Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Administrators

No, it only creates a very minor dislike between the two players (if that), and that doesn't always happen, either. :) Besides, if he's not any good surely you'll get rid of him in the short or medium term, no? :brock:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Hi Lucas, only minor problems for me.

1. Some pitches are too dark, Anfield and Bury, Gigg Lane for example during bad weather.

2. The orange ball is difficult to see on those pitches in some views of the 3D match, or is it just my eyes?

Would be very helpful if you could post such examples here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Yeah I also have trouble seeing the ball in some matches.

Do you really need people to post evidence of every problem they encounter? Surely SI have game testers that must see these things? Had the same problem with FM14 anyway.

Yeah I also have trouble seeing the ball in some matches.

Do you really need people to post evidence of every problem they encounter? Surely SI have game testers that must see these things? Had the same problem with FM14 anyway.

Yes in general because as in this case it might be peculiar to them or their set up.

Read the house rules before making snarky comments.

No, it only creates a very minor dislike between the two players (if that), and that doesn't always happen, either. :) Besides, if he's not any good surely you'll get rid of him in the short or medium term, no? :brock:

Yes, I suppose although I'm just worried it might happen to a more promising youngster. Good to know though.

Would be very helpful if you could post such examples here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Kris, I wouldn't know where to start to do what you , quite reasonably ask, as I am pc illiterate. All I can tell you is that when it rains, in the match engine, not actually in real life, the pitches at Anfield and Gigg Lane turn a rather deep green in colour. Also, if the orange ball is in use, it becomes a little difficult to see it, especially when the game camera withdraws to a long shot of the game.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful but maybe someone who has the required knowledge and has experienced similar happenings could do what you ask.

Quick review after the update:

- Skin looks much much better now, lots of little tweaks

- Staff mental attributes are visible now

- Match engine smoother

- Opposition Report: Star ratings are back, and the goal analysis tab that was in FMC disappeared (I suppose it was there by mistake)

- Squad selection and removal possible from the tactics screen now

- Player attribute highlights when going to player instructions or opening the attributes by clicking the shirt on the tactics screen still has those faded yellow highlight for me

All in all a good update. Almost ready for release :)

I think I've picked up on something here, multiple favourite clubs in the full FM mod carry over into FMC despite there being only one favourite club spot.

I created a full FM profile using my real life favourite club and a random club and in FMC the random club (not even from a selected league) is featuring heavily in my news feed.

Anyone else having this? I'm quite glad if this is actually happening and not a random coincidence.

I think I've picked up on something here, multiple favourite clubs in the full FM mod carry over into FMC despite there being only one favourite club spot.

I created a full FM profile using my real life favourite club and a random club and in FMC the random club (not even from a selected league) is featuring heavily in my news feed.

Anyone else having this? I'm quite glad if this is actually happening and not a random coincidence.

A bonus bug we call that :D

Just something I have noticed, since the update I am now getting several injuries, I have started a new game 3 times and in the first week before playing any matches I get 2 - 3 injures... then in the first game I get 1 - 2 injuries, it has happened on each of the 3 times I have started a new game!

Just thought I would mention it...

It *seems* like players are more susceptible to injury than ever before. It makes sense really as they've had a break, are below peak fitness and are then asked to start legging it about again. Ordinarily, you should find that as you ease them through pre-season and use lots of squad rotation, that the injuries recede to "normal" levels.

I agree that there have always been injuries but 2 - 3 in the first week of pre-season without playing any games and then at least 1 - 2 in the first game... that's pretty un-realistic, even if I cancel my first friendly I still get a load of injuries!

I'm not sure if this is a bug. I started off as Marseille and I sacked my Head of Youth Development and as a result I was put in charge of the reserve team. I hired a new HoYD and I'm still in charge of the Reserves and can't find any option to delegate that to him. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if this is a bug. I started off as Marseille and I sacked my Head of Youth Development and as a result I was put in charge of the reserve team. I hired a new HoYD and I'm still in charge of the Reserves and can't find any option to delegate that to him. Any suggestions?

I started a save with Marseille too last night and "replaced" the HoYD and everything is fine. Did you sack him and then look for a replacement? It may be a bug then.

Hello there guys, just thought i'd drop by with some of my impressions with the beta. I've been playing classic mode exclusively for the last couple of years, and i find it rather enjoyable to actually get to a point where building a team is actually rewarded in a timely manner.

Seems like the forum for Classic mode is quite quiet compared to the full fledged forum, and that actual feedback on Classic pre-release has been at a very low level. Not a regular poster myself, but i though i'd do it and would encourage other people that enjoy this mode to post their feedback as well. With quite a small community around Classic in this forum, i think players have a great chance to get their voices heard.

I only ever start in the lowest level in England, and last year the highest i got was league one. I love building (or trying to build) a small team up. That being said, here's a couple of pros and cons so far - 4 seasons with my first save, 2 with a new save on 15.0.3.

Pros:

- I'm loving the amount of injuries. It forces me to play a deep squad, and keep everyone fit. It's also a very enjoyable tactical chess game to try and work around injuries. I really hope this doesn't get changed.

- Scouting is great now. One of the more fun things to do playing the lower leagues is trying to find good players for your squad.

- Training is great in theory. New positions coming in quickly is a fun bonus, although maybe not too realistic.

- Match engine looks and feels great to me, though i don't watch that many matches.

- Liking the new interface for the most part, the left hand navigation cuts down on all the clicking, which is always good.

- Overall i'm enjoying classic mode a lot this year.

Cons:

- I don't get the tactics screen. Not saying it's bad or good, i just don't get how it's supposed to be used. I got my custom view in the squad screen, and always pick my team from there.

- I would greatly enjoy more of a "fog of war" in scouting. Even with the small inaccuracies, it's still way too accurate to my liking.

- Leaving training to assistant manager is hit and miss - team training seems to be OK, but individual training is a hodgepodge where half my squad is training for a new position i have absolutely no need for. I could do individual training myself, but it lacks some usability. I would love a button that just sets everyone to training their own role or position, without the need of clicking through all of them one by one. Also, i find it peculiar that everyone HAS to be learning a position all the time. I don't get the logic there.

- Unlockables not working yet, didn't see anything said about it but i'm guessing its the beta phase. Only one i ever use is "become unsackable", since owners rarely embrace my long term plans where you get killed for a while before eventually getting killed marginally less in a couple of years.

- Every conference north/south team is in financial ruins. Has been like this for years, and it really doesn't bother me. But you seemingly cant build a profitable conference team.

- Good players not even willing to discuss new contracts. I guess it's realistic in a sense, but if i find a great player, develop him to a star, i would like to just get a shot at signing him instead of the silent treatment. Sure, he could ask for wages way beyond my reach, and i'd have to walk away, but at least open the conversation with your... creator?

- I'd love for the staff part of Classic mode to be beefed up. As much as i enjoy finding and building players, i'd love to have a full fledged staff to build too. I'd very much enjoy the full game's staff model to be in the game. Just have an option for assistant manager to handle them for those of us who don't want the trouble.

- Tangible feedback. Not saying spell everything out, but i'd love for there to be - for example - a press article pointing me to the direction why my high flying squad suddenly cant score or defend. I know it's an argument for gamification of a simulation, but it could be vague and not overpresent. If, for example, there's an internal conflict i'm missing, maybe at times the press would write about it. It would bring it to my attention, and actually teach me about the game.

Now i get it, some of these things apply to the full game too, some to Classic only, but since i just play classic i thought i'd post it here. And dont take there being more cons than pros as a put down - i've greatly enjoyed the game.

Archived