dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slough Town FC is based in Slough, a fairly large borough just west of London, we'll be playing in a new park. It might not even be built yet as the facilities doesn't have a year built date and I'm not sure whether the real version of the park has actually been approved. Looks like it could be quite a challenge (probably not the smartest thing after my experience in Corby) with a 5.25k budget and a pretty rubbish looking squad. Some strength in the midfield but no depth anywhere. Actually have a great looking 19 year old fullback but his contract is expiring and he won't talk.

We're pegged to finish last with 150-1 odds. This could be a very short run.

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama Conference South - 2018/19

League - we improved a lot from last season and we were one of the clubs fighting for the playoff spots, but 4 defeats in the last 5 games ended our hopes.

FA Cup - vintage kingjericho, early exit at home to underdog.

FA Trophy - a so-so performance but Torquay were better in the replay.

Squad - some good players came in and we have a balanced squad.

Transfers - the loanee striker leaving means we'll have to attack the free agents.

Finances - a monumental failure in the FA Cup and the board's unwillingness to arrange a senior affiliate are main reasons for this situation.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th

Next season

With a few more quality players coming in and more consistency in the league we can do better.

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2017/18

I wanted to try and build upon our first campaign in the Vanarama Conference and try and better our finish this season.

League Table

Past Positions -i did not expect fireworks from my team but nice good run form would of been nice but we were poor all season and got relegated.

FA Cup- we had poor finances so wanted bit of run to try and boost the finances a bit with help of a first round replay vs Leyton Orient and lost 2 -0.

FA Trophy - wanted to try the kids in this competition this season see how they did and they did well got to a third round replay and lost 3-0 to Worcester.

Transfers - i had to let few players leave due to wage budget being to high.

Squad- small group players was proberly reason why we were relegated.

Finances - I was told to try and make some extra income by selling players so i did and finances are £325k in the red.

Key Player Profiles:

Simeon Akinola - top scorer last season but could not find the back of the net much this season poor season.

Brett Johnson - again was another player who i was pretty disappointed with not like last season.

Jide Maduako - my best player of the season was only high point of the season.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  3rd     play off winners 
2016/17   Vanarama Conference          19th     None   
2017/18   Vanarama Conference          24th     None 

Next Season

to try and sort the clubs finances out and try and bounce straight back up.

Sacked in March outside the relegation zone after my wage bill was cut from 4.6k to 3k and 3 of my best players were forcibly released. Got called into the boardroom and told to get 7 points from the next 5 games. Lost first 3 and was sacked. All this after starting well is very gutting.

Sacked in March outside the relegation zone after my wage bill was cut from 4.6k to 3k and 3 of my best players were forcibly released. Got called into the boardroom and told to get 7 points from the next 5 games. Lost first 3 and was sacked. All this after starting well is very gutting.

Welcome to the club mate! I'm on my forth team on this save already!!!!

Skelmersdale United

Season Summary 28/29

Premier League

Final League Position 1st

The League:

Went into the season with the same tactic as previous. Despite having better players in several positions, we still let in alot of goals. Decided to "steal" Man Utd's formation, as they were letting in such a low number of goals. Tactic was pretty much trained already and after a few games a huge difference started to show. We were at top of the league pretty much all season and finished in first position 8 points ahead of number 2 with an amazing goal score of 98/37 in the league. With this new formation and only 1 attacker, it really suited Babo who amazed broke the PRM league record with 39 goals in a season and 53 goals and 21 assists overall. The personal highlight of the league, was recording our first win in 4 seasons against Man City.

The Cups:

Neither the FA or Capital One was good this year. In the FA we went out in the 6th Rnd to league runner up Arsenal and in the Capital One it was disappointing to exit in the quarter finals, after having won the competition twice in a row.

The Champions League however, we did really well. We went into a pretty tough grp with Schalke, last years EURO winner Inter and Zenit. Schalke H - A, Inter H - A, Zenit H - A. We had a good 4-2 win vs Schalke at home, but loosing the return game 3-1 saw us tied with 10 pts and finishing second in the grp. In the first round we were handed SLB and pulled a great 4-1 win home. In the return game or keeper was injured close to end of first half and we forced to use a non contract sub, as I had sold our back up keeper. This resulted in a 4-2 loss and we only managed to progress with luck of the home game. In the qtr final we had another portguese team Porto and pulled a 3-2 away win and 4-3 home win giving us the chance of Man Utd, Chelsea and Barcelona in the semi final. We were lucky and drew Chelsea. In 2 close games we won 2-1 home and 1-0 away, sending us to the final were Barcelona was waiting. Then international callups came crippling the team. Our two key defendes, first team back up defender and our amazing DM were missing, forcing me to go to U21 and get non contract players, just to be able to field a team. Despite our crippled team we came really really close and lost 1-0 on a free kick. Loosing a game, only due to national callups and then in the CL Final is really tough, as I am sure if we could field our strongest setup we would have won that game.

The Players: (will yet again list the noteworthy players.

Keeper: With our new tactic Juliano only averaged 1 goal conceded a game with 15 clean sheets in the league and 20 total. He also had a fun news item, especially the part where Brazil hasn't won a game, since he departed (he never played a first team game for them before becoming an english national)

Defense:

DL: Stewart Caton keeps improving as his counter on DR they both are really good in the offensive phases.

DC: Ntshingila key defender in the defensive phase, but unfortunately lack the skills on offense. Was also named African defender of the Year.

DC: Almirón key as well and is great both defense and offense.

DR: Rajko Radic new signing from Red Star for 8.5mill. Only have 1 word for him - amazing.

DC Joker 1: Maggiolo - Am torn between him and Ntshingila as first choice.

DC/DR Joker 2: Arroyo - Will soon be first choice, taking it slowly and will use him as key player when/if I decide to sell one of the current key players, but he will get more games next season.

Midfield:

DM - Fabián Enfanjer. Have had him on wish list for some time. He was released by Real Madrid and instantly offered him a contract. He wanted 200k/week which I couldn't give. Waited until next transfer window and he wanted 140k. He settled for 95, the max I could give at that moment, with a raise to 125k after 5 games and 20% wage rise. But he is worth every penny. I see him as the main reason we didn't concede more goals than we did. 89% passing and a tackle ratio of 10.14 average. World class DM.

MC: Ferri, Izzo and Duhamel was played in rotation depending fitness and all played really well.

WL: Moha was really good on left wing and had 17 goals, 16 assists in 44 games. He was also named African Midfielder of the Year, as well as African Footballer of the Year runner up.

WR: With only 1 attacker, Duca played most season as right winger and had 24 goals, 15 assists in 47 games. He plays alot better in that position, than he ever did in the attack. He as also named English Player's Player of the Year.

WR/L Larkin didn't get as many games this season, as both Moha and Duca was playing on merit all season.

Striker:

There can be only one, and that one is Babo. 53 goals and 21 assists in 55 games. Won English Footballer of the Year, as well as Best Player in Europe. Nothing greeted my heart more, than him signing a new 5 year contract and his min fee was removed from contract!

We did sell off quite a few players, but not more than i could cope with injuries. The bad experience from the CL Final, will have me look for good EU nationals, that will accept to be backup players. That should be fun.

In other news: Board agreed to expand the stadium. Wait, that was cancelled. Then they decided to add more seats - I shall wait and see what happens and until then, we will be playing at 48k Anfield. I can live with that :D

Man Citys Junior broke an 18 year old record, and scored 6 goals in 1 PRM game :eek:

700 games management. I do love Messis comment!

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!
18/19	Conf	9th	None	None	2nd Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd None
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
20/21	L2	12th	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None
21/22	L2	1st	None	None	5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi F	None	Promoted!
22/23	L1	3rd	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Qtr F	None	None
23/24	L1	2nd	None	None	3rd Rnd	Final	1st Rnd	None	Promoted, Capital One Runner Up
24/25	CH	4th	None	None	6th Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None	Promoted via playoffs
25/26	PRM	12th	None	None	6th Rnd	4th Rnd	None	None	None
26/27	PRM	5th	None	None	6th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winner, Euro Qual
27/28	PRM	2nd	None	2nd Rnd	5th Rnd	Final	None	None	Capital One Winnder, CL Qual
28/29	PRM	1st	Final	None	6th Rnd	Qtr F	None	None	PRM winner, CL Final

Marine AFC

Season Summary 19/20

Conference

Final Position 4th - lost play-off final

Spent ages before this season looking for players, was beginning to be hard to find useful additions with the wage budget (£5k/week) I was operating on. It really payed off though and especially Tommy Bell (SC 0,80 goals/90 mins), Man Utd reject Karl Hamer (ML 21 starts/10 goals - 6 assists), Danny O'Halloran (MR 40 starts/7 goals - 17 assists) were big improvements in the first eleven and major contributors to a season that went way better than the expected relegation battle.

We were in the top 6 of the table almost all season, briefly 1st around Christmas, but a bad spell in the new year made sure we hade no chance of top spot and automatic promotion.

Play-off matches was heaven and hell. Won the semifinal thanks to a late goal that came from a long-throw move that was set up in detail before the match. I hadnt touched those instruction for 5 seasons, (yeah, yeah poor managment I know), so scoring that important goal was incredibly rewarding. Then came the final at Wembley and we were crushed 3-0 by Gateshead. Oh well....still that day at Wembley secured our finances and we're finally in the green!

So now I as allowed a 3rd coach and wage budget rocketed up from 5k a week to 6.75k a week. Bring on next season!

15/16	Van N	19th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	5th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	3rd Rnd	Lost play-off semifinal
17/18	Van N	4th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	1st Rnd	Promoted through play-off
18/19	Conf  	19th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	1st Rnd	None
19/20	Conf  	4th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Lost play-off final

St Neots Town FC

2018/19

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

Conference North - 4th

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Overview

Being a bit lazy I didn't post updates to my first two seasons 2016/17 and

-11-30%2011.59.59.png?dl=0'>2017/18. To catch up, both seasons were un-eventful. It took longer than usual to improve the quality of my squad so into my second season there were quite a number of players I started with making up the first team. I think that the extra season of holidaying may have seen the reputation drop for St Neots which would explain this.

My third season, despite some impressive signings was underwhelming to begin with. Up until November we were stuck in midtable. The catalyst for improvement was the release of the update to FM2015, it caused my tactic to become completely ineffective meaning I had to make changes. For another couple of months the revised tactic was a partial success but proved to be unreliable. In desparation around xmas I changed my box to box midfielder for an advanced playmaker. I would never have rationally tried this as I figured it would leave my defence exposed (I was planning on trying to tweek other positions to counter this). Somehow it worked. Really well. The midfield started to link up better with the attack and the AP still put in the requistite workload. The first result was a 6-1 victory over Hyde followed by another 7 wins on the trot. Towards the end of the season I was in sight of automatic promotion and another few weeks might have given us time to get there. No problem though, a 2-1 win over Alfreton in extra time saw us promoted through the playoff final.

Going into the new season, I have signed up a number of new players to come into the team. Only five of last years promotion side I am planning on being first team regulars next season. The increase in quality should see us able to challenge towards the top end of the Conference.

The Team

GK Alan Ramsden - Keeper signed on loan from Chelsea for the season. Was first choice all year.

WB Elliot Kebble - 24 year old Rightback signed from Charlton on a free this season.

CB Nick Hobbs - Young Centre-back signed from Crystal Palace. Had played 10 times in the championship before dropping into the lower leagues.

CB Josh Coulson - Was a regular in League two for Cambridge for 4 seasons before signing for us at the start of the season.

FB Archie Edwards - Left-back picked up from Charlton midway through the season. Pushed Jordan Evans up into Midfield.

RM Josimar Quintero - Ecuadorian winger was on the books of Barcelona and Chelsea before signing for us last season. Potentially will play fullback next season.

AP Aaron McEneff - Ex Tottenham N.Irish midfielder played for Oxford for a number of seasons before signing for us last season. Played in a number of positions.

DLP Greg Tempest - Ex-Notts County midfielder played in midfield and on the wing. Was a regular in leagues 1 and 2 before dropping into the Conference North.

W Jordan Evans - Wide player signed from Fulham started the season at fullback before pushing up to play left wing.

AF Anderson Banvo - Ivorian striker signed from Burton. Had a slow start to the season before going on the rampage in the last couple of months. Scored 15 goals in the last 9 games.

DLF Mousafa Zeidan - Swedish forward picked up following his release from Aston Villa. Contributed 25 goals and 17 assists.

16/17	Van N	18th	None	None	3rdQual	None	None	3rdQual	None
17/18	Van N	10th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	3rdQual	None
18/19	Van N	3rd	None	None	3rdQual	None	None	3rd Rnd	Promoted

Canvey Island - Sky Bet Championship - 2023/24

Despite a mid table finish last season, I had brought in a few quality players so I knew we stood a good chance of making the playoffs if I could add just a few key players.

League Table - our leaky defence made us very inconsistent, but somehow Brighton were unable to take advantage of our dips in form.

Capital One Cup - once again we lost out to Premier League opposition.

FA Cup - another great run, but outclassed by better opposition again.

Transfers - the player sales allowed me to bring some great free transfers in.

Squad - the defence is the only area that badly needs strengthening.

Finances - doesn't look great, but the TV money next year should sort that out.

Key Player Profiles:

Fabinho - this was the goal scorer we badly missed last season.

Martin Jakobsen - had a great season supporting Fabinho.

Arnaud Gautier - another great season, despite finishing as a right back.

Piero Serio - having a DM like this makes such a difference.

Philip Clarke - made an impact when signed late on during an injury crisis.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 

Next Season

Next season will be all about building a squad capable of competing in the Premier League, while avoiding relegation.

Dons, I can't believe how close you are to completing the challenge. Well done achieving so much in 13 seasons.

Cheers. It was the 14th update though and just started the 15th season. Last 2 seasons have been great indeed, main issue is the finances, as with a "small" stadium and thu less income, the wage budget and initial budget is likewise. There are players available that could be game changers, but either I cannot afford to buy them or I cannot give them the wages they demand.

Evertonblokes Stamford Season 21/22

So moving on to my 4th club now and I tried to lower my expectations, this is a smallest of all the clubs I have been at so it was going to be tougher than any of the others I have failed at!

With Mike Bassets immortal words ringing in my ears, "Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight England will be playing four four f**king two!" I set up my three tactics with a very basic 442 with Counter, Defensive, and Control options.

Media prediction was rock bottom and it was obvious why. We got off to a good start in comparison being about 15th after 10 games or so, but it was tough going after that, steadily dropping down the division until after one particularly bad run of 5 loses in a row I found myself dead last.

It was hard to take as in most games I felt we were just missing a spark, a certain something I couldn't place. We then hit some nice form playing on the counter and got a few wins together, at one point we were back up out of the relegation places and things were looking good for a respectable finish.

6 games to go and I was 19th and in good form, then it changed again, damned if I can see why, it just changed!

We lost, and again, and again, then a draw, then another loss. In each of those games I felt things went against us and that on the balance we deserved more than we got from scoreline.

The last game rolled around and we were 21st, but there was only 2 points separating 21st and 18th. It was all to play for and we were overdue a win.

Last game kicked off and within 10 mins we were losing! But the team fought magnificently, and brought it back to 1 all by half time and 2-1 with about 15 minutes left to play.

I called up the league table in the match screen, still 21st Whitton, Brackley, and Gloucester were all winning, then Brackley dropped below us, they were drawing. 85 mins gone and Gloucester dropped two points so we were equal, but the held on to 19th spot. The clock ticking away and not a great deal happening in any of the matches that mattered.

86, 87, 88, 89, 90, injury time........ Game over. We finished 20th, relegated. Again. I checked the league table and almost cried, there was two goals in it. How many times had we conceded injury time goals, how many draws could have been wins or losses could have been draws, only needed one more to have gone in our favour and it would have been a different story.

I just hope theres someone coming that's desperate enough to give me another shot!

Summary:

15/16 Billericay - Conf South - 13th

16/17 Billericay - Conf South - 9th

17/18 Billericay - Conf South - 20th - Relegated and sacked

18/19 Margate - Conf South - 11th

19/20 Margate - Conf South - Sacked in October

20/21 Canvey Island - Conf South - 22nd - Relegated and sacked

21/22 Stamford - Conf North - 20th - Relegated and sacked

OK, got a slight problem (aside from my massive personal lack of talent!)

The only teams that are coming up managerless are not on the list of acceptable teams.

I'm going to have to add a Holiday Man to a promoted team to displace their current manager so I can apply.

I hope this is ok with the challenge.

Let me know if not and I will have to start a new manager from season 15/16

OK, got a slight problem (aside from my massive personal lack of talent!)

The only teams that are coming up managerless are not on the list of acceptable teams.

I'm going to have to add a Holiday Man to a promoted team to displace their current manager so I can apply.

I hope this is ok with the challenge.

Let me know if not and I will have to start a new manager from season 15/16

I was under the impression that if you were sacked you would skip forward to promotion day, then retire your manager and just add a new one as we did for the first season? Thats what I did anyway!

WP5Ujj5.jpg

Matlock Town - 2015/16 - Conference North - 13th

After starting this challenge what feels like a lifetime ago, I've finally had a chance to play through the first season!

League Table - League Positions - Our performance in the league was fairly mixed, where one match we could be losing to relegation candidates and the next we would be beating play-off contenders. As soon as it looked like we may be slipping down towards the relegation battlers, we always picked up a couple of wins to pull away. Four straight wins to finish the season dragged us up to finish a wholly respectable 13th. Not bad for a first season, but I do think we could have finished higher as there were a lot of games where we had the upper hand but just couldn't put the chances away.

Cups - Our cup performances were nothing to note, being knocked out by Solihull in the first round of the FA Trophy and being battered in a replay away to Stourbridge in the 3rd qualifying round for the FA Cup.

Transfers - A standard opening season of transfers, clearing out the deadwood and trying to bring in a few young promising players on a free. A couple of players were signed just before I took over, both of whom will be getting the boot at the end of their contract.

Squad - Managed to pull together a decent squad with at least one player to cover each position. Was fortunate not to suffer with too many injuries, which meant I didn't have to rotate the squad too much.

Key Players - No superstars this season, but the following had a decent impact.

Jacob Gibson - My top scorer, and third highest scorer in the league. Was pretty wasteful, but performed a lot better than any of my other players in the advance forward role. Unfortunately, he won't renew his contract at the moment after he pulled out of my original negotiations back in March.

Corey Gregory - Again, nothing too special but played consistently on the wing and picked up a few crucial goals.

David Haggerty - Second best defender attributes wise, but was by far the most consistent throughout the season.

Finances - Unsurprisingly, despite being about 20% under my wage budget of £6k a week, I was bleeding money from the off. Not too much I can do here, unless I get promoted. Fortunately, next season's budget hasn't hit my wage budget ...yet.

Overall, fairly happy with the first season performance, and feel we could have placed a bit higher if we were more efficient in front of goal. Realistic aim for next season is an upper mid table finish, but reckon I could manage the play-offs with the right signings.

Season     Division              Position    Cups
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16      Conference North      13th        FAC - 3Q, FAT - 1R

Great first season Wellyboo

Well Done getting to the Prem dafuge

Great promotion Andrew Haines Looks like you got some great players for that level. Back to back promotions could be on.

Unlucky in the final Tuddur But a great season anyway.

So close Dons. Done fantastic and Babo looks a beast.

Unlucky dj clark boy hope you bounce straight back up.

kingjericho Good season, hopefully you can make that final push and go up this season.

EvertonblokesMobile It sounds wrong but I'm loving your struggles. Keep at it. When you win the champions league it will be so much sweeter:thup:

OK, got a slight problem (aside from my massive personal lack of talent!)The only teams that are coming up managerless are not on the list of acceptable teams.I'm going to have to add a Holiday Man to a promoted team to displace their current manager so I can apply.I hope this is ok with the challenge.Let me know if not and I will have to start a new manager from season 15/16
That's fine. It's an unusual scenario that I don't think has happened before though.

BadgeMaidstone_United.png

Maidstone United Football Club - Vanarama Conference - 2019/20

This was a great season for us as at the start of the season the board decided we should go professional. I tied down all my players to full time contracts and then went about improving the side to mount a promotion push. We couldnt find a striker in the early season until I took inspiration from Cleons post so I found a midfielder with all the stats I wanted for my striker and went about retraining him. It has also helped massively being able to scout UK and Ireland as the talent available increased dramatically. We made the playoffs very easily and faced Burton in the semi finals a comfortable 3-0 victory in the first leg set us on our way and we confirmed our place in the final with a 2-1 win. We faced Gateshead in the final and I thought it was all over at half time as we were 3-0 down thanks to some awful goalkeeping. We came storming back in the 2nd half and won 4-3 with a double from my converted striker.

League Table - Comfortably in the play offs almost all season. Just could not catch the league leaders we had a couple of slips at the end of the season as we should have really finished 2nd.

Past Positions - We managed to get the consistancy I wanted and stayed in the play offs all season.

Cups - Got past the 1st round for the first time. Knocked out League 1 Yeovil in round 1 3-0 and then took league 1 Tranmere to a replay in round 2. In the first leg we drew 2-2 but annoyingly missed 2 penalties. We lost in the replay and missed out on a dream tie away to Arsenal.

Squad - Solid squad still with some players from the Conference South who have stepped up really well. Will go on the lookout for new players to keep us up next season.

Transfers - Another massive turnaround. The loanees did very well. Standout signings are Phil Burgess and Oliver Pinch who were both released from Man United.

Finances - Still over £1m in the bank.

Key Player Profiles:

Lyle Della Verde - Top rated player again. Hopefully can step up to League 2.

Oliver Pinch - Took inspiration from Cleon and I am currently converting this midfielder into a Complete Forward. Not appy at being played out of position but 16 goals in 22 is brilliant.

Luke Amos - Another great season from the goal scoring midfielder.

Justin Pejic - Loaned in from Derby. 14 goals and 21 assists. Great return.

Next Season

Just hope to survive next season.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South              8th   
2016/17         Vanarama South              1st               Champions 
2017/18         Vanarama Conference         16th 
2018/19         Vanarama Conference         6th   
2019/20         Vanarama Conference         4th            Play off Winners       

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama Conference South - 2019/20

League - we were 2nd for a long time and onlt took the lead with 4 games to go. I'm very pleased with only 4 losses and a great defensive record (20 clean sheets).

FA Cup - a tough draw.

FA Trophy - we went toe to toe with higher division opposition and we came out fighting.

Squad - the squad is big and some players can make various positions, so I can trim the numbers next season.

Transfers - good signings (the loans covered injuries) that made up a pretty strong squad.

Finances - with no FA Cup the scenery can't much different.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion

Next season

We have a strong defensive foundation, and if we don't run into losing streaks we can hold our own in the new league.

Margate - Vanarama Conference South - 2018/19

so start of a new season we were relegated last season and i wanted to try and avoid the relegation again.

League Table

Past Positions - as you can see our form was a bit hit and miss but pleased with were we finished.

FA Cup-we are never going to win this but bit cup run every season would't go a miss to help the clubs finances.

FA Trophy - felt we had good chance at this this season we did ok in the games we played.

Transfers - sent few players off on free transfers and bought few in.

Squad- half of the squad will be leave at the end of the season as they will not negotiate new deals.

Finances -£251k in the red so the players that are leave at end of their contracts this season will hopefully make this drop a bit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Down - top scorer this season with 17 goals in 35 games.

Luke Moore - was pleased with how he played in the midfield was quality.

Richard Stephenson -one of the better defenders at the club had solid season.

Zac Attwood -this guy was quality once he found his scoring boots again .

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  3rd     play off winners 
2016/17   Vanarama Conference          19th     None   
2017/18   Vanarama Conference          24th     None  
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   6h     None 

Next Season

to try and balance the club wages a bit better and promote some of the kids and start developing them.

X4t5z3U.png

tXlw0mj.png

Season 2016-17

Vanarama Conference

Final Position - 1st.

3H7laaf.jpg

Squad | Transfers | League Table | Finances | Profile | Board Confidence

The League

Where to start. After winning promotion from the Conference North in the first season, I was all set for multiple seasons of attrition in this league, as is the norm when I do a lower league save. And indeed the start to the season led me to believe this would be the case again. My 4-4-2 from the first season was struggling in a higher league, so I had to revamp things. My first attempt wasn't great, and I ended up with a high pressing, controlled 4-3-3, and it somehow worked a dream. I also revamped the squad and managed to bring in a number of decent young players, most of whom fit in superbly. The season wasn't without its tribulations, however. The hard pressing tactic I was using had its downside. Injuries. And lots of them. At one point in the year, I had ten first team regulars out at the one time. So something had to give. I made a few changes to my in-game decisions, taking breathers, lessening the hard tackling when winning, etc. In addition to this, I started to pay real attention to detail on match fitness and player condition, which in turn also helped with player rotation. I had a relatively big squad, but I needed them all.

Some incredible victories throughout the season culminating in the team scoring 106 goals. My top scorer was my right winger with just 18 goals, and in all, I had five players who got double figures for goals, so it was well spread out. A superb team effort.

I said I had did something I had never done since Champ Man 93-94, and that is winning back to back promotions from the English leagues, last achieved with my York City side over 20 years ago. Absolutely delighted of course. I never thought it was possible, but with our finances in such a bad way, I've got a really meagre budget for League 2, so I'm not expecting miracles three seasons in a row.

Not too much to talk about in the cups. Reached the 1st round proper in the FA Cup before losing to Exeter in a replay, but I had a decent run to the quarters of the FA Trophy before losing to Gateshead. Meh, cups were a distraction, as usual.

Top Players

Dean O'Halloran - Irish right winger who was no better than average in the Conference North in my 4-4-2 tactic, but completely burst into life in this league playing further forward. Finished as top scorer with 18 goals, and would have had a good few more were it not for a lot of niggling injuries throughout the season. Terrific player though, who has now signed a deal until 2020. At just 21, he's got some future, hopefully for us.

Ben Greenhalgh - Yip, him again. One of my top players last season, and the same again this year. A devastating combo on the left with O'Halloran on the right, both of them ripped the Conference defence to shreds, but like his Irish counterpart, he had a season disrupted with injuries, hence him starting just 28 of the 46 league matches. One of the older players in the squad at 24, he's just reaching his peak as a winger. Had the highest average rating of all my players the season just past.

Jon Toral - I'm a sucker for a good foreign player in FM, and you don't get that many when at this level. This kid was released by Arsenal at the end of the previous season, and after a successful trial, was signed on a 2-year deal, and didn't disappoint. Formed part of a great midfield trio with on-loan Ivor Lawton and Matt Crooks, and added a touch of latin flair to my side throughout the season.

So, that was the season that was. Completely unexpected, but I feel like the good times may be coming to an abrupt halt. I've played FM for enough years to know the kick in the teeth is never far from the horizon!

Year    League    Pos.  FA.Cup   JPT    FAT      Achievement
15-16   Van Nth   1st   2nd Qual N/A    3rd Qual Promotion!!!
16-17   Van Cnf   1st   1st Rnd  N/A    4th Rnd  Promotion!!!

I'm starting this years challenge! Loaded up this save last night and it's taken me this long to find a team I'm pleased with. Wanted a team less than 1500 and have managed to find that in Trafford. So here I am!

Players are mostly on non-contracts, great. First news item is Man Utd U21's challenging us to a friendly. :D

I wanted Trafford :). Didn't think anyone would get them.

Zb39ZwV.png

After many hours of reloading I have settled with Blyth.

Media Prediction is 20th which looks fair looking at the players I have got :)

Looking bleak and one of the hardest starts I have ever had doing this challenge.

3 Scouts are interested 6 JP and JA is the best I normally have a better one than that :rolleyes:

Around 200 players are interest at the start which is lower than in past years where I think it is near double. Don't know if the Ass man impacts the truth of that.

Going to keep things simple tactic wise and go 442 TM and Poacher and counter with long balls hopefully from a DLP who can pass. Defensively sit back and try to soak the pressure up.

My Profile

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

2019/20

Squad | Table | Transfers

Made a poor start to the season as the team seemed unable to win at home, mostly as they couldn't score and conceeded 2 or 3 a game. Away from home a 4-3-3 DM wide formation was doing well and the team ended the season the 2nd best away team. At home i was playing 4-4-2 but changed from direct to keep possession in oct which changed my home form from the worst in the division to about midtable by the end. A good dec and jan put the team into midtable before a winless feb made relegation a possibility again. 8 wins in 9 propelled the team onto the edges of the playoffs. 1 point from the last 2 games meant the team failed to make them this season. It ended up being a frustrating year as the poor start caught up with the team as well as the fact that they dominated a lot of games without winning as they couldn't take their chances.

Lost in the FA cup 2-0 at home to Hereford and disappointingly to lower league Chasetoen in the FA trophy.

Finances are getting worse with the club 65k in debt as poor attendances (just 410 average) all year had an effect.

Let go of a few players this year, Waller-Lasson (114 apps, 27 goals) left as Quintero was the first choice RM, Quintero wasn't as good as last year only rediscovering his goal touch in the last month of the season. Daniels (97 apps, 18 goals) was replaced by Osman and Goodchild, Osman as a backup player was particually effective, Goodchild had a lot of injuries.

The defence played much better although still seemed prone to losses of form and LB was a concern. Stannard did well and is my only youth player to play more than 5 games for me in the 4 years.

Stenning suffered a lot of injuries but his setpieces had more effect as the season went on to earn himself a new contract.

Up front Clark got back to his best and was the star player for the team. Korosi spent much of the time injured. Flint (75 games, 28 goals) has provided good backup but left although Sho-silva came in and scored a few.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        12th       2nd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        17th       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        18th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        7th        4th Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None

I can't quite believe how well this is going just now. This is my finest result so far. First season in League 2, away to Bolton who just came down from League 1. Ten of my starting XI are players from last season.

lXJwtI2.png

I know it's all going to go belly up soon, but I'm living the dream with the Bulls at the moment!!

I can't quite believe how well this is going just now. This is my finest result so far. First season in League 2, away to Bolton who just came down from League 1. Ten of my starting XI are players from last season.

lXJwtI2.png

I know it's all going to go belly up soon, but I'm living the dream with the Bulls at the moment!!

Thats really strange. In my first season in League 2 (report to come tonight) Bolton were also in there with me. I beat them 5-2 and 5-1.

Thats really strange. In my first season in League 2 (report to come tonight) Bolton were also in there with me. I beat them 5-2 and 5-1.

I have Della Verde in my squad as well, although he's been nowhere close to being as successful for me as he has for you. In fact, I've punted him out on loan for this season, and his contract probably won't be renewed at the end of 2019, probably sell him before that. He's made only 10 league starts for me in two seasons. Good stats for that level, just hasn't fitted into my side. Would be interesting to see how his stats are in my save in comparison to yours.

0jYv7OR.png

I have Della Verde in my squad as well, although he's been nowhere close to being as successful for me as he has for you. In fact, I've punted him out on loan for this season, and his contract probably won't be renewed at the end of 2019, probably sell him before that. He's made only 10 league starts for me in two seasons. Good stats for that level, just hasn't fitted into my side. Would be interesting to see how his stats are in my save in comparison to yours.

0jYv7OR.png

You will see very shortly as I'm just about to do my End of Season report. Yet again he will be in the key player profile section as he scored the 2nd highest average rating in my team.

Archived