Football Manager Classic Vita FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came through the letterbox!

I have had 30 minutes with this and so far I must say I am VERY impressed. The interface, which I had initial concerns with, really does work. It almost in a strange way feels like FMC was made for the PS Vita.

First impressions brilliant.

So no freez or long time loading.... cool :).

Did you used to play FMC on pc ? If yes, the vita version seems to be the same ? Tactil screen works well ? The interface isn't too small ?

Yes, Yes, Yes and no.

As I say, it is all well put together. Not too cramped as I feared it may. It is going to be a brilliant feature for me.

I have this grip below on my Vita aswell. This whole experience is fantastic I must say.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GABRQ4Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quite a few reviews popping up now, some less complimentary than others.

Main quibble seems to be performance relative to the PC version, but I assume that there must be a degree of compromise to squeeze the game onto the Vita.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/psvita/football_manager_classic_2014

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/football_manager_classic_2014_review_psvita.html

I'm ignoring that review. He'd played for 7 hours, and it almost sounds like he's never played the game before.

I had the same impression after reading it. Sounds like he was expecting FMH on Vita.

I had read somewhere that moving players requires you to also hold the L trigger. Could it be that the reviewer didn't know to do that?

Nothing would surprise me with game reviewers!

Let us know how you get on with your own copy of the game tonight, and if you remember, try to keep an eye out for this specific "issue".

Nothing would surprise me with game reviewers!

Let us know how you get on with your own copy of the game tonight, and if you remember, try to keep an eye out for this specific "issue".

I will try and purposely get a player sent off to try it.

Are you picking the game up at all?

I had read somewhere that moving players requires you to also hold the L trigger. Could it be that the reviewer didn't know to do that?

Thank You :) I didn't know this and was having a problem moving players around but that solves it. It seems the same as the PC one but obviously slower because it's on a vita. The text is very small but hopefully this will just take getting used to, apart from that the only issue is kits and logos which I expect will come with time.

Great point, I remember reading that too somewhere. Still be nice to get it confirmed about the issue.

Shopto sounds good, can't wait to pick this up - sure it won't be perfect but who care it's FMC in your pocket for crying out loud!

Speed (unless unbearably slow) has never been an issue for me, if it's too quick I think it loses some of it's immersion factor. I do hope that you can still look at various stats / players etc, whilst the game is generating results in the background?

Shauny1990 - Two questions for me please:

1. Have you given the Cross Save Functionality a go yet?

2. Did you start a new save on the Vita, or upload an existing PC one and continue it on the Vita?

My save was completely fresh. I havent tried the cross save as of yet because I just wanted to go all in and see how I got on.

I find it bizarre people reporting bad reviews. All I will say is, like myself if you have years and years of experience of FM, embraced FMC for what it was and is, you will love this edition.

Thank You :) I didn't know this and was having a problem moving players around but that solves it. It seems the same as the PC one but obviously slower because it's on a vita. The text is very small but hopefully this will just take getting used to, apart from that the only issue is kits and logos which I expect will come with time.

No problem I am glad I could help.

They've now corrected their review - this was indeed the case.

Shocking that they played for 7 hours and didn't realise this. Next time just send their review copy to me as they obviously haven't bothered with a thorough review and reading it seems like they wanted to hate it from the start.

They've now corrected their review - this was indeed the case.

Haha. Just re-read his review. So lot me get this straight, one of his complaints, wasn't actually a bug yet it doesn't change his view on the game?!! Great review... Not.

Sounds like the core market of players love it and I can't wait to play.

@Aaron Can you look at stats / perform tasks whilst the game is running the results in the background?

Just learned from stalking Miles' tweets that there is no Instant Result on the Vita version for technical reasons.

Doesn't affect me at all, but is probably worth mentioning.

I've read that too, what was the point of an option like that though, didn't that take away a big part of the enjoyment?

I've read that too, what was the point of an option like that though, didn't that take away a big part of the enjoyment?

Different people like different elements of the game.

Some people just like to concentrate on squad building, and aren't bothered by the matches at all.

Not my way of playing, but each to their own!

Some people just like to concentrate on squad building, and aren't bothered by the matches at all.

I see, I thought everyone would enjoy the stats etc during matches because you are seeing the results of your work, as you said though each to their own

I'm by no means an expert on football manager, as my questions and comments no doubt highlight, but does anyone else get the feeling that quite a few of the people writing the reviews don't really get what the game is about? Several issues mentioned in reviews have been corrected, or described in a better manner by people on this section within minutes of any queries made

My girlfriend took delivery of the game ordered from shopto shortly before 12, I got home from work about 1 & been playing it since then, continued my save game via cross save which worked perfectly well, not played a match yet as I'm in pre season & sorting out my squad, so 4 hours I spent on game sorting out transfers contracts etc, can't believe how much they have crammed into a handheld version of the game, my view so far is its outstanding.

Is there actually an option to disable the touchscreen elements to it and stick a mouse on the screen and play that way? Similarly to how I remember it on the Xbox 360/PSP?? Only I would probably say that is my only negative of the game, and what could potentially (I am hoping not!) put me off it a little. After a few hours it ends up becoming extremely fiddly and tiresome especially with the bulky fingers I have and the size of the screen. I keep having to actually change the positionings of my hands!

I am beginning to lose patience with the touchscreen when I expected it would just come natural and grow on me a few hours ago. Do you HAVE to use the touchscreen? Is there not a feature to bang a little mouse on the screen and use it with the little joystick? After all, the title is called Classic...

More of a DOF approach? Could be interesting.

Archived