Football Manager Classic Vita FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any transfer budgets will be the same as the PC game.

The transfer budgets are set by the researchers, who whilst not having explicit detail of the actual financials at the football club, take an awfully long time to research their team(s). The Financial Status of a club does not always directly correlate to the budget available. The Man Utd example will be because they've just forked out £40m+ on Juan Mata, which is effectively deducted from any original budget they will have had.

If you feel that the budgets are too low and have access to any specific details which back those concerns up, then please feel free to log them here:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

On a separate note, was a tad disappointed to see Man Utd "only" start with £12mil, surely that's wrong?
Yeah, transfer funds are pretty low. "Rich" Newcastle gave me 7 mil tops.

The Vita DB is the same as the winter transfer update PC DB.

If funds are low, it is probably related to transfers made in real life - Man Utd for example have £12m because they've just bought Mata for a large price tag.

Newcastle having £7m - I think that's fair. Look how little money Newcastle have spent of late, so stands to reason you wouldn't be given loads.

EDIT: beaten to it! :D

I got the game on Saturday and have got about ten matches into the League One season. overall I like it, impressive that this has been achieved on the vita but I'm not sure it wouldn't have been better by making some more vita specific changes.

interface looks really good and is generally nice to use but some things are just too small or to hard to select with my finger. if you get asked a media question you have to be really careful over which one you select as the options are pretty tiny, which given there's plenty of room below seems a bit silly. I've already accidentally said that Brian McDermott is the last person I'd sell one of my players to when all i wanted to do was say my player wasn't for sale. the whole hold L to drag and drop thing doesn't always work, and i sometimes find that it will register that I'm trying to drag someone, I then drop them on a player but it sort of gets stuck and hasn't actually made the change. i also find that i often try and select a player by their name in a squad list or something and it'll select the row instead and you have to be really really precise over where you press. I've mostly given up on trying to do this if possible by just holding the player's name to bring up the quick menu and using that, but not everything is there.

the match engine is good as well, again impressive that it's there but the save and load before and after is just annoying, and matches take too long. i could do what other people have done and go on holiday for the match, or turn all the highlights off but that kind of defeats the object of getting the match engine onto the vita for me. good example is my bus ride to work today, took about 40 minutes. started my vita up when i got on, managed a total of two matches in that time. didn't do any tactics or transfers or scouting or anything like that, literally picked a team, went to the match, watched it, continued to the next match 4 days later, kept the same team, went to the match, watched it, saved and quit cos I had got to my stop. i don't expect to complete half a season in that time but i'd want to get more done than two matches.

i think there's the potential for a really really good game here, and maybe it'll come with the 2015 version should that happen, but i'm not convinced that this version will grab me like i'd hoped it would due to a few issues that hinder it somewhat.

A little tip with Vitas, you can tap the power button to put it to sleep. Then tap Power again to turn it back on, and you'll be able to resume more or less straightaway from wherever you were. I'd still advising saving the game first, just in case. But it does mean you cut out the time waiting for the game to boot etc.

Amazing game indeed! But the saving/loading around matchdays is a chore. Also, why not progress matches per minute? 15 seconds is to slow imho..

Some questions for si:

what's up with selecting a player in your squad and a yellow line appears ? Select multiple players is not available right? If so, how?

Is it possible for players to gain another nationality after playing in that country for 5 years? As Douglas for Holland for instance.

Last thing, anyone has some decent vita dedicated tactics to share?

Last thing, anyone has some decent vita dedicated tactics to share?

Well, all tactics for FM14 should also work on Vita. Still, it'd be great to see the Forum dedicated to vita tactics with screenshots and all. Applying a new tactic can be a painful process.

Well, all tactics for FM14 should also work on Vita. Still, it'd be great to see the Forum dedicated to vita tactics with screenshots and all. Applying a new tactic can be a painful process.

As the ME is the same as on PC, Mac and Linux, the existing Tactics and Training forum is a great place to look for hints and tips.

There are no plans for a Vita specific sub-forum for this reason (similarly, there's no FMC specific tactics forum).

• Administrators
The problem is that without specific screenshots it is impossible to copy a tactic to Vita.

Not really, all the information in the full game is there on Vita.

Took me a few seconds to find some stuff, like giving separate roles to specific players in the same position, but it's all there handy enough.

The matches are a tad slower than I'd like, but not to some off putting level. Trawling through the menus could be quicker too, but again, no biggie. The only actual annoying thing for me is the save before each match, load after, I'll get used to it fairly quickly, I imagine.

So far though (+/- 30mins) very happy with it overall.

Quick question about Training in FMC Vita....

After playing FMH on my Android, you could train individual players, but in FMC it's only the whole squad...so how do you train individuals (or is this just not required now?) On the face of it, it feels as if FMC is lacking something in comparison or is this not the case?

Also do you have to sack a backroom staff member before you can employ an new one (Chief Scout, Assistant Manager etc....)

• Administrators

The Assistant sets up the individual training in the background, but it's largely influenced by the roles (focus) and position (PPM + New position training) you play them in. Not all players will learn a PPM, and for new position training the players need to be playing in that position consistently to learn it. Hope that makes sense.

You can just employ a new staff member and you'll pay compensation for the one already in place.

The Assistant sets up the individual training in the background, but it's largely influenced by the roles (focus) and position (PPM + New position training) you play them in. Not all players will learn a PPM, and for new position training the players need to be playing in that position consistently to learn it. Hope that makes sense.

You can just employ a new staff member and you'll pay compensation for the one already in place.

Thanks for the reply. I sort of get how training effects your players but how does the type of training effect the players? I get how fitness training will effect them but if I have my training set to attacking how would that effect a player role of BBM or FB? Likewise if I have Defending set, how would this effect a Target Man or DLF player?

• Administrators
Thanks for the reply. I sort of get how training effects your players but how does the type of training effect the players? I get how fitness training will effect them but if I have my training set to attacking how would that effect a player role of BBM or FB? Likewise if I have Defending set, how would this effect a Target Man or DLF player?

It doesn't. It's a focus, so the players still do a bit of everything else, its just one area you highlight given a bit more time to it.

Those learning roles will still do so alongside the team training.

Overall I think the game is excellent and retains the PC experience mainly.

Areas id love to see get some update attention are –

2D match engine

- Doesn’t utilise the full Vita screen well at all. Surely it would be better to use up the full screen and zoom in and out.

- The 2D match engine is extremely choppy and jerky.

- The nets are missing and nobody noticed?

Headlines

- You get more headlines in the calendar loading screen than you can actually see and I cannot see a way to find these.

Match Screen

- One of the most useless, in-accurate areas is always displayed and cannot be changed (Action Zones). I would love to see player ratings or Assistant Manager feedback AND match stats, but cant because Action Zones is stuck on for no reason.

Controls

- Id love to be able to control the whole game using the d-pad and buttons. The touch screen isn’t bad, but it’s not good either so id like to choose myself.

- Holding ‘L’ to move a player in the tactics screen does not work. You have to try several times and always get frustrated. Surely something like press the player twice within 1 second, and press new position to move players would be better.

PS Vita to sleep

- The game doesn’t like you putting the system to sleep mid-match. If you do then the game time does not progress but the game carries on. I was stuck on 50 minutes scoring twice (without the scoreline changing) for about ten minutes, before deciding to switch off and restart.

The nets are missing and nobody noticed?

either your club is extremely poor and can't afford nets or somethings wrong with your game. My nets are there.

You get more headlines in the calendar loading screen than you can actually see and I cannot see a way to find these.

yeah, many people are complaining about that

Overall I think the game is excellent and retains the PC experience mainly.

Areas id love to see get some update attention are –

2D match engine

- Doesn’t utilise the full Vita screen well at all. Surely it would be better to use up the full screen and zoom in and out.

- The 2D match engine is extremely choppy and jerky.

- The nets are missing and nobody noticed?

Headlines

- You get more headlines in the calendar loading screen than you can actually see and I cannot see a way to find these.

Match Screen

- One of the most useless, in-accurate areas is always displayed and cannot be changed (Action Zones). I would love to see player ratings or Assistant Manager feedback AND match stats, but cant because Action Zones is stuck on for no reason.

Controls

- Id love to be able to control the whole game using the d-pad and buttons. The touch screen isn’t bad, but it’s not good either so id like to choose myself.

- Holding ‘L’ to move a player in the tactics screen does not work. You have to try several times and always get frustrated. Surely something like press the player twice within 1 second, and press new position to move players would be better.

PS Vita to sleep

- The game doesn’t like you putting the system to sleep mid-match. If you do then the game time does not progress but the game carries on. I was stuck on 50 minutes scoring twice (without the scoreline changing) for about ten minutes, before deciding to switch off and restart.

Definitely cant agree more with you, but for the very first version on the game its wonderful to play it on the go.

I believe and already mention it here, that nets should be fix and implemented on the 2D Classic...

As a zoom mode for 2D match engine because the level of detail is just fantastic... as well as for the ball which is too small... for either 3D or 2D

Played about 4 hours so far. First impressions.

- WOW, an immersive FM on the go. Yay!

- These menus are a little annoying, aren't intuitive enough and don't unitise the wider spaces of the Vita screens. Menus should be using the sides not the top which squeezes everything in rather awkwardly.

- Loading times are pretty poor (on all english and scottish leagues / 2 stars), I guess thats the trade off for having a more immersive experience, but still something to improve in future versions.

- 3D match engine. HELL YEAH!

- Getting a little more used to navigation now i know where stuff is. Don't mind using touch screen, but certainly doesn't utilise the buttons enough or intuitively.

Overall, highly impressed and happy to have on the gorgeous Vita. But certainly lots of potential for further improvements in future iterations, not least the presentation and navigation.

Firstly, extremely good on the Vita. For me there are no problems except for one thing: Realisticness (if that's a word).

I started a career with Arsenal, as I have done for the past few years on the PC version. I am currently at 27th March 2014 and here is my career so far:

Premier League - 31 played, 5 wins, 9 draws, 17 losses, 19th place with the most goals conceded, and 9 points from safety :(

(Notable things include: 15 match run without winning, lost 0-4 to C.Palace, 4-2 + 1-4 loss to swansea, 3-0 loss to Norwich)

FA cup - Out in Third round, 0-3 loss to Liverpool

League Cup - Out third round, 1-0 loss to Reading

Champions League - 3rd in Group Stage containing Schalke, Galatasaray and ViKtoria Plzen.

Europa league - Out First Qualifying round vs PAOK 2-2 on away goals.

With an Arsenal squad containing the likes of Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott ect.., I find it hard to believe how bad this first season has gone, especially as I am using the same tactics I have used on the PC versions, which have been extremely successful. The only good thing about this is that I have not been sacked yet!

Is this as a result of the makers of the Vita being Spurs fans and not wanting us to do well? Oh well, other than that its a great game and would recommend it to anyone with a Vita.

*Update*

With 2 games remaining, We have been relegated, I have been sacked and 17 players have requested transfers. All in all a pretty poor first season.

Firstly, extremely good on the Vita. For me there are no problems except for one thing: Realisticness (if that's a word).

I started a career with Arsenal, as I have done for the past few years on the PC version. I am currently at 27th March 2014 and here is my career so far:

Premier League - 31 played, 5 wins, 9 draws, 17 losses, 19th place with the most goals conceded, and 9 points from safety :(

(Notable things include: 15 match run without winning, lost 0-4 to C.Palace, 4-2 + 1-4 loss to swansea, 3-0 loss to Norwich)

Champions League - 3rd in Group Stage containing Schalke, Galatasaray and ViKtoria Plzen.

With an Arsenal squad containing the likes of Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott ect.., I find it hard to believe how bad this first season has gone, especially as I am using the same tactics I have used on the PC versions, which have been extremely successful. The only good thing about this is that I have not been sacked yet!

Is this as a result of the makers of the Vita being Spurs fans and not wanting us to do well? Oh well, other than that its a great game and would recommend it to anyone with a Vita.

*Update*

With 2 games remaining, We have been relegated, I have been sacked and 17 players have requested transfers. All in all a pretty poor first season.

you are one of the worst manager i have ever seen :)))

anw is there anyone here know when it will be release in the US store ? i am so frustrated waiting for it.

*Update*

Well this sounds pretty accurate to me. You get sacked for underachieving with Arsenal. The players dont win games just because of their great names, you know. I guess your PC tactics need to be adapted to the Vita version so you gotta put in at least a bit of effort then. Otherwise football clubs would not need managers at all :)

Two questions I need answering please before I buy this

1) How many seasons can you play this for?

2)How bigger memory card will I need?

I do apologise if this has been answered already on the forums.

No idea on 1, 2: it takes about 1.8 gig, so a 4G card should suffice :)

Can we please get an update on if this is coming to the PSN store in North America?

I will import a copy if it is not, not a big deal. But I would rather do it the digital way and save the shipping and expense hassles if possible.

Yes, it will be. As soon as we can give a definite date, we will.

Two questions I need answering please before I buy this

1) How many seasons can you play this for?

2)How bigger memory card will I need?

I do apologise if this has been answered already on the forums.

1. 30 seasons. You can also continue indefinitely on PC as always

2. Around 1.8GB

30 seasons trophy does not unlock!!

I was playing a career in scotland won 3 leagues, then went on holiday until I got an internationl management job, it took 20 years!!

Won world cup and Euros with England, then holidayed until 2034 when the game ends, got no trophy unlock!!

Tried the entire last year again just clicking continue for the whole year, still does not unlock.

Was this tested??

I did play about 10 of my 30 years on the PC version as you can holiday quicker on that, but like I said last year always back on Vita.

Gutted 8-(

i bought the game yesterday, played for 2 hours and am done with it, this is the worst fm ever released, you guys from SI should be ashamed, we waited for so long for this?

Bad points:

1-->Small letters, pretty hard to click on a player name sometimes.

2-->Sometimes the menu or when you press something and a menu shows blocks the view of something important.

3-->You cant create your own tactic, i tried with the L button pressed and the player just doesnt go where i want, the "shirt" stays there like you didnt finish putting the player in the right spot, and because of that you cant move another player(tryed a lot of times)

4-->I dont understand why we cant use the buttons to play this game, at least add an option to use buttons to scrool down from player to player and select them to see the profile.

5-->THE GAME IS ULTRA SLOW, not even on the PSP it was that slow, it is impossible to play 3 leagues at the same time. I love to play with low league clubs, but if i add the low leagues the game just takes a while to load/save/when i click something.

6-->The match engine is pretty similar to the FMC for PC but the 3D is slow as hell, breaking all the time, sometimes the player moves and the ball is not even there is ridiculous.

7-->Why is not instant result in the game?the normal FMC has it. To have a fast game it is a must to have this feature.

I play SI games for a long time now, since CM 2. And this is by far the worst game they ever produced, they had a lot of time to make it and this compared with the PSP/Android version is so bad. I know these one has a lot of extra features, but one of the key features for a portable game is that it must be fast to play, because we dont want to recharge the portable device a lot of time so we can finish one season. Not having the instant result feature was a pretty bad decision for my opnion. I will get my money back tomorrow, am very desapointed. I read the post here and the reviews and decided to ignore since i believed in SI so much, never again.

Thanks,

Thiago Costa

This game is not so bad but, for me, perfect game for portable device is FMH14 with a great match engine and tactics parts.

I think that Si developers can put same fmc match engine also in ipad version or tablet android (the best device for these kinds of games)

Can we please get an update on if this is coming to the PSN store in North America?

I will import a copy if it is not, not a big deal. But I would rather do it the digital way and save the shipping and expense hassles if possible.

yeah some kind of update would be nice. caught in two minds whether to import or wait and buy digitally. (would rather have it digitally)

Help us out SI. Has it even been submitted to the US PSN? (surely you'd know the answer to this)

This game is not so bad but, for me, perfect game for portable device is FMH14 with a great match engine and tactics parts.

I think that Si developers can put same fmc match engine also in ipad version or tablet android (the best device for these kinds of games)

FMH + Match Engine and Tactics = FMC. There is no middle ground unfortunately.

As has been confirmed in other threads, the technical demands of FMC in a portable environment are beyond any iPad or "other" tablet.

i bought the game yesterday, played for 2 hours and am done with it, this is the worst fm ever released, you guys from SI should be ashamed, we waited for so long for this?.....

Thiago Costa

I think you need to appreciate the technical challenges that were overcome to shoehorn something as complex as FMC, onto a portable gaming device.

Much of your feedback is restricted by the capabilities of the Vita. Text is small because the screen isn't huge, and the same reason affects some of the UI navigation.

The ME is slow compared to the PC / Mac / Linux versions - and that's because you are comparing the performance of something costing £200 to something costing £500+. My Ford Focus isn't as fast as a new Golf GTI. I'm not surprised.

Instant result isn't in the game, as that was one of the technical aspects that needed to be compromised to squeeze the game onto the Vita.

I think you need to separate two things. Firstly, FMC is not FMH. Secondly, the performance of such a huge game on a relatively limited platform will not be directly comparable to a more expensive machine. Given the context of these two things, it's a Hell of an achievement.

I understand that different people have different opinions, but I think your appraisal is somewhat harsh given the facts stated above.

i bought the game yesterday, played for 2 hours and am done with it, this is the worst fm ever released, you guys from SI should be ashamed, we waited for so long for this?

Bad points:

1-->Small letters, pretty hard to click on a player name sometimes.

2-->Sometimes the menu or when you press something and a menu shows blocks the view of something important.

3-->You cant create your own tactic, i tried with the L button pressed and the player just doesnt go where i want, the "shirt" stays there like you didnt finish putting the player in the right spot, and because of that you cant move another player(tryed a lot of times)

4-->I dont understand why we cant use the buttons to play this game, at least add an option to use buttons to scrool down from player to player and select them to see the profile.

5-->THE GAME IS ULTRA SLOW, not even on the PSP it was that slow, it is impossible to play 3 leagues at the same time. I love to play with low league clubs, but if i add the low leagues the game just takes a while to load/save/when i click something.

6-->The match engine is pretty similar to the FMC for PC but the 3D is slow as hell, breaking all the time, sometimes the player moves and the ball is not even there is ridiculous.

7-->Why is not instant result in the game?the normal FMC has it. To have a fast game it is a must to have this feature.

I play SI games for a long time now, since CM 2. And this is by far the worst game they ever produced, they had a lot of time to make it and this compared with the PSP/Android version is so bad. I know these one has a lot of extra features, but one of the key features for a portable game is that it must be fast to play, because we dont want to recharge the portable device a lot of time so we can finish one season. Not having the instant result feature was a pretty bad decision for my opnion. I will get my money back tomorrow, am very desapointed. I read the post here and the reviews and decided to ignore since i believed in SI so much, never again.

Thanks,

Thiago Costa

gosh, stop whining, the game's awesome. Stop being so negative and try not to moan about every little thing.

Archived