Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread

There is a question I had from last year, is there a way of remove loans at the start of the season, i.e when I start I have 5 players I would play but they are on loan and cannot be recalled?

Thx Ed

Nope, there are different types of loan so you may have loan players who can be recalled (i have done) but there are no guarantees.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have not found big issues so far. Am only slightly disappointed (but not sure if that's a FMC specific issue) that during negotiations you don't get the drop down menu any more when clicking the amount. But that's just a matter of adapting and personal taste I suppose. Used to be that when you clicked an amount, you got a drop down menu and you had a seperate button for typing in the amount. Now it's the other way around. Only a minor detail though.

Other than that, it looks great so far.

Is this an issue for anyone else or just me

Pull up the club facilities (so that the window pops up) and try to scroll down to see Junior Coaching and then Youth Recruitment

2014-10-24_00001.jpg

For me I can't keep the Junior Coaching on the screen although I can momentarily see it by scrolling down

I can't even get to Youth Recruitment (which I'm pretty sure is there given that I can't see it anywhere else and that's where it is on the full FM15

Keep feedback for the PC/Linux/Mac version of the game for now please.

Well I've posted on the vita version for months but nothing. It's very buggy and we don't get replies there so what do you expect! If you want to keep it on fm 15 feedback- I'm not getting it because you refuse to fix massive problems in fm 14 on vita- despite owning every fm to date

'Is there a way to select and "mark as read" multiple items in your inbox?

Seems strange not have this for the streamlined FMC when you can on the full version

Also is there a way to manage a national team on FMC? You can't seem to choose that at startup/add new manager. Am I missing it?

I wanted to check out all the cool new features of the full version, got to my first game gave a pep talk and pissed off my entire team. Quit immediately and went back to FMC. Love it!

Some random UI issues with some roles not showing in the drop down menu. Not a big deal and I'm sure it will get fixed.

Love the new training options.

ME seems really good. I didn't see any glaring problems, but in two games I have scored twice on long crosses that I "certainly didn't mean." Might just be a coincidence.

The graphics are a little weird sometimes in that players seem to be really jerky when moving around and the sound of the ball being kicked plays way too often when I don't think it should, but overall the graphics are much better.

Love the in game match stats widget showing the number of passes completed/attempted and not just the percentage.

I really hope I can get some more time in this weekend to provide more feedback! So far I have to say, great job SI!

Ok I'll try and stop the post spam...

I think this may also be a bug - in FMC mode there is a board request option for "improve youth level" in countries like Holland and Spain which don't use youth level??

It refers to the club youth setup. Would be nice though if somebody could clarify if that request leads to improvements in all youth aspects, i.e. youth facilities, coaching and recruitment

'Is there a way to select and "mark as read" multiple items in your inbox?

Seems strange not have this for the streamlined FMC when you can on the full version

Also is there a way to manage a national team on FMC? You can't seem to choose that at startup/add new manager. Am I missing it?

It was always the case that you either had to get the Unlockable to manage a national team, or you could get it for free by winning manager of the year. I suspect this is the same on FM15.

Hi there,

as I have no beta access I hope you guys can answer me some questions:

- Are the "black stars" also in FMC?

- Have the new scouting features also been build in FMC?

- Do we have the choice between coaching stlyes for ourselves as in fat mode?

- Is the suberb search bar included in FMC?

Would be glad, as I like these features a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Tery

Hi there,

as I have no beta access I hope you guys can answer me some questions:

- Are the "black stars" also in FMC?

- Have the new scouting features also been build in FMC?

- Do we have the choice between coaching stlyes for ourselves as in fat mode?

- Is the suberb search bar included in FMC?

Would be glad, as I like these features a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Tery

I believe the answers are

1 Yes

2 Yes the scouting & player search screen is combined but it seems like there is only 0% or 100% knowledge, so for players no attrib ranges in FMC

3 Nope

4 Nope

I believe the answers are

1 Yes

2 Yes the scouting & player search screen is combined but it seems like there is only 0% or 100% knowledge, so for players no attrib ranges in FMC

3 Nope

4 Nope

Thank you - that's good news. Coaching style is abdicable, only the search bar would have been nice to have. Maybe next year? ;)

Is there going to be an option to change the layout so its the same as FM14 Classic mode, this new user interface is really annoying

No. The UI is getting a fair amount of grief on the various feedback threads, and it received the same in external testing. We can hope for some refinements in the coming weeks but I wouldn't expect wholesale changes. You certainly will not have the option of using the FM14 interface.

Liking FMC so far - haven't really got into things yet but initial impressions good.

Does MLS work correctly this time? I know last time the correct MLS transfer system couldn't be programmed into FMC.

Unfortunately not.

4 training injuries and I haven't played a game yet..

Playing as Man City. Here are the injuries and lengths:

Demichelis - sports hernia - 4 weeks

Sagna - damaged foot - 12 days-2 weeks

Navas - Thigh Strain - 9-11 days

Silva - strained knee ligaments - 5-6 months

Seriously what is this nonsense?

edit: let's add another one:

Sinclair - bruised head - 5-6 days

edit 2:

First game played, another injury

Ageuro - Gashed lower leg - 7-10 days

Finally had a chance to start an FMC save to see the changes. I like the UI and everything is clear as in FMC14. The addition of individual training is great. I noticed some UI bugs (like the staff mentals being in white color which has been reported and reviewed I saw).

I had some troubles selecting substitutes from the tactical tab but realized I can change it from the squad tab. Not sure if that is intended or a bug. The initial players are easily selected but when someone returned from injury or became available and I had 3 slots for substitutes available I couldn't find a way to add the player basically.

I really like the look of the match animations. I have seen several over the top balls played in my counter attacking tactic and general movement and dribbling is much improved.

I actually like the way the tactic board is now displayed. The single star with the circle filling up makes it a bit more vague in terms of which player is better or suitable for the position - I know many complain that they can't see it properly but I think that is a good thing. It makes it somehow easier for me to select a player for a position. I also like how the duties are displayed on the tactics board.

It is however much more difficult to quickly see whether the attributes match the role selected. I think that is my biggest problem at the moment to adjust to as I have to click the player and check or go to player instructions and see the overview.

New team instructions and player instructions are great.

I am definitely enjoying it so far.

4 training injuries and I haven't played a game yet..

Playing as Man City. Here are the injuries and lengths:

Demichelis - sports hernia - 4 weeks

Sagna - damaged foot - 12 days-2 weeks

Navas - Thigh Strain - 9-11 days

Silva - strained knee ligaments - 5-6 months

Seriously what is this nonsense?

edit: let's add another one:

Sinclair - bruised head - 5-6 days

edit 2:

First game played, another injury

Ageuro - Gashed lower leg - 7-10 days

Pre season is known to be a very high risk time for pretty obvious reasons in the real world so I don't find this surprising.

Liking FMC so far - haven't really got into things yet but initial impressions good.

Does MLS work correctly this time? I know last time the correct MLS transfer system couldn't be programmed into FMC.

Give MLS a good whirl before deciding they've made a lot of changes which aren't on any list.

Regarding my earlier comment about seeing the attributes for the role you selected, I realized that if you click on the shirt of the player the role smdescription pops up and you can click on the attributes tab to the right of it to show which attributes are important.

Really liking the 3D animations.

Edit: when you select a role in the tactics selection - player instructions - it is very difficult to see which attributes are highlighted. Would it be possible to make the color slightly darker as it is in the player profile when you look at the role?

It's a tired line that we roll out again and again, but injuries in FM really are fractionally less frequent than real life.

I always like to look at the PL injury table of physio room dot com once in a while. I believe that on average, at any given moment in the season, about 1 out of 5 of the top league players is injured. I never get up to as much injuries in FM.

In fact, IRL there are 93 Premier League players injured at this very moment. Eleven of those in the Newcastle squad. Ouch.

Kriss - could you shed any more light onto what these changes are? I love playing in MLS but have found it unrealistic in past FMC's

Thanks

Sorry I don't play MLS so it's all dutch to me :) but it was one of the devs I quoted that line from.

I see that non-active competitions now update, I.e. If you are playing in England, then the Spanish history updates at the end of the season. Do non-active clubs recruit new managers too now?

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: there are times when you do a team talk and for this year they said they included team talks before important games. I haven't gotten that far yet. But there is no praising etc. as in the full mode.

Longer answer: there are times when you do a team talk and for this year they said they included team talks before important games. I haven't gotten that far yet. But there is no praising etc. as in the full mode.

shame, in full mode you can ask the player to find a club if you don't want them.

• Administrators

Correction, this is team meetings. If you have a deciding game for something: i.e. promotion, relegation, you can hold a team meeting to rally the players.

Been playing the Beta for the last couple of days and all in all, it's a fantastic game and improved over FMC 14.

I actually quite like the new UI, it was a bit odd at first but once you get used to it, it's actually pretty handy as I appreciate the player ratings and position suitability that's provided with the help of that circular star icon in the team selection. The player scouting reports are brilliant and it's so much more easier to sign players who fit into your team ethos, fantastic work on this :thup:

However the match engine is a little wonky at the moment, especially with the number of goals at either end. This problem seems to be far exacerbated in the poorer leagues as I scored 28 and conceded 26 in 7 games with St. Albans and in my current save in the South African second division I've scored 10 and conceded 6 in 2 games. This kills the enjoyment at the moment so hopefully SI release an update soon to make it go away. It's also the first ever time I'm going to play a journeyman save, so I'm well excited for this version! Keep up the great work, SI :thup:

Archived