dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My players are ALWAYS tired. Always. Can't get them anywhere near 100% and my training is all on Low - is this something to expect at that level / in that division?

In the lower if you have individual training on, you should expect to give them another rest day or 2 between matches. If you don't have individual on, only the "worse stamina" players will need some extra resting.

The budget is my own fault given our finances, spend 49 mill last season in total on transfers - they added increased transfers after i changed season expectations to top half finish. But with Man Utd or Chelsea taking turn in being almost invincible at winners for the last 5 seasons, it's definately a challenge.

X4t5z3U.png

tXlw0mj.png

Season 2015-16

Vanarama Conference North

Final Position - 1st.

3H7laaf.jpg

Squad | Transfers | League Table | Finances | Profile | Board Confidence

The League

In the end the history books will show a comfortable league title triumph for Hereford, but fans and players alike will know this was anything but routine. Despite being well ahead from around week 9 in the season, it turned into a real struggle at the end as the players inexplicably staged a mini-mutiny at the most crucial time of the season culminating with picking up just nine points from the final seven games. Thankfully runners up Altrincham crashed and burned over the last few games, and we clinched the title. We were expected to win the league given the club stature and wage budget, so my job was on the line had we not managed it, particularly as the board hauled me into the office complaining about squad harmony on the eve of the game to clinch the title. Way to go board, perfect timing.

Despite all that though, it has to go down as a success. I spent 8 seasons at this level in the FM14 challenge, so it's nice to get out of this damn league at the first time of asking. I suspect the real hard work will start now though. I had a pretty poor record against the top teams in the league, and given most of the Conference will be of a higher standard than that, there's work to be done.

The Cups

An utter disaster really. With the clubs finances looking grim, I was hoping for a good run to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup and a money spinning Premier League tie. But I forgot about the curse of the 'greyed out teams'. Losing to a ruthlessly efficient Needham Market at home was hard to take. And the FA Trophy was no better. Again, a non-league club completely outplayed me. Nonsense. Better luck next time. Hopefully I'll draw a team actually in the game next time!!

Top Players

Jack Muldoon - Top scorer for me this season, with a very healthy 21 goals. Always a menace in an around the box, a classic poacher, who despite his lack of height, filled in admirably as a target man on a couple of enforced occasions. Great team player and solid professional who never moaned once all season, which was a rarity in this squad.

Ben Greenhalgh - Stats wise, my top player, and also finished with one of the highest average ratings in the squad (7.33), but by christ, what a moaning faced arse of a player. Constantly moaned about getting first team football despite starting almost every game from January onwards. After the last game of the season, he finally relented, and I quickly jumped in and snapped him up on a new 2-year deal as he was refusing to talk beforehand. He might be a sourpuss, but he's the best player I have. so have to keep him.

Luke Coddington - Very high hopes for this kid. Signed initially as back up to veteran keeper Daryl Flavahan, he quickly established himself as our number 1 keeper with a string of brilliant displays. His stats have shot up this year, and at only 20 years of age, has many great years ahead of him. He's a player who could come up through the leagues with me. A real chance to be a club legend in years to come.

So there you have it. A season that should have been plain sailing besieged with turmoil and illogical behaviour. I've got absolutely no idea what to expect next season, or whether I'll last long enough to find out. It's a new challenge though, and I suppose the exciting thing is that absolutely anything can happen.

Year    League    Pos.  FA.Cup   JPT    FAT      Achievement
15-16   Van Nth   1st   2nd Qual N/A    3rd Qual Promotion!!!

In the lower if you have individual training on, you should expect to give them another rest day or 2 between matches. If you don't have individual on, only the "worse stamina" players will need some extra resting.

Shortly after my post last night I got a message from my Assistant saying that 4 players were unhappy at how much extra training they have to do. They don't have anything extra other than an individual focus as well as the team focus. Their individual focuses were set to Low and Team to Very Low.

I removed the individual focus from one of them as an experiment and a week later I got a similar message about the same players except this time they were concerned their workloads were too low!!

Shortly after my post last night I got a message from my Assistant saying that 4 players were unhappy at how much extra training they have to do. They don't have anything extra other than an individual focus as well as the team focus. Their individual focuses were set to Low and Team to Very Low.

I removed the individual focus from one of them as an experiment and a week later I got a similar message about the same players except this time they were concerned their workloads were too low!!

I have constantly 5-6 players (different ones) unhappy all the time about practise and season started too early.. they play great still and they regenerate nicely in between matches. - I wouldn't worry, unless your entire team complains.

Just a quick update for my Hereford first season so far!10pts from opening 7 games is not good enough. Lost first 2 though so isan improvement of 3 wins out of 5 since but those wins have been far from comfortable! Putting it down to the fact that most of my team have been signed by me and therefore need to get.Diop looks a player at this level but am already seeing his fitness issues as others have discussed. Think he may be a regular 65min substitution!Sitting in 7th atm but only played 2 teams above me. Have a feeling that it may take more than 1 year to get out of this division!

I have constantly 5-6 players (different ones) unhappy all the time about practise and season started too early.. they play great still and they regenerate nicely in between matches. - I wouldn't worry, unless your entire team complains.

Thanks - I played a couple of seasons of this challenge on FM14 just before FM15 came out and didn't experience anything like this level of player exhaustion but maybe it's the way the new game works... All about squad rotation at the moment!

Evertonblokes Canvey Island Season 20/21

So, I returned to the motherland, sweet lady Essex! For those that don't know, which is everybody, I am an Essex Boy, so I think that's why I chose Billericay to start my career, and it was another reason to take the Canvey job that was offered to me at the start of this season.

After checking they were on the list of teams that were available for the challenge, I put my application in. This time round the media were all over it, Dawkins interested in Canvey job, surely hes too big for them? Maybe its a lack of ambition on his part? Which page three model is he taking home tonight? 2 out of 3 headlines were actually printed.

As they all seemed to think it was a done deal I didn't bother claiming I could achieve the boards targets on lower transfer kitty or wages because I felt confident, and rightly so, I was offered the job shortly after. Still 4 weeks before the season started and plenty of time to fill out the squad. I didn't need many players anyway.

Transfer budget was a healthy 65K and wages at a pretty decent £6.75k a week. No remarks about my previous overspending and no reduced budget for the first year.

The season started pretty poorly and I was soon in the expected relegation battle. I wasn't worried though, this season was to be a rebuilding season, settle my tactics ready for the second season.

However, I soon found myself in 20th, 1 point short of safety, 2 points, 3 points, season was starting to draw to a close, 4 points, 21st position, 5 points, 6, 7, oh crap. Then a win! 12 games to go and 4 points from safety. No need to panic, we just turned the corner!

Then a loss, and the bottom team have gone above us! We are now the strongest team in the entire game, holding everyone else up!

At this stage I start to panic, could I get relegated? Again? Sacked again?

Of course I could! We didn't win a single game in the last 10, taking just 3 points from 3 draws and ending a whopping 13 points away from safety!

Now holidaying until the start of the next season to see who comes up, and if I can sweet talk them into giving me another job with 3 sackings, 2 relegations, and 0 good things on my record!

Summary:

15/16 Billericay - Conf South - 13th

16/17 Billericay - Conf South - 9th

17/18 Billericay - Conf South - 20th - Relegated and sacked

18/19 Margate - Conf South - 11th

19/20 Margate - Conf South - Sacked in October

20/21 Canvey Island - Conf South - 22nd - Relegated and sacked

Well halfway through the season and things are going well...touch wood

I have made a couple of signings and added a few loans to the squad Danny Whitehall, Arnuad Mendy and Lee Pugh have been added to the squad

League Table

things going well so far..Still time for it to go south

End of Season update to come

Well halfway through the season and things are going well...touch wood

I have made a couple of signings and added a few loans to the squad Danny Whitehall, Arnuad Mendy and Lee Pugh have been added to the squad

League Table

things going well so far..Still time for it to go south

End of Season update to come

Looking good, I'd get a nosebleed going that high up the table!

FMjg3ZZ.png

Kingstonian FC

End of Season 2 - 2016/17

Vanarama Conference

Really struggled and it was a long hard season. Ultimately, we needed more goals and a better defence, but I'm delighted that we stayed up. It could've been a lot worse, and we'll need to make sure that we pick up enough points earlier next season to ensure we're the ones being chased rather than doing the chasing.

FA Cup

We were poorly knocked out by lower league opposition and missed out on a crucial chance to make some serious gate money.

FA Trophy

We fought hard against Aldershot but eventually bowed out in extra time. Certainly a better result then we ended up having later in the season.

Transfers

I brought in some players that certainly helped keep us in the division. Toomey, Walker and Sinclair all starred. However, they only just kept us in the division and I'll be looking to bring in further reinforcements this summer.

First Team

Key Players

1. Justin Cochrane - MC - Great season at the ripe old age of 35. The only one of my players to break the 7 mark in Avg. rating and popped up with many a crucial goal.

2. Sam Page - DC - Captain fantastic. Losing him against Aldershot certainly contributed to the thumping that we took.

3. Matt Lock - DMC - Added some real solidity to the midfield, but I think I can do better and the likelihood is that he'll be leaving in the summer.

Youth Team

Some promising players, but none that are likely to improve the first team. Need to upgrade the facilities, but we have no money to even send me on a coaching course.

Best Three 'Yoofs'

1. Stephen Wilkes - ST - Not bad, and has potential. I doubt he'll ever make it through to the first team though because by the time he's ready, we should be long gone out of the Conference.

2. Barnett Charles - AMR - Not sure what his best position is yet, but much like the other two I doubt he'll make it to the first team.

3. John Rickard - ST - Another striker, but not as good as Wilkes so unlikely to ever get a chance.

Youth Intake

Better then last year, but no-one thas's likely to make an impact.

Facilities

Yet again, no updates to the facilities, as we have no money.

Finances

We lost 50k over the course of the season. Going out to lower league opposition in the cup ready didn't help.

Board Objectives

Vanarama Conference - Fight against relegation - Well we stayed up!

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - 1st Round - 1st Round

Dulwich Hamlet Season 2015/16 Conference South

League Table - on paper looks like a solid first season but it was a season of frustration. We started well, but bloody awful defending (from corners mainly) means we never really pushed for top 6 even with our goal scoring skills. Aldershot ran away with it, lost their 2nd game then won 21 in a row :eek:

FA Cup - a good first game and then we ran Aldershot close - a last minute pen for them knocked us out.

FA Trophy - Ran Conference team Cambridge close but wasn't good enough

Transfers - usual high turnover

Squad - need to sort out the defense

Finances - Awful.

Key Players

Marcel Henry-Francis - 35 goals (and 13 assists) from the big man, we'd be in trouble without him

Djar Parfitt-Williams - his partnership with Henry-Francis was key, 16 goals and 18 assists.

Andys Nikolaou - Only CB that looked decent at times

John Spicer - experienced CM was a key worker

Danny Stenning - our other CM, injuries disrupted his season at key times sadly

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  11th

Hereford United - Vanarama North 2015/16

Sacked - 21/11/14

12th in League - 7-2-9 with 23pts from 18 Games

Reached FA Cup 1st Round where I was knocked out by Oldham

Had a silly 6-6 draw away at FC Flyde....

Only 7pts from 8 Home Games was not good enough. Picked up 16pts away!

Best player was also top goalscorer with a rating of 7.00 and 12 goals in 22 games. Joe IRONSIDE.

Now holidaying until next opportunity!

My players just seem to like watching corners fly past them, not a care in world :(

Mine like to enagage in a spot of pinball wizard after which it then goes in, strangely this never happens to my team the opposition always clear it.

I also thought i hadn't scored a corner in a while, at least 50 league games when i looked :eek:, its fair to say i'm not a threat at setpieces with only 2 assists and 1 direct free kicks as well in that time

Mine like to enagage in a spot of pinball wizard after which it then goes in, strangely this never happens to my team the opposition always clear it.

I also thought i hadn't scored a corner in a while, at least 50 league games when i looked :eek:, its fair to say i'm not a threat at setpieces with only 2 assists and 1 direct free kicks as well in that time

My Centre-Back has just managed to somehow score this goal from a corner :D:

[video=youtube_share;tA_3SPumy-Y]

Welcome to the Football League: six injuries in my first four games as it seems the oppositions tactics are to just kick the crap out of my team :( thankfully none of them have been long term injuries yet...

And make that eight injuries in six games as I've now lost two more Strikers for one month each :(

Yeah weirdly the players who've had to come off have been fine if a little tired after the game whilst the players that I have the option of subbing are the ones that are then out for a couple of weeks, though players recovering after the match doesn't help when you lose both of your Strikers in a match and don't have any on the bench due injuries and Internationals - lost the first striker after five minutes and had to switch to a one striker formation the other one then picked up an orange knock before half time and spent the rest of the match hobbling around with 40% condition as I had no one to sub him with :(

EDIT: And there goes yet another Striker :(

Halfway through my second season in Corby and sitting in last. Defense is just horrible and I'm not having much luck fixing it. Just giving up to many shots, 20+ a game.

And we're sacked....I was able to make the defense better but not good enough.

But the good news is, when I got to the offseason, the team that I wanted from the start was available. So we'll be the new manager of the Slough Town Rebels.

BadgeMaidstone_United.png

Maidstone United Football Club - Vanarama Conference - 2018/19

We had a good season. We challenged for the playoffs for the majority of the season. With just over 10 games to go we fell out of the playoffs and couldnt catch back up and then finished 1 point outside. Hopefully next season we can get into the playoffs. Better players are becoming available all the time in scout reports so hopefully I can improve the squad and really challenge for promotion next season.

League Table - Good jump from 16th last season to 6th this season. Dissapointing to be only 9 points away from the champions but not make the playoffs.

Past Positions - Consistantly around the playoffs. Getting in for a few games then falling out again. Need to get more consistancy next season.

Cups - Made the FA Cup 1st round for the first time. Got destroyed by Aldershot which was a shock.

Squad - Still have a large squad. Need to trim it a bit as players get frustrated with lack of game time. With the right additions a promotion challenge is on for next season.

Transfers - Quintero and Amos are the standout signings. Terell Thomas did well when signed mid season. Sadlier and Crooks struggled.

Finances - Yet another big profit somehow. Now over £1.2m in the bank.

Key Player Profiles:

Lyle Della Verde - New conference assists record with 22. Best player yet again.

Scott Shulton - Struggled with injuries but still a great season.

Luke Amos - New signing with plenty of goals from the midfield. Settled brilliantly.

Josimar Quintero - Another new signing. Started the season on the bench but broke into the first team. 17 goals and 18 assists from the wing.

Next Season

Hopefully we can push for promotion next season. It would also be nice to finally get a cup run.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South              8th   
2016/17         Vanarama South              1st               Champions 
2017/18         Vanarama Conference         16th 
2018/19         Vanarama Conference         6th          

120px-StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

2018/19

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season by playing a 4-1-2-3dm formation to stop conceeding which worked, however the team also couldn't score and were particually poor at home. Changed to a 4-4-2 at home which showed some promise until dec. The team then went into total freefall with only 8 points from 15 games, 2 wins in march meant the team went into the last game 2 points ahead of the relegation spots. The team lost but still survived. In the cups the team had a few easy draws to reach the 1st rd of the FA Cup where the team faced league 2 Hartlepool on TV. Unfortunately the team were completely outclassed and lost 3-0. In the FA trophy the team lost in the 1st rd to Flyde 4-3.

Finances improved as a result of the FA run and being on TV, into the black, which was just as well since attendances fell.

Player performances were generally quite poor with the defence shocking in the 2nd half of the season. The midfielders played ok but suffered a series of injuries so never seemed to get a run of good form.

Strikers were poor and simply did not look like scoring for a lot of the time, needed a lot of chances.

The only exception to this was Quintero. I spent a year trying to sign him and it proved a great signing. He looked dangerous in most games especially at AMR, played about 10 games at CM where he was less effective but still decent.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        12th       2nd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        17th       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        18th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None

Next Season

- Continue trying to find that dominant CM

- Improve home form

Archived