World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

gillsminnow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had a bet at William Hill on the teams to finish bottom of their groups. Most of them are straight forward barring two which will be arguable. Anyway, I went for:

Cameroon: 8/13. (a)

Australia: 1/4 (b)

Greece: 6/4 ©

Costa Rica: 1/10 (d)

Honduras: 2/7 (e)

Iran: 4/9 (f)

USA: 10/11 (g)

Algeria: 4/6 (h)

£3.10 returns £102.

Which 2 were arguable btw?:brock:

How much? I bet £45 and won £61 today, Thereby enhancing my reputation as a big baller, shot caller.

My £16 profit has gone on the Argentina/Holland double tomorrow, to return £51.60. Will probably do some in-play betting as well

I bet £10 and won £80

An extra £10 went on the bargies, returned £20.50, still on with my £16 from last night (Argentina and Holland to win in 90 mins) which should hopefully return £51.

The winning £20.50 will more than likely go on Holland inside 90 mins, which returns about £31

I'm not sure if this is pure luck as I can't find anywhere that actually records the stats but I've been betting on goal kicks in the opening 10 minutes of a game. It's normally 8/15, 4/7 or 1/2 for over 1.5 and it's nearly always come in. Pop shots from miles whilst teams settle in, ambitious balls long, defenders letting balls ran out etc. I think it may be luck but it was betting £20 singles and winning like £15 odd a time then started doing doubles in the group and they were winning. Had a double the other day for the two 1/4 finals between Argentina and Belgium games and they both come in at 1.25. Not really a huge money maker but I must have bet on this about 25 times and I have lost once. I've put it on for all four quarter finals at 4.3 or something. Will probs not be one gk in the whole time but I'm just curious to see how it pans out and whether I've been lucky or not. I'm guessing so.

Fwiw This had 3 successful matches and 1 where it fell short.

The game that fell short was Germany v France which is annoying as I thought about leaving it out as the Germans typically try and calm the game down early on by keeping the ball at the back. Tad annoying but it's served me well through the competition.

What are the thoughts on top scorer for the tournament now? Rodriguez is 2 ahead of muller/messi but he is now out. I have a pre tournament bet on messi with pp so was hoping he would score today. Still has 2 games to score at least 2 goals. I can cash out for what basically amounts to almost evens. Will probably let it ride but still, could do with him pulling his finger out.

I have Messi to finish top goalscorer as well, can't believe he missed that chance at the end lol.

It will be Rodriguez and maybe one other, I'd be very surprised if a player scores 7 goals in this tournament. If the semi's and final are anything like the quarters, they'll be tight matches with few goals

What looked like being a profitable night of betting, turned very mundane thanks to the Dutch. I'm about £1.50 up though, having bet £50 on Holland to win via penalty shoot-out in the 28th minute of extra-time.

what on earth made you think that was worthwhile? :D

3 games is the most efficient for risk vs return. Any other number of games still work though. I often use this method on single games when you have to meet a rollover requirement. I've gone Germany and Argentina for the MM btw.

Brazil have conceded in every game barring the Mexico one in the group stages and Germany certainly don't have less firepower than any other team they've faced. And Argentina, well they have Messi :cool:

Archived