Football Manager Classic Vita FEEDBACK THREAD

I know that's the main game and you have proper transfer rules in the main game.

But this is from the description of the Classics Vita game: "a 3D match engine showing the action, a full tactics module, realistic transfers, AI that makes both players and managers act as you’d expect them to in the real world".

You can't just release the game in North America claiming that, and then not include proper transfer rules for the MLS.

Obviously I very much regret the decision to buy this. I will not repeat the same mistake.

Now I'm wondering if there is another feature that were advertised and is not in the game.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd really like to be able to give control to my assistant when playing friendlies and of course the instant result.

And a minor issue, some bronze trophies should be silvers based on difficulty and time needed.

i've just purshased generated son, generated him, than my game crashed during saving team selection (this ocurres quite often btw), i didnt managed to save my game before. after i've loaded my last save, generated son unlockable was missing in my wallet and i cannot buy it again, because i allready own it in ps store. i don't have in in wallet even in other saved games. what to do?

I purchased Abolish Work Permit, but when I try and sign a foreign player it still says I need a work permit. Do I need to do something to activate the unlock?

In the Wallet, you need to tap 'Apply to Game' on the unlockable.

i've just purshased generated son, generated him, than my game crashed during saving team selection (this ocurres quite often btw), i didnt managed to save my game before. after i've loaded my last save, generated son unlockable was missing in my wallet and i cannot buy it again, because i allready own it in ps store. i don't have in in wallet even in other saved games. what to do?

I've sent you a PM

In the Wallet, you need to tap 'Apply to Game' on the unlockable.

I don't have that option in my wallet. All I have is boost bank balance (which I havn't purchased). Then underneath it says "unlockables" in yellow! but nothing below that.

I've had the game since release, bar a couple one small issue (I've put it on the bugs forum) I've really enjoyed the game. Unlike most people I haven't played the PC version in years, but I've played it on the PSP for more hours than I can count.

The much maligned touch screen interface is fine, very occasionally I bump the wrong button and it can be tricky if you are on a train. For next year could there be some kind of mouse icon via the analogue stick to allow for more precise clicking?

In terms of gameplay I think the difficulty level is good, the PSP version was a bit too easy once you'd established yourself, but every single match is a challenge now you can make more subtle tactical adjustments.

Hi guys,

The PlayStation Store unlockables should now all be available in all regions.

Snagsbain/Bazjame - if this issue hasn't resolved itself, could you each create a new thread in the bugs forum? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/377-FMC-PlayStation-Vita-Bugs-Forum Easy to lose track of things like this in this thread, thanks.

After 13 day of "sorting" my problem with missing unlockable Aaron sent me generic email address to SEGA Customer Services. Quite sad.. I hope this bug (and many others) will be fixed and no more people will end loosing money for not working unlockables. This is no hatery but disappointment. FMC vita is still pretty awesome game btw.

The full FM 14 is now $12,50 on Steam, while for the vita, which includes only the classic mode and some additional bugs, still costs $39,90 in US.

Congratulations to all involved.

The full FM 14 is now $12,50 on Steam, while for the vita, which includes only the classic mode and some additional bugs, still costs $39,90 in US.

Congratulations to all involved.

How long has FM been out? How long has FMC for the Vita? It's also on two separate platforms, so you can't make the connection that since FM is on sale on Steam, the Vita version should be too.

Two things regarding penalties:

1- When on the penalty taker tab of the tactics during a match, the stat shown is finishing, not penalty taking ability. does anyone know how to change this?

2- I don't know if you are aware but penalties are saved in real life. On the vita it seems as if every single penalty is scored. I cant recall seeing someone miss one in a match and I have had 3 penalty shoot-outs that have gone into double figures, with both teams scoring every penalty. Just seems a little bit unrealistic.

the game was on sale on the PSN, so i decided to take the chance and bought it

the graphics are good, it looks quite close to the FMC-part on PC, it also doesn't skimp on the options you have, i.e. nothing seems to have been cut back, good work!

now, i haven't played for long, about an hour, and i have 2 complaints, 1 that i can manage and 1 that is already making me regret the purchase. sounds harsh, but let me explain :

1) the game is slow and sluggish, but this can be expected considering the hardware, so no further remarks on this part

2) the controls of this game, while not bad at first sight, are horrible

let me elaborate on the last point

what are good controls? good controls make sure that you can do all the things needed to do, without a fuss, not impeding or holding back your enjoyment of the game

this game doesn't have that, let me give an example

i'm at the 1st friendly of the season, and i want to select my last sub before i begin the match. i push on the space before the player's name to select him as S12 and the line goes yellow, nothing happens. 8 pushes on (some firm, some quick) and still not selected, then on push 10, he's selected. i'm already bummed out

my suggestion : add an alternative control scheme that goes like this :

left stick : simulates a mouse cursor, which means actually seeing a mouse cursor going around

left trigger : simulates the left mouse button

right trigger : simulates the right mouse button

i can't fault the other buttons, i don't mind pushing a button to pull down the menu because otherwise the screen would be too cramped, but the touch controls ARE TOO IMPRECISE, they make navigating the game a chore

is the control scheme as-it-is tested? like, played for a 4-hour session to see if it is comfortable? i highly doubt it

there's a good game hidden in here, almost there, but the control scheme really torpedoes it, releasing a patch with an added control scheme is all that's needed anymore

Hi,

I've got to many injuries. Every Game someone else ist injured our get a knock. In training I get a lot of injuries too.

Maybe it is a problem with FMC on Vita?

Having just bought the game, the first thing I have noticed is the touch responsiveness is definitely lacking. The controls are not too bad, I quite like them really. The game is a bit slow, but not terribly more so than running it on my surface pro 2. The 3d games have fairly low res. Players and the game can get choppy. Honestly, if the responsiveness to touch was improved, everything else would probably not matter much to me. But when you have to tap buttons several times before it registers, my frustration sets in quickly. The most apparent case of this is when I am trying to modify my formation by dragging players around. But well done on getting the game mostly correct as there is a real gem here. A patch or two and this thing won't leave my hands.

Hi,

I've got to many injuries. Every Game someone else ist injured our get a knock. In training I get a lot of injuries too.

Maybe it is a problem with FMC on Vita?

Nobody else with this problem?

The game is not without its faults, and there are things I would change or do differently, but this is true of every game I own. Yes, the text is quite small and, combined with the responsiveness of the touch screen, there can be issues when trying to choose one option which is is close proximity to others - eg media responses, transfer negotiations, accepting or rejecting various offers in emails and the like (a neat patch could be to have a "Respond to XXXXXX" button which pops up a quick overlay with suitably spaced buttons offering all the different options). But there are far brighter and more capable people than me working on these and more complaints and quibbles and I have faith that future releases will be better.

I do wish that there was different statistics available at times, like the training report showing your squad's happiness with their training. I would like to click on that pie chart and find out who is unhappy etc. without having to trawl through my squad a player at a time. I also wish there was the ability to train players individually.

But having said all that, I love this game and am having a great time learning it and getting better with regards to adjusting tactics on the fly, rotating my squad effectively, and all the rest. I don't think it's an easy game at all, and indeed a lot of the enjoyment comes from this. Who wants to win everything at a canter? You might as well not be there.

Ultimately I would prefer to play the full blown version on PC, but seeing as I live in Taiwan the only version available to me is the Vita one - don't understand exactly why this is the case, Steam tells me it's unavailable here, but PSN store has it so if it's a licensing issue why does it apply to one version but not the other?

Anyhow.

Great job, SI. I still remember sitting in front of my tv playing the original Football Manager on my rubber-keyed ZX Spectrum thirty years ago (now THAT was a 3d match engine!), and it really astounds me how far these simulations have come.

Ok, so I've put in several more hours into the game and I have updated impressions. SI, you're done a great job here, even with the issues I have, they won't stop me from putting in several dozen more hours into it. The biggest issue I have are with moving from one area of the game to the next (from tactics to reports, say) as it takes maybe a second or two longer than I'm used to, it's just not snappy as it should/could be. The problem with not being able to drag players in tactics wizard seems to be a bug, and isolated to that section only.saving takes quite a while and the games can be choppy. The text is not a problem and is actually the perfect size for me. The graphics look really crisp and I really love picking up the game to play(it is a tremendous benefit that the vita can go into standby mode). I really hope SI continues this release on the vita, they're doing a great job.

A few questions:

I can't watvh a full game on vita? Right?

Is it possible to add one more League on Vita?

How can I see the opposite formation and the used players bevor the game?

A few questions:

I can't watvh a full game on vita? Right?

Is it possible to add one more League on Vita?

How can I see the opposite formation and the used players bevor the game?

Nobody?

How can I update youth facilities? I can only ask the board about training facilities.

Played this for 5 seasons now.

My opinion hasn't really changed since first impressions.....

1 - Its AMAZING, and addictive just like FMC on PC, great to have on Vita.

2 - Its too slow (judging on my experience so far with all English and Scottish leagues active)

3 - Menus and navigation needs to be tailored more to Vitas letterbox screen.

4 - Please please please, can we save tactics! I mean Tactics that include team & player instructions like PC version

5 - Being able to download .tac files would be awesome

6 - Waiting for corners to be taken & injured players to leave the pitch in ME is really frustrating

7 - Penalty shootouts seem to go on forever.

If 2 & 3 are sorted for next version, would pick it up again in a heartbeat, and think it would review and sell better, 5, 6 & 7 are just little nags.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

three more questions:

1. Is it possible to watch the opposide last match?

2. Can I see the opposide tactic befor the match? Witch Player plays on witch position?

3. Can I told my Assistant to play the reserve with the same Formation as the first team?

All for PS Vita. I don't find this options.

Thanks

Volker

• Administrators
Hi,

three more questions:

1. Is it possible to watch the opposide last match?

No, I'm afraid not.

2. Can I see the opposide tactic befor the match? Witch Player plays on witch position?

You can only view the opposition tactic when the match has started, same as PC.

3. Can I told my Assistant to play the reserve with the same Formation as the first team?

They will anyway (on PC at least). Hope that helps.

the game was on sale on the PSN, so i decided to take the chance and bought it

the graphics are good, it looks quite close to the FMC-part on PC, it also doesn't skimp on the options you have, i.e. nothing seems to have been cut back, good work!

now, i haven't played for long, about an hour, and i have 2 complaints, 1 that i can manage and 1 that is already making me regret the purchase. sounds harsh, but let me explain :

1) the game is slow and sluggish, but this can be expected considering the hardware, so no further remarks on this part

2) the controls of this game, while not bad at first sight, are horrible

let me elaborate on the last point

what are good controls? good controls make sure that you can do all the things needed to do, without a fuss, not impeding or holding back your enjoyment of the game

this game doesn't have that, let me give an example

i'm at the 1st friendly of the season, and i want to select my last sub before i begin the match. i push on the space before the player's name to select him as S12 and the line goes yellow, nothing happens. 8 pushes on (some firm, some quick) and still not selected, then on push 10, he's selected. i'm already bummed out

my suggestion : add an alternative control scheme that goes like this :

left stick : simulates a mouse cursor, which means actually seeing a mouse cursor going around

left trigger : simulates the left mouse button

right trigger : simulates the right mouse button

i can't fault the other buttons, i don't mind pushing a button to pull down the menu because otherwise the screen would be too cramped, but the touch controls ARE TOO IMPRECISE, they make navigating the game a chore

is the control scheme as-it-is tested? like, played for a 4-hour session to see if it is comfortable? i highly doubt it

there's a good game hidden in here, almost there, but the control scheme really torpedoes it, releasing a patch with an added control scheme is all that's needed anymore

I agree with you 100%

From reading this thread, it sadly seems that the problems with the controls is something that SI are not willing to address.

I am used to playing FMH on the psp which was excellent and was a breeze to play with the dpad. I have also played FMH on an android tablet which had controls and an interface that I would describe as passable.

Part of the problem may be that i am not used to navigating the full fat FM game but even still it is a bit of a joke. Some things that you have to press on are literally only a mm or two big. The game interface just isnt easy at all to get around, during a match i am especially confused. The text commentary has been relegated to the bottom and some interfaces even seem to overlap one another. Simple things like substitutions take an age or are too difficult. I've no idea how i would even go about moving the position of a player. The poorly thought out controls, coupled with the sluggishness make this almost unplayable, i imagine it would certainly be the case on the go, which is surely the point of a portable console like the Vita?

Dont do a straight port of a pc game then not give us a mouse cursor. If you're going to do that then the alternative controls must work excellently!

Some sort of response from SI regarding this issue would be appreciated.

• Administrators

toiletduck, Please take a look here: http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2014/04/10/football-manager-classic-2014-on-vita-sports-interactives-miles-jacobson-answers-your-and-opms-questions/

Sorry to hear you are frustrated but FMH is nothing like FMC at all, I hope the above link clarifies things for you.

I realise that but it doesnt excuse the poor controls. This quote from MJ says it all

"We have a really, really good, well-designed, perfect for Vita touchscreen interface that we didn’t have the time to implement."

Ideally I'd love to play FMC on Vita with controls similar to what the PSP had.

• Administrators

That's a fair comment and what the feedback thread is for, thank you for letting us know what you think. We'll be taking comments on board for the future but there are no planned updates to the Vita I'm afraid.

Just had another thought, considering you had

"a really good, well-designed, perfect for Vita touchscreen interface that we didn’t have the time to implement."

and the game was already what, 6-9 months late? Why not just take the time to implement that into a 2014/15 season version? Instead of the late, out of date, borked version we now have? :rolleyes::thdn:

• Administrators

It was never late. Releases are new platforms are typically at this time. Xbox, iPhone, iPad, Android all had their first releases at this time.

• Administrators

We haven't made any official announcements for any future games yet.

Sorry Lucas, I saw that Miles posted this in answer to the many questions that were posted about the delayed release date but I simply don't buy it. Given that the cross save function with the PC version was one of the big selling points of the game (it certainly held much appeal for me) then surely there is a certain duality regarding both versions release dates? Sorry dude, pointing to the previous release dates on other platforms just doesn't cut it in this case.

Archived