and they dropped out of the playoffs only regaining the 5th spot on the last day on GD.

In the playoffs the team faced my bogey team in Boston, not haved beaten them in the last 6 matches. Squeeked a 2-1 win at home before an easy 3-2 away win. In the final the match was very even, going down to penalties where Solihull forgot how to do them.

In the cups the team reached the 4th Q rd and lost after a replay to Conference Kettering which was disappointing since they were struggling. Lost to Boston in the 1st Rd of the FA trophy.

Finances slid down further to about 100K in the red although 45k was due to the capacity being increased by 500 for next season.

The defence seems to be growing into their roles with better peformances this season although the LB role needs strengthening.

In midfield i let Delaney (119 apss, 4 goals) go as he wanted too much money and was 3rd choice. Wordsworth played well and has enormous potential as well if he can stay injury free. Stenning set pieces and long shots were a threat.

My wingers were the basis of the success this season with all 4 doing well in periods and scoring 36 goals between them, Quintero was the pick as he again finished the season well.

Korosi (37 apps, 14 goals) was let go as he wanted too much money and had spent more games off the pitch than on.

Clark had another quiet season and although Pryce scored a club record number of goals there were too many games where he was poor by missing a lot of chances. I signed Brown in Feb in the hopes of addressing this although he is very injury prone.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        12th       2nd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        17th       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        18th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        7th        4th Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2021/21        Conference North        5th        4th Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted

Nice spot, i thought it only happened in certain countries. I'm sure the stewards would confiscate it at the entrance IRL :D.

Hard luck on just missing out on completing the challenge.

It was a home game, but vs a czech team - Don't know if that could be it. And cheers in regards to the challenge, that last trophy will come eventually!

BZUbf57.png?1

Hereford United - Conference North - Mooing on up

Final position: 2nd

Competitions.

A long, hard-fought season came to an end. In the end, it was only us and Barrow, but Barrow came out on top. We played Breadford PA in the playoff semis, and managed a 5-2 win. Southport awaited in the final, and we cruised to a 3-0 victory to seal promotion into the Conference national.

Transfers.

A fair few deals as expected.

Squad.

My players performed admirably, but strengthening is needed if we are to compete in a higher division.

Year	League	   Pos.	 	Achievement
15/16   Van N	   2nd          Promoted via playoffs

Finally made it work!

BadgeMaidstone_United.png

Maidstone United Football Club - Sky Bet Championship - 2022/23

After three consecutive promotions I thought this season we would definately struggle and I was completely wrong. We were consistantly in the top half of the table and mainly in the playoff positions. We hit top spot in the league for the first time in week 14 but lost it the following week. We eventually regained in week 24 only to slip again and retain it 2 weeks later. This time we didnt let it slip. We ran away with the league and secure promotion on April 1st and followed up confirming the title the following week. We even managed to break 2 league records this season with most goals and most points in a season. Not bad considering I expected a real struggle.

League Table - New points record and most goals record. Won the league by 22 points which is massive.

Past Positions - Solid early form and then went on brilliantly in the 2nd half of the season. Only dropped 7 points in the league in 2023.

Cups - We made the FA Cup 5th round for the first time. We managed to beat Man United in the rd round at home 2-1. They had a red card in the 8th minute and we scored the resulting free kick. We managed to go 2-0 up and hold on in the end. We eventually got knocked out in a replay to Liverpool in round 5. we drew 2-2 at Anfield conceding a 91st minute equaliser before coming back from 3-1 down to take them to extra time in the replay only to lose 6-3. In the Capital One Cup we lost to Burnley in round 3 after beating Stevenage and Leicester.

Squad - Still have some conference players who are playing well. Centre of midfield is my strongest position with Filippi and Gomes. Needs plenty of work for the Premier League.

Transfers - Let the poor players leave and replaced with some real gems. Standout is Salvatore Filippi and Amido Gomes. Matt DeFreitas performed wonders considering I had little expectations.

Finances - £3.9m in the bank. Should make big money next season hopefully.

Key Player Profiles:

Amido Gomes - Free signing and was outstanding in centre midfield. Expecting big things next season.

Oliver Pinch - Stepped up brilliantly. 34 goals and 18 assists in 37 games. Strange to think I bought him in the Conference.

Matt DeFreitas - My inside forward. 27 goals and 20 assists. Didnt expect this and hopefully he can reproduce next season.

Salvatore Filippi - The engine room in the centre of my midfield alongside Gomes. He allows Gomes to charge forward.

Next Season

4 consecutive promotions into the Premier League is insane. Just need to stay there now. The club has just decided to expand the stadium to 12,500 capacity. In the mean time we will be playing at the 22,000 capacity Fossett's Farm.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South              8th   
2016/17         Vanarama South              1st               Champions 
2017/18         Vanarama Conference         16th 
2018/19         Vanarama Conference         6th   
2019/20         Vanarama Conference         4th               Play off Winners
2020/21         Sky Bet League Two          1st               Champions
2021/22         Sky Bet League One          1st               Champions  
2022/23         Sky Bet Championship        1st               Champions  

I'm really not understanding how it works with signing some players. I'm in Mar in the conference and have seen 2 strikers released by prem sides who are 4 star CA and 5 star PA, one had championship potential. Neither would even talk to me about signing but have signed for Northern premier teams on NC terms :confused:.

Teams were low rep in Grantham and Stamford as well

I'm really not understanding how it works with signing some players. I'm in Mar in the conference and have seen 2 strikers released by prem sides who are 4 star CA and 5 star PA, one had championship potential. Neither would even talk to me about signing but have signed for Northern premier teams on NC terms :confused:.

Teams were low rep in Grantham and Stamford as well

Maybe those clubs have a bigger reputation than yours, or they can pay those players more than what you can.

Maybe those clubs have a bigger reputation than yours, or they can pay those players more than what you can.

No they are lower rep at 0.5 stars, mine is 1 star. I don't imagine they are on huge salaries on NC terms. I was able to offer one of them a contract about 3 months ago, he wanted 1k p/w, i offered about 400 p/w which he turned down. He wouldn't discuss a contract after that.

Nice one Hypanimz!

Cheers :D

Thats impressive Hypanimz, mind those players highlighted except gomes have some serious pace to burn which must help. I can't believe you still have Quintero, he's only 3 stars for me in the conference.

Yes. Pace is one of the main attributes I look for. Quintero was not really meant to play so much this season. Only did due to injuries. Somehow he is performing so well and I cant understand why.

Somehow he is performing so well and I cant understand why.

It happens, some players just seem to have the right attributes. Stenning is doing well for me even though he is now just 2 stars and about the 4th best midfielder.

No they are lower rep at 0.5 stars, mine is 1 star. I don't imagine they are on huge salaries on NC terms. I was able to offer one of them a contract about 3 months ago, he wanted 1k p/w, i offered about 400 p/w which he turned down. He wouldn't discuss a contract after that.
That's very annoying, sometimes I can't get players to a deal and they end up signing for lower rep clubs and with lower wages...

Incredible chain of promotions there Hypanimz, great momentum! Mr_Demus that's a great start already and Thebaker congratulations on that hard-earned promotion. Dons you are so close to completion of this challenge surely it's just a matter of time. Best of luck!

I'm hoping to complete my season by tonight so there should be an update soon. *spoiler* its been a lot better since the new patch, thank goodness.

Overview

After going so close last season promotion was my objective for the season. The team I was able to put on the field was much better than that of last season and the top spot wsa comfortably taken. I am expecting a good run at promotion again next season, the squad is definately strong enough. A run to the FA Cup 3rd Round where we got a money spinning televised away game at premiership Burnley helped the finances. The board have increased my wage budget enough that I should be able to strengthen even further.

The Team

GK Angus Gunn - 23 year old Keeper picked up following his release from Charlton. Had a good season

WB Ola Alna - Very quick right back. Arguable player of the season. Released by Chelsea last summer.

CB Kristopher Da Graca - Bosnian 21 year centre back. Had a good season having signed in pre-season from Arsenal.

CB Callum Davies - The only player retained from last seasons team. Was a regular in league 1 with Gillingham before dropping 3 levels 2 years ago.

FB Ryan Haynes - A January signing. 23 year old Haynes was released by Coventry last summer.

RM Kasey Palmer - 22 year old wideman signed from Chelsea at the start of the season. Did well dispite a number of injuries.

AP Dan Crowley - Another January signing, Irish 21 year old playmaker looks a quality addition.

DLP Joss Labadie - 29 year old midfielder played in the league for a number of teams until his release from Dagenham & Redbridge last year.

W Sulley Kaikal - Sierra Lione international winger signed from Crystal Palace in January and scored an impressive 18 goals from the wing in the run in.

AF Shaun Hill - Signed in pre-season from Chelsea to play as a winger but impressive goalscoring won him over as the star striker.

DLF Uche Ikpeazu - Ghanain forward. Suffered a number of injuries but still managed 15 goals in 21 games.

16/17	Van N	12th	None	None	2ndRnd	None	None	1stRnd	None
17/18	Van N	2nd	None	None	3rdQual	None	None	1stRnd	None	Playoff Final Losers
18/19	Van N	1st	None	None	3rdRnd	None	None	4thRnd	None	Promoted

After banging in a massive 104 goals in 42 matches last year, my Hereford team can't seem to convert their chances this season. It's really frustrating to have the ball a lot and create a ton of chances but not scoring half of what we did last year.

Trafford - Vanarama Conference North - 2017/18

League - 12th, same as last year but with one point less. Consistent at least in that aspect, but in truth, we were in touching distance of the playoffs until a bad run of form dropped us back down. It was a bit sickening to tell you the truth. Still, the graph looks better without us spending 15 games at the bottom. Next year we really need to be pushing on to finish at least in the top half, if not playoff places. Alot of strengthening will be needed before then however.

Squad - 1 | 2 - Still a bit bloated (I threw a few no-hopers in the U21's) and not really that much standout players which I think may be the reason we're stuttering in mid-table. Looking to improve on this bunch great next year.

FA Cup - Lincoln of the Conference stood between us and the first round for the first time. We were thrashed and in truth, lucky to keep the scoreline only 3-0.

FA Trophy - Came up short in a replay against eventual league winners North Ferriby, and I think if they had agreed to extra time and not a replay, we may have snuck past. Very sly from the North Ferriby chaps.

Transfers - Some fairly good signings here, most of these lads were first teamers. Particularly pleasd with the signings of Mark Lloyd and top-scorer Greg Daniels.

Finances - Not great, but the board still gave us an increased wage budget on top of last years major increase! Now at £5.5k p/w.

Key Players

Lewis Chalmers - another really good year for the midfielder who was mostly used in a defensive midfield position if we used it following the loss of Gavin Mahon last year, who retired and became our U18 coach. Pleased for Lewis, but I fear he may be on the decline.

Jack Compton - reasonably good year for the left winger although he spenta chunk of it injured. Still, a good return from him.

Greg Daniels - took a real chance on this guy, tried to sign him last year and he opted to go elsewhere where he failed to score once across the season. In fairness, I felt he wasn't given a fair chance so when his contract was mutually terminated I took him to Trafford. He certainly returned the favour, finishing top scorer with 18 goals.

Sigh. Onwards and upwards...

Andrew Haines - Well done on promotion, you look like you have a very strong squad and should do well in the conference, perhaps another promotion. It certainly is a lot stronger than my squad.

Cardiovascular - keep at it, it could only take 1 or 2 players to change the squad into one in the playoffs

I know it thebaker! Just really struggling to find those players right now.

And the ones I do find end up leaving cause they think they're too good. Lost Robbie Cotton (CM) and Liam Smith (DC) because both thought they were too good, and they ended up with the former in the U21 squad at Skelmersdale and the latter being relegated with Buxton. Serves them right.

Its not looking good lads, just had the final whistle on our 10th loss on the bounce. That's right 10 games without so much as a point!

Chances of my next update being positive as looking slim right now!

Keep battling mate! You can turn around that bad run.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2025/26

With a decent 8th placed finish last season and the makings of a good squad, we had hopes of qualifying for Europe this time.

League Table - this was scarily easy as we battered most of our opponents. Only QPR gave us big problems, beating us twice.

Capital One Cup - we won our first major trophy as we beat Liverpool in the final.

FA Cup - QPR causing us a problem again.

Transfers - a couple of big money sales allowed us to bring a number of quality players in.

Squad - most of the weaker players are due to leave, but we need to strengthen the defence.

Finances - a tidy profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Jonata Eduardo - top scorer, but he's losing his place in the team.

Wellington Luís - a huge improvement in his second season at the club.

Alejandro Fernández - the new striker.

Jorge Flores - not bad for a free transfer.

Kenneth Wind - another great season.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners

Next Season

Retaining the title will not be an easy job, especially with the addition of the European games.

Trafford - Vanarama Conference North - 2017/18

Lewis Chalmers - another really good year for the midfielder who was mostly used in a defensive midfield position if we used it following the loss of Gavin Mahon last year, who retired and became our U18 coach. Pleased for Lewis, but I fear he may be on the decline.

Nice to see Lewis Chalmers is still playing well for you in 2018! I'm in 2017 and he's my chief scout at Kingstonian. Pretty good for this level too!

BadgeMaidstone_United.png

Maidstone United Football Club - Barclays Premier League - 2023/24

Please do not let the final position fool you into thinking this was a easy survival. This was easily my toughest season yet and at times I seriously thought we could get relegated. We spent the majority of the season just outside the drop zone and only due to a late run of form we pushed up the table as other teams faltered. We started off the season with 4 heavy defeats in a row and I was fearing the worst as I hadnt strengthened enough. We did then pick up 3 wins before we began losing again. Our form was like this most season. Lost 3 or 4 on the bounce then win a couple and repeat. We came on strongly at the end picking up 19 points from our remaining 11 games which lead us to safety.

League Table - 10th position makes the season look better than it was. Realistically we should have been alot lower.

Past Positions - You can see our inconsistant season clearly until a late surge at the end to move away from trouble.

Cups - Knocked out inboth compeititions to clubs in lower leagues. Charlton in the FA Cup 5th round and Derby in the Capital One Cup quarters.

Squad - Needs plenty of work. New left winger is needed along with a left back and defensive midfielder. I may also be tempted to bring in new centre backs also as Burgess is injured for 9 months.

Transfers - Club legend Della Verde left along with 3 other weaker players. I didnt spend a lot of money it mainly went into my wage budget. Hartmann did very well after coming in January. Ali Patasse was signed on loan with a view to a £7m deal, his contract was expiring though so I managed to sign him on a free for next season which is good business.

Finances - £38.71m in the bank with a £36.4m profit. I have a £34.94 budget to spend on transfers for next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Ali Patasse - Loanee striker who joins on a free next season. 25 goals in 32. Mainly played due to a season long injury for Pinch.

Kampamba Njobvu - Free signing who did well. Wasnt expecting this from him.

Juan Carlos Cuellar - The winger had a solid debut season. Hope for more of the same next season.

Salvatore Filippi - 10 goals and 11 assists from the midfield man. Great season.

Next Season

I aim for survival again next season. Hopefully this can be achieved with a £34.94m transfer budget and now my scouts have had an entire year searching for new players.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South              8th   
2016/17         Vanarama South              1st               Champions 
2017/18         Vanarama Conference         16th 
2018/19         Vanarama Conference         6th   
2019/20         Vanarama Conference         4th               Play off Winners
2020/21         Sky Bet League Two          1st               Champions
2021/22         Sky Bet League One          1st               Champions  
2022/23         Sky Bet Championship        1st               Champions  
2023/24         Barclays Premer League      10th

That's a respectable position to finish your first Premier League season in. Good luck for next season. Fingers crossed you can improve your league position a bit. It's a shame to see Della Verde leave your club, but I imagine he'd be 0.5 star rated in the Premier League.

Marine AFC

Season Summary 21/22

League Two

Final Position: 2nd - promoted

Professional status and increased wage budget to a whopping £11k/week attracted a new level of players and this was the best pre-season so far in terms of player recruitments.

Previous key players like Alex Rae Harvey became bench warmers and this fact caused quite a bit of trouble as I had players knocking at my door just about every week complaining they didnt play enough!

But solid players coming ensured a great season, where we scored over 100 goals for the first time ever and secured promotion with 2nd place.

Highlight of the season has to be the sensational comeback in the Johnstone Paint Trophy North Final. Having lost 3-4 at home against League one side Carlisle, we didnt have much confidence going to their ground for the return-leg, but a 6-0 win shot us to another Wembley final! Which we lost in a gutless surrender to Millwall.

Key signings

Steven Marshall SC: New club record in his debut season with 29 goals. Sadly under the influence of an evil agent and demands a new contract with sky-high salary

Kim Bertelsen DM/MC: Danish dynamite. Deep-laying playmaker who could become the new Jan Mølby if he manage to gain some weigth!

James Alton MC: New club captain and very consistent player. Hammered in quite a few shots from long range.

Robert Swaby DL/MCL: Steady performer at left back and great squad player in terms of covering three positions.

Jonas Helmes DC: A nervous wreck before most games, but rock solid at the back and also a big threat on offensive set pieces.

I have high hopes for next season as I have just received news of an improved wage budget to £30k a week, which should enable us to strengthen considerably.

We'll probably be considered odds-on for relegation, but I'm confident we will survive and maybe push for promotion with some luck and good recruitment in the summer.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One JPT        FAT 	        Achievement
15/16	Van N	19th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	  3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	5th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	  3rd Rnd	Lost play-off semifinal
17/18	Van N	4th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	  1st Rnd	Promoted through play-off
18/19	Conf  	19th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	  1st Rnd	None
19/20	Conf  	4th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	  1st Rnd	Lost play-off final
20/21	Conf  	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	  Final        Champions
21/22	L 2    	2nd	None	None	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd Final     None          Promoted

Dulwich Hamlet - Sky Bet League 2 - 2022/23

League - a very good season as we were tipped for relegation, but also a very frustrating one as we were in promotion spots all year long and in the end we fell to the play-offs where we were very poor.

FA Cup - disappointing.

Capital One Cup - a tough draw, we did our best.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - unlucky as we had the win in our hands until the last seconds.

Squad - one of our weakest squads so far in terms of overall quality, lots of strengthening to do.

Transfers - not much more could be done as we couldn't attract better players than the ones we already had.

Finances - the monthly turnovers were profitable so a good year depsite the early cup exits.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th

Next season

I'm not sure we can do as well next season without some serious signings.

Marine 2017-18 (Season 3)

"Its the hope that kills you"

League - 15th

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Qual

I return to the bad old days and crushing inconsistency. Featuring an injury crisis of wondrous proportions and shearing me of my two stand out players after Christmas for the remainder of the season. Surprisingly we struggled after that. However due to our good form falling in the first half of the season we had a nice cup run leading to a televised 1st round game against Cambridge Utd. A valiant defeat in that game but the money from the run healed off wage cuts and administration for another season. However Board meeting at the end of the season telling me I'd failed and demand 8 points from the first 5 games. Should be achievable though.

Key players

Again none of the key players from last year carried on their form so another all new cast here

Tristan Sword - wonderful opening to the season with valuable goals from midfield. Season cut short by a broken foot in Jan.

Fodé Mansaré - experienced winger looked excellent for me and his technical skills were a big part of our early season success. Season cut short by a broken leg in Jan

Will Hoskins - another experienced winger/striker. Used him on the right and was excellent when fit (you should be seeing a theme here)

Failure of the Season

Kwame Thomas - All augured well when he came in last year and bagged 9 goals in the second half of the season. 10 League goals only this year is a big let down. Also had a bit of a falling out with him when I brought him off in a game. Wouldn't speak to me the rest of the season. Back up strikers being just as poor led him to start anyway.

Prospects

Tony Thompson GK - did okay but could do with being replaced not improving as expected

Micheal Beaverstock - Left in the off season to Coventry. Got some cash and friendly out of it so helped us out financially

Plans from last season

Better cup runs SUCCESS

Look at playoffs FAIL

Plans for next season

PLAYOFFS BITCH

Striker who can score

History

Season    League      FA Cup     FA Trophy          Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    19th       2nd Qual   3rd Qual
2016/17     9th       2nd Qual   1st Round
2017/18    15th       1st Round  3rd Qual

Marine 2018-19 (Season 4)

"On the Brink"

League - 3rd

FA Cup - 3rd Qual

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

After the boards very reasonable request from last year of 8 points from our first 5 games we promptly lost the first two from winning positions. So to the brink of the sack for me. Believing that it was jet individual errors rather than wholesale tactical issues I stuck with the same system and players. 3 wins on the bounce saved me. From then on a very up and down season which is at odds with media prediction of 3rd place. Mid season sackings see me as favourite for the sack on more than one occasion and the media carried a story that a defeat at AFC Fylde would lead me to the sack. A storming 2-1 grind "saves" me apparently. From then on something happened and one thing I have not been able to do so far in my career happened. I managed to grind out results from winning positions. A few defensive re-enforcements helped a great deal and the free kicks including a hat-trick of them in one game from Hoskins dragged up us into the title race. From then we decided that blowing up with 6 games to go was crucial to our season and my heart. Although we managed to grind out a few results and secure a playoff place.

The Playoffs drew us against Braintree and we raced into a 2-0 lead in the home leg. 2 now rare defensive errors cost us a win and a 1-0 defeat in the second leg at home condemned us to another year in the Conference North.

Key players

Injuries curtailed the Marine careers of Sword and Mansaré and were let go but Hoskins was good again.

Will Hoskins - another good season from the winger. His goals from set pieces kept us in the race for promotion.

Connor Hunt - Goalkeeper who can make more saves. 13 clean sheets was a excellent return and won us points on his own. I have high hopes for his development

Regan Booty - Loanee winger. Being a right footed left winger made him very effective in my system and 10 goals was a excellent return for him. Signed for next season on non contract terms

Plans from last season

PLAYOFFS BITCH SUCCESS

Striker who can score FAIL Wide players top scoring

Plans for next season

Promotion (Board expects us to win it)

Striker please

History

Season    League      FA Cup     FA Trophy          Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    19th       2nd Qual   3rd Qual
2016/17     9th       2nd Qual   1st Round
2017/18    15th       1st Round  3rd Qual
2018/19     3rd       3rd Qual   2nd Round

Skelmersdale United

Season Summary 30/31

Premier League

Final Position 1st

In more or less pure frustration of loosing the CL Final for the 3d time, I will keep this update smaller, as it was pretty much the same as last season.

The League:

We were dominant from the start. 9 wins and 1 draw from the first 10 games had us at top and we stayed there all season. With a score of 28/8/2 we finished with 92 points. The 2 new signings in defense were amazing and we only conceded 34 goals, 1 goal more than Man Utd in second place.

The Cups:

Community Shield: Beat Man United 3-0.

Capital One Cup: Had a pretty easy run up to the semi final. Had Arsenal home in the first leg and won 4-3, before succumbing to a 3-1 loss away.

FA Cup: Won the final on penalties after 1-1 in extra time with Chelsea.

ECC: Lost 1 game in the grp play vs AC Milan away, but finished with 15 pts. Beat Fiorentina 5-0 over two legs in the 1st round. In the Quarter Final we played Barcelona. Won 2-0 at home and was up 1-0 half time away. Then Barca made scored 4 goals in 20 minutes and it looked as if we were out, but luckily we scored a goal in the 90th minute and won on away goals. In the Semi Final we killed Juventus 3-2 away and 7-1 home. In the Final Man Utd took revenge and with a set piece goal in the 88th minute we lost the 3d final 2-1.

The Key Players:

Juliano: Was brilliant in the league and not to such in the cups. Finished Golden Glove Runner up. (With same clean sheets as the winner from Man Utd, but with alot more games played GG Sigames)

Christian Madrid - DL: New signing.

Paulo Eduardo - DC: New signing

Fabián Enfanjer - DM: Simply put just our best midfielder.

Moha - AML: Was given captain this year and repaid that favor with his best season. 30 goals and 17 assists in 47 games. Also pretty much won every African reward he could this year. His 4th year with us and for some odd reason, he hasn't played national side since joining us, but after this season, he was called up again.

Larkin - AMR: Stepped up and played really well in the absence of Duka who broke a leg.

Peter Zlatkov - AMR/L/SC: New signing from Bulgarian side Petrelul, for a bargain price of 4.5mill. Really looking forward to seeing him mature.

Babo - SC: As Moha, he had his best season. 58 goals, 32 assists in 62 games. ECC Golden Boot, ECC most MOM, Best player in Europe. Despite scoring 30 goals in the league, he only placed 4th there :eek:

One major signing for next season:

John - MC: Joining from Atlético Mineiro for 21.5mill. Amazing stats for his tender 22 years of age. My 20/20 scout said world class, but Messi wasn't as impressed and "only" labeled him leading PRM player heh.

I did sell of quite a few players this season, but they were expensive subs and our finances cannot handle that yet. I have a few young english players that can easily work as subs if needed for fatigue/injury.

The Extras:

Board agreed to put in another cheese quarter on the stadium increasing our capacity with 7k

was scored against us, as Arsenal player Ian Caton scored an overhead kick goal.

This reporter, for not having his facts straight.

More screens of players/matches can be found on my steam profile if interested.

15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!
18/19	Conf	9th	None	None	2nd Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd None
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
20/21	L2	12th	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None
21/22	L2	1st	None	None	5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi F	None	Promoted!
22/23	L1	3rd	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Qtr F	None	None
23/24	L1	2nd	None	None	3rd Rnd	Final	1st Rnd	None	Promoted, Capital One Runner Up
24/25	CH	4th	None	None	6th Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None	Promoted via playoffs
25/26	PRM	12th	None	None	6th Rnd	4th Rnd	None	None	None
26/27	PRM	5th	None	None	6th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winner, Euro Qual
27/28	PRM	2nd	None	2nd Rnd	5th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winnder, CL Qual
28/29	PRM	1st	Final	None	6th Rnd	Qtr F	None	None	PRM winner, CL Final
29/30	PRM	1st	Final	None	Final	4th Rnd	None	None	PRM Winner, CL Final, Com Shield Winner
30/31	PRM	1st	Final	None	Final	Semi F	None	None	PRM Winner, CL Final, FA Winner, Com Shield Winner

Archived